Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

Post by Singha »

But you gotta admit from both their pov, we are mleccha. Shia tinpots on gulf coast treat our workers no better than Sunni tinhorns. At least Iran has crutch of overlaid civilization to save itself if it ever returns to its roots..most have nothing.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

JE Menon wrote:>>I think there's more to it.

I'd be happy to learn. I'm not being frivolous here. Do put forward the name of any widely regarded Islamic scholar who actually says that Ijtehad can happen outside the confines of the Koran/Hadith.

Even your example above is an example of that. If reason, i.e. diligent inquiry as Ijtehad can be translated (among other things), is to be the foundation for interpretation, then even the notion of "Prophethood" would be in question, let alone the finality (seal) of it...

As a matter of fact, any rational inquiry into Islam in the present milieu will render it frankly laughable.

I didn't mean to hint towards reforming Islam. Nope. There's two ways of tackling the nuisance. One is to attack it from outside. Second to plant a destructive seed within. Like a dialogue in Ramayan serial (first episode) where Lord Vishnu is hearing the complaints from devas regarding Ravan's atyachar and says "Seeds of destruction are sown from within".

Anyways, Ijtihad I feel can do the job. Although it's still an Islamic concept, it can do the job of triggering a debate/argument. However it's a matter of risk to Muslims whether they would be able to contain Ijtihad within the boundaries of Quran/Hadith or whether it spirals out.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

^Have been saying this for decades. It's all in the doctrine. Why put the blame on radicals on Islamic Mullahs or Imams? Why not understand what makes the Imam/ Mullah itself teach what he teaches? Once we arrive at that simple logic, we also arrive at the fundamental doctrines of Islam. Once we (as outsiders) start exposing the weaknesses, shortcomings, stupidity, inhumanity, lack of knowledge it should after a large effort start some level of introspection within some Muslims. This introspection is not going to be in the ambit of Islamic theology but outside it. But it's exactly what Lord Vishnu implied to sow the seeds of doubt/ destruction of the stupidity, inhumanity and lack of any spirituality within the doctrine. So oppose like mad the CVB type insertion attempts, keep going and encouraging bloggers and SM folks that expose the doctrine truthfully and with conviction. Try and support legislation in our countries that restrict Islams freedom to conduct nuisance. Encourage reabsorption into the Dharmic folds. Improve support and assimilation mechanisms within the Dharmic folds. All that needs be done than rely on some 11th century Islamic interpretation of introspection.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Aisha and Muhammad (Official Movie Trailer)

Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Wonderful Madrasah. How come no one is going after these demons when people are hounding catholic priests

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... ngeon.html
Officers raided the dungeon, equipped with hooks and chains, after a tip-off that children as young as seven were being beaten and abused.

http://blogs.tribune.com.pk/story/8983/ ... -madrassa/

I could not believe that my mother had sent me to a place where children were sodomised by supposed mentors. I felt rage building up inside me – rage against my mother, rage against the Naib Nazim, rage on behalf of the poor boy who somehow got trapped by him, and rage against my Qaari Sahab.

By then I had understood that every Qaari Sahab and every employee of that madrassa had a good rapport with each other and they all “had each other’s back”. So if the Naib Nazim enjoyed sexually abusing young boys then the remaining Qaari Sahabs would play dumb as they were all friends with each other.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-15256764
ritain's madrassas have faced more than 400 allegations of physical abuse in the past three years, a BBC investigation has discovered.

But only a tiny number have led to successful prosecutions.

The revelation has led to calls for formal regulation of the schools, attended by more than 250,000 Muslim children every day for Koran lessons.

http://archive.frontpagemag.com/readArt ... ARTID=7220
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Bangladeshi American student arrested for conspiring jihad against Hindus
Posted on 5:34 pm, June 27, 2014 by WHN Reporter

WASHINGTON, DC: A young man of Bangladeshi origin has been arrested in Austin, Texas under allegations that he has been consorting with foreign terrorist networks to help plan attacks on US soil.

