Internal Security Watch

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Re: Internal Security Watch

Post by shyamd »

Apparently the Italians offered 500K USD for fisherman's family. Kerala govt filed FIR and took it to court.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

There are two issues:
- A crime has been committed- Killingof two fishermen- Criminal law issue
- The killing of fishermen deprived their family of earnings- Civil law issue

Compensation/blood money all that deals with the secondary issues.
Arav
BRFite

Post by Arav »

Self deleted...
JohnTitor
BRFite

Post by JohnTitor »

rgsrini wrote:Singha,
The president rejected the pardon of 2 other killers besides Rajiv's killers. They didn't touch the "family" as well. Also, Kasab will definitely hang.
rgsrini, curious but what do you base the above conclusion on? It seems like he will be in jail forever (as releasing him would cause an upheaval but executing him will mean surrendering to the "hindus") - this is a win-win for everyone, including Kasab who enjoys his biryani and z-level security.
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

The crime is too big and he was caught red handed in person. There is video evidence as well and the public has seen it. It is not a "conspiracy to kill" kind of stuff in his case. There is also no muslim vote bank opportunity in this case for congress, as IMs have clearly distanced themselves in this case. The usual Psec crowd is also not coming near him as they know it will rip their mask, or whatever is remaining, off their face. Pakistan has disowned him telling he is not even his citizen.

He is an orphan. He will hang. This is how I read it, even though I am no Oracle.
Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion based on what actually happens.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Dubbed terror mastermind without any proof

Nobody carried out the Delhi blasts in 1996-97, so the real masterminds have got away. But wait the most dangerous thing is thanks to INC and Media propaganda, here is the sentiment of a large section of Muslim population in India. comment from the link.
But how can he be innocent?? He is a Muslim isn't he? so he must be as terrorist as the thousands burned to death in Gujarat and Samjhota Express. Bad Muslims Terrorists Bad.
No terrorist attack in USA because they dont have indigenous terrorists groups unlike India with RSS terrorists with full impunity of law who need enemies from outside.
Andrew (India)
56 mins ago (09:43 AM)
This is really unfortunate.more unfortunate is this kind of case only arises with minority community and not only this boy thousands of people are still suffering in jail or they had been killed in so called police encounter .their only "fault" is they are from minority community.And in most of the cases it ha been observed the administration is driven by some genuine fundamentalist(terrorist) groups from majority community. I suspect all the terror activity(be it bomb blast,riot)is initiated and latter fueled by some terrorist groups from majority community to serve the their Boss for political gain.Their groups how strong cud be fathomed by the the comments written above .They become so fanatic that they lost their sense to judge right or wrong.Being a Indian We are really worried abt india's future becoz the division in our society is increasing day by day.God bless India
shaj0 (kerala) replies to Raja
51 mins ago (09:48 AM)
It is shame on people for not accepting the truth. almost all the terror attacks in India have been carried out by anti Indian Safron terrorists and they are caught red handed. However, you are not ready to accept. It is strange. You are just blaming other innocents to have done the attack and they are arrested. There are thousands of innocents jailed in India for terror attcks carried out by Safron terrorists who are roaming free. It is shame on India juridiciary and India authorities for such thing. Real terrortis are not being caught or questioned and innocents are jailed. There is double standard in INdian law. Separate law for Safron terrorists and separate law for minorities. It is shame on Indian President to remain her eyes closed on this inhumanity.

See the way things are building up. I think is going to blow up majorly. So Judicial system and the Police agencies have completely failed to find the culprits behind the Delhi Bomb blasts and RSS gets the blame for it??
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

ramana wrote:There are two issues:

The guards hold diplomatic passports as well. Which is quite interesting.

The Italians just opened a kickback investigation on the purchase of Augusta Westland helicopter purchase signed by UPA in 2010.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

shyamd wrote:
ramana wrote:There are two issues:

The guards hold diplomatic passports as well. Which is quite interesting.

The Italians just opened a kickback investigation on the purchase of Augusta Westland helicopter purchase signed by UPA in 2010.
This is the most stupid act, as now everybody can see how this is used to pressure UPA, if they relent by chance now, UPA is screwed.
member_21708
BRFite

Post by member_21708 »

Fishermen row: Catholics join RSS to flay cardinal
New Delhi: The Catholics in Kerala has reacted strongly on Wednesday against the 'reported' statement by the newly appointed Cardinal Mar George Alancherry on the killing of two Indian fishermen by Italian security officials.

