India-Russia: News & Analysis

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Re: India-Russia: News & Analysis

Post by Austin »

The Mig-29 CAG report is pretty old when things were bad.

I am looking for MOD/CAG report on Mig-29/29K and M2K servicibility report even 1 or 2 year old report should be fine but only MOD report and not some reporter quoting unnamed sources.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Pretty old ... it was very relevant as recent as and when BRD guys were displaying each and every thing they make to overcome the Russian BS. Has BRD stopped making Russian spares? Theres the answer.

So when the Indian guys speak of the Arjun smacking T-90 its not sufficient. Till the evidence became overwhelming then sudden silence.

How reporters become sources for how Rafale is nuke deterrent and what not.

Now suddenly reporters are not sufficient, and CAG report only for past 2 years will do. No matter what Rubbish Russia pulls on us, some excuse will be made.
Last edited by Karan M on 27 Jan 2016 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

kuldipchager wrote:Nice, only that we end up being ripped off with Russian spares and servicing too...
At the end of the day the only folks you can rely on, are Indian

We are building Various Mig planes since 1963 as I do remember. It is our responsibility to master our skill to manufacturer the spare parts.
Why we blame others. Ministers do not make commission in making parts at home so they likes to buy the parts from out side
Yes sure, its our responsibility to make parts without permission and then be blamed for voiding the warranty.
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

The Russians not only charge an arm and a leg for spares they also refuse to honor the transfer of technology agreement with respect to T90 Gun barrels, shells, rockets and so forth.The special prices for India is just used as hook-in and then the forced GUBO starts on keeping the wares serviced and in operational condition.
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

Vipul wrote:The Russians not only charge an arm and a leg for spares they also refuse to honor the transfer of technology agreement with respect to T90 Gun barrels, shells, rockets and so forth.The special prices for India is just used as hook-in and then the forced GUBO starts on keeping the wares serviced and in operational condition.
But it's a "time tested relationship" no? :) We worry (and rightly so) about US sanctions but the Russian embrace is even more predictable: no spares. Even tires have to be imported.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Karan M wrote:Now suddenly reporters are not sufficient, and CAG report only for past 2 years will do. No matter what Rubbish Russia pulls on us, some excuse will be made.
I am looking at CAG or MOD report on 29/29K and M2K availability if you have any recent one let me know , I dont believe every thing that comes in Media reporters say a lot of things on Rafale too and MOD/CAG is most authentic source of info

IF MOD can openly state the Servicibility of Su-30 or other issue it can ofcourse also put similar number on M2k or 29
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Austin wrote:I am looking at CAG or MOD report on 29/29K and M2K availability if you have any recent one let me know , I dont believe every thing that comes in Media reporters say a lot of things on Rafale too and MOD/CAG is most authentic source of info
IF MOD can openly state the Servicibility of Su-30 or other issue it can ofcourse also put similar number on M2k or 29
The Su-30 is almost all our frontline fleet now.. its numbers are out because the situation was critical.
Mig-29 serviceability was lower than the serviceability numbers posted for the F-16s by Brar, but not too low that;s all I'll say even if the info was noted publicly..I'd be surprised (happily) if it gets to the higher levels - its an old airframe and the upgrade only does so much.. the impact of the Russian spares center in India is yet to be felt for the Navy.
K's as of a few months back - teething issues galore.
Mirage 2000 - all depends on whether new Govt signed a long pending spares agreement deal with Dassault.
Note scumbags in UPA gave 1000s of Crores less than IAF requirement for non salary Revenue budget.. that would have an impact on overall serviceability and spares.. IAF would christmas tree airframes and use max for fuel for flight hours. Now, things are turning around but we'll see a difference (IMO) by 2017.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Karan M wrote:The Su-30 is almost all our frontline fleet now.. its numbers are out because the situation was critical.
Mig-29 serviceability was lower than the serviceability numbers posted for the F-16s by Brar, but not too low that;s all I'll say even if the info was noted publicly..I'd be surprised (happily) if it gets to the higher levels - its an old airframe and the upgrade only does so much.. the impact of the Russian spares center in India is yet to be felt for the Navy.
K's as of a few months back - teething issues galore.
Mirage 2000 - all depends on whether new Govt signed a long pending spares agreement deal with Dassault.
Note scumbags in UPA gave 1000s of Crores less than IAF requirement for non salary Revenue budget.. that would have an impact on overall serviceability and spares.. IAF would christmas tree airframes and use max for fuel for flight hours. Now, things are turning around but we'll see a difference (IMO) by 2017.

You mean F-16 servicibility and other aircraft of USAF operating in Gelf ? That would be high because they wont have to go through bureaucratic process for approval or funding issue , Even Russian aircraft operation in Syria has high serviceability for the same reason.

I am surpriseed that MOD is happy to release information on our newest fighter but some how neither CAG or MOD ever released servivibility report of 21 , 29 , 2000 or Jags that forms the core of IAF fleet , Neither do we hear MOD or CAG talking about 29K or SHAR uptimes.

This is something I found on Jags from Janes , It says uptimes average out to be 61 % this is for fighter we are lic building since 80's and perhaps 100 % now built from Indian sourced material
http://www.janes.com/article/52299/indi ... ing-flight

The IAF has had serviceability problems with its fleet of 123 licence-built Jaguars, including 28 trainers. According to an internal assessment availability averages around 61%.

Five Jaguars were among the 83 accidents the IAF recorded between May 2007 and January 2015.
Another recent Janes report http://www.janes360.com/images/assets/3 ... lities.pdf
An internal IAF assessment conducted in 2014 and
passed to
IHS Jane's
revealed that the operational availability
of the force's combat, transport, and
helicopter fleets had averaged about 60% over the preceding three years.
Of these fleets, the fighters had the lowest overall operational availability rate of 55%. The helicopter fleet
achieved 62%, while trainer and
transport aircraft had a rate of 65%. The IAF assessment largely blamed its
assets' low operational availability on Ministry of Defence (MoD) delays and poor maintenance and
platform support by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL).
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The IAF assessment largely blamed its
assets' low operational availability on Ministry of Defence (MoD) delays and poor maintenance and
That is the root cause of low avialability of aircraft and helos. Blaming OEMs all the time while ignoring our own defective defence establishment and DPSUs is a shameful practice that needs to be ended.One is happy that the current dispensation is cracking the whip wherever possible and results are beginning to show.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Austin wrote:You mean F-16 servicibility and other aircraft of USAF operating in Gelf ? That would be high because they wont have to go through bureaucratic process for approval or funding issue , Even Russian aircraft operation in Syria has high serviceability for the same reason.
They aren't that high...we are speaking of 70% mission rates.. they'd have to go through all the USAF issues..so no special rules.
I am surpriseed that MOD is happy to release information on our newest fighter but some how neither CAG or MOD ever released servivibility report of 21 , 29 , 2000 or Jags that forms the core of IAF fleet , Neither do we hear MOD or CAG talking about 29K or SHAR uptimes.
Su-30 issue came out because parliamentary panels asked about it (thankfully) because issue was of crisis proportions and IAF was using it to push for Rafale..
This is something I found on Jags from Janes , It says uptimes average out to be 61 % this is for fighter we are lic building since 80's and perhaps 100 % now built from Indian sourced material http://www.janes.com/article/52299/indi ... ing-flight The IAF has had serviceability problems with its fleet of 123 licence-built Jaguars, including 28 trainers. According to an internal assessment availability averages around 61%.
Five Jaguars were among the 83 accidents the IAF recorded between May 2007 and January 2015.
Its not 100% - more around ~8%+ - a lot of small components are still being indigenized...the TOT was only for some parts of engine, most of airframe but many aggregates and avionics were imported.

