Experiences of Desi muslims in the hands of Global Ummah

The Strategic Issues & International Relations Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to India's security environment, her strategic outlook on global affairs and as well as the effect of international relations in the Indian Subcontinent. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Experiences of Desi muslims in the hands of Global Ummah

Post by Lilo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smhqWlKpLWs
An Indian migrant worker who made an emotional plea on social media about his working conditions in Saudia Arabia has been jailed, according to activists.

Abdul Sattar Makandar, a truck driver, made a video which shows him crying in desperation about his situation.

The video, posted to social media by Indian human rights activist Kundan Srivastava, was shared widely in India.

Human rights activists now fear for his life.

In his video, Mr Makandar says: "I have been in Saudi Arabia for the last 23 months, and have applied for leave to come home over five months ago.

“But my employer is not letting me go home... My employer doesn't give me a proper salary, neither does he give me money for food," he alleged, according to the Huffington Post India.

Mr Srivastava said he later took down the post - which had since been posted widely elsewhere - and apologised to the engineering and construction company, Al Suroor United Group, after approaches from the firm's legal representatives.

He said Mr Makandar has now been jailed having been initially arrested under a Saudi law which prevents "spreading misinformation" on social media.

However, his uncertain status and limited contact with the outside world has greatly concerned activists.

“He is still in jail, his life is in danger,” Mr Srivastava told The Independent.

He said he had been in recent contact with Mr Makandar and also visited his family.

Mr Srivastava, who claimed he was working without help from the Indian government, also said Mr Makandar had not been charged with any crime.

“I urge the Government, Minister of External Affairs Sushma Swaraj, PMO India Narendra Modi to help Abdul Sattar Makandar to come back to India,” Mr Srivastava continued.

“His life is in danger and being Indian, we have a responsibility to help him. I would also like to request that every human being and media to come forward and support us.”
Foreign workers in Saudi Arabia are subject the Kafala sponsorship system, which severely limits their rights.

The Kafala system “grants employers’ excessive power over workers and facilitates abuse,” according to Human Rights Watch.

Under the system, it is very difficult for workers to change jobs or leave the country without the permission of their employers.

"We have consistently seen migrant workers too scared to speak out because of reprisals from employers, such as refusing to give an exit permit, not paying wages that are due, or cancelling residency permits,
" James Lynch, Amnesty International deputy director for the Middle East and North Africa, told the BBC.

However, activists welcomed legislative changes in October 2015 intended to hold companies to fairer standards.

Al Suroor United Group and Discomb Gulf Travels had not responded to Independent requests for comment at the time of publishing.

Abdul Sattar Makandar has now been released from jail.

In a post on Facebook, Mr Srivastava wrote: "Yesterday Indian Embassy (Riyadh) met to Abdul Sattar Makandar in Jail.

"I just received a call from Abdul Sattar Makandar that he has been released from Jail at 6:00 PM now. Today he was happy and was saying thanks from the heart to all the well wishers who are praying for him."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 43901.html
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Re: Experiences of Desi muslims in the hands of Global Ummah

Post by Lilo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma43GHk3ht8
Horrible treatment of Bangladeshi expat worker in Saudi Arabia

A Bangladeshi expat taxi driver is being humiliated by a Saudi citizen.The body language needs no interpretation.
Translation supplied by LL user "Kookidd"
Victim: For my son's future
Vitcim: God can see, If God wills you to
Victim: For my son and the future of my mother and son
Victim: That's it im sorry
Abuser: Why are you saying that the Saudi government isn't any good?
Victim: No i never said that Saudi Government is not good!
*Smack*
*Smack*
Abuser: You think Saudi Arabia is scared of America you animal?
*Smack*
Victim: I .. I .. I am only making a future from here... I am only making a future from here..
*Smack*
Victim: Finish
Victim: I never talked about Saudi Arabia, I see a National as a National (I guess hes trying to show respect by saying that)
Abuser: Kiss
*kiss*
Abuser: Kiss
*kiss*
Abuser: Is Saudi Arabia good or not good?
Victim: Good! Good!
Abuser: Saudi Arabia is your father you dog!
Victim: My Father.
Abuser: Your Government "Same Same" the dog of Saudi you dog!
*Smack*
Abuser: The dog of Saudi Arabia!
*Smack*
Abuser: You dog!
*Smack*
*Smack*
*Smack*
Victim (Crying): Its alright!
Abuser: Whats your name?
Victim: Abdullah
Abuser: Abdullah, who is an animal?
Victim(Continuing): Akdar Ali (I think that's his family name)
Abuser: Akdar Ali?
Abuser: "Toof" (Spitting)
Abuser: Oh you Akdar Ali you animal!
Abuser: Saudi Arabia is like an animal huh?
Victim: No No!
Victim: 100%, 100% (Trying to say it's definitely not)
Abuser: What is Saudi Arabia?
Victim: You see, the best!
*Interrupted*
Abuser (Shouting): What is Saudi Arabia?
Victim: You see, the best country in the world!
Abuser: The best country in the world?
Victim: The Land of peace and blessing!
Abuser: The Land of peace and blessing..
Abuser: and you? what are you?
Victim: That's all, you see I'm a muslim
*Interrupted*
Abuser: You, what are you?
Victim: Thanks be to God, I am Bangladesh
Abuser: You are an animal.
Abuser: You are what?
Victim: An Animal
Abuser: Kiss, you animal

*kiss*
Abuser: Is there anything else u wanna say about Saudi Arabia?
Victim: No, No
*Smack*
Abuser: Huh?
Victim: 100%, 100%
*Smack*
Victim: 100%, 100%
*Smack*
Abuser: The government of Saudi Arabia, is on top of your mother's head you son of a dog!
Victim: Finish
Victim: Finish please, yes ok
Abuser: Is there anything else you wanna say about Saudi Arabia?
*Smack*
Victim(Crying): No
*Smack*
Abuser: Saudi Arabia is scared of America, you dog?
Victim: No
*Interrupted*
Abuser(Shouting): The whole world is afraid of Saudi Arabia you animal!
Victim: Yes, yes you're right, finish
Victim, Yes, yes you're right, finish
Abuser: I swear to God if you say anything about Saudi Arabia another time!!
*Smack*
Victim: No ill never speak about Saudi Arabia
Abuser: Kiss here.
*kiss*
Abuser: Go on then move you animal
Alternate link
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=032_1339027150
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Indian IS recruit 'goes home after having to clean toilets'
AFP
December 1, 2014

An Indian student who travelled to Iraq to join the Islamic State group has returned home disillusioned after jihadists made him clean toilets and do other menial jobs, according to media reports.

Areeb Majeed, 23, left for Iraq with three friends in late May amid fears by authorities that IS militants were attempting to recruit from India's large pool of young Muslim men.

The engineering student flew home Friday to Mumbai where he was arrested and charged by India's elite National Investigation Agency (NIA) with terror-related offences.

Majeed told NIA officers he was sidelined by the jihadists for whom he fetched water and performed other lowly tasks such as cleaning toilets, instead of taking part in the deadly offensive like he wanted
, the Press Trust of India news agency reported.

He phoned his family to say he wanted to come home after suffering an unexplained bullet wound for which he did not get proper medical attention, the agency said late Sunday.

"Only after I begged them, I was taken to a hospital," he was quoted as saying by NIA officers. "There was neither a holy war nor any of the preachings in the holy book were followed."

India's moderate population of 150 million Muslims have traditionally not been drawn into sectarian conflicts in the Middle East and elsewhere, but the case of the four raised concerns about online recruitment.

Al-Qaeda announced in September a new chapter of its extremist movement charged with waging jihad in South Asia, prompting several Indian states to be placed on high alert.

Tanvir Sheikh, the father of one of Majeed's friends who was still missing in Iraq, said he felt betrayed by his son.

Sheikh said his son Fahad was offered a job in Kuwait but instead decided to travel to Iraq to join the extremists.

"He had got a job offer from Kuwait with a salary of three lakh rupees ($4,800) but he ignored that and instead took up arms. Now what happens to his future?" Sheikh told the Indian Express newspaper on Monday.

"I feel let down by my son. He had a bright career ahead of him but he took advantage of our love and betrayed us."

