Indo-UK News & Discussion 9th Aug 2011

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Re: Indo-UK News & Discussion 9th Aug 2011

Post by Philip »

The real legacy of Tony B.Liar! A devastating denunciation of a warmonger and war criminal.

War, debt, drunkenness, a broken nation: the real legacy of Tony Blair
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/norma ... ony-blair/
Norman Tebbit

Lord Tebbit of Chingford is one of Britain's most outspoken conservative commentators and politicians. He was a senior cabinet minister in Margaret Thatcher's government and is a former Chairman of the Conservative Party. He has also worked in journalism, publishing, advertising and was a pilot in the RAF and British Overseas Airways.

War, debt, drunkenness, a broken nation: the real legacy of Tony Blair
By Norman Tebbit Politics Last updated: May 2nd, 2012

Tony Blair: a bleak legacy

Fifteen years ago, the carefully stage-managed crowds cheered as their hero arrived in Downing Street to take office on a wave of hopes for a better Britain. What was his legacy? What did Tony Blair achieve? Debt, war, ignorance, welfare dependency, social division.

The crushing burden of debt has held back our wealth creating industries, left us with higher taxes, lower pensions, higher prices, and fewer jobs

Blair's wars – the ill-conceived invasion of Iraq and the consequential war in Afghanistan – have left thousands of our servicemen dead or injured, tens of thousands civilians dead or injured, a prosperous secular Iraqi middle class destroyed, Islamic extremism gaining in strength, and our historical friendly relationship with Pakistan soured.

Blairite education policies have brought about an upsurge in illiteracy and innumeracy, and left a generation of near-unemployable young people.

High taxes, low tax thresholds and distorted welfare policies have created an army of welfare junkies, families in which no one works or indeed intends to work, and a culture in which idleness often pays better than employment.

A welter of "equality" legislation, the doctrines of political correctness which have inhibited robust debate, 'elf 'n' safety regulations which inhibit rational behaviour and a calculated confusion of entitlements with rights combined with uncounted, uncontrolled, unlimited immigration and the sickness of multiculturalism, have torn society apart and led to racial and cultural tension and near-apartheid by consent in parts of our cities.

Blair's licensing law reforms have brought back Hogarth's Gin Lane to a city centre near you.

Mr Blair's complicity in the vast extension of powers of Brussels and the creation of a European Union with almost all the attributes of a sovereign state may well prove to be the step too far which precipitates the collapse of the whole construction, but it will be at a heavy price.

There is comfort to be found in the rational response of one-time Labour voters, some 5 million of whom deserted the party during the Blair-Brown years.

None the less there is one matter wherein he has achieved extraordinary success. His creature Lord Mandelson famously remarked that he was relaxed about people getting filthy rich. His master Mr Blair has certainly done that. But his riches are not just filthy. Much of his wealth has been made in the United States and to some of us it carries the reek of the blood of the British servicemen whose services he contracted out to President Bush in their Middle Eastern wars.

He at least has done well out of his time as Prime Minister.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Days of the Raj remembered: Amazing collection of photographs depicting life in India a century ago are found in an old shoebox

..................And dammit, you wogs should be so grateful.

The comments are amusing to say the least.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1uD7SB91Q
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

X-post:

Rochdale grooming trial: Nine British Pakistanis found guilty of child sex charges

This case sparked protests and demonstrations by youths in Heywood.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

More on Mike Davis's book

Review by Sukhdev Sandhu (dated)

Famines that Fed Empires

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2001/ja ... oks.famine
Droughts don't lead to famines
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Carl wrote:X-post:

Rochdale grooming trial: Nine British Pakistanis found guilty of child sex charges

This case sparked protests and demonstrations by youths in Heywood.
WTH is wrong with brit civil society. Child ***** and sex is so much on the massa media (to catch a predator) series, that people are afraid to even pat unknown children on the head, lest they be accused of being a pedophile.

Is it a case of these girls being from a 'under class'..something like the blacks of the US (white girl goes missing, its on the news every day for many months (natalee holloway), while black girls get hardly a mention) and regular people just don't care or is it a case of being intimidated because of accusations of racism and islamophobia will fly thick and fast towards anyone who says anything?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

victims are usually from broken homes or in the care system. youngsters who are seeking approval, affection and happy to get gifts and favours, including drugs. the paksters have tapped into this vulnerability - absolutely predatory
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Advait
BRFite

Post by Advait »

I have noticed that whenever Daily Mail carries reports of Paki men who have been caught pimping/raping white girls(all of them - tweens and teens), it switches off the comments section "for legal reasons". Shows that they know what the average Brit thinks of Pakis. :twisted:
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

Muslim woman jailed for wrongly accusing Hindu of rape

London : A 21-year-old Asian Muslim woman in Britain has been sentenced to jail for four years after she pretended she was raped by her Hindu boyfriend and arranged for his kidnapping and torture by a gang.

