Positive News from the USA

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Re: Positive News from the USA

Post by Karan Dixit »

The mere thought of how many people US executes every year is mind boggling.

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/man-c ... h-executed

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/texas ... cid=msnnws
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Tsk Tsk. Too negative. Look at the positive side!! Things may look bad for Americans but for caste ridden, effeminate, vegetarian, protein starved Indians - Camden is paradise.

In America, the future is now!
Indians who grew up in the sixties and seventies will be familiar with predictions made about the future of USA. A comic strip called "The Jetsons" predicted the future. Science magazines pointed out how mechanization and automation had reduced the work week from over 50 hours to 48 hours and then 40 hours. Overworked, slave driven Indians watched with envy as the US shifted to a five day work week and Saturdays became part of the weekend. It was predicted that people would, in future hot ned to do any work at all but would enjoy endless leisure.

Everything would become easier. Even food and eating would be compressed into high energy packets. A popular sci fi song in the late sixties called "In the Year 2525" predicted that "Everything you think do or say will be in the pill you took today". Well the future is here in Camden, New Jersey.

A recent report observed:
In 1917, a report counted 365 industries in Camden that employed 51,000 people. Famous warships like the Indianapolis were built in Camden's sprawling shipyards. Campbell's soup was made here. Victor Talking Machine Company, which later became RCA Victor, made its home in Camden, and the city once produced a good portion of the world's phonographs; those cool eight-hole pencil sharpeners you might remember from grade school – they were made in Camden too. The first drive-in movie was shown here, in 1933, and one of the country's first planned communities was built here by the federal government for shipyard workers nearly a century ago.

This industrial noise, pollution, oily, sweaty workers has now been cleared away. The future is here! People have boundless leisure and are able to reduce their meals to pills and powders - like the song predicted - and what's more - their minds are free.

Those hundreds of industries have been replaced by about 175 open-air drug markets, through which some quarter of a billion dollars in dope moves every year.

The American dream is alive. For the poor and the oppressed all over the world - freedom is a T-visa away!
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I guess the script writers of movies like dark knight get their ideas from such places...NJ has plenty of rough towns like newark, rahway, .... police in such places equip and operate on the lines of military units.

----
By this, Martinez meant the car. Last summer, in fact, a male-female pair of suburban junkies stole a squad car parked right in front of police headquarters, ran over the cop it belonged to (he survived, but his leg was shattered, his career over), tore across the bridge into Philly pursued by a phalanx of Camden cops ("You can imagine the public's bewilderment, seeing police cars chasing a police car," recalls Thomson), and crashed in Philly after a long chase – only to flee on foot, double back, and steal another car, this time a Philadelphia police cruiser. :roll:
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Reminds me of that enormously fun movie of Burt Reynolds "Smokey and the bandits".
Reynolds is a Native American.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

devesh wrote:I'm not ashamed to admit that this 4 page old thread has already made me aware of things I didn't know before. About America. And this is not sarcasm. Thanks to the people who cam up with it. USA might have given up feudalism but strongman rule is still a very prevalent sociobiological instinct.
Yo dude,
why do you think that feudalism is bad? Even if it is bad, amerika is exceptional, so it can adopt it and make it great.

----

----
X-posting from Indo-US thread:
johneeG wrote:
chaanakya wrote:See the problem is half of the American population is wither rape victim of rapist in the name of officially sanctioned rape at least once in their life time. Most of them have become so accustomed that they seem to enjoy it. And democracy is what majority wants. So you can infer that they have become racist and sadist to a large extent and cloaked it in the legal protection. This applies to MUTUs, MMTUs, and white Khans and Brown Khans and Black Khans and Khans of assorted kinds. Moreover anyone newly arriving in US or having brush with LEOs are also getting the taste of things to come once they get GCs. It is called Standard Orifice Penetration or SOP as described by Mary Mad Herf.
There seems to be a huge problem in amirkhan judiciary, police and prison system. Unlike Bhaarath(which also has problems in these areas), where atleast the problems are acknowledged by one & all and the need to rectify it is also accepted, in Amirkhan the problems are rarely acknowledged and infact, there is a celebration of this system.

