Islamic Britain & The Compromised Western Civilization

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Re: Islamic Britain & The Compromised Western Civilization

Post by Agnimitra »

Lalmohan wrote:the german's do not yet see it as a problem, but then most of their muslims (turks) are not very active practitioners
German Turks are mostly Anatolian origin. They may not be 'practicing', but scratch them and you will see the tribal identification. Most Turkish Gulenist Islamists I've met had relatives in Germany. They themselves would sometimes bemoan how they were not practicing, but they vouched for the fact that the Anatolian heart - which has endured through 80 years of Kemalism - is always warm to the message of 'Islam' (wrapped within Turkish Ottoman pride). Many of these Islamists were themselves non-practicing before they were recruited.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Actually the non-practicing Muslim youth are much more vulnerable to extremism and Jihadism than the practicing variety. They try to compensate and win respect of their practicing peers.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

^^ Correct. When they "repent" and return, their tawbah is in the Condition of "Covert Liability" from Islamism's PoV. They generally do far more to "make amends", or at least they carry within them a "sharper" sword of enmity towards what they had become before they returned to the One True Way.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

RajeshA wrote:akashganga ji,

what the Westerners-Christianists did in Americas, Africa, Australia, etc. is not really germane to the topic, nor is the aggregation of Christianity and Islam into Abrahamism here a relevant prism.

If Islam wins in Europe, strategically speaking there would be even more pressure on India to buckle. Any new areas that Islam can claim for itself is a region which would support Islamic radicalism in India. So it is not as simple as two dogs having a fight and we can be clap on the sidelines. An Islamic Britain would be especially hostile to India, for both latent hostilities against India - British and Islamic, would combine.

If an Islamic Britain is left to prosper and continue with its military and international political standing even after its Islamization, then its energies would be directed specifically at India. So we have stakes in the developments.

When it looks that Britain is going to go Islamic, others both from the Western Civilization and Bharatiyas and perhaps non-Muslim Brits would have to come together and degrade the infrastructure and the capacity of Britain so that the Islamics do not benefit all too much from it.
Rajeshji,

You have made some good points. I would agree islamic britain or islamic europe will be worse. I want to point out that both islam and christianity are anti-hindu in their own ways. Both these religions claim theirs is the only way. Islam treats hinduism worst as it is considered without a book. Fundamentalist christians call hinduism as anti-christ. So if one of them loses badly and the other one survives and takes over the territories of the loser the bharatiya sanskriti will be under threat. As for coming together of "Bharatiyas and perhaps non-Muslim Brits" it is hard to imagine how it is possible under any circumstance.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

akashganga ji,

in this particular context it does not really matter how Christianity treats Hinduism. Even if we were the best of enemies, it would be strategically naivety on our part to let any one of them become too powerful.

At the moment Christianity is really a pale shadow of its once aggressive nature. True, the Western countries still are imperialist, but it is not under the banner of Christianity. Christianity is just a parallel force which tries to make some headway under the aegis of the Western influence, I concede, but its own ferocity is somewhat limited today.

However if Islam takes over Europe, then Christianity is off the board almost in whole of Eurasia and Africa, i.e. in the whole of the Eastern Hemisphere. It is then not only not countering Hinduism which would be welcome, but it is also gone as a force to counter Islam, which would be problematic for us.

An Eurasia-Africa with Islam and Sinic Empire breathing down the necks of Bharatiyas in a coalition is simply a worst-case scenario, which we should try to avoid.

But this is the exact scenario we would be staring at by 2050, if we don't change the flow of the game.

We should know, Islam on the Uranus would be providing support to Islam in Hyderabad. If there is Uranium on Uranus, then there will be Uranium in Pakistan.

So one strategic priority for India is to not let Continental Europe or Russia or Africa or Israel fall to Islam.

