Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Re: Terrorist Islamic Republic of Pakistan - May 16 2009

Post by Prem »

http://www.dawn.com/wps/wcm/connect/daw ... kistan-569

Indian stakes in Pakistan By Ayesha Siddiqa
( Stake is the way to kill Paki Vampire)

At the moment, India has no stakes in solving the issue to Pakistan’s advantage especially when it is investing in its own political system to come up with a solution for the Indian state and the Kashmiri population. For instance, while some groups challenged the national elections and the turnout was low, there were others that did go and vote. The Indian state could always argue that there was a low turnout in other parts of the country as well. Eventually, participation in elections could lead to a dialogue between the centre and the territory under India’s control.

Part of the reason why India refuses to be sympathetic to Pakistan’s position is that it has no major stakes here. Transit trade and bilateral trade is one of the formulas for starting a more constructive relationship between the two countries. Allowing Indian investment to come into Pakistan for Pakistan’s benefit was reportedly recognised in a State Bank report which never saw the light of day. It was argued that opening up commercial links could help Pakistan capture some of the NRI investment coming into India.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

SSridhar wrote:Sufi Mohammed arrested
What did he do wrong? His TNSM made a deal with the NWFP Government and this deal was sanctioned by the National Assembly. Now if the deal went sour, or the Pakistani Govt. made some unfounded assumptions during the course, what can Sufi Mohammed do? The TNSM did not pick up weapons against the Government of Pakistan.

This is a gross violation of Sufi Mohammed's rights. If anybody should be arrested, prosecuted and sentenced, then it Hafiz Saeed, a man proscribed by the UN, not Sufi Mohammed.

Pakistan should be ashamed of itself. First they make deals with other parties, and then they arrest them. This is a great conspiracy against the Great Pakhtun Nation, and Islam. Pakistan has sold itself to Amreeka!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Changing the way we have been by Ayaz Amir: Jang
With India for the foreseeable future we will have an uneasy relationship. It is not easy living with an elephant as your neighbour. But the old notion of India being enemy number one has been overtaken by events. In fact both countries need to grow up. There is no sense any more in keeping our strike formations pointed at each other. India's tanks are only good for Pakistan. Our tanks are only good for India. There's no sense in this deployment. Both countries have nuclear weapons. What more do we need for deterrence?
Awright! Lemme get my breath for a secon'!
In the new Pakistan that we should be creating there should be no room for armed warriors dedicated to the liberation of Kashmir by force. Thus Lashkar-e-Taiba and Hafiz Muhammad Saeed may have had their uses, or relevance, once upon a time but not any more. Their time is past.

The 'jihadi' mindset cannot be divided into separate categories. It is of a piece. 'Jihad' can't be good for one border and bad for another. It doesn't happen that way. It was the genie of 'jihad' which mutated into the Taliban. If we are now up in arms against the Taliban, we will have to bid a final farewell to the original genie.
My spots were just make-up! They ain't for real!
All this needn't remain a utopian ideal. Just as steel is forged in the heat of fire, in the stress and storm of the present conflict against the Taliban our best minds should be thinking about how best to rethink the direction of Pakistan.
Now all we need to do is moult!
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Militant arrested in Delhi linked to JuD chief: Police: Indian Express
New Delhi:

Arrested Pakistani national Mohd Omar Madni is a top aide of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed, a prime accused in the Mumbai attacks case, police said on Friday.

Madni was arrested on Thursday evening by Delhi Police's elite anti-terror wing Special Cell from near the Qutab Minar in South Delhi.

"He is a close aide of Hafiz Saeed and has been operating from Nepal from the past one year," a senior Delhi police official said.

Madni has been a close aide of Saeed since 2000 and was involved in "talent scouting" for the Lashkar-e-Toiba outfit, he said.

The UN Security Council had banned JuD, declaring it a front for LeT.

Saeed, a prime accused in the Mumbai attacks case, was set free on Wednesday by the Lahore High Court after a six-month detention.

Madni sent many youth to terror training camps in PoK besides using the porous Indo-Nepal border to send his people, the official said.

