Indian IT Industry

The Technology & Economic Forum is a venue to discuss issues pertaining to Technological and Economic developments in India. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian IT Industry

Post by svinayak »

Subject: First IT jobs went offshore, now they're being automated - TechRepublic

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/fir ... automated/
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

A note from my Org Leader... applies to all industries but posting here so others can benefit.
An idea is not a product. Ideas need to be nurtured and protected as it grows into something that could be a product. Innovation is about finding a safe place for an idea so that it can grow up. That’s what research means to me.

Now there are different of types of research.

So the first type of research is what others are doing in a product that competes with PAKISTAN– competitive research. Like so many things we can now use the internet to watch what others are doing and think about how that would work in a PAKISTAN product. There are rules we have about who can actually play with a competitive product. No developers should but product managers and User Experience folks can. Legal can help answer questions and don’t mind you asking.

The second type of research is doing a literature review. What are academic researchers publishing and how can that be applied in a product we make?

A third type of research is coming up with a new method or idea independent of any one thing you saw or read. This type of innovation happens every day at PAKISTAN and we need to always embrace the innovation and the innovator.

Now, not all innovations will make it into a product but all innovations need to be reviewed by Legal to make sure we can protect the idea with a patent. The process of starting a patent is called an invention disclosure.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

things in Chipzilla have cooled down, maybe because stock is going up, no more halals this year, may be next year?
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

deejay wrote:Sir, its the Law. I think its in the Companies Act (or may be some other).
There is quite a lot of confusion on this. First of all no one is sure under which IT companies work. Is it the Company Act, or the Factories Act? My understanding (may be incorrect) is that the law did not mention whether the 8 hour work day included lunch break. IT Companies assumed that it did NOT. So many IT Majors, Colonels etc. now have a 9 day work day, with one hour for lunch and assorted breaks. Also they say that since IT companies have a 5 day week the extra hour/day should be acceptable :).
Marten wrote:However, that stage cannot be sustained beyond 6 months. We face issues mostly due to lack of expertise or high skills, at both at managerial and developer levels.
When submitting the time lines Indian IT companies generally assume to have the best people available on the project and they would work at their best efficiency level. But when it comes to pricing, they assume that only the cheapest labour would be used. The result of the project is pretty much obvious.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ Sachin Ji, I am no legal person so not very confident of what I write... At XL, our IR prof (marxist- hardcore) had this gripe that the trade union act also covered the IT sector. The work hour is regulated in Companies Act, Shops & Establishment Act, Trade Union Act, Industrial Act etc (Hope I got the names right). The work hour per day is for the 'WORKER' only. All those who are not labeled as 'workers' do not fall under this hours per day regulation.

The definition of worker in trade union act is Sec 2 (J), (K), (S) or 2 jackass as I had memorised (and I write from memory).

The Shops & Establishment Act says an employee can be asked to work for no more than 48 Hrs in any seven days with a continuous twenty four hour break in any 07 day cycle. All additional hours are overtime which has to be logged and paid separately. Any particular 24 hours should not have more than 08 working hours with 01 hour break in between for lunch which shall not be counted in the eight hours.

Such rules with such qualifiers will also apply to IT industry.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Sachin wrote:
deejay wrote:Sir, its the Law. I think its in the Companies Act (or may be some other).
There is quite a lot of confusion on this. First of all no one is sure under which IT companies work. Is it the Company Act, or the Factories Act? My understanding (may be incorrect) is that the law did not mention whether the 8 hour work day included lunch break. IT Companies assumed that it did NOT. So many IT Majors, Colonels etc. now have a 9 day work day, with one hour for lunch and assorted breaks. Also they say that since IT companies have a 5 day week the extra hour/day should be acceptable :).
Marten wrote:However, that stage cannot be sustained beyond 6 months. We face issues mostly due to lack of expertise or high skills, at both at managerial and developer levels.
When submitting the time lines Indian IT companies generally assume to have the best people available on the project and they would work at their best efficiency level. But when it comes to pricing, they assume that only the cheapest labour would be used. The result of the project is pretty much obvious.
Both are non exclusive, companies act is for all companies, does not deal with worker rights, every company has to deal with around 25 different Central and State bodies and acts, from IT and Indirect taxes for Excise, Service tax, Customs, VAT to Local state labour laws to Professional tax collected by Municipal corporations deducted from employee salaries, Factories act, Shops and Establishment act, ESI, PF act, Pollution Control Boards, FEMA requirements etc..