Radicalised foreigners have been drawn to the IS group, which has conducted a series of mass executions and other atrocities since launching its offensive in Iraq and Syria in June.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

The pathan accent guy came across a abused Pakistani runaway in SaudiA who wishes to die rather than go home .
He says that if paki govt checks ,they will find every "house maid" returning from Saudi Arabia is actually coming back pregnant.

https://youtu.be/mzQctrv90ek
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

https://youtu.be/sqBWAJPg0nI
This lady has been working now 2 years and 9 months in saudi arabia. house arrested and allowing her to go back. she is a tamilian from india. and the saudi boss is threatening to kill her. she is begging to help her to get out of saudi arabia. she has 2 children. she is fearing that the saudi boss will kill her.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Gauhar bibi from Gulbarga,Karnataka who went to Saudi Arabia to seek employment was locked up in a dark room to starve and assaulted with a leather belt.

https://youtu.be/adlO4rAlbfc
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Mass graves of suspected trafficking victims found in Malaysia
By Praveen Menon and Trinna Leong

KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters) - Mass graves and suspected human-trafficking detention camps have been discovered by Malaysian police in towns and villages bordering Thailand, the country's home minister said on Sunday.

Home Minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said officials are determining whether the graves were of human-trafficking victims, but did not say how many dead bodies were discovered.

"This is still under investigation," he told reporters on the sidelines of an event in Kuala Lumpur.

According to media reports, the mass graves were believed to contain the bodies of hundreds of migrants from Myanmar and Bangladesh.

Police discovered 30 large graves containing the remains of hundreds of people in two places in the northern state of Perlis, which borders Thailand, the Utusan Malaysia newspaper reported.

The Star newspaper reported on its website that nearly 100 bodies were found in one grave on Friday.

"I reckon it was a preliminary finding and eventually I think the number would be more than that," Ahmad Zahid said when asked about reports of the number of mass graves discovered.

Ahmad Zahid said the camps identified are in the areas of Klian Intan and villages near the border.

"They have been there for quite some time. I suspect the camps have been operating for at least five years," he said.

A police spokeswoman declined to comment, saying a news conference on the issue would be held on Monday.

A police official who declined to be identified said police commandos and forensic experts from the capital, Kuala Lumpur, were at the site but it was unclear how many graves and bodies had been found.

"Of course I believe that there are Malaysians involved," Ahmad Zahid said, when asked about possible involvement of locals in the incident.

Northern Malaysia is on a route for smugglers bringing people to Southeast Asia by boat from Myanmar, most of them Rohingyas, who say they are fleeing persecution, and people from Bangladesh seeking work.

Smugglers have also used southern Thailand, and police believe the discovery had a connection to mass graves found on the Thai side of the border this month.

Twenty-six bodies were exhumed from a grave in Thailand's Songkhla province, over the border from Perlis, near a camp with suspected links to human trafficking.

More than 3,000 migrants, most of them from Myanmar and Bangladesh, have landed on boats in Malaysia and Indonesia this month after a crackdown on trafficking in Thailand.

On Sunday, Indonesia's National Disaster Mitigation Agency said that starting next week, it would begin the repatriation of 720 Bangladeshi migrants over the next month.

The cost of the repatriation would be met by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees and the International Organization for Migration, said Sutopo Purwo Nugroho, spokesman at Indonesia's disaster agency.

Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak on Thursday pledged assistance and ordered the navy to rescue thousands adrift at sea.

(Additional reporting by Al-Zaquan Amer Hamzah in Kuala Lumpur and Chris Nusataya in Jakarta; Editing by Michael Perry and Dale Hudson)
A jungle prison that includes at least two large wooden pens wrapped with barbed wire.In many cases, victims pay human smugglers thousands of dollars for passage, but are instead held for weeks or months while traffickers extort more money from their families back home.
A tiny cage wrapped in barbed wire, that may have been used to punish captives
Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar said some of the bodies showed signs of torture, but did not elaborate other than saying metal chains were found near the graves.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Very timely thread
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^TY, Singha garu.

Children as camel jockeys in Arabia.

https://youtu.be/454yjHH3RUQ
ISLAMABAD: Azim Mai’s husband allegedly threw acid in her face last year after she refused to sell their two boys to a man in Dubai to use as camel racers. The 35-year-old mother of five can no longer find work as a maid because her deeply scarred face scares potential employers.....

http://www.dawn.com/news/680452/new-law ... n-pakistan
Great fanfare was made at the time about replacing the child jockeys with robots. But humanitarian organizations, like the Ansar Burney Trust, never believed all racing camel owners stopped using slave boy jockeys after abolition. Such a law, they say, would never affect the rich and powerful in the Emirates, especially members of the different Gulf royal families. The races, in which children are still made to ride, simply went underground.

As evidence, the Ansar Burney Trust cites the fact that of the estimated 6,000 camel jockeys at the time of the so-called abolition, one thousand are still missing. And even then, some of the ones repatriated back to their countries were resold and resent to the Persian Gulf to race camels again, while still others wound up in the madrassas of Islamic extremist organizations in their home countries.

The unfortunate boys kept on an "ousbah," an isolated camel farm, are caught up in a nightmare of hellish proportions. After experiencing the trauma of suddenly being separated from their families, they are made to work 18-hour days. A camel jockey-in-training is also starved, beaten and sometimes sexually abused. Serious injury, even death, is a fate that also awaits many of the child riders, some as young as five, when training or racing over distances between four and 10 kilometres atop of 800-900 pound animals that can run as fast as 40 miles per hour. Even if the rider does not fall, damaged genitals is one of the serious wounds the slave boys often suffer.

“They used to wake us at two or three in the morning. If we didn’t get up or thought we were lazy, they would beat us with sticks,” one former child camel jockey told a British newspaper. “We had to clean up the camel dung with our hands.”

Another boy, Zufiqar, 10, said that race day represented the worst time due to the injuries and deaths he saw the camel jockeys suffer when thrown from their fast-moving mounts. And if the camel was also injured, Zufiqar stated “They always look after the camel first.” The reason for this is that the camel may have cost hundreds of thousands of dollars while the slave boy may only have cost a few hundred. Also for this reason, there are camel hospitals, and a Dubai prince was reported by an American paper to even have a swimming pool for his racing camels.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/117515/ ... phen-brown
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

And these cultural slaves from all races and nationalities still yearn to suck up to these barbarians and their pedophile mentor. Mind-e-blowing.
sanjaykumar
BRF Oldie

Post by sanjaykumar »

It's an honour for many Bangladeshis and Pakistanis to serve their masters directly.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

http://www.huffingtonpost.in/dr-sofia-r ... 60876.html
In Kuwait, we are considered as NOBODY. Yes, despite being in Kuwait for the last 40 years or so, my family is still considered as expatriates, with no rights. We need to renew our resident permit periodically and the laws there constantly keep changing, making the life of expatriates only harder. We have to strictly comply with their rules and laws, which is fine but we are openly discriminated. They consider Asians as third grade people, while giving preference to their citizens, Arabs and Whites. We are not unhappy there but we have no sense of belonging either. At least, I never had and never have, even when I visit Kuwait now. We are Muslims in a Muslim country, and yet we are considered as Indians with no special regards.

I figured long back ago, that India is the only country, where I will have a sense of belonging. You are an Indian-American in US, Indian-Canadian in Canada, Indian-British in UK and so on but only in India you are an Indian. Period. Rest can say whatever they want and defend their choices but this is a fact. You can only feel at home in your own home. I have lived in different places and everywhere I stand out but in India. Nobody in India asks me, 'Are you an Indian?', and this is what makes all the difference
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... mpede.html
In the end we did, but to me, as a hajjan, or female Muslim who has completed the hajj, our death-defying experience left me with a spiritual epiphany of a different kind: Under the control of the billionaire rulers of Saudi theocracy, the holy pilgrimage of the hajj has become a lethal symbol of the Saudi house of greed.

From the start of my return from the pilgrimage, I haven’t used the word hajjan before my name, as I could do, to mark my religious credentials. I believe, in fact, that Muslims should boycott the hajj and the government of Saudi Arabia until the ruling party, which touts itself as “custodian” of the two holy mosques in the cities of Mecca and Medina, steps down and brings democracy, civil society, human rights—including women’s rights—and a peaceful and tolerant interpretation of Islam to its people and the world.

