Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Re: Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec

Post by krishnan »

pankajs wrote:
CNN-IBN News ‏@ibnlive 9m9 minutes ago Noida, Uttar Pradesh

Pakistan security forces nab over 300 terror suspects in Islamabad http://
Where these folks preparing for Gazwa-e-Pind?
you cant capture so many without knowning where to find them
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

They are standing against the coffin and look united to me. Seems like no fatwas issued refusing burial rights, like which happened in Aus.
There was supposed to be a rally of sorts by thousands of madrassas in Bakistan(I guess as a pushback to current rona dhona). Any news?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Anujan wrote:Remember all those articles about all of Pakistan being united against terror? Well this is the funeral of one of the taliban abduls who was hanged.
Well, the ummah have an answer too for that. They always claim that once somebody is dead, the funeral has to be conducted and anyone and everyone around must attend that.

The Punjab & NWFP Assemblies offered fateha to Zarqawi. Even the National Assembly wanted to do that but better sense prevailed.
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

They appear to be standing respectfully in line to offer fateha...TTP is alive & kicking in Pakistan
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pak varsity closed for indefinite period
Pakistan’s prestigious Quaid-i-Azam University (QAU) here has been closed for indefinite period due to security concerns.

A spokesman of the QAU said the university has been closed for an indefinite period, Dawn reported on Sunday.

He, however, said the administrative office of the university would remain open for processing admissions for spring 2015.

Majority of the educational institutions have been closed as annual winter vacation was announced from December 20 and due to security concerns in the wake of the Peshawar school massacre and the decision of the Pakistan’s government to restore capital punishment.

According to sources quoting intelligence agency officials, QAU, with no boundary wall and a vast open area, could be a soft target of terrorists, the newspaper reported.

“The security agencies have shown their concern over the security of the university so we decided to close it for an indefinite period,” said a senior faculty member of the QAU, on condition of anonymity.

Last month, intelligence agencies had sent a security alert to the QAU management.

Other universities in the capital which have been closed are International Islamic University Islamabad (IIUI), National University of Science and Technology (NUST), Bahria University and National University of Modern Languages (NUML).

NUML will re-open on December 26.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

pankajs wrote:

How many of these terror suspects were pure? How many were greener and greenest? Probably all of the suspects were pakis in true sense ie pure.
Gerard
Forum Moderator

Post by Gerard »

RajeshA wrote:
Sudip wrote:
Christine Fair has come some way from her statements of Indians supporting Baluchistanis using our embassies in Afghanistan. Very clear explanation of ISI thinking.
Indeed. Shocking frankness. She didn't hold back at all.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Ambar wrote:Had the peshawar incident occurred in some poor hazara neighborhood in Balochistan, no one would have batted their eyelids. Had this been some hapless ahmadis or shias blown to smithereens in their places of worship, there would be no greater reaction than the obligatory "Terrorists are evil and they will be defeated" statements from the talking heads of TSPA and their politicians. But this was different. This happened to the children of Pakistani elite in an army run institute. For the first time the chickens have gone to their masters den to roost. What baffles me is not the reaction in pakistan which is understandable for the above reasons, but the reaction in India. From the usual anti-national bigot Mahesh Butt to mostly sensible Anupam Kher ( married to BJP MP Kirron Kher) are tripping over one another to do rudali. Where were these people when Mumbai train blasts,zaveri bazar blasts,26/11 or countless other blasts in other Indian cities ? Isn't that terrorism ? Weren't children killed in those acts of violence too ? Where was their anguish and anger then ? The so called secular political parties,leftist NGOs and bollywood are the three pillars of anti-nationals in India. We will never be safe nor sane as long as these 3 exists in their current form.
Insightful observations

For example, see this image:
The image caption is: "Civil society members take part in a candle light vigil for the victims of the Army Public School in Peshawar. —AP"

Is this Pakistani civil society, or is civil society seen in the image below?

In fact the lower image represents civil society more in Shitistan. But the upper image shows people who own the media narrative and they are hand in hand with similar people in India (eg Anupam Kher/Bollywood) who drive the media images and imagine that they are civil society
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

http://www.dawn.com/news/1152145/not-on-their-watch

Not on their watch
SOMETIMES, anecdotes suffice. Late last year, after a wave of terror attacks in KP had forced the government to think about militancy, the prime minister held a round of consultations with the usual suspects from the media, the analyst community, civil society and the like.