In Bhaarath, politicians generally promise to change the system and better it. In amirkhan, the politicians generally promise to keep the system as it is or perhaps 'toughen' it. O'bomber was an exception when he promised to change things. But he seems to have let down the people who voted for him hoping for a change.
habal wrote:Actually it serves many purposes. Once the human spirit is broken, then they will slowly lose the will to understand and empathize with fellow human being because no human empathized with their plight during cavity search. Secondly this will also desensitize citizens to abhorrent news from war front, so that it seems no atrocity is too severe.

That is the chief reason why Abu Ghraib, Fallujah, Iraq, Libya, Syria etc failed to appear significantly on American mind maps. This is sociological manipulation at it's best, and the desensitization was complete.

The pattern of enticing more immigrants also means, the new FOBs are more meek and ready to follow orders and thus a captive population for carrying out the states orders, case in point is lapdog PB & ilk, they are themselves kept in check by the state through mere threat of cavity search in prison, on roadside, in airport etc (all vetted by HON USA SUPREME COURT 5-4, no less) and as well as in readiness to carry out any perverse orders without any seeming disturbances above surface. They are also gamed in any potential dissent by showing that the rules were framed before their arrival, is effective to ensure a safe society upon their arrival, and is unquestionable. So psychologically the immigrants shall look for other scapegoats to hang their guilt on, that is what leads their fingers pointing all the way towards India, for all their ills.

The mental manipulation is complete. Wah re Chaachaaa kya system banaya ..

This beats the Mughal zabardasti system at different levels.
Saar,
the dehumanization and desensitization seems to start with cops/soldiers. First they are subjected to all kinds of humiliation and dehumanizing techniques during training which they are supposed to bear in the name of bravery and toughness. Only those who are hardened and desensitized in such training process are selected. Then, these people are let loose on the population. Since no one sympathized with these cops/soldiers, they don't feel pity for others.

This leads to situations like Abu Gariab or Cavity search. Infact, the cops or soldiers don't even think that they are doing anything wrong.

Whenever, things like Abu Gariab or Cavity search are mentioned people think of victims. But what kind of human being would want to perpetuate things like abu gariab or cavity search(which seem to have been institutionalized)? A normal human being wouldn't be comfortable doing that. So, the first thing that is remarkable about such things is that there are people willing to perpetuate such things. How are these people created? They are created using dehumanizing techniques.

And massa has same training methods for marines and cops. And many ex-marines or soldiers become cops.
Hazing and Bullying in the Police Academy

December 16, 2013 by improvingpolice 7 Comments

hazing 2 Last week I read an article in the New York Times Magazine about police training in Atlanta. It reminded me of my days in the Marines – not my 33 years in the police.

I spent a decade on active and reserve duty as a U.S. Marine. I was an enlisted man and went through a tough 12-week boot camp in San Diego in the late 1950s.. The things I were asked to do and bear made sense given my chosen occupation: I was to be a fighting man — to seek out, engage, and destroy an enemy

When I left the Marines and set off to become a police officer, I thankfully was trained as a police officer and not a soldier. That made sense to me as I quickly understood that there was a big difference between the two.

Now back to the Times story: it was about Jacob Mach’s journey to America from the Sudan. He was one of the 4,000 “Lost Boys” of the Sudan. After coming to America 12 years ago, he now was training to become an Atlanta police officer.

You can see the full video story HERE. hazing

What I saw in this documentary was a questionable learning environment that both emotionally and physically stressed its students.

During my years as a police leader, I tried to teach other police departments the best way to go about preparing young men and women to become police officers. This was not one of them.

I stress in my book that police officers need to be college educated, well-trained, controlled in their use of force, honest, and respectful. The following is a story about one of my experiences teaching leadership and improvement methods to a large urban police department in the West:

“As I was setting up my classroom at their training academy, I looked out the window and observed a formation of their new police recruits. I decided to go outside and get a closer look. The recruits were standing in three ranks—it was an inspection, a situation I could easily relate to from my days as a Marine.

