Many dead, including Police SP in Gurdaspur Terror attack

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
vdutta
BRFite

Re: Many dead, including Police SP in Gurdaspur Terror attac

Post by vdutta »

Dirty, ugly, bearded, smelly and inbred. What else proof you need that they are pakistani.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

gakakkad wrote: ..................................................
also one must remember that piggistan is a sh!t hole of 25 crore pigs ... entire Hamas and hisbollah would probably fit in a small part of k'rachi ...

we face a situation even worse than the Russians did in WW2...

Covert ops and small targeted killings , and freezing finance of the pigs is the only way....
Only way to stop all this BS is to make the top brass at GHQ work for you. Unless the head talk the same language as you do, there is no solution.

Mushy was one person who started to talk the same language as we did after existential threats from US. He literally reversed the course on lot of militancy related activity.

Now we also must understand who actually have leverage on them, is it US or China or aliens or Jinns and work our way from there.

Any sort of intimidation, change of head etc etc wont work until or unless their supply chains are in place.
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

SaiK wrote:whatever happened to dovalji's plan of offensive defence?
The suspense is killing you, is it? :)

Well let's hope that it kills some Pakistani jihadis.
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

http://www.india.com/news/india/gurdasp ... ns-481041/

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 244114.cms

per recent sources.

The point of entry is Bamiyal Village which is 26 km from Parmanand. One point of view doing rounds is that they forded the canal to get into India despite the fast flow. The only place where you could go with the flow and end up in India in that area is the Pakistani village of Fathoi Chak. If you enter the river there you would end up near the Kamalpur Jattan area in India. No BSF posts are visible in the area. This appears to be based on the GPS module which was turned on after the attackers crossed the border.

Then they made it to the Dhussi Bandh which runs along the Dorangla Galahri road.

By walking along the road they made it to Parmanand. It is not clear how they made it unobserved along this road.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

Instead of going North towards Jammu they went South towards Gurdaspur? Why?
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

vdutta wrote:Dirty, ugly, bearded, smelly and inbred. What else proof you need that they are pakistani.
Just check if they were circumcised, its a crude method porkies you to check someones Indianness.
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

They were all pakis no need to debate this. The pigeon and modi just need to deliver the payment and interest.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

Harpal Bector wrote: By walking along the road they made it to Parmanand. It is not clear how they made it unobserved along this road.
Except the gadgets needed to cross over, rest of gadgets plus arms/ammunition would have been smuggled through a different route. Once in India, they would go and pick them up before the operation.
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

So two possibilities:

1. The pigs came loaded with arms and ammunition

OR

2. Arms and ammunition was sent via different route to a safe house
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Sid wrote: I think somehow they got cold feet and things went downhill from there.
May be the daring bus driver did in their self-confidence. He played chicken with these chickensh1ts and scared the pakistan out of their musharrafs.
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Harpal Bector wrote:... and to present the data from the Bombay Police investigations directly to his face in New Delhi. Being quite savvy in the art of deflection, the DG-ISI Shuja Ahmed Pasha declined the invitation and sought to meet with Indian representatives on neutral ground in the presence of US intermediaries. In this fashion the first strategic counter move of the Manmohan Singh government was defeated.
May be I am a little dense but I miss the point. In New Delhi or foggy bottom, the evidence could have been presented directly to his face. I remember maverick posting on his blog an article wit the title "Pasha, meet saheb in delhi". What exactly could have been achieved?

I am sure all parties - Pakistanis, India, and USA - knew under whose direction the op was conducted.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Harpal, Did they establish when these terrorists crossed over?

Folks pleas post the articles as they come for we are starved of information.
Gaurav Sawant wrote about Punjab Police action has some new details.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab ... 12623.html

He engaged the terrorists with borrowed weapons for 30 minutes before security forces commenced the operation.

