Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
saptarishi
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by saptarishi »

Gaur wrote:
Why were MARCOS wearing US Camo? Was this photograph taken during a joint excercise?
i think marcos must have adopted this type of pattern.not just for a joint exercise'
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

The MARCOS Badge of an Eagle with a horizontal dagger in its claws looks awesome in brass...one of the best out there. And very original. Something I have never liked about the Balidan Badge.....we should have redesigned that. Even the NSG one is pretty awesome.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

deepan gill wrote:I have noticed many posts where, physique has been mentioned. Where the skinny NSG personnel are pointed out. I know very well the members who did point this out have well wishes for our men and women of armed forces but, before making such comments, remember that person made it, he/she made it through the course and is now the best among best.

How many of us can do 50 push ups non-stop of go without food for 3 days straight, without sleep, sitting in same position? We cannot even sit in one place without moving for more than 2 minutes.

Mind over matter people, that skinny guy can control his/her mind and just keep going. Just my 2 cents.

Thank
Gill
Is that the new version of the scooter helmet rona-dhona. One needs to remember that we are boor sdre onlee living on < $1 a day hence ct unit will be skinny, no?
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rohit, seals have a similar symbol. I never liked the balidan badge of dagger with wings either.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

saptarishi wrote: i think marcos must have adopted this type of pattern.not just for a joint exercise'
After reading your post I did some searching and came across this:

Marine Commando's slide down from a Sea King helicopter and take position during a simulated action onboard Indian Navy's aircraft carrier INS Viraat during an operational demonstration as a pre-cursor to the upcoming President's Fleet Review ( PFR-11) some 50 kms north-east off Mumbai coast on November 14, 2011.
http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/sh ... !!/page284
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

^^^The PLA is invading us.....run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

awesome photos
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Rahul M wrote:rohit, seals have a similar symbol. I never liked the balidan badge of dagger with wings either.
Sirji, I have seen that. But in case of MARCOS, you can make a good case of that symbol - Eagle, anchor and dagger. All fits into the overall profile of MARCOS. Funny that SEALS should use Trident!!! Coming to Balidan Badge, they should have replaced it when they had time. While there are many SF units in western world which use the same symbol, the difference is that these units claim descendency from SAS...so, it is a matter of affiliation for them.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

I don't like Balidan Badge either but not because of its looks. Actually, I love how Balidan Badge looks...simple and to the point. To my personal taste fancy symbols look rather offputting and childish.
What I actually dislike about Balidan Badge that its taken straight from the SAS winged dagger. The "Who dares wins" was replaced by "Balidan" and Excalibar sword by a dagger.
I understand that Indian Parachute Regiment originated from British Parachute Regiment...but even so, they could have come up with a more original symbol.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Gaur, my objection is for the same reason, not because of how it looks. ;)

rohit, the trident is the weapon of neptune, roman god of the sea.

one day, I would like to see the para SF get its own 'meghdoot' regiment (have a cookie and pat yourself on the back if you understand why. :D ) and its own unique insignia.
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

Gaur wrote:
saptarishi wrote: i think marcos must have adopted this type of pattern.not just for a joint exercise'
Actually, The source also has pictures that show even CRPF Cobras fielding this uniform.
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

^^^ Classy digital camo. uniforms that match ( not 6 different uniforms for 5 soldiers) and kevlar helmets that cover the ears ( not WW II or scooter helmets). All Indian soldiers not just special forces deserve this.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

Yes, the camo looks good but I hope that its not an exact copy of US Universal Camo Pattern as being suggested. But that will only be made clear after some higher resolution photos taken from a closer distance surface.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Rahul M wrote: rohit, the trident is the weapon of neptune, roman god of the sea.

one day, I would like to see the para SF get its own 'meghdoot' regiment (have a cookie and pat yourself on the back if you understand why. :D ) and its own unique insignia.
Neptune....now makes sense.Thanx.

As for Meghdoot, you refering to the Meghdoot Force raised in 1965 by Lt.Col. Megh Singh of Guards? How can I not know that? You know what, one of Dad's CO was from SF...the old man had served as RMO with 10 Para(SF) for a long time...had heard some real good stories from him. Once, while attending dinner in his home, I saw a plaque with word "Chachro" on it...even on my repeated requests, he did not tell me what it stood for. I went through three libraries in the cantonment to find out the meaning of this word...this was the time when internet was not a commodity and where we were, it had yet to show its face. I also remember seeing a distinct wood mounted plaque with a big scoprion on it (not engraved but in actual metallic form)..it was gifted to him on his way out of 10 Para(SF)....that is why, to this day have never forgotten who the "Scorpions" in the army are :) ...this was also the time when I heard first about SG and was surprised that people spoke in real hush-2 tones about it...I used to be shooed away... :P (waiting for Surya-ullah to issue fatwa)
Ankit Desai
BRFite

Post by Ankit Desai »

rohitvats wrote:I saw a plaque with word "Chachro" on it...even on my repeated requests, he did not tell me what it stood for
Does the word "Chachro" has to do with this http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/1971/Dec07/Art05.htm ?

