Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Re: Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

@ JEM

Starting from the premise that there are no permanent friends among nations only permanent national interests. Iran (Shia/ Persian) and GCC (Sunni/ Arab) will never be our friends. I would like to see the neighborhood in a dynamic equilibrium with neither side making much headway. Sort of status quo of seesaw movements (Iraq stabilized--> Syria destabilized with GCC support--> Assadfighting back in Syria with Hizbollah and Irani support--> ISIS rising in Iraq, and a possible counter movement).

Anything that breaks this gridlock is detrimental to our interests.

Iran being out of good books of US is good for us, we have higher leverage if we can use it (Cheaper and assured oil, access to market, access to C. Asia, natural counterweight to Pak). If Iran gets leverage with US (read easing of sanctions and trade restrictions, and a movement towards the US), it changes the current conditions. Then we have a Iran pro-US (with whom as a large country we will never have major alignment of interests), our leverage weakens. Till the time we are significantly stronger GCC states will be able to easily balance our demands vs. Paki's (cheaper oil, worker visas, business interests and support to terror). At this moment our ability to deal from higher ground with GCC is limited. Also, Pak with higher involvement in GCC militaries, intelligence (through deputations, retired personnel serving there), common religion will be gain there.

All in all, India needs time to grow stronger and build a robust economy, till taht time, the more the rest of the world is caught up in their own messes, better is it for us.

What is your opinion on this? Are there other factors which we need to look at?
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Drive to avoid black abayas in Sri Lanka - P.K. Balachandran, New Indian Express
A leading Muslim organization in Sri Lanka is conducting a campaign to persuade Muslim women to abjure the black abaya, the loose outer garment worn as a cloak to cover the body from the shoulders to the feet and wear coloured ones in order to make the Islamic sartorial custom acceptable to the Sinhalese majority in the country.

“Bring your black abayas, we will give you coloured abayas,” says an announcement from the Muslim Council of Sri Lanka (MCSL),a network of Muslim organizations.

“The back abaya and the niqab, the face covering which is less commonly worn, have been creating negative feelings among the majority Sinhalese-Buddhists. When everybody is in black, it gives the impression that we are a uniformed force. And the niqab has raised security concerns,” observed Mohammad Dahalan, Advisor to the All Ceylon Jamiyathul Ulama (ACJU).

One of the main reasons for the anti-Muslim feelings among the majority Sinhalese-Buddhists, which led to devastating riots in Aluthgama and Beruwela in June, is the cultural alienation of the Muslims from the Sinhalese. The Sinhalese feel that the Muslims have wantonly drifted from the general Lankan cultural milieu by adopting Arab culture wholesale. The increasing exclusiveness among Muslims has created fears about a secret dalliance with Islamic terrorism now sweeping the world - a concern expressed many times by Defence Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa.

N M Ameen, President of MCSL said that new abyas are being made. Vice President Hilmy Ahamad said that the distribution will begin in ten days.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Pakistan arms sales, ops, doctrine, etc” thread.

Disproportionate use of force in the invasion of North Waziristan under Operation Zarb-e-Azb by the Uniformed Jihadi’s of the Punjabi dominated Military of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan has resulted in 566,000 Pathan refuges per the Islamic Republic Of Pakistan’s Minister of States and Frontier Regions, Lt. Gen. (Retd) Qadir Baloch.

Disappointing that the Mohammadden world otherwise every so ready to heave up in anger at the flimsiest of excuses has not risen up in anger at the naming of this operation in North Waziristan targeting fellow Mohammaddens after the sword used by that religions founder, Mohammad. Also disappointing that the Mohammadden world otherwise every so ready to heave up in anger at the flimsiest of excuses has not risen up in anger at this operation in North Waziristan targeting fellow Mohammaddens being continued during the Mohammadden holy month of Ramadan aka Ramazan.

At home here in India, the Mohammadden population of Jammu and Kashmir should be thankful that the Indian Army has not resorted to the indiscriminate use of force for quelling acts of Mohammaddenism Terrorism there. But then again doing a stint as a refugee might make Mohammadden Kashmiri’s more sensitive to the plight of Hindu Pandit’s who have been ethnically cleansed and driven out of the Kashmir valley by Mohammadden Terrorists:

566,000 registered as IDPs, meeting told
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

“Jihad from the Rear” or “Anal Jihad” joins the words spawned by Mohammadden practices such as “Love Jihad” in India and “Sex Jihad” in Syria.

As Intra Mohammadden squabble gets downright nasty, Egyptian Mohammadden Cleric Mazher Shahin reveals that fellow Egyptian Mohammadden rivals in the Muslim Brotherhood have a fatwa permitting anal sex during times of jihad.

