Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by Gus »

^ recent example is zimmerman. might soon become a get rich quick scheme. shoot a darkie. claim being victimised for doing the right thing. accept donations.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

well all these dating naked/survival naked/naturism lifestyle are fine...not hypocritical posturing....people have crossed the first barrier of being in for the ride only for physical body thing...if they connect deeper fine, else moves along.

making a TV show out of it is pure freak show/voyuerism and imo not right.
Tanaji
BRF Oldie

Post by Tanaji »

^^ Once one realizes that they are just making soft *****, then it all falls into place. No different than Mahesh Vikram Bhatt these days.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

Whou-dini did it.
Victor White autopsy findings released
Updated:
NEW INFORMATION: State Police say the gun used in the death of Victor White III is NOT a weapon carried by the Iberia Parish Sheriff's Officer. “My son didn't shoot himself. I never believed it. I won't believe it,” said Victor White, Sr., the father of 22-year-old Victor White, III, who back in March, died from a gunshot wound.

It happened while handcuffed in the backseat of an Iberia Parish Sheriff's Office patrol car, during a drug arrest. According to State Police, who are handling the investigation, once at the jail, White refused to exit the vehicle. As the arresting deputy requested assistance, they say white produced a handgun he had been hiding in his pants, and shot himself in the back.

But the autopsy, performed by the Iberia Parish Coroner's Office, reports the opposite, listing the cause of death as a gunshot wound to the chest. The family is puzzled as to how he could have shot himself in the chest with his hands cuffed behind his back.

"My initial response was correct, that something was awry, and that something had gone wrong,” said White, Sr.

The manner of death was ruled a suicide. But, the family of White aren't convinced.

State Police cannot comment, saying it's an ongoing investigation. White, Sr. says authorities aren't even talking to the family, leaving them without closure.

"Here is a family that, we are still grieving,” said White, Sr. “I'm angry the autopsy report took so long. I'm angry and frustrated with the fact that it's still not over."
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

The problem with shooting first, thinking later is that you dont know when someone will feel threatened and take preemptive action.

edit - Now, you've really done it. Got em angry, is what you gone and done.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

He was coming right at'em. They really had no choice, it was self-defense.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Gus wrote:^ recent example is zimmerman. might soon become a get rich quick scheme. shoot a darkie. claim being victimised for doing the right thing. accept donations.
I think the money being collected for the Officer in Ferguson is for his legal defence. So he cannot pocket it.

That said, I am waiting for the inquiry to be concluded to say whether the shooting was motivated by racism irrespective of whether the officer is found guilty or not. General Dyer, even after having being exonerated by the crown, leaves a permanent mark on British impartiality (if there was ever one) and puts paid to the narration that British colonialism was lot more benign than that of other colonial powers of that time.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Last edited by Shreeman on 25 Aug 2014 01:20, edited 1 time in total.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

matrimc wrote:
Gus wrote:^ recent example is zimmerman. might soon become a get rich quick scheme. shoot a darkie. claim being victimised for doing the right thing. accept donations.
I think the money being collected for the Officer in Ferguson is for his legal defence. So he cannot pocket it.

That said, I am waiting for the inquiry to be concluded to say whether the shooting was motivated by racism irrespective of whether the officer is found guilty or not. General Dyer, even after having being exonerated by the crown, leaves a permanent mark on British impartiality (if there was ever one) and puts paid to the narration that British colonialism was lot more benign than that of other colonial powers of that time.
Yes, tell that to General Dyer's victims. Boy, did he suffer for his actions! That certainly told him. I mean who would have thunk -- a dark spot, in the otherwise spotless, generous, humane, magnanimous record of the poodalistan overlords. Washed in the "neel" produced in Bihar no less.

Anyway, the comparisons are more relevant to the ukistan thread. They have their own Barys to pick right now. So no sweet desserts for you there either.

