India-China News and Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Patni
BRFite

Re: India-China News and Discussions

Post by Patni »

Excuse me but didnt you started on BRF by posting tons of pictures from travel blogs of Chinese travelers to India and a thread called India in the eye of Chinese? why do you have to go back to doing same in each thread on china? I sure dont see any fruitful outcome in a debate if you revert back to start of your programming algorithm every time you hit a glitch?
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

a chinese Grade C city in 2002 was still more modern and cleaner than Mumbai today.

This is a valid point.

It has a deep sociological explanation to do with caste.

But then it may be that when you do not recognise your citizens' rights, you can impose infrastructure and cleanliness; just like you can farm peasants and turn them into swimming medalists.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/The+great ... 0178348149
Is Chinese repression as bad as that? Yes, but without video footage, the atrocities are lost in the written word of those who write about the evil deeds. Only a handful of journalists are willing to speak out without hesitation, such as Guy Sorman, a French economist, who has visited China regularly since 1967.

From extensive travel and interviewing many Chinese, Sorman described a nation whose success is largely "a mirage," in which one billion people "remain among the poorest and most exploited people in the world." He makes "no claim to know China fully," but wanted to "record the words and impressions of some exceptional Chinese men and women, who mostly suffer in silence, raising when they can the demand for a free nation--a 'normal' nation."
The Chinese government concedes some 60,000 revolts occurring per year, whereas Sorman claims the number could be as high as 150,000. If Sorman is correct, China squashes some 411 uprisings per day. By comparison, with the U.S. population being what it is, this would be 100 revolts per day in the United States.[/b]

"Peasant revolts in the Chinese countryside" are a particularly "worrisome" "sign of the desire for freedom," Sorman notes. With some 123 million Internet users, out of which there are 30 million bloggers, such worries could compound greatly if the Chinese could communicate more frequently with people in other nations. But those who seek to create associations to bring about change through dissent are relentlessly pursued by the Party and decreed "unauthorized," and routinely watch their expressions on the Internet get screened and deleted by the government.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Excuse me but didnt you started on BRF by posting tons of pictures from travel blogs of Chinese travelers to India and a thread called India in the eye of Chinese? why do you have to go back to doing same in each thread on china? I sure dont see any fruitful outcome in a debate if you revert back to start of your programming algorithm every time you hit a glitch?
I observed that. She's like programmed to ultimately bring the talk to photographs. Nice ones on China and the same stereotyped ones on India.

Liu: I noticed the travelogue on the so called poorest region in China had plenty great nice individual houses..and India's same Taj Mahal, Pink City and areas of old cities..etc. I notice this amongst a lot of bag packers he stay in some filth area in Dayaganj or old Delhi and claim the've seen India. But then India does'nt drive people out from it's stations or isse visas from Eastern UP to Punjab or Gujarat for that matter like China..indeed travelogues like the one Liu posted say a lot on one hand and don't also on another.

I've travelled a lot in China including last decade when they used to assign a guard to me whenever i used to visit..but things have changed since. Yet if you go a little of the established tracks even in places like Dalian, one gets shanty type small hovels for houses..Chinese for one are too interested in creating an impression. Enlightenment what hit the Europe civilization earlier and what India posseses intrinsicall, has not dawned yet on the Chinese masses..shiny glass towers notwithstanding. Long way to go..IMHO.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Bhailog This {personal abuse deleted} has derailed our debate on Tibet. Let us get back to Tibet and give {personal abuse deleted} some hard real facts.
Last edited by enqyoob on 15 Aug 2009 22:56, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: personal abuse against postor. Warning issued
xie
BRFite -Trainee

Post by xie »

harbans wrote:
You're behaving like a noveau rich..look i got this toy and now i am better than him, her and those there. :mrgreen: But hey, have you been to Dharavi slums in Mumbai? Everyone has a TV, ACs, refrigerators, mobiles..and thats a slum.
Can you provide a link to some online pictures of this Dharavi slum? By the way, is this the same one as depicted in the movie Slumdog Millionaire?