Fatwa Permits "Anal Jihad" for Muslim Brotherhood Members

Not the first time that there have been reports of Mohammadden Clerics permitting homosexual activity in support of jihad. Earlier in 2012 there were reports of Mohammadden Clerics declaring that it was permissible to be sodomised if the purpose was to facilitate hiding a bomb in the rectum for the purpose of waging jihad:

Sodomy "For the Sake of Islam"
Muns
BRFite

Post by Muns »

Decided to buy a app on google play called Islamic Stories app for muslims and non muslims : Reviews were good : "Mashallah, this is good app and I read to my children stories every night" said one reader. Wanted to share some of these choice stories with you :

Story 1 : A Muslim Scholar faces a Hindu Man :

Once a famous Muslim Scholar of India was travelling by train. His seat was beside a Hindu man. Due to the extreme hatred for Muslims, the Hindu man moved away a little from the scholar. The scholar smiled at him and didn't get offended. After a while, the Hindu man took out a blanket and covered his body so that even the breath of the scholar doesn't touch his body. Later, the Hindu man had to go to the toilet. Upon seeing the dirty condition of the toilet, the Hindu man ran back saying "Raam Raam." The scholar asked about what happened and the Hindu man said that the condition of the toilet is very disgusting. At that, the scholar got up and with some water went inside the toilet and cleaned the toilet completely. Then he came back to the Hindu man and told him to go in because it's now clean. The Hindu man didn't know what to do. But anyway, he went in and relieved himself. He is now thinking that no ordinary man could do what the Muslim scholar did. So, he came to the scholar and asked "Who taught you how to behave like this?" The scholar replied "Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)." Then the hindu man wanted to know more about Islam and the prophet. When they reached their destination, the Hindu man looked back to the scholar and said "I will never forget what you've taught me today."

Story 2 : A bus driver converts to Islam :

Several years ago an Imam moved to London, United Kingdom. He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a twenty pence (a.k.a 'tuppence') too much change.

As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only tuppence. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Allah (swt) and keep quiet."

When his stop came, the Imam paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change". The driver with a smile, replied,"Aren't you the new Imam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your Mosque.I just wanted to see what you would do, if I gave you too much change."

When the Imam, stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, and held on for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried: "Oh Allah, I almost sold You and Islam for twenty pence!"

Story 3 : The following story is about a brother from Guyana who became a Muslim from being a Hindu and Christian Priest for 10 years.

His current name is Ahmed Tabarani. He was born in a poor Hindu family in Guyana. However, he used to dislike worshipping statues since his childhood. As he grew up, he became connected with the local Church because they worshipped three divine beings (God, Jesus and Holy Spirit) rather than worshipping hundreds of idols. Eventually, he became a Christian and studied for many years to become a Christian priest. The Church hired him and paid for all his travelling and living expenses. His family became very pleased to see that because he became a Christian, their poverty was removed. As a result, the whole family became Christians. During the 10 years of serving as a Priest, he always used to wake up at night and meditate. He used to ask God to show him whether he was following the truth. In one such nights, he had a vision. He saw that three people dressed in white long throbes, wearing turban and beard are walking towards him and these people are to show him the true religion. After seeing this vision, many years passed by but he didn't see such a thing happening. But one day, a group of Muslims (part of Tabligh Jamah) visited a Masjid near his place to call people towards Allah. That afternoon, as he was going to the Church, he saw three of these Muslims are coming towards him. Immediately, he remembered his vision. These three Muslims resembled exactly what he saw in the vision. Then he approached them and asked what religion they follow. The Muslims told him about Islam and he became a Muslim on the spot and quit being a priest. Poverty again took over his family as he quit his job. All his family members, especially his mother, became angry at him for becoming a Muslim. But he said the following words to his mother, "Dear mother, I could give you a new pair of shoes, but they will become worn out. I could give you a new dress, but that too will become old and ripped. But I can give you something that will never finish. My mother, say 'There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger.'" The mother was really touched by this statement and became a Muslim. Following her, everyone else in the family also became Muslims. For 15 years, Ahmed Tabarani is a practising Muslim serving Islam with his total energy. He is currently living in Canada.

Story 4 : Enemies accept Islam at once :

On his way to Madinah, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) met Abu Buraidah, one of those driven by their lust for the reward of Quraish. No sooner did he face the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and talk with him, than he embraced Islam along with seventy of his men. He took off his turban, tied it round his lance and took it as a banner bearing witness that the angel of security and peace had come to imbue the whole world with justice and fairness

Story 5 : Toilets of Satan :

In a Masjid of France, a Shaikh turned to see only a few people who were present for Fajr Salah. Then he gave a short talk to remind them to be dutiful to their Lord. When talking about the current condition of the Muslim Ummah, he broke into tears and said the following words: The Muslims have become the toilets of Satan. Someone from the gathering asked the Shaikh to explain what he has just said. Then the Shaikh narrated the following hadith from Bukhari that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked about a man who sleeps until the morning comes, that is, after the time of the dawn prayer. He said, "That is a man whom Satan has urinated into his two ears."

