Well i was implying what kind of protection do Indian aircraft carriers have against this chinese shashaojian .In BRF we are more concerned what India s options are ! USN can take care of itself., can IN ? No one likes to be surprised in a war especially when capital assets are involved.Prudence and caution tells IN to be prepared., even if all the 'spikes' doesnt exist as of now.Simply buying all sorts of arms is not the answer., IN needs a first use nuke policy if faced with a similar attack, that seems to be the only deterrence, since china s naval capability both qualitatively and quantitavely heads north, and IN looks likely to be able to maintain its present strength.GOI needs to formulate a tactical nuclear policy for conventional warfare in the next 5 yr.
First we have to worry about having decent Carrier. Then we can worry about protecting them from Chinese.
1. First of all, to target the Carrier, one need realtime sharing of coordinates. Do China has this capability ? Let say for dicussion it has..
2. Carrier at max speed moves approx a km/min. When those BMs were fired, it def. take min 5 mins. By that time, Carrier would have moved by 5km. What good it does with conventional warhead.
3. Terminal guidance to warhead: The potency of BM is it is a free falling object moving at high speed immune to external hindrance except physical interception. If there is guidance to warhead, then it subjected to same treatment as other missiles.
4. If China uses Nuclear warhead: it is the most stupidest thing China could ever do.
5. Barrage of BMs: Then what is the purpose of escorts armed with missles like SM3 ?
6. Barrage of CMs: They will be destroyed like mosquitoes shown in Good Night ads. Before entering the theatre they will be hunted down.
7. SHKVAL: Chinese subs as a pack are war-gaming to lure the sentry elements and attacking the big ones. At that time SHKVAL may be useful. But the point is US goes to the scene with all the paraphernalia. We might be using the same SHKVAL against them if we already purchased. After all it is revenge weapon, right ?