Alright, I've found some videos.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcE92B__vBY
Where are the TVs, ACs, refrigerators, and mobiles? I don't see any of them! I see only crooked brats!

or this one from the movie
Chinese Gourmet Cuisine

I don't mind your looking down many Chinese's materialism, but do you, in your honest mind, believe that these slumdogs live a more happy life than the crooked Chinese?
Last edited by xie on 16 Aug 2009 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
AmitNangia
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AmitNangia »

The Indian news media, especially the Hindi news channels, have over the last few weeks, been featuring sensational stories on the Chinese threat. This is indeed a welcome development as it is these channels that reach a mass audience and the awareness amongst the Indian masses is a must. The first couple of times I came across these items, I thought they were just an exception, but lately, hardly a day goes by when some channel or the other does not carry a story on the dragon's evil designs. And they don't mince words. Like I said, they make the stories as sensational as possible, using strong words :D

As discussed in previous posts, I'm not sure if this is part of a larger government strategy, or if the media is simply latching on to a new story to garner more eyeballs. Either way, it's a positive development.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Can you provide a link to some online pictures of this Dharavi slum? By the way, is this the same one as depicted in the movie Slumdog Millionaire?
Oh, no! The places shown in the movie Slumdog Millionaire are the fashionable Little China Mall and the Shanghai Cooperative Development for the Proletariat. :mrgreen:

Here is another picture of Happy Chinese Citizen Being Rewarded For His Love of Democracy By Friendly Communist Party Members

Wow! I didn't know there wasso much information about Chinese Peoples' Living Conditions! So Happy!
Thanks, Liu, for directing me to these things! You are so honest and helpful to let me find out about these things about China! 8)
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://img16.tianya.cn/photo/2009/3/28/ ... 697171.jpg
Lot of photos of Punjab and Punjabis.

These people want to understand Punjabis and Rajputs. LOL!

Looks like a spy living inside India
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Liu, thanks again! Here is another photo of the Eternal Peace awarded to Tibetans by Chinese Military
satya
BRFite

Post by satya »

The Straits Times (Singapore) July 25, 2009 Saturday Peh Shing Huei

China's corporate world ruled by princes;
About 90 per cent of China's billionaires are the children of high-ranking officials

BEIJING: It has been days since news first broke of a graft probe in Namibia into a firm formerly run by the son of Chinese President Hu http://w3.nexis.com:80/new/images/IconInfo.gifNews, Most Recent 60 Days

Jintao. Yet, in China, hardly anyone knows of the case. Nuctech - which makes security scanners and was headed by the 38-year-old Mr Hu Haifeng until last year - is being investigated over a lucrative contract it had won to deliver equipment to Namibia. It is not known if the case, which happened last year, took place while Hu junior was still in charge. There has been nothing to suggest that he is involved in any way in the probe, but Namibia's Anti-Corruption Commission has requested an interview with him and senior Nuctech management.

In China, discussions about the business dealings of the 'princelings' or taizidang - offspring of political leaders - are considered taboo. People might whisper about them over dinner tables, but will never discuss them in public. Some princelings, such as Vice-President Xi Jinping, become public figures after being drawn into politics, but their counterparts in the corporate world shy away from the limelight. Nevertheless, they are a force to be reckoned with. A 2006 study by several Chinese research institutions showed that almost 90 per cent of the country's top leaders in sectors encompassing finance, foreign trade, property development, construction and stock trading were princelings.

And about 90 per cent of China's billionaires are the children of high-ranking officials. Princelings have fared far better in business than in politics, observed analyst Zhang Hua, who commented on the phenomenon in Hong Kong's Apple Daily in 2007. 'Not a single (princeling) family has been left behind,' he said sardonically. The various families have carved out territories in various industries. The family of former premier Li Peng, for example, controls the country's energy sector. His daughter Li Xiaolin is chairman of China Power International Development, an electricity monopoly. His son Li Xiaopeng used to head Huaneng Power, another energy heavyweight.

The family of former Chinese president Jiang Zemin has moved into telecommunications, while the offspring of former premier Zhu Rongji are strong figures in banking. His son Levin Zhu is the chief executive of China International Capital Corp. The princelings began staking out their dominions in the business world in the 1980s when China was opening up its economy. Armed with their fathers' connections, they were able to exploit the opportunities thrown up by China's economic transformation.By the 1980s, this economic revolution had led to much public disquiet, and when students staged protests at Tiananmen Square in 1989, much of their anger was initially directed at what they saw as rampant corruption by senior officials and their families.