Police have recovered a Nepali citizenship card from Madni, who entered Bihar from Nepal, but they believe he is a Pakistani national. A railway ticket from Aligarh to Delhi was also found in his possession.

Police also recovered USD 8,000, Rs 15,000 (Indian) and Rs 4,000 (Nepalese) besides an identity card and driving license from him.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

RajeshA wrote:Changing the way we have been by Ayaz Amir: Jang
It was the genie of 'jihad' which mutated into the Taliban.
That's not correct Mr. Ayaz Amir. The genie of jihad were the mujahideen but the Taliban were created by Pakistan to get a compliant power centre in Aghanistan to gain the 'strategic depth' which in turn would sustain Pakistan against India. The Taliban were therefore the genie of Pakistan and Pakistan alone.
aryank
BRFite -Trainee

Post by aryank »

Flash News

Dawood's brother Anees Ibrahim shot dead in Karachi.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Times Now says Baloch's were involved!!!
:eek: :shock:
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

Hmm so Anees is gone. Came across this accidentally:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 022445.cms. Never knew actress Nagma was keep of Anees.
One thing is clear all these gangsters are hiding (still) in Na-Pakistan
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Anees shot dead."When thieves fall out...."
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

Sanku wrote:Times Now says Baloch's were involved!!!
Oh , how I wish our SF were involved. :-o
kittoo
BRFite

Post by kittoo »

Nihat wrote:
Maybe they were indeed involved or they helped the Baloochs (I hope what I'm saying is true). Why would baloochs kill a gangster?

Edit: Ok the Zee news reports says rival gang. Damn!
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted.

Trust our Ministry of External Affairs is keeping a close watch on the reports of France and Pakistan talking about a civilian nuclear agreement.

The French are a very mercenary lot.

The prospect of profit, even from as un-creditworthy not to mention nuclear proliferation inclined a country as Pakistan, can cause them to rapidly forget good sense:
Pakistan backs Obama’s Middle East approach

FO says Kashmir settlement absolutely essential for lasting peace; talks with France on civilian nuclear agreement next month

Friday, June 05, 2009
By Mariana Baabar

…….................... He {spokesman at Pakistan’s Foreign Office} announced that July will see the first round of negotiations between Pakistan and France following a meeting between the Pakistani and French presidents in Paris. When asked whether France is serious about a civilian nuclear deal with Pakistan, the spokesman said, “Our two countries have agreed to embark on a process of negotiating a Framework Agreement. We expect that the first round of these negotiations will take place in Islamabad in July. We hope to conclude this Framework Agreement and make available for signatures by the end of this year. The president of France is expected to visit Pakistan by the end of this year and we hope that during his visit this agreement will be signed.”……….....................

The News
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

One person goes blind every five seconds in Pakistan

Madrassa maths at display. If every five seconds a person goes blind, a day with 86,400 seconds, a total of 17,280 people should go blind and so, each year around 6.3 million people should go blind. With a population of 170 million, Pakistan should go blind completely in 27 years.:P
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Nihat wrote:Oh , how I wish our SF were involved. :-o
How I wish D had gone.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

SSridhar wrote:
Nihat wrote:Oh , how I wish our SF were involved. :-o
How I wish D had gone.
If we get the news that D is gone in next few days, then we can conclude that Indians are directly/indirectly involved.
AjayKK
BRFite

Post by AjayKK »

According to unconfirmed reports, wanted gangster Dawood Ibrahim's brother Anees Ibrahim has allegedly been shot dead by unidentified assailants in Karachi late last night. Elder brother Dawood was also injured in the shootout, however, the degree of injuries are yet to be confirmed.

Sources revealed that the assassination bid is being attributed to members of the Bhatti faction, a local gang that has an interest in controlling the drug trade in Pakistan. It is believed that the Bhatti gang is associated with Dawood's arch rival the Chota Rajan gang.

Link
In older news.....