(2006-07)
Jaguar % indigenization, airframe - 88.4%
Adour engine%: 84.2%

The 60% serviceability is not surprising given the issues w/Revenue Budget as I mentioned.. and also the age of some of the original DARIN1 avionics and systems - they'll be the ones with lowest serviceability...
But a 70% + level is definitely possible with the Jag.
Its biggest issue from the design issue were its low powered engines.. the airframe/design is robust.. (obsolete avionics on older Jags apart - but again slated for upgrade).
Another recent Janes report http://www.janes360.com/images/assets/3 ... lities.pdf
An internal IAF assessment conducted in 2014 and
passed to
IHS Jane's
revealed that the operational availability
of the force's combat, transport, and
helicopter fleets had averaged about 60% over the preceding three years.
Of these fleets, the fighters had the lowest overall operational availability rate of 55%. The helicopter fleet
achieved 62%, while trainer and
transport aircraft had a rate of 65%. The IAF assessment largely blamed its
[/quote]

The Janes data is as usual somewhat economical with the truth and I didn't even bother clicking on it surmising its that moron Bedi...
The actual data was presented to Parliament - we have bits and pieces from the Parliamentary reports. The actual report notes Su-30 issues (Russian TOT delays), lack of MOD support for finance (revenue budget issues), usual finger pointing at HAL. HAL struck back by pointing out IAFs low spares orders (which again goes back to MOD support for revenue budget), sharing the details on Russian delays with CAG and also an analysis on HAL supplied a/c vs IAF a/c sourced from abroad (uptime for both was similar and in fact with an edge for HAL in some areas). HAL is now asking IAF to support PBL if it wants high uptimes...
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

BTW as to how and why indigenization takes so much effort
http://www.hal-india.com/FY%202014-15%20HAL/ND__116

The CAPEX target of Rs. 900 crores has been achieved and we are happy that on the indigenization front over 2000 items were produced resulting in saving to the tune of Rs. 100 crores,” said Mr. T. Suvarna Raju, CMD, HAL.

Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

I have my suspicion that term "Raw Material", "Airframe" and "Overall indigenisation" is much abused term by HAL.

What does Raw Material mean? Ingots or forgings, or semi finished forging or sub-components?

What does Airframe mean? Does in include avionics or hydraulics or actuators or landing gear or ejection seat or electrical etc?

What does overall indigenisation mean? Does it include profit margin, assembly margin, testing, transportation, insurance, guarantee costs, manuals, initial servicing etc in indigenisation?
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

^^ You can look up all those terms and come to your conclusions. I have. It requires patient digging through reports. We've been over this before and the data is there.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Karan M wrote:Its not 100% - more around ~8%+ - a lot of small components are still being indigenized...the TOT was only for some parts of engine, most of airframe but many aggregates and avionics were imported.

(2006-07)
Jaguar % indigenization, airframe - 88.4%
Adour engine%: 84.2%

The 60% serviceability is not surprising given the issues w/Revenue Budget as I mentioned.
. and also the age of some of the original DARIN1 avionics and systems - they'll be the ones with lowest serviceability...
But a 70% + level is definitely possible with the Jag.
Its biggest issue from the design issue were its low powered engines.. the airframe/design is robust.. (obsolete avionics on older Jags apart - but again slated for upgrade).
The Jags are fine even the engine is good the problem is only seen when it operates in hot temperature of Rajasthan during peak summer where its engine experiences derating of 20-25 % or so. Most aircraft does but jags does the most hence need for flat rated engine

It most likely the engine is not good enough to power the latest electronic/SPJ/EW suite that is planned hence need for high thrust engine. I am not sure of the Honeywell project is going any where so far.

As far as revenue budget goes with the latest purchase and most are imported stuff be it Rafale , Refuellers , New AWACS and many other in pipeline down the line IAF will have less money to buy and lesser to maintain.

Seems little effort from them to streamline or standardise the aircraft weapons which impacts MRO ,Maintenance ,spares etc In 80's they operate 13 types of aircraft in 2020 they will operate 8-9 types thats the saving grace.
The Janes data is as usual somewhat economical with the truth and I didn't even bother clicking on it surmising its that moron Bedi...
The actual data was presented to Parliament - we have bits and pieces from the Parliamentary reports. The actual report notes Su-30 issues (Russian TOT delays), lack of MOD support for finance (revenue budget issues), usual finger pointing at HAL
That is the reason I dont believe in MSM India reports on defence unless its backed by CAG or MOD reports or Interview from HAL/IAF which generally Mag like Force and other does , Every MSM reporter in India can easily get away quoting unnamed sources and even if you later find out its untrue they have nothing to regret.

Hence hardtime believing M2K has any where of 80-85 % servivibility , They probably best case have around ~ 70 % that too because they are hardwired for Nuclear Delivery Role hence best care is provided to it amongst any other types operating in IAF ......So called our Delicate Darling :)
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Putin awards Indian director NPP "Kudankulam" Order of Friendship

http://in.rbth.com/news/2016/01/29/puti ... hip_563555
Russian President Vladimir Putin has awarded the Order of Friendship to the "Kudankulam" Nuclear Power Plant Site Director Ramayahi Shanmugam Sundar.

According to the text of the decree published on the government's official website on Friday, R S Sundar was awarded "for major contribution to the implementation of the NPP "Kudankulam" project".

The Kudankulam NPP is being built with Russian technical assistance under the inter-governmental agreement signed in 1988. In 2014, Russia and India signed a general framework agreement for construction of the second stage, including the third and fourth blocks.

