RIP Bal Thackeray

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Re: RIP Bal Thackeray

Post by Sanku »

Moderation is crap, especially the current variety of what passes for moderation in Indian.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

And I am from a part of India which would be probably be not exactly on the the top list of of "loved regions" for the Sena's; yet I can not but argree with Atri-ji.

It is sad (to me) that BRFites are looking at BT from parochial lenses and not the macro phenomena and power that he was.
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

He went at a good time. The divine forces are visiting earth at this festival period. Hence, his soul will leave with them for heavenly abode or better.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Goodbye supreme nationalist,the "saffron tiger".RIP.His sharp tongue often reminded us of our failings in protecting the national interest especially when it came to appeasement of the evil external forces ranged against us ,where Dr. Singh and his latter-day quislings prepare to re-enact history as Neville Chamberlain did at Munich.
Satya_anveshi
BRF Oldie

Post by Satya_anveshi »

Thank you Bhagwaan. Hope you will take good care of these folks. Also hope you will uthhaao some more worthies waiting and this time jyaada der mat karna.

Thank you and take care
ranjbe
BRFite

Post by ranjbe »

Only people who lived in Mumbai in the 60's and early 70's know how close Mumbai (and hence MH) was to become a Marxist bastion like W. Bengal. BT, with covert Congress support, used techniques which are the only effective way to tackle the red brigades - forced takeover of red unions, including murder of a couple of very prominent communist politicians. If the SS was not there, the preeminent industrial centers of India, Calcutta and Bombay, would have been communist.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

My sikh friend of last 28 years cried hearing Balasaheb's news, he was in Mumbai during 84' riots visiting his uncle and remembered how Shiv Sainiks had come to the society his uncle lived in with many other sikh families and protected them, none of congressi genociders could kill sikhs in Mumbai as they did in Delhi where there was no Balasaheb to protect them.
kulhari
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kulhari »

RIP ...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

I think we can all learn to forget the past and learn to love people whose misdeeds caused us pain. In another context it is called Aman ki Asha.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Manish_Sharma wrote:My sikh friend of last 28 years cried hearing Balasaheb's news, he was in Mumbai during 84' riots visiting his uncle and remembered how Shiv Sainiks had come to the society his uncle lived in with many other sikh families and protected them, none of congressi genociders could kill sikhs in Mumbai as they did in Delhi where there was no Balasaheb to protect them.
A lot of concerned Indians did exactly that all over India. Why should Bal Thackray get all the credit for acts performed by people who may not have any love lost for him.

I hate Pakistan so I love Bal Thackray. I hate Congress so I love Bal Thackray. I am neither North Indian nor South Indian and have no knowledge of how they might have been made to feel by Bal Thackray's anti South and anti-North Indian politics in Maharashtra.

Thackray was a poltician and he played politics. He played one group off against another depending on the mood of the times. He was hardly a positive force for Hindutva. Calling him a Hindutva leader is a self goal for Hindus who need this sort of person to represent them. Combine the likes of Yediyurappa and Thackray and it shows leaderless and rudderlessness of Hindutva depending on cunning politicians whose association with Hindutva is only one of convenience for the purpose of gaining voters. Not because they are any more Hindu than anyone else.

For Hindus the soul does not feel peace or lack of peace. It does not rest either. It moves from one body to another after death until t is completely released from bondage to a body and becomes one with the infinite and not bound by emotions and needs like resting and peace. So I am uncertain what the Macaulayite term RIP means in the context of "Saffron" leader Thackray
Last edited by shiv on 18 Nov 2012 07:23, edited 1 time in total.
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Yes better Aman ki asha because the love is for Indians and Indianess
BT is far better person because he spoke his mind and I rate him exactly I would rate Congress DK DMK
But again he never said leave the union
That's a resounding difference.

