BR Meet - Bangalore

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

BR Meet - Bangalore

Post by rohitvats »

It has been some time since we had the last BR Meet in Bangalore. A lot has happened since and there is enough material that is waiting to be dissected by see-near maulanas (along with Chikken Tikka). The nanha-mujahids in audience can listen and learn about the IED avoiding techniques and how to survive the bredators.

The plan of action is this:

a) Venue - A hotel/club with hall where the BRFites can meet and interact. I'm personally not in favor of meeting in a restaurant or pub as it doesn't allow for easy interaction.

b) Food - Ah!!! the logistics part..Arrangement for starters, buffet lunch/dinner and drinks. I have some basic stuff in mind here...couple of veg and non-veg dishes.

Now the questions that need to answered are these:

a) Number of BRFites planning to attend the meeting
b) Timing of meeting - Lunch or Dinner

No veneu or location has been considered so far. Though, I'll be having a look at couple of options this weekend. The same, along with quality and variety of food and location is contingent on the number of people attending. And of course, the money baby...which I don't think will be a problem. IIRC, last time we contributed INR 700/- per head.

Today is 13th April...I propose the date of 1st or 2nd May for the meet.

The thread will run till next Tuesday to get the attendee list in place. Post that will work out the location and finances. Any volunteers for help and assistance are more than welcome...
Anantz
BRFite -Trainee

Re: BR Meet - Bangalore

Post by Anantz »

I am in! Please count me in and just lemme know if I can be of any help!

Cheers,
Anant
brat
BRFite

Post by brat »

I am in too, how can i help :)
jimmy_moh
BRFite

Post by jimmy_moh »

count me in guys...
manoba
BRFite

Post by manoba »

Count me in too. How can I help?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

I was just going to propose one, so since you proposed it Rohit, you need to make the arrangements. I'm in (like Flynn) :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I liked the last meet although some unusual events took place converting my proposed alcoholic jingogiri to sober daaktari :mrgreen:

I'm in. Rohitvats is always a person you can sit and listen to forever..the last half of his moniker means he has vats full of info in his head.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Interested in attending. tentative, based on SHQ approval.
KrishG
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by KrishG »

Will try to make it this time around !
Just make sure it is a place accessible.

Where are vina, prasad and bala ?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Rohit Sir, I had just sent an email regarding that.. I am in.. How can I help???
Bob V
BRFite

Post by Bob V »

count me in too.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Guys, thank you for your offer for help...let me do some spade work till next weekend and then, if required, will call for help..the final venue is contingent on the numbers of people..so, lets see, how many vote in till coming tuesday...

In the meanwhile, please drop in your confirmation to this id - rohitvats29atgmaildotcom (applies to those who've already confirmed)

Thanx.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

Count me in as well

Anshul had done a great job in fixing the venue last time + grub+LCD projector - thanks again

Phil was kind enough to fill in for Simon's no-show and present the booty from their recent airbase visits - have the original CD if anyone is interested and missed seeing as was kedar's amazing slide show

Shiv - hopefully you will have a first aid kit plus your surgeon's scalpel this time - after a few rounds may come in handy and u can charge your usual"fee"
Last edited by krishna_j on 15 Apr 2010 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

I had attended the BR Meet in Bangalore during AE 2090. I landed up with a mild bout of loose motions. Maybe I ate a bit much. But I suggest that you do not keep the same place

K
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Kersi D wrote:I had attended the BR Meet in Bangalore during AE 2090.
K
No in fact that place has not yet been built. Don't use your time machine next time :P
Skanda
BRFite

Post by Skanda »

shiv wrote:
Kersi D wrote:I had attended the BR Meet in Bangalore during AE 2090.
K
No in fact that place has not yet been built. Don't use your time machine next time :P
That was too much :rotfl: :rotfl: . Count me in as well.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

krishna_j wrote:w and present the booty from their recent airbase visits - have the original CD if anyone is interested and missed seeing as was kedar's amazing slide show
I'll take that offer krishna sir...
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

Would drop in, based on the final date and with SHQ giving approval in triplicate. Would drop in an e-mail by EOD.
chiru
BRFite

Post by chiru »

krishna_j wrote: present the booty from their recent airbase visits - have the original CD if anyone is interested and missed seeing as was kedar's amazing slide show
krishna saar i am interested too

for the last BR meet i was not a BRFite yet but had planned to come with nitesh but was unable to do so :evil: ,this time wont miss the chance
Swaroop
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Swaroop »

I would like to be there :) Will drop in mail to Rohit
Amit J
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Amit J »

I might join in - but will confirm post dates finalisation

Cheers
prabhug
BRFite

Post by prabhug »

Hi
i was there last meet.I would be this time as well.Please post the date .