Wonderful and life enriching stories for muslim children and the ummah as a whole. So many values and morals to show us the right path daily...now everyone repeat the Shahada.......... :roll:
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

Muns wrote:Decided to buy a app on google play called Islamic Stories app for muslims and non muslims : Reviews were good : "Mashallah, this is good app and I read to my children stories every night" said one reader. Wanted to share some of these choice stories with you :

Story 1 : A Muslim Scholar faces a Hindu Man :

Once a famous Muslim Scholar of India was travelling by train. His seat was beside a Hindu man. Due to the extreme hatred for Muslims, the Hindu man moved away a little from the scholar. The scholar smiled at him and didn't get offended. After a while, the Hindu man took out a blanket and covered his body so that even the breath of the scholar doesn't touch his body. Later, the Hindu man had to go to the toilet. Upon seeing the dirty condition of the toilet, the Hindu man ran back saying "Raam Raam." The scholar asked about what happened and the Hindu man said that the condition of the toilet is very disgusting. At that, the scholar got up and with some water went inside the toilet and cleaned the toilet completely. Then he came back to the Hindu man and told him to go in because it's now clean. The Hindu man didn't know what to do. But anyway, he went in and relieved himself. He is now thinking that no ordinary man could do what the Muslim scholar did. So, he came to the scholar and asked "Who taught you how to behave like this?" The scholar replied "Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him)." Then the hindu man wanted to know more about Islam and the prophet. When they reached their destination, the Hindu man looked back to the scholar and said "I will never forget what you've taught me today."

Story 2 : A bus driver converts to Islam :

Several years ago an Imam moved to London, United Kingdom. He often took the bus from his home to the downtown area. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the same bus. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a twenty pence (a.k.a 'tuppence') too much change.

As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, you better give the twenty pence back. It would be wrong to keep it. Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only tuppence. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from Allah (swt) and keep quiet."

When his stop came, the Imam paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the twenty pence back to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change". The driver with a smile, replied,"Aren't you the new Imam in this area? I have been thinking lately about going to worship at your Mosque.I just wanted to see what you would do, if I gave you too much change."

When the Imam, stepped off the bus, his knees became weak and soft, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, and held on for support, and looked up to the heavens and cried: "Oh Allah, I almost sold You and Islam for twenty pence!"

Story 3 : The following story is about a brother from Guyana who became a Muslim from being a Hindu and Christian Priest for 10 years.

His current name is Ahmed Tabarani. He was born in a poor Hindu family in Guyana. However, he used to dislike worshipping statues since his childhood. As he grew up, he became connected with the local Church because they worshipped three divine beings (God, Jesus and Holy Spirit) rather than worshipping hundreds of idols. Eventually, he became a Christian and studied for many years to become a Christian priest. The Church hired him and paid for all his travelling and living expenses. His family became very pleased to see that because he became a Christian, their poverty was removed. As a result, the whole family became Christians. During the 10 years of serving as a Priest, he always used to wake up at night and meditate. He used to ask God to show him whether he was following the truth. In one such nights, he had a vision. He saw that three people dressed in white long throbes, wearing turban and beard are walking towards him and these people are to show him the true religion. After seeing this vision, many years passed by but he didn't see such a thing happening. But one day, a group of Muslims (part of Tabligh Jamah) visited a Masjid near his place to call people towards Allah. That afternoon, as he was going to the Church, he saw three of these Muslims are coming towards him. Immediately, he remembered his vision. These three Muslims resembled exactly what he saw in the vision. Then he approached them and asked what religion they follow. The Muslims told him about Islam and he became a Muslim on the spot and quit being a priest. Poverty again took over his family as he quit his job. All his family members, especially his mother, became angry at him for becoming a Muslim. But he said the following words to his mother, "Dear mother, I could give you a new pair of shoes, but they will become worn out. I could give you a new dress, but that too will become old and ripped. But I can give you something that will never finish. My mother, say 'There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His Messenger.'" The mother was really touched by this statement and became a Muslim. Following her, everyone else in the family also became Muslims. For 15 years, Ahmed Tabarani is a practising Muslim serving Islam with his total energy. He is currently living in Canada.

Story 4 : Enemies accept Islam at once :

On his way to Madinah, the Prophet (Peace be upon him) met Abu Buraidah, one of those driven by their lust for the reward of Quraish. No sooner did he face the Prophet (Peace be upon him) and talk with him, than he embraced Islam along with seventy of his men. He took off his turban, tied it round his lance and took it as a banner bearing witness that the angel of security and peace had come to imbue the whole world with justice and fairness

Story 5 : Toilets of Satan :

In a Masjid of France, a Shaikh turned to see only a few people who were present for Fajr Salah. Then he gave a short talk to remind them to be dutiful to their Lord. When talking about the current condition of the Muslim Ummah, he broke into tears and said the following words: The Muslims have become the toilets of Satan. Someone from the gathering asked the Shaikh to explain what he has just said. Then the Shaikh narrated the following hadith from Bukhari that the Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked about a man who sleeps until the morning comes, that is, after the time of the dawn prayer. He said, "That is a man whom Satan has urinated into his two ears."

