Possible Indian Military Scenarios - Part IX

Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Possible Indian Military Scenarios - Part IX

Post by Rakesh »

Old Threads in Military Scenarios Archive.

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Part 6

Part 7

Part 8
Last edited by Rakesh on 13 Jun 2007 09:19, edited 1 time in total.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

AIRSPACE OVER ZERO LINE
NORTH OF TAWANG,
ARUNACHAL PRADESH, INDIA
2353 HRS THURSDAY

There had been five Chinese Z-10 Helicopters that had flown down from the north after the first T-90 raid on the Chinese positions at Bum-La had been successfully carried out by the now dead Captain Shukla and his tank force. They had flown within the hills and beyond the coverage of the Searcher-II from Bomdila that was flying covertly over Chinese airspace. The Chinese pilots had not known of its existence and the fact that they had still managed to evade it had nothing to do with anything else other than luck. That had allowed them to come south undetected and reach the indo-china border east of Bum-La before being detected by the second Searcher-II flying directly over their heads at high altitude. With no radar, the acquisition had been purely Optical in nature and the operators at Bomdila had literally ‘seen’ the Chinese helicopters getting into launching position on their screens. They had also witnessed a missile launch from one of the helicopters and seen it impact the friendly T-90 in a bright flash of light. For them there were no sounds of thunder and screams of men caught within the blast radius, but they had seen them flying anyway. Now, the helicopters were moving southeast, and attempting to try and hit the Indian defences at Tawang from the northeast in a flanking attack. They just had no idea what was flying above them. Their radar facility to the north, ‘Red-Eye’, had been laid waste by the Harpy drones launched by the TACIT-PATHFINDER team from Bhutan in the northwest not so long ago. So when the Chinese crews actually saw the Mig-27s manoeuvring in the dark skies above them, it was too late…

There were four Mig-27s in all. They had launched from Hashimara not so long ago and had darted across the airspace over Bhutan to get to this area in a hurry. They were loaded out with Napalm and cluster munitions but no guided bombs. In an ideal case they would remained high above the enemy helicopters and drop a guided bomb on top of them while themselves outside the range of the small close range Heat Seeking missiles of the helicopters. But here they had no such bombs. They didn’t even have any air-to-air missiles because their aircrafts had been loaded with only one mission in mind. It was supposed to have been a surgical strike. Get in, fry the Chinese and get out. No more…It had just turned messy...

The four Mig-27 pilots separated from their tactical formation and dived low and switched to guns while simultaneously attempting to locate the Chinese helicopters. The flight was being led by Wing Commander H. S. Bhatia, and his was the leading aircraft in this group…that is, when it really had been a group. Now it was a melee. Single aircrafts looking for single targets. The pilots were hoping that their comrades would find their targets before they found a heat seeker creeping into their jet pipes. The search for the enemy was frantic and short.

Come on…come on…where are you…aha! There!

W/O Bhatia was the first to find one of the Z-10s in the darkness using his NVGs. His aircraft’s wings were in full forward position seeing the high rate of closure with this enemy whose maximum speed was probably less than his landing approach speed. Bhatia thought briefly about lowering his main undercarriage to reduce speed, but decided against it almost as soon as the thought had entered his mind. With this high a closure speed, the attacking aircrafts had a very small window in which they could fire a burst of ammo that might hit the enemy target. Still too fast…Damn it…can’t do anything now. Have to go with it as it is…

Bhatia’s Mig-27 was heading directly at the Chinese helicopter whose pilot and gunner sitting behind one another also suddenly noticed the threat approaching directly towards them. The Pilot attempted to raise the nose of the helicopter so that his gunner could engage at the enemy coming from a higher altitude and diving. That was when Bhatia judged his window lay and depressed the trigger button. The aircraft shuddered and a full line of tracers left the aircraft and went down towards the Chinese helicopter. Bhatia immediately pulled up or else he may have hit the hills below. He did so and left behind a line of flares to detract any threats to his aircraft. His target was now behind him and in his immediate evasive manoeuvres he had not paid attention to the target itself. He brought the aircraft around and started looking for his quarry again.