Kochi-based George Alencherry, Major Archbishop of the Syro-Malabar Church in Kerala who was recently elected a Cardinal, had told a Catholic news agency, “In the episode, of course, there were errors, since the fishermen were mistaken for pirates. But it seems that the opposition party wants to take advantage of the situation and exploit the case for electoral reasons, speaking of 'Western powers' or the 'will of American dominance'."

"If he has actually said it, then we will have to express our protest to that statement," Father Rajesh Martin, spokesperson of the Latin Catholic Church of the Kollam dioceses, told reporters here on Wednesday.

Latin Archbishop Susai Pakiyam also expressed strong displeasure at bringing Vatican in the issue.

"I do not think that Cardinal will ever speak like what has been reported. We are Indians first and our country's laws are first for us and we are bound by that only. Vatican will never ask us to take a position because we are bound to the Vatican only on religious matters and not on social and other local issues here," said Pakiyam.

Meanwhile, the RSS and the BJP have reacted strongly on 'over stepping' by the Cardinal in the fishermen killing issue.

“Religious intervention in the issue is unwanted,” said RSS spokesperson Ram Madhav. BJP spokesperson Nirmala Sitaraman said, “Any form of intervention in the probe is unacceptable.”

Under all round attack, Cardinal Mar George Alencherry in a press statement said he was misquoted by the Italian press agency . "The report of the Italian press agency is wrong. The agency removed the report and expressed their apology for the mistake. I have not tried to intervene in this matter, nor have I contacted any ministers regarding this”, he said.

"Two precious lives have been lost. Strong legal action should be taken against the guilty," he added.
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

Aditya_V wrote:
shyamd wrote: The guards hold diplomatic passports as well. Which is quite interesting.

This is the most stupid act, as now everybody can see how this is used to pressure UPA, if they relent by chance now, UPA is screwed.
Defence Minister orders probe into VVIP chopper deal

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... 928775.ece
Defence Minister A. K. Antony on Friday ordered a probe to find out if there was corruption in the Rs. 3,500-crore deal to procure 12 helicopters for VVIPs from European defence firm Agusta Westland.

“Antony today asked Defence Secretary Shashi Kant Sharma to probe if there was any corruption involved in the procurement of these 12 AW-101 helicopters from European company Augusta Westland,” Defence Ministry sources told PTI here.

Agusta Westland is a subsidiary of Italian defence company Finmeccanica which had edged out Sikorsky’s S-92 Superhawk for the deal.

India signed a contract worth Rs. 3,546.17 crore in February, 2010, to procure 12 of these helicopters, of which eight would be for VVIP transportation.The new helicopters are being procured to replace the ageing Russian-made Mi-8 helicopters.

The reports say while it is not clear whether kickbacks were paid in India, the money was allegedly used by a top Finmeccanica official to bribe Italian political parties.According to the reports, another Finmeccanica subsidiary, Selex Sistemi Integrati, is also being probed and had recently won a 10 million-euro contract to supply radars and other equipment for India’s first indigenous aircraft carrier under construction in Kochi.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

rgsrini wrote:The crime is too big and he was caught red handed in person. There is video evidence as well and the public has seen it. It is not a "conspiracy to kill" kind of stuff in his case. There is also no muslim vote bank opportunity in this case for congress, as IMs have clearly distanced themselves in this case. The usual Psec crowd is also not coming near him as they know it will rip their mask, or whatever is remaining, off their face. Pakistan has disowned him telling he is not even his citizen.

He is an orphan. He will hang. This is how I read it, even though I am no Oracle.
Of course, I reserve the right to change my opinion based on what actually happens.
Well if he is hanged then that will affect the morale of the LeT foot soldiers - their divine is not as powerful as touted to be. This in turn could unleash further terror by their leadership to prove that they are all powerful and can carry out 26/11 type stuff which their divine makes a complete success. [Success in terms of the theology - as many brutalities as possible to psychologically numb and prevent defence - a very old foundational theme]. Such actions would raise the temperature against the theology inside India and raise pressures to dismantle the Pakiland. Any such pressures means political gain for the ephemeral saffron and demand for action against Pakistan. Any such action means loss of trade and growth and prosperity.