There a huge bribe scene related to all this with labour guys agreeing not to visit any of the Companies, some are impractical, like having a register where everyone signs on a revenue stamp for salary received, talk about salary confidentiality?

While on some days companies can pay 2 days salary and ask employees to work on holidays, it absolutely illegal for Companies to ask someone to work on Aug 15, Oct, 2 and Jan 26, However, most IT companies including MNC's pay 2 day salary and bribe to the official through consultants to keep away from the law. Also most MNC's lease premises from powerful politicians, while public and employees think these properties are owned by these companies. No MNC takes property ownership or long term lease in India.
Sachin
Webmaster BR

Post by Sachin »

deejay wrote:The work hour is regulated in Companies Act, Shops & Establishment Act, Trade Union Act, Industrial Act etc (Hope I got the names right). The work hour per day is for the 'WORKER' only.
Even I am no legal expert. And another scenario I have heard is that IT companies do not define the folks working with them as "workers". They are classified as consultants or contractors or some such stuff. So any rule which apply to a worker may not apply for the IT company employee. Again I feel there is a very big gray area when it comes to labour laws and IT company. From what I heard many states also have given exemptions to IT companies from labour laws (as part of an incentive to setup shop in their states).

The IT employees themselves does not seem to be bothered with all this, perhaps with a better pay and office facilities. Things may only change if IT folks also slowly start facing the same challenges which the factory workers faced in 1950s and 1960s (which led to rise in trade unionism).
Aditya_V wrote:While on some days companies can pay 2 days salary and ask employees to work on holidays, it absolutely illegal for Companies to ask someone to work on Aug 15, Oct, 2 and Jan 26
Correct me if I am wrong. My understanding is that only jobs considered in Essential Services Act (police, railways, public transport, health care etc.) are generally asked to work on such public holidays. Another rule which IT companies used to conviniently ignore was that a holiday had to be given in case of any local public election. Nobody can be denied their right to vote. "Most reputed company" landed in trouble once, and they declared a public holiday the evening prior to the election day. But many people was not aware of this, and landed up at office. With the negative publicity many IT majors & colonels now clearly declare public holiday in advance (and most likely make another saturday a working day).

To sum it up IT companies generally flout any rule which is either ill-defined or ill-enforced. Whether this need to be changed; the employees (and the ruling governments) have to decide.
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Sachin wrote:
deejay wrote:The work hour is regulated in Companies Act, Shops & Establishment Act, Trade Union Act, Industrial Act etc (Hope I got the names right). The work hour per day is for the 'WORKER' only.
Even I am no legal expert. And another scenario I have heard is that IT companies do not define the folks working with them as "workers". They are classified as consultants or contractors or some such stuff. So any rule which apply to a worker may not apply for the IT company employee. Again I feel there is a very big gray area when it comes to labour laws and IT company. From what I heard many states also have given exemptions to IT companies from labour laws (as part of an incentive to setup shop in their states).

The IT employees themselves does not seem to be bothered with all this, perhaps with a better pay and office facilities. Things may only change if IT folks also slowly start facing the same challenges which the factory workers faced in 1950s and 1960s (which led to rise in trade unionism).
Exactly, your thought is what was the gripe of our IR prof. The trade unions see these IT & ITES folks as possible target recruits and the next big trade union and Marxist ideology opportunity. He often said it was a failure on the part of the leftists to recruit IT people into their trade unions because they are convinced, IT guys can be classified as workers. They had some successes in BPO in Mumbai and Pune, as per him.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

'It will be like Gmail or Yahoo': Government creating its own 'hack-proof' email service
The new made-in-India e-mail service will be first rolled out for the use of the Centre, after which it will be extended to all state governments.
The new made-in-India email service will first be rolled out for the use of the Centre, then extended to all state governments.
The new upcoming India-owned Gmaillike- platform is part of an ambitious Digital India programme, of the Narendra Modi government, which would be implemented in a phased manner by 2019.