The Order of Friendship was established in 1994 to reward foreign citizens for special merit in promoting peace, friendship, cooperation and understanding between nations.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

The New Indian Ambassador To Russia: “I Am Very Happy To Be In Russia On The Republic Day"

The Republic Day of India was celebrated on a frosty, snowy day in Moscow. In the morning, Indians and their Russian friends attended a flag-hoisting ceremony at the Indian embassy in the Russian capital.

Petals of red roses decorated the pedestal sculpture of Mahatma Gandhi made by a Russian sculptor and presented to the Indian side. The flag was raised by the new Ambassador of India in Russia — Pankaj Saran.

The Ambassador warmly welcomed the Indian community in Moscow, and the Russian guests. He read out the message of Pranab Mukherjee, President of India to the nation on the occasion of the Republic Day.

Songs were performed and poems recited at the D.P. Dhar Hall of the Embassy of India. Performance of the Indian Embassy schoolchildren was inspiring and enthusiastically presented.

Kashmir Singh, President of “Hindustani Samaj” told “Sputnik” correspondent Natalia Benyukh that he has been celebrating the Republic Day in Moscow since the 1980’s, when he was still a student at the present Russian People's Friendship University. In addition, our Russian friends and colleagues always accompany us to this festival — he said with satisfaction.

Rameshwar Singh, head of the Indo-Russian society “Disha” said that this year, the Republic Day of India is being celebrated in St. Petersburg and Tver, Kazan and many other Russian cities, at educational institutions, in which Indian students are enrolled. This has become a tradition — he stressed.

The Indian business community, after the recent visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to Moscow, hopes to revitalize and expand ties with Russia. — This is the opinion of a yet another participant of the celebrations, G. S. Vijayakumar, Director General of “Varthamana International Traders”. This company, a supplier of ophthalmic equipment to Russia, plans to significantly increase its supplies in 2016.

The new Ambassador of India in Russia is optimistic about the prospects of deepening of Indo-Russian ties. 32 years ago, at the beginning of his diplomatic career, Pankaj Saran worked at the Embassy of India in Moscow. Now he is back in Russia — this time as the ambassador.

I am delighted to be back in Moscow in Russia, — the ambassador said in an interview with “Sputnik”. — Russia is a great country and one of the most important major powers of the world. To serve as the Indian Ambassador in Russia is a very great privilege. I am excited. I believe that this relationship between India and Russia is one of the most important relationships of the world. We have to build it further and strengthen it and deepen it. It gives me a very good feeling to see here so many Indians, so many children participating enthusiastically in our National Day. Obviously, the number of Indians living in Russia is growing. And they are happy, prosperous, they are doing well. This is a very good way to develop further bonds between India and Russia. I am very happy to be here on the Republic Day.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Photos of Novosibirsk. Winter 2016

http://sdelanounas.ru/blogs/73672/
Gyan
BRFite

Post by Gyan »

Jaguars do not have Radars and very basic avionics, inspite thereof the availability is roughly equivalent to Su-30MKI which is way more complicated and sophisticated aircraft.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

NRao wrote:
Unit 1 of the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project was shut once again following a problem in the turbine on Thursday night. It was on January 30 that the unit resumed power generation after being shut for seven months. It will take at least three more days before the reactor restarts, site director S Sundar told TOI.

"A minor steam leak in the feed water system in the turbine building is being attended to. The unit had to be shut at 10.35pm on Thursday and parts of the turbine have been taken out for service," Sundar said. "The unit reached 750MW on Thursday and we were hoping to reach the full capacity when we found the problem in the turbine building. The leak was founded in the 14 milli metre impulse line," he said.

If power from unit 1 is consistently available, the state power utility Tangedco can stop private power purchase or stop some of its own thermal units, said Tangedco officials. "While power from unit 1 costs Rs 4.01 per unit, tariff for private power purchase is around Rs 5.50 per unit. But, due to the infirmity of unit 1 of the KNPP reactor, there is uncertainty," said a Tangedco official on the condition of anonymity. "Power from unit 1 has become so infirm that we consider it on a par with renewable energy like wind," the official said.

Though commissioned in December 2014, unit 1 has worked only for four months in all. Hence, its capacity utilisation is the lowest among all reactors. Until January, it was only 22%.

"A leak in the steam pipeline cannot be the exact reason for shutting a nuclear reactor. It is not radioactive and a leak in the 14mm impulse line is not so dangerous to shut a reactor. There is definitely some other problem to the unit 1," said former Atomic Energy Regulatory Board chief A Gopalakrishnan. There is no transparency and officials should come out with the proper truth for shutting the reactor, he said.

People's Movement Against Nuclear Energy (PMNAE) chief S P Udayakumar alleged that the plant did not work continuously even after it re-started on January 30. "The Nuclear Power Corporation is not coming out with the truth on the problems in the unit. Each time it is shut we hear about various problems. Neither officials nor political party leaders are asking questions about the problems," Udayakumar told TOI.

Here we go again. The Kundankulam Nuclear Power Plant after a 7 month shutdown yet again grinds to halt within a week of re-start.

Looks like Russia has saddled us with a problem child for which we have been made to pay through the nose while enduring long delays.

An earlier article dating back to 2014 from Page 86 of this thread.
arun wrote:Going by the frequent outages at the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant, looks like the Russians have sold us a lemon.
Power outages at Kudankulam nuclear plant dangerous: Study

Laxmi Ajai Prasanna, TNN | Oct 29, 2014, 12.25AM IST

THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: According to a study based on analysis of grid data, there have been 21 power outages at Kudankulam Nuclear Power Plant (KKNPP) from Oct 22, 2013, to Oct 22, 2014. Of these 21 outages, 14 are "scrams'' or trips caused by faulty equipment or poor oversight, or both, and, according to experts, can be potentially catastrophic.

The first part of the study published in academia.edu, an online research community, points out that the maximum permitted trip rate -- calculated per 7,000 reactor hours -- is 0.37 for reactors across the world. Alarmingly, in Kudankulam (in its 4,701 hours of operation), the trip rate is projected at 20.8 per 7,000 reactor hours. In the US, a plant with 25 scrams during a 7,000-hour period is issued a "red" citation and will be forced to shut down.

The study was conducted by a team of researchers led by Cochin University of Science and Technology (CUSAT) scientist M J Joseph, Society of Science Environment and Ethics (SoSEE) chairman V T Padmanabhan and Dr R Ramesh, a medical practitioner, who has authored books on the geology of Kudankulam and is a member of Doctors for Safer Environment.

The main reason for the 'scrams' is old equipment, including reactor pressure vessels, turbines and polar cranes at KKNP, all imported from post-Chernobyl Soviet Union.