He served his purpose like everything in nature.
Matter and anti matter
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pentaiah wrote:Yes better Aman ki asha because the love is for Indians and Indianess
BT is far better person because he spoke his mind and I rate him exactly I would rate Congress DK DMK
But again he never said leave the union
That's a resounding difference.
True. He never asked anyone to leave the union. He only said go away from Maharashtra. Hindutva leadership at its best.
svenkat
BRF Oldie

Post by svenkat »

Shivji,
Without taking cudgels on behalf of lumpen elements,it is important for us to forget certain unpleasant things,learn lessons and then move on.

BJP did forge an allince with DMK and even DMK was a stable partner with BJP for 5 years.
The Cong has continued its alliance with DMK for last 8 years.

An extremely painful episode in modern Indian history is the anti-tamizh riots in Bengaluru in 1991 unleashing the 'pent up fury of kannadigas'.Sir,even such an intellectual like you,have said that no kannadiga likes to be bracketed as a madrasi.And you are no chauvinist.TN has moved on and I know reasonable elements which are the majority in KA(inspite of the coldness inTN-KA relations) have only felt remorse for that sad episode and ensured that is not repeated. Why even now,KA implements SC judgements on Kaveri according to its fancies.OTOH,atleast 20 lakh tamil people live in Bengaluru,particularly those in Ulsoor living for more than 100 years.

To even suggest TN,KA,MH,Telengana,Punjab are paki (by alluding to monkeys asha etc) is insult to the people involved.Because there are countervailing forces of moderation,reason,humanity,sense of responsibility,the belonging to the larger whole.India is unlike any other nation in the world and we all know that.There are ancient kingdoms,languages,literatures extending to hoary past.That past and sense of belonging cannot be wished way.The political unit called India is much more recent.

Yes,the macualite term'RIP' has no meaning.May be we should say-He should attain sadgati.

Infact MH and KA have much in common.Its strange you should talk of aman ki asha/driving people out.Both are reasonably well governed states.Both are Hindutva states.What about the average Kannadiga/maharashtrian who is a nationalist/hindu etc.Is it your claim that his concerns do not matter all.
Everywhere in the world,from Bombay to Bengaluru to Chennai,it seems to be human nature that there is conflict between the bottom most labourer and one who is slightly more established in the pecking order.Unless one is a communist,we have to work within the system to improve things.

SS despite its lumpenness/corruption accepted the Hindu value system.Warts and all,we have to work within this hindu value system.KA and MH are Hindutva states.They provide stability,strength,productivity,prosperity to the Indian Union and SS was aware of the larger picture,despite the senas limitations.

Once Bombay had become part of MH and not an UT,it was inevitable a SS type of organisation will come.The same logic that produces DMk,KRV,Akali Dal or Telengana Protection Committee.With this background,Shiv Sena with all its faults is the least of our problems.And BT touched the hearts of marathi manoos exactly as Mu.Ka. appeals to certain type of tamils or the BJP appeals to certain people in Delhi.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Well said SVenkat garu.

Thank you.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

As a matter of fact Karnataka Maharashtra Telugu Nadu Tamil Nadu all have connections
Even Orissa has via Telugu nadu

Only when chauvinistic tendencies take the center stage all is lost.

Many of my relatives had marriages from people in Parbhani in Maharashtra
Some distant relatives are connected to Karnataka, and Tamil Nadu

Now I was surprised to learn that in Kasi that is Varanasi I had distant connections too...

It's just six degrees of separation that's about it.

During the 1970s 70% of the construction labor in Mumbai and other major cities like Pune were Telugu speaking for AP.

If matunga a has SIC south India concerns Dadar has many Telugu concerns..

I used to eat every day in SIC matunga in 1979 thru 1980s
I have lived as toddler in Pune and being from the services family my mom use to tell us stories about Maharastrian women attending nationalist meetings while husbands were in British central government
My address in Pune was 116 Rastahapet Pune according to mom.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

svenkat wrote: To even suggest TN,KA,MH,Telengana,Punjab are paki (by alluding to monkeys asha etc) is insult to the people involved.Because there are countervailing forces of moderation,reason,humanity,sense of responsibility,the belonging to the larger whole.India is unlike any other nation in the world and we all know that.There are ancient kingdoms,languages,literatures extending to hoary past.That past and sense of belonging cannot be wished way.The political unit called India is much more recent.