Bharatiyas and fleeing non-Muslim Brits can make sure that Britain becomes a garbage dump once Islam takes over, and all strategic assets are removed from Britain before that.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Big Bragging Brutain cannot handle few Isalmist Jihadis while Indians have been dealing with them for over 800 years . It dont say much about Bittish Bravery. Who is stopping them from deportig all the inbreds or santize them via proper process holding them in special camps. Indians should support and exhort both sides of the discourse and action. The initial sign of Enggland going down to please Islamits will come with
open attack on Mandirs and Gurudwaras as Islamist will want to clear the grounds before making bigger move.
Rajesh San
By the time your threat senario materialize , Indians will be counting the strategic countermeasures/ patakhas in thousands. Mahbharat is already done now will come Mahabhoomiyuddha requiring the alliance of many Krishnas, Pandvas and other Kaffirs.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

At the moment Christianity is really a pale shadow of its once aggressive nature. True, the Western countries still are imperialist, but it is not under the banner of Christianity. Christianity is just a parallel force which tries to make some headway under the aegis of the Western influence, I concede, but its own ferocity is somewhat limited today.
Rajeshji,
I would caution you not to underestimate influence of christianity in the west. The republican party in the USA is a christian nationalist party. They are more christian than hindutwa of BJP in India. Their president George Bush openly said he is launching crusade against jehadists at the height of his fight against islam during 2002-2004 and later he had to change the rhetoric for political reasons. Two Bharatiyas could become republican governors in the USA after changing their religion - jindal from hinduism to christianity, and nikki randhawa from sikhism to christianity. There is no way republican party will support hindu or sikh or budhist. I am not very familiar with UK conservatives but I guess there is at least passive resistance against hindu/sikh/budhdhist in UK.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

akashganga ji,
akashganga wrote:There is no way republican party will support hindu or sikh or budhist. I am not very familiar with UK conservatives but I guess there is at least passive resistance against hindu/sikh/budhdhist in UK.
What is there to support?

We are talking about a civil war like situation in UK around 2035 between the Muslims and non-Muslims in Britain with Jihadis even moving over from the rest of Europe to help them.

There is nuclear weapons let's say in UK and the situation is one in which the non-Muslims would probably like to make a retreat, somewhere else, perhaps to Scandinavia or elsewhere in the world.

The only scenario we, or at least, I am discussing is that Bharatiyas should see to it that any strategic assets back in the to-be-Islamic Britain are not left to the Islamics. Considering the close connections between the British Muslims and the Pakistanis, any assets - WMD, financial, etc. would flow to the help of Pakistanis.

All I am saying is that if a situation such as this rise, that we help the non-Muslim Brits to remove any strategic stuff and to bomb the rest.

That was the scenario I spoke of. I am not sure of the scenario you're speaking.

Secondly how and if that scenario comes about or not, one thing one would see is that in the near future Britain would be more brazen about its support to Pakistan, than it has been till now, and that has to do with the fact that the British Elite have all been softened by Saudi connections and they are willing to play along.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Some stats:
Religion in England and Wales 2011
The largest religion in the 2011 Census for England and Wales was Christianity with 33.2 million people (59.3 per cent of the population). Muslims were the next largest religious group with 2.7 million people (4.8 per cent of the population).

14.1 million people in England and Wales said they had no religion, around a quarter (25.1 per cent ) of the population.

Of the other main religious groups: 817,000 people identified themselves as Hindu (1.5 per cent of population); 423,000 people identified as Sikh (0.8 per cent ); 263,000 people as Jewish (0.5 per cent ) and 248,000 people as Buddhist (0.4 per cent ).

240,000 people (0.4 per cent ) identified with religions which did not fall into any of the main religious categories1. The most common groups were Pagan and Spiritualist, accounting for 57,000 people and 39,000 people respectively. Some of the other higher reporting groups included Mixed Religion with 24,000 people, Jain with 20,000 people and Ravidassia with 11,000 people.

The religion question was the only voluntary question on the 2011 census and 7.2 per cent of people did not answer the question.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Some stats on ethnicity and poverty in the UK. Bangladeshi and Pakistani origin families are overwhelmingly poor:
UK: Low income and ethnicity
Around two-fifths of people from ethnic minorities live in low-income households, twice the rate for White people.

Within this, there are big variations by ethnic group. More specifically, the proportion of people who live in low-income households is:
20% for White people.
30% for Indians and Black Caribbeans.
50% for Black Africans.
60% for Pakistanis.
70% for Bangladeshis.
akashganga
BRFite

Post by akashganga »

We are talking about a civil war like situation in UK around 2035 between the Muslims and non-Muslims in Britain with Jihadis even moving over from the rest of Europe to help them.