It is estimated to cost about Rs 1.13 lakh crore.
Going by the cost, it seems this server farm will host data of Aaadhar and other biometric data (police and law records), central archival file system and communication services.
ArmenT
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by ArmenT »

X-posted from Bangladesh news thread. Looks like they're planning to step up into the IT game.
Bangladesh may build world's fifth-biggest data centre in earthquake zone
The Bangladesh Ministry of Information is considering the establishment of a Tier 4 data centre in Kaliakair, in the Gazipur region, an ambitious build which would constitute the fifth largest data centre in the world, if completed.
member_28359
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_28359 »

Hello everyone i have a query although it may be OT but i dont know where else i could ask this question.
I am actually an electronics engineer and have been working in telecom for almost 10 years but recently i decided to learn PHP and move to software.
I have done a crash course of 2 months in a local centre but it has not been very helpful. Can anyone suggest a good book to follow in PHP and MySQL.
hanumadu
BRF Oldie

Post by hanumadu »

dwaipayandhar wrote:Hello everyone i have a query although it may be OT but i dont know where else i could ask this question.
I am actually an electronics engineer and have been working in telecom for almost 10 years but recently i decided to learn PHP and move to software.
I have done a crash course of 2 months in a local centre but it has not been very helpful. Can anyone suggest a good book to follow in PHP and MySQL.
I have never worked on PHP and very little on MySql, but from my experience books by publisher o'reilly books are generally good if not the best for tech subjects. They are usually more detailed and have more depth than others.

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920029335.do

http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920032274.do

Do read the reviews before buying them.
Indian edition of these books may be available too.

Another thing you can do is go to amazon.com and search for php, mysql. See the ratings and read the reviews for books from different publishers.
symontk
BRFite

Post by symontk »

Sachin wrote:

In fact it is more regressive. Actually as per labour directions, the IT company who has contractors in the fold, need not even provide water or rest room facilities for the contract employees. Apart from this contract companies can have regressive restrictions like no mobile phone on the work place etc
Vikas
BRF Oldie

Post by Vikas »

After all is said and done, Most of the IT companies do provide better working environment for its employees. At least I get a AC office, free desk phone, free internet browsing, loose dress code, decent wages, good medical benefit and a drop facility if I stay back in office for work.
Melwyn

Post by Melwyn »

It seems Yahoo India has laid off almost it's entire workforce from India office, save some DevOps people.

http://www.nextbigwhat.com/yahoo-india-layoff-297/

Good thing is that now these developers can be used for building innovative solutions for Indian companies rather than being used for maintenance work for MNCs.
kmkraoind
BRF Oldie

Post by kmkraoind »

Globalfoundries acquires IBMs semiconductor manufacturing business IBM bows out
today’s deal will see IBM pay GlobalFoundries to take the business, with IBM handing over $1.5 billion in cash and working capital to GlobalFoundries in order to entice them to take over the business.
This means GlobalFoundries is acquiring IBM’s existing fabs in Fishkill and Essex Junction, IBM’s engineers and other technical experts outside of their retained R&D division, IBM’s extensive semiconductor patent pool, and their commercial microelectronics (contract manufacturing) business.
If I remember correctly, IBM is lead head in one of two India's proposed silicon foundries, what happens to that proposal.
Rishirishi
BRFite

Post by Rishirishi »

amitkv wrote:It seems Yahoo India has laid off almost it's entire workforce from India office, save some DevOps people.

http://www.nextbigwhat.com/yahoo-india-layoff-297/

Good thing is that now these developers can be used for building innovative solutions for Indian companies rather than being used for maintenance work for MNCs.
Don't know if it is a good thing. Wonder why they choose to shut down?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Another possible hit for Indian IT sector...