Wonderful and life enriching stories for muslim children and the ummah as a whole. So many values and morals to show us the right path daily...now everyone repeat the Shahada.......... :roll:
When do they get to the kind, considerate and benevolent bombers??
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28177841
Images posted on social media appear to show the destruction of about a dozen places of worship across northern Iraq, in areas recently taken over by extremist militants.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Muns: These stories that you advertising here are all lies. We have had more than enough of these stories in the Dharmic faiths. Rather you should tell the stories of exploits of Mohammad to your children and prepare your family for Jihad!
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

uddu wrote:In pictures: Isis destroys Iraq shrines
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28177841
Images posted on social media appear to show the destruction of about a dozen places of worship across northern Iraq, in areas recently taken over by extremist militants.
This is great news. Get the greens to fight and exterminate other greens. Islam is a religion of contradictions and if you put all Muslims in one big area, they will fight about it and kill one another. If an outsider attacks, they will unite to fight the outsider.

So this is a great development. Reduce the population of greens by natural means.
harbans
BRF Oldie

Post by harbans »

A lot of Muslims have been fed these stories of peace, justice particularly the neo convert types. SM is blowing part these fantasies and delivering the realities of the true message. The trouble is once hooked, then justifying the obvious incongruencies becomes difficult. Then it's a open fly torn shirt approach. Then it's my religion and your religion. Every bit of the way the get deeper into the rut. Ultimately at one point of time the justification for preserving 'my way' involves violence, jihad. The real virus is planted with these messages that don't actually reflect the political ambition of Islam. No one at an entry stage thinks this involves changing Executive, Judicial and Legislative functions which Islam actually requires to function. And if it requires these changes i don't see how its doctrine should not be classified as a political one like Marxism, Maoism, Nazism etc.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

@ Mukesh

This will probably be a bit long, but what the hell…

>>Starting from the premise that there are no permanent friends among nations only permanent national interests. Iran (Shia/ Persian) and GCC (Sunni/ Arab) will never be our friends.

There is a contradiction between sentence one and two above. If one is true, we cannot say two because they may be our friends at some point for some time. In fact, it is probably not advisable to think of countries as “friends” (i.e. personification of nation states). These are just interest groups with territory and other characteristics which we must deal with to advantage (given our own interests and characteristics). Ideally, we should be able to deal with everyone.

>>I would like to see the neighborhood in a dynamic equilibrium with neither side making much headway. Sort of status quo of seesaw movements (Iraq stabilized--> Syria destabilized with GCC support--> Assadfighting back in Syria with Hizbollah and Irani support--> ISIS rising in Iraq, and a possible counter movement).

In the current configuration of interests and characteristics prevalent in the region, the above is in my view at least the most suitable situation for us – provided oil/gas export security is maintained either with the current leadership or any other configuration that emerges (including a consortium of non-Arab states controlling the area) in which India has a substantial part to play.

>>Anything that breaks this gridlock is detrimental to our interests.

For now, certainly. The regional players might as well expend their negative energies on each other. Perhaps it is time for an article: “Is Stability in the Middle East in the Interest of the Non-Muslim World”?

>>Iran being out of good books of US is good for us, we have higher leverage if we can use it (Cheaper and assured oil, access to market, access to C. Asia, natural counterweight to Pak).

Not necessarily. Iran will sell oil and will not prevent our access to market or to Central Asia if its relations with the US improve. It is as you put it, a “natural counterweight” to Pak, but not because of its opposition to the US alone. Indeed, the counterweight aspect may be enhanced by an improvement in relationship with the US. Our leverage with Iran is probably more tactical (issue by issue rather) than strategic. We have some strategic convergences, but that’s about it.

>>If Iran gets leverage with US (read easing of sanctions and trade restrictions, and a movement towards the US), it changes the current conditions.

Certainly, but I’m not sure why you assume it will leave us worse off than now…

>> Then we have a Iran pro-US (with whom as a large country we will never have major alignment of interests), our leverage weakens.

Again, why not? Why won’t we have convergence of some interests? I’m trying to understand your thinking on this… maybe you are right, would like to know.

>>Till the time we are significantly stronger GCC states will be able to easily balance our demands vs. Paki's (cheaper oil, worker visas, business interests and support to terror).

Not sure if you are aware, but our trade with the GCC is on the order of $160Bn/year… Not small pickings by any means (and that I think excludes the remittance factor). Not sure that Pakistan factors in this calculus, with GCC leaders except Saudi (and that too is getting a bit old).

>>At this moment our ability to deal from higher ground with GCC is limited. Also, Pak with higher involvement in GCC militaries, intelligence (through deputations, retired personnel serving there), common religion will be gain there.