Okay Mr. Commie…where are you…you still alive? Bhatia immediately spotted the rotating blades of the helicopter against the rocky background and headed for it. This time the Chinese helicopter was in front of him and heading away, so the approach was somewhat slower, allowing him to align himself properly behind the Chinese before pressing the button again…so you managed to escape, did you? Here you go…

Bhatia’s second burst of gunfire was from behind and he kept the button depressed until the first line of bullets slammed into the rear section of the enemy helicopter in massive thuds and kept on hitting front-wards until they began impacting the engine compartment and sent the twisted and broken main rotor blades flying in all directions. The first Z-10 fell like a rock and hit the rocky mountain floor below in a jarring impact before rolling down the slopes. Bye Mr Commie. It was nice knowing you…

There was surprisingly little fire, but no one stepped out of the cockpit when the rolling finally stopped. Bhatia’s Mig-27 had already flown over and was not concerned with the fate of the Chinese crew. He had other things to attend to. The other three Mig-27s had similar if not same experiences and they too managed to shoot down one helicopter each. But no one could locate the remaining helicopter. The whole battle so far had lasted barely a couple of minutes and as each pilot reported in, Bhatia did the arithmetic and called up EAGLE EYE.

“EAGLE EYE, this is ECHO-ONE. Splash four bandits. I repeat…splash four bandits. No visual on fifth target. Proceeding to primary. Overâ€
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

We WILL be back…
Just awesome, too good, excellent, etc etc, i am tooo overwhelmed to think...
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Human thinking time is larger than what it takes gravity to bring a heavy object down to earth from such a low altitude
The first truck in the long convoy pulled off at the far end to the south, and as the trucks behind the first began to pull out one by one, Major Patel glanced again at the hills they were leaving and noticed for the first time that the snow on the hills surrounding East Hill had melted because of the heat from the explosion, showing the dark brown rocks and soil below. The melted snow was pouring into small conduits in between the rocks as they formed a small rivulet whose water glittered against the starry night. It was one of the most beautiful things the Major had seen. And it broke his heart to be leaving this to the enemy to trample upon. As the Major and his remaining officers jumped aboard one of the last trucks before it pulled out as well, they turned and looked at the majestic sight once again. The Major was uncertain whether they would ever see this part of their land again, but that was his brain speaking again.

very intelligently written.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

a great poetic touch ............... This episode was nice one (as usual). Eagerly waiting for next one. All of us are keeping fingers crossed for your system. Hope the next part os story comes soon as unlike 1962 we want our land BACK and soon..........
Sadler
BRFite

Post by Sadler »

Possible Indian Military Scenarios - Part XI

Minor nitpick.

Shouldn't it be IX (nine) and not eleven (XI)?

I just realized that after spending 15 mins looking through the archives for numbers IX and X!
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

Sadler wrote:Possible Indian Military Scenarios - Part XI

Minor nitpick.

I just realized that after spending 15 mins looking through the archives for numbers IX and X!
I noticed that too, but chose not to comment on it.

Another request would be, when admin locks the thread he can give us the link to next thread in the last thread (locked thread). So that we don't have to waste time on searching the next thread and can easily bookmark it.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Actually,im thankful for the time between viveks posts(of course,fellow BRFites will be waiting to skin me alive for this statement) as it allows me to do a little bit of office work else i would have been kicked out by my boss and would be jobless by now for reading only vivek's stories all day long without bothering to do the things i am paid for!!!!! :P :P
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

sum wrote:Actually,im thankful for the time between viveks posts(of course,fellow BRFites will be waiting to skin me alive for this statement) as it allows me to do a little bit of office work else i would have been kicked out by my boss and would be jobless by now for reading only vivek's stories all day long without bothering to do the things i am paid for!!!!! :P :P
:) You will be searched and destroyed for this.

Frankly, I too share your view, but sometimes the wait is too long.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

sum wrote:Actually,im thankful for the time between viveks posts(of course,fellow BRFites will be waiting to skin me alive for this statement) as it allows me to do a little bit of office work else i would have been kicked out by my boss and would be jobless by now for reading only vivek's stories all day long without bothering to do the things i am paid for!!!!! :P :P
You have more 10 days............. on the tenth day ...................... The story shall be published in a novel titled as "10 days Sum up " YOu will get 2 signed copies for double the price and money will go towards Possible Military Scenario fan club.

||
You will be ===== CRUCIFIED.
||
||
||

Just joking. :D (Even the cross refuses to crucify you)
Rakesh
Forum Moderator

Post by Rakesh »

Sadler wrote:Possible Indian Military Scenarios - Part XI

Minor nitpick.