IBM Scaling Down India Business
A decade after IBM put India at the core of its global strategy for software services, by building an army of engineers, the company is shedding staff, scaling down investments and even shuffling the top leadership in the country. Already, from around 1.65 lakh employees on its payroll by 2011, IBM's India headcount has now fallen to around 1.13 lakh and set to slide to 1 lakh by March 2015, according to people familiar with the company's plans.

IBM India managing director Vanitha Narayanan, who relocated from the United States in January last year, is planning to return as part of a major organisational rejig. "IBM is looking to rationalise high cost executives assigned across the markets and bring them back to the US," a source said.

"Such executives cost anywhere between $7,00,00 and over $1 million annually, apart from local country market costs," he added. Another person familiar with the developments added that Narayan's possible return to the US has "nothing to do with India performance, but a part of global realignment of senior resources."
As IBM attempts to script another turnaround in over a century of its existence, lowcost software services are no more the silver bullet that helped it come out of "a neardeath experience" in the late nineties. With aggressive disruptors such as Amazon and Google, cloud computing is the new battlefront, threatening models that rely on low-cost labour.

And that explains the shift in IBM's priorities, company insiders said."India is important, but not critical to IBM's survival like the time when Sam Palmisano brought entire board of the company to Bangalore in 2004," said a person familiar with the changes. "Things are looking quite different from 2011 — I now see half-empty floors, paid parking slots and no free coffee at times," said an IBM employee.

Now, software robots from companies such as IPSoft, and IBM's very own Watson, are being applied to automate projects, reducing dependence on engineers and support staff. Already, IBM has an internal project called 'Dynamic Automation' that is aimed at reducing dependency on human engineers by deploying software robots and automation tools.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

it is a trend in every co with the low cost services side hit pretty hard in areas like infrastructure monitoring, provisioning and management.

there are apparently H1 people in US whose job is to go to some facility at a fixed time and turn on power switches. then another set of guys comes in next to monitor the booted up machines.

scripting automation and overlay / stdization / web APIs has led to the development of sw tools that can automate and scale operations which earlier needed humans hours of work.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

+1.

Provisioning/Scaling is all automated. Automation standardises deployment pattern there by aiding in quick recovery in case of failures. It is not much about monitoring now it is all about event driven auto-healing to keep business running.
prahaar
BRF Oldie

Post by prahaar »

In many European countries, there is a trend for jobs getting concentrated at the high-end of technical/education/skill level and at the other end which are labor/manual-intervention based. A large chunk of jobs are disappearing in many sectors. Following is the article I am referring to http://yle.fi/uutiset/middle_income_job ... ng/6827061

Although it is a bit dated, at least in N. Europe the trend mentioned in this article seems to be intensifying rather than reducing. Do these trends provide opportunity or even greater challenge for Bharat?
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

I am surprised. India is still low cost. Why are these companies scaling back?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

its not that low cost once you factor in higher office lease, DG gensets, transport, water, subsidized food, higher attrition, training ...
KJo
BRF Oldie

Post by KJo »

If that is so, why aren't market forces acting to bring down salaries, raises and bonuses? I heard that companies still have to pay 7%-15% otherwise people leave. Here in the US we hardly get anything, so that kind of raise/bonus is not sustainable, so I would think that that time has come in India. So that should act as a damper against house prices and other things also.
Is that happening in India? As per economics, it should.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Big companies like IBM or Yahoo which mostly opened shops due to just cheap labor are winding down in India where as locals like snapdeal/flipkart/myntra still pay insane amount of money to attract talent.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Flipkart and Snapdeal are actually good for Indian IT scene, their product information module engines are pretty slick . I have heard Flipkart has bought office space for at least 3000 people in one of the IT parks near Marathahalli ORR stretch .
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

Vrindavan tech village now with embassy. Supposedly upto 25000 seat build to suit deal. Lot of vacant land in that sez.
But fkart has only 800 in sw dev now. I think they have moved to a mantri building near sakra hospital opp Intel on orr recently.
Kmangala might be exec nd mkting office still.