As it stands, the ruling despots of Saudi Arabia exploit the pilgrimage as one of the five “pillars” of Islam to win a pass on scrutiny of policies that, for example, left a young man, Ali Mohammed al-Nimr, 21, sentenced to crucifixion and beheading for alleged political crimes against the state. He is a member of the minority Shia sect of Islam, marginalized in a country dominated by the majority Sunni sect, which deems minority sects “apostates.”

Paradoxically, the government of Saudi Arabia was just named head of a panel on the U.N. Human Rights Council.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

A member of the United Arab Emirates ruling family has been caught on video torturing an Afghan grains trader.
The footage shows the Afghan being abused with an electric cattle prod, beaten with whips and a plank of wood with a nail in it, calipers used on his genitals and driven over by a car at a desert location in 2004.
One of the men - who the Government of Abu Dhabi has confirmed is Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, a brother of the UAE President and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince - pours what appears to be salt into the man's wounds for 'cheating' him. A uniformed policeman also takes part.
The Sheikh begins by stuffing sand down the man's mouth, as the police officers restrain the victim. Then he fires bullets from an automatic rifle around him as the man howls incomprehensibly.

At another point on the tape, the Sheikh can be seen telling the cameraman to come closer. "Get closer. Get closer. Get closer. Let his suffering show," the Sheikh says.

Over the course of the tape, Sheikh Issa acts in an increasingly sadistic manner.

He uses an electric cattle prod against the man's testicles and inserts it in his anus. At another point, as the man wails in pain, the Sheikh pours lighter fluid on the man's testicles and sets them aflame. Then the tape shows the Sheikh sorting through some wooden planks. "I remember there was one that had a nail in it," he says on the tape.

The Sheikh then pulls down the pants of the victim and repeatedly strikes him with board and its protruding nail. At one point, he puts the nail next to the man's buttocks and bangs it through the flesh.

"Where's the salt," asks the Sheikh as he pours a large container of salt on to the man's bleeding wounds.

The victim pleads for mercy, to no avail.

The final scene on the tape shows the Sheikh positioning his victim on the desert sand and then driving over him repeatedly. A sound of breaking bones can be heard on the tape.

Sheikh Issa's lawyer, Daryl Bristow of Baker Botts in Houston, told ABC News "the tape is the tape."

The torture victim was identified by Nabulsi as an Afghan grain dealer, Mohammed Shah Poor, who the Sheikh accused of short changing on a grain delivery to his royal ranch on the outskirts of Abu Dhabi.

https://youtu.be/Ks_MIRvmx9E
Last edited by Lilo on 03 Apr 2016 13:40, edited 1 time in total.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

7 Pakistanis burnt to death in Turkey
An illegal immigration agent reportedly set on fire seven Pakistanis who he had smuggled to Turkey, Express 24/7 reported on Monday.

The agent allegedly burnt the illegal immigrants to death over what appears to be a financial dispute.

Two of the seven bodies have arrived in Pakistan.

Mohammad Fayyaz and Zulqernain, both belonging to Jhelum, had paid money to an agent three months ago and reached Turkey with five other men where they were reportedly burnt to death.

There are no details available about the incident or the circumstances in which they were killed.

The bodies have been sent back to Islamabad and the funeral prayers have also been offered.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNcpPyR0ZNE
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Malaysian man punches and kicks a Pakistani and makes him say sorry to a woman.

https://youtu.be/C5b0GV6DqhE
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Migrant worker thrashed by Saudi
https://youtu.be/wLIZd-4ztXQ
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Lilo wrote:
A member of the United Arab Emirates ruling family has been caught on video torturing an Afghan grains trader.
The footage shows the Afghan being abused with an electric cattle prod, beaten with whips and a plank of wood with a nail in it, calipers used on his genitals and driven over by a car at a desert location in 2004.
One of the men - who the Government of Abu Dhabi has confirmed is Sheikh Issa bin Zayed al-Nahyan, a brother of the UAE President and Abu Dhabi Crown Prince - pours what appears to be salt into the man's wounds for 'cheating' him. A uniformed policeman also takes part.
https://youtu.be/Ks_MIRvmx9E
Prince Sheikh Issa who led the torture in the video is acquitted of all charges by a UAE court.
The tape caused an international outcry and eventually saw Issa put on trial in the emirate of Abu Dhabi, where he is a senior member of the ruling family. But the court, in the eastern city of al-Ain, acquitted him. Instead, it convicted Nabulsi(who leaked the tapes), in absentia, for his ­involvement in what it decided was a blackmail plot, and sentenced him to five years in prison. The verdict stunned observers and raised questions about the justice system in the United Arab Emirates.

The al-Ain criminal court, which Nabulsi claims never told him he was charged with anything, decided that he and his brother had secretly injected Issa with drugs, thus rendering him incapable of having responsibility for his actions. The court said the brothers had done this as part of a plot to make the torture video and blackmail the sheikh. It found several of Issa's employees, including a Syrian, an Indian and a Palestinian, guilty of helping with the torture, handing out jail terms from one to three years. But by pointing the finger of blame at the Nabulsi brothers, the court in effect concluded that Issa was a victim too.

https://youtu.be/_4qZgH2xCmA
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

^Apparently unrelated to above torture...UAE expels afghan traders after making them invest billions of dollars.
UAE Gives Afghan Investors Two Weeks To Leave
Written by Zenat Mohammadi Tuesday, 05 May 2015 19:52

United Arab Emirate (UAE) has set a two-week deadline for 600 Afghan businessmen to leave the country and close their businesses.

However at this stage, the reasons for this bold decision are still unclear.
A demonstration was also organized in Kabul last week where the protesters claimed that the traders will be expelled due to religious discrimination and for being Shi’ites and support Iran who oppose Saudi-led invasion on Yemen.
In addition, UAE has reportedly canceled visas and work permits of these 600 Afghan investors – some of whom have been running businesses there for years.

Afghanistan's Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) officials confirmed this on Tuesday and said that a large number of Afghan investors had been asked by the UAE government to move their investments out of the country.

The government has assigned a team to visit the gulf country and discuss the matter with their officials, MoFA officials told TOLOnews.

"The government is aware of the matter," MoFA spokesman Shekib Mostaghni said. "A high-level delegation is expected to visit the country soon and resolve the issue."

But Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries (ACCI) officials blame the issue on what they call government's lack of support to Afghan investors.
They urged the Afghan government to not allow any country to force out Afghan businessmen.

"The government needs to strictly follow the issue because no one has the right to expel someone without any reason," head of ACCI's international relations committee, Azrakhsh Hafizi said.

It is said that about 11,000 Afghans have set up businesses in UAE – estimated to total nearly $20 billion USD.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Singha wrote:Migrant worker thrashed by Saudi
https://youtu.be/wLIZd-4ztXQ
^^

https://youtu.be/qI2TATfNI_c
Shocking Video: Indian muslim worker brutally beaten by Saudi engineer in Mecca

A viral video that claims to show a Saudi engineer brutally beating up an Indian worker engaged in the Grand Mosque expansion work in Mecca{only momeen are allowed to enter mecca,ergo the worker in the orange dress is a mawali muslim supposedly doing arab Allah's will of expanding the grand mosque in mecca} has raked up a major debate in Saudi Arabia. The video, which was initially shared on Facebook, has been viewed by thousands of social media users across the globe.

The shocking video shows a Saudi engineer beating up an Indian worker, who repeatedly tries to apologise. In the nearly two-minute video, the construction worker is seen pleading for mercy, while the Saudi engineer continues to kick and flog him. The engineer also spits on him after repeatedly slapping him.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Bangladeshi women trafficked to war-torn Syria as sex slaves, maids
Tue Mar 1, 2016 Nita Bhalla

NEW DELHI (Thomson Reuters Foundation) - Scores of Bangladeshi women have been lured with the promise of a good job in the Middle East and then trafficked to war-torn Syria, where they are forced into domestic or sex work, a senior Bangladeshi police official said.

The head of a Rapid Action Battalion (RAB) - an elite squad of the Bangladeshi police - said his unit had come across 45 cases of women who had been exploited, beaten, tortured or raped in Syria in the last year.

"It started with one woman called Shahinoor who escaped from her captors in Syria. She called her mother who complained to us," Commander Khadaker Golam Sarowar of RAB-3 told the Thomson Reuters Foundation on Monday.

