Re: Narendra Modi vs the Dynasty: Contrasting Ideas of India

Post by Vayutuvan »

Sidd I think you are right.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

To add to Sanku, what is RW?

Folks dont make up your own acronyms as they increase bandwidth by increasing posts asking for the meaning, not to mention rise Admin BP wondering if somebody is being badnaamed!
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

im reading BRF since long yet do not get acronym, i suggest we write proper full language
tomorrow Modi is appearing on ABPnews ghoshnapatra live, pls do not miss.
Except NDTV, CNNIBN Newshour he will appear on every channels
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

matrimc wrote:Sidd I think you are right.
you left him thinking right
IndraD
BRF Oldie

Post by IndraD »

I saw entire thing on Zee TV
MMJoshi got irked when asked what he has to say on
Joshi to majboori hai Modi hi zaroori hai by Kanpur BJP cadres?
Why there are ads re abki baar BJP sarkar and not modi sarkar when whole India is chanting Modi mantra
he lost cool and asked for footage
he also threatened Sumit Awasthi of Zee news that he won't be able to leave studio as this area belongs to him
he came across as loser
at 80yrs age he could have handled this w maturity
bad for BJP at this hour
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

This is an utterly mean-spirited and spiteful article about Modi. However, I enjoyed reading it in its entirety. Like the Viswanathan article, there's a huge amount of cognitive dissonance in the press, now that Modi has changed tactics and become extremely accessible to them, as opposed to the past when he kept them at arms length.

Note the tone of the articles ? One goes into his home portraying it as a visit to the Fuhrerbunker, and desperately looks around for the signs of validation that'll enable her to connect everything she's read and written about the man with reality, but cannot find them. 'Where's the overt Hindutvawadi ?' 'Where's the dictator we all know Modi is ?'

Ditto for Viswanathan in Deccan Chronicle. The Modi visible to him now cannot possibly by the real Modi to him, because for all this while he's been portrayed as something else - someone far more evil and sinister. 'Clearly he's wearing a mask for us.'

I foresee a cottage industry of nutjobs in search of their own aliens and UFOs of Area 51 - 'the real face of Modi' . 'How can this spartan quiet person be Modi ? He looks like my neighbor. This can't possibly be right! There's another side somewhere.' These people will be on an eternal hunt for some form of validation of their own artificial constructs. Some will finally give up and realize they were wrong all along, and become fervent fans. The rest will continue to distinguish themselves with their defiant burial of their collective heads in the sand.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Suraj, I don't think the ANI lady's article is at the same level as the DC one. she seems to be sarcastic while making those comments and IIRC has been quite pro-modi in her tweet a/c.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

^this is my thought.. if the a-priori data on modi as presidential pm exists..

collective heads in the sand not,
working heads to convert the sand it shall be.

modi is poised to drive even the nut-cases to work for the bigger game.
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Rahul M wrote:Suraj, I don't think the ANI lady's article is at the same level as the DC one. she seems to be sarcastic while making those comments and IIRC has been quite pro-modi in her tweet a/c.
If she's really pro-Modi and just trying to demonstrate that he's not the evil ogre he's made out to be, I wish she'd done it very differently from how she did it. Read in isolation without any prior knowledge about her, the article comes across as laughably dissonant. Perhaps she has a reason to do so, in order to drive home the point to some that he's not really what everyone thought he was, in which case it's a useful tone for that audience. But the rest of us are likely to misinterpret it.
pankajs
BRF Oldie

Post by pankajs »

ABP News ‏@abpnewstv 18m

FIR registered against Praveen Togadiya at B Div Police station at Bhavnagar under IPC Section 153-a, 153-b and 188.
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

SC asking govt why is it that only Hindu laws are changed only?

jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

how long does 543.in activation take ?
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Rahul M wrote:how long does 543.in activation take ?
It took me less than a minute. Then I sit heer in massaland and registered 10 days ago.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

still giving me the protected content page. how would I know ? do they send an email ?
Hari Seldon
BRF Oldie