Now tell me - should Qasab really hang? or be kept in the aquarium like a kept fish like Afzal Guru?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

X-Post...
unarayanadas wrote:Read the full transcript of Gujarat CM’s testimony before the probe panel: What Modi told SIT: I asked police to maintain peace
paramu
BRFite

Post by paramu »

vikramd wrote:Under all round attack, Cardinal Mar George Alencherry in a press statement said he was misquoted by the Italian press agency . "The report of the Italian press agency is wrong. The agency removed the report and expressed their apology for the mistake. I have not tried to intervene in this matter, nor have I contacted any ministers regarding this”, he said.
What should be highlighted is above. Cardinal recognized his folly only when it created furor in India, and Christian fishermen community started going against his statement. The clarification sounds more like cover up.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

More on the Chennai case

Addresses found to be fake, States try to trace identities

Could they be non-Indians?
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

^^
Now tell me - should Qasab really hang? or be kept in the aquarium like a kept fish like Afzal Guru?
Saar,
The fate of Kasab will have no impact to the terror threat or the Indian Government's response.

The people who sent Kasab wanted him to die anyway. They don't care.
The Jihadi foot soldier need no additional motivation than all the crap that is already in their head.
The Pakistani government has no say in this matter.
The Kabila has 170 Million Kasabs under their control give or take a few 1000s. What is the loss of one?

Even if there is a new attack, our government (irrespective of the party) will huff, puff and finally start attacking them with dosiers. For change of pace there is always "saffron" terror to blame.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

PM revoked licenses for 3 NGOs for foreign funding of KK protest funding.
-------------
PC ordered investigation across 3 states and internationally on a Kerala businessman that he is a front man for Dawood and is linked to a Kerala jeweler that has extensive shops in the Middle East (anyone can guess the name of the shop).

Hmm.....
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

shyamdji:

What is the significance of a diplomatic passport unless the person has formally presented it to a host country? I think that the passport itself does not make a person a diplomat and under the purview of diplomatic immunity; the person also has to be accepted by the host nation as a diplomat. Your thoughts?
Arav
BRFite

Post by Arav »

shyamd wrote:PM revoked licenses for 3 NGOs for foreign funding of KK protest funding.
-------------
PC ordered investigation across 3 states and internationally on a Kerala businessman that he is a front man for Dawood and is linked to a Kerala jeweler that has extensive shops in the Middle East (anyone can guess the name of the shop).

Hmm.....
IMO could be one of Alookkas, they are in India & Middle East.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

VikramS wrote:shyamdji:

What is the significance of a diplomatic passport unless the person has formally presented it to a host country? I think that the passport itself does not make a person a diplomat and under the purview of diplomatic immunity; the person also has to be accepted by the host nation as a diplomat. Your thoughts?
Depends on the rules in the country that they are in. US takes a view that they can be arrested and expelled but not prosecuted. Some say they can be prosecuted if doing things that are unrelated to their work. I have heard of people getting into fights and jumping into their diplomatic cars and getting away with it.

In general, you could get away with small crimes but probably not murder.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

If Visa is issued on a Diplomatic passport, it is covered under immunity as per Vienna Protocol.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Idiotic secular gov lets this motherf*cker in and now they have to waste time and money keeping him on a leash. :roll:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

How sad, I was thinking they will get +ve coverage from our Media for their noble intentions.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Aditya_V wrote:
How sad, I was thinking they will get +ve coverage from our Media for their noble intentions.
Considering how well the pseudos can pass off violence, riots, etc as Saffron terrorism, who wouldn't want to come to India?

The list of things in the website looks like putting together warmongering carnage and pillage that could well make a gazi proud, this time in Delhi. Iconoclasm, Dhimmitude, Jhaziya, etc and the terrorist is coming to Delhi, the capital of India says much about the current bunch of rulers and administrators who are watching this as innocent bystandars in Delhi.

Reminds of how massacre of Hindu pilgrim ladies and children by politically connected in Godhra and subsequent investigation and even punishment of massacre was turned into secular blame game of subsequent riots & prolonged custody of the accused just so as to completely ignore those who were murdered and their families. The silent are, in other words, providing barbaric cover to criminals & terrorists and then ratchet up issues later to ignore those affected and hide carnage and pillage.

Pseudo secularism at its worst.
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

This website blocking and the attention that this issue is now getting is all thanks to the Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena. If they had not gone to court and said that they will stop the rally at any cost, nobody in the administration would've done anything. The Bhagat Singh kranti sena has been doing amazing work. Hats off to them. Here are the guys who are fighting for India on the streets, with little to no public/monetary/administrative/media support. That too daily, while facing discrimination against them by the police (they were holding a function on 14th Feb titled 'My nation my love' and suddenly Delhi barges in, even though they had permission for holding the function, and says that you guys are troublemakers and they will throw them all in jail if they tried to hold any function again!), facing several cases and what not. Amazing!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... epage=true

Hindu reports:

Mansour Ijaz claims to have backing from a politically influential India family to get releif from paying back a loan

Whats going on?