The accused Sonia Begum told her cousin Shahen Ahmed that the 22-year-old Hindu man had sexually assaulted her. Ahmed rounded up a gang who kidnapped the boyfriend, the Daily Mail reported.

Begum thought her Hindu boyfriend would show explicit photos of her to her devout parents.

The gang also set fire to the victim's face, beat him with a belt and kicked him in the stomach, the Old Bailey court heard.

Begum claimed the man was pestering her, and feared that her strict Muslim parents would disapprove of any contact between them, because he was Hindu.

Begum lured him to meet her at a place in London. She spoke to him on one mobile phone while maintaining an open line to her 20-year-old brother, Mohammed Hussain.

Ahmed, Hussain and two other men - Mafijur Rahman, 45, and Kasim Uddin, 35 - kidnapped the Hindu man.

The kidnappers made "terrifying" phone calls demanding money from the victim's family, the court heard.

Ahmed was told he must serve at least eight-and-a-half years before he can apply for parole. He admitted kidnap, false imprisonment, blackmail and causing grievous bodily harm with intent.

Hussain was jailed for 14 years, Uddin received 11-and-a-half years and Rahman was sentenced to six-and-a-half years for their roles.

Noor Miah, a 49-year-old, whose flat in east London was used for the crime, received two years for false imprisonment.

http://twocircles.net/2012may09/muslim_ ... _rape.html
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/chil ... 67353.html

Dated Article (2005) about child sacrifices in london chuches.

also this one

http://evilrituals.blogspot.in/2009/12/ ... ifice.html

The same goras who boasted about abolishing child marriages in India, have the largest instances of unmarried young mothers less than 15 years old. But known as Teenage Motherhood and Not Child Pregnancy !

Gori Echendee is hitting new lows
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Jhujar wrote:Asian grooming: why we need to talk about sex

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 34712.html
Can someone explain to me how and why so many people from "north west" Kashmir, or Pakistan occupied kashmir came to settle in Britain?

I am familiar with all those Packee infested areas - Bradford, Rochdale and Keighley and their environs, but I always knew them as Paki areas and I am now finding out that they are "Pakistanis from North west Kashmir" (Pakistan occupied Kashmir).

Did these people get in as refugees? Why did so many Pakistanis get in as refugees? Were they refugees from India? Or Pakistan? Or were they claiming that Kashmir is strife torn and so they need refuge? Why are we not seeing a whole lot of Indian Kashmiris there? They should also need refuge no?

These British Pakis coudl well be a part of a dying "Great" Britain's "great game" where they supported Pakistan against a failing India. But we will need to dig up the facts.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I believe when the Mangla dam was constructed a part of POK called Mirpur distt got submerged, and UK offered citizenship to lakhs of these mirpuris for some unknown reason. no such priviledge was extended to submerged people anywhere in the world afaik.

wiki
Over 280 villages and the towns of Mirpur and Dadyal were submerged and over 110,000 people were displaced from the area as a result of the dam being built. Some of those affected by the dam were given work permits for Britain by the Government of Pakistan, and as a result, in many cities in the UK the majority of the 'Pakistani' community actually originated from the Dadyal-Mirpur area of the disputed region of Jammu & Kashmir
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

I believe when the Mangla dam was constructed a part of POK called Mirpur distt got submerged, and UK offered citizenship to lakhs of these mirpuris for some unknown reason. no such priviledge was extended to submerged people anywhere in the world afai
The brits were being too clever by half. They needed ultra cheap labor for their cotton mills and all the Pakis from those areas settled in the mill towns of old (Bradford etc and others in N. England). When those industries collapsed/migrated to Asia , the Paki underclass anyway, sunk deeper.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I always knew Bartania always has reasons behind any 'aid' - was just clueless as to the actual reason until your post.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

during that period there was encouragement of emigration from the colonies to do the underclass work. not just mirpuris, but also large numbers of carribean islanders. post war brits were discovering the joys of the welfare state and didn't want anymore austerity - that could be handed off to the ex colonial underlings. most of the immigration into the UK from that period was for low skilled labour to fill the gaps. if anything, the immigration from the carribean at that time was much higher

was interested to note the comment that Gov of Pak issued the work permits to the mirpuris en masse - rather than operate a nationwide scheme
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Another could be just extend the word of God.
An example: link
My Life!