At one of those meetings, the prime minister said he was simply there to listen, invited everyone he had gathered to speak their minds and patiently held a pencil in his hand, occasionally jotting something down.

For hours, folk you read and hear and watch if you’re interested in politics and security talked exhaustively about militancy and terrorism and what they individually thought needed to be done.

Many talked about the counter-insurgency in Fata. Afghanistan was debated. The US was discussed. India was mentioned. Civil-military was analysed. Lack of resources, how to find those resources, how to build on existing resources, it was all parsed.

Collating all the thoughts and opinions voiced that afternoon it amounted to a fairly comprehensive and impressive action plan — if the state were ever to get serious about fighting the militants who are fighting it.

One thing stood out though: there was no discussion of Punjab. It was not even mentioned. It was all TTP, Fata, KP, Karachi, Islamabad, bad militants, Afghan Taliban, Haqqanis even. But no Punjab.

Perhaps propriety dictated that, given the host that afternoon is the king of Punjab. But the topic was terrorism and how to make Pakistan safe and the host had urged a frank discussion. So, at the end, after everyone had spoken and no one had mentioned Punjab, I asked the prime minister about his province.

What’s the point in talking about militancy if the debate is limited to the fires that are already raging; what about Punjab, where everyone knows there’s a militancy presence bigger than Fata and KP combined and where the PML-N is known to be in bed with at least some militants?

That was the only time in those several hours that Nawaz became animated. He quickly and flatly denied any links between his party and Punjab-based militants and denied that Punjab has an outsize militancy problem. He didn’t need to.

The few ministers in attendance leapt to their boss and their province’s defence. Not true. No terrorism in Punjab. No such thing. No understanding with any militant groups. It’s all a lie. Everyone else at that table knew they were lying, possibly to themselves, certainly to us.

Another anecdote. From the Kayani era, an anecdote relevant still because it extends to the decisive, dashing Raheel era. The anecdote was narrated second-hand.

Gen K had invited a small group of civilian security experts for a chat. They were there to talk about the counter-insurgency in Fata and the spillover into the cities. At some point, one of the participants asked the general about Punjab.

Nothing you do in Fata or KP will matter as long as Punjab remains untouched, as long as Hafiz Saeed and his ilk are allowed to run around. The two zones are connected, you can’t fix one problem without addressing the other; why aren’t you dealing with Punjab, Gen K was asked.

As he was inclined to do when asked a difficult question, Gen K puffed on his cigarette, said nothing for a while and then quietly turned to address someone else. After the meeting though, Gen K pulled aside his guest who had asked about Punjab.

I was not avoiding your question, he said, I didn’t want to answer it in front of everyone else. Then, in typical Kayani style, he responded with a question of his own: do you want me to break the army, to fracture it by opening another front? I won’t allow that on my watch.

Not on my watch. There it was, an honest answer, given in private, the same answer that Nawaz would probably give in a private, honest moment. Not on my watch.

But things, awful, terrible things, do happen on their watch. We lived through one this week. Why, people ask, is that never enough to spur the political and military leadership into saying, enough. Never again. Not on my or anyone else’s watch.

Because bad things happening does not mean worse cannot happen. What the people don’t know, the political and military leadership does: better — politically and militarily better — to deal with the bad than to have to deal with the worse.

Most here have forgotten why Musharraf delayed action against Lal Masjid for six months in 2007 and what happened after the raid. Which is also why most here cannot understand why that odious man, Abdul Aziz, is allowed to mock the nation’s pain and threaten peaceful citizens gathered outside his mosque.

“If I am arrested the administration will not be able to control the protest rallies all over Pakistan. And if they kill me then there would be so many suicide attacks that it would surpass the reaction that followed the death of my brother, Abdul Rashid Ghazi,” that odious man, Abdul Aziz, threatened on Friday from inside his mosque.

Aziz was being honest. The political and military leadership knows that. That political and military leadership saw what happened after July 2007, when a wave of suicide bombings and fidayeen attacks that convulsed the country were traced back to anger over the Lal Masjid raid.

The political and military leadership knows it can happen again. The political and military leadership knows it can’t stop it from happening again. The political and military leadership does not want it to happen again, at least not on their watch.

Better then to keep Aziz onside, especially since he is willing to remain on the right side. Like so many in Punjab.

So it’s fear then? Weak leadership and a broken state? Not entirely.