“Suddenly, the training instructors started yelling at the new officers. Some were ordered to do push-ups by way of the familiar military command: ‘Drop and give me ten.’ In addition, I heard the instructors calling the young officers ‘assholes.’ I returned to the classroom in time to greet the chief and his command staff. I introduced myself and the curriculum for the next three days, then asked, ‘Are your officers permitted to call citizens names?’ They seem shocked, ‘We have rules against doing that. Why do you ask?’

“’Well,’ I replied, ‘I was watching your new officers outside this window and observed your trainers calling them very derogatory names. You know, it really doesn’t matter if you have rules against such conduct because when their teachers call them names, they will think that it’s okay for them to do the same to citizens. And if you ever try to discipline them, their defense will simply be, ‘That’s what the department taught me.’”

“I recently learned that the department never did change. Their academy remains stress-based, military, and intimidating. I don’t know if their training officers ever stopped calling recruit officers names. But one thing I do know, is that if they don’t stop, I predict they will continue to have problems with officers disrespecting citizens. How could they expect any different kind of an outcome?…

Half of our nation’s police academies train in an atmosphere police trainers themselves identify as stress-based; that is, intimidating, even bullying. This makes half of American police academies more like military boot camps or correctional facilities than places in which college-educated young men and women are prepared to be professional police practitioners…

“Today, many police departments still continue to run their training academies like boot camps. These departments have training officers who look and act like Marine Corps drill instructors. They even wear the familiar Smoky Bear hats of a Marine drill instructor. As I became more acquainted with police work, I couldn’t understand why police were using the same training model I had been subjected to as a Marine. There was no similarity whatsoever between being a Marine infantryman and a police officer—the two job functions were as different as night and day.

I found this documentary about police training in Atlanta to be very unsettling. I challenge the basic assumptions about the efficacy of this model. First of all, is it necessary to bully and abuse police recruits in order to teach them the skills necessary to be an effective police officer today? Do people learn better under encouragement than stress? I think we all know the answer.

Secondly, if the stress-based, boot camp style is a necessary part of police work, why aren’t the highly-valued physical fitness requirements required of all police officers during their careers, not just at the beginning? (In fact, the only skill that continues to be evaluated by most police departments is periodic firearms, and not physical fitness, qualification standards.)

The best argument against this method of teaching occurs in the documentary itself. It was when Mach was having trouble on the shooting range and we see two styles of teaching used on him: one by an aggressive and demeaning male instructor and the other by a nurturing female instructor. Which one was effective in helping Mach qualify that day? Of course, the instructor who acted in a helping and humane manner.

This kind of debasing treatment in one way or another continues as the primary training protocol in at least half of our nation’s police training academies. It must stop.

At the end of the documentary, Mach was dismissed from the academy. Thankfully, he found a job as an Atlanta city Code Enforcement Officer. Watching him work effectively in this new job tells me that given another kind of training environment he would be a successful police officer.

The other thing that troubles me is that while we, as a nation, are working to eliminate hazing and bullying in our nation’s schools and workplaces, we need to take a better look at how our recruit police officers are treated. Hazing and bullying does not teach anyone anything except how to haze and bully. And they are not the kind of things we want our nation’s police to know let alone be subjected to.
Link

So, the cops are trained in the same model as marines. What is a marine training?

Movies like Full Metal Jacket are based on marine boot camps.

---

----
Movies like A Few Good Men are based on institutional hazing culture.
Link
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Karan M wrote:
Well, that seems pure and simple a bug in the software across both the US & Japanese products without any malice intended, probably solved by increasing the test cases and making the software more robust.
Well racism need not be with intentional malice always. It could work at subconscious level as well. This reply found in comments section answers your point

The issue of software companies' testing on their employees being a handicap on race identification is but one way in which the microcosm of (mostly) west coast USA software companies construct a world in which everyone defaults to speaking English, has a particular timezone in the northern hemisphere, and lives in a continually connected digital network. Most usability bugs that affect the rest of humanity with respect to using products from Google, Apple, Microsoft etc stem from the limited experiential range afforded by the environment that the technology was developed in.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Re: Count-up to the anniversary -- day 2

Post by pankajs »

TSJones wrote:Here's the deal: I can't find any puppetteers in the US that really cares.
TSJ my posts are meant for Indian, both in India and abroad.