'Dawood eyeing criminal network in Bangladesh'
Dhaka: Dawood Ibrahim, who is wanted by the Indian government and Interpol, is attempting to expand his criminal network into Bangladesh, a top police officer said here Saturday.

Link
Is B'desh up there?
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Visiting Pakistani female legislators dispel stereotypes :eek:
Memon brushes aside the perception that women parliamentarians are just there to project a positive image of Pakistan.
“The situation is quite contrary to the general perception about us. ... I have the most adjournment motions, resolutions, bills to my name. ... I am one of the four parliamentarians who got their bills passed in the entire first year of the parliament,” she said.
jerry
BRFite -Trainee

Post by jerry »

Nihat wrote:
The key guy to be finished i think is Chota Shakeel.
I think that will reduce the influence of the gang in india by at least half, a downward spiral theron.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

No talking until TSP acts against terror: Krishna
"We will not unless they (Pakistan) take concrete measures to prevent terrorist attacks emanating from the soil of Pakistan aimed against India," external affairs minister S M Krishna told reporters when asked whether there was any move to resume dialogue with Islamabad.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Pookistan is a toilet
Image of a country

The image of any country is depicted the very moment any foreign dignitary or visitor comes out of its airports. In the case of Pakistan, the first sight one gets to see -- and I am talking of the Islamabad airport -- is of a string of men squatting by the roadside and doing the needful.

Dr Irfan Zafar

Islamabad
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Who wears short shorts?
Remember this song? Apparently no one in Pookistan.
No shorts, please!

I am a regular walker at Race Course Park. Yesterday I went to the park like always and was astonished by what happened -- and I think I should share it with your readers, especially in the background and context of what is going on in Swat.

I was stopped at the gate by an army soldier who regularly mans the gate. On asking why I had been stopped, I was told by the soldier that since I was wearing shorts I couldn't enter. I politely explained to him shorts were part of sports attire and also convenient and practical given the hot summer. To this, the soldier told me that wearing shorts was 'against Sharia'.

I asked him who told him this and he said 'colonel sahib'. Something for our military commander to ponder about?

A regular walker

Rawalpindi
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

Side-effect
October 2005 earthquake...The official death toll neared 80,000....Around 17 to 20 thousand children lost their lives.

...that this only happened because the people in the affected areas had gone astray from the right path and perhaps deserved a divine punishment. I asked them why the innocent school-going children were punished and why the corrupt-to-the-core elite in this country was saved from the wrath of God. The younger woman turned back and said to me, without thinking for a moment, "Bhai, our maulvi sahib says that the children who died were actually saved from becoming like their parents and elders. While the old were punished, the children will go straight to heaven." I was numbed.
...when a front-page story of a worthy national daily quoted Mr A K Dogar, the counsel of a religious outfit. While saying that the members of the party he is advocating for were good Muslims who followed the example of the Prophet of Islam (PBUH), he contended that victims of the Islamabad Marriott Hotel blast were bad Muslims who consumed alcohol.
Land of the pure... :roll:
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Three killed in encounter in J&K
Jammu: Three militants including a Pakistan national, were killed in an encounter with security forces in Mandrala area of Doda on Friday morning.

At least three militants were killed in a gunfight which began on Friday morning in Mandrala area and is still continuing as efforts are being made to fish out three more terrorists holed in the area.

According to the sources, security forces have covered the forest area of Himachal-Doda border to look for more suspected hidden terrorists.
anupmisra
BRF Oldie

Post by anupmisra »

arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Todays demonstration of the IEDology of Pakistan, an IED Mubarak in a Mosque:

Pakistan mosque attack 'kills 30'
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

AoA Time for IED Mubarak...

Bomb kills 40 in Pakistan mosque as Holbrooke visits
ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - A bomb blast killed around 40 worshippers attending Friday prayers at a mosque in a remote area of northwest Pakistan, a senior official in the area told Reuters.

"The death toll is 40. We have no idea as yet how many have been wounded," said Atif-ur-Rehman, the senior-most government administrator in the Upper Dir district of North West Frontier Province.