Oops! Fixed.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Is there any new rule that there can't be more then 1 post/Weel from vivek ??? :roll:
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

We WILL be back…
Vivek.. don't be late!!
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

....FRIDAY....

AIRSPACE OVER MADHYA PRADESH
CENTRAL INDIA
0005 HRS FRIDAY

The Indian NCA was airborne some time back, but it had become part of the aerial ISR network only and hour ago. That’s when the aircraft had reached its stipulated altitude and when the IAF Communications crew had taken off their seatbelts and immediately got down to work in opening up the communications with all other nodes. For the PM and the Defence Minister, the job started when the COAS and the CAS led them to the conference room inside the aircraft next to the communications room where they took their positions around a table and opened up the links to the various theatre commanders via Video teleconferencing systems.

At the moment, the main people online via this system were the Air Force’s CAC and EAC commanders, and the Army’s Eastern Army Commander. For the last hour, the people on board this aircraft had monitored the ground war north of Tawang via various methods, vocal and optical. It had given them a god like view of the situation at hand and shown them the brutality of war on screen and Live. This had created different reactions among the different people present. For the Defence Minister, it had been a gut wrenching feeling as he had seen one of Patel’s Infantry Companies fight out to the last man on East Hill as the Chinese had overrun them. Then the short war between the T-90s and the Chinese and finally the end of that battle with the IAF Mig-27 strike only minutes ago had seen the PM visibly uneasy, as if his stomach was not agreeing with him, but he had the courage and the dignity to keep that under control for the benefit of all those present around him.

A relatively young NSA member had not been able to control his sickness and had left the room in rather a hurry. Now, the Defence Minister was sitting next to the oval window and staring at the dark night sky outside. His earthward line of sight was restricted because of the wing outside, with the lighted engine area and the wingtip red anti-collision light periodically flashing away. Inside the aircraft there were only few whispered talks as everybody was busy doing his or her job. Apart from that the only noise was the humming noise of the aircraft engines themselves, making their way inside the aircraft and reminding everybody that this wasn’t a dream. They were all rally here. They were all really facing a national emergency, and that no, this wasn’t some floating dream with a starlit sky and no noise.

Further outside were two dark silhouettes whose anti-collision lights were also flashing. They were flying with this aircraft, the Defence Minister Realised, and against the starlit background he could only make out the dark silhouettes of the two aircraft, but they looked like Mig-29s to him. He took satisfaction in the fact that he could tell the difference between a Mig-29 and an SU-30 or whatever, unlike most of his predecessors. That brought a small chuckle to the Minister’s face, and broke his tension, much to his relief. There was a slight commotion and he turned his head to see inside the room and saw that the recently departed NSA was back in the room. The relaxation within the Defence Minister was gone the moment he saw the face of that ‘Advisor’ again, and he wasn’t alone in that gesture. The two senior Military commanders also gave an ugly look. The Defence Minster became his old self again.

The kind of people advising the PM on how to fight a war can’t keep their dinners in their stomachs. The ********. Decides national security for the country but doesn’t have the guts to even see a battle head on, much less to fight in it. I have a good mind to tie him up to a Smerch rocket and…

“Sir, we have the latest update now. I have General Saxena on the line for us. He will fill us on the latest details. Should I ask him to start?â€
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

So the Chakrata Boys are ready for the action. May anybody tell me how much is the present force level of SFF and their chain of command?
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

even i had the same question....
is the SFF having the came capability as in the 60s and 70s or have we whittled it down like we seem to have done to our elite RAW units like JIT-X etc!!!!! :roll:
gopal.suri
BRFite

Post by gopal.suri »

SFF has better capabilities. They are armed to put down any any military take over (if at all it happens) of the country.

Indian Army has not been able to take control of the unit after a lot of tries.
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

ok i have a question ?