The residents of Dinanagar are saluting one of their own, Head Constable Sham Sunder (43), who kept at the bay the militants for a good 30-odd minutes after borrowing weapons and ammunition from one of his friends before security forces commenced the actual operation.
Sham Sunder was on the verge of completing his morning walk when he heard a sudden burst of gunfire originating from the rear of the bus stand. A friend told him that some fire crackers were being burst by “some wayward children early in the morning.” But Sham Sunder refused to believe what his friend told him. His policing instincts—he has been with the force for the last 23 years—told him the sound was not of firecrackers. The high decibel sound was a result of somebody firing from an AK-47 rifle.
He immediately rushed to his second floor residential quarters, located within the precincts of the police station, and knocked the door of his flat. Relieved after finding that his wife, son and daughter were safe, Sham Sunder rushed to the roof and engaged the militants who had been holed up 30 metres away in the old DSP building. Before reaching his residence, Sham Sunder had called up his friend Pran Nath Khajuria and had asked him to hand him over whatever licensed weapons he had. Khajuria ran to his residence and within five minutes he handed over Sham Sunder a .12 bore rifle, a .32 bore revolver and 50 rounds of ammunition.
Armed, Sham Sunder took charge on his roof and started firing at the militants. “They had telescopic rifles. Their aim was good. They seemed to be highly trained sharp shooters. I kept on firing as I knew that the police would take nearly an hour to take out the ammunition needed for the operation from the Malkhana located in the Police Lines. First I used my revolver but then I sensed it was not effective keeping in view its limited range. I kept it aside and started using my rifle,” he disclosed.

His wife Ramal Kanta, son Tushar (15) and daughter Diksha (12) kept on requesting Sham Sunder to come down from the roof which by now had been converted into a mini battleground. The head constable, wearing a kurta pyjama, was not willing to listen. After 15 minutes his movements on the rooftop caught the attention of SP (Headquarters) Salwinder Singh. The SP asked him to come down and get dressed in his police uniform.
Sham Sunder clambered down, crawled into his residence and within no time he was again exchanging fire with the militants after wearing his uniform. This continued for nearly 30 minutes till the first batch of armed security personnel made their presence felt. “I made them waste nearly 50 odd bullets. They were firing from AK-47 guns,” he added.
Sham Sunder has his ancestral house in Dinanagar town but for the last seven years he has been staying in the residential quarters meant for policemen inside the police station. Ever since yesterday’s pyrotechnics, Sham Sunder has become a hero among both his colleagues and residents.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

SBajwa, Another policeman took up an injured sentry's rifle and shot at the terrorists forcing them to seek cover in the police station. That effectively ended their mission.

Soon after the SH and SP came into action. And killed one of the terrorists. This happened quite early on.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

http://www.tribuneindia.com/news/punjab ... 12625.html

Ferozepur: Traffic has resumed on the Pathankot-Amritsar railway link, which was suspended on Monday following the recovery of five bombs planted on the track near Dinanagar railway station. Divisional Railway Manager (Ferozepur) Anuj Prakash said once the bombs were defused, a pilot locomotive was run on trial on the track around midnight on Tuesday. “Now all the trains have resumed,” he said, adding the RPF officials had been put on alert.
Activists held for bid to stop Indo-Pak bus
Jalandhar: Over 20 activists of Hindu Jagriti Manch were arrested by the police while they were planning to stop the Delhi-bound bus coming from Lahore on Tuesday. They were arrested before they could stop the bus. The police also changed the route of the bus to prevent any hindrance. The activists were heading towards PAP Chowk to stop the bus, but they were stopped a few kilometres away.
High alert sounded in J&K, border areas
Jammu: A high alert has been sounded in Jammu and Kashmir, particularly in areas along the border with Pakistan. The J&K Police have sealed the Punjab-Jammu border and every vehicle from Punjab was being put to thorough checking. "We have set up additional check points on the Jammu-Pathankot highway. Rail tracks have also been checked to rule out possibility of more IEDs," Danish Rana, IGP of the Jammu zone said. The entire track between Jammu and Pathankot was checked with the help of dog squads to rule out possibility of sabotage by terrorists, he said.
CM to meet martyred SP’s family today
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal will visit the family of martyred Superintendent of Police (Detective) Baljit Singh in Kapurthala on Wednesday. He will also meet the families of the three home guards — Des Raj, Bodh Raj and Sukhdev Singh — and as many civilians who lost their lives in the Dinanagar terror attack. Among the civilians were Amarjeet Singh, Nirmala Devi and Ghulam Rasul, all residents of Dinanagar.
Cops moved to op site from morning parade
Jalandhar: Senior Punjab Armed Police (PAP) officers have denied reports that the Punjab Police were ill-equipped during their fight against the terrorists. They said the policemen who participated in the operation moved to the attack site straight from their morning parade session. Sources said nine PAP companies (each comprising 75 men), 11 of Anti-Terrorist Squad, Bomb Defusing Squad and weaponry, including LMGs, AK 47s, dragon lights and grenades, were moved to Dinanagar.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I have a BRF project.

Please trace the first report claiming these were Khalistani Sikhs.

We need to understand who did it?