The bloody crackdown that followed left deep scars in the political psyches of most Chinese. For the princelings, Tiananmen provided further incentive to move away from politics into business. 'After 1989, princelings in politics suffered. They were very unpopular within the Chinese Communist Party,' explained analyst Bo Zhiyue, an expert on China's elite politics at the National University of Singapore's East Asian Institute. 'It was very hard for them to get into the Central Committee. They were not chosen at internal elections because of their family names, so many left politics and jumped into the corporate world.'

After Tiananmen, their business dealings became even more politically sensitive. A bad slip could see their fathers stepping on that proverbial banana skin and tumbling from power.

For President Hu President Hu -Search using:

http://w3.nexis.com:80/new/images/IconI ... iographies Plus News who has repeatedly pointed out that the battle against graft is 'a matter of life and death' - the timing of the Nuctech case could prove awkward. In just three months, on Oct 1, the nation will celebrate the 60th anniversary of the founding of Communist China - at which glorious occasion he is expected to be conferred the rare honour of a military review on Tiananmen Square.

Unsavoury rumours about the princelings' business activities do damage the image of the leaders concerned, said Hong Kong-based analyst Joseph Cheng. Still, he feels that any fallout from the Nuctech case will be extremely limited and that Mr Hu's political rivals are unlikely to use it against him because almost all the top leaders have family members with substantial stake in the corporate world.

shpeh@sph.com.sg

Princelings have fared far better in business than in politics, observed analyst Zhang Hua in Hong Kong's Apple Daily in 2007.

Five princes and their business ties

HU HAIFENG, 38 Son of Chinese President Hu President Hu -Search using: http://w3.nexis.com:80/new/images/IconI ... iographies Plus News http://w3.nexis.com:80/new/images/IconInfo.gifNews, Most Recent 60 Days

Jintao Chief of Tsinghua Holdings, the group which controls Nuctech and 30 other companies. Nuctech is one of the world's top providers of security scanning equipment, supplying to about 50 nations. It has 90 per cent of the Chinese market for scanners and X-ray systems.

WINSTON WEN YUNSONG, 35 Son of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao CEO of Beijing-based Unihub Global Networks, a telecoms services provider which he set up in 1999. The company mainly deals in setting up telecommunications facilities and networks for banks, stock agencies and insurance companies.

JIANG MIANHENG, 57 Son of former Chinese president Jiang Zemin Co-founded Shanghai-based Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation (SMIC), which became one of the leading semiconductor foundries in the world. Mr Jiang also sits on the board of many major Chinese companies, ranging from telecommunications and airport management to TV manufacture.

LI XIAOPENG, 50 Eldest son of former Chinese premier Li Peng The former general manager of energy giant Huaneng Power became vice-governor of Shanxi province last year. Huaneng develops, constructs, operates and manages large power plants throughout China.

LEVIN ZHU, 52 Son of former Chinese premier Zhu Rongji Chief executive of China International Capital Corp (CICC), a state-owned company which is one of China's largest in the field of investment banking and research. Headquartered in Beijing, CICC, among other things, offers advice to fund managers and corporate clients on corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions.
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

One website alone can put an end to Chinese propaganda

http://www.falunhr.org

I vote for this page becoming a permanent link from BR

Have a look at the index on this website:

Violations in China
  • Murder and Execution
    Torture
    Violence Leading to Disabilities
    Violence against Women
    Psychiatric Torture
    Enslavement
    Persecution of Families
    Violence against Persons with Disabilies
    Right to Education
    Violence against Foreign Citizens
What more does one need to say?

I have personally witnessed Falun Gong members peacefully protesting in Chinatown in Sydney, Australia.
csharma
BRFite

Post by csharma »

Something is going on along the India China border and tension is rising.

Border tensions rise between India and China over Himalayas

http://www.smh.com.au/world/border-tens ... -el7l.html
THERE are fears that a stand-off between India and China over a little-known region of the Himalayas could seriously damage ties between the Asian giants.

