Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Delivered!!

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sam_kamath
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Delivered!!

Post by sam_kamath »

Tejas_SP wrote:A small clarification please,

Since we started out by collecting money for buying Quick Clots to improve the odds of survival of our Jawans and Officers. Is the Army committed to using the money for the said purpose? Or, will the Army use it for purposes it feels is best use of the money?
sam_kamath wrote:
sunilUpa wrote:Great!

Raja Saar..any success with 'remaining amount'?
This was a great exercise... makes every Indian proud...
however whats the remaining amount this dude is talking about...

also why round 1 are we still collecting money for round 2?

can the High and Mighty please care to explain...

Itna Sannata kyun hai Bhai.....I usually get a quick response :-) ...
has the high and mighty janta decided to take maun vrat on these silly questions..
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

RBose,George ,Rajiv : Thank you guys for all the hard efforts you put in to make it a success. I’m so happy that we were able to pull through finally.
Also, thanks to Mandeep singh ji for making it a successful ceremony.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Re: Buying Quick Clot Kits For Our Jawans - A Humble Proposal

Post by sunilUpa »

sam_kamath wrote:
sunilUpa wrote:Great!

Raja Saar..any success with 'remaining amount'?
This was a great exercise... makes every Indian proud...
however whats the remaining amount this dude is talking about...

also why round 1 are we still collecting money for round 2?

can the High and Mighty please care to explain...
'Dude'? :shock:

Every contributor did receive detailed email about the 'remaining' amount.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

No we are not collecting any more money for Round 2. Round 2 will comprise of the amount remaining from the donations already collected. Further details will be provided once pics etc. arrive from Mandeep and Round 1 is officially declared closed.

@sunilUpa: We are waiting for the full report from Mandeep after he returns home - feedback, pics, lessons learnt etc. before we figure out the next course of action. All donors will be kept informed via email.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

Everyone who has contributed to this effort and NOT received any sort of updates in all these months is obviously not on the donor mailing list. Raja has put in a LOT of effort meticulously tabulating -all donors, modes of payments and amount contributed.

If you have contributed to this effort and this is the first time you are hearing about the remaining amount/round 2 you need to get in touch with Raja Bose immediately. You will need to have your check details or date of paypal payments handy for RB to help you out. Based on the responses we receive the donor list will be updated and updated "remaining amount" figures will be sent to the donor list.

Till then we will wait for Mandeep's updates.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Tejas_SP wrote:A small clarification please,

Since we started out by collecting money for buying Quick Clots to improve the odds of survival of our Jawans and Officers. Is the Army committed to using the money for the said purpose? Or, will the Army use it for purposes it feels is best use of the money?
The Army has been requested to use the money for QuikClots however, as donors we do not have any say in the final use of the funds - one cannot have strings attached to the donation. They will use it as they see fit. However, one of reasons why we donated direct to a specific outfit such as the Jat Regiment which has RR units affiliated to it, is to ensure that the probability of the funds being used for QuikClots/other life saving equipment in COIN is much higher (than for example, if we donated to the general Army Welfare Fund - which we would have done if all other avenues had failed). Moreover Mandeep did the advance groundwork of getting in touch with and informing their senior officers (incld. the Colonel of the regiment, who also received the check) why we were donating the funds so that at least it is on their radar. Rest is out of our hands.
kidoman
BRFite

Post by kidoman »

Great work guys...
Really proud to be part of such a great forum..
jai Hind..
Tejas_SP
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Tejas_SP »

Thank you Raja saheb. The only reason I asked was that, when I mentioned our effort to my buddy who's a Major saheb(he is soon beginning his RR tenure), he told that in order to ensure the money was used for the said purpose(and not for say infrastructure improvement, which will still be good use of the money) we should have put on paper the reason for donating the money. That way whoever is responsible has in his sight the objective. It is good that this was taken care of from the beginning. Thanks again.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^ Yes the request for using it for QuikClots was put on paper - as part of the cover letter to the JRC commandant.
George J
BRFite

Post by George J »

In the letter accompanying the check we wrote:The motivation behind collection of funds for this donation effort came from reading accounts of Indian Army jawans (especially in the Rashtriya Rifle units) facing a severe lack of blood clotting hemostatic agents such as QuikClot and Celox. Hence, we would like to request the Jat Regimental Center to use the donated funds towards purchase of appropriate life-saving hemostatic agents (as approved for use by the Indian Army) and providing the same to our jawans on the frontlines who are battling for India’s freedom day and night, often at the peril of their lives.
Everyone on the validated donor list should have received the cover letter and all other documents (copy of the check, donation card etc) as soon as the check was FedEx to India.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

I am not involved with this, but I will try my best to see it is used for Quickclot.

I cannot assure results!

I have given Raja Bose, Sajjan Dutta's tele no. he should use that to put pressure from the media since Datta is a Defence Correspondence of Telegraph.

Give me the details of the money sent and how presented and I will badger Dutta!
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

UPDATE: I spoke to Mandeep today and he said that he has received the picture CD from JRC and is going to post the pictures in the next 24 hours. So keep watching this thread.

Ray sir, Your offer for assistance is much appreciated. I will contact you shortly via email.
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Good for Mandeep!
Mandeep
BRFite

Post by Mandeep »

The brief I received from the coordinators of the BRF initiative on Quicklot kits was to negotiate and arrange the donation of the equipment to a suitable formation or Regiment/Corps of the IA. After discussions I approached the Jat Regiment through its Colonel of the Regiment and Centre Commandant. They were enthusiastic but needed time to evolve a suitable via media. The problem was that the Regt was unsure about how to go about the whole business. They were used to receiving donations from their regimental officers and ex-servicemen. Dealing with a civilian NGO of sorts was a new experience, therefore they needed to get clearance from their higher formation as well as AHQ. The permissions and clearances as well as discussions took up a considerable amount of time.