Because you always have to wonder, of the men deployed to track Abdul Aziz’s ugly threats, how many are there to keep an eye on Aziz and how many to stand in prayer behind him?

The writer is a member of staff.

cyril.a@gmail.com
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Gerard wrote:
RajeshA wrote:Christine Fair has come some way from her statements of Indians supporting Baluchistanis using our embassies in Afghanistan. Very clear explanation of ISI thinking.
Hats off to Ms. C. Fair.
Arjun
BRF Oldie

Post by Arjun »

shiv wrote:Pakistan has all the fissures that the British identified in India when they said India would not last long.
OT, but I think we have to understand that the British were going by their own experience in Europe when they determined that India would not last long as a single nation-state.

Christianity also exacerbates cultural differences, though perhaps to a lesser extent than Islam - resulting in an inevitable movement of 'monocultural' regional / linguistic groups morphing into separate nation-states. There is NO hope in hell of all of Europe coming together anytime soon to form a single nationstate, despite having the glue of a common religion and common race already in place. From the British standpoint, I can understand well why they thought India was exactly the same as Europe. The reality however, is that Hinduism is a highly assimilative religion - and despite having many more languages and cultural differences and population than all of Europe, there is an underlying ideal and nationalist feeling that binds the land together.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Delightfully pious fjix textbook excerpt from the land of the purrie.

vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

CRamS wrote:The Big Fight on UndY is worth a watch for the reason that the American govt mouthpiece on the panel was asked if US also makes the distinction between "good terrorists" (TSP pigLeTs that target India) and "bad terrorists" (those that target US and TSPA)

http://www.ndtv.com/video/player/the-bi ... sts/349254

On the flip side, Vikram let that Paki puke get away with Samjuatha instead of pointing out that it was a self goal by MMS, and UN in fact has named a Paki pigLeT as the master mind.

Fianlly, important question for us on BR. Brahma Chellaney claims that there has not been a single drone strike by US on Afghan Taliban sitting in Quetta and elsewhere. Is his claim true? Also, why would the US not press for Afghan Taliban GPS coordinates from ISI? This seems rather strange to me.
War on bad terror only? Wonder why pakis never ask such a question, after all it is the pakis who blame Afghans for giving sanctuary to Afghan Taliban.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Hari,

Is that really from a Pak physics textbook? Incredible...
Comer
BRF Oldie

Post by Comer »

I like the optimistic numbering. As if there are various points to discuss beyond 1.1.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

India to seek clarification from UN on reference to Hafiz Saeed
Perturbed over calling 26/11 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and JuD chief Hafiz Saeed as as 'sahib' by a UN Security Council panel, India will seek a clarification on it from the world body.

It is understood that the government will seek the clarification on the usage in the communication by Gary Quilan, the Chair of UN Security Council Committee, on December 17.

Quinlan made the reference to Saeed in the communication on information regarding banned terror organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba and Saeed pursuant to earlier UN resolutions concerning al-Qaida and associated individuals and entities.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^
“If I am arrested the administration will not be able to control the protest rallies all over Pakistan. And if they kill me then there would be so many suicide attacks that it would surpass the reaction that followed the death of my brother, Abdul Rashid Ghazi,” that odious man, Abdul Aziz, threatened on Friday from inside his mosque.
Is this simply an excuse for not doing what they don't want to do anyway?

Because if the Pakistan Army really is afraid of cracking down on jihadis in Punjab, then the situation is unstable, because more and more jihadis will infiltrate Punjab. We would have seen efforts led by the Army to "secularize" Punjab, so that even if they can't drain the swamp, they can stop the inflow.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

Anujan wrote:Remember all those articles about all of Pakistan being united against terror? Well this is the funeral of one of the taliban abduls who was hanged........
They're showing how they're united against the terror of the kaffir state. So?
Hari Seldon wrote:Delightfully pious fjix textbook excerpt from the land of the purrie..............
I know this isn't the Bojitiv thread, but that sort of stuff lends itself so beautifully to a 'translation'. As in:
Bhat ij Phijisex, i ask ju?

Munna Anwar, I am talking to ju! Stop dekhoing at Ayesha's beachy pottom! Bhat ij Phijisex? Now suno: The Almighty created this jahaan pillions of years ago aphter eating pindi chana, bith a single plast through hij Musharraf. (Bhat followed in solid form soon aphter waj the strategic mulk of Bakistan).