Post by Hari Seldon »

RaGa comedy show tomorrow at 9pm on etv.

sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

Rahul M wrote:still giving me the protected content page. how would I know ? do they send an email ?
Send tweet to prasannavishy. He seems to be fixing login issues at 543 on his TL
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Jamwal: Who is that?
rajithn
BRFite

Post by rajithn »

saip wrote:Jamwal: Who is that?
NaMo. Obviously. :) Without his beard.
sivab
BRFite

Post by sivab »

NaMo in 1990's
member_28108
BRFite

Post by member_28108 »

Rahul M wrote:still giving me the protected content page. how would I know ? do they send an email ?
Try to log in or else contact @Prasannavishy through twitter he will help. You can also tweet @5forty3 and give your payumoney transcaaction number. Have you activated the payment ?
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Yes, I got an email. Sirjee, if you dare :D , you can remind him gently via Twitter. I have seen several people doing that and Dr.Patil's responses have been civil.
SwamyG
BRF Oldie

Post by SwamyG »

IndraD wrote:im reading BRF since long yet do not get acronym, i suggest we write proper full language
tomorrow Modi is appearing on ABPnews ghoshnapatra live, pls do not miss.
Except NDTV, CNNIBN Newshour he will appear on every channels
Make hay while the Sun shines. Every week he has to give 3 interviews to local channels. It is not going to be an overkill. For example, an interview say in Kerala or TN will travel only so much. An interview in Bihar or Gujarat will travel only so much distance. The locals get to see him and hear his opinions. And these speeches will make news. So the karaykartas need to be tuned and ready to go.

Use Social and Vernacular Media. Time to coin a new term SVM. or Social and Regional Media - SRM. SRM is a what modern marketing gurus would call micro-targeting. I wrote about it earlier: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 2#p1536072
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Frederic ji: missing your updates on TN calling :)

Can you plz check your email - any chance you can join the concall tonight (US time)?

Thanks
member_28502
BRFite

Post by member_28502 »

Tera Mera Pyaar Amar, Phir Kyon Mujhako Lagata Hai Dar

Khushiyon Ka Ye Silasila, Aise Hi Chala Chale
Tujhako Dekhun, Dekhun Jidhar, Phir Kyon Mujh Ko Lagata Hai Dar
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

Having been out of the country for decades have never seen Modi without his beard!
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

RahulM: did you create your own login id & password? The website has confusing options. If you choose "Subscrbe", it lets you create login credentials & then pay. If you choose "Angel Support" drop-down from the menu, it takes you directly to PayPal page. I ended up waiting for my login credentials to arrive by email but it never did

I then went to the website & created login. I also DM'ed Prasanna Vishy and he fixed it. I gave him the feedback that the Angel drop-down and Subscription should behave the same way. It hasnt been fixed yet
Atri
BRF Oldie

Post by Atri »

Klaus wrote:Question to Atri ji & Brihaspati ji, is Poonam Mahajan a suitable future candidate for the chair in case NM is to be 'shielded' in a certain manner in order that the leadership can be effectively camouflaged during certain crisis?

There's only a couple of female candidates, both of them climbing the ladder who appear to have the needed 'gumption' to pull it off, & no Sushma Swaraj is not one of them.
Poonam is good but has baggage of munde and her father and chutiya brother. Munde is her strength.

Smriti is good. Vasundhara raje too.
amol
BRFite -Trainee

Post by amol »

:rotfl:
Frederic
BRFite

Post by Frederic »

Prem Kumar wrote:Frederic ji: missing your updates on TN calling :)

Can you plz check your email - any chance you can join the concall tonight (US time)?

Thanks

PremKumar, sorry. Forgot to update during the weekend:

Here is the gist:

*Have called about 100 people so far.

