Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Neela
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

Post by Neela »

derkonig
BRFite
Location: Jeering sekular forces bhile Furiously malishing my mijjile @ Led Lips Mijjile Malish Palish Parloul

Post by derkonig »

Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Holbrooke pays quiet Gulf visit to ‘raise funds for IDPs’

US Special Envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan Richard Holbrooke is quietly touring the Gulf countries, raising funds for Pakistan to help it look after millions of people displaced because of its campaign against militants, according to diplomats.

The US special envoy had assured Pakistan that he would help it raise $1 billion to cope with the problem.
ravi_s
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ravi_s »

i think Pearl continental is the same hotel which the US had almosy bought for a new embassy in Peshwar... i read a news report somewhere that the sale has been almost concluded..let me try to find out..

so looks somebody is making a statement to US to not venture beyond a lakshman rekha..wonder what made our abduls so pissed...!!!
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

ravi_s wrote:i think Pearl continental is the same hotel which the US had almosy bought for a new embassy in Peshwar... i read a news report somewhere that the sale has been almost concluded..let me try to find out..

so looks somebody is making a statement to US to not venture beyond a lakshman rekha..wonder what made our abduls so pissed...!!!
Yep, it is the same.

Suicide bomber attacks Pakistani hotel U.S. was to buy
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

They arrested 1Dus percenti and geela-nahi?
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

The Peshawar vacumn explosion has been casued by a car. Apparantly the miscreants were testing those high-intensity discharge halogen light bulbs...
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Suicide Attackers Hit Pakistan Hotel

PESHAWAR, Pakistan -- Suicide attackers in a truck launched an assault Tuesday on a luxury hotel commonly used by foreigners in Peshawar, firing guns as they stormed past guards and then setting off a huge blast that killed at least five people and wounded 65 more, Pakistani officials said.

No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack in the largest city in Pakistan's restive northwest, but it fit the pattern of recent Taliban attacks the militants said were in retaliation for a military campaign against militants in the Swat Valley region.

Local television networks showed part of the Pearl Continental Hotel had been demolished in the blast, reduced to concrete rubble and twisted steel. The scene was pandemonium, with armed police rushing around and Pakistani men standing by looking stunned. One man held a bloodied rag to his head.

A large crater was blasted into the ground.

An AP reporter saw six foreigners being helped out of the hotel. They all had wounds and at least two of them had bandages around their heads. One of them said, "We work for UNHCR." He also said that officials from World Food Program were also staying at the hotel.

Police official Liaqat Ali said he learned from witnesses that three men riding in a truck approached the main gate of the hotel and opened fire at security guards before driving inside.

"They drove the vehicle inside the hotel gates and blew it up on reaching close to the hotel building," Mr. Ali said at the scene.

May 27: A suicide car bomber targets buildings housing police and intelligence offices in the eastern city of Lahore, killing about 30 and wounding at least 250.

March 30: Gunmen armed with rifles and hand grenades attack a police academy on the outskirts of Lahore, killing at least 12 people and wounding dozens.

March 27: A suicide bomber demolishes a packed mosque near the northwestern town of Jamrud, killing about 50 people and injuring scores more.

March 3: Gunmen attack the Sri Lankan national cricket team in Lahore, wounding several players and killing six policemen and a driver.
Associated Press

Sahibzada Anis, a top government official in Peshawar, said at least five people were killed. Another police official Ghulam Mohammad Khan said that so far 65 wounded people had been shifted to various hospitals.

An injured man, Jawad Chaudhry, said he was in his room on the ground floor when he heard gunshots and then a big bang.

"The floor under my feet shook. I thought the roof was falling on me. I ran out. I saw everybody running in panic," he said. "There was blood and pieces of glass everywhere."

He said he several people were lying on floor with wounds, and some of them seemed to be unconscious.

Jamal Khan, a chef at the hotel, came out, covered in dust and his apron spattered with blood.

