I appreciate the following posters writing..thanks!

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Re: I appreciate the following posters writing..thanks!

Post by Vikas »

Why is Mahendra on a DEL spree ?
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

No one will mention me as I hardly contribute anything new and interesting.
wig
BRF Oldie

Post by wig »

^^^
on no narayana rao ji i enjoyed reading your post on tanks. nice steel beasts, jingos love them as long as they go rampaging on trips announced/ unannounced and with/ without the accompanying fireworks visiting our neighbours. no mumbo jumbo about non state or state actors there!
but there are so many superbly written, informative posts that it is difficult to single out lavishing praise on any one of the posters - and in the process miss out any prasing the rest. that would be unfair!
all posters do a superb job in sparing of their time energy by participating for the general good
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Spare a thought for us normal jingos who spend time reading them...or else there will be no point in writing them .... :mrgreen: :P
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

:(( I am a racist naarthie

By the way Marten is right, I upped my post count by 8 but I still cant figure out how negi has twice as many posts than I have, we started the same time and shared the same langot many times while being beaten up by the oldies
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^joo asking the wrong person, look at Martenwa's post count and his joining date he is our baap.

Btw frankly speaking you post with a higher SNR than me hence the deficit in numbers. :mrgreen:
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

But Matrenwa is a respectwa big shot who is friends with adminullah not phata abdul like us
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

I appreciate you Mahendra.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Sanku Maharaj ki Jai
Anujan
Forum Moderator

Post by Anujan »

N^3 was a mullah in a madrassa where I was a talib.

And ravi_g one of the fallen soldiers is still alive. just like a paki moojahid, he just changed his name.
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

ravi-g ki jai
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Bakistan ki ma ki ...
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I owe my post counts to RayC, Somnath, Wamanrao, N^3 etc.,

If I want to thank people by names then I would like to thank - Jagan, Rahul Mullah, RayC, N^3, Gerard garus who extended my forum life by nudging my posting style as needed :mrgreen:
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

I really must think whatshisname for starting the thread, havent had so much fun since Obama was polished off by the US forces.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

Sanku wrote:I really must think whatshisname for starting the thread, havent had so much fun since Obama was polished off by the US forces.
:eek:
Did they polish him to make him look white now?
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

Raceest alert
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

The things people would do for post counts
Mahendra
BRF Oldie

Post by Mahendra »

dont blame me I will always haath dho in behti ganga
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Archan sir we are having harmless fun onlee, I am fine if my post count is reset to 0 in fact I remember asking you guys to do that so that I could get rid of the wretched oldie tag.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Mahendra wrote:dont blame me I will always haath dho in behti ganga
Cleanliness is next to godliness I say....
SriKumar
BRF Oldie

Post by SriKumar »

When I immerse myself in a field of Qalandhar Qonsciousness, a few more names more names bubble up. Here they are so that their tendar pheelings are not haart.......Atri, Surinder. (Does anyone remember Johann.....he was like the brihaspati of Europe/Asia/America polity). Also Anujan for his non-Pakistani (nP!) posts ..I recall his post on P!=nP (should have been archived) and the '10 stages of Apple fanboy-dom' (?). Dileep chettan too.

If paens are being sung to those who heroically increased people's post counts, Rahul Mehta's name should lead the rest (as in Abou Ben Adhem's name lead the rest).

Now, where ij my 100% desi khadi-spun, cotton tissues?
Saral
BRFite

Post by Saral »

I am mostly a lurker and my post count is limp ... I respectfully submit an appeal to the higher powers to square my post count, at least ^1.5. Need my flag to fly high.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Sanku wrote:NO ONE LOVES ME

:(( :(( :((
Sanku ji, I disagree with many of your thoughts but admire your knowledge (you know a lot of topics, almost everything under the sun like Theo_Fidel ji), resilience and ability to hold on to your point of view amidst insurmountable odds. I am sure you are a very successful person in life.

And to Philip ji and Rahul Mehta ji who at times have been harshly retorted to but the maturity of these gentlemen to not retort and press on the with their points. And of course the oldies who are very patient with newbies like me full credit to them.

BRF has been a good influence on me on how to stick on to your point of view (and fight for it) and in a civil manner be challenged intellectually. What would I have done without BRF? Thank you very much BRF for the immense knowledge you have provided to me and all the posters here in BRF who by the very virtue of knowledge, eclecticism and curiosity have enriched my knowledge.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

BRF has been a good influence on me on how to stick on to your point of view (and fight for it) and in a civil manner be challenged intellectually. What would I have done without BRF? Thank you very much BRF for the immense knowledge you have provided to me and all the posters here in BRF who by the very virtue of knowledge, eclecticism and curiosity have enriched my knowledge.
People in my office here think i am some sort of super-duper know-it-all since decent knowledge on virtually any topic under the sun can be learned just by casual browsing of BRF for sometime daily. Wonder what they will think if they run into real know-it-alls like Sanku, Theo, Karan M,B-ji etc etc ( too many to be named) compared to this mujahid who is worse than a noob in this forum!!

The amount of new things i know because of BRF daily never ceases to amaze
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

^^^^^

Thank you Yogi_G, sum. That was very kind of you.
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

Indeed, my news feed collector nowadays is BRF and Twitter :D, I dont need to visit any other news sites. People take the pain to patiently collect news worthy items and post it in BRF.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Nice to see my name there among the big guns of BRF , Thanks.