Hello Wikiusers! I am a 45 year old Pakistani-born American residing in Metro Detroit. I am a cardiothoracic surgeon by profession, and a missionary by virtue. I was born into a Pashtun family that had embraced Anglicanism during British rule. I am truly blessed - my grandparents were illiterate villagers, while I have been fortunate enough to attend one of the top universities in the world, The University of Pennsylvania, where I received degrees in Biology and Finance. After Penn, I chose to attend medical school at the University of Michigan, in Metro Detroit. My love for Michigan has compelled me to stay in the region.

I currently embark on, and fund, mission trips and church-planting missions to Chattisgarh, India every autumn - where I met my beloved wife in 1998 and brought her to Christ. I also sponsor missionaries to serve in Chattisgarh and Orissa year round through an organization called "Christ for India" that serves primarily low-caste Hindus and Tribals. Through our work over the past 15 years, literally tens of thousands of people in Eastern India have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. It is my dream to one day also be able to share the word of God with those in my ancestral homeland of Bajaur, Pakistan. For now though, I am content in sharing the word of God with my Indian brothers - and I actively witness to the Indian-American community in Metro Detroit (mostly Gujaratis), and Windsor, Ontario (mostly Punjabis). Almost one hundred Indian youths in Southeastern Michigan and Southwestern Ontario have come to Christ through this active outreach. For those who must accept Christ in silence (out of fear of retribution from their families), I provide help and services to ensure their continued safety. All in all, I live a very busy and fulfilling life!
More notable part is that a paki convert is active in foren lands and desi lands.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

he needs to bring the righteous words of jesus to the pashtun lands first...
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Ah, Female Genital Mutilations (FGM) in the lands of No Sati

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/05/ ... in-the-uk/
it is estimated that 100,000 women living in the UK have survived FGM, with a further 22,000 girls under 16 at risk. I spoke to Nimco Ali from the Bristol-based organisation Daughters of Eve about her work to eradicate this harmful practice and support survivors of FGM.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

^^^ mostly amongst the somali population, but also among some arab groups. quite a large number of somali refugees have entered britain in the last decade, in some cases supplanting indian populations in some neighbourhoods (who are moving up the food chain to the suburbs)
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

vishvak wrote:Another could be just extend the word of God.
An example: link
My Life!

Hello Wikiusers! I am a 45 year old Pakistani-born American residing in Metro Detroit. I am a cardiothoracic surgeon by profession, and a missionary by virtue. I was born into a Pashtun family that had embraced Anglicanism during British rule. I am truly blessed - my grandparents were illiterate villagers, while I have been fortunate enough to attend one of the top universities in the world, The University of Pennsylvania, where I received degrees in Biology and Finance. After Penn, I chose to attend medical school at the University of Michigan, in Metro Detroit. My love for Michigan has compelled me to stay in the region.

I currently embark on, and fund, mission trips and church-planting missions to Chattisgarh, India every autumn - where I met my beloved wife in 1998 and brought her to Christ. I also sponsor missionaries to serve in Chattisgarh and Orissa year round through an organization called "Christ for India" that serves primarily low-caste Hindus and Tribals. Through our work over the past 15 years, literally tens of thousands of people in Eastern India have accepted Christ as their Lord and Savior. It is my dream to one day also be able to share the word of God with those in my ancestral homeland of Bajaur, Pakistan. For now though, I am content in sharing the word of God with my Indian brothers - and I actively witness to the Indian-American community in Metro Detroit (mostly Gujaratis), and Windsor, Ontario (mostly Punjabis). Almost one hundred Indian youths in Southeastern Michigan and Southwestern Ontario have come to Christ through this active outreach. For those who must accept Christ in silence (out of fear of retribution from their families), I provide help and services to ensure their continued safety. All in all, I live a very busy and fulfilling life!
More notable part is that a paki convert is active in foren lands and desi lands.
Even more notable is that he dare not proselytize in his own homeland. His family jewels must be very dear to him, even dearer than his alleged mission in life.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

For such people we need to show them that Indians know people like him since the British for 200 years.
We need to bring him into the world of dharma and help him to work for the poor Indians,
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

brihaspati wrote:
Shonu wrote: -------------------------
quote="Lisa"