Rahatul Ashikim Khan (23), along with alleged co-conspirator Michael Todd Wolfe (23), was formally charged with conspiring to commit terroristic acts by a US District Court on Wednesday.

Khan, who is originally from Chittagong, Bangladesh, is currently a student at the University of Texas, was nabbed as part of an elaborate sting operation set up by the FBI, during which a multitude of evidence was apparently uncovered that linked Khan to several terrorist groups around the world.

Khan, under the guise of several different aliases, would use online chat rooms to speak with and recruit potential new “jihadis.” The people he recruited would be enlisted for specific tasks or for a skill set that they possessed, such as their willingness to kill in the name of Islam or their hatred for a certain ethnic group, like Hindus.

What Khan didn’t know is that one of the people he was talking to was a covert FBI informant, who would keep logs of the conversations between himself and Khan and then pass them onto the proper authorities. It was through this informant that the FBI was able to mount an investigation into Khan, which ultimately ended in his arrest.

This investigation took place over the course of several years, during which Khan was in regular correspondence with the covert FBI operative and a slew of other young potential jihadis. The Daily News reports that Khan often spoke about wanting to kill scores of other people, and that he wanted to participate in a jihad himself.

Khan has been linked to terror groups in Africa and Syria, whose members he is accused of having spoken with online in the name of jihad and other terroristic intents. One of the groups Khan allegedly was in touch with is al-Shabab, the terror cell that has been responsible for the recent violence that has afflicted Kenya.

He is also said to have spent a lot of time in chat rooms dedicated to followers of Brixton imam Sheikh Abdullah Ibrahim Al-Faisal, a former US resident and religious leader who was jailed for several years and later deported back to Jamaica for preaching violence against Jews, Christians, and Hindus.

Khan was finally arrested after the police were able to catch Wolfe, who also frequented Internet chat rooms under the alias “Faruq.” Wolfe was picked up by police as he tried to board a Toronto-bound flight from Houston’s George Bush International Airport, along with his wife. Reports indicate that Wolfe, who was also unknowingly in touch with an FBI operative, said that he wanted to join ISIS – the militant group currently laying siege to Iraq, and closing in on the capital city of Baghdad.

Both men now face up to 15 years behind bars if they are found guilty. A trial date has not yet been revealed.

http://worldhindunews.com/2014062726756 ... st-hindus/
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

^^^ Wolfe pleads guilty:
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/texas ... is-n143096
Looks like his wife did not approve of his jihadi habit and turned him in to the FBI.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

ABC News reports:
http://abcnews.go.com/US/syria-threat-p ... d=24351979

Specifically, U.S. officials learned that associates of the al Qaeda affiliate in Syria -- the Al Nusrah Front -- and radicals from other groups were teaming up with elements of the Yemen-based group Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, which built such innovative devices as the "underwear bomb" that ultimately failed to detonate in a plane over Detroit on Christmas Day 2009.

Bolstered by more recent intelligence, U.S. analysts believe the "subset" of extreme terrorists in Syria could be looking to down a U.S.- or European-bound plane, with help from one of the thousands of Americans and other foreign fighters carrying U.S. and European passports who have joined Al Nusrah Front and other groups in the region.
Since January, officials with access to the country's most sensitive intelligence have warned publicly that hard-to-detect "technologies and techniques" were being exported to Syria, that foreign fighters from the West were "learn[ing] new things" and "build[ing] new relationships" in Syria, and that "training complexes" were popping up there to prepare Western fighters for terrorist attacks against their home countries.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

So, 2 monotheistic faiths exchange "peace". In this case malsi teaching "crucifixion" to snaitsirhc.

Group: ISIS 'crucifies' men in public in Syrian towns
ISIS militants in Syria reportedly crucified nine men in Aleppo province recently, the Syrian Observatory For Human Rights announced Sunday.

A statement from the London-based group said eight of the men were hung in the public center of Deir Hafer for three days. The men were charged with joining "Awakening" movements in the city, the organization said.

Another man was "crucified alive for eight hours" in al-Bab. The report didn't specify if the man was killed.

