Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
nits
BRFite

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by nits »

Vivek - Fantastic work and amazing writing style... this is the real talent which is just waiting to explode once your book is out... As a starter how about creating a Page on Facebook and spread the word...

Eagerly waiting for your book; it will be one of my treasure in all my collection :) You have a great future Sir... All the best
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

The only thing i found missing in the scenario is the role of big bad amrika . Though russians found a role, the amrikans got missing in such an important war.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

Thoroughly gripping!

Now for some griping! No mention of cyber warfare.
VKumar
BRFite

Post by VKumar »

would have appreciated to read work of maoists in India during the period, islamic terrorists to support PRC and Tibetan guerillas against PRC.
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Vivekji - Congrats on completing an enthralling story.Should say Bravo Zulu.
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Vivekji... good attempt...you need to learn a lot though

but i think it could have been better. i think you should learn from my example scenario i have given.
VKumar wrote:would have appreciated to read work of maoists in India during the period, islamic terrorists to support PRC and Tibetan guerillas against PRC.
Looks like you didn't get the memo. Home Minster of Shinde ji said in Parliament of India that Sri Hafiz Sayeed saab doesnt have anything to do with terrorism in India and the real concern for India is Hindu terrorism. Home Secretary supported these claims by releasing details of 10 suspects.

Next scenario should be about Hindu Terrorism.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

RamaY wrote:Vivekji... good attempt...you need to learn a lot though
Looks like you didn't get the memo. Home Minster of Shinde ji said in Parliament of India that Sri Hafiz Sayeed saab doesnt have anything to do with terrorism in India and the real concern for India is Hindu terrorism. Home Secretary supported these claims by releasing details of 10 suspects.
Next scenario should be about Hindu Terrorism.
:rotfl:

RNIs dekha Khwab , tho yeh silisla challe
India ko Pakistan banane PM ji Challe
HM Shinde ko bhi Khujli Laggi
Thumb Mush me daala owwr
Soong Karr Bole
Yeh terrorist Buddboo
Aa rahi hai Saffron walo sey.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Dear Vivek,

Really great scenario with life-size characters. Hope to see you back on this thread after a short break. We BRFites will do our bit in our daily lives to promote your book in our immediate circles.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Not sure if this is posted before...

Scenario where China captures Pakistan – A Scenario by 2017-2022 : Should India join US in China containment?

Read more: http://frontierindia.net/china-captures ... z2IzM0qUDP
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Hair-raising landing at Paro. Just imagine what our Air-force pilots would have undergone to airlift the Paras there.
Hats off to them to serve such difficult airstrips.

vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Admins please archive this thread now that this scenario is done and dusted.

I would like to start a new scenarios dhaga for the next scenario if you all don't mind. This one is at 86 pages now! But if its too much trouble we can merge the new one with this page.

Thanks and regards.

-Vivek
rohankumaon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rohankumaon »

@Vivek_Ahujha - Got my copy from amazon! Looking forward to write a detailed review on Amazon :) Thanks a ton for these scenarios!
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Vivek ji

I am thinking about Chinese nuke positioning. Just checking to see if this occurred to you...

I think China is equipping Pakistan with all nuke-infra (design, Pu/Eu, tests and even some cash to start and run nuke power plants) in the hope that

- Pakistan wil raise enough nukes to counter India and potential west-Asia threats.
- this will make PRC nuke arsenal sufficient enough to counter NATO/Russian threats
- NK will cover SK and JP threats

The benefit of this strategy is that PRC will not trigger a NATO/Rus armas race, while china havin (hopefully) access to NK/TSP arsenal in times of need.

If my analysis is right, after couple of successful tests, NK too will start making nukes in hundreds same as Pakis.

Your scenario however is a possibility where TSP wouldn't play it's part in a potential Indo-Chin nuke war. That is why PRC stopped with few nukes?
Manish_Sharma
BRF Oldie

Post by Manish_Sharma »

Vivek I have a request, that you send a copy of your book as a gift to all the channels timesnow, aajtak , ibn etc. maybe reading 'Chimera' they get an idea of situations gravity, move from their lazy backs and start reporting on DBO escalation.
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

Seeing current state of affairs at LAC, Indian Army chief's order went out to commanders at border: "Stand-by to execute operation Chimera on my command!!!" and Vivek is brought into CCS meeting as a special adviser.
(A possible military scenario)

---------------
By the way:
Everyone on TV and elsewhere is asking why Chinese leadership doing what they are dong right now. A possibility could be that Chinese just finished translating and reading Vivek's book and decided to take the initiative to address their inherent insecurity, while our brave and forward thinking great PM and FM still living in state of denial, far away from reality. Same applies to Indian publishers who rejected Vivek's book, which clearly is out their own league and construct of their mental ability.
Virendra
BRFite

Post by Virendra »

As a first and possibly disastrous attempt, I wrote a story. :P
It is not about a war on the border, but has military elements in the plot.
Perhaps urban warfare would be the term.
It will be great if some of you could read and let me know how good or bad it is.
I would be happy to improve :
http://wp.me/p1VuZt-d

Regards,
Virendra
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

So it appears as though certain aspects of this scenario have indeed come into play.

1) Its 2013 and the PLA is indeed getting itchy and unable to scratch, so they are going berserk against all their neighbors.
2) The GOI of today is living up to the characters in the book. Except that we had at least a few characters that had balls in the novel but in reality they too are missing. :((
3) DBO is the preferred area of action (geography doesn't lie)

That said, it now appears I had quite simply overestimated both the Indian military's preparedness in the 2013-14 time-frame while underestimating the defeatist (read: non-aggressive) mindset that seems to be rotting the system from the inside at Army HQ in Delhi. I haven't seen a single aggressive statement (not asking for actions, just even statements will do!) from any of the uniformed brass at the travesty that seems to be happening in Ladakh. :evil: :((

Sigh.

-Vivek
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Manish_Sharma wrote:Vivek I have a request, that you send a copy of your book as a gift to all the channels timesnow, aajtak , ibn etc. maybe reading 'Chimera' they get an idea of situations gravity, move from their lazy backs and start reporting on DBO escalation.
I guess I should send them those free copies. Couldn't hurt. But I am unsure whether they will even grasp the aggressive stance of the book or dismiss it and go back to their regular activities.

-Vivek
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Vivek sahib,
I've sent you a message on FB. pliss to check if it's of any use to you.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

jamwal wrote:Vivek sahib,
I've sent you a message on FB. pliss to check if it's of any use to you.
Jamwal-mian,

I have it. Sent you reply. Pliss to see. :)

-Vivek
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Vivek, I am closing the thread and archiving it.

ramana