China lays claim to much of Arunachal Pradesh, a mountainous Indian province on the country's north-eastern extremity, and strategic experts in New Delhi warn that tensions in the remote border region are on the rise.

''Largely unknown to the rest of the world, India-China border tensions have escalated in recent months,'' says Brahma Chellaney, professor of strategic studies at Delhi's Centre for Policy Research. ''Things are getting really intense and from the Indian perspective outrageous.''
The good news is that :
Professor Chellaney says the border tensions are ominous. ''Any doubts that the Indian foreign policy establishment might have had about the threat posed by China have evaporated in recently months.''
Just as B Raman had mentioned these PLA types are trying to imtimidate the India political leadership so that they would stop boosting defences along Chinese border.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

The answer is Ombaba. India is being 'punished' for the rapprochment with the US. They would not have dared with the Bushman in office.
xie
BRFite -Trainee

Post by xie »

What is the democratic GoI doing? We stupid Chinese are unable to understand democracy or civilization. We don't even know what it's like to have brothers and sisters, we are all like rats.
Comrade Liu, you are making China look very bad. Are you Falun Gong? Please report to nearest Re-education center and bring ten rats as gift for the Comissar!  
Last edited by xie on 16 Aug 2009 07:29, edited 1 time in total.
xie
BRFite -Trainee

Post by xie »

Oh, my smelly balls! I don't believe there even exists such a thing in the great, civilized, China. It's so nice to be an idiot!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I suffer from hallucinations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by xie on 16 Aug 2009 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Not for the weak hearts. Lip synching looks like a walk in the garden path.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vx5afAtGAY
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

Just a little history about death by 1000 cuts. Have come a long way. Much water has flown in Yangtze basin.. but CCP still is rigidly in control of the past techniques.
http://technorati.com/videos/youtube.co ... 7iDZnkn1xo
xie
BRFite -Trainee

Post by xie »

To continue my hallucination that someone tampered my two crap posts:

If I were still a man, or a decent woman, I would understand why you did that. My behavior is outrageous, unethical, and just disgusting. I've been to many internet forums and involved in many sensitive topics and tried to disrupt them all, but this is the first time I see someone expose me as my own shit. What you have done is an absolute disgrace to my momma and a huge insult to my own stupidity. It has not only offended me but also made anybody on this forum who still believes in honesty and decency see that abusers of freedom and hospitality don't have a free run here :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( .

If you can not stand my words above, go ahead and :rotfl: :rotfl: on my account because this will be my last post here any way. I am running back under my momma's skirts. :(( :((
Alright, you won, happy?
Last edited by xie on 16 Aug 2009 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
Bade
BRF Oldie

Post by Bade »

I did not realize till now that border incursions is not limited to Arunachal alone, PRC censors have a long hand and reach and edit even the posts of their drones, when they exceed their briefs. :mrgreen: There is hope after all !
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

of course , without shiny expressways , convenient transportation is not possible. two sides are connected closely.
This is another myth which people have. Especially in Kerala you dont need to travel much for anything. But what you need is excellent connectivity so that traffic gets to the right destination instead of taking a big general route which again creates blocks.

Anyway back to topic
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

I don't mind your looking down many Chinese's materialism, but do you, in your honest mind, believe that these slumdogs live a more happy life than the crooked Chinese?
No i don't look down on Chinese materialism/ wealth at all. Even most posters and Indians here certainly don't. Fact is people are happy China is coming out of poverty and that Asia will once again regain it's place in the world. What worried India is the type of China that is coming up. If it is a bully type of nation that will repeat all the stupidity and shameful behaviour the Western nations indulged in the last 300 years or so, or will it be an enlighened nation with respect for other nations, cultures, freedom of thought, plurality. It is on the latter score that people are uncomfortable with China. I's behaviour and supression in Tibet and AP don't exactly send a good message through.