"I was busy as usual cooking when I heard a deafening bang," he said. "I tumbled and hit a wall. I do not know how I managed to come out. I just heard people crying in pain and crying for help."

The Pearl Continental, affectionately called the "PC" by Pakistanis, is relatively well-guarded and set far back from the main road and overlooking a golf course and a historic fort. It is located just over a mile from the city's airport.

Parking in front of the structure is heavily restricted, and to get to the front doors of the building, a car has to undergo security checks and travel around concrete and metal barriers.

The hotel is a favorite place for foreigners and elite Pakistanis to stay and socialize, making it a high-profile target for militants.

Last year, a massive bombing at Islamabad's Marriott Hotel killed more than 50 people and wounded dozens, rattling the nation.

Farahnaz Ispahani, spokeswoman for President Asif Ali Zardari and the ruling party, condemned the attack.

"We will not bow down. We will not be cowed by these people," she said. "We will root them out. We will fight them and we will win. This is Pakistan's unity and integrity that is at stake."

Lou Fintor, spokesman for the U.S. Embassy in Islamabad, said all diplomatic personnel were accounted for. "At this point we have no reports that any Americans were at the scene," he said.

Copyright © 2009 Associated Press
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Remember this is Pakistan.
The ISI will BLOW away any structure that is detrimental to the security of the ISI or the Pak Army leadership.
The marriot hotel blast in Isloo was because the NSA was setting up surveillance equipment on its top floors perhaps to eavesdrop better on General Kiyanahi's secret gupshup with his talibunnie friends or who knows with his chum OBL. It was funny because the truck had blown up on the ground, and there was a raging fire on the top floor where the NSA guys were parked! This was explained away as the gas lines having caught fire.
Today this hotel, where the US was planning to set up base has had a vaccum explosion. Now the pakistanis get to go in as fire-fighters and policemen and see the entire building.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=182145
The endgame target: a weak nuclear defanged Pakistan
SheMan Mazari
According to a Times of India report (May 16), Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has told Obama that some of Pakistan's nuclear sites are already in 'radical' hands! Reaching out to anti-nuclear lobbies in countries like Japan, Indian analysts like Brahma Chellaney (closely linked to the Indian establishment) have begun a campaign declaring that it is Pakistan's 'military insiders' who are a threat to the country's nuclear assets. Probably basing his erroneous assumption on the fact that the Indian military has become increasingly Hindutva-oriented, he asserts that the Pakistan army has been infiltrated by a jihadist culture and both "Islamists (Jehadi, Islam, Islamists – all these terms are randomly used interchangeably by Chellaney) and US-sponsored generals" are labelled as threats to international peace and security. This theme is played out to its ridiculous conclusion that the US must take over Pakistan's nukes
Why is there such renewed attention on our nukes? It would appear that we have moved beyond India in certain critical developments. We already had the uranium enrichment advantage (India's was a plutonium-based weapon); now we have managed the plutonium-based skills also. Our delivery systems have moved from trial tests to training tests, and second strike capability is on the horizon also. ( So Madam , is Pakistan also capable of producing simple bike Motor)
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

p_saggu wrote:Remember this is Pakistan.
The ISI will BLOW away any structure that is detrimental to the security of the ISI or the Pak Army leadership.
The marriot hotel blast in Isloo was because the NSA was setting up surveillance equipment on its top floors perhaps to eavesdrop better on General Kiyanahi's secret gupshup with his talibunnie friends or who knows with his chum OBL. It was funny because the truck had blown up on the ground, and there was a raging fire on the top floor where the NSA guys were parked! This was explained away as the gas lines having caught fire.
Today this hotel, where the US was planning to set up base has had a vaccum explosion. Now the pakistanis get to go in as fire-fighters and policemen and see the entire building.
marriot hotel was the center of ISI interaction with the western agencies for the last 30 years. TO remove all traces of ISI contact of the past cold war days they decided to terminated the hotel itself.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

That Mushy interview has so many gems and insights that one has to do a line by line analysis. Will do so later.