"Shahinoor was supposed to go to Lebanon. Instead she was taken to Dubai with five other women, and then onto to Syria where she was sold to different people -- sometimes to work as a maid, sometimes for sex. She told us there were others."

Sarowar said the 34-year-old woman was "extremely sick and unable to move". Bangladeshi officials in Syria flew her to Dhaka where she is being treated for a kidney illness, he added.

The International Organisation for Migration (IOM) estimates that more than 8 million Bangladeshi nationals are working abroad, many of them in Gulf Arab states and Singapore. Southeast Asia and South Asia.

Many migrate willingly, but find themselves in situations of forced labor due, in part, to exorbitant recruitment fees which need to be repaid and restrictions placed on them by their employers.

Women, in particular, take up jobs as domestic workers in Gulf states where they are abused and face a lack of freedom.

Sarowar said Syria -- where a civil war has raged for five years -- has become a new destination for traffickers who were using Bangladeshi recruitment agencies to legitimately move people to countries like Jordan and Lebanon.

Traffickers in these countries then transported the women to Syria, where they were bought and sold and passed on to different people, with little chance of escape.

Eight people have been arrested in Bangladesh, he said, adding most were owners and staff of recruitment agencies who had either knowingly or unknowingly been part of an international trafficking ring. Traffickers in Syria, Lebanon and Jordan has not been identified or arrested yet, he added.

Sarowar said the victims were largely poor rural women who were paying an average recruitment fee of 30,000 taka ($380) in return for a one-year contract with a monthly salary of $200.

"They are innocent, uneducated women who come from the villages. They do not know anything about Syria and what is happening there. They think they are going to Lebanon or Jordan for a good life," he said.

(Reporting by Nita Bhalla, Editing by Ros Russell; Please credit the Thomson Reuters Foundation, the charitable arm of Thomson Reuters, that covers humanitarian news, women's rights, trafficking, corruption and climate change. Visit news.trust.org)
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Pushed to Brink, SL Muslim Women Sink in Gulf
Apr 2, 2016 P K Balachandran

When the returnees were asked if they were maltreated by their Arab employers, the reactions were mixed.

BATTICALOA (EAST SRI LANKA): A complex set of economic and social factors are pushing Muslim women from Batticaloa district of Sri Lanka to seek work as house maids in the Middle East, despite low pay, harassment bordering on cruelty in the work place, and the possibility of being amputated, stoned to death or beheaded under Saudi law.

Interviews with returnees reveal that the inability of families to meet expenses related to education and housing, and to give dowries for marriageable daughters is the root cause of migration. “Added to this is the system in which recruiting agents give their prospective clients LKR 1.5 lakh to LKR 3 lakh as salary advance to encourage them to migrate.The advance helps the women meet their immediate pressing expenses and creates an obligation to migrate,” pointed out Rahini Baskaran of the NGO, Migrant Workers’ Protection Network.

“The agents target women in indigent families; women whose husbands had either died or had abandoned them; and women married to violent, alcoholic and irresponsible men.The women are shown sympathy and given financial help, so that over time, they do as told,” Rahini said.

Dowry is essential for marriage among Muslims in East Lanka, even though the Koran sanctions only brideprice, which is paid by the groom. And often, a house is demaded as a dowry. When the returnees were asked if they were maltreated by their Arab employers, the reactions were mixed.

Maleeha (28) of Maruthamunai said: “Not all Arab women are unkind. Much depends on the behaviour of the maids too.” Her 75-year-old mother, Fathima Maraikar, who had been a migrant in the 1980s, said the girls of today do not show the restraint her generation did.

But Fathima Majeed (41) of Sainthamaruthu said she had heard cries of maids being tied up and beaten in her neighbourhood in Riyadh. “My land lady used to show me pictures of the beheading of Rizana{a srilankan Muslim maid previously beheaded in SaudiA},” Fathima said.

Najeeba Nagoor (32) said the landladies were very suspicious. “I could not even dress up or put on make up.If I did, they’d ask if I was trying to attract the men.”
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Going ‘miskeen’ in Saudi Arabia
By Khaled Ahmed

Brigadier (retd) Mehboob Qadir, who was Director General (SPAFO) of Pakistan Armed Forces deputationists to the Saudi Armed Forces from 1998 to 2002, noted in a recent article: “Pakistanis together with expatriates from India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Philippines, Indonesia, etc, are called ‘miskeen’ by the Saudis”. He thought, quite correctly, that the word was used to mean ‘the poor wretch’. We use the word for the ‘down and out’ in Pakistan too.

What hurts is that the Saudis address the white expats of Europe and America as ‘rafiq’ (friend). What of the concept of ‘ummah’, he asks, which means that all Muslims are one nation? He discovers that ‘ummah’ applies only to Saudis, Iraqis, Egyptians, Yemenis, Kuwaitis Bahrainis, Emiratis, etc., but not to others. Arabs only, it seems, qualify.

The Saudis abolished slavery only recently in 1974. Then why are we ‘miskeen’? Is it really abolished though? Arabia of the Bedouins by Marcel Kurpershoek (Saqi Books 2004), records that Saudi Arabia was still tribal and big tribal families employed lavishly opulent slaves riding Land Cruisers who made Pakistanis and Bangladeshis till the fields of their masters.

The dominant tribe is Oteiba that “accepted Islam at the hand of the Holy Prophet (pbuh), in 622 AD and remained fiercely faithful to him”. Lawrence of Arabia modelled himself on an Oteibi warrior.

For the poor, the Holy Quran has two words: ‘faqir’ and ‘miskeen’. ‘Faqir’ is ‘a man in need’ but ‘miskeen’ is ‘completely down and out’. ‘Faqir’ has less than what he needs; ‘miskeen’ has nothing. ‘Miskeen’ literally means, ‘brought to a standstill in one place’.

In Hebrew, the word for poor is ‘meesken’. The Arabic root ‘skn’ means that which has lost all movement. The Urdu word ‘saakin’ (static) is related. Hence, poor is someone who can hardly move.

But the ‘skn’ root otherwise yields positive words, like peace and tranquillity (sakoon), including the Quranic word sakina (peace) that explains the feeling inside the Ark of the Covenant, expressed in the Judaeo-Christian doctrine of shekinah.

‘Faqir’ comes from the root ‘fqr’ which means ‘spinal vertebra’. Derivative word ‘Zulfiqar’ means that which ‘breaks the spine’ because it was originally the name of a sword. Etymologically, therefore, ‘Faqir’ means ‘broken-backed’.

‘Faqir’ has taken on more meaning. It means also someone who is contented in his need. One important element in mysticism is ‘faqr’: the need to be in need. Although it is an antonym of ‘ghani’ (one who is free of need), it has come to mean something close to ‘ghani’. It is, in this sense, that a famous family of Punjab called themselves ‘faqir’. My friend and well-known scholar Faqir Aijazuddin has a very firm spine.

The third word for poor is extremely poignant. It is ‘ghareeb’. It means someone who has left home or is homeless. And leaving home in ancient times meant going west (gharb). The sun sets (‘gharub’) in the west (‘maghrib’). When we observe the ritual of ‘Sham-e-ghariban’ during Muharram, we actually mean the ‘nightfall of the homeless’.

In Saudi Arabia, the Europeans are called ‘rafiq’. It comes from the root ‘rfq’, meaning ‘elbow’: one who is ‘by your elbow’. Friendship is ‘rafaqat’. Interestingly, ‘artafaq’ means leaning on something for support as if raising oneself on one’s elbow.

More derived meanings include softness because friendship is such a soft thing. When the Holy Quran talks of Paradise it talks of softness (ease) in this sense. To conclude, the most accurate sense of ‘rafiq’ is companion.

Pakistan is in the grip of honour. ‘Miskeen’ is not a good reminder these days.

Published In The Express Tribune, June 6th, 2012.
Miskeen: Racism in Saudi Arabia

Only 70 years ago they used to wait for their food that an Indian Maharaja used to send, as they were paid being keepers of Muslim holy lands.

by Mehboob Qadir
The writer is a retired brigadier of the Pakistan Army

Miskeen — Miskeen is a spoken Saudi equal of ‘poor wretch’ used to denote mainly the Asian labour force, coloured workers and expatriates from Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Philippines, Indonesia, etc. For those of African and North African origins, they have different titles. More than a word, it shows a whole Saudi racial, social and national attitude and a rancid hubris. In this context, Ummah is either a misnomer or merely a convenience for the Arab. They are Saudis, Iraqis, Egyptians, Yemenis, Kuwaitis Bahrainis, Emiratis or whatever, but brothers in the Ummah. That notion is basically a political convenience.