Yes,the macualite term'RIP' has no meaning.May be we should say-He should attain sadgati.

Infact MH and KA have much in common.Its strange you should talk of aman ki asha/driving people out.Both are reasonably well governed states.Both are Hindutva states.What about the average Kannadiga/maharashtrian who is a nationalist/hindu etc.Is it your claim that his concerns do not matter all.
Everywhere in the world,from Bombay to Bengaluru to Chennai,it seems to be human nature that there is conflict between the bottom most labourer and one who is slightly more established in the pecking order.Unless one is a communist,we have to work within the system to improve things.
You know venkat - you have written a beautiful piece here. But I still do not understand how Bal Thackray was an iconic example of patriotic Indian or symbol of Hindutva.

He was a politician who made it good in Maharashtra. That's about as far as he gets. Eulogizing him as a great example of a national leader makes me ask how people might question Nehru's credentials as national leader and eulogize Bal Thackray. I think we have a tendency to worship humans as gods after they die. How about some honesty in remembering Bal Thackray? He was no leader of national stature. He was a big man over a small area of the country.
Sushupti
BRF Oldie

Post by Sushupti »

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

pentaiah wrote:As a matter of fact Karnataka Maharashtra Telugu Nadu Tamil Nadu all have connections
Even Orissa has via Telugu nadu

Only when chauvinistic tendencies take the center stage all is lost.
This is why I believe that Bal Thackray should only be given credit for what he did and not raised to levels that he did not and could not achieve. In fact I disagree with the wish that Bharat Mata should have a person such as him come again. I wish Bal Thackray's atma achieves moksha and that his soul is not burdened with another human life.
abhijitm
BRF Oldie

Post by abhijitm »

My only appeal is you can bridge the gap by reaching out to someone when he is in grief. Be there for your brothers when they are in grief. By kicking his feeling you can only serve your own goal. What is right what is wrong there are always be two opinions. Just watch thousands, perhaps lakhs of your own brothers following his procession. what goal you will achieve by hurting their feelings this time? Ask yourself.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

shiv wrote:He was no leader of national stature. He was a big man over a small area of the country.
And even that power base was not secure. But nevertheless he was a politician first and foremost. I think the eulogizing goes on because in an Andher Nagri a Chaupat Raja will do. So, when governance fails across the board any two bit goonda who can get some semblance of order into place, he becomes a messiah for some. Fact of the matter is BT did not care for any laws or structures of the union, he cared for power. Hinudtva was his slogan for such. In the process, he did not have or pursue ANY program that would promote and change the nature of the state either for good governance or to promote Hindutva's political ideas (whatever they maybe?). Hence it is sad to see BT being called a lion of Hindutva, when he has not really done anything for it (except for a negative agenda of being against muslims, even if justified).

I grew up in Mumbai and maintain my base there and have seen first hand the benefits of BT's goodagiri and its ill effects. I have had to even vote all my life for the SS nominee in our area. If this is the best that political Hindutva can produce then I am sorry, Hindutva is destined for the garbage bins of history. Hindutva needs some real Hindutva leaders, who can articulate and pursue and radically define a so call hindu state that is liberal, inclusive and adjusted to modern times.
Last edited by ShauryaT on 18 Nov 2012 10:17, edited 1 time in total.
johneeG
BRF Oldie

Post by johneeG »

shiv wrote:
Nandu wrote:BT made statements and incited violence against many different groups of Indians, not just Muslims. He will never have my respect.
If you read the book Maximum City and believe what the author says, Thackray reached accommodation with Muslim gangsters. The accommodation was out of mutual fear/respect of what each group could do to the other, so they agreed to keep off each others toes. So much for Hindutva.
For precisely this reason, there is a need for BT(and SS) in every major urban centre. For eg: Right now, Hyd is in need of one such figure to counter thew menace of Ovaisies.