Meanwhile Nightwatch reports and comments on 6/8/09:
India-Pakistan: For the record. The Indian Express reported today that former Pakistani President General Musharraf said Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency has ties to militant commanders, including Taliban leader Sirajuddin Haqqani.

Pakistan: Geo TV reported today that in Upper Dir District in northwestern Pakistan A tribal lashkar (group of armed tribesmen constituted as a militia) has cordoned off 300 militants in Shotkas and Ghazi Gai areas. At least 16 militants have been killed and 16 hideouts destroyed so far during clashes.

According to local sources, tension surged among local villagers after the militants launched a suicide attack during Friday prayers in a Jama Masjid mosque in Haya Gai, an area of Dirbala. The mosque bombing killed 38 people and sparked the spontaneous militia action on the part of villagers, who have killed 14 Taliban militants since 6 June. Military officials said the Taliban have been seen retreating from the area, according to Agence France-Presss. This is tonight’s good news.

{Is the Jama Masjid in Haya Gai, a Sunni mosque? Why would the Sunni Taliban attack such a mosque? Something is odd. Need to look deeper than this above analysis}{/i]

In Karachi, violence between rival groups Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and breakaway faction Mohajir Qaumi Movement (Haqiqi group) has led to the deaths of 26 people this month, according to Karachi police chief Waseem Ahmed, Reuters reported 8 June. Five people reportedly were killed on the 8th. Ahmed added that most of the 26 people who have died have been members of the Haqiqi group.

This is arcane Pakistani politics, but rival political groups are using hit lists to kill members of the opposition. Mohajirs are Pakistanis who were born in India and moved to Pakistan in 1947 at Separation. Ex-President General Musharraf is their favorite son.

In short, a war for political control of Karachi is occurring, based on more than 60 year old templates that have little relevance. The best analysts say that the pro-Taliban Pashtuns have taken control of Karachi while the old time political groups try to exterminate each other. The irrelevance of the old post-colonial parties is a key to understanding Pakistani political dynamics.

i dont agree with last comment. Its the MQM, both factions that represent the Indian origin Muslims, who hold the TSP together with Urdu. If they are gone so is Urdu which is one of the strands holding the TSP together. So this fight is very relevant. And it looks like old-line MQM is winning against the breakaway Haqiqi faction.

So who are these Haqiqi group of MQM?
hnair
Forum Moderator

Post by hnair »

Prem wrote:http://www.thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=182145
The endgame target: a weak nuclear defanged Pakistan
SheMan Mazari
Why is there such renewed attention on our nukes? It would appear that we have moved beyond India in certain critical developments. We already had the uranium enrichment advantage (India's was a plutonium-based weapon); now we have managed the plutonium-based skills also. Our delivery systems have moved from trial tests to training tests, and second strike capability is on the horizon also. ( So Madam , is Pakistan also capable of producing simple bike Motor)
1) Why is she not carping on "Plutonium is dirty tech and needs latex gloves to handle, while uranium is TFTA and finger licking good"? What changed the sourness of grapes into corn syrup? :rotfl:
2) She is right on "second strike capability is on the horizon". It always was on their horizon and is called Indian nuclear strike.
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

Ramana-saar
MQM Haqiqi group split from MQM in '91. The Haqiqi group is futher split into Haqiqi Afaq group and Haqiqi Amir Khan Group. But both these spliter groups have declared that MQM Altaf is their enemy no 1.

MQM Altaf and MQM spliter have a glorious history of murdering each other right from '91. In fact a few tens despatched every year is not a news at all in Krachi. There are murmors that the Haqiqi group were aided by Military intelligence associated with Rangers in Krachi to fight MQM altaf and to indulge in extra judicial killings.

Way back in 2001-2002, MQM Altaf demanded that PML-Q crack down on the Haqiqi group, which they did. In fact, everyone from PML-N to Benazir, whoever has courted MQM has cracked down on the MQM-Haqiqis.