*Most of the people in my list happen to be TamBrams. One could easily identify using the name and the Tamil idiom/ dialect.

*I would say among TamBrams in South Chennai, there is almost 100% support for Modi. Some thoughts / analysis on this statement.

* TamBrams in Chennai would never vote for that scoundrel MuKa. His anti-bram rhetoric and venomous vitriol have soured the relationship beyond repair.
* Madras TamBrams usually go for JayaLalitha because she is a) a Brahmim herself and b) seen as the lesser of two necessary evils.
* BJP would usually get the short shrift because the prevailing sentiment before TsuNamo was that BJP is going to lose anyways, so why waste the vote on a lame horse?
* This time, the fact that JJ has started pouring scorn and ridicule on NaMo has not gone well with the TamBrams. Looks like they are switching en masse to Modi camp.

*About the BJP candidate in S Chennai, he is a bit infirm healthwise. Don't want to disclose too much.

*About the other communities, I can attest that Modi is on everyone's tongue and mindspace. Have never witnessed this phenomenon before.

*I have spoken to housewives, auto wallahs, newspaper reporters, political analysts etc etc. Some of them are, how to put it, ...Modi fanatics.
They are declaring that they will drag the whole apartment complex to the polls to vote for NaMo.

*JJ has been definitely rattled. This unprecedented support seems to have got under her skin. Recall that she is a very haughty, megolomaniac and vindictive person.
Plus she has a good feel for the ground realities through the TamilNadu police intelligence network. Looks like the inputs Amma is receiving are definitely not improving madam's mood.

*It is a bonanza time for two bit scoundrels like "Gapten" and "Daaktar Aiyya". All are riding the NaMo wave. These jokers need to be neutralized as viable political powers in TamilNadu after the
polls. But it is a discussion for another day.
gandharva
BRF Oldie

Post by gandharva »

sivab wrote:
NaMo in 1990's
May be in early 80s. I have seen Modi from 3 feet distance in 1991, he had that beard.
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Thanks much Fred-ji. Got your email as well.

The only worrying feedback about TN is that the anti-Jaya sentiment seems to be benefiting DMK (one can argue that they are benefiting even more than NDA). Plus the Muslim vote might swing the DMK way, given that they view Jaya as a post-poll Modi partner

Lets talk tonight
rgsrini
BRFite

Post by rgsrini »

Frederic wrote:Madras TamBrams usually go for JayaLalitha because she is a) a Brahmim herself and b) seen as the lesser of two necessary evils.
Saar. People haven't also forgotten that JJ arrested Sankaracharayaji with a vengence. It caused them (especially Tam Brams, but certainly affected the entire Hindu community) a lot of pain and hurt them too close to their belief system. There is a strong feeling in TN that the arrest was a conspiracy by Sonia in collaboration with JJ to discredit Hinduism. BJP needs to remind people of this as well.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Fred, any juice on thailava getting in or ramping up the mother of all melts?

rgsrini++ .. that is something blood boiler!
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

As far as I am concerned, the legacy of MMS is one warning and one ban :((
Prem Kumar
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem Kumar »

Fred-ji: emailed you about the Bihar volunteer. Can you plz let me know if my suggestion works? Otherwise, have to think of something else. Thanks
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Prem Kumar, Those lists you are handing out are they already committed folks or is it cold calling the voters? If its the later then Frederic and others can tally the yeses and nos to have your own big sample survey?
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

I think all these numbers are cold calls.

If those numbers are to be the basis, Modi will get 2/3 majority :D

Its kind of scary when you talk to these real people, the TsuNaMo is pleasantly overwhelming.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

RamaY wrote:As far as I am concerned, the legacy of MMS is one warning and one ban :((
:lol:
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

Rahul M wrote:
RamaY wrote:As far as I am concerned, the legacy of MMS is one warning and one ban :((
:lol:
Which makes you poorer than me RamaY ji.

MMS has given me richer dividends.