The only scenario we, or at least, I am discussing is that Bharatiyas should see to it that any strategic assets back in the to-be-Islamic Britain are not left to the Islamics. Considering the close connections between the British Muslims and the Pakistanis, any assets - WMD, financial, etc. would flow to the help of Pakistanis.

Secondly how and if that scenario comes about or not, one thing one 035would see is that in the near future Britain would be more brazen about its support to Pakistan, than it has been till now, and that has to do with the fact that the British Elite have all been softened by Saudi connections and they are willing to play along.
Rajeshji,

I doubt there will be any major civil war in Britain in 2035. Muslim population is currently 4.5%. By then muslim population may be 10% or 15% at the worst. Still not enough. But enough to cause major economic and political disruptions in Britain. More danger is france where current muslim population is 8% and in 2035 their muslim population may cross 20%. Also by then scotland may not be part of UK.
member_19686
BRFite

Post by member_19686 »

What is there to support?

There is nuclear weapons let's say in UK and the situation is one in which the non-Muslims would probably like to make a retreat, somewhere else, perhaps to Scandinavia or elsewhere in the world.

All I am saying is that if a situation such as this rise, that we help the non-Muslim Brits to remove any strategic stuff and to bomb the rest.

That was the scenario I spoke of. I am not sure of the scenario you're speaking.

Secondly how and if that scenario comes about or not, one thing one would see is that in the near future Britain would be more brazen about its support to Pakistan, than it has been till now, and that has to do with the fact that the British Elite have all been softened by Saudi connections and they are willing to play along.
8% (PEW forum projection for 2030) if not enough to cause a civil war, everyday trouble perhaps.

If 8% is enough then what will take place in India with 16%+ with our history, current behavior, & additional migration of BD's.

In addition UK is not surrounded on two sides by pious Jihadi hellholes like India is & we have China to the north.

If worse comes to worse Brit turds may just accept Islam as it feeds into their rapacious history well, then your scenario will come to fruition. I however believe 8% is not the threshold & it requires much higher growth for this to happen.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Never underestimate the Britturds.
These are the guys who invented The Game. Also invented marvelous testimonies to human endeavor like non-state actors (Buccaneers and Privateers), Hanging-Drawing-Quartering execution, concentration camps, gulags, mass mindfu(k, narcotics dumping, currency warfare and murder of the weak on an industrial scale. They got all the bloodlines from them ravaging Norman, Saxon, Viking ityadi also. Who wants to bet you will see something out of 1984 and Children of Men and V For Vendetta the moment these Paki-BD Jihadi sh1theels get to the next level of Violence-Virulence-Victimhood?

IMO just because they left the empire business after that huge gobsmack in WW2 doesn't mean they won't deal with this kind of threat in their own backyard, if and when it breaks out. I mean, in the dark years of Yelstin and them oligarchs did anyone see any hope for Mother Russia? Now they have Putin. And Philip. And Austin. And Sanku. :P
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

AnandK is promoting genocide :eek:

Where is the report button, my psecular blood is boiling :evil:
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Reminds me of Mark Steyn's "America alone" -a book where he predicts that all nations 'cept for eceptional Amreeka will cave in to slamic assertion/aggression whatever.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

UQ invited Muslims into UQ. Muslims were welcomed with open arms. So who are we (SDREs) to say that Muslims are not good for UQ? It is the bonafide subjects of UQ who know what is good and what is not good for UQ. I think it is ridiculous for us SDREs to imply that we know what is best for UQ.

Currently UQ, specifically its elite engages in sophisticated propaganda against India. There is a good chance that with the Islamization of UQ, their potential for sophisticated propaganda will decline. This will be a welcome respite for India. They may also lose their permanent seat in UN security council. This will also be beneficial to India. So I am not sure what this hai touba about Islamization of UQ is about?
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Surasena ji, akashganga ji,

the reasons I said 2035 is because of the distribution of the Muslim community in Britain. It is pretty much concentrated in important cities. Also Muslim immigration would continue. Thirdly, British dependence on Gulf money would only increase and the Elite are simply going to cave in further to the various Islamic demands of the Muslims in UK. If the indigenous British people decide to stay in the cities they would be forced to live by Sharia, and British women are generally going to become right-hand possessions.