This is not going to end. Nor should we expect it to. A subsidized Pakistan is much more useful and much less of a pain in the nether regions to us than a non-dependent, economically self-sustaining and strategically uncircumscribed Pakistan. We should make the requisite noises about GCC support for Pak military and Pak military infilthration into the GCC security establishment, but must not overdo it because that is an easier configuration to undermine than both being independently stronger (which they would be if they had no other choice).

Sorry for the slightly delayed reply - flying about.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

Shreeman wrote:probably has been posted elsewhere...

congratulations.
In the comment section
8:01 AM EDT
Wow, a Supreme Court declaring that the law is above religion. Someone needs to send this article to the US Supreme Court ASAP so they can lean about the concept.
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

Even in Tahiti, Muslims are a problem

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/07/0 ... a-problem/
Cosmo_R
BRF Oldie

Post by Cosmo_R »

I assume this has already been posted elsewhere but I could not find it:

http://www.wired.com/2012/05/total-war-islam/

The U.S. military taught its future leaders that a “total war” against the world’s 1.4 billion Muslims would be necessary to protect America from Islamic terrorists, according to documents obtained by Danger Room. Among the options considered for that conflict: using the lessons of “Hiroshima” to wipe out whole cities at once, targeting the “civilian population wherever necessary.”

Read the PDFd PowerPoint Slides
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Exclusive: Iraq tells U.N. that 'terrorist groups' seized nuclear materials
Insurgents in Iraq have seized nuclear materials used for scientific research at a university in the country's north, Iraq told the United Nations in a letter appealing for help to "stave off the threat of their use by terrorists in Iraq or abroad."
Nearly 40 kilograms (88 pounds) of uranium compounds were kept at Mosul University :eek:
"Terrorist groups have seized control of nuclear material at the sites that came out of the control of the state"
He warned that they could also be smuggled out of Iraq.
the materials were not believed to be enriched uranium and therefore would be difficult to use to manufacture into a weapon
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Interesting article. Cry us a river. Bottom line - pakis are drama queens.
most Pakistanis still claim their people to be quite ‘jazbati’ (emotional).
The claim has become a catch-all excuse to explain away the many embarrassing moments that continue to keep us under the critical eye of other nations.
It may be horrid episodes of ‘honour killings,’ or events in which mobs beat and burn to death perceived ‘blasphemers,’ or people foaming at the mouth and calling anyone they disagree with a ‘traitor,’ ‘kafir,’ or ‘foreign agent’.
Apparently, all this happens... ‘because we are a very emotional nation.’
I remember in 2007 during a ‘special lecture’ that one such character delivered on a local TV channel on Pakistan’s day of independence (August 14), he regularly punctuated his usual spiel against Jews, Hindus, the US and politicians with sobs and tears.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Remember that demonstration by Sikhs in pakjab over the desecration of their holy book? Well, here's a follow up. Inquiry raps police, admin over stormy Sikh protest
A judicial inquiry into the storming of the Parliament House by Sikh protestors in May, over the burning of their holy book in Sindh, has found both the police and the federal capital administration responsible for the fiasco.
Additional District Commissioner Abdul Sattar Essani permitted the protest rally when Sec 144 was in force in Islamabad
“All the forces were deployed to monitor the rally of PTI (Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf) and no heed was paid to the relatively less important mob of comprising of Sikhs that ultimately entered into the parliament building,” the sources quoted the report as saying.
Police laxity beyond the Red Zone allowed the protestors to reach the Red Zone
Inside the Red Zone, SP City Mustansar Feroze, DSP Secretariat Fida Hussain Satti, SP Habibullah Niazi, ASP Zahida Bukhari in-charge of security in the parliament, and SHO Secretariat Abdul Rehman handled the situation in “a thoroughly unprofessional manner” by not stopping the entry of Sikhs through force
So, instead of finding the culprit(s) who desecrated the Sikh holy book, the inquiry is basically putting the blame on the pakjabi cops for not using enough force to prevent the rally. Yes, in true pakjabi fashion, they wanted to see some crushed skulls and bones, and a few casualties.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Muslim businessman and alleged terror financier killed in Mombasa

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/thecount ... in-mombasa

The article suggests Indian-origin, although in the case of many (if not most) 2nd or 3rd generation sub-continental Muslims in East Africa, the place of origin lies current day Pakistan (specifically Punjab). Many prefer to refer to themselves as "Indian" for obvious reasons.

In the scene below, Amit Shah examines the vehicle (why is he not handling BJP matters in India, why didn't he do a big-bang budget, why is he wearing a T-shirt, etc. - standard disclaimers apply):

http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/news/2014/07 ... n-mombasa/
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Germany is an important hub for Islamist extremism. The 9/11 terroristsfrom Hamburg, those jihadists who came to Af-Pak after c. 2001, those who are fighting now in Shams etc are cases in point.

In Germany, a mission to deradicalize young Muslims - Alison Smale
Barely 5 feet tall, Claudia Dantschke was dwarfed by the lectern when she spoke at a recent gathering of German experts on Islam, its challenges to democracy and especially the luring of teenagers from Europe to join the war in Syria.