A second gentleman was shot by a second set of officers. No collection for those officers? I mean can't we start a bucket of KFC challenge for those officers? Or better still a shoot the watermelon challenge? The poor mattes have only the department, union, state, and rich supporters to help them?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

His death does not appear suspicious. I mean whats a 85 feet drop, I mean thats what you go to college for.
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

'We lost our jobs for reporting being raped': Haunting photo essay depicts the suffering of women who were victims of sexual violence in the U.S. military

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3BOfBVHDB

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itary.html
Haresh
BRFite

Post by Haresh »

Missouri Cops Suspended Over Racial Outbursts

http://news.sky.com/story/1323628/misso ... -outbursts
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

American airline passengers are very generous about sharing their drinks with other passengers
The argument occurred in the Economy Plus section, which provides United passengers up to 5 inches of extra legroom compared with standard coach seats.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Heard on daily show today - apparently one time the Ferguson cops beat a black man so bad that his blood stained their uniforms and then the cops charged the man for destroying govt property.

Also that almost 25% city revenue comes from fines levied - mostly on the blacks.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Catchin 'em young in good 'ol USA.

9 Year old girl shoots instructor with an Uzi

Atta boy! Gotta teach 'em you whippersnappers how to shoot a proper gun. No gun no fun , ain't it ? Start small with a sub machine gun, graduate to a 5.56 M-16 , then an AK-47 and then a 0.5 caliber Bushmaster.

That will teach 'em the true American way on how to stop intruders (shoot first and look later) and other pesky no good fellas from Noo Yawk and California .
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

“I get that the Beverly Hills Police Department didn’t know that I was a well educated American citizen that had received a B.S. in electrical engineering from the University of Southern California, an MBA from Indiana University … and an executive leadership certificate from Harvard Business School,” Belk said. “Hey, I was ‘tall,’ ‘bald,’ a ‘male’ and ‘black,’ so I fit the description.”
member_22733
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22733 »

The funny thing is.... about 50% of blacks in the US are middle class. No one knows, or cares for that matter. These guys just run as far away from the "black inner cities" as possible.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

A discerning comment from the above.

He had similarities to the suspect. The police had every right to detain him. Unless you want criminals just running around willy-nilly. Better safe than sorry. Nothing racist about this story at all. The only thing that blows is how long it took them to verify his identity, he too stated this. If he sues them that makes him a racist for trying to take advantage of the system because of the color of his skin. I'm all for equality, but it works both ways.

Maybe we should up the folic acid supplemet in bread.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

sanjaykumar wrote:A discerning comment from the above.

He had similarities to the suspect. The police had every right to detain him. Unless you want criminals just running around willy-nilly. Better safe than sorry. Nothing racist about this story at all. The only thing that blows is how long it took them to verify his identity, he too stated this. If he sues them that makes him a racist for trying to take advantage of the system because of the color of his skin. I'm all for equality, but it works both ways.

Maybe we should up the folic acid supplemet in bread.
Very astute observation from the russian representative of the jewish faith. Similar looking face, similar sounding name, its all good:
  • By color alone, he was TOO similar,
  • Like all chinese look the same,
  • And all Indians smell of spices;
  • In fact, whats a small detention. They should have held on to him. If they had drawn some blood onto their uniforms, he could have damaged state property. A prosecutor should see merit to disobeying the police charge, not to mention defiling the sidewalk by sitting on it.
  • Organizers should take notice and send white face masks to all future invitees so that they are not seen as black in public and mistaken in the future.
There is always the next time, I am sure this is a teachable moment for the officer for next time.

Do we start a collection for these officers yet, or does this one need a beer summit?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Dutta seems to be an emotionally misguided individual. If he wants to repay debt to society due to his brother, then he should start in India where his brother did criminal activities not in US defending police brutality!!!!
He rails in JNU manner in Left-Liberal magazines.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

ramana wrote:Dutta seems to be an emotionally misguided individual. If he wants to repay debt to society due to his brother, then he should start in India where his brother did criminal activities not in US defending police brutality!!!!
He rails in JNU manner in Left-Liberal magazines.
Datta is an unfortunate case, but given his background that is to be expected. He is a liability both for India and the USA.