And so on..
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

JE Menon wrote:Hari,

Is that really from a Pak physics textbook? Incredible...
Found on the web, provenance doubtful, hence TIFWIW.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 594154.cms

Al-Qaida 'bursting with pain' over Pakistan school attack
PESHAWAR: Al-Qaida's regional branch on Sunday said its hearts were "bursting with pain" over the Taliban's massacre at a Pakistan school and urged the militants to target only security forces.

The attack on Tuesday killed 149 people - mostly children - in the northwestern Pakistani city of Peshawar.

"Our hearts are bursting with pain and grief over this incident," Osama Mehmood, spokesman for al-Qaida South Asia chapter said in a four-page emailed statement.

"There is no doubt that the list of crimes and atrocities of the Pakistani army has crossed the limit and it is true that this army is ahead of everyone in America's slavery and genocide of Muslims ... but it does not mean that we should seek revenge from oppressed Muslims," Mehmood said.

"The guns that we have taken up against Allah's enemy America and its pet rulers and slave army should not be aimed towards children, women and our Muslim people," he added.
g.sarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by g.sarkar »

http://rt.com/news/216387-pakistan-exec ... an-akhlaq/
Russian citizen executed in Pakistan, officials confirm to embassy
Russian citizen Akhlas Akhlaq has been executed in Pakistan together with three other men, all convicted of attempting to assassinate former President Musharraf, Pakistan’s Interior Ministry confirmed to the Russian Embassy.
Earlier, Russian diplomats, citing Akhlaq’s lawyer, said the execution could be postponed until the arrival of his mother on Monday.....
Gautam
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Chechen terrorist?
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Looks like a lot Western Women have been targeted in love Jihad by the Pakis. They all seem to have a Paki wife as a spare. Never here much of Paki woman western husband.
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Sunni Terrorist Fragments of Unstable Pakistan - 12 Dec 2014

Post by Peregrine »

Pakistan makes arrests in Peshawar school carnage
ISLAMABAD: Authorities made several arrests in the case of the Taliban school attack that killed 148 in the northwestern city of Peshawar, on Sunday, officials said.
Cheers Image
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Look at the photos on this article. Pakistan is united against terror indeed!

http://www.dawn.com/news/1152270
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Yusuf ‏@YusufDFI 2h2 hours ago

Apt RT @TarekFatah: Pak lawyer who embraced & kissed an Islamist assassin, has been appointed as judge at High Court.
Baikul
BRFite

Post by Baikul »

^^^ I don't know how else so say it so here goes: Is this nation of certified panchos also all fugging crazy? :rotfl:
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Fellows seemed to have good intel
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-12-1 ... chool.html
The Pakistani Taliban said it targeted the sons of army officers with a hit list in the massacre of children at a Peshawar school as security officials said one of the deadliest terrorist strikes in the nation’s history was coordinated by militants based in Afghanistan.

“More than 50 sons of important army officers were killed after being identified,” the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan, or TTP, said in an e-mailed statement yesterday. “The auditorium where students of secondary and higher secondary sections were being taught first aid was targeted.”
They did go straight to the auditorium. How did they know where to go? How did they know that a first aid class was being taught there and all the students would have gathered there? Add this to the info that the army abduls who were teaching first aid class there miraculously "escaped" the carnage while the nanha abduls were all killed. Probably some TFTAs chose to go the purer green way.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

pankajs wrote:

Apt RT @TarekFatah: Pak lawyer who embraced & kissed an Islamist assassin, has been appointed as judge at High Court.
Man, this is better than Kanadian Vijja! #KissOfLove
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Post by Peregrine »

pankajs wrote:

RajeshA wrote:Man, this is better than Kanadian Vijja! #KissOfLove
RajeshA Ji :

No Sir Ji. It is the Bowsy Wowsy, Willie woofter, Banker Tanker Kiss.