Congis always promote/create a junior partner who can play the rowdy politics. Generally, this role is played by the islamists, regionalists, or communists. The thing with BT is he started of as a regionalist and then evolved into a saffron leader. He, initially, used the slot provided by the congs to get the foot in the doorway. Then, once he settled down a bit, he used it for Saffron politics. Raj Thackray is trying a similar experiment(again the congs have provided the same slot for the same reasons).

If this slot was not occupied by the BT or RT, then some other regionalist, who happened to be 'secularist', would have done so. Eg: KCR(he is promising sops for the muslims...). This is the general trajectory of all the regionalists. BT was a positive exception. Bhindranwale was a negative exception. DMK is an extreme regionalist. The ideology of DMK is vicious and dangerous at several levels to Hinduism and Indian nation.

I am not averse to 'sons of soil' ideology either. The sons of soil must get priority in employment....regionally, nationally, locally,...etc. So, I agree with that philosophy of Sainiks. I agree with their anti-valentines campaign also. But, the roughing up of poor migrants and the 'lovers' is a downer. But, I guess that is the nature of the beast(local politics).

All in all, BT phenomenon helped the Hindutva. And more urban centres in India need such saffron figures who would be feared and respected by the commies, secularists, islamists and EJs.

On that note, maybe KCR can learn a trick or two from BT. KCR has already milked T-issue for all its worth. Now, perhaps, its time for the next gear: Hindutva. The time, in Hyd(and in India also), is also right. There is a vacuum for a strong Hindutva local leaders. And the growing antics of faithfools is pushing people(even the 'secular' 'Hindus') to search for Hindutva local leaders.

KCR has, so far, taken inspiration from Shibu Soren. He has tried Shibu model. Now, its time to try BT model... if he has the requisite guts and ambition.

Similarly, I think Chennai needs a BT kind of saffron figure to neutralize the impact of MuKa brigade.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

^^^^

Brilliant svenkat-ji and johneeG-ji
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

Yup. I can only hope the Sena finds credible and sensible leadership now that BT is no more. Rather than surrender Mumbai to psec and appeasement oriented politics.

RT can fill the slot perhaps, if he can make a credible deal with UT and AT. Let's see, time will tell.
anmol
BRFite

Post by anmol »

abhishek_sharma wrote:Although he was imperfect, I am agreeing with what Atri saar has been saying.
+1

RIP Balasaheb

- A "Bhaiya"
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

Balasahbe deserves credit for articulating Hindu interestes and having the will to back them up with force -- something that Hindus sorely need today in the world of EJs, Islamists, Maoists and Congressi "secularists" and appeasers who have made careers out of Muslim votes. Balasaheb was the Hindus' answer to Muslim fundamentalism and street violence -- force was met with force. Muslim street thugs were kept in check because of the threat of counter-violence by SS. He was the sword arm of the Hindus -- bhai bin hoi na preet (without fear, there is no love and respect). SS generated that fear on behalf of Hindus.

RIP Balasaheb.
Narad
BRFite

Post by Narad »

Bhaavpurna Shradhanjali ...
member_22286
BRFite

Post by member_22286 »

Telangana and Maharasthra are inherently polarized.Even INC and NCP leaders are closet Hindutva in Telangana and Maha.The Maratha struggle,then later ,Tilak,Phule,Ambhedhkar,Tukaram all had some Hindutva tinge.Same case in Telangana.It's the madras presidency which has entirely different thought processes
Chandragupta
BRF Oldie

Post by Chandragupta »

SBajwa wrote:He wanted to take revenge of the innocent murders but could not do beyond digging up pitches to stop pakis to play in India. And he got himself being equated to the worst of the Islamic terrorists, without adequately raising the issue of Islamic violence in India or abroad.
Saar, what would you have him do? Send Sainiks to Pakistan to blow themselves up in return? He did what he could, doesn't help much if the people go & elect the same bunch of buffoons again. And if some ant-Hindu, psycho sickulars got so pissed at a Hindu politician goon asserting himself & getting away with it that they compared him with Taliban & the likes, then Ack Thoo & piss on the face of everyone of them & ack thoo on anyone giving credibility to their views.