Is this new Bofors?

Recall role of Hindu in dethroning Rajiv Gandhi?
Mansoor Ijaz, a controversial Pakistani-American businessman with links to the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate, raised over $1.5 million from a San Marino bank by claiming to have the backing of a politically-influential Indian business family, court documents available with The Hindu show.

Mr. Ijaz made the claims in a March 10, 2008 letter to Banca Sammarinese di Investimento SPA, as he fought for time to repay loans taken the previous year. The letter is among documents filed before the New York Supreme Court in September 2010, after BSI sued the businessman.

Late last year, Mr. Ijaz provoked a crisis in Pakistani politics after making public the contents of a secret memo calling on the United States to help the civilian government sack key military commanders. He claimed the memo had been authored by the country's Ambassador to the U.S., Husain Haqqani.

In his letter to BSI, Mr. Ijaz promised he had secured $50 million from a “large Indian family that has real estate investments around the world, including over 40 apartment units in Las Vegas' newest condominium towers [as well as] Dubai and India.” “The head of the family,” he went on, “is an important political personality from the State, where the family resides”.

“The investor's funds,” Mr. Ijaz asserted, “are resident in Switzerland, and we are presently going through the necessary due diligence work”.

In addition, he said, “the same investor, due to its close ties with Tata Motors, has chosen to invest $10,000,000 in our planned launch of a company to develop the world's most energy-efficient powertrains”.

“The Indian family,” Mr. Ijaz told The Hindu, “was one of the big ones — I'm not at liberty to say.” He however said the family had only planned an investment in “in my Aquarius Towers project for Las Vegas, not the powertrain deal —that was all American investors in which I invested my share using my pledged collateral to borrow the funds from BSI.”

Mr. Ijaz, in his letter, claims contracts had been signed for both deals in February 2008. He told the bank he would provide further details after a visit to India scheduled for late March that year. “Much hard work,” he wrote in a message to BSI's directors citing temporary business reverses for his default, “has gone into correcting the situation, above all to protect my political reputation and future role in American politics.”

Tata Motors denies that it has had any dealings with Mr. Ijaz or EcoDrive, and there is no public-domain information available to suggest the businessman ever in fact began work on powertrains. Inquiries with immigration authorities in Mumbai also threw up no evidence that Mr. Ijaz had visited India during that time.

In filings before a New York court, BSI claimed Mr. Ijaz used funds it had advanced to his Ijaz Group and Aquarius companies “for his personal needs, including payment of mortgages and brokerage account fees, and used said lines of credit after his personal line of credit had reached its limit.” In addition, it alleged, “Aquarius never entered into any contracts, nor did it have any employees … [or] file tax returns.”

In a September 25, 2010 judgment, judge Charles Ramos ruled in favour of BSI, and Mr. Ijaz agreed to settle by repaying the bank $1.74 million. Peter Kurchen, the bank's attorney, says he is yet to do so. “Given that he has not voluntarily satisfied the judgment in the past two years we are forced to commence enforcement action,” he said.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

kittoo wrote:This website blocking and the attention that this issue is now getting is all thanks to the Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena. If they had not gone to court and said that they will stop the rally at any cost, nobody in the administration would've done anything. The Bhagat Singh kranti sena has been doing amazing work. Hats off to them. Here are the guys who are fighting for India on the streets, with little to no public/monetary/administrative/media support. That too daily, while facing discrimination against them by the police (they were holding a function on 14th Feb titled 'My nation my love' and suddenly Delhi barges in, even though they had permission for holding the function, and says that you guys are troublemakers and they will throw them all in jail if they tried to hold any function again!), facing several cases and what not. Amazing!
Exactly. The administration would have slept till the barbarians would cross the gate for political windfalls perhaps but for the Bhagat Singh Kranti Sena and subsequent court order regarding the PIL. Someone should ask the police if its not their job at all to stop the barbarians at the gate itself, even if civilized countries like USA and UK allow such troublemakers to say and do what they want.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

ramana wrote:http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... epage=true

Hindu reports:

Mansour Ijaz claims to have backing from a politically influential India family to get releif from paying back a loan

Whats going on?

Is this new Bofors?

Recall role of Hindu in dethroning Rajiv Gandhi?
Mansoor Ijaz, a controversial Pakistani-American businessman with links to the Inter-Services Intelligence Directorate, raised over $1.5 million from a San Marino bank by claiming to have the backing of a politically-influential Indian business family, court documents available with The Hindu show.