Cheers Image
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Moongfalli, Chole & paki Lolle; Jo Bole Ohhii Darwaza Khole
Not on their watch
One thing stood out though: there was no discussion of Punjab. It was not even mentioned. It was all TTP, Fata, KP, Karachi, Islamabad, bad militants, Afghan Taliban, Haqqanis even. But no Punjab.Perhaps propriety dictated that, given the host that afternoon is the king of Punjab. But the topic was terrorism and how to make Pakistan safe and the host had urged a frank discussion. So, at the end, after everyone had spoken and no one had mentioned Punjab, I asked the prime minister about his province.What’s the point in talking about militancy if the debate is limited to the fires that are already raging; what about Punjab, where everyone knows there’s a militancy presence bigger than Fata and KP combined and where the PML-N is known to be in bed with at least some militants?
That was the only time in those several hours that Nawaz became animated. He quickly and flatly denied any links between his party and Punjab-based militants and denied that Punjab has an outsize militancy problem. He didn’t need to.The few ministers in attendance leapt to their boss and their province’s defence. Not true. No terrorism in Punjab. No such thing. No understanding with any militant groups. It’s all a lie. Everyone else at that table knew they were lying, possibly to themselves, certainly to us.Another anecdote. From the Kayani era, an anecdote relevant still because it extends to the decisive, dashing Raheel era. The anecdote was narrated second-hand.Gen K had invited a small group of civilian security experts for a chat. They were there to talk about the counter-insurgency in Fata and the spillover into the cities. At some point, one of the participants asked the general about Punjab.Nothing you do in Fata or KP will matter as long as Punjab remains untouched, as long as Hafiz Saeed and his ilk are allowed to run around. The two zones are connected, you can’t fix one problem without addressing the other; why aren’t you dealing with Punjab, Gen K was asked.As he was inclined to do when asked a difficult question, Gen K puffed on his cigarette, said nothing for a while and then quietly turned to address someone else. After the meeting though, Gen K pulled aside his guest who had asked about Punjab.I was not avoiding your question, he said, I didn’t want to answer it in front of everyone else. Then, in typical Kayani style, he responded with a question of his own: do you want me to break the army, to fracture it by opening another front? I won’t allow that on my watch.Not on my watch. There it was, an honest answer, given in private, the same answer that Nawaz would probably give in a private, honest moment. Not on my watch.But things, awful, terrible things, do happen on their watch. We lived through one this week. Why, people ask, is that never enough to spur the political and military leadership into saying, enough. Never again. Not on my or anyone else’s watch.Because bad things happening does not mean worse cannot happen. What the people don’t know, the political and military leadership does: better — politically and militarily better — to deal with the bad than to have to deal with the worse.Most here have forgotten why Musharraf delayed action against Lal Masjid for six months in 2007 and what happened after the raid. Which is also why most here cannot understand why that odious man, Abdul Aziz, is allowed to mock the nation’s pain and threaten peaceful citizens gathered outside his mosque.
“If I am arrested the administration will not be able to control the protest rallies all over Pakistan. And if they kill me then there would be so many suicide attacks that it would surpass the reaction that followed the death of my brother, Abdul Rashid Ghazi,” that odious man, Abdul Aziz, threatened on Friday from inside his mosque.Aziz was being honest. The political and military leadership knows tha
t. That political and military leadership saw what happened after July 2007, when a wave of suicide bombings and fidayeen attacks that convulsed the country were traced back to anger over the Lal Masjid raid.The political and military leadership knows it can happen again. The political and military leadership knows it can’t stop it from happening again. The political and military leadership does not want it to happen again, at least not on their watch.etter then to keep Aziz onside, especially since he is willing to remain on the right side. Like so many in Punjab.So it’s fear then? Weak leadership and a broken state? Not entirely.Because you always have to wonder, of the men deployed to track Abdul Aziz’s ugly threats, how many are there to keep an eye on Aziz and how many to stand in prayer behind him?
Rajagopal
BRFite

Post by Rajagopal »

Gerard wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ah7oj5CmPo
1) Watching this interview was like wrapping a soiled Bata slipper in a velvet cashmere shawl and slapping Pakistanis on their faces repeatedly. :mrgreen:
Christina shreds Pakistanis H&D into fine chicken keema. Terms like “Wajib-ul-qatl”, “good and bad Taliban”, are clearly explained for the benefit of ill-informed western audience.

2) She really understands the conniving, crafty, deceitful, devious and cunning ways of the Pakistani. It is as if she has done extensive research on a Paki brain in a laboratory. :D

2) Of course, many of our BR stalwarts can elucidate similar views like Christina. Unfortunately, the western media does not have time or patience to hear the same truth from a short, dark, rice eating hindoo. It will come across as a hindoo propaganda.

Hence, it is extremely important for individuals like Christina to speak up so that western audiences can grasp at least 10% of the problem.

RESPECT for Fair didi :!:
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Unfortunately, the western media does not have time or patience to hear the same truth from a short, dark, rice eating hindoo. It will come across as a hindoo propaganda.