If the Muslim population was distributed more evenly, perhaps it would have been different, but urban centers are going to move into the Green Column.
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

RamaY wrote:AnandK is promoting genocide :eek:
Where is the report button, my psecular blood is boiling :evil:
/*Gas Mode On

The Dark Grey British Dystopia is only half a JDAM (Jihadi Delivered Atomic Munition)/Mumbai Carnage away.... and the bill that empowers this "transition" will be passed with standing ovation by the newly enacted all-white Parliament. Ensuing celebrations will commence with burning a Wicker Man in Wembley Stadium (with goose-fat smeared Lord Nazir and Anjem Choudhry inside) and opening Concentrated Integration Centres in Cumbria, the Beacons and the Outer Hebrides. :P

We will once again behold the Brits who cleansed this Earth of many lesser people.
Norsefire is coming. Be very afraid. :mrgreen:

Gas Mode Off */
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

May I have the rare privilege of X-posting BENIS dhaga material onto a regular BRF thread?:
Lilo wrote:
“Here in Pakistan, the brightly coloured trucks and buses are customised to show where the vehicle and driver are from, or to pay homage to a famous movie star or a well-known military leader. Some trucks may be adorned with quotes from movies or verses from poems. We have adopted this tradition to express some thoughts and links that comes to one’s mind when we think of the UK and its connections with Pakistan.”
British High Commissioner Adam Thomson congratulated the students of National College of Arts and the truck artists who supported blending the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games with Pakistani traditions.

A phully erect Minar-e-Bakistan estanding broud in the middal oph a Gora phlag wich itself ijj sandwiched batween two Baki Phlags .

Mashallah eyesayz annd whata Symbolijim Hain jee .. ..
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

RajeshA, During WWI, the Germans started a rumor that kaiser had converted to spur a jihad in Middle East. Cant put it past the perfidous albio to do the same

A warning from History

...Far from the stalemate on the western front, Germany was trying to exploit its alliance with the "new" Turkey of Enver Pasha to recruit the Islamic millions of the Middle East in a Jihad against the infidel west (this is true, up to a point: the Grand Mufti declared a Holy War, and the word was spread that the Kaiser had converted to Islam).

Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

RajeshA wrote:Surasena ji, akashganga ji,

the reasons I said 2035 is because of the distribution of the Muslim community in Britain. It is pretty much concentrated in important cities. Also Muslim immigration would continue. Thirdly, British dependence on Gulf money would only increase and the Elite are simply going to cave in further to the various Islamic demands of the Muslims in UK. If the indigenous British people decide to stay in the cities they would be forced to live by Sharia, and British women are generally going to become right-hand possessions.

If the Muslim population was distributed more evenly, perhaps it would have been different, but urban centers are going to move into the Green Column.
Actually quite the contrary. What would be more worrisome for Britain is if the countryside is slowly converting to Islam. Anything that happens in the big city always get magnified out of proportion with resulting call for action (sorry for this analogy - like the Delhi rape case). Mao's revolution was fueled in the countryside. Britain is realizing the problem early enough in my opinion & they are encouraging panic mongering. They are probably happy that its London that's taking the hit rather than some rural areas where you dont see the rot until its too late (like Nagaland Christianity in India). I wish we had done likewise when Muslims were 4.8% of our population.
devesh
BRF Oldie

Post by devesh »

Anand K wrote:Never underestimate the Britturds.
These are the guys who invented The Game. Also invented marvelous testimonies to human endeavor like non-state actors (Buccaneers and Privateers), Hanging-Drawing-Quartering execution, concentration camps, gulags, mass mindfu(k, narcotics dumping, currency warfare and murder of the weak on an industrial scale. They got all the bloodlines from them ravaging Norman, Saxon, Viking ityadi also. Who wants to bet you will see something out of 1984 and Children of Men and V For Vendetta the moment these Paki-BD Jihadi sh1theels get to the next level of Violence-Virulence-Victimhood?

IMO just because they left the empire business after that huge gobsmack in WW2 doesn't mean they won't deal with this kind of threat in their own backyard, if and when it breaks out. I mean, in the dark years of Yelstin and them oligarchs did anyone see any hope for Mother Russia? Now they have Putin. And Philip. And Austin. And Sanku. :P

this is intriguing.

one has a problem with India showing similar spine. commenting that "do we want to follow China's path in treatment of minorities"...

yet, one is positively brimming with admiration, even if grudging, when similar case happens to be a foreign nation, in this case Britain...

why the dissonance?
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

eklavya wrote:Some stats on ethnicity and poverty in the UK. Bangladeshi and Pakistani origin families are overwhelmingly poor:
UK: Low income and ethnicity
Around two-fifths of people from ethnic minorities live in low-income households, twice the rate for White people.