And who put up the canard of under equipped Punjab Police?

These SLIME need to be unmasked.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

by Ramana
Very early on I think Tanima Biswas of NDTV was showing a clip of an escaped person who was saying

"I saw at least one Sikh" Then he claims he is having a bad headache and then later he retracted that
the sikh that he saw was actually Home Guard person running away from terrorists.

Now! The later reports of retracting his early statements were not shown! channels hung on to the first clip claiming "I saw a Sikh". So a Home Guard person who was sleeping in his civilian clothes was mistaken to be a "Khalistani Terrorist".
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

NSFW
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

"We have examined the GPS sets and found that the terrorists entered Indian territory on July 21-22 night. If this is true, the terrorists would have been staying here for five days. That is worrisome," an investigator said.

"If they entered from the Bamiyal sector, which is about 25-odd km from Dinanagar, and trotted on foot for such a long distance unnoticed with so much of ammunition, or hid somewhere or stayed with someone for five days and did a recce of the town before launching the attack, it raises concerns. It may sound a bit far-fetched but it cannot be ruled out at present."

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1150729/j ... bgMnpNvu9R
krishna_krishna
BRFite

Post by krishna_krishna »

ramana wrote:I have a BRF project.

We need to understand who did it?

And who put up the canard of under equipped Punjab Police?

These SLIME need to be unmasked.

Ramana,

I can answer second question, it was RndiTV and it was our very own Vishnu Som claiming that PP was under equipped, no lessons learned ityadi

For the first question I believe it was rndiTV as well but not sure I can check.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

sorry... on what basis you are claiming vishnu som "our own" ?
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

So far no material link to Pakistan.

No attacker taken alive.

GPS turned on only after they entered Bamiyal village five days ago.

No marks on weapons that say POF. Perhaps a Neutron Activation Analysis will be useful? if the NIA has a database that is.

No personal items recovered from dead attackers.

No brand labels on clothing worn by attackers.

Some dry fruits recovered but nothing that is uniquely Pakistan.

That leaves the NVG recovered at Parmanand and the detonators and PE charges.

And of course the fingerprints and DNA - assuming that Pakistanis allow India access to the NADRA database.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Again I think its Pak military commandoes in civvies.
The lack of traceability shows its military operation.

Civilian terrorists leave calling card to get credit for their attack
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

As a baseline check, this is Zee News
http://zeenews.india.com/live-updates/p ... es-1636749

9:49 AM IST, July 26
Punjab Congress leader Pratap Singh Bajwa suspects the terror attack as a joint operation between J&K militants and Khalistani militants, who underwent training in Pakistan's Punjab province.

This is the oldest a naive Google search reveals.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

SaiK wrote:sorry... on what basis you are claiming vishnu som "our own" ?
He is an active forum member
A_Gupta
BRF Oldie

Post by A_Gupta »

Does this count, June 11, 2015, Hamid Gul says the Khalistan movement is going to begin again:
http://www.voice.pk/videos/khalistan-mo ... ameed-gul/
Vayutuvan
BRF Oldie

Post by Vayutuvan »

Harpal Bector ji: I take it you don't want to answer my question?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Pak sources might suggest Khalistan, but dead terrorists are Muslim (based on report quoting a SP from PP).
Could be from TSP or J&K. Latter don't have such capabilities.

I still think these are not ordinary terrorists but TSP commandoes.

The lack of traceability shows they are covert operation.

I now understand DGP concern to capture at least one alive and the slow process.
krishna_krishna
BRFite

This is the first one from hdtv july 26 around shows a gentleman speculating :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4fxvhzcrsw
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

The second pic is interesting, when is it taken & who/how/where found it?

I hear nowadin electronic cameras leave an electronic signature on pictures taken (mobile phones even record GPS location). Hope Indian authorities analyze this dimension too.

Can a Rakshak run a google image search on that picture and see if they can find something? I am on ipadme :(

Paging Raja Bose!
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

So those are five terrorists. Why do they keep saying three only dead?
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

Not all the photos are from the PS Dinanagar incident. Some of the photos are from an older event in J&K.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

During the postmortem, wouldn't the doctors and authorities be able to tell if circumcision has been performed? Is that not a reliable means? That out easily rule out the Sikh angle.
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

vayu tuvan wrote:Harpal Bector ji: I take it you don't want to answer my question?
I am sorry can you point me to the post. I have missed it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Harpal Bector wrote:So far no material link to Pakistan.
I wonder what difference it would make to anything or anyone if a material link to Pakistan were found. Typically (from memory) I recall that 90% of terrorist attacks have no material link to Pakistan. Links are usually discovered after some chap is caught alive and milked for what he is worth.