We, in the subcontinent, are emotionally more transparent and excitable. An Arab, like his camel, is emotionally frigid except when he is slighted or his female space is threatened. Despite a strangely adversarial disposition towards females, they count them among their possessions like the black tent, camels and cattle. One realised that the Saudi men’s honour and prestige seem to be tied more to their ability to control their women by diamond necklaces and gold biscuits than any equation of a sublime human relationship.

Their family canvas is a sorry mess because of institutionalised licentiousness through a flood of divorces and multiple marriages. A society short of familial affiliations and internal gravitation disintegrates sooner or later.

Saudis, and Arabs for that matter, have an obsessive love for money, matched in our part of the world by the Pathan or the Sikh somewhat, if not fully. The difference is that Pathans and Sikhs both have plenty in the lands they live in, not the Saudis. Less the oil, they have always been short of food and means of livelihood as hardly anything grew in their deserts. Their harsh unsupportive environment forced them to become highwaymen for hire, ferrying the trade goods of richer nations on the ends of the desert and beyond. Those who were not involved in running trade caravans were busy raiding the same. Their land bridge geographical location between productive Asia, Africa and Europe helped them to become exchange traders or midway transit men. Since they produced literally nothing but had to sell others’ goods, therefore they developed excellent linguistic skills, which is why Arabic is such an eloquent language.

Arabs are racial exclusivists and the Saudis, a degree more, arrogant too. However, Kuwaitis excel in both fields.

This racist arrogance does not stem from any real world class achievement but their age old ability to ply one’s merchandise to the other at exorbitant rates, making the other believe that the deal was fair, employing a clever-merchant syndrome. The other reason has been the inelasticity of their bare bones social capsule, which was unable to absorb any external influence or people. Their mercantile ability was polished after the advent of Islam with a large dose of missionary zeal and truth on the pain of divine condemnation forever. However, a few centuries on, this zeal waned and skillful statecraft replaced the art of salesmanship. Both required nearly the same neuro transmissions.

I have been Director General (SPAFO) of Pakistan Armed Forces deputationists, mainly, doctors and engineers, to the Saudi Armed Forces from 1998 to 2002.This was one of the most privileged positions for a non-European/American military officer in the Kingdom. I used to sit in the Ministry of Defence sharing the floor with US, British and French military missions. Another unique privilege that I enjoyed was that I could move anywhere in the Kingdom without the indispensible written permission and saw them closely in both urban and rural landscapes. That regretfully shattered many a myth that we Muslims in the subcontinent carry almost as articles of faith, and along with that a part of my better self too. However, it was an invaluable education in reality and measurement of one’s worthiness or otherwise.

Within weeks, I realised that for a self-respecting person, it was nearly impossible to work honourably with those men. But for the call of duty to the fellow deputationists and mutuality between our two countries, I seriously considered repatriation. Hardly an occasion goes by without making an expatriate realise the tentative nature of his lower stature among these stiff-lipped, stuffy men. Our best, even a PhD in Space Sciences, weighs invariably less than a Saudi camel-herder from the Empty Quarter.

Saudi Arabia was almost the last to end slavery officially in 1974. Yet by nature retains all the instincts of slave-running alive. The Iqama (work permit) is the principal instrument and is issued on behalf of the Saudi employer (Kafeel) for one year at a time. This is literally a dog collar that provides the Saudi master unlimited and rather coercive powers over the hapless expatriate. Regardless of innocence, merit, right to be heard and the number of years of hard work, one could be packed off and deported within hours. An expatriate has practically no legal stature, let alone the much talked about basic human rights.

I know of a senior Pakistani banker who helped set up a renowned Saudi bank, rose to the position of vice-president and after 29 years was ordered out at a week’s notice, his invaluable service and lifetime of hard work notwithstanding. His fault? None except the sweet pleasure of his employer and the weapon, the guillotine of Iqama. Once your Iqama is withdrawn you are an immediate nonentity and must leave the country posthaste before they imprison you for an indefinite period. Moreover, one could see horrible exploitation of female expatriates by their masters, particularly that of Sri Lankans and Philippinas. Pathetic insensitivity that was. (why you people keep coming here? reply I got from a close Saudi friend)

Peculiarly, Saudis have a cold and impersonal system of designating expatriates that they hire. Miskeen is a derisive phrase of pity and loathing that tends to massage their ego in a kind of perverted manner. It tends to be a device of superiority, distancing from the mass of toiling expatriate men and women working in the Saudi households, farms, factories, shops, hotels, offices and all places where an ordinary Saudi considers it below his dignity to work. The next lower phrase in their not so civil glossary is siddique, which very eloquently conveys: ‘You work for me but mind your place. No liberties to be taken.’ Siddique is a belittling way of directly addressing one out of innumerable expatriates already held as miskeen.

European and American expatriates are a different and far superior category. For them notions of pity are transformed into a view of admiration and longing. They are considered and addressed as rafique, meaning ‘dear friend’. Americans top this list, followed closely by the British and other Europeans, depending upon how much they can benefit materially. There are cogent reasons for this preferential treatment. Americans and Europeans negotiate their terms of reference very carefully and hard. They are better networked, bring in more lucrative business, have better work ethics and their parent governments are unrelenting should Saudis maltreat one of their citizens.

There is a third but unspoken class who are mentioned with a smile and a wink. These are fair-skinned Central Asians, Lebanese, and blonde-haired Syrians. They are neither miskeen nor rafique but have the privilege of being the pleasure mates of a superior sort but not equals. They have half an access to the privacies of Saudi households; some even married in. Late Rafique Hariri was a kinsman of the Saudi royal family.

In all this business of labelling who was who in the shoddy Saudi esteem, they missed the forest for the trees. They know but never acknowledge that all of the Kingdom’s infrastructure, services and amenities were built by expatriates from all over the world. Saudi oil money drew the best of the foreign societies into their service but tragically, they failed to absorb them into their own society. It was because they were unfortunately blind to the power of diversification, induction of new talent and ideas. Their genetic disability had been that want and scarcity of thousands of years had made their tribal society grow inwards with no scope or space for expansion and accommodation. The net result is that not only the Saudis floundered a once in centuries chance to enrich their country and society with a mix of talented foreign men and women but also have a huge rootless foreign mass in their midst that can go out of hand any moment. The consequences could be devastating. More about this some other time.
Y. Kanan
BRFite

Post by Y. Kanan »

For Indians, the moral of these stories: keep your talents here, in India. We're always afflicted with "grass is greener" syndrome when it comes to the rest of the world.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

ISIS considers Indian fighters inferior to Arab jihadis
Bharti Jain | TNN | Nov 24, 2015

New Delhi: Indians joining the jihad led by the Islamic State are considered inferior fighters to those of Arab stock, getting lesser salaries and poorer weapons, often serving as vulnerable cover for more hardened jihadis and sometimes lured into becoming unsuspecting suicide bombers.
Islamic State offers bleak prospects to Indian recruits in terms of being accepted as "officer cadre" along with Pakistanis, Chinese and Nigerians who are also not seen to be sufficiently militarily inclined. The preference is for Tunisians, Iraqis, Syrian Arabs, Palestinians and Saudis, according to intelligence reports.

Indian fighters and IS recruits from south Asia in general make do with lesser salaries, equipment and ammunition, apart from smaller accommodation than Arab counterparts. Foreign fighters from south Asian countries are usually housed in groups in small barracks, demarcating the IS hierarchy with battled-hardened Arabs getting a better deal, according to inputs compiled largely from sources in the IS neighbourhood.
Not only are fighters of Chinese, Indian, Pakistani and Nigerian origin not allowed to join the 'IS Police', but they are also under watch, indicating a trust deficit between Arab fighters and those from nationalities attracted to IS through online propaganda.

Interestingly, though Indians and other south Asians are considered "inferior" fighters, they are chosen to be on the frontlines. Arab fighters are positioned behind them, virtually making them "cannon fodder" who must take enemy bullets first.