He is not a Hindutva self goal. The leftist anti-Hindu Macualite brigade will want to pull down every Hindu nationalist & make him look like a self goal, BR should be the last group of people to fall for that drivel.

Credit & respect to BT for adding Muscle to Hindus in Mumbai. RIP.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

RIP common sense.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

BT may not have been the ideal Hindutva icon that we all wish to see. But given the viciousness of the threat Hindu samaj faces from Marxist murderers and Jehadi terrorists and their collusion, it needs a variety of forces to counter it. Some of it has to be intellectual, some charming and smooth like ABV, some of it has to be the BT variety. Sometimes answers are given in poetry or a good speech, sometimes in the street..

After Rajaji, I can't think of any other Indian politician that was more openly and clearly anti-commie. And he was effective too, in convincing workers to abandon the lal jhanda and take up the saffron one. And it did turn out useful as MH is more developed than states/workers that did...Which explain the vicious anti-BT propaganda in Stalinist rapist goon propaganda yellow daily in the name of obituary. Anyone that forms union without Beijing's or its mafia puppets approval does so to 'please employers'
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

varunkumar wrote: Muslim street thugs were kept in check because of the threat of counter-violence by SS.
In Mumbai? When? I seem to have missed the parts when Muslim street thugs were stopped from disrupting Mumbai life by Shiv Sena.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

@Shiv, 1992-93.
member_23629
BRFite

Post by member_23629 »

If Muslims and their pet secularists hated Balasaheb so much, he must have been doing something right. As Suppiah rightly said, a race needs to be strong in all facets to protect and propagate itself -- from intellectual output to farming to street soldiers who can inflict violence on enemies of the race. Balasaheb took care of the latter.

Some of you think that Hinduism needs only sophisticated intellectuals (preferably English speaking) to represent itself (people like Rajeev Malhotra) -- but this is only good in peace time. When shit hits the fan and Muslim rioters start dragging you out of your middle-class houses, you will remember Shiv Sainiks and Bajrang Dals in a hurry.
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

shiv wrote:
Manish_Sharma wrote:My sikh friend of last 28 years cried hearing Balasaheb's news, he was in Mumbai during 84' riots visiting his uncle and remembered how Shiv Sainiks had come to the society his uncle lived in with many other sikh families and protected them, none of congressi genociders could kill sikhs in Mumbai as they did in Delhi where there was no Balasaheb to protect them.
A lot of concerned Indians did exactly that all over India. Why should Bal Thackray get all the credit for acts performed by people who may not have any love lost for him.
I lived very near to the house of Madan Lal Khurana BJP leader later he even became the CM of Delhi later. He came out to protect sikhs but his influence remained very limited to few areas, same way other BJP leaders like Malhotra, this is what is impressive about Bal Thakre without moving out of his house, sitting on his throne he just issued a command to Shiv Sainiks and they went out to protect sikhs, whereas BJP failed. This power and command structure he built around himself impresses me personally. Also the ability to 'own' his stance/statements like "If my Shiv Sainiks have destroyed Babri then I'm proud of them."

I hate Pakistan so I love Bal Thackray. I hate Congress so I love Bal Thackray. I am neither North Indian nor South Indian and have no knowledge of how they might have been made to feel by Bal Thackray's anti South and anti-North Indian politics in Maharashtra.

The thing is I myself can't make up my mind about BT, that's why I didn't write any 'Moksha to him' or RIP type statements myself as did for Rajesh Khanna and Dev Anand promptly, but reading through BRF I can see the point people are making of how a cartoonist got a foot in door , removed communists from mumbai and when his Shiv Sena had enough power, he started talking of hindutva. I mean if another BT was there in hyderabad, those muslims that started burning shops when Zia-ul-Haq was killed wouldn't have dared. Or in Kerala the muslims burning Bhartiya Flag due to delay in flights for some reason.

