Re: US strike options on TSP

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Re: Understanding the US-2

Post by Shreeman »

Turnout will be lower. However, that is not by itself bad for democrats this time around vs trump. Turnout would be lower with sanders too.

Watch what happens after nominations. This one is not shaping to be a civil debate.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Shreeman wrote:Habal,

Most of my posts are indeed illogical at best, and will only get wetter with senility.

I am sure a few have gone the other way, but littered/every single? Can you recount a few, just to refresh my memory. the every single one is contradicted by the "oyel to moyel" that should be searchable in the post history.

One likes to keep track. many thanks.
Sir,

during Ukraine fiasco, 2014, there were threatening notes by USA led west that they would impose 'even worse' sanctions on Russia, this time they would remove Russia from SWIFT. You had said then that all is lost for Russia, now they can do nothing without SWIFT, their economy will be ground to halt and all banking transactions would collapse.

this is what happened.
Russia gets seat on SWIFT board

In Sept 2015, the mastercard/visa 'sanctions' on Russia, you said Russia is finished. Boo hoo .. even 'mastercard' .. now there is no hope for Russia what-so-ever.

this is what happened
http://newsroom.mastercard.com/eu/press ... -russians/

when USA & allies threatened Syria with air strikes & no-fly zone over Syria. You said it's all over. Great USA will now steam roll all over Syria. Russia is nothing, all hot air, all words no action, it will buckle in short order.

this is what happened.
St. Petersburg G-20 (Sept 2015)
http://s1.ibtimes.com/sites/www.ibtimes ... -obama.jpg
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>>millenials fall for that break the glass barrier women rights stuff

I kind of doubt that given hillarys long and fairly inauspicious career. now if it were marissa mayer or sheryl sandberg that could 'connect with the naujawan log' but hillary is a tad too grandmas age for that.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Singha wrote:>>all the millennial vote will go to billary

why?
IMHO and from some experiences I've had with non-GOP millennials - one thing they are quite fed up of is the racist/sexist overtones that Trump stands for. These kids are in general also better educated - again a bad sign for Trump. IOWs, if trump is nominated, I'd guess that a bunch of GOP mils would abstain, very few may go Dem. From what I've seen with GOP oriented mils, they'd rather not vote than vote for Trump, they won't go as far as voting for Hillary. All in all, milenial vote will probly be Billary's. Same might even happen with Gen Xers but to lesser degree.

The GenX and boomer GOPers are more likely to support trump compared to the mils. I'm expecting them to come out of the woodwork for Trump, esp. the older ones. So by gen, my guess is:

Boomer: 60 R, 40 D
Gen X: 50:50 (might go against trump with wimmens goings against him)
Mil: 20R: 80

This will be all the more so if Sanders loses to Clinton but then supports here candidacy, the millenials will vote for her over trump, as inauspicious as she might be. BUT there is the possibility that a lot of them simply abstain, in which case, trump could stand a decent chance.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Singha wrote:>>millenials fall for that break the glass barrier women rights stuff

I kind of doubt that given hillarys long and fairly inauspicious career. now if it were marissa mayer or sheryl sandberg that could 'connect with the naujawan log' but hillary is a tad too grandmas age for that.
From what I have seen with naujawans, the non-GOPers are not so miffed at Billary as the GenX and Boomer types, who are absolutely, and rabidly anti billary. And trump simply brings out the bile in the mils.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

ye Hillary ke kaarname ..

hillary's deep links with the paki-stanis.

Hillary Clinton made a campaign stop yesterday in Beaumont, Texas. Only six people were there to greet her. Her security detail outnumbered her supporters by quite a bit. She wouldn’t talk, wave to or even acknowledge those there to greet her. As bad as that is, it’s not the real story here. ! The real story is who she took a private meeting with. After landing, Clinton headed off to a fundraiser in West Beaumont, where she was greeted by around 150-200 Muslims, most of whom were of Pakistani origin. The event was held by Pakistani businessman Tahir Javed and Hillary raised approximately $500,000 by pandering to Pakistanis, making it “one of the top five private fundraiser's Clinton has had in this country.”

Hillary : Bought & paid for by pakistanis.
spread it far & wide.

http://www.12newsnow.com/category/17796 ... start=true
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

She seems to be real bad news for India then.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

At this point, Rubio is out EXCEPT... (***UBCN projection!***) as VP to Trump. Eminently possible, since Trump is, if nothing else, a dealmaker. At one stroke the Latino vote will be at least split. Rubio is younger, and has good hopes that Trump will have a coronary within the next 8 years. Trump-Cruz makes much sense as a Merger of Jerks, but I don't think DC is big enough for two such asses.