-- Does 2-2 (Tu-Tu) forms part of SFF or they are separate...
-- 2-2 and SFF are both based out of Chakrata
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Isnt establishment 22 another name of the SFF??
dont think they are seperate.....
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

sum wrote:Isnt establishment 22 another name of the SFF??
may be but my understanding over the years have been 22 is very specialized units operating in only 2 man teams.

It may be highly specialized units under SFF, but somehow i dont believe it.

22 ppl are only from army unlike SFF

22 is still not unrecognized by GoI
menon
BRFite -Trainee

Post by menon »

d_berwal wrote:
sum wrote:Isnt establishment 22 another name of the SFF??
may be but my understanding over the years have been 22 is very specialized units operating in only 2 man teams.

It may be highly specialized units under SFF, but somehow i dont believe it.

22 ppl are only from army unlike SFF

22 is still not unrecognized by GoI
Please see http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/LAND-FORC ... s/SFF.html
It says
"The Special Frontier Force (SFF) was created on 14 November 1962, near the end of the Indo-China War. The Cabinet Secretariat had ordered the raising of an elite guerrilla force composed mainly of Tibetan refugees. It's main goal was to conduct covert operations behind Chinese lines in the event of another Indo-China war. The first Inspector General of the SFF was a retired Indian Army Major General who was known for his unconventional thinking. Soon the SFF came to be known as 'Establishment 22' due to its first Inspector General, who used to be commander of 22 Mountain Regiment during World War II."
narmad
BRFite

Post by narmad »

A little Off topic
But this might help creating a perspective

Pakistan: Some likely scenarios Colonel Dr Anil Athale (retd)
Malay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Malay »

Vivek,
i would like to point out in this scenario, that time has indeed elapsed since the start of the war, and the international support/pressure should be starting at maximum pressure now.

The US for example, considering their very efficient intelligence services, apart from their situational awareness, and the technological platforms at their disposal would know exactly what is going on. They might consider supporting India, seeing as would see this as an excellent oppurtunity to drastically reduce China's strength. They might consider this as a once in a lifetime oppurtunity to hit China via India so hard, they would take decades to recover.

Russia would be in the know-tow as well. It depends what side they take, or whether they remain impartial, or whatever.

Europe, etc would probably be getting scanty details.

We would be having talks with Israel for some critical surverillance equipment, etc, deliveries to help out right now.

I feel the US/ Israel would be VERY active in this war, it affects the US DIRECTLY, and much more so than any other country apart from us.

Europe would play a very marginal role, etc, etc.

Your the writer, so everything depends on you. I just think its about time you delved into this aspect of war as well.

It suddenly gets MUCH more interesting :D
samuel
BRFite

Post by samuel »

Some random thoughts:

Chinese have the most active research program in the world on weather modification. A recent Xinhua article brought this thought

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2007- ... 129170.htm

So, imagine the chinese starting to help themselves out with the weather a little during tactical manouvers. Boy!
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Take a lead from Humprey Hawksley's "Dragon Fire" and "The Third World War" for SFF usage.

Can Chakrata military airport take AN-12 and IL-76s?
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Sharma wrote:Take a lead from Humprey Hawksley's "Dragon Fire" and "The Third World War" for SFF usage.

Hey

Book is very expensive... Can you tell me if its available for reading on some website...
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

HELP!HELP!!HELP!!!

Post by nikhil_p »

Hi,
Please call the ambulance services, I am suffering a severe attack of missingscenariobyvivekophobia....this is a very dangerous disease and can lead to unshaved faces, waking up in the middle of the night and checking BR- forum, using friends computer in case my cache is not letting it update, installing 4 different browsers, one set to auto - refresh the page after 10 minutes, etc......
The only cure is that the person has to be kept on a regular diet of reading scenarios updated atleast once every two days.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

Hold on a little longer these are withdrawl symptoms. Soon you shall be free of one more addiction Vivek/Bala/Shankar - phene. I am almost completely cured, thanks to missing Vivek.
SriSri
BRFite

Re: HELP!HELP!!HELP!!!