What holds me back from liking him out and out is his loyality to Indira during emergency and yesterday on TV some other cartoonist was saying BT liked Rajiv Gandhi very much for trying to root out corruption from India :rotfl:

Thackray was a poltician and he played politics. He played one group off against another depending on the mood of the times. He was hardly a positive force for Hindutva. Calling him a Hindutva leader is a self goal for Hindus who need this sort of person to represent them. Combine the likes of Yediyurappa and Thackray and it shows leaderless and rudderlessness of Hindutva depending on cunning politicians whose association with Hindutva is only one of convenience for the purpose of gaining voters. Not because they are any more Hindu than anyone else.

This is very true but as lack of clear courageous leader for Hindus these sort of people become 'one eyed kings amongs blinds', Those who are considered Right Wing Hindu leaders are quite apologists and afraid to clearly put forward Hindu agenda, not a single BJP leader starts agitation or even issues a strong statement when omar abdullah levies jaziya tax on pilgrims visting Mata Vaishno Devi. Or Azam Khan demands for Muslim Pradesh in UP

For Hindus the soul does not feel peace or lack of peace. It does not rest either. It moves from one body to another after death until t is completely released from bondage to a body and becomes one with the infinite and not bound by emotions and needs like resting and peace. So I am uncertain what the Macaulayite term RIP means in the context of "Saffron" leader Thackray
Very true, in fact I feel quite jealous that after reading J Krishnamurti for years , still I could not have written such a clear statement myself.
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

2 million people present in BT's Antim Yatra. by evening, 4-5 lakhs (at the least) will join in. What would have happened if there was a roper gathering of 2.5 million? Compare and contrast that to the most "rowdiest" Hindu group of India.. All of them are shivsainiks. And all of them have been behaving like a responsible citizen not only on this occasion, but on every occasion.

Johnee ji and Svenkat ji have articulated nicely. hindutva is a state function. There is a clear necessity that machinery is oiled and functions as per the Hindu polity. When state is hell-bent on being secular and anti-Hindu, groups like SS and men like BT emerge in any society which has will to sustain.

Those comparing BT with DMK et al, I have following to say - If the TN self respect movement would have added to Hindu-Sanatana Dharma cause, it would be one of the rock solid states. However, based on "victimisation" of the other, the ideology has been to find a villain for all the pre existing troubles. And that villain turned out to be "Brahmnism". BT or RSS or any other organization in MH never ventured that way. The only party which is now dabbling with this demon is NCP who are trying to implement a 96-clan Maratha - brahmin divide. It is SP and his nephew AP who are potential DMK and Mu.Ka of MH, not BT. SS never played caste OR racial politics. This is the reason why MH did not walk the path of TN and WB.

These are the classic arguments against historical Marathas - that the lacked "finesse", that they were too "reckless" and did nothing constructive. Look at the opponents SS was poised against - Communist party of India, Muslim organizations (various, first was All India Majlis Tameer-e-Millat) who started the infamous Bhivandi riots in May 1970. In procession of Shiva-jayanti (festival started by Lokmanya Tilak where birth anniversary of Shivaji Maharaj is celebrated), there was stone pelting. This was the first time in Mumbai when SS-RSS combination retaliated in manner which was necessary. It left 40 people dead, 35 of which were miscreant Ropers. It is wrong to make this statement on my behalf I understand because those who were killed were citizens of ROI. But why did situation reach this level?

When reaction of Babri happens in Mumbai and MH (dunno why not in other states as much), what was state doing to protect hindus from this reaction? When roads, railway platforms were forcefully occupied 5 times a day, no body dared to complain against the "inconvenience" caused to citizens? When there were AoA naras given 5 times a day, nobody cared for "noise pollution", hain ji?

It was BT who put end to this nonsense by organizing Maha-Aarti on the same roads and at same time followed by blowing of Counches (Shankha-naad) followed by slogans of Har har mahadev. When this stupidity of appropriating roads and public places for offering namaz stopped, maha-aarti stopped too. This is as crystalline a psy-op as it can be. Be a bigger nuisance for the nuisance maker. This is not the highway, but when police and home-department and GOI are busy changing constitutions to accommodate medieval islamic law (Shah bano case) and doing zilch, what else people can do?