Within this, there are big variations by ethnic group. More specifically, the proportion of people who live in low-income households is:
20% for White people.
30% for Indians and Black Caribbeans.
50% for Black Africans.
60% for Pakistanis.
70% for Bangladeshis.
Very politically correct of the brits to lump Indians with Black Caribbean-origin ethnics.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^
It is just a coincidence that the rate of poverty in the two communities is about the same at ~30%. Are you blaming the stats or the statistician for being politically correct? :)
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

The entry is ambiguous because there are two ways to parse it.

30% for (Indians and Black Caribbeans)

or

30% for Indians and 30% for Black Carribeans

If the intention is the latter then they should have been on two lines like so.

30% for Indians
30% for Black Carribeans

It is a just a coincidence that both the communities have same (or is it more like similar?) percentages.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^
Coincidence that they have similar %ages. Click on the link, there is a graph below: see graph 2.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

If that is the case, why not two different lines? Saving some newsprint?
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

matrimc - why does this bother you? what is wrong in this instance of being 'lumped together'?
brihaspati
BRF Oldie

Post by brihaspati »

matrimc wrote:The entry is ambiguous because there are two ways to parse it.

30% for (Indians and Black Caribbeans)

or

30% for Indians and 30% for Black Carribeans

If the intention is the latter then they should have been on two lines like so.

30% for Indians
30% for Black Carribeans

It is a just a coincidence that both the communities have same (or is it more like similar?) percentages.

Doesn't have to be a coincidence. "Experts" do not easily talk of coincidences on such issues. The stats have been estimated by some as late as 2011 - to be approx 23% for Indians and 24% for Caribbeans. 25% for Chinese and "other East Asians". Roughly 52% each for Pakis and Bangladeshis.

Already existing hypotheses include deliberate discrimination if the name does not sound "white brit" etc. Not my hypotheses but of "experts" in the domain.

The stats is public domain.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Lalmohan wrote:matrimc - why does this bother you? what is wrong in this instance of being 'lumped together'?
I am not bothered by the lumping. If they want to report it unambiguously might as well take the trouble to do so in the graph as well as the text. May be just a case of bad editing. OTOH, is it a statement that imperial British policy of exporting Indian indentured labor to the colonies was in fact beneficial? Was it beneficial?

I always seem to see an undercurrent superciliousness and condescension in British reporting - may be I am super sensitive. Even their turn of phrases is irritating so is their accent. I am more used to the US accents.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Here is some more data (see slide 17) on household wealth:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/c ... tation.pdf
There are large differences by ethnicity and religious affiliation
(Median total wealth, 2006/08, GB)
• For White British households, median total wealth is £221,000.
• For Indian households it is £204,000.
• For Pakistani households it is £97,000.
• For other Asian households it is £50,000.
• For Black Caribbean households it is £76,000.
• For Black African households it is £21,000.
• For Bangladeshi households it is £15,000

• For households with a Jewish household reference person it is £422,000.
• For Sikh households it is £229,000.
• For Christian households it is £223,000.
• For Hindu households it is £206,000.
• For Muslim households it is £42,000.
• For those with any other religion it is £161,000.
• For those with no religious affiliation it is £138,000.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

eklavya wrote:Here is some more data (see slide 17) on household wealth:

http://www.birmingham.ac.uk/Documents/c ... tation.pdf
There are large differences by ethnicity and religious affiliation
(Median total wealth, 2006/08, GB)
• For White British households, median total wealth is £221,000.
• For Indian households it is £204,000.
• For Pakistani households it is £97,000.
• For other Asian households it is £50,000.
• For Black Caribbean households it is £76,000.
• For Black African households it is £21,000.
• For Bangladeshi households it is £15,000

• For households with a Jewish household reference person it is £422,000.
• For Sikh households it is £229,000.
• For Christian households it is £223,000.
• For Hindu households it is £206,000.
• For Muslim households it is £42,000.
• For those with any other religion it is £161,000.
• For those with no religious affiliation it is £138,000.
From the above, is it correct to infer that Indian Muslims have a higher household income than paki Muslims?
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

anup, you would need some more data, make a few assumptions, and do a few simple calculations to derive the answer to your question, which is indeed "yes".

