Bharat Rakshak

Consortium of Indian Defence Websites
It is currently 22 Aug 2014 10:42

All times are UTC + 5:30 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
PostPosted: 02 Dec 2011 19:13 
BRFite

Has anyone seen pic of the ex sudarshan shakti. I saw the pictures on http://livefist.blogspot.com/ but some of those pics are from 2008 ex Brazen chariot.
I made a blog post about this. Its really weird , either the media or the mod screwed up.

http://ashsworldonline.blogspot.com/2011/12/indian-defence-blog-by-shiv-aroor.html

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011 04:36 
BRFite

Vayusena MiG 29 with a big Red anti-ship missile slung under it

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011 05:28 
BRFite

Gaur wrote:
chackojoseph wrote:

Its no magic. It has some teflon and other such material treatment.

I was talking about the magic to make the fabric confortable in real world situations. I mean...the body heat has to go somewhere doesn't it? If the fabric is preventing the heat radiated by the body to be released out, the person should get very hot and dehydrated soon.
So, an insulating fabric which is also "confortable"...that is something I am unable to understand.
Anyway, this is beyond the point. Maybe the fabric is all that it is marketed to be..my major problem is with using the camo of another Nation.

"Breathable" fabrics have been around for a long while now. If you do some serious outdoor hiking/trekking or expeditions, you will become familiar with various types of clothing made from cutting edge fabrics. For example, check out How to Dress in Layers article to see the different types of fabric options one has (i.e. fabrics that transport (or "wick") perspiration away from your skin, waterproof/breathable shells, wind resistance fabrics, fabrics with hidden membrane that does not affect breathability, fabrics that trap air but are also made with moisture-wicking fibers to help keep you dry, lightweight/ultra-lightweight fabrics/fillings, etc). It all depends on your budget and what you need for your comfort and performance.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011 13:09 
BRF Oldie

Aircraft Hangar Onboard INS Viraat

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011 14:18 
BRFite

Vishal Jolapara wrote:
Vayusena MiG 29 with a big Red anti-ship missile slung under it

Nice pic Vishal,
interstingly that looks like the newer version of the Kh35/AS20 Kayak with folded wings onlee....IIRC I had read in one of the Air Intl. articles on MAKS 2011 that these puppies have something like a 245KM range.

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2011 18:29 
Forum Moderator

time for a new thread folks. please start one.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3966 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100