But that certainly did not stop Ms. Dantschke from being heard. Stocky, plainly dressed, she is a breathless fountain of words, one of Germany’s most prominent experts on its roughly 4 million Muslims, yet one who keeps her activities and research so firmly anchored in the community that she says she is rarely viewed as a threat.

Ms. Dantschke (51) has counselled scores of families trying to prevent their sons and even some of their daughters from embarking on the path to jihad with extremist Muslim groups in Syria. The war is no abstraction in Germany, just a drive of a day or two away. That is particularly true for Turks born and raised here, who need no passport and no interpreter to enter Turkey and then hop over the border.

Officially, at least 320 young men from Germany have made their way to the war, though Ms. Dantschke thinks the number is closer to 500. About 20 to 25 of them, including one just 16 years old, have been killed, and around 100 have returned, officials say. Although Ms. Dantschke believes that only about 15 of those have real battlefield experience, the authorities fear what they might do with any skills they picked up. Ms. Dantschke has gained a growing role in Germany’s response because she was one of the first to raise alarms about the threat of radical Islam — in the 1990s, when few here even acknowledged Turkish “guest workers” as permanent residents.

Her life is woven from random threads of recent history: an upbringing in Communist East Germany that fostered a thirst for things foreign; a rigorous education as an Arabist; a jolt, with Germany’s reunification, from secure state employment to joblessness; a rare entree into Berlin’s Turkish community; two decades of fighting first right-wing and then Islamic extremism. “I got to know West Germany through the Turks,” Ms. Dantschke said in a recent interview.

The outcome is someone who knows the often insular Turkish and Muslim communities here from the inside, but also sets great store by family, perhaps from an early life of inward resistance in her family to Communism.

Using methods originally devised to wean young East Germans off far-right ideologies, Ms. Dantschke tries to combat Islamists’ appeal to German youths, an attraction that has intensified over the past year. Recruiters give away Korans or proselytise as fundamentalist Salafi preachers. Jihadis post German-language videos extolling their new life. Ms. Dantschke monitors it all.

From the 1990s until just recently, Ms. Dantschke lived hand-to-mouth, working as a journalist and translator, or on social projects that teetered from one government or foundation handout to the next. That made her — well before the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, a plot hatched in part in Germany — a “deep connoisseur” of Muslim groups, said Bernd Wagner, a criminologist who is also from East Germany.

By 2001, he had engaged Ms. Dantschke to combat right-wing extremism at his Center for Democratic Culture in Berlin, where she now runs her program, Hayat. The greater recognition of the need to integrate Muslims into German society means that Ms. Dantschke’s voice now carries to the state and federal governments, and to the national news media.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the “Oppression Of Minorities In Pakistan” thread.

Followers of one Abrahamic religion (Christism), flee religious persecution from a country (Islamic Republic Of Pakistan) ruled by followers of another Abrahamic religion (Mohammaddenism) and seek refuge in a country (Thailand) ruled by followers of a Dharmic Religion (Buddhism).

Followers of Abrahamic religions it would seem :
1.See nothing wrong in persecuting the follower of another Abrahamic religion.
2.Place greater faith in escaping religious persecution in Dharmic lands rather than in lands governed by fellow Abrahamics.

Packing their bags: Christians moving to Thailand to escape violence, insecurity
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

Iraq insurgents to Christians: Convert, pay tax, or die
"We offer them three choices: Islam; the dhimma contract — involving payment of jizya; if they refuse this they will have nothing but the sword," the announcement said..

Islamist insurgents have issued an ultimatum to northern Iraq's dwindling Christian population to either convert to Islam, pay a religious levy or face death, according to a statement distributed in the militant-controlled city of Mosul.

The statement issued by the Islamic State, the al-Qaida offshoot which led last month's lightning assault to capture swathes of north Iraq, and seen by Reuters, said the ruling would come into effect on Saturday.
It said Christians who wanted to remain in the "caliphate" that the Islamic State declared this month in parts of Iraq and Syria must agree to abide by terms of a "dhimma" contract — a historic practice under which non-Muslims were protected in Muslim lands in return for a special levy known as "jizya".

A resident of Mosul said the statement, issued in the name of the Islamic State in Iraq's northern province of Nineveh, had been distributed on Thursday and read out in mosques.

It said Islamic State leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, which the group has now named Caliph Ibrahim, had set a Saturday deadline for Christians who did not want to stay and live under those terms to "leave the borders of the Islamic Caliphate".

"After this date, there is nothing between us and them but the sword," it said.

The Nineveh decree echoes one that the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, the former name for the Islamic State, issued in the Syrian city of Raqqa in February, demanding that Christians pay the jizya levy in gold and curb displays of their faith in return for protection.

The concept of dhimma, governing non-Muslims living under Islamic rule, dates back to the early Islamic era in the seventh century, but was largely abolished during the Ottoman reforms of the mid-19th century.