Haqiqi group dominates in eastern Krachi. Depending on where who died, it can be estimated who shot who (most people dispatched in the east are Haqiqis)
Rahul Shukla
BRFite

Post by Rahul Shukla »

Pakistani police gather beside the five-star Pearl Continental hotel after a bomb blast in Peshawar.
Source: LA Times
p_saggu
BRFite

Post by p_saggu »

Wow! This is what the marriot would have looked at if that truck had got inside the gates.
This is what the mumbai terrorists wanted the Taj to look like.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

Only 5 dead in THAT? Was the hotel empty at that time?

This looks like Beirut 1982, and the Pakis are doing it without help from the F-16s.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

narayanan wrote:Only 5 dead in THAT? Was the hotel empty at that time?

This looks like Beirut 1982, and the Pakis are doing it without help from the F-16s.
Exactly my thoughts. :eek:
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

Toll rises to 11.

Peshawar blast death toll rises to 11
According to Geo News correspondent, miscreants drove two vehicles towards the hotel; however, they found barricades there, they turned to firing and moved to the mosque where the blast occurred.

According to sources, the extremists attacked the check post of the security guards.
I wonder why the newspapers in TSP make this kind of distinction for their domestic terrorists. BTW Marriam-Webster dictionary synonym of ( http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/miscreant[2] ) miscreant is Infidel i.e. the person who did this in an Infidel so will he get his 72 raisins?
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

ramana wrote:Good thinking AbhishekD.
One critical gain can be an understanding on the Kashmir issue to make LOC and International Border.
If you read the interview with Mushy he says that India did offer that
I was once not too long ago told by a retired IFS officer that every Indian PM has sent that message to the pakis. It seems that at the govt. level, India finds it to be an acceptable solution, especially when the other option is a possibly nuclear war for that piece of land.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

BijuShet, I think the word is used in its second meaning "Villainous, Depraved." But its interesting that TSP uses it most likely in its first meaning to infer they are infidels or heretics. Someone can use piskology on the word usage by TSP leadership in this context.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

The MMS govt's biggest task is to keep the US engaged while the TSP races down hill.
That is true.
The US seems to be fully determined to make India give up Kashmir.
Is that "US" or "Obama"?
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

To add to the above, Haqiqi means "original" in Urdu and does not refer to any guy. The fortunes of MQM-A and MQM-H goes around in cycles. MQM-H has never won anything of note in any election, MQM-A seems to do better in the sense that they have the guns as well as the votes.

So whenever MQM-A does well in the election and the powers that be in the center need their help to weaken the other party (for example, Nawaz extended a olive branch to MQM-A in 97-98 to counter PPP in Sind) the first demand of MQM-A is to crack down on MQM-H.

In 2002, if I recall correctly, MQM-A demanded its pound of flesh for supporting PML-Q. If I recall correctly, in 2003 the headquarters of MQM-H was razed under the Chaudris' direction and nobody knows who (officially) ordered the demolition. In 2003 Amir Khan got thrown in jail and Afaq some time around that period as well.

Now an interesting thing is happening. Our Cricketeer turned politician is making MQM-H factions smoke the peace pipe with each other (said to be one of the reasons he is "banned" from Karachi) and mysteriously all cases against Afaq and Amir Khan are being dropped/dismissed. Equally mysteriously their lawyers got shot and killed some time back, so dont know who is arguing their cases these days.

Also of interest is to note that MQM-H and Sipah-e-Sahaba are best of friends with each other.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

RamaY wrote:
archan wrote:I was once not too long ago told by a retired IFS officer that every Indian PM has sent that message to the pakis. It seems that at the govt. level, India finds it to be an acceptable solution, especially when the other option is a possibly nuclear war for that piece of land.
Please do not take me wrong Archan-ji! That is pure Nehruvian logic you had there.

He too thought a war was too costly an option for the piece of land where not even grass could grow. Later, that very piece of barren land was used by PRC and TSP to move nuclear maal. Now POA/NA became “that piece of land”. We do not know its strategic value in next 20-50 years. Tomorrow it will be another “piece of land”.