"Trip rate for KKNPP is 20.8 per 7,000 reactor hours, which is too high and can trigger an explosion leading to a nuclear disaster. It is due to the use of old equipment imported after Chernobyl nuclear disaster when the erstwhile Soviet Union cancelled the VVER-1000 reactors, a Russian version of the Pressurized Water Reactor," Prof Joseph said.

CUSAT scientist Prof M Sabir said, "If substandard materials are used in a nuclear reactor and if quality checks are not maintained, obviously chances of a disaster are high". He said that an earlier study conducted by scientists from CUSAT, Bremen University, Sussex University and based on official documents from Atomic Energy Regulatory Board, Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd and their Russian counterparts had concluded that major equipment at KKNPP like the reactor pressure vessel and polar crane are outdated.

"Though China discarded such equipment after initial imports, India continued importing such equipment for KKNPP," Prof Joseph said.

Incidentally, a turbine generator system imported from Russian firm Silmash was involved in eight of the 14 trips reported at KKNPP. Three other trips and the pipe burst accident on May 14 this year (officially known as "warm water incident") were related to the feed water system. Both the feed water system and the turbine are located in the same auxiliary building.

According to the scientists, what could hamper remedial measures is the secretive manner in which relevant information is treated. At KKNPP, all documents related to functioning of the nuclear reactor are property of the Russian firm Atomstroy, which exports all nuclear power machinery.

Officials of the Department of Atomic Energy and AERB were unavailable for comment.
Weblink:

TOI
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

Washington's Loss, Moscow's Gain? Russia 'Cozying Up' With Pakistan
http://sputniknews.com/asia/20160126/10 ... z3zPfw2mtp
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

It seems the Saker has got smitten by Vedanta :D :D
http://thesaker.is/a-beautiful-hindu-ch ... h-century/
Excerpt (original page is a must read) :
For years now, I have been fascinated with by one school of Hindu philosophy called Vedanta. That school has two main sub-branches, a non-dualistic or “Advaita” one and one dualistic “Dvaita” one. Being an Orthodox Christians, my own beliefs are much closer to the latter, but I find the former no less fascinating. The following chant, the Prayerful glorification of the Spiritual Teacher or Guru Stotram, has been written by Adi Shankara, an Indian philosopher in the late 700s, who is considered as one of the key figures in the development of Advaita Vedanta. This chant is excerpted from the Guru-Gita and consists of a conversation between the Lord Shiva and his consort Goddess Parvati.

I would ask you not to get stuck on the specifics of this text, which is a modern translation of the original Sanskrit, and not to over-intellecutalize it. I would ask to to listen to the chant with your heart and try to feel the “spirit”, the phronema, which it radiates. As for the stillness and peace this chant radiates, it reminds of of Orthodox monastic services.

[Theological sidebar: It is my highly subjective opinion that Hinduism and, especially Vedanta, is the highest form of spirituality mankind has achieved without the benefit of revelation (rishis are not, imho, comparable to the Prophets of Israel) and, even more so, without the awareness of the Incarnation. Since Christianity is based on the revelation of the prophets and the Incarnation of Christ, there are many irreconcilable dogmatic differences between the two religions. But in terms of ethos, of mindset, of the central role of asceticism, devotion, prayer and mystical mediation, I find Orthodoxy much closer to the religions of India than to the western forms of Christianity. Texts very similar to the Guru Stotram can be found in the canons of Menaion or Oktoechos of the Orthodox Church as well as in many Akathistos. The big difference is, of course, that Orthodox devotions and meditations are entirely Christ-centric and that not being non-dualistic like Advaita Vedanta, Orthodoxy would never impart divine-like characteristics to any human being, teacher or cleric.]
Regards,
Virendra
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Feb 11, 2016 :: India in talks for 2nd nuke sub lease: Russian envoy
In a bid to bolster its Defence and strategic reserves, India is in talks with Russia for buying various military products. Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin told The Pioneer that the two sides are actively negotiating on the purchase of S-400 Russian air defence missiles for protection of Indian cities from any possible attacks from outside. Besides, India is negotiating for taking on lease another nuclear submarine from Russia. India is also looking at buying some more MiG 29K fighters for INS Vikramaditya, India’s largest Naval ship and aircraft carrier, bought from Russia, the envoy said.

Speaking on the eve of Russia’s Diplomats’ Day, Kadakin said India-Russia defence relationship has been on a constant rise over the years. The ambassador added that India-Russia relationship is independent of their relations with other countries, and it remains on a stable and strong footing. “We do not feel jealous when India acquires military hardware from other countries for its strategic needs. India is a superpower in the making and we have worked always with India in military, industry and scientific areas to see it as strong as it is today,” Kadakin said.

“Please name a country that can lease a nuclear submarine,” he added to underline Russia’s partnership with India. India is one of the six countries in the world apart from Russia, the United States of America, China, the United Kingdom and France to deploy nuclear-powered submarines.

This is the first time there has been an official confirmation about lease of second nuke submarine even though speculation is rife about India seeking another one from Russia after the success of INS Chakra, the Akula Class submarine that has been on lease from Russia for ten years. “The hull of the submarine is ready but it has to be refurbished as per Indian needs after the talks are concluded,” Kadakin said on the second nuclear submarine.

INS Chakra was inducted into Indian Navy about four years back. Satisfied with its performance, India is now looking at adding more to its fleet. Already India-made nuke-powered sub INS Arihant is undergoing sea trials. INS Arihant is made with technical support from Russia and India plans to make more such in future.

Kadakin said an agreement is also being worked out for making spare parts of Sukhoi aircraft in India. Besides, Russia will soon open at least four service centres in India for the Su-30 MKI jets to help resolve the maintenance issues of the plane. As of now Hindustan Aeronautic Limited (HAL) runs the only overhauling facility for the Sukhois in India. India has about 200 Su-30 MKI jets. Kadakin said an agreement for service centre is being finalised and will be announced soon.

Interestingly, India’s shopping list has a lot of Make in India component in it. “Our Defence relationship is completely in tune with Make in India Sukhoi spare parts will be made in India. Besides, India and Russia have already concluded a deal for Kamov Ka-226 helicopters. Russia will help India produce 200 of these machines through HAL,” Kadakin said.

Apart from strengthening India’s military capacity, Kadakin said Russia is also working its way with Pakistan to prevent cross border terror attacks on India. “We have tried to influence Pakistan to check trans-border terrorism and have spent a lot of energy in directing its efforts in the right direction. We want Pakistan to play much more proactive role in fighting terrorism,” Kadakin said.

Allaying Indian concerns on Russia selling four Mi-35 attack helicopters to Pakistan, Kadakin said Russia will not do even “one milimetre of action” that is detrimental to its “old and strategic partnership” with India. “There should be no worries for India. India has received 151 of Mi-17 helicopters and will be producing several more,” the envoy said.
Viv S
BRF Oldie

Post by Viv S »

Pakistan loathe to antagonize Russia by upgrading ties with a severely cash strapped Ukraine.