-Ankit
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

rohit, that comment wasn't meant for oldies like you. but it's good that we got to hear your experience. :)
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaur wrote:
Why were MARCOS wearing US Camo? Was this photograph taken during a joint excercise?
No, as mentioned on IMS Vikarant.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaur wrote:Yes, the camo looks good but I hope that its not an exact copy of US Universal Camo Pattern as being suggested. But that will only be made clear after some higher resolution photos taken from a closer distance surface.
Your Wish is granted. Higher res photos ( I am still working on improving the dimensions of slide show). Click them. And The narration has improved.

Link again Indian Marine Commando in US Universal Camouflage Pattern
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

There is a typo. IMS Vikrant has to be INS Vikrant.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

No it is Indian Museum Ship (IMS) Vikrant.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

chackojoseph wrote:No it is Indian Museum Ship (IMS) Vikrant.
Oh. :oops: Its retired. :mrgreen:
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Chachro is still classified.
Anshul
BRFite

Post by Anshul »

Something very sindhi about the name.From our own archives:-

http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/1971/Dec07/Art05.htm
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

Gaur wrote:
Gaur saab, Exchanging weapons during a joint exercise one thing but exchanging their cloths is a whole new dimension.... :D :rotfl:
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

I have added some info on the suit for simplicity. These are generally known.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

chackojoseph wrote:
Gaur wrote:Yes, the camo looks good but I hope that its not an exact copy of US Universal Camo Pattern as being suggested. But that will only be made clear after some higher resolution photos taken from a closer distance surface.
Your Wish is granted. Higher res photos ( I am still working on improving the dimensions of slide show). Click them. And The narration has improved.

Link again Indian Marine Commando in US Universal Camouflage Pattern
Thanks for the update. So is it confirmed that the camo is indeed US Universal Camo Pattern? I ask this because the MARCOS version seems to have a different colour (brown vs more bluish US camo) but that can also be because of different camera settings and light.
If it is indeed US Camo then that it is very strange. That will mean that we have now come to importing unifrom too. :roll:
koti wrote: Gaur saab, Exchanging weapons during a joint exercise one thing but exchanging their cloths is a whole new dimension.... :D :rotfl:
:wink: Then you will be interested to see these pics from Yudh Abhyas 2010 in Alaska:
Last edited by Gaur on 29 Nov 2011 01:58, edited 1 time in total.
SBajwa
BRF Oldie

Post by SBajwa »

For the first time, as many as 132 tanks were on parade. The five regiments fielded 26 tanks each, with one for the regiment commandant and five each representing their squadrons. Besides the T-90s on parade, a large number of tanks, BMP mechanised combat vehicles, Bofors Howitzers and other equipment were displayed at the periphery of the parade ground.
VinayG
BRFite

Post by VinayG »

looks like TAVORS
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaur wrote:Thanks for the update. So is it confirmed that the camo is indeed US Universal Camo Pattern? I ask this because the MARCOS version seems to have a different colour (brown vs more bluish US camo) but that can also be because of different camera settings and light.
If it is indeed US Camo then that it is very strange. That will mean that we have now come to importing unifrom too. :roll
As mentioned in the narration, its US Navy Seals pattern. AFIK, the patent is expected to be acquired and then made in India.

Combine this camo with this news Indian Navy to procure Integrated Combat System for Marine Commandos and take a wild guess where the MARCOS will get these equipment from. :|
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

Gaur wrote:[
koti wrote: Gaur saab, Exchanging weapons during a joint exercise one thing but exchanging their cloths is a whole new dimension.... :D :rotfl:
:wink: Then you will be interested to see these pics from Yudh Abhyas 2010 in Alaska:
[img]
:shock:
Maybe they are limited to the winter wear..... and nothing on the inside. :roll:
koti
BRFite

Post by koti »

chackojoseph wrote: Combine this camo with this news Indian Navy to procure Integrated Combat System for Marine Commandos and take a wild guess where the MARCOS will get these equipment from. :|
CJ Saab, are the Tavors a fresh import from IMI or are they the Zittaras?
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

koti ji,

I am not aware of that. So no comments. If possible, I will source that info.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

chackojoseph wrote: As mentioned in the narration, its US Navy Seals pattern. AFIK, the patent is expected to be acquired and then made in India.

Combine this camo with this news Indian Navy to procure Integrated Combat System for Marine Commandos and take a wild guess where the MARCOS will get these equipment from. :|
Thanks Chacko. I can understand the equipment but had hoped that we would at least not wear the same uniform as others.

Regarding the TAR-21s, MARCOS have only recently started recieving them from IMI (Jan 2011 IIRC). It was mentioned in some news reports posted in SF forum.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

my chaiwallah told me that MARCOS have been training and operating with SEALS for some time now. naval cooperation has long been on the Indo-US agenda
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Regarding the TAR-21s, MARCOS have only recently started recieving them from IMI (Jan 2011 IIRC). It was mentioned in some news reports posted in SF forum.
come on

The Tavors have been in induction for a few years.
You seriously think the Marcos would only get it now
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

Post by chackojoseph »

Gaurji,

The camo was very good. One civie lady was mentioning to other (In hindi) "look at the cloths he is wearing. I suddenly noticed him." That caught my attention. Then I gave a small talk and then moved on to the camo instead of a direct question.

Somethings I learn't is that the material of the cloth and the pattern is patented. Very expensive and very comfortable. It is ideal for Special ops personnel. USN Seals don it to effectiveness.

You are right that they should fund such projects in India. There is a lot of technology that goes behind the pattern. what is even more tougher is achieving consistency in achieving the pattern by the manufacturer.