Earlier on Friday, police arrested suicide bombers in Islamabad and nearby Rawalpindi, Pakistan's interior minister said, as U.S. special envoy Richard Holbrooke consulted the country's leaders on what needs to be done once the army wipes out the Taliban in Swat valley.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Philip wrote:Anees shot dead."When thieves fall out...."
Im 400% certain of a SDRE hand in this...
Finally the wheels seem to be moving. Kudos to the nameless Kaccha agents who caused this (through Paki gangs) if they are indeed involved.

Either way, i don't care as long as the pigs die.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

Hundreds of marble factories closed in Malakand: Dawn

After an uptick in the sport of downhill skiing in the region, the demand for marbles has slumped dramatically. :rotfl:
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

thanks. last night i was scanning to reactions to BO's Cairo speech. admitedly limited sample, but what would be assorted intelligencia from the "muslim world". barring one elderly person not one person was willing to give an inch. from those reactions, it occurred to me that the center of the "muslim world" is aggressive and part of PI, in contrast to 'centers' of other 'worlds' who have all sorts of pulls.
RajeshA wrote:
Political Islam is a problem. The bigger problem in my opinion is the division of the kufr in tackling the smaller problem.

This division in the kufr will remain as long as Islam can play one against the other. At the moment Islam has been extremely successful.

- They have played on to the human rights, religious liberties, liberal immigration policies, colonial sins of the West to get a firm foothold in the day-to-day politics of the West. With that they also have got a certain influence on the foreign policy of the West. George W. Bush and Tony Blair were the last crusaders. Aprés les, la deluge!

- In India you have the sekoolar vote bank politics, which has paralyzed the whole polity of the nation.

- In Pakistan, they have the bow-tie brigade (borrowing Philip's terminology) fooling the powers-that-be in Washington, and pump greenbacks and military hardware from them.

- ISI has learned to play the double game. Increase the danger to the west through terrorist infrastructure, and then ask for hafta by helping them out with some little information on the dangerous.

- Obama is moving away from American support to Israel to licking the shoes of the Saudis, Iranians, Hamas and everybody else.

Everybody is being forced to look out for himself. Every major player, except may be China and Russia, have become somehow compromised in their security to the Islamists. Now the only way to break this duality is to bring out these conflict of interests and behavior into the open. At the moment, where it is right now, that is all hush-hush, all duplicity, it is harming India a great deal. Those who may want want to be India's friends, and whose strategic interests may even coincide with ours are not being allowed to do that out of real-politik, out of concern from terrorism against their own citizens, against concern for their own soldiers being held hostage in far away Afghanistan.

This Chakravyu needs to be broken. The only way to break this Chakravyu is to crush ISI over the heads of its customers and financiers, the Americans, the British, the Europeans, and others. In my view, it doesn't matter if for that one needs to take the help of the larger devil, Islamists, who are as extreme as its gets.

The Lahore bombings are pointers for us, as to who can be of help.

For the time being American and Indian interests are diametrically opposite. Only when Pakistan crumbles and America and rest of the West realizes that there is no more ISI and TSPA to hang on to, will there be any real progress in the 'Global War on Terror'.

At the moment the monster has many faces and cannot be fought, which makes it worse than a Hydra-headed monster. Only when the whole Kufr see the same face, will they be united to fight the beast.
shaardula
BRF Oldie

Post by shaardula »

RajeshA wrote:Militant arrested in Delhi linked to JuD chief: Police: Indian Express
New Delhi:

Arrested Pakistani national Mohd Omar Madni is a top aide of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Mohd Saeed, a prime accused in the Mumbai attacks case, police said on Friday.
how come there are so many madni, madanis in news and positions of prominence in india? is the name madani like a kapoor?
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

raghunath wrote:One person goes blind every five seconds in Pakistan

Madrassa maths at display. If every five seconds a person goes blind, a day with 86,400 seconds, a total of 17,280 people should go blind and so, each year around 6.3 million people should go blind. With a population of 170 million, Pakistan should go blind completely in 27 years.:P
You are forgetting to factor in record birth rates in the land of the pure where more and more purity is produced perhaps 2 or 3 every second... :rotfl: :rotfl:
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

SSridhar wrote: My take is that the Al Qaeda/ISI/Taliban/Punjabi Jihadis/Sunni Sectarian Outfits, all these five different groups, have coalesced or are coalescing into one in Fak Ap area. While they are the military wing, their political voice is the Islamist parties like JUI, JI, PTI and PML-N. They all perceive the Americans as the single greatest threat. They will fall apart later but for now, they are all in it together.