Anyone else having a weird feeling of reverse deja vu?

Ukrainian Defense Cooperation Push With Pakistan Unrealistic
By Usman Ansari, Defense News

ISLAMABAD — Ukraine's efforts to increase its defense relationship with Pakistan are unlikely to succeed due to the turmoil in that country and Pakistan's growing relationship with Ukraine's nemesis Russia, according to analysts.

The push by Ukraine was reported by The Associated Press of Pakistan (APP), which claimed Ukrainian Ambassador Volodymyr Lakomov had said Ukraine was "ready to cooperate with Pakistan in the defense sector with supply and joint production" of cargo aircraft, and "Pakistan could be a regional partner for ... renovation/modification process to production."

The report also specifically mentioned the Antonov An-225 Dream/Cossack, but analysts have dismissed any Pakistani involvement with this huge six-engine transport as simply unfeasible.

There was a time when Ukraine's defense industry was of critical importance to Pakistan supplying T-80UD main battle tanks (MBT), as well as engines and subsystems for the locally built Al-Khalid and Al-Zarrar MBTs (in addition to the design for the latter, which is an upgrade of the Chinese Type-59).

This later involved the supply of four Ilyushin Il-78 Midas multirole tanker-transport aircraft.

Ukrainian defense companies are also regular exhibitors at Pakistan's biennial IDEAS series of defense exhibitions, where they constantly hope to build on previous success.

However, analysts, such as analyst, author and former Australian defense attache to Islamabad Brian Cloughley, say Ukraine's defense industry star is quickly fading in Pakistan due to domestic turmoil and Pakistan's warming relationship with Russia.

"Ukraine is grasping at straws all round the world. It is in a state of almost terminal decline, with rampant corruption and ineffective leadership. Internal administration is catastrophically inept and the economy is in tatters," Cloughley said. "It does make good military equipment and aircraft, but one wonders how long it can keep doing so.

"The Kiev government is trying to discourage other countries from buying Russian — and, indeed, having anything to do with Russia, with the strong support of the US and some NATO nations — and the Lakomov approach is probably symptomatic of this campaign."

Russia is of increasing importance to Pakistan. It supplies the Klimov RD-93 that powers the JF-17 Thunder fighter. A number of Mi-35M Hind helicopter gunships are on order and negotiations were reported for the Su-35 Flanker.

Analyst, author and former Pakistani Air Force pilot Kaiser Tufail said anything that could upset this is to be avoided.

"I think at this stage, when relations with Russia are on the mend, we must not take any hasty steps and upset the cart, so to speak," he said.

He is dismissive of any further cooperation with Ukraine, at least in respect to the aviation industry.

"Ukraine's aviation industry is in doldrums in a cash-strapped country. I do not think they have much to offer," he said. "As for transport aircraft, we have no need, as the fleet of C-130s and CASA CN-235 are doing a fine job. The existing Il-78 aerial tankers purchased from Ukraine have only found some use in hauling oversized cargo, and have been a disappointment as far as its noisy and gas-guzzling engines go. With that legacy, the PAF would be wary to look at their aircraft, even the newer models."

Tufail believes Russia is therefore a much safer bet, but he offered a note of caution: "Russia has much more to offer, though in the prevailing situation in Syria, taking sides would not be prudent for Pakistan, if it is choosing between Russia or Ukraine."
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Choosing between Ukraine and Russia. What a difficult decision indeed! Pak on the horns of a dilemna.
Good news about Akula no 2,etc.4 service centres for MKIs great.Plus S-400s.Deals must be wrapped up early.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

India in talks for 2nd nuke sub lease: Russian envoy

http://www.dailypioneer.com/todays-news ... envoy.html
In a bid to bolster its Defence and strategic reserves, India is in talks with Russia for buying various military products. Russian Ambassador to India Alexander M Kadakin told The Pioneer that the two sides are actively negotiating on the purchase of S-400 Russian air defence missiles for protection of Indian cities from any possible attacks from outside. Besides, India is negotiating for taking on lease another nuclear submarine from Russia. India is also looking at buying some more MiG 29K fighters for INS Vikramaditya, India’s largest Naval ship and aircraft carrier, bought from Russia, the envoy said.

Speaking on the eve of Russia’s Diplomats’ Day, Kadakin said India-Russia defence relationship has been on a constant rise over the years. The ambassador added that India-Russia relationship is independent of their relations with other countries, and it remains on a stable and strong footing. “We do not feel jealous when India acquires military hardware from other countries for its strategic needs. India is a superpower in the making and we have worked always with India in military, industry and scientific areas to see it as strong as it is today,” Kadakin said.

“Please name a country that can lease a nuclear submarine,” he added to underline Russia’s partnership with India. India is one of the six countries in the world apart from Russia, the United States of America, China, the United Kingdom and France to deploy nuclear-powered submarines.

This is the first time there has been an official confirmation about lease of second nuke submarine even though speculation is rife about India seeking another one from Russia after the success of INS Chakra, the Akula Class submarine that has been on lease from Russia for ten years. “The hull of the submarine is ready but it has to be refurbished as per Indian needs after the talks are concluded,” Kadakin said on the second nuclear submarine.

INS Chakra was inducted into Indian Navy about four years back. Satisfied with its performance, India is now looking at adding more to its fleet. Already India-made nuke-powered sub INS Arihant is undergoing sea trials. INS Arihant is made with technical support from Russia and India plans to make more such in future.

Kadakin said an agreement is also being worked out for making spare parts of Sukhoi aircraft in India. Besides, Russia will soon open at least four service centres in India for the Su-30 MKI jets to help resolve the maintenance issues of the plane. As of now Hindustan Aeronautic Limited (HAL) runs the only overhauling facility for the Sukhois in India. India has about 200 Su-30 MKI jets. Kadakin said an agreement for service centre is being finalised and will be announced soon.

Interestingly, India’s shopping list has a lot of Make in India component in it. “Our Defence relationship is completely in tune with Make in India Sukhoi spare parts will be made in India. Besides, India and Russia have already concluded a deal for Kamov Ka-226 helicopters. Russia will help India produce 200 of these machines through HAL,” Kadakin said.

Apart from strengthening India’s military capacity, Kadakin said Russia is also working its way with Pakistan to prevent cross border terror attacks on India. “We have tried to influence Pakistan to check trans-border terrorism and have spent a lot of energy in directing its efforts in the right direction. We want Pakistan to play much more proactive role in fighting terrorism,” Kadakin said.