How many Indian know that sexual assault as defined by Indian law is SOP for US law enforcement? How many Indian know that conviction rate of rapist in US is below 3% (Not my stats) and that the US faces a sexual assault epidemic (Not my words)?

While I am not as enamored by the US as some of my fellow country folks are, even I did not know that US has such an abysmal record on sexual assault. Or that fully 25% of the world prison population is in US and that record is far worse if you look at it on a per capita basis. Normally such figures would be associated with a turd world country or a totalitarian regime. Who would have thunk!

So it is an effort at self education and of collecting data. I have seen many down right wrong assertions, about the greatness almost to the point of godliness of the US system, by both Indian and Americans go unchallenged. For me it is less about the mirror but more about the torch.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

There is no difference in US Assaultistan and Pakistan jirghas. They both blame the victim for some infraction of self interpreted law and then gang rape them. US Assaultistan has institutionised it in the name of Freedom and SOP while Pakistan uses Islam.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

TSJones wrote:
Here's the deal: I can't find any puppetteers in the US that really cares. This Indian-US tamasha doesn't even rate an honorable mention by the fleshy headed mutants at foreignpolicy.com. So Indian will supply the drama and the US will supply the "huh?". Oh, there are a few puppetteers that follow this forum but only so that they can be warned of future threat scenarios and inform the Hind Most. But that's about it. A pitiful handful. I mean India's anti-homsexual laws don't even rate a squeak of outrage in the US LGBT community. They are all focused on Russia's anti-homosexual obessions and the possible impact at the winter olympics. Meanwhile this forum can regale in it's anonymity except for a few of the security minions of the Hind Most.
LOL. A fact for which I am glad. It is usually not a good idea to be in the full glare of the US media. The attention is usually not positive....the the Indian media's attention to the recent US-diplomatic spat.
Also, the good people in the states are not usually known for being very internationally suave and aware.

It's interesting to see TSJ's discomfiture here, who is one of the few mainstream US folks on this forum.
Don't worry TSJ...there are loads of Indian Americans here, and they can make fun of anybody they see. Freedom of speech in BOTH India and America.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

vic wrote:There is no difference in US Assaultistan and Pakistan jirghas. They both blame the victim for some infraction of self interpreted law and then gang rape them. US Assaultistan has institutionised it in the name of Freedom and SOP while Pakistan uses Islam.
Broad generalizations are not helpful.

They drag down the level of debate, and bring out the worst in both parties. This is a classic example of shirting. In the end, apart from a smirk, what does it achieve? If you want to build consensus, be prepared to present and face facts. Otherwise you grow only blind exploitable nationalism.

And no, we do not want to talk about (y)our arabian and superior neighbors in the same page, let alone the same sentence here. Impulse is not a virtue, and somone else's true worth is not defined by your opinion.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

mahadevbhu wrote: It's interesting to see TSJ's discomfiture here, who is one of the few mainstream US folks on this forum.
Don't worry TSJ...there are loads of Indian Americans here, and they can make fun of anybody they see. Freedom of speech in BOTH India and America.
This is why you look to your elders for guidance. For only experience unwraps the layers of truth hidden in plain sight.

No one, not eveen TSJ is more or less "mainstream" than anyone else. Leave your preconceptions aside for a little while. Do not assign inherent value or bias to names or opinions. If you can not do this anonymously for what is a simple exercise in satire, will you be able to do it in real life?

Edit: err, changing from the large bird to simple meaning intended, silly auto-correct.
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Broad generalization are helpful when they are correct. Meet the argument rather than giving gratuitous advice.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

vic wrote:Broad generalization are helpful when they are correct. Meet the argument rather than giving gratuitous advice.
Let us meet the argument, then shall we? Have you faced either of these? Do you know the law or its application? Have you been hung or quartered to carry this animus?

There is a level of civility in the US system, that did not make a Bhutto out of DK. The two are not comparable, leave the generalizations alone. There may be people who know what they are talking about.

This is not the thread for arguments. Visit the strat-e-gic discussion if you like and froth as much as you like.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

^
Namaste Guruji, where have you been?
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

Mahendra wrote:^
Namaste Guruji, where have you been?
Lurking.

