Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Re: Possible Indian Military Scenarios - XII

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Shankar sir, if that be the case can you please complete the last scenario on the Maldives.. Gen Ray has been in the water for far too long now...
Hari Sud
BRFite

Post by Hari Sud »

Nobody is having fun with this Libyan Scenario.

I wrote on March 9th in this BR thread about its lack of grip. Then a BF writer "Ghatotkacha" wrote back that he likes whatever Shankar is doing, hence i decided to keep quite. Only now I see that others are not having fun.

Shankar Please switch back to the earlier scenario.
bsatyaki
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bsatyaki »

Dear Shankar sir, this one is not gripping enough...Do give us one of your special ones.Libya is no fun.The brits and Frenchs and Americans are tank pinging, we are sucking thumbs.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

^^^ Shankar ji, perhaps you could continue where you left off with the captured PLAAF Su-27 jet off the coast of Thiruvananthapuram? You could alternate with the current Libyan scenario, giving clear headers and titles so that readers do not get confused.

Perhaps a Libyan scenario leading to an unrest in Yemen, with elements of Al-Qaeda (Maghreb), KSA contract killings and Indian Navy/MARCOS participation, with an expanded Black Panthers in action.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

air india one hijacked to somalia by aq and armed forces get a mandate to do whatever to rescue - ahigh tech rescue mission with all military components -how does it sound ?
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Shankar wrote:air india one hijacked to somalia by aq and armed forces get a mandate to do whatever to rescue - ahigh tech rescue mission with all military components -how does it sound ?
Do a scenario where NATO does a Libya on India . Let us see how we fare in your scenario. That will be something.
Jamie Boscardin
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Jamie Boscardin »

Shankar wrote:air india one hijacked to somalia by aq and armed forces get a mandate to do whatever to rescue - ahigh tech rescue mission with all military components -how does it sound ?
Shankar da,
Cant you complete your earlier scenario? that was some serious stuff going on there and everyone was hooked.
You are a victim of yourself :), your standard is right at the top, so go back to making us dream about Gen Ray!!!
ovein
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ovein »

Chinmayanand wrote:
Do a scenario where NATO does a Libya on India . Let us see how we fare in your scenario. That will be something.
I too really like to see India taking on something big. It will be intriguing to see what nato with US and minus US can do against india.
bksahu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bksahu »

I too vote for Gen Ray's scenario to be continued.....
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

NATO Vs India is not going to happen. Please complete your earlier scenario.
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

MALDIVES it is then - I do what you guys want:-))
problem is can some of you e mail me the back story -ghoshsh@gmail.com -actually even I liked that one -in the mean time will do some background research to make it even better
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

MALDIVE COAST GUARD VESSEL – CGS GHAZEE -1745 HOURS

Captain Hamid spotted the brown smoke first against the backdrop of orange setting sun and he reacted quickly .Thinking it is a burning boat about to sink he ordered full speed and was soon pulling out of waters almost unconscious the Indian army officer . Another 30 minutes and a glass of tea laced with medicinal alcohol and the unbelievable story took shape –of an imminent invasion by 3 ship load of Pakistani special forces possibly any time to night.
His small ship was in not in any position to take on the heavily armed invaders and so he needed help –who else but from the Indian friends.
As his first call went to commanding officer ,Ray used hi personal mobile to call up Male garrison and air security details at nearby international airport and finally called up Delhi and reported the whole incident to general officer commanding southern command –asking for immediate naval/air support geared for close support anti ship operations
About the same time first of the Pakistani ships beached on the golden shores of island housing the international airport and other too dropped anchor off the port city of Male and commandos were quickly boarding the zodiacs for a fast assault on the capital .
Time was quickly running out for the small group of defenders .
ppontheweb
BRFite -Trainee

Post by ppontheweb »

Hi all,

This is my first post after long tenure of lurking on BR. Shankar and vivek sir, please for my sake give us the burst of rapid fire rounds........................................................