Allaying Indian concerns on Russia selling four Mi-35 attack helicopters to Pakistan, Kadakin said Russia will not do even “one milimetre of action” that is detrimental to its “old and strategic partnership” with India. “There should be no worries for India. India has received 151 of Mi-17 helicopters and will be producing several more,” the envoy said.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russian, Indian scientists for Antarctica expedition

http://in.rbth.com/economics/cooperatio ... ion_567723
Scientists from Russia and India will be part of the next meteorite expedition to Antarctica, Victor Grokhovsky, Professor of the Ural Federal University and member of the meteorites committee of Russian Academy of Sciences, told a TASS correspondent.

"Experts from India have already agreed to participate in the next meteorite expedition to Antarctica. They will also be able to provide snowmobiles to get around the ice cap. Overall, the Indian School of Cosmo-chemistry is fairly well developed, so the joint expedition promises to be fruitful," an agency representative said.

Grokhovsky said experts from Finland may join the next Antarctic expedition. "They are interested in joint research. A possibility of us cooperating with other countries is being discussed. The provisional start date of a future expedition will be the end of 2017," he said.

The first Russian Antarctic meteorite expedition was held between December 20th 2015 and 10th January, 2016. A part of the 61st Russian Antarctic Expedition, the scientific project was the first time in modern Russia history that a search was held to look for meteorite material on the southernmost continent. The expedition’s budget was estimated at between 8 and 12 million rubles, most of which was provided by the Ural Federal University for research and development.

Work on finding meteorites was held in the Queen Maud Land area, located 100 kms from the Russian Novolazarevskaya station. Scientists were able to collect more than 300 rock samples for further investigations, two of which have already been classified as meteorites. They were assigned the names LOM 15001 and LOM 15002. Their study will allow scientists to gain new information about the origins of the universe and the future of the planet.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Combined with the other news about FGFA negotiations/progress,perhaps a package deal is being worked out for the second N-sub,FGFA,extra 20Ks,S-400s,etc. Mode of payment by cash and "kind" could be on the cards too,reverting back to the "Rupee-Rouble" days. Let's wait and see how events pan out. With the US supplying Pak with more F-16s despite Indian open displeasure,it's time to send the House of White a strong signal.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Indian ambassador: we are determined to develop the closest relations with Russia

http://ria.ru/interview/20160224/1379594871.html

The new Indian ambassador in Moscow Pankaj Saran said in an interview with RIA Novosti on the prospects of cooperation between Russia and India in the energy and intent to New Delhi to sign an association agreement with the Eurasian Union

India is set to develop a very close relationship with Russia, in the current conditions of the country simply can not afford to ignore each other, according to the new Ambassador of India in Moscow Pankaj Saran. In his first interview to Russian media, he told the special correspondent of RIA Novosti Pauline Chernitsov whether New Delhi to expand exports of agricultural products to Russia, what are the prospects of cooperation between the two countries in the energy sector, but also said that New Delhi is set to sign an association agreement with the Eurasian Union.

- Mr. Saran, this is your first interview after his appointment as ambassador to Russia. How do you assess the prospects of tenure? And in general, you see the prospects of development of bilateral relations, especially in view of the results of the last summit, held in December?

- Relations between Russia and India - are special, unique and multi-vector - the test of time. They cover almost all areas, and New Delhi is set to develop relations with its strategic partner. We have already managed to do many things: the last Russian-Indian summit, when in December 2015 met our leaders Narendra Modi and Vladimir Putin, has been extremely successful and culminated in a number of agreements signed.

Just a couple of days will be a month of my stay in Russia, in Moscow. I began my career in Moscow in 1984. Then it was the Soviet Union, of course, it was a completely different country, a different time. And, in general, throughout the world, the situation was completely different. And now, having returned here after 32 years old, I want to say that for me it is an honor and a privilege. And I can see that much has changed in Russia, it is for the economy, culture and influence in the world - around the same time, Russia has increased significantly. Russia is our strategic privileged partner, and I am very happy that now I am an ambassador in such an important country for us. While serving as the Ambassador of India, I will strive to develop these relationships and ensure implementation of decisions.

As you know, we in India are now the new government, this government sold themselves to maintain the close, the best relations with Russia. For me personally is a huge inspiration to be here as an ambassador and to do everything possible to promote these relations further. We know that there is great potential and opportunities for further rapprochement between India and Russia, and I think that there should be a greater role in the younger generation.

In cooperation between our countries, we will first try to bring people together. Russia has a very rich history, culture and civilization. The same can be said about India. In Russia, it was very much written about India, it has inspired Russian intellectuals. And that is why we must continue to work done. And in any case, neither India nor Russia should not neglect each other, they can not afford it.

But the most important thing in this relationship - to create and increase contacts between people.

- Do you see the prospects for the growth of trade with the Russian Federation in the coming year? Due to some sectors can be achieved a breakthrough?

- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and President Vladimir Putin set a goal to increase bilateral trade to $ 30 billion by 2025. Both sides intend to expand bilateral economic and trade cooperation, and we are working to achieve this goal. We will do everything possible for that. We have identified seven priority areas, such as pharmaceuticals, jewelry, technical equipment and machinery, oil and gas, textiles and garments, agricultural sphere - all of them are potential sectors for cooperation to help achieve the stated goals.

- Are there any current negotiations to increase the export of Indian meat and dairy products in Russia?

- India has already started to export bufflo meat in Russia, where the product has been well received. With regard to the expansion of supply, we are the largest exporter and, of course, everything depends on the demand in Russia. I am sure that if there is demand, our exporters will be happy to increase their supply. If need be, we are ready to export more.

Also, we are now in the process of negotiations to obtain the necessary permits to begin exports of dairy products

- At what stage are the negotiations to expand the settlements in national currencies between Russia and India? As in India evaluated the proposal of the Russian Federation on mutual national currencies within the BRICS group? Will this measure is to reduce the risk associated with dollar payments?

- The organization of settlements using national currencies of the BRICS looks promising. And now the Russian and Indian companies have shown some interest in the implementation of trade transactions using national currencies. There is already a mechanism that both parties are free to use. In addition to this we have set up a joint working group to develop a road map to ensure interstate settlements in the Russian-Indian trade.

The two parties shall consult with representatives of business and industry in order to reach a broad consensus on this issue.

- Presidency of the BRICS in 2016 goes from Russia to India, which plans to develop the priorities of New Delhi as part of its presidency and how they will contribute to the development of bilateral relations?

- India is looking forward to working as chairman of the BRICS. We highly appreciate the results of the Russian presidency in BRICS. And now conducting consultations with the Russian side in order to keep the continuity and not to lose the pace of work, and to find new areas of cooperation.

