Attention non-members and lurkers !

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Re: Attention non-members and lurkers !

Post by Dilbu »

Vashishtha wrote:I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but anyone on this forum from the middle-east, particularly U.A.E??
Yup. We got 4 including you. I am in Dubai.
gulrez
BRFite -Trainee

Post by gulrez »

Hi, I am a newbie here.. this is my first post.. wanted to ask when I change my company, can I change my work email address here which I used to register ?
Last edited by archan on 25 Aug 2010 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: username changed in accordance with forum policy. Email us with your new email address when you change it.
nitinr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinr »

am from kuwait..
Deepak_D
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Deepak_D »

Hello Everyone,

I wont say I am a newbie on BR. I just happened to register today. I am glad I did. I am an enthusiast in defense. I read much and try to accumulate. I am reading BR since 2003 on LCA. Offlate I am following MMRCA and China Military thread and Defence and intelligence discussions. I hope I be some good contributor.

Thanks,
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

Welcome to BR Deepak
Spartak
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Spartak »

Hi everyone,

this is my first post here although I joined a few weeks ago.
I'm from Australia but (mainly) of East Euro ancestry. I'm interested in military developments and have myself some military experience (in my younger days). I hope to get the Indian perspective on this forum.

Regards
Mukesh.Kumar
BRFite

Post by Mukesh.Kumar »

Anybody from Oman?
Vashishtha
BRFite

Post by Vashishtha »

@Dilbu, cool. I am from al ain.Nice meeting you.:)
komaljitme
BRFite -Trainee

Post by komaljitme »

hello moderators..........could u plz change username to vikramaditya
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

Rahul M wrote:Membership Referrals / Free Email Policy

Over the years, BRF's no free email policy has prevented a large number of people from becoming members. Even a few of the current crop of members were part of that unfortunate group in their early days.

While the policy has helped keep BRF saner than most places on the net, it has also prevented deserving people from becoming members.

To arrive at a balance between these two extremes it has been decided by the mods that people without a paid/office provided email can become BRF members if any existing BR member vouches for him/her.

The Procedure:
The referrer member should contact the Moderator Team about this by sending an email to gentleman.cadet [AT] gmail.com, specifying the new member's details (Desired Username, and a short intro as to how you know the new member, and the new members email id)

We will be monitoring the IPs and posting patterns of the new members so as to ensure that this process in not misused.

Consider this as a Christmas/New Years gift from the mods ! :)

Cheers !

P.S.
1) This announcement would be merged/removed in a few days once it is incorporated in the forum guidelines.
2) "offer is not extended to people previously shahid-ized. so no point in re-applying"

25 Jan 2009 Update: Purging of Recent Inactive Memberships
For New Members who registered in the last 24 days and did not make a single post

Your user account may have been purged in a recent clean up of spam accounts. Please re-register again.

Some of the accounts that have been deleted may be in this list
rakeshbhamare,
ashvin,
pratikb,
shivarajan. B,
manishksingh,
PankajC,
vipinm,
ponanK,
rangaswamy,
NitinSuri,
kaustubha,
karthick,
edison,
Beyoncem,
Mahesh_Leo,
jabarchoudhary,
vikramrajpara,
prasadmpatil,
rakhi,
Srikanth_G,
nitin.lca,
manish
R.L.N.Rao,
macharla,
rameshbhola,
gokula.krishnan,
praveen_sathaye,
rahulsharma,
drsandeepjain,
gurbir,
PWRoy,
vishnuCK,
vishnu_ck,
If you cannot login or cannot post - please re-register again using the same information you have provided earlier.
Make atleast one post somewhere to prevent a similar purge in the future
_________________________________________________________________________________

sir my id got changed form tuneix to Jacqueline Lofstrom without my knowledge

also how can i change it back

i thought you might help
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

Jacqueline Lofstrom wrote: sir my id got changed form tuneix to Jacqueline Lofstrom without my knowledge

also how can i change it back

i thought you might help
You might want to read the forum rules. One of the first rules is to have a HUMAN SOUNDING NAME when registering. Glad to meet you Jacqueline, may I call you Jackie? :D
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

can the administrator please change the name from Jacqueline Lofstrom to tushar_m

& nice to meet you arment you can call me jack
Devendra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Devendra »

Dear Administrations
Some of my friends at IITK who have registered at BRF are not able to login back. They have tried the account recovery, which shows that their email and data is on BRF and a mail regarding their account has been sent to them. But they have not received any mail.
please tell me whom they should contact or what is the procedure to get their account back.
Regards
Devendra
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Devendra, I got an email from one of your friends I think.
if there are others please ask them to follow this.
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... =3#p832099
*****ATTENTION*****

I just noticed that there are a number of users who haven't validated their account. The validation email has been giving problems, so if anyone has this problem of not receiving validation email, please contact us @
gentlemanDATcadetYATjeemaleDATkam
@ shyamkc, your a/c has been activated. welcome to BR.
Devendra
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Devendra »

Thanks Rahul M
I will inform them.
shyamkc
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shyamkc »

Thank you Rahul
My account is working now.
SaurabhB
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SaurabhB »

After years of lurking on this site, and few unsuccessful attempts to register, I am now a registered member...
And I would like to thank Rahul M for his generous help regarding the registration...
Finally I am in the BR family...:)

-SaurabhB
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

ramana wrote:Folks, I am pleased and honored to announce the link to SSridhar's blog on Pak Watch.

http://pak-watch.blogspot.com/2010/04/p ... -from.html

Thanks to SSridhar and Jamawal for seizing the initiative and hope this is the first of many such ring of blogs which will spread our message.