As for Dharavi and the slums of Mumbai, all you have to do is land Mmbai airport, there's a slum bang beside the runway itself. YOu'll see TV antennas all over the slum landscape. Dharavi is an economic hive. There is no denying the fact that the conditions in which the live are pathetic. Thats why i said in India you cannot stop economic migrants from rural areas, like in China. If we did that, we'd have sparkling clean cities.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Liu wrote:it is amusing that all neighbours of India seem to dislike India now while China is popular with most of its neighbours.
And here we Indians are, all tired and restless laughing our rear ends off as to how China has fought with most of its neighbours (Japan, Vietnam, SoKo, Russia/SU, India) and then this Chinese person comes along and makes this statement!! :lol:
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Liu wrote:it is amusing that all neighbours of India seem to dislike India now while China is popular with most of its neighbours.

These are the neighbors of India

Myanmar soldiers die for India and Indian soldiers
Nepal soldiers are inside the Indian army
Bhutanese soldiers get trained by Indian soldiers
Sri Lanka Army will rise a memorial for Indian army
Bangladesh soldiers got liberated by Indian soldier
Pakistan soldiers gets killed by Indian soldiers
Chinese soldiers are worried about Indian soldiers!
Manny
BRFite

Post by Manny »

Liu,

If the Chinese are all like what you make it out to be, how come the Japanese from a small Island messed y'all up so good in Nanking?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Dunno abt the standard trajectory of these indo-chini p1ssing contests but I can take a good guess as any, thank you.

Fact remains that the chinis have made impressive headway in tangible areas. Critics almost always resort to citing intangible/unobservable things to attack the stability/progress etc PRC has made. And thats always conjecture, by nature.

What hard facts exist now are in china's favor. There the discussion ends and the p1ssing begins.

What IMO India has going for it apart from intabgible advantages is that its aims are decisively modest. To hold its own in south Asia and IOR is a much more doable, legit and achievable aim than is teaching a large nuclear neighbor a humiliating lesson in a partial war and thereby establishing dominating writ over the entire Asian continent for the rest of the century.

In any case, in the hare versus tortoise analogy, the hare is way ahead of the tortoise and is showing no signs of sleeping. So what if its goalposts are much farther than the modest ones of the tortoise, there's no saying it still won't make it with its blitzkreig speed.

P.S.
How is it that we started economic reform 15 yrs after PRC but in size terms are today where PRC was in 2002? How did the gap narrow to 7 yrs when IIRC there's never been a yr when PRC GDP growth was below ours and they have alarger base to grow from? The math does not add up only.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Fact remains that the chinis have made impressive headway in tangible areas. Critics almost always resort to citing intangible/unobservable things to attack the stability/progress etc PRC has made. And thats always conjecture, by nature.

Hari ji, fair enough. But there no one is contesting Chinese gains and the FACT they are ahead of India. No one grudges it too. What people are justifiably peeved with is Chinese actions in Tibet, AP, Pakistan etc. China is following as Liu herself acknowledges 'Might is Right..Truth be damned' attitude. It's evident in it's policies and propaganda against India. So in that background it is only fair to counter it which is not a pissing contest one bit.

How is it that we started economic reform 15 yrs after PRC but in size terms are today where PRC was in 2002? How did the gap narrow to 7 yrs when IIRC there's never been a yr when PRC GDP growth was below ours and they have alarger base to grow from? The math does not add up only.

Surprised? But the fact is that it is correct. And India's accounting is much more conservative than the Chinese. Flip through the last 5 or 6 pages of the present Economy thread in the Tech forum. You'll get your answers.
Naveen
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Naveen »

^^^ That's because the Chinese changed the base year for the GDP calculation in 2003-04 and the numbers got a significant boost. This was discussed in the T&E forum in detail.

The Chinese did cross the trillion dollar mark in 1999-00 and 2 years of 10% growth would take them to around 1.2 trillion by 2002-03, same as what we are now.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Slightly OT, but I am trying to come up with the top 3 "lies" that I see Chinese posters coming up with often,

1. India's GDP is 1.1 trillion (Officially yes, but take into consideration the "unaccounted" sectors and you have a GDP close to 2 trillion in nominal terms). In other words, India's GDP is under-rated while China's is over-rated.
2. India's neighbors hate India and China is very popular. No explanation needed
3. Indians are jealous of China. Again no explanation needed, China has the "overnight rich syndrome", the same which afflicted the West some 4 centuries ago. You become rich overnight and tend to behave as if you always were. India has been the richest country in the world for much of the world's history, but we dont see taam-taam (my new word :mrgreen:, plz approve for addition in BR vocabulary) over it by Indians. Sigh.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Hari Seldon wrote:P.S.
That's not a realistic way to look at it, and I disagree with the suggestion that it 'doesn't add up'. Real GDP growth is not the sole variable here. The deflator in each case, the relative exchange rate dynamics vs USD, the data collection mechanism, the base year, all have a significant bearing upon the data you obtain.