As for TSPA (which includes ISID), we should not think of it as a monolith entity. Different parts of it will appear to do things differently and against what we commonly associate TSPA with in this forum. But, there is no contradiction there. It is a grand strategy.
Saar, there is serious fighting going on in the Land of the Pure, so they are some way away from coalescing. It is good to understand what the fault-lines are, and the Amreeki role vis-a-vis these fault-lines.

For India, the key concern is the links that the LeT may have with Al Qaeda, and possible infiltration of Al Qaeda by Western intelligence. The LeT has collaborated with the ISI in the past, and may again do so in the future. But as regards Mumbai 26/11, the indications are that it was an LeT-Al Qaeda collaboration, rather than an LeT-ISI collaboration (see http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 07#p680607).

The West was thoroughly complicit in the Pakis getting their nukes. If these Paki nukes have become an international headache (rather than merely an Indian headache), then the West must take the leading role in getting rid of them. Trying to engineer an Indo-Pak conflict through the likes of the LeT may look like a cheap way out for the West. So that is something to guard against.
Last edited by Pranav on 05 Jun 2009 18:34, edited 1 time in total.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Begging, begging and more begging. US is willing to ob;ige

Now, Gilani asks US to waive all Pakistani debts
Prime Minister Syed Yusuf Raza Gilanion Friday called upon the United States to write off its debt to help Pakistan overcome the present economic difficulties accentuated by the war on terror, growing crisis of IDPs and the negative impact of global recession.

The Prime Minister was talking to Richard Holbrooke, US Special Envoy for Pakistan and Afghanistan who called on him at PM House.

The Prime Minister urged the US administration to initiate action through the US Congress for substantial increase in aid for Pakistan as well as fast track much-needed military supplies for Pakistan's campaign against terrorism.

Ambassador Richard Holbrooke responded that the US would look into Pakistan's request for the debt write-off {I am pretty sure this will happen} and measures were being taken to accelerate the pace of military supplies to Pakistan.
It is very obvious now. The supposed fight against the Taliban, the shelling of villages to create an exodus, the claim of hundreds of Taliban being killed are all with the strategy of getting out of the economic mess, getting the arms and ammunition and waiting for another opportune time to attack India.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

I am not knowledgeable about whom Pakistan owes what, but if the debt is to IMF, World Bank, ADB, etc., India being a member may also have a word to say on that. If the debt is to private banks, then I wonder whether US has any leverage there, or should interfere at all.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Pranav wrote:. . .there is serious fighting going on in the Land of the Pure, so they are some way away from coalescing. . . .
The fighting may appear serious but it is still fake.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

The war in Swat, Buner, Dir, etc. seems to be against TTP, a faction of Taliban which has acted often outside the control if not wholly outside the influence of ISI. Most other Taliban factions happen to be under the joint ownership of ISI and Al Qaida. TTP is mostly aligned with foreign fighters only and grew without too much help from ISI.

So TSPA is simply trying to destroy some of those elements which acted autonomous of their control. ISI is willing, indeed happy about the joint ownership with Al Qaida, but suspicious of those over whom they have no control. Also TTP was mostly active in Pakistan with only a logistical support function for the Afghan Taliban or Al Qaida in Afghanistan. All those Taliban factions which were active in Afghanistan would remain unharmed, because they have the potential of a getting the role of the 'good Taliban' for a day, the day when USA decides to leave Afghanistan.

Until then only the Taliban which did the least harm to ISAF/NATO/US in Afghanistan is getting pounded, and Americans are paying for this idiocy.