We have already announced the theme of the Indian presidency - find responsible general and collective decisions. We see an important association BRICS countries, whose influence is important for the whole world. In this respect, in a large number of multilateral initiatives were carried out during the Russian presidency.

This year is the second time we will host the BRICS summit, the last time it was in 2012. But since then, the BRICS organization became stronger and, of course, increased the level of interaction.

BRICS member countries are among the largest economies in the world: if we combine the economy of Brazil, Russia, China, India and South Africa, we will get a large percentage of the global economy. From this point of view we are going to approach the challenges of our presidency of the BRICS: how the organization can contribute to the overall global economy.

We also understand that within the organization there are other areas of cooperation. This includes the challenges facing the organization, such as terrorism, security.

- Will there be somehow reflected in the agenda of the Summit and the Presidency theme of joint efforts in countering terrorism?

- You know, I would like today to share two points, two aspects. The first aspect - the presidency of India in BRICS is an extended process. Another aspect - the summit itself, where will meet the heads of our states. We are ready to take into account in the preparation and various foundations of our cooperation: economics, finance, terrorism.

Of course, the issues of terrorism and the fight against terrorism will be given some attention, we will concentrate on this.

With regard to the summit, then, of course, when our leaders meet, they discuss all the most important moments of what is happening in the world. And this will apply not only to the BRICS, but in general the whole situation in the world. Of course, it is very difficult to assume what will be the world situation at that time. But the fact that this issue will be discussed, no doubt.

I am sure that one of the major emphases, which will focus on during the summit of BRICS, will counter international terrorism. Terrorism - is a serious problem, and the BRICS countries have the ability and capacity to counter terrorism, there is a possibility to maintain peace and stability in the world. So I think that when our leaders meet, you will be sure to take this opportunity to discuss this issue.

- Does the question now being worked Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov to India in preparation for the summit of the BRICS?

- Of course, we plan to organize a series of ministerial visits and meetings. And in preparation for him, we will consult with Russia. I'm sure when we will schedule a meeting of foreign ministers of the BRICS, be sure to send an invitation to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Russia Mr. Sergey Lavrov.

The exact dates yet, because we are still working on the schedule of events of his presidency. But I can say that we will stick to the traditions of the BRICS and we will take advice BRICS partners at different levels. This may be the level of deputy ministers, ministerial level.

As for the dates, as I said, they we have not yet determined. Now we are no longer working on the logistical details of meetings at different levels. And, of course, on the logistics of the summit.

- How are the negotiations on the free trade zone of India and the Eurasian Economic Union? Can we expect that this year will be an agreement on comprehensive economic cooperation in the format of India - the Eurasian Economic Union?

- To study the prospects of establishing a free trade area a joint working group was established between India and the Eurasian Union. Research is being conducted, and we look forward to their early conclusion. After we examine the report will begin substantive consultations on the FTA - a comprehensive agreement on economic cooperation. India would like to achieve association with the Eurasian Union.

Now it is very difficult to identify any time frame, because at the moment held technical talks. But it is very important to understand that at the political level, the parties agreed to facilitate association of India with the Eurasian Union. This was agreed during the summit of the heads of the leaders of our states.

We are negotiating with Russia, as well as with other countries (member of the Eurasian Union - ed.). India is ready to sign an agreement on free trade zone. But, of course, when this kind of agreements are signed, it is necessary to take into account the fact that it is mutually beneficial for both parties, and take into account the wishes and requirements of both parties.

- Earlier, the Russian Foreign Ministry said that in the tripartite meeting of Foreign Ministers of the Russia-India-China may be held in April, if you have more specific information about the date?

- The sides still agree on a mutually acceptable date, but we are ready to organize this meeting as soon as possible. Now we are in contact on this issue with Russia, because it will all be held in Moscow. I think we shall sound the date only after consultations end. But once again I want to say that yes, we are ready for this meeting.

With regard to the agenda of the meeting, it will be determined after mutual consultation. We try to do everything so that this meeting took place is so significant and productive as possible. When Russia, India and China work together, this contributes to world stability and economic development at both the regional and global level.

- At what stage is the study of the Russian leader's visit to New Delhi?

- The leaders of Russia and India, there every year, and sometimes more often - on the basis of the intensity and high level of our bilateral relations. Cycle of preparatory meetings which are usually held a few months before this summit, has already begun.

- Previously reported intention of India to enter into a new contract for the supply of Mi-17V-5 and purchase another 48 such helicopters. Go there already negotiations? When can we expect the signing of the contract?

- Moscow has already made deliveries of Mi-17V-5 helicopters under the previous contract (151 machine). Who started the procedure of approval of the new party supply of these helicopters, and upon completion we expect to sign a contract.

At present it is difficult to say when the next batch will be delivered: we expect this, and experts are working on the issue. But it is difficult to identify any specific time frame.

- That is a purely technical consultations and the parties do not have any significant differences?

- Yes, in general, I do not see any major problems (with a new contract - Ed.).

- Do begun negotiations for the purchase of India's air defense systems S-400 "Triumph"? When do you expect to sign a contract?

- Our military-technical cooperation with Russia has a long history and covers various sectors. Now Moscow and New Delhi are discussing several options of weapons systems, and the sides are working on the completion of the talks fruitful.

- Are Indian Airlines is considering buying Sukhoi Superjet (SSJ100) aircraft? If so, about how many can there be?

- Indian companies held a series of talks on the issue with the Russian side. India is one of the fastest growing markets of civil aviation in the world, so we have a serious need in this area, and Russia has the necessary experience. In any case, the negotiations will be conducted on a commercial basis, and I hope for their specific outcomes.

Sukhoi is in talks with two private Indian companies, and this is purely a commercial matter between the supplier, which is Sukhoi, and two private companies. So we just have to wait, when a decision is made.

Based on this, I can say that the Indian government is not involved in these negotiations. In any case, I would be happy if the two sides can reach an agreement. But since this offer, there is the private companies take into account the factors that are important to them, and on the basis of the concluded agreements. Now negotiations are still underway. I just want to say is that this is a good Sukhoi Superjet plane, it has proven itself in the international market.

- When the expected closing of the transaction for the purchase of a stake in India's ONGC "Vankorneft" in New Delhi? Could this happen in the course of the meeting of the Russian-Indian intergovernmental commission, as previously reported by some media outlets?

- Oil and gas sector is one of the priorities in the framework of cooperation between Russia and India. Now we are discussing the many opportunities for interaction on extraction and processing, transportation and sale of hydrocarbons, as well as supply of equipment and technologies for their exploration.

In the course of the last Russian-Indian summit in December 2015, the parties agreed on the acquisition of the Indian company ONGS Videsh Limited 15 per cent stake in the company "Vankorneft".