I think many of BR members also wants this...
pljjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
bksahu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bksahu »

shankar saar,
where are you
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

I remember reading something like Vivek is not well or something. hope I am wrong. Does any one know vivek mail id phone no etc or checked up with him recently. earlier was also he was not well for some time. I dont have his mail id with me other wise I would have checked.
manna
BRFite -Trainee

Post by manna »

The first thing, I check this site
The last thing, I check this site
In between, I do it a lot of times
In fact, every time a clock chimes
But when I don't see a post
I feel that something is lost
So I am waiting for a new entry,
In the site called Bharat rakhshak - "The sentry"

:) :)
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Any news about Vivek. Some how I feel that he is not well or something. Can any one who has his mail id etc try to contact him?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

narayan sir,
lets not forget that while we all enjoy the awesome stuff that vivek sir serves us, he still has his own stuff that might drain some of his time. Let him serve his fix as and when he feels comfortable. Just my very humble opinion, sir.
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

With the opening up of an ALG in Dharasu after Daulat Beg Oldi & Fukcha, we could look forward to new twists in Vivek Ahuja ji's scenario when he returns. JMHO.
gokulvarmank
BRFite -Trainee

Mission Stint - Alternate Universe Roleplay story

Post by gokulvarmank »

Background: This is a storyline I wrote up in July 2009, involving war with Vietnam. A diplomatic delegation to Vietnam (RP'd as Khmer Empire here) is assassinated thus becoming a casus belli. This two post commando operation is being conducted to retrieve the dead bodies of the Cochin diplomats including a Brigadier General of Royal Cochin Army. The protagonist nation I am RPing is a fictional Kingdom of Cochin, a nation that includes Xinjiang, Tibet, India, Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh and Punjab and Sindh provinces of Pakistan.

Glossary :
CNS - Cochin Naval Ship
NIA - National Intelligence Agency
NRA - National Reconnaissance Agency
METAC - Medium Transport Aircraft (similar to C130J and An32)
RCSF - Royal Cochin Special Forces

The Alpha Company from 24th Special Forces Regiment is tooling for their mission. They are in the Air Craft Carrier CNS Trichur having come aboard a couple of days ago through a Naval METAC which picked them from their regimental base.

Alpha Company is the current MARCOS Team in Duty Rotation.

Having arrived in the carrier they were briefed extensively by case officers from NIA and NRA. They had scoured the satellite images of the city of Hue, its neighboring environs and especially the town of Lang Van Cu around 9 kilometers north of Hue. The exhausted NIA officials who had worked 30 hours days to gather the information informed the elite commandos on what and whom to expect in the region. The NRA official provided them with a stream of high resolution imagery, infra red as well as optical, taken by satellites and Raven flights.

After extensive briefing the 16 man team huddled over the information to prepare a plan. Though the highest ranking of them was only a Captain the Royal Cochin Special Force prided on not taking any mission unless planned by them. As combat hardened vets, each of them, had a contemptuous irreverence for the REMFs. In a planning session that lasted for 6 intensive hours the commandos agreed upon a plan. Each soldier was by now thorough about his role in the mission.

They knew about the crimes committed against their Kingdom, to their brother soldiers and were proud of the retribution meted out to their enemy. But their mission was also very vital, it was the basic tenet of their Kingdom. Because of the importance of the mission the soldiers shrugged away the voluntary acceptance forms, because extremely perilous as the mission was if they withdrew from this they would lose the respect amongst their fellow soldiers. The Black beret wearing Special Forces were indeed the elite amongst elite. They formed a special command of Royal Cochin Defense Forces with their special flag and insignia.

After the plan was finalised and christened Mission Stint the Captain of the team was on call to the the RCSF HQ in Bishkek for the additional units that might be needed for the operation.

Within 6 hours the equipment had arrived and the teams rigged them and got ready.

The Mission Stint was about to go.

The 16 commandos of Alpha Company boarded a midget submarine that is customized for supporting Special Ops. At 0900 hours the midget submarine disengaged from CNS Trichur and headed for the beach. 22km off the coast of Hue at 16d44'23"N, 107d44'41"E, the midget submarine MS98 bottomed out to the ocean floor. Through a water lock at its port side the commandos ventured out to the tropical waters of South China Sea in their sea scooters. They planned on a covert-in , covert-out mission.

The team navigated their silent electrically powered crafts to the estuary. This was the most dangerous part of the mission. Though by now it was 0000, some lone sentry could be unusually alert. They could not afford any detection.

Slowly at 15 minutes intervals the 4 sea sccoters passed the narrow river mouth to enter the huge lagoon. Though the route to be taken was preprogrammed to the sled by each team painstakingly the navigator of each craft rechecked the bearings on his wrist mounted GPS every 10 minutes.