A life faces many cancers, if you know what I mean. You are all here now, spread some true positivity. I am much better being quiet for another six months.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Vic,

This is a thread in which Shreeman is a guide, maybe the guide... Along with the doc who started it. Pls let them run it.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

shiv wrote:
Meanwhile I am getting back to regular programming.
Saar, warm up hogaya? :mrgreen:
vic
BRF Oldie

Post by vic »

Shreeman wrote:
vic wrote:Broad generalization are helpful when they are correct. Meet the argument rather than giving gratuitous advice.
Let us meet the argument, then shall we? Have you faced either of these? Do you know the law or its application? Have you been hung or quartered to carry this animus?

There is a level of civility in the US system, that did not make a Bhutto out of DK. The two are not comparable, leave the generalizations alone. There may be people who know what they are talking about.

This is not the thread for arguments. Visit the strat-e-gic discussion if you like and froth as much as you like.

Now you are comparing DK with Bhutto and saying it is meeting the argument. Is it the best you have come up with? And I know the law atleast in India way better than most of netizens. None of the persons on this board have been known to be raped, or does it mean that you need to be raped to be poster on this thread? We saw the Civility of USA in Bhopal Gas tragedy.
a_bharat
BRFite

Post by a_bharat »

^^
They may be A'oles, but they are very civil. That the civility is fake is another matter.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Half of Sexual Abuse Claims in American Prisons Involve Guards, Study Says
Allegations of sex abuse across the country's prisons are on the rise, with nearly half of cases allegedly being perpetrated by guards, according to a new study conducted by the Justice Department.

The study found 49 percent of the unwanted sexual misconduct or harassment involved prison staff as perpetrators, in acts ranging from verbal sexual harrassment to the most serious nonconsensual sexual penetration.

Bradley W. Brockmann, executive director of The Center for Prisoner Health and Human Rights at Brown University told ABC News that although the study showed there was a rise in the number of reports of sexual abuse, those cases represented a minute fraction of the "extraordinary sexual victimization that goes on daily."

"The biggest challenge here is that prisons are closed doors," said Brockmann, who is also a civil rights attorney. "What happens behind those walls generally stays behind them. For somebody to speak out takes immense courage."

Brockmann said that often when prisoners do speak out, they fear retaliation from the correctional officers.

"Ultimately unless there are witnesses -- which is rare -- it's going to come down to the word of the prisoner versus officer," he said.

This aligns with the study's findings, which revealed that only 10 percent of sexual abuse claims were investigated and substantiated by officials, the rest being dismissed as "unfounded" or "unsubstantiated."

Of the fewer cases in which the sexual abuse claims against correctional officers were found to be substantiated, more than three-quarters of those officers were fired or resigned, while 45 percent were referred for prosecution and only 1 percent were actually convicted of a crime.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

Cross post >> More positive news from the bestest of the bestest of the bestest justice system in the world.

Alabama Prison Was House of Horrors for Female Inmates, Feds Say
A Justice Department investigation accuses Alabama officials of violating women’s rights by fostering an environment of rampant sexual abuse at the state’s Tutwiler Prison, where inmates “universally fear for their safety” and officers allegedly forced women to engage in sex acts just to obtain basic sanitary supplies.

The nearly 900 women incarcerated at the maximum-security prison live “in a toxic environment with repeated and open sexual behavior,” the Justice Department said in announcing its findings today into the Wetumpka, Ala., facility.

As part of the alleged abuses, male officers openly watched women shower or use the toilet, staff helped organize a “strip show,” prisoners received a constant barrage of sexually offensive language, and prisoners who reported improper conduct were punished, according to the department.

What’s more, at least a third of the 99 employees at Tutwiler have had sex with prisoners, the department said.

“We conclude that the state of Alabama violates the Eighth Amendment of the United States Constitution by failing to protect women prisoners at Tutwiler [Prison] from harm due to sexual abuse and harassment from correctional staff,” the Justice Department wrote in a letter to Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley.

Perhaps most disturbing, investigators concluded the Alabama Department of Corrections and officials at Tutwiler have been “well aware of the multitude of structural problems that allow this abuse and harassment to continue unabated.”