Typically the men ISIS crucifies are shot in the head first, then hung for public viewing with their arms tied to a horizontal beam.

CNN could not independently verify the reports.
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

Not sure if this is the right thread. From Tarek Fatah's twitter feed - Ayad Jamal Al-Din in TV Debate About Separation of Religion and State Watch all of it. Very impressive.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

Ramadan has begun. Meanwhile Boko Haram murders over 100 in 5 churches. ISIS continue to behead, crucify, execute and rape.

http://www.thehindubusinessline.com/new ... 160531.ece
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

KrishnaK wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread. From Tarek Fatah's twitter feed - Ayad Jamal Al-Din in TV Debate About Separation of Religion and State Watch all of it. Very impressive.
Yes. If I ran an insurance company, I would not sell him life insurance.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Oppression Of Minorities In Pakistan” thread.

Human Rights Watch issues a 62 page report on the topic of Green on Green Intra-Mohammadden Religion motivated sectarian violence in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan titled "We are the Walking Dead".

HRW Report clearly shows that Mohammaddens of the minority Shia sect of Mohammaddenism will continue paying the bloody price for unwisely supporting the formation of a country, namely the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, as a supposed safe haven for the adherents of that religion residing on the Indian Sub-Continent.

Further HRW Report does nothing to buttress the claim by followers of Mohammaddenism that their Religion is “The Religion Of Peace”.

Reading the HRW report also made me realise that I had over the past five years come across no such similar instances of internecine killings in other religious groups such as Buddhists, Christists, Hindus, Jains or Jews over issues of interpretation of religion anywhere in the world. Can anyone point out if I am mistaken by pointing out cases over the past five years anywhere in the world, of Hinayana Buddhists killing Mahayana Buddhists or vice versa, or Catholic Christists killing Protestant Christists or vice versa, or Shivite Hindus killing Vaishnavite Hindus or vice versa, or Digamber Jains killing Shwetamber Jains or vice versa, or Ashkanazie Jews killing Sephardic Jews or Vice versa; all over differences of interpretation of their respective religions? Or is it that the Mohammaddenism is somehow a special lone case among the world’s religions when it comes to the matter of killing co-religionists over interpretation of own religion?

Full HRW Report is here:

We Are The Walking Dead
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

KrishnaK wrote:Not sure if this is the right thread. From Tarek Fatah's twitter feed - Ayad Jamal Al-Din in TV Debate About Separation of Religion and State Watch all of it. Very impressive.
A very powerful personality, coming across with both credibility, humanity and what seems to be a very clear-eyed adherence to reason.

I don't give him much time in this world. But it is also good for us to know, that such people do exist in the absolute bloody midst of what is going on - with the courage to say the things he is doing, in public. It must be respected.

Thanks for posting that KrishnaK... I didn't know about this particular guy. I wonder if he speaks English.

Added later: watch some of his other videos people. Some useful arguments in there for all concerned.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Pakistan does not even arise into the conscious thoughts of these people. I wonder if that is sad or happy. And for whom?
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Doc, I've spent the better part of 20 years literally wandering about the Middle East and North Africa... All countries except Iran, Algeria and Libya... Never once have I heard an Arab referring to Pakistan on anything to do with Islam... And a lot of the time they did not even know I was Indian. So it's not that it's politeness or anything. It's exactly like you said... Pakistan does not arise into the conscious thoughts of these people. When they do it is to be treated just like, or worse than, Indians.
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

JE Menon wrote:
A very powerful personality, coming across with both credibility, humanity and what seems to be a very clear-eyed adherence to reason.

I don't give him much time in this world. But it is also good for us to know, that such people do exist in the absolute bloody midst of what is going on - with the courage to say the things he is doing, in public. It must be respected.

Thanks for posting that KrishnaK... I didn't know about this particular guy. I wonder if he speaks English.