Some intelligence reports also claim Indians are being tricked into executing suicide attacks for the IS. They are asked to drive vehicles laden with explosives, directed to go near a targeted destination and call a certain number, purportedly for further instructions. However, as soon as this number is dialed, a pre-set detonating mechanism activates, destroying the intended target and the unwitting bomber.
Another reason why Indians are given the short shrift could be because IS deprecates the Hanafi school of Islamic jurisprudence widely prevalent among Sunnis in India. The IS and its predecessors like Al Qaida are believed to be strongly influenced by Salafist thought traced to the 13th century scholar Ibn Taymiyyah and are seen to prefer the 'Hanbali' school.

Intelligence agencies claim the tendency to use Indian IS recruits as a first line of defence is a reason for the high casualties in the Indian contingent. As many as six of 23 Indians who have joined IS have been killed. These include three youth from Karnataka -- 29-year-old Maulana Abdul Kadir Sultan Armar from Bhatkal and Bangaloreans Fais Masood, 28, and Mohammad Umar Subhan, 25-year-old Athif Vaseem Mohammad from Telangana, Kalyan youth Saheem Farooque Tanki who had joined IS along with Areeb Majeed (the latter has returned since and is now in custody), and Mohammad Sajid alias Bada Sajid from Azamgarh in UP. Sajid and Sultan Armar are former Indian Mujahideen cadres who travelled to IS territory from their last-known bases in Pakistan.

Agencies are trying to track the location and activities of the remaining 15 Indians still holed up in IS territory, and fear that some of them may have been killed too.
Varoon Shekhar
BRF Oldie

Post by Varoon Shekhar »

This is the exploitation part of Desi Moslems. But on the propagation/apologetics/defensiveness side, there is little question that subcontinental Moslems, including Indian, are the most visible faces of global Islam. Anything to do with calling Islam a religion of peace, of saying that Islam respects women, that Islam is tolerant toward other religions, that Islam/Moslems contributed immensely to the development of global science, you can be 100% certain that Desi Moslems are in the thick of things. It isn't Saudi, Egyptian, Iraqi, Somali or Moroccan Moslems who are indulging in glorification of, and apologetics toward Islam, barring the odd exception. It's subcontinental ones.
shravanp
BRF Oldie

Post by shravanp »

"There have been several cases of new recruits expecting to be mujahideen who have returned from Syria disappointed by the everyday jobs that were assigned to them, such as drawing water or cleaning toilets,..."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_S ... combatants

Most likely these "non-combatants" are from Pak/India/Bang-desh. They were hoping to "score", instead they ended up cleaning toilets or drawing water from well :D
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Varun ji,
The fact that emperor has no clothes is bound to come out.
When pretenses can't be kept up ,pretenses will be discarded
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

A mawali Indian Muslim competes for Arab idol.He is mysteriously accepted and brought in before the judges for final audition, the Arab judge is impressed by his arabic singing proficiency,comments that he is good and then rejects him as they can't accept him as he is a "Hindi" nonarab.

Indirect Message:Mawali Muslims can only sing Arabic naat/nasheed and not compete for Arab idol by singing their arabic pop songs.

https://youtu.be/IOeKpO6dK1k
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

ANALYSIS: Gulf excess and Pakistani slaves —
Rafia Zakaria

"We need slaves to build monuments," says an Iraqi engineer living in Abu Dhabi to a reporter from the Guardian. In the published report he goes to add that he would never use the metro if it wasn't segregated since "we would never sit next to Pakistanis and Indians because of their smell".
The dismal condition of Pakistani labourers in the Gulf States is well known and the above statements are merely reflections of the deep-seeded and overtly racist attitudes of Arabs in the Gulf and otherwise towards Pakistanis.

The same Guardian report also details how Pakistani slave labourers work up to eighteen hours a day and often live twenty to a room without any ventilation and with only a single bathroom for several hundred people. Several do not see their families for four to ten year periods, unable to afford the airfare home and many die on the job.
Without any insurance scheme families are often not notified of deaths for months and the only compensation available to them is through an underground system through which other workers donate thirty dirham each which is then collected and donated. The strictly segregated society means that the rich Arabs never come across the lowly Pakistani workers who build their roads, clean their floors and drive their cars.
But in recent years, the oil-rich barons of the Gulf have found a new use for slave labour that goes beyond cleaning bathrooms and picking trash off the streets of Dubai. A recent statement issued by Special Envoy Richard Holbrooke in Brussels revealed that the Taliban are being funded by individuals from the Gulf States. Secretary Holbrooke said: "The Taliban receive more funding from the Gulf States than they do from the narcotics trade".
As has been reported by several Pakistani newspapers, this means that the sources of foreign funding for the Taliban are greater than the approximate USD100 million they receive from the narcotics trade based on poppy cultivation inside Afghanistan.
While Holbrooke was careful to note that the money is not coming from governments but rather from individuals, his statement, based on credible reports tracing wire transfers from the region, illustrates a new use that rich Gulf Arabs have found for expendable Pakistani lives.

Similar to the onerous burden of cleaning one's own bathrooms, or drilling one's own oil or building one's own monuments, the task of fighting one's own holy war has proven to be far too burdensome for Arabs intoxicated with the seemingly never-ending largesse of a resource-fuelled economy. Smelly Pakistanis, the Arabs have discovered, are not only good enough to build crass monuments to consumerism but also to fight misguided holy wars that destroy nations and eviscerate thousands of innocent lives.

Holbrooke's statement is not the only basis for believing that the Taliban are receiving support from the Gulf States. In May of this year, the United Nations sent out an international appeal for aid for the nearly 2 million people displaced by the fighting in the tribal areas and the NWFP. While the US has pledged USD320 million for the IDPs and the EU has pledged up to USD121 million, no significant pledges have been made from the Gulf States.

This strange dichotomy in which our supposed Muslim brethren have turned their back on the suffering of the people of Swat, Buner and Dir makes far more sense in light of new information that illustrates that in picking sides, rich sheikhs from the Gulf have chosen to place their bets with the Taliban rather than with the Pakistani soldiers fighting them.
Pakistanis themselves, mired in denial and ever-ready to engage in the pantomime of pretending to be Arab, are inured to this reality of Arab racism. Easily appeased with the promise of Gulf jobs when their own country is in shambles they consider any paltry thankless employment, even if it denies them basic human rights, a godsend.

Ironically, the standards they expect non-Muslim countries like the United States and the European Union to uphold in terms of equal employment, egalitarian laws and freedom of expression are all abandoned when it comes to the assessment of Arab nations. No attention is given for example to the Arabs' discriminatory employment practices that pay a Pakistani a fraction of what is paid to a European citizen for the same engineering job.
Some workers make as little as 400 dirhams a month, barely able to afford meals while surrounded by unimaginable excess. Even less emphasis is received by the condescending and racist attitudes of Gulf law enforcement authorities that regularly detain immigrant workers without any legal process and routinely beat and abuse them.
All this injustice, perhaps because it is committed by fellow Muslims, who make a great pretence at religious devotion, is somehow unthinkingly and unquestioningly forgiven. The fact that such discrimination overtly and blatantly flouts any minimal allegiance to the concept of the Islamic ummah is never even considered.

This latest news presents an urgent challenge to the apathy of those Pakistanis unwilling to acknowledge the reality of Arab discrimination and disdain toward South Asians. The fact that Gulf sheikhs are contributing hundreds of millions of dollars to the Taliban who are bombing schools, marauding villages and devastating the economy and infrastructure of our nation while shutting their coffers to the IDPs languishing in tents should irk even the most minimal nationalist.
More pressingly, it should expose the duplicity of our Arab overlords who, while freely engaging in debaucheries behind their castle walls now wish to use the Taliban to impose a virulent and dogmatic form of Islam on the poor smelly Pakistanis.
Sending money to fuel a war that is depleting Pakistan's already meagre resources, turning young men and boys into human bombs and transforming Pakistani cities into battlegrounds exposes their desire to condemn Pakistan into oblivion.
Rafia Zakaria is an attorney living in the United States where she teaches courses on Constitutional Law and Political Philosophy. She can be contacted at rafia.zakaria@gmail.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Saudi Bans Brides from Pakistan & Bangladesh

RIYADH: Saudi men have been banned from marrying women from three Asian and one African country as the Gulf state toughens the rules restricting marriage with foreigners, a local daily said.