On this moonless and cloud covered night they were sailing up a muddy river several meters under the water level. It was ripe conditions for utter disorientation and vertigo for any untrained person. Fortunately these soldiers felt the conditions to be as natural as a womb is for an unborn baby. The rain which started when they entered the river was an added boon for the teams.

7 kms up the winding river the teams turned their crafts right to enter the smaller stream. Now was the first of many bridges they had to cross. Though they were repatedly assured by the men from NIA and NRA that the bridge was unguarded the team ventured cautiously.

The next crossing was a bridge that formed part of the National Highway 4 and the bridge was also dangerously close to an army encampment. Extra vigilance was mounted at this crossing.

After this bridge it was plain sailing all the way to Lang van Cu.

At 0100 the team made landfall at their target location. They anchored the sea scooter to the river bottom and swam ashore. The building they wanted to approach was not well lit and they were assured not well protected. The Khmer Empire obviously did not deem the installation worthy of any elite security. After all it is not a military installation, neither are its contents vital for Khmer Empire's interests. The team expected a guard force of 8 policemen, a quite manageable number.

As they approached the building the Sergeant on scout duty made a final recce and team made their assault. The MARCOS lobbed canisters of odorless and colorless sleeping gas from all points of entry. The scouts crept up to the semi lucid sentry and poked him from behind. The hapless police constable turned around to be greeted by a cloud of the same sleeping gas. Then the assault team of 4 went through the building to check that all inhabitants were disabled. To counter any still awake residents the assault team were armed with semi automatic tranquiliser guns. No rounds were spent and finally the whole team assembled at tha room where the packages were kept. Thankfully the room was well refrigerated. The packages were transferred to the special cases brought by the team. The cases were buoyant and water tight, designed to be towed by the sea scooters. One by one the cases were carried to the banks and the sea scooters brought to the surface for the cases to be attached. One all 10 packages were secured to the 4 sea scooters the team dived. They then adjusted the buoyancy setting of the cases and the hygrograph inside the case assured them that no water is seeping in.

Finally the team returned by the same route. As they crossed into the Ocean from the estuary the Captain signalled for the midget submarine on his ELF radio.

Finally at the point where the midget submarine was grounded the team entered with their packages through the water locks. As they entered the submarine proper carrying the 10 cases the sailors had assembled for a mini ceremony. The dead sons of Cochin were being brought back to the Kingdom. The bodies of the ten diplomats murdered by Khmer Empire are back with the Kingdom of Cochin.
irajman
BRFite -Trainee

Post by irajman »

Where are the two viveks...both kept me hooked...and both have vanished! Sirs, please make the entry!
nits
BRFite

Re: Mission Stint - Alternate Universe Roleplay story

Post by nits »

Nice gokulvarmank... Keep it coming
Ajit.C
BRFite

Post by Ajit.C »

Vivek saw you online, can you please finish the scenario you have started.
biswajit
BRFite -Trainee

Post by biswajit »

Dear all, i am a big fan of Vivek Sir, always followed his thread religiously....but now a days it seems he may be busy or in some problem. So i am trying to start a new thread.......but desperately waiting for Vivek sir......
biswajit
BRFite -Trainee

Post by biswajit »

26-01-2015 : Republic Day of India With a big surprise to the world leaders, the Republic of India welcomes it's esteemed guest of honor "The Dalai Lama" as the chief guest. It means officially India deviated from its policy i.e Tibet is a part of China/ Tibet is a independent country.

Past Events :- As People's republic of China's economy grows in last three decades, grows its military power. With different acquisition of weapon systems and Indigenous production Chinese military grew like a demon. With vast economic reserve and having the largest army, changed the approach of the Chinese leaders towards rest of the world. From 2002 onwards china tried to settle its boundary disputes with it's smaller neighbors on its own terms by showing military might n economic clout.

But there was only one exception India. While China was growing on it's production house n cheap labor concept, India was growing on its IT and knowledge based economy. With growing economy, Indian govt. tried to improve its Army, Navy & Air force qualitatively. After facing five wars with two hostile neighbors, Indian govt. tried to improve its defense forces through Hi-tech weapon system acquisitions & license productions.

When decades of negotiations stalled, Indian policy makers realized China is just trying to make the boundary issue alive. And the Chinese policy of " String of Pearls" made the our defense establishment more suspicious.

From 2007 onwards China started a new policy, giving stapled Visas to the people of J & K and refusing visas to the people of Arunachal Pradesh ( Chinese claimed Arunachal is a part of Tibet & Tibet is a part of China, so Arunachal is a part of China). After repeated Indian Govt protests,Chinese policy towards India remain unchanged.