I thought Palin's appearance meant that Trump would win Alaska but he did not, so it means that either (a) Alaskans now diss Gov. Palin and/or (b) Palin disses Trump. If (b) then Trump may declare war on T-Party.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

UlanBatori wrote:At this point, Rubio is out EXCEPT... (***UBCN projection!***) as VP to Trump. Eminently possible, since Trump is, if nothing else, a dealmaker. At one stroke the Latino vote will be at least split. Rubio is younger, and has good hopes that Trump will have a coronary within the next 8 years. Trump-Cruz makes much sense as a Merger of Jerks, but I don't think DC is big enough for two such asses.
My gut feeling is that it is going to be a Trump-Cruz ticket. Cruz too is an outsider. The duo would represent the outsiders taking over the Republican party. No better way to capture the frustration of Republican voters with the Republican establishment politicos.

In the end it would be Republican Outsiders vs Democratic Establishment!

Black voters are going to be a major voting bloc for Hillary. So too the Muslims. The Republicans have only the Latinos to rely on, but as Trump's aggressive tones of a wall on US-Mexico border is pretty much pissing off those, he would have to have a Latino on the ticket. But it cannot be Marco Rubio. It would have to be someone whom Trump can respect. Moreover, Trump needs to strengthen his Christian flank.

One knows how the blacks are going to vote, especially with Obama giving full support to Hillary. One knows how the Muslims would vote. Even Latino mood one can guess. But I don't know how Indians in US are going to vote.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

romney called trump a phony and a fraud in a speech today.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

>>My gut feeling is that it is going to be a Trump-Cruz ticket.

I think the Mongolian is right. If Trump has any sense for matching the populism with pragmatism, Rubio is the man. It will short-circuit the Hispanic vote even further, and on the other hand, it will drag the Republican Party by its balls to support the presidency.

Hillary is dangerous for India, no matter what she says between now and voting day. Totally compromised personality. Not good for America and not good for the world. Trump is going to be good for America, and not so good for the world. He'll be good for India, or at least no worse than Obama. He does not give a rat's ass about anything other than business. Neither do we.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Singha wrote:romney called trump a phony and a fraud in a speech today.
that is the best endorsement Trump can get.

he should have been very afraid had Romney endorsed Trump.

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

March 15 will decide. Having taken the money from backers neither rubio, nor cruz can back out before 15. One just won a few states, the other has home state on 15.

It will not be easy to stand with trump, will look much worse than christie, to stand as his junior formally as a ticket. As for a poor pairing, remember bush, cheney or mccain,palin or romey, and who?

The establishment will be further marginalised. They can pretend to be a party only if trump sits down. But how?

On an unrelated note, habal, the russian doom and gloom party is hardly over. And you can read those posts as you wish, like all my other gibberish, in the light of breeding-love etc formally pleading their case not days ago. There are just more pressing matters ahead of russians, for some reason. And no, precise is not how I would describe my writings on that subject either. Here too, and this appears common thought in *white* non ghetto american, I also never thought trump was anything but short term theatre. That prediction was poor. The russian one, merely imprecise in dates and scope. Which may yet again surprise us when chess pieces realign.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

all this is for campaigning, after winning they all the same. Problem for hillary is that she wants to launch a thousand wars for benefit of israel.

trump has second thoughts about 'wars for israel' and thus all the zio-cons are ganging against him with their minions. they want wars now.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

Israel & sunni block....
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

But, I dont understand this: repubs are against iran deal while dems favor iran deal?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

this is fun , I have never heard such language used by presidential candidates in the recent past...calling people names openly was supposed to be a turd world thing.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

reminds one of rajdeep sardesai + ndtv + ashutosh/barkha etc vs modi
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Putin's advice for Americans: Do not trust 'smart technology'

http://investmentwatchblog.com/putin-sm ... our-lives/
Putin: Smart Technology Is A Tool To Control Our Lives

smart technology is a tool being used by the New World Order to spy on you and we should be ‘very, very careful’ about how much SMART technology we allow into our lives, according to Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The “genius” of the New World Order surveillance project lies in the fact that “consumers have been conned into paying out of their own pockets for the instruments that will spy on them and their families,” Putin said, speaking to an assembled tour group in the Kremlin last week.

“The average American home is now rigged like a maximum security prison with surveillance in every room recording everything you say and do.”

Samsung has admitted that their SMART TVs listen and record customers’ every word, and that they send these recordings to unnamed third-party services.