Everyone knows how dirty communists fight. You think it was easy to save Mumbai and MH from going WB way in 70s? Given the fact that many trade union leaders and intellectuals were on Soviet pay-roll. Communists, Islamists need to be answered in language they understand. Those living in ivory towers and who have been insulated from these local dynamics may pass "unbiased" judgement, they are free to do so. But I am sure they will forgive gundas like us, if we throw their verdicts to trash can. "we" usually do not read "Angreji" newspapers, so as long as you keep the language of unbiased judgement, english, we are fine. And BTW, in case you feel moist in the pants followed by a strange, but familiar smell after hearing nara-e-takbeer given by faithfuls, please call local police first.

And in case you noticed the difference while travelling on mumbai flyovers and roads in MH, do not forget to thank the gundas and communalists.
Suppiah
BRF Oldie

Post by Suppiah »

varunkumar wrote:If Muslims and their pet secularists hated Balasaheb so much,
Varun, since you quoted me, let me elaborate a bit..I would not use the word 'muslims' so broadly. No sane person can have objection to a Abdul Kalam or a Amjad Ali Khan or a Justice M. M. Ismail. They are good muslims and they don't hate Hindus. A lot of ordinary Muslims are like too. I am not going into percentages here, but I would say a substantial majority.

A jehadi terrorist on the contrary has a active hatred for all non-muslims including Hindus. Since there are not many Christians or Jews in India, that obviously means they hate hindus. It is these jehadi terrorists I am referring to. The Stalinist rapist goons and their fake secular yellow and fake intellectual plants in civil society join them in this hatred because it fits right into their anti-Hindu pogrom. Mind you, the Marxists do not have any love lost for Islamism, which is really so similar to their own ideology, if this were business, there would be solid grounds for a copyright suit. But they cleverly use the Islamists to further their goal of ridding the country of Sanatana dharma so they can plant their evil ideology in Indian minds. They know they can't come to power in Hindu India. One can speculate on who will become the useful idio to who, but the events in Arab lands where Islamists made use of leftists to come to power perhaps offers a clue.

So someone that takes on one of them should take on the other as well..because one feeds and encourages the other. Most people fail to see this simple logic.

That is what BT did.

May he attain Moksha now I will be careful using RIP after Mulla Hakim's theological discourse..
peter
BRFite

Post by peter »

shiv wrote:[..]
I think we can all learn to forget the past and learn to love people whose misdeeds caused us pain. In another context it is called Aman ki Asha.
ShauryaT wrote:[..]
Hindutva needs some real Hindutva leaders, who can articulate and pursue and radically define a so call hindu state that is liberal, inclusive and adjusted to modern times.
Why do you gentlemen think Eeendoos will not be thrown out of their homes, tortured, raped and their properties taken over once the rulers in a state become muslim?

Are you familiar with the history of India during the Mughal time? Do you know how many Hindus were made Muslim and why do want Hindus to be inclusive?

Why are examples of Spain where Inquisition was practiced not good examples?

Balasaheb I feel should have played a much larger pan Indian role and not just in Maharashtra. He would have been an awesome Prime Minister IMHO.
peter
BRFite

Post by peter »

Atri wrote:[..]

It was BT who put end to this nonsense by organizing Maha-Aarti on the same roads and at same time followed by blowing of Counches (Shankha-naad) followed by slogans of Har har mahadev. When this stupidity of appropriating roads and public places for offering namaz stopped, maha-aarti stopped too. This is as crystalline a psy-op as it can be. Be a bigger nuisance for the nuisance maker. This is not the highway, but when police and home-department and GOI are busy changing constitutions to accommodate medieval islamic law (Shah bano case) and doing zilch, what else people can do?

[..]
Awesome! May Maharashtra produce many more Balasaheb Thakres who have a Pan Indian outlook.