Marrying women from Bangladesh, Pakistan, Myanmar and Chad is no longer permissible, Makkah newspaper reported.
As per Saudi law(which itself is based on Sharia) desi muslim women may only be treated as "right hand possessions" (slaves) and cannot be legally wedded wives.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

The HBO documentary of Pakistani and Bangladeshi Child slavery and sexual abuse in UAE .

https://youtu.be/jVdwYvBr7iQ
In 2004, guided by human rights activist Ansar Burney, an HBO team used a hidden camera to document slavery and torture in secret desert camps where boys under the age of five were trained to race camels, a national sport in the United Arab Emirates. This half-hour investigative report exposed a carefully hidden child slavery ring that bought or kidnapped hundreds of young boys in Pakistan and Bangladesh. These boys were then forced to become camel jockeys in the UAE. The report also questioned the sincerity of U.S. diplomacy in pressuring an ally, the UAE, to comply with its own stated policy of banning the use of children under 15 from camel racing.

The documentary won a Sports Emmy Award in 2004 for "Outstanding Sports Journalism" and the 2006 Alfred I. duPont–Columbia University Award for outstanding broadcast journalism.
Camel jockeys: Popular Arab sport costs Pakistani children their sanity
By Zahid Gishkori Published: May 8, 2013

A lifetime of pain

Shakil’s travail is not the only one at the government elementary school. The school’s headmaster Azam Ahmed reveals Khalil, Shakil’s brother, too suffers the after effects of his horrible past.

Nazir, the boys’ father, tells The Express Tribune that a decade ago a human trafficking agent had lured him with promises of good employment and better education. Instead, the agent smuggled the boys into the UAE to serve as child camel jockeys.

Imran Shakoor in Rahim Yar Khan is much younger than Shakil. He goes to school like Shakil. And like Shakil, Imran struggles at school due to the brutal past he experienced.

“Imran is mentally retarded and can not learn any more in school,” his father Muhammad Shakoor repeats an assessment of the young boy’s teacher.

“My ‘Sheikh’ and my trainers used to continuously beat me—this is what I can recall,” Imran tells The Express Tribune.

A senior physician at Bahawal Victoria Hospital in neighbouring Bahawalpur, Dr Naeem, has a history of treating former child camel jockeys. He says that as many as 34 former jockeys had been admitted in the hospital between 2005 and 2007 for treatment. A majority of them, Dr Naeem notes, were mental patients.

Jockeys being sent despite ban

A decade after being banned, those working on the camel jockey supply chain end in Pakistan have yet to close up shop.

Rahim Yar Khan and the surrounding districts of Dera Ghazi Khan and Bahawalpur were for a long time a popular hunting ground for child traffickers who smuggled children into the Gulf country to serve as jockeys in camel races in return for money. Despite the laws banning the practice, the lustre has yet to wear off.

Imran’s father Muhammad Shakoor confirmed that some parents were still sending their children to the UAE and considered it a lucrative trade.

In village Chak No 72/NP in Rahim Yar Khan, Mohammad Ramzan lives with his nine brothers and three sisters. He tells The Express Tribune that recently one of this relatives, who doubles as an agent, had taken his son to Dubai via Iran.

“I sent my son to Dubai as I do not have enough money to feed my family,” he says.
{"Kill not your offspring for fear of poverty; it is We who provide for them and for you. Surely, killing them is a great sin. Qur'an 17:32"
Hence as per the promise in Quran Arab allah stepped in and the children were provided through Arab sheikhs}

There, Ramzan says, his son has been participating in camel racing and that he has become a good rider now.

Missing jockeys

The issue of compensations has further complications. Even though the FIA records show 3,000 children were trafficked to the Gulf States and only 1,200 returned home, there are as many as 300 children who are specifically listed as missing.{A saying such parents have when they send them their sons: "His flesh is yours, but his bones are ours." Unfortunately now even their bones are lost.}

Chairman Burney Trust International and former minister for human rights Ansar Burney says that he has visited Gulf States to take up the issue of children who are still missing. “I will also take up the matter with Ministry of Interior now.”

The Express Tribune had written to the UAE mission in Pakistan for their version on this issue but it refused to comment.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Indian muslims working on the expansion of Arab prophet mohammed's mosque in Mecca were expecting Arab allah's grace and Sawab , instead they found themselves in prison where they faced rape,whippings and had to sleep in the toilets while the Arabs slept on beds.
Indian muslims back after infernal year in Makkah’s prisons
PHEROZE L. VINCENT

Neither Naushad nor his father can hold back the tears. Brothers Haroon and Naushad from Bihar’s Siwan district thought themselves to be lucky when they found work with a Saudi construction firm in the holy city of Makkah. Today, Naushad is back after a year in Saudi prisons and his brother lies buried in a Makkah grave his parents have never seen. “I lost everything, everything,” said Naushad, breaking down as words failed him.{Innalilahi wa inna ilayhi rajioon - Whatever arab Allah takes away or gives, belongs to Him}

Forty one Indians, from six States, in addition to a Nepalese and a Pakistani worker spent the last one year in several Saudi prisons for rioting after Haroon’s death due to an electric shock on June 12, 2013. The South Asians were among 10,000 odd workers from eight countries working on the Jabal-e-Umar Development Project to accommodate pilgrims who come to the birthplace of Prophet Mohammed.

On the day of Haroon’s death, workers protested by breaking windshields and toppling company cars when they heard that the company had attributed the death to alcoholism. Liquor is banned in Makkah and strictly regulated in the rest Saudi Arabia. Haroon, they say, was a teetotaller. While around 50 Filipino workers were flown home after the protest, the South Asians were arrested a month later.

Mohammed Nazir Khan, a technician from Bihar’s Nawada shivers while recounting the alleged torture to make them confess. “We were tied to benches and stabbed with ball pens and staplers on the abdomen. They (police) kept asking how many cars we burned. Our thumb impressions on confessions were taken forcefully by an officer named Hani.”

The men spent 17 days in the Al Hawali Mehata Naseeb police station before being sent to prison. More than five months later, they were sentenced to varying prison terms of few months on December 1 and 2, 2013. Eighteen of the detainees received up to 100 lashings. But, their employer Nesma and Partners pressed for compensation following which they remained in jail indefinitely.

In the crowded prisons, they claim, Saudi nationals had beds while others slept on the floor. Often they slept in toilets due to lack of space. Several repatriates claim to have been regularly beaten by jail warders.

“There were a few Indians we met. One man named Tariq from Allahabad had spent a decade in Selayya Jail and gone mad. We learnt that he had only been sentenced for two years. A Malayali named Shaukat died a couple of months back after the Rais (warder) refused to take him to a hospital when he suffered multiple heart attacks. I tried to commit suicide by hanging myself with a torn blanket but a Pakistani convict named Zafar Ahmed stopped me,” said Zafar Abid Iqbal from Ramgarh, Jharkhand.

“The Consulate (General of India, Jeddah) said they could not help. We were visited by Consul SRH Fahmi and Vice Consul Nadeem Ahmad Khan who said our fate was in the hands of the Saudis. We told them to see the camera footage from 70 cameras at the work site. Most of us did not do anything. Fahmi said we should be grateful we are not dead yet. Nadeem said that we must pay up. Our only friend was Indian official Yunus Khan who visited often,” said Mohammed Sabir of Bihar’s Samastipur.

He added that drug abuse and male rape were commonplace and South Asians stuck together for security.

The convicts could speak to their parents on a jail-monitored phone.

The families lobbied with several politicians, including former Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid, for their release. In February this year they approached Rajya Sabha MP Ali Anwar Ansari, who raised the issue in Parliament and persistently lobbied with Foreign Minister Sushma Swaraj.

Two Indians were released in April, 2014. Following an intervention by Ms. Swaraj earlier this month, their employers dropped charges. The remaining detainees were sent back without any of their belongings or remaining wages. Haroon’s family has not even received the life insurance payment of around Rs. 50 lakhs. The survivors now want to press charges against the Saudi Government in the Supreme Court.