Added later: watch some of his other videos people. Some useful arguments in there for all concerned.
JEM, I was pretty stunned when he said the job of the state is to provide electricity, water etc, to mosques, churches and nightclubs. We don't have politicos in India that'll say that. The nightclub part I mean. Some more notes - from one of this other videos, the Shiite clergy out of Najaf are for separation of state and religion. This would include the Grand Ayatollah al-Sistani. So he isn't alone. Also looks like he was targeted for assassination a bunch of times. Whether the theologians in Najaf of Qom will prevail is the heart of the conflict ? They find themselves between Sunni extremism and the Vilayat-e-faqih.
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

shiv wrote:
Pakistan does not even arise into the conscious thoughts of these people. I wonder if that is sad or happy. And for whom?
Not really sure of my reasoning here here doctor sahab, but here it goes. A lot of the arguments in the muslim arab world revolves around their own long and impressive history. If Pakistan had been a success, it could've been some part of their argument. As an experiment showing what Muslims are capable of. The piggies next door are just that. Why would they figure in the soul searching of the muslim arabs trying to figure out how grapple with the modern world which looks so frighteningly incomprehensible and advancing at break neck speed ?
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

JE Menon wrote: I don't give him much time in this world. But it is also good for us to know, that such people do exist in the absolute bloody midst of what is going on - with the courage to say the things he is doing, in public. It must be respected.
You notice Western governments & media keep talking about "moderate Muslims", but when one like Ayad Jamal al-Din is a member of Parliament, Iraq, is an actual liberal; from his words, definitely more so than e.g., any Pakistani "liberal" -- which one of them would dare say that in Mecca, Prophet was there 13 years, no power, no army, and there were no hypocrites; but in Medina, Prophet was there 10 years, with power and army, and hypocrisy became a problem for the first time in Arab history; the nature of the ideological state is to give rise to hypocrisy even when the state is run by the Prophet himself -- just how much have they given air time to an actual liberal??????

(There is some of that in India too, media gives more air time to the wrong people).
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>the Shiite clergy out of Najaf are for separation of state and religion. This would include the Grand Ayatollah al-Sistani. So he isn't alone.

Even in Qom there are theologians who ask for that... Ayatullah Hossein Ali Montazeri, in his final years, was supposedly quite vocal about it and got muzzled, due to his seniority. He died some years ago.
RomeshT
BRFite -Trainee

Post by RomeshT »

In case anyone missed this latest analysis from SAAG:

http://www.southasiaanalysis.org/node/1556

Excerpt:
Instead of ad hoc policies such as countering the extremist narratives that emphasize interpretations of jihad in an armed context, efforts should mainly focus on countering the self-serving clerical narratives of sharia as all-embracing divine law, thereby, clearing the way for Muslim communities to govern themselves and develop their societies by embracing modernity.

In a broad sense, this calls for a strategy similar to the one used to counter—as part of the Cold War—the ideological basis of the former Soviet Communism, with an understanding that undercutting the influence of sharia also helps promote religious freedom and human rights of those under its spell.
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

As per the Daily mail UK, The ISIS has come out of with a plan of Expansion for the next 5 years. The map involves all of India, pakistan, IRan, most of china, afghanistan etc.

How able are these guys. Can ISIS even take over half of the expected land they want to occupy.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... iance.html
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

bhavani wrote:As per the Daily mail UK, The ISIS has come out of with a plan of Expansion for the next 5 years. The map involves all of India, pakistan, IRan, most of china, afghanistan etc.

How able are these guys. Can ISIS even take over half of the expected land they want to occupy.

The map is a code word for the sunni islamists in that area to rise up
This is the last large scale sunni coordination which will make an impact. after this the entire sunni islamist will fragment into smaller local groups
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

bhavani wrote:As per the Daily mail UK, The ISIS has come out of with a plan of Expansion for the next 5 years. The map involves all of India, pakistan, IRan, most of china, afghanistan etc.