Sanku you dont seem to post much these days ..... no problems found on T-90 these days , huh ?
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Austin wrote:Nice to see my name there among the big guns of BRF , Thanks.
You are one of the big guns on BRF Austin

Sanku you dont seem to post much these days ..... no problems found on T-90 these days , huh ?
:)

That and also that I have been under the threat of ban sword pretty often. A number of posters seem to have complained to admins both quietly and openly (as in complain pretty loudly in a post written on the forum) about me.

So staying quite by my self lest my silence be a long enforced one.
RajeshA
BRF Oldie

Post by RajeshA »

There are many very good posters on BRF and as such I wanted to desist in naming any names, for I owe them a lot in my own education. However I would like to mark out a few for special appreciation.

I have found Rudradev ji as a poster, who has always been able to surprise me, with a as yet ignored angle on an issue. His posts have been like someone just puts the pieces of the puzzle together.

I have also felt humbled by brihaspati garu's keen insight into a layer of politics and other issues, which lie invisible under the surface. It seems to be an insight which one can boast about only if one has been active at the grassroots level, and no amount of book knowledge can compensate for that.

I would also like to make a special mention of shyamd ji. Regardless of whether one agrees with him in his prescriptions, his knowledge of West Asia has allowed BRFites like me, to connect to West Asian issues through BRF, even if West Asia plays less of a role in the consciousness of both India and Europe, and as such most talk remains at the propaganda level.

I'll be frank about it. When I came to BRF, I wasn't really much in touch with India's Dharmic past, and was solely interested in India's strategic options. It is only with time, that I have been able to (re)connect to the Sanatan Bharat and Dharma. For that I would like to thank several including Atri ji, RamaY ji, and others.

I also have high regard for Carl ji, who has the uncanny ability to condense pages of thought into succinct few words, thus allowing the reader to partake in 'condensed knowledge'. I have profited from his contributions on language issues as well as his knowledge of Persian and Islamic society. His ability to introduce shades of gray in traditionally black and white issues is something I laud him for.

Last but not least, I would like to show my appreciation for shiv ji. We have had our arguments, but I appreciate his knack for digging up carefully planted flower-beds. He likes to shoot wild cannons through the issues, which have enabled many a passionate discussions on BRF, in which I too could partake.

There are many others, whose contributions I much appreciate.
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

The biggest take away for me is, BRF has taught me how to get to the actual stuff and remove layers of spin in the media. For that I thank many of current and past members.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

BRF is an integral part of my life now.. My thanks to all... It has been a life changing experience for me..

b-ji, shiv ji, RamaY, Klaus, ShauryaT, Abhishekcc, Carl, ManishH, Rudradev, Sanku, Ramana, Acharya, RajeshA, Jambudwipa, Jhujhar (especially for music dhaga and poaq poem series), the entire resident and erstwhile Jamaat-e-BENIS especially lalmullah, Enqyoobi and Mahendra, Anujan, Surinder, Airavat, Carl, Sushupti, Naren, Suraj, Devesh, JEMenon, SwamyG, ShyamD, Stan, SSridhar ji, Pulikeshi, harbans, Rajaram ji, Surasena, and everybody else (its really difficult to name all my BRF gurus in spur of moment)..

You all have been my teachers who are teaching me how to think.. I am eternally in your debt.. Accept my Pranaam, gurujan...
Last edited by Atri on 06 Jun 2012 17:14, edited 1 time in total.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Yogi_G wrote:Indeed, my news feed collector nowadays is BRF and Twitter :D, I dont need to visit any other news sites. People take the pain to patiently collect news worthy items and post it in BRF.

How do you collect news feeds from BRF....i.e how do you setup BRF to input to google reader for example????
Yogi_G
BRF Oldie

Post by Yogi_G »

mahadevbhu wrote:
Yogi_G wrote:Indeed, my news feed collector nowadays is BRF and Twitter :D, I dont need to visit any other news sites. People take the pain to patiently collect news worthy items and post it in BRF.

How do you collect news feeds from BRF....i.e how do you setup BRF to input to google reader for example????
Mahadev ji, I meant to say with all the news article links posted by BRFits in BR, I hardly need to visit any news site for this purpose.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

^^^ agreed. its a damn good news aggregator. Far better than any dedicated reader site.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RajeshA wrote:There are many very good posters on BRF
Rajesh you are one of the most slick psy-ops operators I have come across on BRF. Out of box to the core
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Post by Dilbu »

i love all admins. Not britharely love wonly fraandly love.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Dilbu wrote:i love all admins. Not britharely love wonly fraandly love.
And all admins love you (us?) back no fraandly love, wonly britharely love.
:(( :(( :((
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Posters....Nachiket...Austin as well are well appreciated!
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Since this thread is being read a lot...I wanted to put across a point:-

1. The tone which is used by Indian posters towards their Chinese guests is pretty...well...not upto the mark. This is something to be aware of...as the language one uses take the attention away from the point one is making.
gakakkad
BRF Oldie

Post by gakakkad »

they were the ones who started the whose is longer stuff...it this was euro board or a ozzie board or amreeki board, panda posters would have long been quadrified...