Please visit and be informed.

Thanks,

ramana

Can we have a Hindi translated version in the blog or in a different blog.
This needs language and maybe more language. See if we can build a language translation team and BPO in India
Sri
BRFite

Post by Sri »

Acharya wrote:
ramana wrote:Folks, I am pleased and honored to announce the link to SSridhar's blog on Pak Watch.

http://pak-watch.blogspot.com/2010/04/p ... -from.html

Thanks to SSridhar and Jamawal for seizing the initiative and hope this is the first of many such ring of blogs which will spread our message.

Please visit and be informed.

Thanks,

ramana

Can we have a Hindi translated version in the blog or in a different blog.
This needs language and maybe more language. See if we can build a language translation team and BPO in India

I volunteer to translate sridhar sir's blogs into hindi...

Will mail him too and seek his blessings....
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

Mods,

I had registered using the Mail provided by the ISP. Now that I have switched the ISP will this create a problem. As that Email ID is no longer active.
Samudragupta
BRFite

Post by Samudragupta »

I am a new member in the forum, hope to contribute something interesting in the forum.
ramk
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ramk »

Hello All :)
I'm a new member to this forum and I'm very happy to join you guys.Hope I can contribute something to this forum [by posting lots questions to senior members ;)]
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

welcome guys !

Pratyush sahab, no. if you want add an email ID to your signature in case anyone wants to contact you.
aniket
BRFite

Post by aniket »

how do u become a brfite from a trainee
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

aniket wrote:how do u become a brfite from a trainee
100+ posts. 8)

postcount++. :mrgreen:
deerags
BRFite -Trainee

Post by deerags »

Hello to BR. My first post here.
FroguetteMiNote
BRFite -Trainee

Post by FroguetteMiNote »

Hello everybody

I am a French literary translator and fiction writer and this is my third post as i hadn't found/read this thread until now. :oops: Sorry about that.

The reason i joined is for documentation.

For now, as a translator, i am interested in present time terrorism in/from India as i translate a book revolving around the subject. And as a writer, the Freies Indien deserters of August 1944 in France are my subject of choice.

FMN
Raghavendra
BRFite

Post by Raghavendra »

^Welcome to Bharat Rakshak
FroguetteMiNote
BRFite -Trainee

Post by FroguetteMiNote »

Raghavendra wrote:^Welcome to Bharat Rakshak
Thank you very much, Raghavendra 8)

FMN
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

Hello BRFites and trainee's .. This is my first post ... I had been reading many threads (MMRCA, LCA, China Military watch threads, news articles on the home page of BR and most interesting - Military scenarios) since 2-3 years .. and today decided to join BR. Highly likely that I would be posting questions only in 'newbie thread' :)

I remember so many names already - Ajatshatru, Dileep, Naik, Hari, Shiv, Jamwal, Rahul (mod) .. My father is in Indian Air Force (ground duty) .. and hence bit background in defence ..

One more thing before I sign-off from here, I always had been impressed by the professional discussions between BR members (especially the 'black and white' attitude - in a debate I felt like people saying 'See. This is my logic and evidence - either you or I is correct' .. 'No bullshit' attitude is highly appreciable). I am an engineer but I just do my work for salary but people (rather should say warriors) here work for their country with an unbelievable passion .. Hats off to all BRFites and all Indians .. :)

PS - Just attended AI on Saturday. Wish I could have offered a couple of Kingfishers to BRFites. Wish me good luck next time :)
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

welcome to BR boss. why don't you recount your AI experience in the AI thread ?
UrNewAdmin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by UrNewAdmin »

who banned me and why? :((

when will kufar birather remove my ban
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Hi BRites,
Newbie here though I have been following various forums as an unintentional lurker. :D

Dad was in aviation and I am from IITKGP.

Really impressed by what is posted on these forums and I hope I can contribute. And I get a clear view of the a/c landing at HAL from my window.

Cheers
samverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by samverma »

Hi everybody!! Just joined even though i have been visiting this site religiously for the last 6-7 years. Great to be on board with every body. Love the discussions, debates etc. AND YES...am a head over heal's fan of V Ahuja's and Shankar's writing....Jamwal also..great work and a special thanks to the Moderators and gurus for trudging along and getting this site to where it is..Honestly!!
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

welcome guys.
Bhaskar_T
BRFite

Post by Bhaskar_T »

samverma wrote: AND YES...am a head over heal's fan of V Ahuja's and Shankar's writing....Jamwal also..great work and a special thanks to the Moderators and gurus for trudging along and getting this site to where it is..Honestly!!
Welcome. :)

PS - Sorry for OT. The writing of V.Ahuja, Shankar and Jamwal forced me to bunk 3 working days of my office. If someone can answer if the book which frequently had been mentioned in the Indo-Chinese scenarios, has been published ?
PPS - I have read one book on Kargil and one book on 9/11 (Can't recall but one of them was written by former Army chief). Currently reading 'Descent into Chaos' (American-Taliban war).
pragnya
BRFite

Post by pragnya »

hi all. been lurking for 2 years. the quality of discussion here is great. happy to be here.
BENNY
BRFite -Trainee

Post by BENNY »

Hi

Nice meeting you all
balky
BRFite -Trainee

Post by balky »

sorry all..posted nonsense post as my first.. got a personalised email id just 2day morning 4 BRF...mods my regrets on that post 'INTRO'..
SagarNS
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SagarNS »

Thrilled to join the BRFite community.