For a start, you would need to divide the Indian population by religion. To do this, you could use this data:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Indian
Religion Percentage of Indian population in England and Wales.
Hinduism 45.00%
Sikhism 29.06%
Islam 12.70%
Christianity 4.89%
Not Stated 4.63%
Other Religion 1.75%
Agnostic 1.73%
Buddhism 0.18%
Judaism 0.06%
Total 100%
A = % of Hindus = 45.0%
a = Median Indian Hindu household wealth = £206k (assumed to be in line with Hindus in general)

B = % of Sikhs = 29.06%
b = Median Indian Sikh household wealth = £229k (assumed to be in line with Sikhs in general)

C = % of Muslims = 12.7%
c = Median Indian Muslim household wealth = Unknown

D = % of Other Religions = 100% - 45% - 29.06% - 12.7% = 13.24%
d = Median Other household wealth = £204k (assumed to be in line with Indians in general)
(I know we have data for Christianity, Judaism, etc, but I'm being a bit lazy)

A*a + B*b + C*c + D*d = £204k (median Indian household wealth)

c = { (204 - ( A*a + B*b + D*d ) } / C
c = { 204 - ( 92.7 + 66.55 + 27.0 ) } / 12.7% = 17.75 / 12.7% = ca £140k > £97k (median wealth of Pakistani households, assumed to be overwhelmingly Muslim)
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

As for evidence of bias against minorities in the UK, see p.230 of this report:
An Anatomy of Economic Inequality in the UK (Report of the National Equality Panel)

Looking first at the larger ethno-religious groups by generation of immigration:143

• First generation Hindu men were paid slightly more (4 per cent) than White British Christian men. However, given their qualifications and (particularly) their occupations, they would have been expected to be paid 14 per cent more – there was an unexplained penalty of 10 per cent.

• Second generation Hindu men were paid 13 per cent more than White British Christian men, only slightly less than would be expected given their qualifications and occupation – an unexplained penalty of only 3 per cent.

• First generation Pakistani Muslim men were paid 46 per cent less than White British Christian men. They would be predicted to earn 30 per cent less on the basis of their qualifications and occupation, so there was an unexplained penalty of 15 per cent.

• Second generation Pakistani Muslim men were paid 12 per cent less than White British Christian men, about half of which was explained by qualifications and occupation, leaving an unexplained penalty of 8 per cent.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

the 3% penalty can be partly explained by the age profile of hindu men moving up through the professional ranks - i.e. not yet critical mass at the highest echelons. but in my opinion, not that far off - maybe full representation within next 10 years
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Sadiq Khan: 'If you're the only one fasting at Ramadan, you do stand out'
UK's Shadow Justice Secretary tells Charlotte Philby how he balances his faith with his job
When Sadiq Khan was appointed to the Privy Council and first asked to attend cabinet meetings in June 2009, Labour’s MP for Tooting became the first Asian and first Muslim to do so.
Khan’s family originate from India. Following partition in 1947, his grandparents on both sides fled to Karachi, and his mother and father were born in Pakistan. His father moved to London in the Sixties and invited his mother to join him. The fourth child, Khan was the first to be born in London, in 1970, and went on to study law at the University of North London.
Before standing as MP for Tooting – his first attempt at becoming an MP having served as a councillor for Tooting in the London borough of Wandsworth since 1994 – he was a leading human rights lawyer, campaigning against issues such as stop and search.

In his post-election speech in 2005, Khan told his voters they would go to “socialist heaven”. Today, his message to aspirational youngsters hoping to follow in his footsteps is that there is “nothing wrong with wanting nice cars and nice suits – I’ve got both”.
Just months after his first appointment in Parliament, Khan was named Newcomer of the Year at The Spectator Parliamentarian of the Year awards “for the tough-mindedness and clarity with which he has spoken about the very difficult issues of Islamic terror”.

Balancing his faith and his role as an MP, he admits, has not always been easy. Last month, he was the subject of a fatwa calling for his death after he voted in favour of same-sex marriage. “What all minorities need to recognise is today in a pluralistic society it’s not just a question of tolerating others, you’ve got to respect others. I challenge anybody to find another country in the world which is more progressive or has laws that protect minorities more than this country.