You are wrong in your supposition. It is a criminal offence in the UK to
commit a sex act against a minor in a foreign country. The jurisdiction of
the said act is deemed to run globally. There is no escape.
And yet, I dont read of many being prosecuted for such acts in those countries. Pray explain. I've heard of being being prosecuted and jailed for drug related crimes, but not the former-----------------------
OT: but here is the ECPAT 2011 finding on this, and Lisa ji is correct - the law exists, but on the other hand is usually not implemented [out of necessity and perhaps something more].
http://www.ecpat.org.uk
Off the Radar: Protecting Children from British Sex Offenders who Travel

Extra-territorial legislation allows the UK to prosecute individuals even when the offence is not committed on home territory and allows perpetrators who return to the UK to be charged when there has been no arrest by other jurisdictions. Prosecution and investigation in countries where the offence occurs often fail to take place because of an inability or unwillingness by local authorities to follow up cases involving foreigners. Extra-territorial legislation should serve to deter individuals who travel overseas with the intention to sexually abuse children, as they effectively face the threat of prosecution in the destination country or in the UK. However, this type of prosecution is rare and lessons from individual cases are not readily shared between statutory agencies or used as material for prevention and awareness raising activities. The UK government is not even able to put a figure on the number of prosecutions under extra-territorial legislation when asked by parliament. 21

Prosecuting offenders who have committed crimes abroad requires effective co-operation between authorities from different jurisdictions. Differing resources, languages and investigative methods frequently hinder co-operation and more informal routes often open up better co-operation than formal mutual legal assistance processes that can be hindered by bureaucratic obstacles. Investigators need to acquire evidence from the foreign jurisdiction that can stand up to UK court standards and the international success stories show that part of that success comes from understanding the local context, including the key role of non-government organisations (NGOs) who fill the vacuum in investigations and victim support when poor, corrupt or fractured governments do not. This can be a challenge for British authorities who are used to dealing with government rather than non-government agencies but it is now common practice for governments including the USA, Sweden and Australia to work closely alongside specialist NGOs, including exchanging intelligence and surveillance to support an extra-territorial investigation. This is especially true when obtaining evidence from child witnesses who should always receive the same considerations for protection as they would in the UK even if the local authority structures are weak.
Note the possible dependence on NGO's who themselves might be beneficiaries of charities from the west. This in itself will be a loophole to allow safe escapes - if it can happen with blood money for Italians in India, it will be even easier through NGO's in say Thailand or Cambodia.

PS: Important to note the frank admission that NGO's in foreign countries are used for "British" needed intel and surveillance. In this case it is a holy cause so no issues in stating it boldly. But this is another route for the Brits to be rather well aware of what goes on in Pakiland, and what their own Paki origin or Paki sympathetic citizens are up to in Pakiland. Every funding gathered for Paki's or islamists in general in UKstan, every national getting trained in jihad against India on visits to Pakiland - are essentially then probably doing so with nearly full knowledge of Brit admin. If it is being allowed - it simply means a two pronged "national interest" policy, one to keep out damages from home-soil - and two, an effective destructive and anguish causing agent to be maintained relatively cheaply on the subcontinent for manipulation as and when necessary for "national interest onlee". After all as per the PM's claim, the Brits have always pulled above their actual weight.

We repeatedly thrash the Americans for their role in sustaining Pakiland, but we devote far less time and effort in uncovering how effectively and slyly, and relatively cheaply - the Brits have been holding up Pakiland - especially its India-specific jihadi component from even before independence.

nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

Britain opens new doors in India

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1120517/j ... 7Q9ejJZOfI
Britain is increasing its diplomatic presence in India by opening deputy high commissions in Hyderabad and Chandigarh, foreign secretary William Hague announced in the Commons yesterday.

Taking into account the high commission in Delhi and the deputy high commissions in Mumbai, Calcutta, Bangalore and Chennai, “that will bring the number of our diplomatic posts in India to seven”, he said.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

WOW! EIC is back in business! Seven diplomatic missions in India.

Shades of Dalrymple. They dont want any in High tech ITVTy city.

Its Nizam's dominon and in Punjab!
nawabs
BRFite

Post by nawabs »

India Decides to Invest in the Oil Potential of the Falklands

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/In ... lands.html
India’s Oil and Natural Gas Corp Videsh Ltd. (OVL) is now in talks to buy 25 percent of two exploration blocs in the Falklands’ offshore waters from UK-listed Falkland Oil and Gas Ltd. (FOGL), according to the Falklands newspaper “Penguin News.”