A growing unease was taking place in South Block regarding China.

"2013" May general elections in India, saw a young leader taking oath as P.M with overwhelmingly majority. After the new govt settled in, they started a new approach towards Chinese policy.

15th August 2013: 7. 30 P.m, Prime minister's Residence - A tea party was going on on independence day eve, but the guest list made it quite interesting. P.M along with all the members of C.C.S , three service chiefs of Indian armed forces, chief of RAW & I.B & MI. The discussion started early evening n went on till midnight. Following morning some S.F.F members slip into the Tibetian territory.
UBanerjee
BRFite

Post by UBanerjee »

What is the best equivalent of a Tom Clancy style writer from an Indian perspective? That is available from something like Amazon.

Wasn't one of the contributors to this thread publishing a novel.
manish.rastogi
BRFite

Post by manish.rastogi »

biswajit ji our eyes are open! :D

Ubanerjee Ahuja sir was, but he has been MIA since very long!
Klaus
BRF Oldie

Post by Klaus »

Biswajit ji, the prelude to your scenario is nice from a purely scenario point of view. However, in order to resonate better with reality (i.e. if you want it to), I would suggest that there be no details of changing governments during the 2012-2013 timeframe. The CPC itself is supposed to be having a leadership change at this timeframe, therefore I am not too sure how a new government taking centre stage in India at the same time (according to your scenario) is going to translate into effective change in the military equation between the two countries.

Having gotten used to a lot of tech-reality story-telling from Vivek Ahuja, I find it may not always be a good thing to bring in the political class while describing special ops or military scenarios (even as a passing mention).

Of course, Shankar is a different story and BR is used to his style of storytelling. Perhaps the threshold is very high for new writers!
biswajit
BRFite -Trainee

Post by biswajit »

Dear all, i would love any suggestion or refinement or correction to make the scenarios more interesting. my email id - biswajit@theedge.co.in
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Biswajit saar
Writing first and last chapters is the most difficult part. If you can visualize and write those parts well, half of the work is finished.
IMHO onlee
UBanerjee wrote:What is the best equivalent of a Tom Clancy style writer from an Indian perspective? That is available from something like Amazon.

Mukul Deva perhaps.
On BRF, Shankar's scenarios resemble Clancy's. On the other hand, I haven't read anybody else writing like Vivek Ahuja.

So many folks start writing, then disappear. Not fair. :-?
ashdivay
BRFite

Post by ashdivay »

i want a tank battle !
abhinavjo
BRFite -Trainee

Post by abhinavjo »

Any Indian author who has written of a full blown war. Recently read Mukul Deva's Lashkar...it was more of a surgical strike and a few things were too good to be true. Anyways if there are books regarding full blown wars then please tell me. I have read Flashpoint which was pretty fine. Any other indian mil fiction?
And vivek ahuja sir is phenomenal the only part being he went off the grid...in my head there is an Arjun tank regiment going towards Ladakh to repel the chinese but it they are stuck there for about a year :oops: :oops:
Nisarga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nisarga »

UBanerjee wrote:What is the best equivalent of a Tom Clancy style writer from an Indian perspective? That is available from something like Amazon.

check this out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_military_fiction
abhinavjo
BRFite -Trainee

Post by abhinavjo »

Any Mainak Dhar fans here? I need some clarification. Is the book 'Line of Control' the same as the book 'Flashpoint'? it seemed to have the same set of characters in it.
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

From Cyclic Blog
http://cyclicstories.blogspot.com/2011/ ... atrol.html

note: Cyclic is an ex-Mi-25 jock ...
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

So, now we have Strategic partnership with Afgans.
Shankar time for you to come back to give Pakistan their two front wars. (wait.. May be three front, if INS wanted to test its new amphibious toys and the air-craft carriers).
bksahu
BRFite -Trainee

Post by bksahu »

is this thread dead??
i request the MODS to intervene IMHO onleee
Yagnasri
BRF Oldie

Post by Yagnasri »

Shakar sir and Vivek MIA for long while. So thread is not active.
Nisarga
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Nisarga »

Any news about Vivek Ahuja's book?
nitinr
BRFite -Trainee

Post by nitinr »

Any members in touch with Vivek Ahuja. Remember he having said of some health problems. Hope all is ok with him. If anybody knows him or can contact him. thanks.