“Officials have been on notice for over eighteen years of the risks to women prisoners and, for over eighteen years, have chosen to ignore them,” the head of the Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division, Acting Assistant Attorney General Jocelyn Samuels, said in the letter. In that time, inmates have been raped, sodomized and fondled by prison staff, yet officials “remain deliberately indifferent to the serious and significant need to protect women prisoners.

In addition, the report found the sexual abuse and harassment were grossly under-reported due to fear of retaliation.

“Action needs to be taken immediately,” George Beck Jr., the U.S. attorney for the Middle District of Alabama, said in a statement.

The Justice Department’s inquiry began in February 2013, after what it called a “sordid history of sexual abuse and harassment” at Tutwiler since it opened in 1942. As part of their investigation, federal officials visited Tutwiler, interviewed dozens of prisoners, and reviewed 233 letters from current inmates.

But their work is not over. In a notice to Alabama officials, the Justice Department said its investigation will now look at more potential violations of prisoners’ rights, including allegations of excessive force and constitutionally inadequate conditions of confinement and health care.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

Mahendra wrote:^
where have you been?
Hmm! :idea:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

The facility was named in honor of the "Angel of the Stockades", Julia S. Tutwiler, a noted Alabama educator and crusader for inmate education, classification, and improvement of prison conditions.

think of the irony behind the name and the fact its a state run facility not a outsourced jail handed over to shady pvt contractors.

the amazing thing is nobody seems to care for these poor people in a land which invented the "activist NGO" and probably has the biggest number of NGOs in the world.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

vic wrote: Now you are comparing DK ....
You have yourself correctly pointed out the problems of painting with broad brushes. Nothing is monolithic.
This is not the thread, and I am not allowed out of here, for good reason. Visit the strat-e-gic threads. You will find like minds there.
UlanBatori
BRF Oldie

Post by UlanBatori »

OT, sorry, but while the right assemblage is present one has to look back
and see that the sistahs did not fail to extract retribution
In 2013, Musharraf was arrested for being personally responsible for ordering the siege.
ManjaM
BRFite

Post by ManjaM »

North Carolina police encouraging smooth movement of traffic at McDonalds drive through.
PoPo wants yall to know, those fries are to die for.

Last edited by ManjaM on 26 Jan 2014 22:15, edited 1 time in total.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Count-up to the anniversary -- day 3

Post by Shreeman »

Editorial (replacement): the value of satire
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
keywords: humility, mirror

(January 26, U-NSN staff volunteer, uncredited) A weekly editorial was promised but given the clarity of the above, or lack thereof, the following is substituted. Satire is a very useful tool for mature audiences. It is useless, is maturity is absent. If you present a good set of consistent arguments, you will make your supposed adversary think, if they are mature enough. But if you sprinkle it here or there, you will have no effect. If you feel your adversary is not mature then satire is not a tool in your arsenal. Nor is wit, wisdom, or dialog. But then that is also not this news agency's domain. We claim the audience is mature and this it is not adversarial. Satire is relevant but it must be judiciously presented, consistently, and for sufficient duration to be effective. A sort of fungal remedy, if you must.

Perhaps, this also means that we clarify why individuals are not important. Consider that APJAK is a million times more important than DK, despite gender sensitivities. And there is an equal chance that the current response may be discrimination taking wing, no different than the root cause of the problem, or the incident. Individuals are not infallible. Identifying with them carries the risks of taking on liabilities that principles do not obtain. Ordinary citizens faced issues far more severe via the same processes, often, and for long enough. The remedies yet may remain opaque. In a sense, exuberant enthusiasm without understanding the cause may lead to the same braveheart mentality that leads to token nomenclature and no long term results.

All the above is general. So have we contradicted ourselves again? Perhaps. Perhaps, not. There is a time, place, and person for every thing. Our thing is humor, satire, and positive energy. These are fragile sophisticated beings, and do not mix well with anger, hostility or unsubstantiated facts. We are not particularly good at the good things, and quite bad at the rest. So if this effort is to perceive any fruits, it must retain its consistency. At least for long enough for periodic interruptions to be not treated as its inherent nature. And for diverse voices to find sufficient common ground to read it. Mr Jones has previously correctly identified the limitations of attempting a marathi drama in chechnya. We are mindful of the advice.