Cheers

Prabhu.G
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sachin wrote:Would drop in, based on the final date and with SHQ giving approval in triplicate. Would drop in an e-mail by EOD.
Arre Sachin bring your SHQ along. I have not met her.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Marten

Don't forget to plant the IED I gave you under Shiv's chair
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Skanda wrote:
shiv wrote:I had attended the BR Meet in Bangalore during AE 2090.

That was too much :rotfl: :rotfl: . Count me in as well.
VERY FUNNY :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

I would like to come but might be traveling - when the dates are confirmed, I can confirm. I hope that is fine?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Make GD and vina expose their cover by attending and we just might make the trip from Bay Area to BLR :mrgreen:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Raja Bose wrote:Make GD and vina expose their cover by attending and we just might make the trip from Bay Area to BLR :mrgreen:
GD was there in 2007 BR Meet - still remember his assault on the prawns and other non-veg starters in BBQ Nation*...the attendant had a horrific look on his face when he saw the amount of non-veg items being gobbled... :P :mrgreen:

*it is an eat-all-you-can joint with limited menu - both for starters and main course...4 varities each in veg and non-veg starters...
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Raja Bose wrote:Make GD and vina expose their cover by attending and we just might make the trip from Bay Area to BLR :mrgreen:
In turns of cover, GD is nook nood having attended atleast one meet before :mrgreen:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

rohitvats wrote:
Raja Bose wrote: GD was there in 2007 BR Meet - still remember his assault on the prawns and other non-veg starters in BBQ Nation*...the attendant had a horrific look on his face when he saw the amount of non-veg items being gobbled... :P :mrgreen:

*it is an eat-all-you-can joint with limited menu - both for starters and main course...4 varities each in veg and non-veg starters...
well I had no idea that there was a lunch after that and filled myself with the starters. I would prefer an evening meet though.. like 2009
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Jaeger wrote:I would like to come but might be traveling - when the dates are confirmed, I can confirm. I hope that is fine?
drop me an e-mail and will confirm on the date and time...
viveks
BRFite

Post by viveks »

I am interested....plz share details.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

viveks wrote:I am interested....plz share details.
please drop e-mail at rohitvats29atgmaildotcom
Kersi D
BRFite

Post by Kersi D »

Mahendra wrote:Marten

Don't forget to plant the IED I gave you under Shiv's chair
Make it 2. I will also give you a (BIG) IED, to put under Shiv's chair, for making fun of a poor, harmless, God-fearing, .... bloke like me !!!!!!

K

PS Shiv himself can add a few more adjectives about me
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Who were the lucky chaps in 2007 who paid for the food and drinks ? Btw daru bhi tha ? :mrgreen:
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

negi wrote:Who were the lucky chaps in 2007 who paid for the food and drinks ? Btw daru bhi tha ? :mrgreen:
All contri onlee....'fixed price eat all you can' with complimentary beer...
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Marten wrote:Mahdi, Kersi, why are you setting up a poor phata abdul with two IEDs against the most venerable Mullah in desh. Shivji, I will arrive in my langot and with hands held high above my head. :mrgreen:

Rohit: am still trying to make sure we're travelling on time to Desh since most airlines have cancelled flights via London. Sorry for being a PITA.
No problemo...but hope you make it to the meet...
Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

rohitvats wrote:
Jaeger wrote:I would like to come but might be traveling - when the dates are confirmed, I can confirm. I hope that is fine?
drop me an e-mail and will confirm on the date and time...
You have mail saar.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

I have AQK'ed this book, I would like to add it to BR circulation library "Ballistic Missile Defense : Benson D. Adams". Shiv is it ok for me to give you this xeroxed book? It is an interesting book, it dwells on both they economics as well as politics of BMD deployment apart from the development of BMD in US.

Would also like to know the secret of Kersi Bawa's recent activity spike on BRF. Bawa shu khadhelu chhe? :D
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

K Mehta wrote:I have AQK'ed this book, I would like to add it to BR circulation library "Ballistic Missile Defense : Benson D. Adams". Shiv is it ok for me to give you this xeroxed book? It is an interesting book, it dwells on both they economics as well as politics of BMD deployment apart from the development of BMD in US.

Would also like to know the secret of Kersi Bawa's recent activity spike on BRF. Bawa shu khadhelu chhe? :D
I will appreciate it greatly.