Surya Kirans and FAF Team @ Hindan AFS

Ved
BRFite

Surya Kirans and FAF Team @ Hindan AFS

Post by Ved »

Today I was lucky to see them perform. The SK's have a new trick - a synchro 180 deg cross by two aircraft per side, instead of one as before. The French team showed some great stuff - one which the Kiran couldnt possibly do, an outside turn with at least 1-2 (-) G in the turn. Their inverted synchros were good too. Its obvious that the Alphajet has a great engine response - the snappy position changing showed that. Last of all, their initial run in were far apart, about 15-20m, and just when I was wondering why, each of them did a point roll - in an 8 aircraft formation! Great show - made up for yesterday, all right.
Last edited by Ved on 07 Nov 2004 21:47, edited 1 time in total.
George J

Re: Surya Kirans and FAF team at Hindan

Post by George J »

Ved wrote:Today I was lucky to see them perform. ........ The French team showed some great stuff - one which the Kiran couldnt possibly do, an outside turn with at least 1-2 (-) G in the turn. Their inverted synchros were good too. ............ Great show - made up for yesterday, all right.

Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

I recall the SKAT move you describe.Saw it in Mumbai.The pilots who do it are called double-crossers by the rest of the team 8)

The French with their Alphas do have a flair for displays.

I hope the IAF will give out pictures of this event.

Blue Skies,
Kapil
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Painting the skies... Alphajet aircraft of French Air Force’s Patrouille de France perform aerobatic display at the Hindon Air Force base in Ghaziabad near New Delhi on Sunday. The Patrouille de France team members and the IAF’s Surya Kiran aerobatics team displayed their skills at a joint show. AP
Arun_S
BRF Oldie

Post by Arun_S »

Talking of aerobatic shows in Hindon, I must have seen 50 or so there before I got tired of them for a die hard aero fan like me. So after that I would sometime raise my head to watch them up performing barrel rolls. But that was many years ago, and I am now revving up to see IAF aerobatic shows.

Talking of -ve G turns, the first one that saw was M2000 do that in Singapore show some 10 years ago, only an aero buff can appriciate that maneuover.
max
BRFite -Trainee

Post by max »

Hi I have few images of this airshow but I dont know how to upload images. Also they are of not so good quality as my camera has no zoom. Can some body help.

eventually i got it done here is the image:
http://img105.exs.cx/img105/253/Img_14.jpg

hope you guys like it
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

Sky dance : Members of The French Aerobatics Team (FAT) display their aerobatic skills at Hindan Airbase in Ghaziabad, some 20 km east of New Delhi. (AFP/Prakash Singh)
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

hindu got a bigger sized version
Two 'ALFA' jets of 'Patrouille De France', the aerobatic team presenting a spectacular show (mirror-formation) over the Hindon sky near Delhi during a joint air show of Indian and French Air Force team. Photo: PTI.
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

Nice pics.
That mirror formation is something that I have never seen the SK's do. Any plans of them implementing it?
ameya
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ameya »

Suryakirans are changing a lot .
They have added few things after the they saw the red arrows.
I hope they will add something after they saw the French.

Will it be possible to give a joint display by a mix of red arrows & SKs or something like that

That wud be a mix of aircrafts but even the russian knights operate with MiG-29s & Su-27s
Harry
BRFite

Post by Harry »

So did the PdF do stuff that the SKAT could only "dream about", to quote Ajay Shukla? :roll:
Kartik
BRF Oldie

Post by Kartik »

why on earth are they operating from Hindon AFB ? they'd shifted the last fighter squadron from there due to the nuisance of birds. a narrow escape when there was an airshow going on, then imagine how dangerous that place is for basing fighter jets.
Rustom

Post by Rustom »

ameya wrote:
That wud be a mix of aircrafts but even the russian knights operate with MiG-29s & Su-27s
I think that the Russian Knights only use Flankers (& Su-25's). The Mig-29's are from another Russian team - the Swifts. Yes they have performed formation maneuvers together. Doing all those stunts in 2 different a/c's is a real feat as it is bloody hard. Just shows what classy teams they are.
VikramS
BRFite

Post by VikramS »

Kartik wrote:why on earth are they operating from Hindon AFB ? they'd shifted the last fighter squadron from there due to the nuisance of birds. a narrow escape when there was an airshow going on, then imagine how dangerous that place is for basing fighter jets.
http://www.teamindia.net/index.php?acti ... s&id=34570

Indian Air Force plane has narrow escape :

Ghaziabad, Nov 8 : An Indian Air Force plane had a narrow escape yesterday after it was hit by a bird shortly after take off from Hindon air base during an air show, sources said here today.

The plane barely managed to maintain its altitude after it was hit by a bird during the show, Air Marshal S P Tyagi said.

This incident is latest in a series of accidents involving mid air plane collisions with birds, official sources added. PTI