Post by SriSri »

nikhil_p wrote:Hi,
Please call the ambulance services, I am suffering a severe attack of missingscenariobyvivekophobia....this is a very dangerous disease and can lead to unshaved faces, waking up in the middle of the night and checking BR- forum, using friends computer in case my cache is not letting it update, installing 4 different browsers, one set to auto - refresh the page after 10 minutes, etc......
The only cure is that the person has to be kept on a regular diet of reading scenarios updated atleast once every two days.
Dont do this again, I had almost picked up my phone. :x :x
niran
BRF Oldie

Helphelphelp

Post by niran »

Hi,

Help yourself.Drink cold lassi huge amount of ice tea.work harder you will cure yourself of this ailment.
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Help yourself.Drink cold lassi huge amount of ice tea.work harder you will cure yourself of this ailment
or....you could just hang out a bit longer? a little bit?...not too much, just a teeny-veeny bit? :)
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

nits wrote:
Sharma wrote:Take a lead from Humprey Hawksley's "Dragon Fire" and "The Third World War" for SFF usage.

Hey

Book is very expensive... Can you tell me if its available for reading on some website...
I do not know if it is available for e-reading but you may get a pirated version for just 100 rs from road side vendors.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

:) I think sooner Vivek would be charged under IPC 375(j) [Indian constitution] for causing severe mental trauma to all brfite, for not posting his scenarios in time.

P.S Please correct me with the number and section of article.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

In that case
1. He will get anticipatory bail.
2. Prosecution will fail to do home work properly and shall not be able to convince judge the about allegation.
3. Shall be acquitted with honour.
Sudhanshu
BRFite

Post by Sudhanshu »

ksmahesh wrote:In that case
1. He will get anticipatory bail.
2. Prosecution will fail to do home work properly and shall not be able to convince judge the about allegation.
3. Shall be acquitted with honour.
No! we will pitch Ram Jethmanali type ppl against him. If he can bail out a terrorist from life sentence,then I don't think Vivek would have any chance.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

deleted
Last edited by ksmahesh on 19 Jun 2007 19:24, edited 1 time in total.
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

Sudhanshu wrote: No! we will pitch Ram Jethmanali type ppl against him. If he can bail out a terrorist from life sentence,then I don't think Vivek would have any chance.

:rotfl: Beware Vivek .........
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

INDIAN DEFENCE LINE ONE
NORTH OF TAWANG,
ARUNACHAL PRADESH, INDIA
0015 HRS FRIDAY

The journey for Major Patel and his men was nearing its end. The trucks were moving in a long convoy at a slow pace on the icy roads to the south. Their front lights were off, and the drivers were using low light goggles while navigating along the curving roads. The journey went silently for Major Patel and the Zero Line survivors as they stared into the darkness from the rear of the trucks and reflected about those they had been forced to leave behind. The mountains were all dark silhouettes to them at the moment, and the only reason they could be made out from the horizon was because of the slight orange glow along the entire skyline to the north, with an occasional flash of light that disappeared long before the associated thunder arrived in a low bulky intensity. They were now a few kilometres south of their original positions, and the battle noises were receding into the background, allowing the Indian Mountain Troops a few peaceful minutes while they sat in the trucks.

For the drivers, there was to be no such luxury. They were being extremely careful along the road south. The danger of an attack of some kind was remote, but skidding off the road was just as lethal as an enemy bullet. The trucks were creeping behind one another and the entire convoy looked like a long snake crawling through the hilly road. In the lead truck sat a young lieutenant along with the driver. He was in charge of the signalling. Once the trucks reached the Indian positions again, the truckers had to signal the proper code both visually and by radio to avoid being shot at by their own side. This precaution had to be taken since there could have been the possibility that the Chinese had taken over the trucks and commandeered them to infiltrate through the Indian lines in the darkness using these trucks, although this was unlikely at best. But rules were rules, and they were to be followed.

The first sign of the Indian positions was when the trucks turned around a bend and the lieutenant sitting in the lead truck suddenly spotted what appeared to be T-90 sitting amidst the rocks and snow on the gradual slope next to the road, half a kilometre away from what was the main roadblock on the road to Tawang. The T-90 gunner returned the gesture when he turned the main gun towards the lead truck coming from behind the turn on the road. That caused the young lieutenant in the lead truck to snatch the radio and shout out the correct signal before grabbing a small flag and waving it outside the window of the truck cabin. The T-90 turret did not move away, but neither did it fire either. The Indian lieutenant breathed a sigh of relief as the truck came to a stop along with the other behind it at the main roadblock. Out of nowhere a section of Indian infantry appeared with their INSAS pointed at the truck as they made their way to the lead truck. When they had checked that all was clear, the roadblock was opened and the convoy started to move again. Major Patel and the Mountain Troops were now behind the Indian lines. It was time to get back to work.