Why the toilet paper that is the rag Washington Post would give the pulpit to him on such a serious issue is beyond me. May be this is all that is left now. And yet there is no dearth of people to blindly defend this behavior as intelligent discourse. The abortion debate is more civilised in many ways.

ps -- There is a fair bit to read between the lines re the broffesor. Truth in advertising is not a common quality today. The 25 year narrative needs context and understanding of proccesses and circumstances. What more can I say. May be there are readers from Jaipur who can add more.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Maybe WaPo has found its Gungadin to defend the police brutality.
Jarita
BRF Oldie

Post by Jarita »

How to give people of a particular race a bath MassaStyle

http://www.muldersworld.com/photo.asp?id=14361
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

American CEOs practise to negotiate with their Pakistani allies

BTW since my neighbor's out-of-control DobermanPaki ate the lost little kitten that came home with us in the wheel well of our car, and esp. since a leash-free Doberman scared the heck out of me recently (in turn, the Doberman was sent shivering for cover and chased all over by a Coyote!) I am in strong support for this CEO.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

White Christian supremacist VS Paki Islamic supremacist :D

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

NOW REVEALED FOR THE FIRST TIME:
V R 404: BO

President Barack Obama has ignited fresh conservative criticism by saying "we don't have a strategy yet".. Equally 404 Republicans immediately jumped on the President's comment during a news conference Thursday by saying it proved their longstanding :(( that his foreign policy failed to seriously respond to the terrorist threat from Sunni jihadists in the Syrian civil war. "I'm not sure the severity of the problem has really sunk in to the administration just yet," said GOP Rep. Mike Rogers of Michigan, who chairs the House intelligence committee. Referring to the ISIS lightning sweep across northern Iraq this summer, Rogers said "we knew it was a problem before June" and noted that "even the President said he was talking about this to Iraqi officials over a year ago." "When a terrorist organization acts like an army, they present military targets the way any other army would do," he said, arguing the United States should have been going after such ISIS targets earlier "to degrade and disrupt the momentum of this very dangerous organization."
Retired Army Gen. George "Hamlet" Joulwan, the former NATO supreme allied commander, told CNN on Friday that while he believed Obama's approach amounted to a bit of "waffling," launching airstrikes in Syria requires lots of preparation. ISIS is not a state but an organization fighting the Syrian government of President Bashar al-Assad, whom the United States also wants out of power, Joulwan noted. That creates complications, as does what he called Syria's "very sophisticated air defense system."

(Proving that the einsteins were thinking of bombing Syrian govt-held areas instead of fighting the ISIS). :roll: :roll:

"I think we need to have clarity here of what that mission is, what it is before you start sending an airstrikes or troops," he said. "What is the clarity here of what the end state is that we want to achieve? We didn't do that in Iraq or Afghanistan or in Vietnam. We've got to do it if we're going to get involved again."

(Just to remind ourselves: the same eisteins told us when they went into Afghanistan, and again into Iraq, that those were "not Vietnam")

The White House made the same point, with spokesman Josh Earnest attributing any uproar over Obama's phrasing to spin rather than substance. (to sum up, JoshEarnest said "Huh?" when asked about BO's stategy)

Obama strategy

He told CNN that Obama "was asked a specific question about what approach he was going to pursue when it came to possible military action in Syria" against ISIS. "That was the specific question he was asked, and the President was explicit, that he is still waiting for plans that are being developed by the Pentagon for military options that he has for going into Syria," Earnest said, adding that "the President has been very clear for months about what our comprehensive strategy is for confronting" the ISIS threat in Iraq.

(if you haven't got it yet, the strategy for confronting ISIS in Eyerak is to wait for options to talk about going into Syria)

He listed steps that have become a mantra of sorts in responding to persistent questioning by reporters in recent weeks about a strategy for confronting ISIS in Iraq and Syria:
• A unified Iraqi government "that can unite that country to meet the threat that's facing their country right now"; (ISIS sure unifies every place under shariah and death and slavery)
• Strengthening the U.S. relationship with Iraqi and Kurdish security forces "to make sure that they have the equipment and training that they need to take the fight to" ISIS on the ground; (they are taking not only the fight but also their weapons, women and children to ISIS)
• Getting regional governments to join in taking on ISIS; (will happen any day now... :roll: )
• Forging an international coalition to join in taking on ISIS, something Obama failed to do when he contemplated but eventually decided against attacking Syria last year over its chemical weapons; and, ("forge" is the key word here, like the WMD satellite photos were forged)
• The use of military force, such as the airstrikes launched in Iraq against ISIS to protect American personnel and minority groups under threat.
"The President is clear that the strategy is one that's not going to solve the problem (so r v, so full agreement there) overnight tomorownext week next year next decade, but he's also clear about the fact that our strategy can't only be the American military," Earnest said. "If we've learned anything over the last 10 or 12 years ... it's that a strategy that only includes military force will not be an enduring solution to this problem."