A class of indian first and second line managers who did not perform well is also in picture why work onshored.
Blame lies on parent side as well partially not giving enough new work to sustain teams properly.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

^ Imagine the mess in front of Ecospace IT park after above gets operational and ORR becoming Suranjandas road II :evil:
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

IBM will loose even more business in coming 5-10 years . Those who are in Enterprise software product development side would know that days of selling multi million dollar enterprise licenses are gone or at least such deals have become pretty rare and the industry is moving towards subscription based SW consumption , in fact such has been the disruption caused by the SaaS model that even platform vendors like EMC , Netapp and HP are forced to reform their selling model. Now likes of VMware are trying to move some components of the Network stack into the SW realm and in a way trying to bite a portion of the pie which is Cisco's.

This year likes of Oracle, SAP and Tibco all registered a huge dip in terms of new license sales , companies like SFDC and others who have been early adopters of the subscription model are doing well. In near future we shall see a lot of SW vendors tweak their product portfolio and the way it will be sold to the business , system integrators aka Indian IT services companies will have to also undergo a change because under the subscription model a lot of the support will be retained by the OEM vendor itself and in absence of huge license deals > no requirement for a big on premise data center there will not be a need for a big team of System and DB administrators to be kept on rolls.

The big fish are feeling the pinch so they will now start vying for contracts and deals which were earlier not considered due to thinner margins.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

negi wrote:^ Imagine the mess in front of Ecospace IT park after above gets operational and ORR becoming Suranjandas road II :evil:
any reasonable govt would look into the service roads, main road widths and signals before giving out permits right and left for IT parks.

all the big IT parks needed dedicated underpasses and ramps to get into and off ORR which itself should be 6 lanes wide - each way.

but I am dreaming here.

the road behind cisco to sarjapur road is a unimaginable lunar landscape at present, with potholes even buses are cautious with.....but apts and offices are being built right and left in that 'booming new hotspot' :rotfl: :oops: even it rains it becomes ponds, with hidden vertical drops of upto 8 inches depth into the abyss...only seasoned veterans know the shoals and can guide galleons across the reefs and breakers into safe harbour.

meantime there is no sign after 10 yrs of the PRR that was supposed to encircle blr in the east decongest ORR.

we are watching a tragedy unfold at full speed. this would happen in no other country - not america, not malaysia, not singapore, not even in sudan.

people are busy taking their cut on building permits, transport contracts, water tankers, property taxes, road contracts, catering contracts, security agencies, flat registrations, road taxes....like Moby Dick in the southern oceans, a great fleet of wheeler dealers is chasing the mythical beast across the seas until it gives up and finally dies.
partha
BRF Oldie

Post by partha »

I remember traveling on ORR when it was newly built. There was just one building. That of Intel. The whole road end to end was deserted with one or two vehicles here and there. Nowadays it is a traffic hellhole. Bangalore needs to grow vertically. Around ORR acres and acres of agricultural land is now home to concrete buildings of IT companies. Why Cisco needs to build 5 or 6 buildings with 4 stories each? Why not one building with 30 to 40 floors? All companies on ORR could be accommodated in a cluster of 10 to 20 very tall skyscrapers. Imagine how much land could have been saved for broader roads and other infrastructure.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

>> Bangalore needs to grow vertically.
>> Why Cisco needs to build 5 or 6 buildings with 4 stories each?

even if land is saved, you really cannot build wider roads, proper service roads, merge lanes, underpasses without the money and political command to see it done.

gurgaon seemed more vertical to me last I was there briefly, yet its internal traffic is said to be a mess.

nobody in the political class is interested because they live in lavish govt bungalows in proper residential areas and vidhana soudha is a short ride away.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

