BR App- Discussion Thread

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

BR App- Discussion Thread

Post by Dilbu »

This is a thread to discuss about creating an app for BRF. Android or any other platform. Join in and give your inputs.
Dilbu
BRF Oldie

Re: BR App- Discussion Thread

Post by Dilbu »

Will it show the burqa dhaga?
Gus
BRF Oldie

Post by Gus »

Read Later/ offline reading - is a must for me.
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Request consider Pulse type format (also available with ipads)

http://www.pulse.me/products/#/android

Here the user chooses whatever he wants to access.

E.g., one user want access to only Naval News/Discussion, Nature Conservation, Indian Economy, Benis and Nukkad Dhaga. Here the user will select only these from the 'choice' menu -where all the threads will be available as in Pulse, Once he selects the above, only these thread will be displayed on Mobile/Tablet.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

I don't want it to take too much space. Say under 2MB size.
Vashishtha
BRFite

Post by Vashishtha »

Do we really need an app for brf? One can view the website and post hassle-free on even the most basic mobile web-browsers...
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

^Yes, we need a BRF app, even if we can view the website and post hassle-free on the most basic mobile web-browsers...

:P
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

Gus wrote:Read Later/ offline reading - is a must for me.
+72
abhischekcc
BRF Oldie

Post by abhischekcc »

What would really work is automatic updates (real time or close to it), for specific threads.

In this, once we select a thread, it will download the existing posts, and store and display them, with the latest post being shown at the top. When someone makes a new post, the thread will be automatically updated, with the latest post on top again.

This would remove the need to load the whole thread all the time just to view one post. And it would be cheaper too (SDRE bania mind at work).

This way we get two benefits - storing a thread for later viewing, as well as ontime updates of the discussions.

This is something similar to the gmail App in Android.
James B
BRF Oldie

Post by James B »

Actually, making an app for the forum from the scratch can be difficult and needs full time attention. And this exercise seems futile given that there are solutions that already exist.

Simply install free Tapatalk application on BRF and install tapatalk apps on your smartphones and everything is automatically taken care of. The app is available on iPhone, Android and Blackberry for a small cost of $3.

http://www.tapatalk.com/
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Marten wrote:James B, please check the Forum Feedback thread for the conversation related to tapatalk. If using it is not possible, wouldn't an app make more sense?
Making an app will take a lot of time. I don't think anyone has that kind of free time. Tapatalk supports phpBB on which BRF runs. I guess the problem is getting in touch with whoever it is who has access to the BRF's deployment environment and the permissions to make changes there. I'm guessing it is Seetal.
girish.r
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by girish.r »

Always wanted an app for this forum. Easy on the go. :)
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

More than an app a forum software upgrade is much dire need IMHO. Keypubs forum opens in mobile mode from phones and it is superb.