What right India has to acquire nuclear weapons if it cannot accept the consequences? Now you see why some nations became super-powers and others didn’t?
Not my thinking sir! don't shoot the messenger. I am for a big showdown but I know better to keep my trap shut lest I be branded one of "those" elite who live outside Bharat and want to push war on Bhartiya people. :mrgreen:
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

archan wrote: Not my thinking sir! don't shoot the messenger. I am for a big showdown but I know better to keep my trap shut lest I be branded one of "those" elite who live outside Bharat and want to push war on Bhartiya people. :mrgreen:
:mrgreen:

I always wanted to become an elite inspite of my humble origins, and my dreams came true.

Now I am a hindootvavadi-elite or should I say elite-hindutvavadi.
Guddu
BRFite

Post by Guddu »

[quote="BijuShet"]Toll rises to 11.

Peshawar blast death toll rises to 11
[quote]
Here's a snippet from Strat...
The amount of explosives used in this attack was only a fraction of the amount used in the Marriott attack. The crater in the Marriott attack was over 30 feet deep and some 60 feet across, compared to an initial report of a crater that is six feet deep and 15 feet across at the Pearl Continental. Since the attack team was able to defeat security at the perimeter, a device the size of the one used in the Marriott bombing would have been structurally devastating to the Pearl Continental and far more deadly. Incidentally, the Pearl Continental in Peshawar has significantly more standoff distance than the Marriott in Islamabad. That means that had security measures operated as designed (as they did in the Marriott case), the damage to the hotel would have been minimal and the death toll far lower.

The time of the attack is also of interest. Attacking a hotel in the evening hours means that there is going to be the maximum number of people located in the building. Not only will most of the guests be back from their daytime meetings, but outsiders often come to hotels for social functions in the evening. If the attackers had waited until the middle of the night to attack, all the people socializing at the hotel in the evening would have left. The Marriott bombing also occurred in the evening, at about 8 p.m.

In many past hotel attacks, in locations ranging from Jakarta to Taba,VBIEDs have been driven into the front entrance of the hotel. This was not the case at the Pearl Continental, and in fact, the driver actually drove past the front entrance to get to the spot where the VBIED was detonated. From the location of the seat of the blast, which was in the parking lot on the west side of the building behind the front wing, it appears that either the driver of the VBIED did not intend to target the front entrance of the hotel, or he somehow could not negotiate the right-hand turn required to bring the vehicle in front of that entrance. (Remember that in Pakistan, like in the United Kingdom, vehicles obey left-hand traffic and therefore the truck would have entered using the left-hand entrance and lane of the driveway. This would have required a 90-degree right turn to get to the front entrance.) However, the truck that was reportedly used in the Pearl Continental, a Hyundai Shehzore, is fairly maneuverable compared to the large truck used in the Marriott attack, and the Shehzore probably could have negotiated such a turn.

This raises the possibility that the location of the blast could have been intentional and that there was someone staying in a room on that side of that wing that the attackers wanted to target. Remember that many corporate and government overseas travelers are advised to avoid taking rooms at the front of the hotel, precisely because of past VBIED attacks. This could also have been an effort to counter that advice and go after more international travelers. It will be interesting to watch the victims to see if there was such a high-value target among those killed. Another possibility is that the attacker just took the path of least resistance and simply intended to detonate the vehicle as soon as he got in close proximity to the building with no specific part of the building in mind. There are also unconfirmed reports that the truck dropped off a team of gunmen who attempted to storm the building, but it is unclear how successful they were if these reports are true.

Pakistani police gather at the Pearl Continental Hotel in Peshawar after a bomb blast June 9Another factor to consider is that the attackers were able to assemble the VBIED and transport it to the attack site (which is within a high security zone and is located next to residence of the commander of Peshawar-based XIth Corps — the Pakistani Army unit playing the lead role in the region) without being detected despite heightened security in Pakistan and authorities specifically on the lookout for VBIEDs. This indicates that either the group did an outstanding job of surveillance and knew precisely where the government checkpoints were going to be between their safe house and the target — or they had an inside source that provided that information to them. There are also reports that the attackers were disguised as deliverymen, which may also have helped them move through the city.