Mr. Ijaz made the claims in a March 10, 2008 letter to Banca Sammarinese di Investimento SPA, as he fought for time to repay loans taken the previous year. The letter is among documents filed before the New York Supreme Court in September 2010, after BSI sued the businessman.

Late last year, Mr. Ijaz provoked a crisis in Pakistani politics after making public the contents of a secret memo calling on the United States to help the civilian government sack key military commanders. He claimed the memo had been authored by the country's Ambassador to the U.S., Husain Haqqani.

In his letter to BSI, Mr. Ijaz promised he had secured $50 million from a “large Indian family that has real estate investments around the world, including over 40 apartment units in Las Vegas' newest condominium towers [as well as] Dubai and India.” “The head of the family,” he went on, “is an important political personality from the State, where the family resides”.

“The investor's funds,” Mr. Ijaz asserted, “are resident in Switzerland, and we are presently going through the necessary due diligence work”.

In addition, he said, “the same investor, due to its close ties with Tata Motors, has chosen to invest $10,000,000 in our planned launch of a company to develop the world's most energy-efficient powertrains”.

“The Indian family,” Mr. Ijaz told The Hindu, “was one of the big ones — I'm not at liberty to say.” He however said the family had only planned an investment in “in my Aquarius Towers project for Las Vegas, not the powertrain deal —that was all American investors in which I invested my share using my pledged collateral to borrow the funds from BSI.”

Mr. Ijaz, in his letter, claims contracts had been signed for both deals in February 2008. He told the bank he would provide further details after a visit to India scheduled for late March that year. “Much hard work,” he wrote in a message to BSI's directors citing temporary business reverses for his default, “has gone into correcting the situation, above all to protect my political reputation and future role in American politics.”

Tata Motors denies that it has had any dealings with Mr. Ijaz or EcoDrive, and there is no public-domain information available to suggest the businessman ever in fact began work on powertrains. Inquiries with immigration authorities in Mumbai also threw up no evidence that Mr. Ijaz had visited India during that time.

In filings before a New York court, BSI claimed Mr. Ijaz used funds it had advanced to his Ijaz Group and Aquarius companies “for his personal needs, including payment of mortgages and brokerage account fees, and used said lines of credit after his personal line of credit had reached its limit.” In addition, it alleged, “Aquarius never entered into any contracts, nor did it have any employees … [or] file tax returns.”

In a September 25, 2010 judgment, judge Charles Ramos ruled in favour of BSI, and Mr. Ijaz agreed to settle by repaying the bank $1.74 million. Peter Kurchen, the bank's attorney, says he is yet to do so. “Given that he has not voluntarily satisfied the judgment in the past two years we are forced to commence enforcement action,” he said.
Add to that Mukesh Ambani NewsX gunning for Mr 10%, seems there are ties between Rape, TSP ARMY and certain elites in India which is outside the public glare.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Thousands watch as mob tries to lynch ‘north Indian’
n a shocking case of xenophobic hysteria and police ineptitude just days after the gunning down of five suspected bank robbers from Bihar and West Bengal, a mob in Pallikaranai on Sunday attempted to lynch a man because they thought he was a 'burglar from north India'.
Such Xenophobic mob mentality is unacceptable.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Aditya_Vji,
This is the fourth such instance I can recall in the last two years in TN and is a sign of a disturbing chauvinist strain in the otherwise placid/generous tamizh society.
Infact,TN the social justice capital of the world,where there is a sophisticated industry of manufactured outrage against everything under the sun,there was mute reaction to killing of five young persons.Nodoubt they had conducted armed robbery in two banks for Rs 25 lakhs.They could have been given third degree treatment.They did not physically harm anyone.Why were they cold bloodedly murdered? Were they not Indians.Whuy didnt muka/nram say anything.Jaya has blood on her hands.The contrast with the woman terrorist in Gujarat is unbelievable

Ofcoures a tamizh nationalist might say the Indians rejoiced in the decimation of LTTE while ignoring the pain of tamizh civilians whose lossses were in thousands,and continue to ignore the killing of tamizh fishermen.Makes one wonder what binds the Indian people,what separates them etc.

My 2 paise rants.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

News which won't make to NDTV headlines

Tension after petrol bombs hurled at BJP office
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

svenkat, Can you monitor the Channai bank robbers case please?

Meanwhile Hindu reports

Mumbai Police in Chennai
A special team of the Mumbai police landed here on Monday evening to investigate the profile of the five suspected robbers gunned down in an encounter by the Chennai Police on February 23, police sources said.

