MRCA Discussion - October 2, 2010

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Anant
BRFite

Re: MRCA Discussion - October 2, 2010

Post by Anant »

Look I'll leave it as simplistically as possible. 1) I like working and living in America but I love India too. 2) I never asked any of you to be a lover of America or any other country for that matter and I implicitly assume since you are on this website that you love India just as much as I do. 3) Thinking with blinders regarding any given country is fallacious and wrong. You can't view the future through the prism of the past. If that were the case, the current world order would make little if any sense. 4) None of you (I am guessing again) nor I are in the Indian government in the Ministry of Defence nor are responsible for choosing the aircraft in the deal. I'd still hedge my bets and say that they know a ton more than all of the experts on this site. 5) Most importantly, I'll end this rather skewed discussion with this quote by Lord Palmerston who brilliantly stated "Nations have no permanent friends or allies, they only have permanent interests." So go ahead and pontificate all you want. It's a good time pass at a minimum but I still see some amount of hypocrisy for those who have adopted the US as their homeland ripping on it ad naseaum. For those that do not wish to immigrate here or wish to move back to India, it's a free world and you should do what is best for you. Thank you.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

get off to BR strat fora or nukkad, if one can't think of anything to relate such strategies to MMRCA. please.
GeorgeWelch
BRFite

Post by GeorgeWelch »

Ravi Karumanchiri wrote:Russia would be a better geopolitical partner for India than would the United States
I believe India already has that angle well covered with MKI, FGFA, MTA, Brahmos, Nerpa, Gorky, etc, etc.

There is another axiom: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Russia is clearly not going anywhere as an important partner for India.

BUT it is never healthy to become too reliant on any one person or country.
Ravi Karumanchiri
BRFite

Post by Ravi Karumanchiri »

GeorgeWelch wrote: There is another axiom: Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
GeorgeWelch,

You just might have a good point there.
I agree with you.
Rafale it is!
:rotfl:
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I have liked the Rafale too.

But, I bet, the first time that dragon belches fire France will spill the beans.
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

I don't think I have admin rights to lock this thread. I will have to ask the admins to either lock or clean up this thread. I am equally guilty of derailing this thread. My apologies.