Obama critics say backing moderate Syrian factions (like the moderate Pakis and moderate Iraqi govt) could have prevented the extremists from gaining traction and helped the opposition topple al-Assad, as desired. Supporters say U.S. weapons would now be in the hands of ISIS if they had been sent to Syria when the war began. Now the United States is sending weapons and other aid to some Syrian opposition groups.

Obama campaigned on ending the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and he forged a foreign policy based on easing the global reliance on the United States to always lead the intervention charge.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

French Passenger Serves As Seat Cushion to Kindly Federal Air Marshals
About two hours after American Airlines Flight 62 had departed Miami on Wednesday, (60-year-old Edmond du Paris) Alexandre allegedly "began arguing with another passenger and became disruptive," according to a press statement from Carmen Ortiz, U.S. Attorney for the District of Massachusetts. Alexandre was also charged under state law. After a crew member asked him to calm down and walked away, "Alexandre allegedly began raising his voice again, followed the crew member towards the back of the plane, and grabbed the crew member's arm," according to Ortiz's statement.

At that time federal air marshals on the flight broke cover and subdued and (greeted and welcomed) Alexandre, :shock: :eek: according to an FBI agent's affidavit, and ensured that in case of turbulence he was protected by the FULL DOUBLE WEIGHTINESS of the FBI. The flight was diverted to Boston Logan International Airport, where he was arrested.

Alexandre complained of high blood pressure and issues with diabetes, according to the affidavit, and was transferred to Massachusetts General Hospital.
Mon Dieu! Le Jacket moi et les Pantaloons Designeureax de Paris, il est tres gros!
He also appeared too small for his clothes, having been compressed.
Last edited by UlanBatori on 30 Aug 2014 01:04, edited 1 time in total.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Post by Rony »

"Diet Racism - The same sweet ignorance of regular racism but with none of the guilt and self awareness"

UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

[urlhttp://www.cnn.com/2014/08/28/justice/ferguson ... ?hpt=hp_t2]Ferguson Police reminded why it is dangerous to leave arrestees alive[/url]
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

I think the issue here is that the whites want a white-dominated country. While, the blacks want equal rights and not be treated like slaves. I don't think there is any long-term solution to this within the current construct. The long term solution would be creation of a two separate countries: one white and one black. But, if one wants to keep the country united, then one can try to create white states and black states. Even then, there is still chance of white states sparring with black states.

Or, whites could go back to Europe and blacks could go black to Africa. That would also be a long-term solution. Something like an Israel solution. Then, the native americans will be masters in US.

I think the problem is that there is a pretension that the racism has ended. This pretension is helpful for the racists and not helpful for those who are victims of racism. I think the first step is to clearly recognize that there is a great divide between blacks and whites. Everything for them seems to be different.

If one wants to continue the the present construct, I think the only solution would be to emulate the Bhaarath: Reservations. I think it must be accepted by the state that historically blacks have been wronged and therefore they deserve some special reservations to help them to establish themselves. Of course, the problem is that once the reservations are given, it would be difficult to withdraw them.

Giving reservations to blacks in all govt jobs, juries, judges, councils, committees, (perhaps even reservations in private jobs because US is a capitalist country). This is one solution that can work to some degree as it has been demonstrated in Bhaarath.
----
The other issue seems to be that the cops seem to have been trained as if they are dealing with an internal revolt. It seems that those who are designing the cops expect an internal revolt. The blacks seem to be the first group in the firing line because they are low in hierarchy.

Basically, it seems like a police state. I am not saying its a wrong thing! A police state could have its positives...especially for the rich and powerful who can exert their influence. But then, the rich and powerful could exert influence even in a non-police state. I guess the difference is that in a police state, other citizens' rights are stripped off and only the rich and powerful have some decent protection. Everyone else becomes a fair game.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

I am not your brother, friend.

I am not your friend, buddy. Zapp!!

I am not your buddy, brother..

You get the idea.