“There are 70 more Indians languishing there for years. I will raise it in Parliament. Their (Saudi) Islam does not evoke mercy or compassion,” Mr. Ansari told this paper. “There are not enough garlands in this world for Ansari sahib and Sushma ji. Even if we get palaces we shall never go there (Arabia) again,”said a choked Naushad. Others nod in agreement. {how can one honor Arab allah when one refuses to perform hajj to arabia?}

https://youtu.be/0Q3k4L1mKsU
The blessed Arabs deemed that burying the dead worker cheaply in the pissful sands of Arabia was proper than allowing him to be buried in his motherland - where the dutty soil of Bihar's siwan district is drained by the kafir river Ganga.
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

Yet the same Muslims will say it is unislamic to say BMKJ.
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Trafficked to Saudi arabia on the pretext of Hajj with their "families", then made to beg before the arabs for alms during ramzan in front of their mosques.After their arab masters pocket the zakat money the physically crippled and sexually abused muslim girls from India and Bangladesh are sent back as seen in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFVCZOnPJM8

Authorities in the Indian city of Bombay are mystified by the arrival on a flight from Saudi Arabia of more than 70 unaccompanied girls, aged between 6 and 15.

Police suspect the girls - many of them disabled - had been taken to work as prostitutes or menial labourers from India or neighbouring Bangladesh.

It is thought that they may have been deported from Saudi Arabia.

These young girls - 76 in total - have already spent two days in Bombay airport, waiting for the authorities to decide where they should be housed.

Preliminary enquiries by Bombay police and social workers suggested that the girls had been abandoned by their parents after being taken to Saudi Arabia from India or neighbouring Bangladesh.

They may subsequently have been deported, although the Saudi Arabian consulate in Bombay said they had no information on the deportation.

Bombay's joint police commissioner believes the girls may have gone on the pretext of making the hajj, or, Islamic pilgrimage, to the holy city of Mecca.

One of the girls told social workers her arm had been amputated in Saudi Arabia, although she did not explain why.

Others were crippled by polio or had burn scars on their bodies.
Last edited by Lilo on 09 Apr 2016 18:39, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I have deleted mangju post as off topic you can post about in Islamism thread
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

Indian Haj pilgrims forced to stay in dingy hotels, dirty rooms
Alam said that they were charged money on twin-sharing basis, but four to five people were asked to accommodate in a single room. He said the rooms were dirty and people were being forced to sleep on the floor.
Siraj Qureshi, Agra, September 24, 2014

Going on Haj pilgrimage once in a lifetime is considered to be the religious duty of every devout Muslim. And the governments of India and Saudi Arabia are said to be taking all possible steps to ensure that the Muslims going on Haj fulfill their religious duty in peace.
However, if reports coming in from Saudi Arabia are to be believed, Muslims from India are being forced to live in miserable condition by the Saudi authorities.
Maulana Uzair Alam, who had gone to Saudi Arabia from Agra, said on phone that nearly 700 Muslims from Agra were cramped in less than 200 rooms in a dingy hotel by the Saudi authorities.
Alam said that they were charged money on twin-sharing basis, but four to five people were asked to accommodate in a single room. He said the rooms were dirty and people were being forced to sleep on the floor.
He said that the Saudi authorities had charged 110 Saudi Riyal for one week of food. However, they were being served food just once a day, instead of twice.

"The quality of the food was as if they were feeding prisoners, not devotees. We had complained to the Indian officers who had gone with the mission, but they did not listen, even though the Pakistani officials were helping their nationals in the best possible manner," he said.
Condemning the discriminatory behaviour of the Saudi authorities as well as the reckless attitude of Indian officials, Zia Uddin of the Hindustani Biradari said that when the Muslims were being made to pay for every facility, it was the duty of the Saudi and Indian officials that they received all those facilities.
"It was shameful that the Indian Hajis were being deliberately put to inconvenience due to their ethnic identity. No Muslim could expect such kind of discriminatory behavior from another Muslim," he said, adding, "It was the duty of the Indian officials, who had gone with the mission, to meet their Saudi counterparts and resolve the issue."
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

208 Pakistanis deported every day since 2009,majority from "brotherly Islamic countries"

ISLAMABAD:
Labourer Ghulam Farid’s dreams of greener pastures seemed to momentarily come true when he landed in the United Arab Emirates to earn a better living. But the rude awakening came when he was expelled from the country for illegal entry.

“I did not have a single penny to feed my four kids after being deported from the UAE,” the 34-year-old told The Express Tribune. “My agent cheated me and now I have nowhere to go.”

Farid is just one of over 380,000 Pakistanis who have been deported from 54 countries since 2009. According to the official figures obtained by The Express Tribune, the average deportation of Pakistanis during the five-year period amounts to 208 per day.

“No one helped us. We packed up and were sent home in a special plane arranged by the UAE government, which dropped us at Karachi’s Jinnah International Airport,” Farid said, recalling the days when the Gulf states started a crackdown against illegal immigrants last year.

“Before leaving Pakistan, I had handed over all my savings to an agent, Farid of Ward Sheikha Wala, Layyah, for documentation. But it was all a fraud — we were ultimately sent back to Pakistan as our documents were found to be forged,” he said.

While these figures are startling, Pakistan itself has handed over an estimated 25,712 illegal immigrants to some two dozen countries during the last five years.

Over 259,000 (67% of the total figure) Pakistanis were deported from four brotherly countries, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Iran and Oman. Saudi Arabia deported more than 122,000 Pakistanis during the last five years. Around 60,000 in 2013; 17,000 in 2012; 15,667 in 2011; 15,231 in 2010; and 14,878 Pakistanis were deported in 2009.

Over 63,000 Pakistanis were deported from the UAE between 2009 and 2013.

The Iranian immigration staff has sent back around 43,000 Pakistanis in the last five years. Tehran handed over some 9,000 illegal immigrants to Pakistan’s border authorities at the Taftan border in Balochistan in 2013.

Similarly, the United States sent some 600 Pakistanis home in the last five years, with 90 deported in 2013. The United Kingdom has deported some 9,000 Pakistanis since 2008 on the grounds that they were living there without proper documentation. Around 2,100 Pakistanis were expelled in 2013.

Over 31,000 Pakistanis were deported from Oman in the last five years, with 6,123 in 2013 alone. Over these five years, as many as 14,280 Pakistanis were deported from Greece, with 2,564 illegal immigrants sent home just last year.

More than 6,500 Pakistanis were deported from Turkey in the last five years, with 1,345 illegal immigrants sent back in 2013. Almost 6,500 Pakistanis were deported from Serbia.

South Africa sent home around 2,000 Pakistanis in the last five years while some 27 Pakistanis were deported from Afghanistan. While 12 were deported from China, Canada saw 79 deportations with France expelling 575 Pakistanis in the last five years.

A senior official associated with an Anti-Human Trafficking Circle under the Federal Investigation Agency told The Express Tribune that there are two reasons behind this mass deportation. In the first instance, deportees deliberately misplaced their documents to prolong their illegal stay. Some migrants managed to gain entry of other countries on the basis of forged documents usually prepared by their agents or human traffickers, he added.
panduranghari
BRF Oldie

Post by panduranghari »

shiv wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.in/dr-sofia-r ... 60876.html
In Kuwait, we are considered as NOBODY. Yes, despite being in Kuwait for the last 40 years or so, my family is still considered as expatriates, with no rights. We need to renew our resident permit periodically and the laws there constantly keep changing, making the life of expatriates only harder. We have to strictly comply with their rules and laws, which is fine but we are openly discriminated. They consider Asians as third grade people, while giving preference to their citizens, Arabs and Whites. We are not unhappy there but we have no sense of belonging either. At least, I never had and never have, even when I visit Kuwait now. We are Muslims in a Muslim country, and yet we are considered as Indians with no special regards.

I figured long back ago, that India is the only country, where I will have a sense of belonging. You are an Indian-American in US, Indian-Canadian in Canada, Indian-British in UK and so on but only in India you are an Indian. Period. Rest can say whatever they want and defend their choices but this is a fact. You can only feel at home in your own home. I have lived in different places and everywhere I stand out but in India. Nobody in India asks me, 'Are you an Indian?', and this is what makes all the difference
All Indian origin (whatever generation they may be) will be nothing more than guests in their overseas residences which they can call home. We might inter marry the foreigners, we might have served in their armed forces, we might be even given the highest state honour in that adopted land, we might relinquish Indian passport for another one but we will be still be 'guests' forever.