Mosul, once home to diverse faiths, had a Christian population of around 100,000 a decade ago, but waves of attacks on Christians since the 2003 US-led invasion to topple Saddam Hussein have seen those numbers collapse.

The resident of Mosul who saw the Islamic State announcement estimated the city's Christian population before last month's militant takeover at around 5,000. The vast bulk of those have since fled, leaving perhaps only 200 in the city, he said.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/worl ... 663454.cms
Peregrine
BRF Oldie

Islamism & Islamophobia Abroad - News & Analysis

Post by Peregrine »

90 pc of slain Muslims killed by 'brothers': Turkey's religious head
ISTANBUL : One thousand Muslims are being killed each day and 90 percent of the killers are also Muslims, head of Turkey's Directorate of Religious Affairs (Diyanet) has said.

"They are being killed by their brothers, not only in Syria and Iraq, but also in Libya, Pakistan, Africa and Myanmar,"
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Görmez said in his address to the participants of "World Islamic Scholars, Peace, Moderation and Commonsense Initiative" conference in Istanbul on July 19.

Görmez cited "some studies" without specifying the exact source for the figures he quoted.
Cheers Image
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the last few 100 ancient christian families left in Mosul yesterday packed their bags and left for kurdish areas, obeying a diktat to either convert to islam by noon, or pay jaziya in gold, or leave asap or face the sword.
on outskirts of town, gunmen took away everything but the shirts on their backs.

apparently there had been christians in Mosul for 2000 years since earliest days of christendom.
uddu
BRF Oldie

Post by uddu »

Religion of violence and hatred.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fe04KZUeEg

Zakir Naik's son cuts loose - it's ridiculous, hilarious, sad and alarming all at the same time.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Peregrine wrote: 90 pc of slain Muslims killed by 'brothers': Turkey's religious head
ISTANBUL : One thousand Muslims are being killed each day and 90 percent of the killers are also Muslims, head of Turkey's Directorate of Religious Affairs (Diyanet) has said.

"They are being killed by their brothers, not only in Syria and Iraq, but also in Libya, Pakistan, Africa and Myanmar,"
Prof. Dr. Mehmet Görmez said in his address to the participants of "World Islamic Scholars, Peace, Moderation and Commonsense Initiative" conference in Istanbul on July 19.

Görmez cited "some studies" without specifying the exact source for the figures he quoted.
Cheers Image

Turkey's religious head needs to get his head examined by mullahs. Looks like he didn't get the message. Muslims dont kill Muslims. 8)
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Britain plans new laws to prevent female genital mutilation
https://news.yahoo.com/britain-plans-me ... 09193.html
LONDONABAD (Reuters) - Britain will introduce new laws to combat female genital mutilation (FGM) including making it compulsory for teachers and health workers to report cases, Prime Minister David Cameron said on Tuesday.The government, hosting a one-day London summit on FGM and forced marriage, also announced 1.4 million pounds (1.4 million pounds) of funding for an prevention programme and said it would enact legislation that would see parents prosecuted if they fail to prevent their daughter undergoing such a practice."It's absolutely clear what we are trying to achieve...and that is to outlaw the practices of female genital mutilation and childhood and early forced marriage; to outlaw them everywhere, for everyone, within this generation," Cameron said.
FGM, the partial or total removal of external female genitalia, is a tradition practised widely in many African and Muslim countries and often justified as a means of suppressing a woman's sexual desire to prevent "immoral" behaviour.
Worldwide, more than 130 million girls and women have undergone FGM and more than 700 million women alive today were children when they were married.Ministers and officials from Pakistan, Somalia, Ethiopia, India, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Zambia and others also pledged to step up efforts to tackle both issues.But UNICEF warned that population growth, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa, meant the number of FGM victims would soar and there would be no decline in the number of child brides unless global action was dramatically accelerated.Cameron said ending FGM and child marriage was a global challenge on a par with eradicating poverty and tackling diseases."We are dealing with a preventable evil. This does not need to happen," he told the summit attended by more than 500 delegates from 50 countries.Malala Yousafzai, the Pakistani schoolgirl and girl's rights campaigner who was shot in the head by the Taliban in 2012, said getting girls into school was the best way to fight child marriage and FGM.She told the summit it was wrong to think that Islam was against women's education and empowerment and urged those who thought so to go back to the Koran.FGM has been a criminal offence in Britain since 1985 but new legislation in 2003 introduced a maximum prison sentence of 14 years. The 2003 act also made it an offence for British citizens to carry out or procure FGM abroad, even in countries where the practice is legal.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

ISIS has issued farman for genital mutilation of women aged 11-46 in the territory they've captured.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SanjayC
BRFite

Post by SanjayC »

Daft and dangerous: Muslim scholar's plan for a militia to fight global jihad
I'm not sure if the name Maulana Syed Salman Hussaini Nadvi will ring a bell in many places. My own first reaction when I heard it was “Nadvi, who?”