Televisions and refrigerators are the most common household appliances to have incorporated wi-fi enabled SMART technology. But there are plenty more innocent-seeming household appliances gaining popularity and they can all be used to spy on you – the dishwasher, toaster, and coffee maker in your kitchen, the clothes dryer in your laundry, the clock radio in your bedroom, your thermostat, garage door opener, security alarms, and door locks. The list continues to grow.

Putin, who has a habit of meeting and greeting foreign tour groups in the Kremlin when his busy schedule allows, met the largely American group on Saturday and spent around 15 minutes mingling and discussing everything from the winter weather to the growing threat of SMART technology in our everyday lives.

Caroline DuBois of Raleigh, North Carolina, said Putin was warm and friendly and spoke much better English than he gets credit for. ‘I asked him for one piece of advice to take home with me. He said to be very, very careful of SMART technology. Do not trust it. The truth is starting to emerge.’
Supratik
BRF Oldie

Post by Supratik »

X-post

The Clintons are pro-Pak and pro-China and have deep relations with the Chinese lobby. So Trump, despite being Republican maybe better for India.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

JE Menon wrote:>>My gut feeling is that it is going to be a Trump-Cruz ticket.

I think the Mongolian is right. If Trump had any sense for matching the populism with pragmatism, Rubio is the man. It will short-circuit the Hispanic vote even further, and on the other hand, it will drag the Republican Party by its balls to support the presidency.
Agree with that, that Rubio represents a handshake between Trump & Republican establishment.

However, Trump has to think of "energy" in his campaign, and after a somewhat put-down by the Pope, Trump needs a VP who has appeal with the Christians. Christians have to be onboard to energize the "Republican base". Rubio does not bring much on that score.

Trump's takeover of Republican Party is not all that different from that of Modi, except that Modi had forget deep, not even pockets. Modi however had support from RSS. BJP had its D4 and Margdarshakmandal and Republicans have their establishment.

At some point, there needs to be some compromise and handshake, but Trump would want to do it on his own terms. Even as President, he can't really work if neither the Democrats nor the Republicans play ball.

The question is whether the handshake is going to be over the VP or promises of some other appointee, like State Secretary, etc.

In the coming weeks we will be seeing Trump moving to the political center, and Republicans would be hard-pressed not to support him. Hillary would try to keep him nailed to the right fringe.
habal
BRF Oldie

Post by habal »

Mitt Romney Facebook page is a riot.
just read comments.
https://www.facebook.com/mittromney/?fref=ts
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

If Trump had any sense for matching the populism with pragmatism,
Well, question is whether he is as smart as Mongolians. I suspect that he is. Ppl here may not remember that didn't make his money in real estate devoid of color: he used to run the Miss Universe contest or something like that. Surely got some recruits out of that for other enterprises as well. Then he bought up Atlantic City gambling (which means dealing with the Mafia). Was down but never out, even in the big real estate crash. One does not go through all that and then do as well as he done in the Presidential race, without some careful, indeed brilliant, strategic planners and executors.

There has never been a wimmens US Prej. But there have been 2 VP candidates, both flopped big-time (Mondale-Ferraro and McCain-Palin). I don't recall ***ANY**** Latino VP candidate, do you? So Rubio on the ticket is the bet win that Latinos could hope for, this time. Is Clilary going to be kind to Latinos? She's a typical Arkansas slave-owner descendant, what sympathy has she shown for Latinos? OTOH, Latinos recognize Trump for what he is: Maccho Gringo Commandante, rich, foul-mouthed, arrogant, womanizer, dealer, gambler, successful. Quintessential Seemon Bolivar etc. Besides, why do you think US-based Latinos give a rat's ass about US-Mehico relations, or how illegal immigrants are treated? Some of the most vicious anti-immigrant types are the Cuban-Americans in Florida, for instance. The Wall would finally seal off the source of constant shame and poverty from the Latinos on the US side of the border and eliminate a lot of competition.