ORR still has some empty stretch left between Cisco and Embassy tech village , I am sure they will build something there soon. RMZ too has built IT space on the road leading to Adarsh villas and apartments there . Before PRR even comes up Prestige has Lakeside habitat coming up on a 100+ acre area near Varthur lake so gobermund is already playing catch up there.
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

KJo wrote:If that is so, why aren't market forces acting to bring down salaries, raises and bonuses? I heard that companies still have to pay 7%-15% otherwise people leave. Here in the US we hardly get anything, so that kind of raise/bonus is not sustainable, so I would think that that time has come in India. So that should act as a damper against house prices and other things also.
Sir in US there is hardly any inflation in my 5 year tenure there I never saw prices increase more than a few cents here or there . Here there is a flat 10-20% increase in prices of essential commodities every year. I used to pay USD 900 as rent for a small condo in 2007 in US when I RTI'd in 2012 I was paying 1100 for a similar unit . In India I was paying INR 16k as rent in 2012 today I am paying INR 25k. :)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

that empty stretch belongs to new horizon inst which has everything from mba to btech.

RMZ inside adarsh is coming up at amazing speed. one gigantic building is already operational. the other one is coming up fast. the space between them will no doubt have more buildings to pack in 25000 more 'seats' and 'resources' as managers refer to people.

about the onlee thing safe from builders claws is the lake behind honeywell which is Govt property. its leased to local 'influential' gent whose men catch fish from a coracle there occasionally for sale.
the other untouchable is the WIPRO campus which has a electrified fence and one can see several villas behind their main towers. apparently the founder lives there but not sure who else is in the other villas. its a quiet low key kind of villa area...not the pomp and show of others....whales do not need to make a statement either with house or car.
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

infosys unit's overbilling Apple led to exit of top executives: sources
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/infosys-u ... 49604.html
Reuters) - Indian outsourcing major Infosys Ltd's back-office services unit was overcharging Apple Inc, leading to the exit of top executives, two senior Infosys people said on Thursday.Infosys, India's second-largest IT services exporter, said on Tuesday it had fired Abraham Mathews, chief financial officer of its Infosys BPO unit, for failure to comply with the company's code of conduct.
Infosys BPO chief executive officer Gautam Thakkar resigned on "moral grounds" and would leave the company on Nov. 30, Infosys said. It did not give details about the charges against Mathews.Infosys spokeswoman Sarah Gideon said the company would not comment further on the confidential investigations."The financial irregularities are not material in nature and the company has already made required disclosures. The company has taken disciplinary action on employees," she said in an email. Apple did not immediately respond to an email sent outside business hours seeking comment.The irregularities in Infosys BPO's dealings with Apple came out during an internal audit, said one of the people at Infosys, who declined to be named as he was not authorized to speak to the media.
Though the audit showed that the financial impact of the wrongdoing on the company was minimal, Infosys decided to take a tough stance to demonstrate its "zero-tolerance policy for any improper conduct," he said.The Economic Times newspaper on Thursday said Infosys would soon fire at least six more employees at the unit, after investigations revealed that they had produced inflated invoices and allegedly overbilled Apple for many months.Infosys earlier this year brought in Vishal Sikka as its new CEO to chart a new strategy for the company, once a trend-setter for India's more than $100 billion IT outsourcing industry. Infosys has struggled in recent years to retain staff and market share.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Anyone known whats going on in Sutherland velachery branch , seems to have gone quiet there, dont even see cabs come and go out of that place much these days
Sridhar K
BRFite

Post by Sridhar K »

Krishnan
Sutherland has another facility in DLF Manapakkam. Perhaps they have shifted out?
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

could be, i only see 2 securities there, place seems to be deserted
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

imo the indian IT industry is headed for a big shrinkage esp the KPO/BPO/remote infra management part. the number of people (lakhs) I see trooping through just the ORR daily is way more than the total number of ITvity workers in the silicon valley.

problem is this second set is always coming up with ways to automate and reduce manpower costs and hence controlling the situation.