With regard to the inter-governmental commission, as you know, we have two of them - military and economic, the issue is related to the economic. Negotiations are underway with the company "Rosneft" and Indian enterprises. These negotiations are going well and I am confident that the prospects for concluding a good agreement.

However, there is also a complex internal issues that need to be addressed. All I can say is that we are optimistic about the conclusion of this agreement, and hope that it will happen this year. But when and how - it will be decided two sides.

- If we talk separately about the timing of the intergovernmental commissions, when will the military and when - economic?

- The current annual summit will be held in India, and as usual, according to tradition, it goes at the end of the year. With regard to the date, we have not decided yet, because we have literally just finished the previous summit - a very successful and one of the most fruitful. But before spending the next summit, we need to hold preparatory meetings. Usually these meetings are held in the months before the summit, and it gives an opportunity for ministers to properly prepare and provide the necessary information to heads of our states.

As I said before, the date of the summit, we have not yet determined, but we know that, to the summit was a success, it is necessary to prepare well.

Now we have to schedule such meetings to begin the process as early as possible. We will try to build a schedule so that both sides had enough time to prepare well.

- Earlier, media reported that Indian Oil Corp and Oil India are in talks with "Rosneft" to buy nearly 30 percent stake in the field TAAs-Yuryakh in Eastern Siberia. Can the Indian side to confirm this? At what stage are the negotiations?

- We consider several options transactions. However, it should wait for the official announcement in advance not to give publicity details of the negotiations.

- When may the signing of a general agreement between Rosatom and the Indian side about the construction of new nuclear power plants in India blocks?

- Russia and India have approved the construction of a road map for the next 20 years, 12 nuclear reactors. We have already put into operation the first unit of NPP "Kudankulam", and is expected to the second unit will also soon be launched. The General Framework Agreement for the construction of the third and fourth block is already decorated. We are currently negotiating for the development of the General Framework Agreement for the fifth and sixth unit (NPP "Kudankulam") and we want to complete the process as soon as possible. During the last annual summit in December 2015, India's Ministry of Energy and Rosatom approved the road map for the localization of production in India is designed in Russian reactors. We believe this is another positive step in the development of our cooperation in the nuclear sphere and politics with a "to do in India."

- Mr. Ambassador, I have to ask you about an event that is widely expected to happen later this year. We are talking about the end of India's accession to the SCO. Do you expect that at the summit in Uzbekistan point will be delivered?

- The decision to launch the process of adoption in India was taken at the summit of the organization in Ufa in 2015 as a full member of the SCO. We hope for a speedy completion of this process and the entry of India into the SCO is already at the upcoming summit.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Russia warms up to Indian cheese imports

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/eco ... 305341.ece

Russia woos Indian tourists to St Petersburg, Crimea

http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 131_1.html
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

fun and games with Putin......

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mikha ... on-n536456
MAR 11 2016, 5:48 AM ET
Mikhail Lesin, Ex-Putin Aide, Died of Blunt Force Trauma in Washington: Autopsy
the whole lot of them are a bunch of thugs........
Manish_P
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_P »

Probably.. but they have a long way to go to reach the level and class of the Wolf and the Duck
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Interview with Vyacheslav Trubnikov, member of the directorate of the Primakov Institute of World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Sciences

“The Risks of Reducing Cooperation with India Can be Minimized if Russia Works Towards Improving its Competitiveness”
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

A_Gupta wrote:http://turcopolier.typepad.com/sic_semp ... .html#more

Russia prepares for a big war.
Thanks. Fascinating and a refreshing look at connecting the dots.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Field Marshal Bernard Law Montgomery,1st Viscount of Alamein? Yo,who he (says a president yanqui)?
As Field Marshal Montgomery, who had more experience of big war than anyone in the Pentagon or White House today, said: “Rule 1, on page 1 of the book of war, is: ‘Do not march on Moscow’."

This is what the light-hearted decision to expand NATO, "colour revolutions", regime changes, cookies on the Maidan and incessant anti-Russian propaganda has brought us to.

And it won't be a war that NATO will win.
:rotfl:
Bhurishrava
BRFite

Post by Bhurishrava »

TSJones wrote:fun and games with Putin......

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/mikha ... on-n536456
MAR 11 2016, 5:48 AM ET
Mikhail Lesin, Ex-Putin Aide, Died of Blunt Force Trauma in Washington: Autopsy
Better national thugs than international morons. George Bush 2 types. Elected of course.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

https://twitter.com/wikileaks
WikiLeaks ‏@wikileaks 13m13 minutes ago

US govt funded #PanamaPapers attack story on Putin via USAID. Some good journalists but no model for integrity.

The US OCCRP can do good work, but for the US govt to directly fund the #PanamaPapers attack on Putin seriously undermines its integrity.

WikiLeaks ‏@wikileaks 14h14 hours ago

#PanamaPapers Putin attack was produced by OCCRP which targets Russia & former USSR and was funded by USAID & Soros.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Putin and Indian prime minister discuss preparation for contacts at top level
Russian Politics & Diplomacy
June 11, 19:17 UTC+3
"The leaders confirmed determination to further deepen all-round bilateral relations, which can be considered to be specially privileged strategic partnership," the Kremlin said

MOSCOW, June 11 /TASS/. Russian President Vladimir Putin and Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi have discussed cooperation between the two countries, including contacts at the highest level, the Kremlin press service reported.

"They discussed practical issues of cooperation between the two countries, including the preparation for contacts at the highest level to be held soon," the Kremlin press service said.

"The leaders confirmed determination to further deepen all-round bilateral relations, which can be considered to be specially privileged strategic partnership. Narendra Modi conveyed his kindest greetings and wishes on the occasion of Day of Russia holiday," the Kremlin said.

The conversation took place at the Indian side’s request.

More:
http://tass.ru/en/politics/881552
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Austin wrote:Putin and Indian prime minister discuss preparation for contacts at top level
Russian Politics & Diplomacy
Narendra Modi conveyed his kindest greetings and wishes on the occasion of Day of Russia holiday," the Kremlin said.

The conversation took place at the Indian side’s request.
More:
http://tass.ru/en/politics/881552
:rotfl:

NaMo is like a husband caught between the fight of Nanad (Husband's sister) Bhaujaayee (Brother's wife) a customary call had to be made after visiting US to Russia telling it won't effect our relations.
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Following video is part of the opening from St. Petersburgh International Economic Forum (SPIEF). After listening to the introductory speech you can pretty much connect all the dots below...

Ukraine War
Crimea
Euro/US Sanctions on Russia
Desires to maintain sanctions
Europeans (some) wanting drop sanctions
Syrian migration crisis
Euro currency
Brexit
New found love in India

All are connected.

St. Petersburg International Economic Forum