The road from the roadblock was flanked on both sides by two hills. Both these hills were occupied by Indian infantry and were a part of the Indian Defence Line One. With the demise of ‘Zero’ Line, there was no more need of the odd numeral based names and so this defence line was now renamed as Phase Line Alpha, followed by Bravo and Charlie behind it, with Delta being the last line of defence for Tawang. The Convoy was now moving through this road and the troops inside had the first glimpse of the positions they would now be helping to occupy.

Once clear of the hills itself, the convoy continued to proceed south and bypassed the numerous T-90s and BMP-II AFVs lined up along the roadside waiting to be dispatched at any point along the Indian positions where the Chinese may apply pressure. Of course they could not reach all the positions thanks to the terrain, but such vehicles in fact covered many of the positions on both sides of the road to Tawang easily. Major Patel was a true professional in the mechanics of Military Science and it took him less than a minute to realise that there was easily a full regiment of Indian troops covering these two hills alone. It was nice to see so many Indian troops milling about as their trucks ran past on the road. His thought brought a long disappeared smile back to his face.

My single Battalion cost the Chinese one, maybe two regiments worth of troops at Zero line. Lets see what they can achieve against a whole regiment along just this one stretch of the line. Sure…I had a lot of indirect firepower at my disposal, but that will continue here as well. Let the Chinese try to storm these hills like they did on East hill. They are in for one hell of a rude surprise…hmmm…I wonder when we will begin to move north? Heck, I might just end up buying some property in Lhasa if things go according to plan…

That was worthy of a slight chuckle as Major Patel realised that the truck he was one had taken a turn to the side and separated from the convoy. Before he could say a word the truck came to a full stop along what was an open field next to the road. The rest of the convoy also came to a stop, with soldiers jumping out and stretching their legs while some MPs began questing some of Patel’s troops near the lead truck. One of the soldiers pointed to Major Patel and the MPs walked over to Major Patel and saluted in the darkness. A quick look around by Patel and a quick confirmation by the Military Police Personnel quickly established this as their area of dismounting.

The word was passed and the soldiers began jumping out of the trucks onto the snow filled area. There were several tents at the edge of the ground from where the several Medics and Doctors ran over as other soldiers ran with the stretchers carrying the seriously wounded towards the tents and trailers and out of the freezing cold. Major Patel lit up a cigarette and was idling away the time before a Colonel walked over to him. The sight of the Colonel made Patel extinguish the cigarette and jump to attention before being told to relax. Before the Colonel could say another word to Patel, a group of soldiers opened the rear of one of the trucks nearby and began offloading what were revealed to be Body-bags of Indian soldiers. These were the lucky ones. The unlucky ones were still on East Hill and Zero Line positions…

The Colonel quietly nodded his head in dismay, gestured and then led the way to what was revealed to be a bunch of Trailers and tents on the opposite side of the road. This was revealed to be his Regimental CP. The tents itself were made of the new made fabric that allowed near zero heat transfer from the outside to the inside and vice versa. This allowed the interior to be heated up and provided what were relatively comfortable conditions in the cold and windy conditions outside.

Inside were a bunch of tables and Battlefield computers on which were sitting Signals officers and Regimental Staff Officers, staring at a big horizontal Digital map on a central table. Compared to the hell Major Patel had been through, this was a luxurious way to fight a war, the Major reflected to himself, but kept his peace. He noticed that while he was covered with dust and soot from the tank explosion, the young officers sitting here were in absolutely clean uniforms and whatnot. They fight the war their way and I fight it in my way, and that’s that. The Major decided in his head just before the Colonel spoke up to him.

“So Major, I understand that you have had a rough night so far.â€
ksmahesh
BRFite

Post by ksmahesh »

All I have to do is take a hill and hold it against the charging Chinese hordes. That’s all. No big deal…what could be simpler? ............
I wish it was.
Malay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Malay »

Vivek to make up for the LONG time you spent before posting the last post, you otta post one more.

A show of good faith 8)