Though the involvement of the prime suspect Sujay Kumar Rai alias Vinod Kumar of Patna in Bihar was confirmed in three bank dacoity cases in Mumbai reported in 2010, the team would check the identity and antecedents of the other four suspects to see if they were wanted by the Maharashtra police in connection with other cases, the sources said.

Teams of the Chennai police camping in Patna, Mumbai and Kolkata are coordinating with the local police there to check the identity of two others in the case. Of the five suspects, investigators have so far established the identity of three persons, including that of Rajeev Kumar of Nalanda in Bihar, who allegedly murdered a mutt head there in September 2009 and absconded.

One of the five pistols seized from the hideout of the suspects was suspected to be an imported one as it had the words ‘Made in USA' printed on it. The pistol, alleged to have been used by Sujay, was a sophisticated one. Investigation revealed that the suspects used a fake driving licence in Chennai. The driving licence with reference number ‘WB-11-1990' seized from their premises was purportedly issued by the licensing authority, Howrah, in the name of Abhay Kumar. However, the date of issue and expiry in the card was mentioned as ‘00/00/00'.

The Crime Branch CID on Monday took over investigation of the sensational police encounter case. Additional Director-General of Police N.P. Singh told The Hindu that Deputy Superintendent of Police Venkataraman was designated as the Chief Investigation Officer of the case. He would be assisted by several other teams, he said.
Some thing major is odd in this case?

What if they were assumed identities from TSP?

Fake id cards, fake names and even out of area ops are ISI signatures..
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

ramanaji,
I seem to be way off the mark.I will do my bit,sir.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Is Hindu the only English language paper in TN? What do other regional papers say about htis?
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

I will have a look at tamizh papers.Thought it was an ordinary dacoity.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

They dont shoot ordinary dacoits all dead. The circumustances of them all being in one apartment in anarrow galli and looking at the pictures of the rooms, the fake papers, fake names all show there is more to it. Also was all the money recovered?
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

ramanaji,
went through dinamalar.

34 lakhs looted.14 lakhs recovered.They were hardened criminals.Though they had fake ids,their families,real identities seem to have been traced.They were involved in dacoities in maharashtra,particularly in malad,borivili,sarkop(have not heard of this place).One of their associates was a certain chota khan,could be a local criminal.The gang members have done dacoities in bihar and calcutta.They fired first and injured the policemen.Nothing new here.Already seen the same news in the report linked by you.I will give an update after reading tommorrow ppers/magazines.

I feel sheepish/redfaced about the criticism of TN police.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

CBI, police to probe NGOs involved in anti-nuke stir
A file photo of the Kudankulam nuclear plant in Tamil Nadu. (Petr Pavlicek/IAEA)
The government is readying its ammunition against non-governmental organisations (NGOs), which it suspects are using foreign funds to sponsor the ongoing agitation against the nuclear plant at Kudankulam in Tamil Nadu. After North Block suspected serious financial irregularities by 12 NGOs in handling foreign funds in the southern districts of Tamil Nadu, the home ministry ordered a detailed inspection of their records and is all set to recommend CBI probes into the working of two NGOs while another two will be investigated by the state police.
It is understood that these NGOs had received funds from the US and Scandinavian countries.

Top government sources said a discreet yet comprehensive probe into NGOs allegedly involved in the Kudankulam nuclear plant agitation has identified a dozen of them suspected to be involved in falsification of documents, diversion of funds and lack of transparency in financial dealings.

The outcome of this probe was sent to home minister P Chidambaram and home secretary RK Singh a month ago. The matter was then referred to the foreigners division, which handles the Foreign Contribution (Regulation) Act (FCRA), 2010, for action. Show cause notices will be issued on the basis of alleged discrepancies, it is learnt.

HT's sources also said an American nuclear equipment contractor had informed the highest officials that the US and European NGOs were behind the agitation against the Kudankulam plant.
Arav
BRFite

Post by Arav »

Sleuths detain German national in Nagercoil Hindu is reporting
Documents seized from a German national, who was detained from a private lodge here on Sunday, indicate his links with the anti-Kudunkulam Nuclear Power Project movement, according to highly placed sources.
The German national's stay in one of the lesser known lodges at Nagercoil raised many questions among the police, who were tight-lipped about his detention.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Sounds like PMO is working on this on a war footing. Locked and loaded. I hope they use this opportunity to clear up NGOs in the rest of the country as well and not just TN.