In the final analysis, either the attackers did a better job planning and executing this attack than they have other recent attacks, the security forces assigned to the hotel failed miserably, or the attackers had some degree inside assistance — or a combination of the three. In any event, the VBIED got to the target and past the security measures designed specifically to thwart such attacks.
enqyoob
BRF Oldie

Post by enqyoob »

a device the size of the one used in the Marriott bombing would have been structurally devastating to the Pearl Continental and far more deadly.

What's he talking about? That Peshawar hotel is completely gutted. Would you stay in the parts that are still standing? I bet every wall and beam is cracked. The next breeze will knock it all down. A Magnitude 3 earthquake will be the end.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Because of Superior TS Paki designs the beams of the hotel are now loaded with (H) oops stress and have taken the shape
of Kremlin onion domes :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

narayanan wrote:Only 5 dead in THAT? Was the hotel empty at that time?

I am sorry to hear that only 5 are dead.

But recall that if it was not for the F-16s - India might have done that. Pakis do not need Indian help. Now they can hold India at bay with one hand and jerk off with the other.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

RamaY wrote:
Now I am a hindootvavadi-elite or should I say elite-hindutvavadi.
Congratulations
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

looking at the damage, amirkhan will need to pull it all down and build a new fortress to manage the neo-caliphate ... more like a vietnam era "firebase" well equipped with howitzers and a squadron of A-10s on call to repel 'vietcong' attacks :roll:

http://tinyurl.com/lhsy4r

http://tinyurl.com/lo7lur

van was said to have 500kg. not much of flames unlike marriott. maybe the hotel didnt
have much LPG and wood within or the explosive mix was different.

also the number of guests must have been small compared to mariott as peshawar is
way off the tourist circuit these days. only 'essential UN personnel', CIA/FBI types and rich local landlords would be there.
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

Recall the recent travel advisory to TSP.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

Now Uncle can save money allocated for demolition. Dus Numbri wont get his cut .
John Snow
BRFite

Post by John Snow »

In India's region US is part of problem not part of a solution.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

AbhishekD wrote: Pakistan has a huge armed force that maybe able to defeat Taliban in few battlefield,
but if it cannot create conditions conducive for a better living for those tribals then this problem is not going to go away.
Are you serious or just trying to turn the western advice to India on its head.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

The US has been saved the cost of demoliytion of the building,if it wanted to build a new one,but if it wanted to occupy the hotel as it was,tough luck.The Taliban beat you to it! This indicates that the Taliban have access to substantial intelligence information from within the Paki intel apparatus,where the pro-terror ISI cadre keeps them informed of major matters involving the US,its strategy and target spotting.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

AbhishekD wrote:I think the present MMS government maybe implementing what I will call a "Containment Policy". By Containment policy I mean that dont stir up anything but contain the problem to its minimum.

They just want to ensure that there is no more terrorist incident against India except for the odd one that the Indian people will be willing to forgive. Unless Pakistan really rachets up the terrorist pressure on India to the next level nothing is going to happen.
AbhishekD,
dont get me wrong and i am not shooting the messenger.

We speak of a "Containment Policy" and "containing the problem to its minimum".
Do we define this minimum to a certain number or strength of attacks ?
Also should our "Containment Policy" be on the basis of our strength or dimwitude?

Let me share an incident . In one of the blasts, one of our acquaintances was killed. After searching, only the head was found. The simple person got killed, not because we are following a Chankian policy, but because any number of deaths are OK with the current establishment to maintain a "status quo". The youngest of his three kids, barely out of school, had the question : "Till when will we keep facing this " ?