There is plenty of forum space for the other aspects, this was missing.

Hussain HankPsnky
U-NSN
Silicone Valley Wilds
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

TSJones wrote:
Here's the deal: I can't find any puppetteers in the US that really cares. This Indian-US tamasha doesn't even rate an honorable mention by the fleshy headed mutants at foreignpolicy.com. So Indian will supply the drama and the US will supply the "huh?". Oh, there are a few puppetteers that follow this forum but only so that they can be warned of future threat scenarios and inform the Hind Most. But that's about it. A pitiful handful. I mean India's anti-homsexual laws don't even rate a squeak of outrage in the US LGBT community. They are all focused on Russia's anti-homosexual obessions and the possible impact at the winter olympics. Meanwhile this forum can regale in it's anonymity except for a few of the security minions of the Hind Most.
Seriously, are you not able to find any puppetteers in US that really cares and that in India US tamasha US will supply 'Duh'?
Well, you might be right that US does not care but I find it incredible that even you ( acknowledged Amrikhan in the forum, one can't really be sure though) were force to make comments.

When , rant of white Amirkhan Diplomatic trash Wayne May and Alicia May on facebook was hit by a Missile named Anmol the most incredible USG/USSD reaction we saw.
US has distanced itself from the alleged offensive commentsmade by its diplomat, who was last week expelled by India in a tit-for-tat action following arrest of a senior Indian diplomat in New York last month.

"Those comments absolutely do not reflect US Government policy, nor were they made on any official US Government social media account," State Department Deputy Spokesperson, Marie Harf, told reporters at her daily news conference.
We saw facebook postings getting Anmolised and there were collateral damages resulting in many other diplomatic farts on facebook by USSD Morons getting anmolised.

And when AES 'institutionalised fraud' hit the mainstream US produced a little more fart then your 'duh'. They disowned AES entirely, never mind it is run by Nancy Powell and lies of USG was nailed in public. But then why would you care when your President ( aka George W Bush) produced lies left right and centre about WMD. This was a small affair in comparison to that. yet we heard loud fart and not mere 'duh'

"It (American Embassy School) is not run by the embassy. Only about a third of the students there are American. We are in discussion with the government of India regarding issues they have raised concerning the school," State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki told reporters yesterday.

"Since 1952, when the embassy exchanged diplomatic notes with the government of India to establish the American Embassy School, the school has succeeded in providing an international education in New Delhi for the children of diplomatic and expat business community," Psaki said.
Thus the State Department was not only distancing itself from the wrongdoings of AES but also was seen as washing its hands off an important American entity in New Delhi at a time when the entity needed Washington’s support the most. However, the State Department’s lame argument does not cut much ice if you see the attached document. View here.

Well this anonymous forum elicited responses from USG and yet you don't seem to care though worry enough to make comments.
Shreeman
BRF Oldie

Post by Shreeman »

UlanBatori wrote:OT, sorry, but while the right assemblage is present one has to look back
and see that the sistahs did not fail to extract retribution
In 2013, Musharraf was arrested for being personally responsible for ordering the siege.
OT (and last OT as well as guidance, we we will restrict ourselves to once daily scheduled programming to the anniversary, here on. Sorry, staff shortages): The nature of a beast is not yet revealed, and may never be, given the nature of a forum discussion to take divergent directions. The rot is systemic, there are no individuals of note.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

chaanakya wrote:
TSJones wrote:
Seriously, are you not able to find any puppetteers in US that really cares and that in India US tamasha US will supply 'Duh'?
Well, you might be right that US does not care but I find it incredible that even you ( acknowledged Amrikhan in the forum, one can't really be sure though) were force to make comments.

When , rant of white Amirkhan Diplomatic trash Wayne May and Alicia May on facebook was hit by a Missile named Anmol the most incredible USG/USSD reaction we saw.
US has distanced itself from the alleged offensive commentsmade by its diplomat, who was last week expelled by India in a tit-for-tat action following arrest of a senior Indian diplomat in New York last month.