But apparently he is a big cheese in Islamic circles.An influential theologian and author of numerous scholarly tomes in Urdu and Arabic, Nadvi is Dean of the Faculty of Shariah at Darul Uloom Nadwa, Lucknow, whose reputation as a premier institution of Islamic teaching ranks in the same class as Darul Uloom, Deoband. He is also a member of the All-India Muslim Personal Law Board and Aligarh Muslim University’s court, its highest decision-making body.

So, what he says matters and carries weight. It is important to stress this because what he has done has shocked even conservative Muslims. Nadvi has written a long and passionate letter (in Arabic!) to the Saudi government offering to raise a militia of 500,000 Sunni Muslim Indian youth as his contribution to a "powerful global Islamic army" he has proposed in order to fight Shia militants in Iraq and "help Muslims in need" elsewhere. The army would become part of a Caliphate that he wants Saudis to set up for the Muslim ummah, the international Muslim community.

He also suggested that terrorists should not be referred to as terrorists as they were engaged in a “noble cause’’ and called for a “confederation’’ of all jihadi organisations so that they could transform themselves into a single “powerful global force
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

The lack of any Mohammadden outrage of significance at the destruction of Mohammadden shrines for individuals mentioned in the Quran / Koran such as Younas (Jonah), leads me to conclude that Mohammadden protests at the demolition of a derelict Mosque built by demolishing a Hindu shrine, namely Babri Masjid, should be dismissed as nothing more than manufactured outrage to support the theme of Mohammadden “victimisation”. Practice followed by adherents of Mohammaddenism in Mohammadden majority countries, going by frequency of occurrence, and the lack of significant protest by Mohammaddens about these events, clearly indicates that destruction of own religious shrines is not a taboo activity in Mohammaddenism.

Since I have not come across a single instance over the past decade of a Buddhist blowing up a Buddhist shrine, Christist blowing up a Christist shrine, Confucian blowing up a Confucian shrine, Jew blowing up a Jewish shrine, Jain blowing up a Jain shrine, Parsi blowing up a Parsi shrine, Sikh blowing up a Sikh shrine, Shinto blowing up a Shinto shrine or Taoist blowing up a Taoist shrine, I have been compelled to conclude that this deviant behaviour is a uniquely Mohammadden practise:

ISIS blow up Prophet Younis (AS) tomb in Mosul: official
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the "Oppression of Minorities In Pakistan" thread.

There is no compulsion in Islam :wink: :

Four Ahmadis booked for ‘preaching’
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

A jihadi from down under, from the land where the famous fatwa - uncovered meat left outside the refrigerator was epitomized displays his trophies (Graphic):
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/j ... -1.1880260
An Australian jihadist chillingly smiled while holding up several decapitated heads in front of a camera in Syria before spearing them to an iron fence for viewers on Twitter Thursday
Neela
BRF Oldie

Post by Neela »

There is something about the decapitated human head , skull that the Islamists revel in.
In the post above, the Aussie boxer Mohamed Elomar is seen doing the same. Unsanitised versions are there if you search the net. Elomar and his brothers are seen impaling human heads on the fence.
Scroll back 700 years . In Ganga Devi's MadhuraVijayam , where a woman laments to Kampanna on the state of Madurapuri ( Madurai)
under the Sultanate

Code: Select all

The gardens of madurA were once famous for its nAlikera-trees. The turuShka-s have chopped down the nAlikera-s and replaced these with terrible iron-shUla-s upon which are adorned the garlands of human skulls to terrify the people. 
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Mohammaddens encroach on land of Sikh place of worship i.e. Gurudwara in Saharanpur, UP. Mohammaddens attack Sikhs looking to stop encroachment. Ensuing riots result in two deaths, both Sikh :

Saharanpur clash leaves two dead, both Sikhs, and 19 injured

Pictures:

Saharanpur riots: Exclusive pics of the Muslim-Sikh clash
JwalaMukhi
BRFite

Post by JwalaMukhi »

There is something about the decapitated human head , skull that the Islamists revel in.
In the post above, the Aussie boxer Mohamed Elomar is seen doing the same. Unsanitised versions are there if you search the net. Elomar and his brothers are seen impaling human heads on the fence.
Scroll back 700 years . In Ganga Devi's MadhuraVijayam , where a woman laments to Kampanna on the state of Madurapuri ( Madurai)
under the Sultanate
The "violence" is the ONLY and principal arbiter of holding the society in islamism. It behooves jihadis to be adept at violence and gore, which are necessary and sufficient condition to hold court, at all times. The section of society that actually enjoys (yes sadism at its best) and perpetrates that ruthlessly, occupies the highest position in islamic society. It thrives on violence. No violence, no islamism. The more sadistic the violence, the more it leads to temporary consolidation of power and personal salvation for islamists. Only mass theraphy that violence is not monopoly of jihadis and frequent demonstration to that effect will cure the jihadi supporters, but for jhadis themselves the cure lies in the 72 raisins in the jahnat.