In my view, waiting for material links to Pakistan is an act that should go side by side with developing drones to hit those links in Pakistan - a jihad like 1000 year objective. Pakistan stopped launching direct attacks on India attributable to Pakistani valour after 1971. They did what they could to hide links to Pakistan in 1999 as well as in 2008.

I think that our attempts at being totally dharmically truthful and looking for material links ignores the fact that overall - any links found in the last 100 attacks all point to Pakistan. It appears that this is not enough to convince us - and Pakistanis know it. They know we will not react unless we get material links and even if we do we worry and believe it might be Hindu terror, Sikh terror or "Terror has no religion" terror.

At some stage down the line we have to get into a war. Started by us.
Harpal Bector
BRFite

Post by Harpal Bector »

vayu tuvan wrote: May be I am a little dense but I miss the point. In New Delhi or foggy bottom, the evidence could have been presented directly to his face. I remember maverick posting on his blog an article wit the title "Pasha, meet saheb in delhi". What exactly could have been achieved?

I am sure all parties - Pakistanis, India, and USA - knew under whose direction the op was conducted.
This matter is archival now so some comments can be made without compromising anything.

The idea was to put the material evidence directly before Shuja Pasha. It was hoped that in the face of such overwhelming evidence he would be more cooperative with India's desires. I do not know what was to specifically asked of him by way a personal pledge of cooperation, but when the entire matter was then presented to a proxy instead. Obviously any assurances of cooperation from a proxy would not carry the same weight as those coming from Shuja Pasha himself.

Shuja Pasha's refusal came was deeply personally insulting to Sri Manmohan Singh. I feel if Shuja Pasha had shown the courage to come to Delhi when he was invited, he would have started a very new and productive chapter in India-Pakistan engagement. His predecessors had the guts to sit face to face with their Indian counterparts and discuss matters in productive fashion but now despite the nuclear umbrella and all that - there was a reluctance in Shuja Pasha for a direct meeting. It made me think that this man is not in control of his own department and other forces are at work. It degraded his credibility in my eyes and made the entire Pakistan Army establishment guilty by its mere association.

The only point in remembering this story is that if Modiji makes such an invitation, it will be highly inadvisable to decline it. Insulting Prime Minister Modi will not play to Pakistan's benefit.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

There is no Sikh involved here! So please if we can stop going towards that route!! The Sikhs that were involved were Home Guards, Punjab Police, Border Security Force and Indian Army!

The nefarous designs to declare that Sikhs are "terrorists" are coming from the media!!

All of my large family members (parents, wives, sisters of at least 20% of them in armed forces) tell me otherwise!! There is no Khalistan movement in Punjab what so ever at all!!. People are eagerly waiting for November/December to cut the Rice crops (Parmal and basmati). All they worry at this time is water for their Rice which is adequate!!! and thus by September they want Sun!!

Problem in punjab is of plenty!! there are way too many youth taking drugs(Heroine, Hashish, Charas, Gurd, etc) supplied by Bakistan!! The drugs are available in all I repeat in all of the border villages!
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

Don't worry about it, SBajwa; Sikhs are reaping huge goodwill from all India over this. This Pak strike is going to backfire badly.
Last edited by sanjaykumar on 29 Jul 2015 06:27, edited 2 times in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Harpal Bector wrote: The idea was to put the material evidence directly before Shuja Pasha. It was hoped that in the face of such overwhelming evidence he would be more cooperative with India's desires. I do not know what was to specifically asked of him by way a personal pledge of cooperation, but when the entire matter was then presented to a proxy instead. Obviously any assurances of cooperation from a proxy would not carry the same weight as those coming from Shuja Pasha himself.

Shuja Pasha's refusal came was deeply personally insulting to Sri Manmohan Singh. I feel if Shuja Pasha had shown the courage to come to Delhi when he was invited, he would have started a very new and productive chapter in India-Pakistan engagement.
Sorry this sounds like a rehash of stuff I have said a thousand times before:
I was deeply insulted by Angelina Jolie's refusal to come and meet me. She did not have the courage to come and see the material evidence I had of her preference for me over others
The Paki army and ISI are criminal enterprises and if Manmohan Singh and his coterie did not understand this - shame on them. As if showing material evidence would have worked. Easy to say that "something would have happened if XYZ had occurred". If my aunt had a dick she would have been my uncle.