In the last decade , more than a thousand Indians have been similarly killed directly due to this non-leftist terrorism emanating from our western border. I am not counting the attacks of the 90s in Kashmir or 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts ( which have been accounted for as "reactionary" blasts by self appointed Rediff columnists).

Looking at the events of only the past few years, it appears that our "Containment Policy" will only result in deaths of more Indians, which will anyway be labelled as the "odd terror attack" to keep the XYZ process in place.

We talk of economy, US , big picture etc and call no action as Chankian (in)action. In the last 6 years, we had at least 24 major attacks.

Has our Chankian (in)action derived us any benefits?

X post from "Mumbai Terrorist Attack" thread:

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/postin ... 1&p=680037
Does there exist a political will to take on the actions and face whatever be the consequences?

They attacked us in Delhi with the 29 October 2005 Delhi bombings killing 62 in a "major attack".
We "reminded them of their promise to fight terrorism."
At the same time we were discussing opening the border to help relief efforts for victims of earthquake

They attacked us with 2006 Varanasi bombings in march killing 28 in a "major" attack.
We "condemned the blasts and appealed for calm."
Just days later, we made an outpouring of love by asking for a "treaty of peace and friendship with Pakistan. "

They attacked us with the 2006 Doda massacre and killed 22, a "major" attack.
We "condemned" the attack.
We said that this was to destabilise our CBMs, peace initiative with hurrirats and resumed our crass " love over conflicts " talks on May 2, three days after the attack. On 25 May, in Srinagar over tea with hurrirats and others we said " militants are misguided, we will welcome them if they give up arms. "

Then they attacked us with 11 July 2006 Mumbai train bombings killing 209, a "major" attack ( 3rd anniv. coming soon with case in doldrums)
We handed themRs. 100 crores as gift for earthquake relief on the same day. Didnt we know that it would be used to strengthen the terror network?
We again "suspended" peace talks.
Later, we said that "ending the three-year long peace process would signal a victory for the separatist terrorists" and in Cuba, "we had a joint statement announcing that the we and pakis would resume formal peace negotiations and set up a joint agency to tackle terrorism."

Then they followed up with 25 August 2007 Hyderabad bombings killing 42 in a "major" attack.
We "condemned the Hyderabad blasts and expressed shock over the loss of innocent lives"
A month had passed, we resumed our CBMs for the sake of piss process.

Then we had the 2007 Uttar Pradesh bombings on November 23 which killed 20 people. We "condemned serial blasts" and moved on.

2008 was an open season with 13 May, 2008 Jaipur bombings in which 63 were Killed.
We carried a "high level" meeting to carry the dialogue further.

Then,26 July, 2008 Ahmedabadbombings killed 50 and we moved on. Finally we had Mumbai Terrorist Attacks. Even after an attack of this scale, we say " Next time you do this, you will pay for it". Is this a joke?

Each and every time, the pakis raise the bar , we lower our red line, condemn the attack, wait for some time, restart CBMs and piss process. Due to this, we are the laughing stock of the world. Some times we say that the time is not appropriate for any action. Everytime, we also pass no action as Chankian inaction.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Taliban? US puppets....?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... .ece[quote]
World Agenda: the Taleban? They're puppets of the US[/quote]
Last edited by Gerard on 10 Jun 2009 16:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: copyright
AbhishekD
BRFite -Trainee

Post by AbhishekD »

Sanku wrote:
Pakistan has a huge armed force that maybe able to defeat Taliban in few battlefield,
but if it cannot create conditions conducive for a better living for those tribals then this problem is not going to go away.

Are you serious or just trying to turn the western advice to India on its head.
Certainly I am serious. What do you suggest is the solution. Butchering those people. The only solution is political and a creation of living condition that makes their life better.
Raja
BRFite

Post by Raja »

India provides safe haven for Taliban? You have lost your marbles.

Way to use an example of Iran which has become an international pariah. What is the price that it pays for its policies? Is Israel "broken" from it? Good thing that you will never be anywhere near a seat of power.