Indian GDP remained stagnant in USD terms for better part of a decade because the INR-USD depreciation cancelled out a large part of the growth. Half a decade of stable, if not strengthening, exchange rate, was partly responsible for the significant boost in GDP, to the present ~$1.3 trillion.

Further, GDP growth is compounded, and size therefore follows a parabolic curve for a fixed growth rate.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Liu wrote:
it is amusing that all neighbours of India seem to dislike India now while China is popular with most of its neighbours.
And now many neighbours of China love China?

The opium war is over.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

And now many neighbours of China love China?

North Korea, Bakistan, The Red Rising Sun Ultra Maoist Prachanda led Group of Nepal?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

^^ Tks Suraj, Naveen , Harbans for the effort taken to explain. Clears up a lot.

-Hari
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

In a nutshell, No.

To expand, the PRC figures we are at our weakest in a while going forward. The current netaship and the nation can be browbeaten with shock and awe. A controlled partial war as that sweet position paper put it will benefit PRC greatly. Only imponderable likely is nuke use which presumably the chinese don't want at this stage. So, to have a controlled partial war that does not spill into any inadvertent nuclear exchange, the chinis have called for and installed a hotline with Dilli. Diplometese on the hotline while aggression and annexation continues apace on the ground. The current leadership in Dilli is as mellow as any to fall for it, they figure. Perhaps.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

http://news.rediff.com/slide-show/2009/ ... -spree.htm
India-bashing seems to be China's favourite pastime. Weeks after a website -- citing an opinion poll -- described India as its biggest enemy, a spate of editorials in Chinese dailies like Global Times and Peoples Daily accuse India of being insecure because of China's rising success story.

The Chinese believe, the papers say, that India is insecure about China and its achievements.

Is India being insecure about China? Or is it the figment of imagination or propaganda by the Chinese? Tell us?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Indian 'insecurity' has nothing to do with China's rise, and everything to do with
  • their policy of containment of India through attrition by Pakistan and nuclear proliferation to TSP,
  • 'string of pearls' strategy in IOR,
  • their huge outlays to defense
  • their Sinicization of Tibet
  • deployment of missiles in Tibet, a traditional buffer zone between India and China,
  • their provocative stand on Arunachal Pradesh, and
  • their military buildup across the border to Arunachal Pradesh
India welcomes Chinese prosperity and cultural revival but cannot condone Chinese aggressive policies.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

If there is a Chinese thrust in the NE, India should try to hold the line there, but attack all out in the POK area and cut off the PRC-TSP link, then take out the Chinese installations at the south of Myanmar and cut off all oil shipping to China until the PLA withdraws from both Arunachal and Greater Arunachal (aka Tibet). The war in POK will lead to Paki antics, which should then be used to wipe out Gwadar facilities. Also use the opportunity to knock out the Marxist regime in Nepal.

Thus the Chinese will end up with an unsustainable supply line to Arunachal, but with a terribly weakend strategic posture, with the TSP link gone, Gwadar gone and Nepal gone.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

the ideal counter attack area is supposed to be through sikkim.
Prasad
BRF Oldie

Post by Prasad »

As N garu says, such an incursion by the chinese should be used as a "motive" by us to get other things done that we wouldn't be able to do during peace time. Such as POK and Gwadar.

Shipping blockades in the IOR on the other hand may only be temporary as they will be removed once hostilities are ceased. I don't suppose they'll last till the two governments sit down and agree to what they'll accept and give. Too long a process that I think.

Not sure about Aksai Chin though. Any ideas as to how (un)favourable a counter-attack/second front opening there might be for India? Can we open up there without stretching ourselves too much?