India needs to learn to present propaganda appropriately to the audience. Audiences like to be respected or even pampered.

Mastery of propaganda involves much more than just the message. Perhaps the majority is indeed the medium. Its mastery employs:

grooming-keep the coconut hair oil to an absolute minimum
couture-at least have the darzi trim the baggy safari suits
height-spend an hour on the rack each day
complexion-most definitely fair and lovely
accent and elocution-listen to any 500 speeches of Indian parliamentarians and avoid like the plague
a certain affability-avoid Brahmins trying to avoid westerners' shadows
comfortable with white folks-avoid natives of the inner line permit Nicobar Islands and their cultural relatives.
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

I suspect BR reading might be a past time for Didi. Any serious Bakistan watcher would end up here. I ended up on this site (IIRC) as a lurker after I was trying to understand the why and how of 26/11.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Path to course correction
Path To Jannah Is Clear in Paki Pea Brain
Those who persecute Ahmedis, hound them and kill them because of their faith are also the same people. Sectarian differences may separate Mullah Fazlullah and Mumtaz Qadri but make no mistake, both are terrorists and any attempts to distinguish between the two, as is the pattern of Barelvi religious leaders, is also a fraud being played on us. In this, the leaders of the Barelvi sect are no less guilty than Maulvi Abdul Aziz of Lal Masjid. Nor can we have two different standards for innocents in Peshawar and innocents in Mumbai. This should not be our narrative. We should never have produced Kasab and his kind. Kasab was just a boy though; his strings were held by others, others like Zakiur Rahman Lakhvi who are hardly concerned with emotional connections or indeed humanity. Meanwhile, Hafiz Saeed blamed India for Peshawar, he had to. It is a matter of bread and butter. Forget that Umar Khorasani had already jumped in to take the credit for it and has in fact misappropriated a hadith for this purpose. We all know what part of our society is incapable of calling a spade a spade. Tragically, you still find former generals and retired military officials defending Hafiz Saeed as a patriotic Pakistani citizen. Hafiz Saeed, Pakistan’s own Bhindrawala, has only served to weaken the Kashmir cause and bring down Pakistan’s prestige. He has discredited the freedom fighters in Kashmir as extremist terrorists. The legitimate Kashmiri case has been undermined not as much by India as it has been undermined by ‘patriots’ like Hafiz Saeed. Pakistanis should reject such patriots. Our military needs to make a clean break with these fogies.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

150 Million convicts to be hanged in coming weeks: Nisar
http://tribune.com.pk/story/810519/500- ... eks-nisar/
MALSIAMABAD: Around 500 prisoners convicted on terrorism-related charges will be executed in the next two to three weeks, Interior Minister Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said on Sunday while sharing with the media details of a national action plan against terror.“The interior ministry has cleared these prisoners for execution and their mercy petitions have already been rejected by the president,” Nisar told a news conference in Islamabad.Nisar warned that the decision to execute convicted terrorists could have severe repercussions as suggested by intelligence reports. “But we should not let our guard down if we want to avenge the victims of the Peshawar attack… we are in a state of war,” he said. “We will win this war.”About the national action plan against terrorism, the minister said the civilian and military leadership would sit together on Tuesday to discuss the strategy being prepared by counter-terrorism experts and the National Action Plan Committee (NAPC) before giving a final nod for action to the armed forces.“The experts’ group will most probably give its recommendations to the NAPC on Monday [today],” he said. “The panel will then discuss the plan in the evening [on Monday].”
According to the minister, the experts received a briefing at the military headquarters and would continue their marathon meeting throughout Sunday night.
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

pankajs wrote:

:rotfl:
Paul
BRF Oldie

Post by Paul »

Vikram Sood thinks Sharif returned empty handed from Kabul as the Kabul govt negated joint ops in Af-Pak. Will be interesting to see how Sethi spins this.
Kashi
BRF Oldie

Post by Kashi »

With Pakis predictably blaming us for all their ills, I half- nay fully expected the Pakis (and their proxies) to claim that the successful launch of GSLV MKIII was rubbing salt into their wound (cue all about big/small hearts...) post Peshawar.
Sridhar
BRFite

Post by Sridhar »

I guess I was a little outdated in my opinion of Ms Fair. I went through her Twitter feeds. Her thappads are well aimed sand quite enjoyable, I must say.