The blocks are located in the south and east Falkland basins in water depths ranging from 1,640 feet to 1.24 miles of water, with resources estimated that of 15 prospects identified, possible reserves of up to 15 billion barrels of oil, according to a source close to the negotiations, speaking on condition of anonymity.

FOGL plans to drill one exploration well (Loligo) in Phase-1 in its Falkland Northern License Area, while in its Falklands Southern License Area, it has committed to drill one well by December 2015.OVL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd, (ONGC), the flagship national oil company of India, which has operations in several Latin American countries including Brazil, Colombia, Cuba and Venezuela.

The costs are estimated to be $68 million, along with OVL making a cash payment of $40 million.

And if the OVL venture is successful, the company has big plans. If the Loligo well discovers significant natural gas deposits, then OVL is considering constructing a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal on the Falklands with an annual capacity of about 7 million tons for exports, while if lesser amounts are found, a floating liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage project would be developed.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

he has named only 6. I wonder what would be the 7th one? ahmedabad would be a natural choice ,but is it secular enough.
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.

Hindus and Sikhs in the UK are fed up with those originating in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan and following the Mohammadden religion being permitted to don the Burka / Burqa of the term “Asian” by the Media and Government in the UK in a bid to hide their frequent involvement in crimes such as paedophilic sex grooming:

Hindus and Sikhs consequently demand that the term “Asian” stopped being used to describe Pakistani Mohammaddens as the use of the term “Asian” is “wholly inaccurate and unfair to other communities of Asian Origin” besides the use of term is “a way of clouding responsibility”.:
Joint statement by Sikh and Hindu organisations on so-called 'Asian' grooming gangs

Date:14 May 2012

We note with concern that the so-called 'Asian' sex gangs recently and all too often in the news are in fact almost always of Pakistani origin. The use of the term 'Asian' to describe the perpetrators of these crimes is wholly inaccurate and unfair to other communities of Asian Origin.

By law the British Government requires all authorities including the police, CPS and prisons, to collect ethnicity figures, which use the categories set out in the Census; Asian/Asian British: Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi, Chinese and Any other Asian background. We believe that in this case the government itself is sanctioning the use of term Asian as a way of clouding responsibility.
It is also a cause for concern that the religion of each person is noted; when in custody in police stations; when on remand in prison and when a convicted felon. Yet the government in the CEOP report about child exploitation and in its dealing with the media has advised that this information does not exist.

We believe the reluctance of the media and the government to discuss the issue that there is a disproportionate representation of Muslims in such cases and why the victims are almost always non-Muslim girls is only adding to the vote bank of far-right groups such as the BNP and the EDL.

In addition we wish to bring to your attention the fact that the same sex gangs have also targeted Hindu and Sikh girls in the same manner and these cases are rarely reported on as they hardly ever reach the courts.

We believe that political correctness stifles debate and will not facilitate a frank and mature discussion or solutions to get to the root of why the above pattern is emerging in these crimes and how to help find a solution to the problem. This can only be done by working with the responsible majority in the community involved. We will not be able to do that if we mask the identity of those involved based on misguided views of ‘protecting a vulnerable community’ of the perpetrators and not looking at the vulnerable community of victims.

The Network of Sikh Organisations UK,
The Hindu Forum of Britain,
The Sikh Media Monitoring Group UK.
From here:

Hindu Forum of Britain
Advait
BRFite

Post by Advait »

Hindus and Sikhs have already protested against this unfair lumping, but for whatever reason gorashabib is afraid of Paki Muslims.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

no the tide has turned, more and more people are calling it as it is
even baroness warsi has urged the police to not shy away from dealing with the issue head on
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Lalmohan wrote:baroness warsi has urged the police to not shy away from dealing with the issue head on
Wow, the country is still in 12th century? Barons and baronesses in this day and age? A new Oliver Cromwell is need of the hour. :) (Lalmullah, nothing agenest you).
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

ramana wrote:WOW! EIC is back in business! Seven diplomatic missions in India.

Shades of Dalrymple. They dont want any in High tech ITVTy city.

Its Nizam's dominon and in Punjab!
b'lore already has one.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

nawabs wrote:India Decides to Invest in the Oil Potential of the Falklands

http://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/In ... lands.html
India’s Oil and Natural Gas Corp Videsh Ltd. (OVL) is now in talks to buy 25 percent of two exploration blocs in the Falklands’ offshore waters from UK-listed Falkland Oil and Gas Ltd. (FOGL), according to the Falklands newspaper “Penguin News.”