I think it is eminently doable. There is a precedent - and in fact it is me. In my college days I had a map of all the desirable actresses all over the world who would become mine and join my harem. As you all know that has come true now. When an individual like me with drive can achieve that it should be easy for ISIS to cover the map (with piss)
saumitra_j
BRFite

Post by saumitra_j »

shiv wrote:I think it is eminently doable. There is a precedent - and in fact it is me. In my college days I had a map of all the desirable actresses all over the world who would become mine and join my harem. As you all know that has come true now. When an individual like me with drive can achieve that it should be easy for ISIS to cover the map (with piss)
:rotfl: :rotfl: Shivji, as usual you are at your incisive best!
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Australian Islamist living off welfare for 19 years, raising 7 children and never working.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 16&fref=nf
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

SBajwa wrote:Australian Islamist living off welfare for 19 years, raising 7 children and never working.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10 ... 16&fref=nf
Good looking jihadi. Following the founder's footsteps, no doubt. At least the Aussies understand the double-dealing scum. The brits don't, unfortunately.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Middle East needs to be completely destroyed. These people are monsters. Who does this to children. Old news but child trafficking is big business. Something like this is so evil that it should be enough to launch a war on these nations and destroy them. Not other crap reasons. Those where the rulers entertain themselves with such sadism and cruelty towards the littlest of our species, should really not be allowed to exist in any form. They have to be eradicated. All other reasons fade in comparison
This religion is not redeemable

http://www.gluckman.com/camelracing.html
Every year, scores of kidnapped children are smuggled from South Asia to the Middle East where they are maimed and killed, all for the amusement of the oil-rich rulers of kingdoms on the camel racing circuit

This is typical, according to authorities in India, who smashed several child-selling gangs during the early 1990s. The kids are sold for as little as US$3. Hundreds more are kidnapped, often toddlers as young as two.

A five-year-old rider was beaten to death by other child jockeys last year. But neither he, nor his six-year-old assailants, were mentioned in media or police reports. "This happens often, too often," says a local reporter, who requested anonymity for fear of reprisal.

Th
Quote:
e tiny riders are kept to a painful pace. As soon as they finish one race, they are pulled from the camels, tossed in vans, and saddled up for the next, which starts within minutes. Jockeys wear the colors of their owners, jogging suits of blue, white, red and green, topped with tiny helmets or headgear. Many are equipped with small radios, so the trainers can signal every swing of the riding crop.

Camel jockeys: Popular Arab sport costs Pakistani children their sanity
“Imran is mentally retarded and can not learn any more in school,” his father Muhammad Shakoor repeats an assessment of the young boy’s teacher.

“My ‘Sheikh’ and my trainers used to continuously beat me—this is what I can recall,” Imran tells The Express Tribune.

A senior physician at Bahawal Victoria Hospital in neighbouring Bahawalpur, Dr Naeem, has a history of treating former child camel jockeys. He says that as many as 34 former jockeys had been admitted in the hospital between 2005 and 2007 for treatment. A majority of them, Dr Naeem notes, were mental patients.
http://humantraffickingsearch.net/wp/ca ... n-the-uae/
The young camel jockeys, many not even old enough to be in grade school, tell stories of being beaten for not understanding Arabic, given electric shocks for being “overweight” and rampant sexual abuse by the camel trainers. The extreme physical and emotional abuse at such a young age has dire consequences for the little boys who are usually discarded once they get older and can’t stay within the weight requirements.
http://www.islammonitor.org/index.php?o ... &Itemid=64
hey are deliberately starved to prevent weight gain. Many of these children are fed with only two dry biscuits, or half dirty bread a day with water just to keep body and soul together (Selby, 2004). Some of them are not even that lucky. To reduce body weight, the owners often force the kids to wear metal helmets and leave them under the boiling heat of the desert so that they bleed through their noses and lose their body weight. Another method of keeping them underweight is to force them to eat dirty and unhygienic food with seawater. The hope is that an upset stomach will stop the child from feeling hungry (ABWT, 2005). This saves the cost of the food and also keeps the kid underweight. Many of these children, who cannot tolerate this torture just collapse and die.