“I speak to my cousins in Pakistan or India and they make the point that because [my family] aren’t well off and don’t have contacts in those countries, notwithstanding the fact that there is a Muslim majority in Pakistan, they couldn’t dream of being in the cabinet or doing the stuff that I’ve done here, and I’m a minority in the UK both religiously and ethnically and in all sorts of ways.”
Sadiq’s style...

Last place I went out for dinner

Beyrouths, a Lebanese halal restaurant in Streatham
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

The Empress at the Swan Theatre: People's play tells a tale of pride and prejudice
Tanika Gupta reveals how she gave the 'Indians' of Victorian London a voice
My new play, The Empress, follows the journeys of five characters in the final 14 years of Queen Victoria's reign – Rani, a 16-year-old ayah (nanny), Hari an impoverished lascar (sailor), Abdul Karim, the Queen's servant who rose through the ranks to be her munshi (teacher) and Dadabhai Naoroji, the first Indian (Liberal) MP, elected in 1892 to represent the constituency of Finsbury. And of course, Queen Victoria is in there too. Her relationship with Abdul Karim was too intimate for her race- and class-conscious Victorian court and caused political outrage and eventually a constitutional crisis.
-----------------------

Shari'ah courts in the UK:
Secret filming at Sharia council shows women at risk
BBC Panorama has uncovered fresh evidence of how some Sharia councils in Britain may be putting Muslim women "at risk" by pressuring them to stay in abusive marriages.

An undercover female reporter was told by Dr Suhaib Hasan of the Leyton Islamic Sharia Council that going to the police with her case of domestic violence was a "last resort".
Link above has video footage.
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

Serbian politician's UN session boycotted
UNITED NATIONS - The United States boycotted as “inflammatory” a meeting on international justice on Wednesday organized by a Serbian politician who heads the U.N. General Assembly - a session some nations say was intended merely to complain about the treatment of Serbs in war crimes tribunals.

The meeting and panel discussion were set up by former Serbian Foreign Minister Vuk Jeremic, who is serving as president of the 193-nation assembly. Some U.N. diplomats have privately accused Jeremic of using the General Assembly to promote his own career and his home country.

European and other Western nations have said Wednesday's session on international justice was a thinly veiled attempt to attack the international war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia, which Serbia has criticized. Jordan and Canada joined the United States in boycotting the debate.

“The United States strongly disagrees with the decision of the president of the General Assembly to hold an unbalanced, inflammatory thematic debate today on the role of international criminal justice in reconciliation and will not participate,” said Erin Pelton, spokeswoman for the U.S. mission to the United Nations.

“We believe that ad hoc international criminal tribunals and other judicial institutions in Rwanda, the former Yugoslavia, Sierra Leone and Cambodia have been critical to ending impunity and helping these countries chart a new, more positive future,” Pelton said in a statement.

Pelton added that it was especially problematic that the day's events “fail to provide the victims of these atrocities an appropriate voice.”

A senior Western diplomat said on condition of anonymity that Jeremic's decision to organize the meeting on April 10 - the day that Croatia's Nazi puppet state was established in 1941 - ensured that the “whole event took on a Serbian feel.”

He added that Jeremic had refused to change the date after he was requested to do so by a number of delegations.

Jordan's U.N. Ambassador Prince Zeid Ra'ad Zeid al-Hussein told a small group of reporters that Serbia's approach to the session on international justice was “almost an impeachable offense” - ostensibly referring to Jeremic's largely ceremonial post as the head of the General Assembly.

Since it was set up in 1993, the war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia has indicted 161 people for crimes stemming from the wars that shattered the Yugoslav federation, of whom 15 have been acquitted. Several dozen suspects remain on trial.

Serbia and its ally Russia have sharply criticized the tribunal over recent decisions to free two Croatian generals and a Kosovo Albanian former guerilla commander.

Jeremic did not explicitly attack the Hague war crimes tribunals in his speech, though he told the assembly that international justice could be misused in a way that prevents reconciliation between former adversaries.

“Such outcomes would harm efforts to strengthen the rule of law, for no legal tradition recognizes the guilt or innocence of an entire nation,” he said.

U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon defended the war crimes tribunals, the International Criminal Court (ICC) and other methods of ensuring accountability.