The blocks are located in the south and east Falkland basins in water depths ranging from 1,640 feet to 1.24 miles of water, with resources estimated that of 15 prospects identified, possible reserves of up to 15 billion barrels of oil, according to a source close to the negotiations, speaking on condition of anonymity.

FOGL plans to drill one exploration well (Loligo) in Phase-1 in its Falkland Northern License Area, while in its Falklands Southern License Area, it has committed to drill one well by December 2015.OVL is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Ltd, (ONGC), the flagship national oil company of India, which has operations in several Latin American countries including Brazil, Colombia, Cuba and Venezuela.

The costs are estimated to be $68 million, along with OVL making a cash payment of $40 million.

And if the OVL venture is successful, the company has big plans. If the Loligo well discovers significant natural gas deposits, then OVL is considering constructing a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal on the Falklands with an annual capacity of about 7 million tons for exports, while if lesser amounts are found, a floating liquefied natural gas (LNG) storage project would be developed.
Yes - isnt it interesting ? while withdrawing from Vietnam? Especially in Falklands - over which another showdown is imminent? So the roots of obligations to those who helped to come to power, still holds!
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

Umm.... OVL had made a request to withdraw before the spat with PRC even started. MEA dragged its feet all this while to send a message to PRC, they could have pulled out many months earlier. Funny thing is the drilling took place in 2009 - and it was clear then that there was problems in the sea bed. Then earlier this year, OVL tried drilling again but still had problems. Of course, people have a field day like that joker Zaid Hamid in propagating lies.

Although this FOGL investment is a poor choice IMO as they have been trying to find oil there for a while.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

Hmm. Risky political climate. Threats of renewed conflict over Falklands. Far far from home naval bases. Wasnt even the talk of potential conflict enough to freeze foreign investments? Growth and prosperity depended on safe environments for investment or exploration? But what the heck - mercantiles use their profits arguments in alliance with their political masters - to be dunked whenever larger political interests rise up!
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

You think there is going to be a conflict over Falklands? You actually think Argentina possess the capability to recover Falklands?

Which foreign investments are you referring to?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.

A case of those who originate in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan living out their fantasies of applying the benefit of the “Ma malakat aymanukum”concept of Mohammadden religious jurisprudence in the UK?

Statistics confirm that those who originate in the Islamic Republic of Pakistan are disproportionately responsible for committing the crime of pedophilic sexual grooming in the UK:
Statistical snapshots suggest that British-Pakistanis are frequently linked to crimes like grooming, which includes any action taken to befriend a child before engaging him or her in sexual activity. Out of 77 recent convictions for grooming, rape and other predatory sex crimes, 67 involved Pakistani men. The majority of suspects who commit sex crimes in large groups — as opposed to acting alone — tend to be of Pakistani origin. One study about such groups found that 83 percent of 52 suspects charged in five major grooming investigations were Pakistani.
Pakistani journalist Huma Yusuf writing in a blog hosted by the New York Times:

Tough Questions Over Sex Crimes For Britains Pakistani Community
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

glad that this 'asian gang' nonsense has been called out. time to put the PC s*** to an end and call out the UK hypocrisy and dhimmitude for what it is.
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

shyamd wrote:You think there is going to be a conflict over Falklands? You actually think Argentina possess the capability to recover Falklands?

Which foreign investments are you referring to?
You have been a long time champion of the argument that any hostile action taken against neighbouring entities playing around with aam Indian lives for sport - will lead to anticipation of conflict situations - which in turn damages foreign investment inflow, and hurts growth and prosperity. So even prospect/anticipation/imagination of future conflict prevents people from even thinking of investing/spending in exploratory ventures in the area where such conflicts are imagined. Somehow that argument doesnt seem to hold any place in your mind when its a case of justifying something seen and openly used by the Chinese propaganda machine [as well as friends of India perhaps] as Indian kowtow to Chinese frown - and not see Falklands exploration proposals in the same light.

Falklands might be a back corner in your views, but the Latin American geo-political scenario is no longer the same as it was in the good old Falklands-Maggie days. Even then, the Brits were almost exhausted and had the Argentines not been so isolated politically from its neighbours at the time and been able to continue - the Brit triumph might actually be a different story altogether.

India has no naval base or fleet of its own in the Atlantic or on the western African coast. Even with Brazil, India is far from having any military presence to protect its ventures.