"Those comments absolutely do not reflect US Government policy, nor were they made on any official US Government social media account," State Department Deputy Spokesperson, Marie Harf, told reporters at her daily news conference.
We saw facebook postings getting Anmolised and there were collateral damages resulting in many other diplomatic farts on facebook by USSD Morons getting anmolised.

And when AES 'institutionalised fraud' hit the mainstream US produced a little more fart then your 'duh'. They disowned AES entirely, never mind it is run by Nancy Powell and lies of USG was nailed in public. But then why would you care when your President ( aka George W Bush) produced lies left right and centre about WMD. This was a small affair in comparison to that. yet we heard loud fart and not mere 'duh'

"It (American Embassy School) is not run by the embassy. Only about a third of the students there are American. We are in discussion with the government of India regarding issues they have raised concerning the school," State Department Spokesperson Jen Psaki told reporters yesterday.

"Since 1952, when the embassy exchanged diplomatic notes with the government of India to establish the American Embassy School, the school has succeeded in providing an international education in New Delhi for the children of diplomatic and expat business community," Psaki said.
Thus the State Department was not only distancing itself from the wrongdoings of AES but also was seen as washing its hands off an important American entity in New Delhi at a time when the entity needed Washington’s support the most. However, the State Department’s lame argument does not cut much ice if you see the attached document. View here.

Well this anonymous forum elicited responses from USG and yet you don't seem to care though worry enough to make comments.
You call disavowing the actions of the Mays and the AES a response of care? Hmmmm, OK, it's caring if you say so. :) That was easy.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

That is how Amirkhanss are capable of caring of their own ,no.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

AMERICAN BEEF GETS HEALTHIER

The age old home remedy of applying a slab of raw beef on an injury such as a black eye has been dismissed by experts as superstition. But that is all set to change. Healthy cows are made fatter and healthier by adding the antibiotic Tetracycline to their diet. The antibiotic kills bacteria that eat what the cow is supposed to digest, ensuring that the cow gets her full value of nutrition, making her healthier and making your juicy beefburger bigger and jucier, apart from filling it with life-saving antibiotics that ensure that you never suffer from nasty stomach bugs.

But the that is not all. The benefits go beyond that. The antibiotics in the meat will help heal your wounds faster when you apply raw meat to an injury - giving new meaning to an old belief. The next time you get that black eye in a barroom brawl make sure you have a healthy tenderloin in your freezer to melt the blues away. Literally.

Read it all here

ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vic, Et al analogies are easy but they detract the focus.
Hope its understood.
Orwellian speak.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

Conman-turned-pastor convicted of cheating church

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/conma ... ing-church
ManjaM
BRFite

Post by ManjaM »

US Marines help with stray dog population control in Iraq. No tax payer money was wasted in the process. David Mortari, true American hero.

What have you done for the country today?
Last edited by ManjaM on 26 Jan 2014 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

1 student shot to death outside SC State dorm

http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/1-stu ... state-dorm
Karan Dixit
BRFite

Post by Karan Dixit »

ManjaM wrote:
US Marines help with stray dog population control in Iraq. No tax payer money was wasted in the process. David Mortari, true American hero.
I wonder why Afghans would not sign the bilateral treaty with the US.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Karan Dixit wrote:
ManjaM wrote:
I wonder why Afghans would not sign the bilateral treaty with the US.
And he wears glasses to too!
sampat
BRFite

Post by sampat »

A Buddhist family is suing a Louisiana public school board for violating their right to religious freedom - the lawsuit contains a shocking list of religious indoctrination
Roark crossed out the word ‘supposedly’. She also has told students that the Bible is ‘100% true” and that ‘scientists are slowly finding out that everything in the Bible is accurate.’” This is convenient, of course, since, as Roark told her class recently, Buddhism “’is stupid. Speaking about the founder of Buddhism, Siddhartha, she proclaimed that ‘no one could stay alive that long without food and water.”
ManjaM
BRFite

Post by ManjaM »

Shreeman, if I am messing with the scheduled events on this thread, say so and I will go back to lurking. My only desire is for USA to be seen in pojitivepositive light.