(The barefoot child camel jockey in the above picture is begging for water at a racing track in Dubai. He had been deliberately left tied under the hot sun with helmet, so that he bleeds through nose and thus reduces weight. During summer the temperature goes well above 50oC (Asia Child Rights, 2004). Photo source: Ansar Burney Trust, 2004)
KrishnaK
BRFite

Post by KrishnaK »

JE Menon wrote:>>the Shiite clergy out of Najaf are for separation of state and religion. This would include the Grand Ayatollah al-Sistani. So he isn't alone.

Even in Qom there are theologians who ask for that... Ayatullah Hossein Ali Montazeri, in his final years, was supposedly quite vocal about it and got muzzled, due to his seniority. He died some years ago.
JEM, thanks. I hope India quietly supports such positions.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

Slavery's last stranglehold is actually Islam. Peel the cover and most of them endorse and support slavery. Cruelty towards the helpless is institutionalized.

http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/03/ ... tronghold/

Slavery’s last stronghold

Mauritania’s endless sea of sand dunes hides an open secret: An estimated 10% to 20% of the population lives in slavery. But as one woman’s journey shows, the first step toward freedom is realizing you’re enslaved.

In 1981, Mauritania became the last country in the world to abolish slavery. Activists are arrested for fighting the practice. The government denies it exists.

“On this land, everybody is exploited.” The vast Saharan nation didn't make slavery a crime until 2007. Only one slave owner has been successfully prosecuted.

Her baby girl, barely old enough to crawl, had been left outdoors to die.
The usually stoic mother — whose jet-black eyes and cardboard hands carry decades of sadness — wept when she saw her child’s lifeless face, eyes open and covered in ants, resting in the orange sands of the Mauritanian desert. The master who raped Moulkheir to produce the child wanted to punish his slave. He told her she would work faster without the child on her back.
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

Can't they just ban Islam in China?
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

They will if that's needed to keep their countries interests and the interests of their people.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

Time to interview our Paki friends.
Islam Khatre Mein Hay ... Yalgaar Ho !!!!! ... Oh wait that's China .... :roll:
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>I hope India quietly supports such positions.

My personal feeling is that on Islamic affairs within other countries (Muslim or otherwise), GoI does not "hold a view". That is the rational position. It is for those countries to resolve in any manner they deem fit; and the "fitness" of the solution will correspond the strength of the ideological framework within which these solutions are sought. Now, certainly there are people in GoI (I'm quite sure) who understand in a practical way what that means on the ground, i.e that no resolution is likely in the foreseeable future.

Considering that we don't particularly want more non-ideological players in a net energy exporting region with an otherwise potentially competitive populace, what's the hurry? The more time they take to resolve these details, and the more destabilising they are about it, the more time we get.

We have been a trifle delayed already by the supine governments of the last three decades, and most recently by a decade of the coward Manmohan Singh (adjective only applicable to the last 5 years). We need all the time we can get. Another 20 years of comprehensive confusion, chaos and churn in the area in question - so long as oil/gas continues to flow (and it most likely will) - is no skin off our backs, and probably more skin on it.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

JE Menon wrote:>>.

Considering that we don't particularly want more non-ideological players in a net energy exporting region with an otherwise potentially competitive populace, what's the hurry? The more time they take to resolve these details, and the more destabilising they are about it, the more time we get.

We have been a trifle delayed already by the supine governments of the last three decades, and most recently by a decade of the coward Manmohan Singh (adjective only applicable to the last 5 years). We need all the time we can get. Another 20 years of comprehensive confusion, chaos and churn in the area in question - so long as oil/gas continues to flow (and it most likely will) - is no skin off our backs, and probably more skin on it.
]

Very well put JEM. In the region, for considerably shorter period, but agree. In fact Iran US's bonhomie is also not so advantageous IMHO.

Are you still looking at East Africa and MENA. If so could we correspond? Making a transition within the region and would welcome any info.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

This is Blasphemy, any country whose miltary buys fighter Jets and miltary equipment from China are doing Blasphemy and its miltary leaders must be considered as Wajib-ul-Kattle.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Mukesh

Use my handle as one-word, then put at gmail.com and mail me. I will respond.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>In fact Iran US's bonhomie is also not so advantageous IMHO.

Why do you think not?