“The system of international criminal justice has ... given voice to victims and witnesses,” Ban said.

Serbian President Tomislav Nikolic hammered away at the Hague tribunal in a roughly 45-minute speech to the assembly, telling participants that the “prosecution has been favored over the defense” and the court was guilty of the “most flagrant violation of human rights.”

Richard Dicker of Human Rights Watch said Nikolic is well known as a denier of the Srebrenica genocide. More than 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys were killed in the Bosnian town of Srebrenica in July 1995 by Bosnian Serb forces under the command of Ratko Mladic, who is currently on trial for crimes against humanity and other war crimes.

Jordan, Britain and others complained that the victims of Srebrenica had no voice in Wednesday's debate.

Croatian Ambassador Ranko Vilovic also criticized the session, saying “truth, justice and reconciliation were not the values for which this debate was organized.”

Some diplomats say Jeremic may be jostling to become the next president of Serbia. If he does not get Serbia's presidency, he is likely to try to become the next U.N. secretary-general, a position that is expected to be filled by an Eastern European, envoys say.

U.N. diplomats say Jeremic's name has been mentioned as a possible candidate to replace Ban after his term ends in December 2016. While Russia would support Jeremic, U.N. diplomats said there are less divisive candidates from Slovakia, Slovenia, Bulgaria and elsewhere.

The European Union's 27 member nations are attending the event but sending junior diplomats. - Reuters
Agnimitra
BRF Oldie

Post by Agnimitra »

X-posting from Islamism & Islamophobia thread:

Canadian convicted of terror ties in Mauritania
Mauritania (AP) — A young Canadian man {Asian convert} who headed to North Africa to study the Quran is now serving two years in a Mauritanian prison after authorities say he was recruited to train at an al-Qaida camp in northern Mali, an official said Thursday.
The article says that Mauritania is becoming a hub of AQIM (al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb).

And just today saw this go around - More "Sufi" seminaries setting up in Mauritania - with generous aid and organizational resources flowing in from the United Kingdom.
'A Blessed Appeal for the Mahdarah (School) of Shaykh Muhammad bin Salik bin Fahfu (may Allah safeguard him)', was launched with the delivery partner, Muslim Hands, in the presence of al-Habib Kazim as-Saqqaf and Syed Lakhte Hassanain Shah (the Chairman of Muslim Hands) at the Objectives Matter Conference on 26th of Jumada al-Awwal/7th April 2013.

The Mahdarah of Shaykh Muhammad (known to the world as Murabit al-Hajj) is situated in the Tuwamarat Village, which is located in the Tagant Region of Mauritania. This Mahdarah has benefited thousands of students throughout the years and from those known to the Western World are the likes of Shaykh Hamza Yusuf, Ustadh Yahya Rhodus and Ustadh Ibrahim Osi-Efa.

Currently, the Mahdara, which accommodates approximately 250 students of knowledge, is in great need of both immediate and long-term assistance. The Trust, with the help of Muslim Hands, have identified four phases of support and through your generous donations we hope we can fulfil the needs of those at the Mahdarah.

For more information regarding the Mahdarah and the Appeal, please view the official Blessed Appeal documentary "A Blessed Appeal - Serving the Awliya - Mauritania " at http://vimeo(dot)com/63510045

The Appeal

Phase One: The construction of a fully concrete Ground Water Well having a depth of around 70 metres down into the mountain and a diameter of 1.5 metres - £31,500

Phase Two: The purcase and installation of Two Solar Panels; one for the existing borehole to replace the damaged and costly diesel generators there and the second one for the new ground water well to pump water from the wells to the surface - £11,000 (£5,500 each)

Phase Three: Construction of Student Accommodation Block (each block measures 5 x 6 metres, thus providing 30 square metres of floor space, and would house eight students) - £5,500

Phase Four: Student Support & Maintenance Grants - £240 per student per year
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Cross-posting a post by Haresh from the "Indo-UK News and Discussion - April 2013" Thread

CTX Vol. 1 No. 1, August 2011

The Financing of Lashkar-e-Taiba
By: Geoffrey Kambere, Puay Hock Goh, Pranav Kumar, Fulgence Msafir

"Britain is a major center for fundraising for LeT because of its very large Pakistani immigrant population"

The Brits willingly allow this!