OTOH, Rubio would be **THEIR** son in the WHOTUS. A big deal. As for Cruz, like I said, he is just a jerk. On THAT point there is complete bipartisan consensus. Only T-Partyites considered him a Leader. At the very least, having Rubio on the ticket would make the Demikats squirm if they have an all-white cast.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Did shreeman say something about "civil" campaign this Fall? Like Syrian CIVIL war?
Meanwhile, Trump has got into a bissing contest with Gen. "4-star" Hayden. Hayden said US military would refuse orders to "kill the families" of terrorists. (ooooo!!! so many wedding parties, so few orders!) Trump said that under generals "like Hayden", the US has been fighting a clueless war for 18 years with no end in sight, while he, (Trump) is a "Leader". :mrgreen:

And.. Free Biscuits Institute has given Immunity to x-SOS Clintonia's Email Manager. Stay tuned...
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Who will be Hilary's pick?
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

**UBCN projection** not ready, Gus. Could go many ways:
1) Sanders is too old and way too left. And not "diverse".
2) Nancy Pelosi is hated too much, which is the usual qualification, but has not shown any interest at this level. Retired Speaker is simply more powerful/feared than the much dissed VP in dera Amir Khan.
3) Which convention comes first? If Trump picks Rubio, then Clinton **HAS** to pick a Latino or face certain defeat. Don't know any Latino Dems that high up - Santos was Republican, and Lantos is way too stupid - Ok, that's a thought!
4) Barbara Boxer? DC ain't big enough for both a**es.
5) Wasn't there that senator - Elizabeth Warren? She is smart.
6) Very few Democrat men come to mind as plausible Veeps, let alone leaders. Look how quickly the field thinned down to old Sanders, of all ppl. Maybe some hunk Governor that will set the wimmens' hearts go pitty-pat?
7) A retired General?
Chief of Staff will be her Al Qaeda flunky, Hummus(?) from the State Dept.
8) Michelle BO?
9) Muddlin Halfbright? Probably not in good health.
10) Chris Christie will be willing and looking 4 a job, since the Republicans are dissing him?
And the UBCN TOP CHOICE for Vice President to President Clintonia.. ta da!!!
[quote]A.b.u. Bucker Al Bugrdadi[/quote]
He might as well "come out" in support of his main sponsor and protector.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

UB Lantos is dead and gone. And was from Hungary.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Is Gen. Wesley Clark a Republican?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Watch the mannerisms of the other two -- cruz and rubio. While clinton and trump shade them from the stuff hitting the fan for the most part, they are real gems. Future holds somwthing very interesting for the world.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Sense also the other chemistry smells. Trump called Cruz a liar and an idiot etc (usual artillery) but he :(( that Rubio was being cruel and hurting etc. Meaning, Rubio softens, and they are all pally-pally, and both can kick Cruz. Rubi has no hope of Presidency except as the Impeachment Insurance Policy for POTUS Trump - and Trump knows that. Hence there is no need to attack him any more. Cruz OTOH, :mrgreen: every kick directed in that direction brings more and more fans.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

JE Menon wrote:Is Gen. Wesley Clark a Republican?

Democrat.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

But must be older than the hills. Wasn't he chief of NATO back in the 1980s?
chanakyaa
BRFite

Post by chanakyaa »

Supratik wrote:X-post

The Clintons are pro-Pak and pro-China and have deep relations with the Chinese lobby. So Trump, despite being Republican maybe better for India.
Supratik saar, you post reminds me of a quote by GWB made some time in 2007, when it became highly likely that a themo-crat would come to power in 2008. (I don't remember the exact quote, but it goes something like this)

If Tali-bunnies think winning by a themo-crat in the next election would make things easy for them, they are wrong. They don't understand YooS politics!!

Not sure if he was implying that POTUS is irrelevant or the two party system is a mere facade, or both :wink:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

wesley clark and madeline albright were the architect of the destructive war on serbia iirc.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Faces. Not architects. Same with bin Powell and gelf yudhh. Faces for public consumption.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Wow! its become the jerry springer show...simply wow! :shock:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/03/politics/ ... index.html
vera_k
BRF Oldie

Post by vera_k »

udaym wrote:Not sure if he was implying that POTUS is irrelevant or the two party system is a mere facade, or both :wink:
Only means that both parties will happily bomb foreign countries. One will use 1000 x 1KT bombs, the other will drop a 1MT weapon :roll:
Last edited by vera_k on 04 Mar 2016 10:48, edited 1 time in total.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Jairy Springer is a nice man.

edit -- better fuchure interns know now. since keneddy, and vs bill wandering around without a thing to do, its a rock vs hard place. And whats wrong with richard measurement. I demand that all candidates provide richard audits, just like tax returns.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

All told I would want a Mongolian President who spends his/her time ****** in-turns rather than entire nations. From that pov, Democrats are better - until the present dispensation and his Carteresque "Purity". Did you read why the Hon. Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, Iraq veteran, quit her prestigious title as Vice-Chair, DNC? Called out BO's refusal to expand the first letter in ISIS. She REALLY needs our support.