In the meantime the coordinators had decided that rather than donating the kits it would be preferable to give money in the form of a cheque/draft to the Regimental Centre and leave them to decide on the matter of procuring the equipment. Just as well since my detailed discussions with officers of the Directorate General of Medical Services (Army) including Maj Gen Mandeep Singh who deals with the subject had revealed that the Army Medical Corps (AMC) was not inclined to approve the induction of the kits on technical and medical grounds. Since the casualties were to be evacuated to AMC hospitals this would’ve led to unnecessary controversies leading to a failure in our objective i.e. troops’ welfare.

I therefore took up the case with the Jat Regt in the changed scenario. It was specified that the money donated with such generosity by BRF members in a spirit of patriotism was to be used by the Jat Regimental Centre for any kind of welfare measure for the troops in any way they liked. If that meant procurement of life-saving kits all the better. But they were to be the final arbiters of how the money was to be used. To avoid any controversy the JRC sought due permission from their higher formation, HQ Uttar Bharat (UB) Area. The Colonel of the Jat Regiment, Lt Gen BS Nagal, CinC, Strategic Forces Command sought the views of the highest dealing authority on the subject in the Army, the Adjutant General (AG) at AHQ.
Meanwhile upon my posting the matter in this thread, it was agreed by BRF that the donation should take place during the 4-yearly Reunion of the Jat Regiment which was to be held at the Centre at Bareilly between 17th and 21st November 2009. This involved a further delay but also meant that a large number of serving soldiers and ex-servicemen would be able to witness the event. On BRF this was perceived as the realisation of our primary objective, the upliftment of soldiers’ morale.
The AG had ruled that the donation should be routed through a regimental officer so as to avoid any controversy, since this was to be a test case as much for them as it was for us. In pursuance of the objectives of the project I agreed. This was done to circumvent any problem arising because of the fact that the donators were NRIs, some of them being PIOs. Sensibilities of the Army on this account had to be taken into account. The stage was now set for the culmination of the project.

The presentation was done on Thu, 19th Nov 2009 at the Regimental Special Sainik Sammelan held at the Bakshi Parade Ground (named after Lt Gen Bakshi Joginder Singh, ex-Colonel of the Jat Regiment who was awarded the MVC while in command of 340 Mountain Brigade in the capture of Bogra during the 1971 Bangladesh Campaign – he was also present) on Thursday, 19th November. In line with the AG’s decision and the traditions of Sainik Sammelans (earlier called Durbars) the cheque along with its poster was presented by my father, Maj Gen KS Bajwa, an ex-officer of the 3rd Battalion, on behalf of BRF. The audience consisted of around 3,000 serving soldiers, recruits and ex-servicemen. In addition to the Jat Regiment there were officers and men from affiliated regiments/corps like INS Trishul (affiliated to the Regt earlier this year), 65 and 98 Field Regiments, (the only two 100% Jat composition units in the Regiment of Artillery), 42 Armoured Regiment, affiliated units of the Rashtriya Rifles (RR), TA and the Grenadiers (affiliated to the Regt since the 20s and 30s when both regiments shared a common Training Battalion). There was loud applause by all.

I was subsequently approached by many officers, JCOs and ORs, both serving and retired at later functions like the Barakhana, band concert and the Regimental Dinner Night to express their gratitude over the donation. My reply was, ‘I’m merely the facilitator, and you really need to thank the dozens of patriotic Indians who have donated money out of sheer nationalism and a desire to express their affection for the Armed Forces in general and the Jat Regiment in particular.’
That brings down the curtain on the project. My recommendation to all of you is to keep the programme going and thereby contribute to the strengthening of national security. More importantly I would strongly recommend that a case be taken up at the highest level in the Army to allow BRF to fully participate in such endeavours on its own. For the present this was an ad hoc arrangement undertaken because frankly neither we nor the Army was quite sure about how to go about the whole business, this being a novel effort. Such a permanent arrangement would allow BRF members and other patriotic Indians to participate fully in such projects.

Your effort has gone down very well with the Army and the Jat Regt. My commendations to all who contributed to the project. My sincere thanks to the coordinators and all those who contributed to the success of the programme by giving of their valuable time and money. It was a privilege to be associated with this very noble effort and I feel honoured to have been able to do something for the Indian Jawan and this great Regiment which has given so much to the nation.
My apologies for the time delay in posting this report. The inordinate delay experienced in receiving the pictures of the presentation ceremony is to blame. I received them on Saturday and will post them here tomorrow.

JAT BALWAN ! JAI BHAGWAN !!
JA HIND !!
RayC
BRF Oldie

Post by RayC »

Mandeep wrote:The brief I received from the coordinators of the BRF initiative on Quicklot kits was to negotiate and arrange the donation of the equipment to a suitable formation or Regiment/Corps of the IA. After discussions I approached the Jat Regiment through its Colonel of the Regiment and Centre Commandant. They were enthusiastic but needed time to evolve a suitable via media. The problem was that the Regt was unsure about how to go about the whole business. They were used to receiving donations from their regimental officers and ex-servicemen. Dealing with a civilian NGO of sorts was a new experience, therefore they needed to get clearance from their higher formation as well as AHQ. The permissions and clearances as well as discussions took up a considerable amount of time.

In the meantime the coordinators had decided that rather than donating the kits it would be preferable to give money in the form of a cheque/draft to the Regimental Centre and leave them to decide on the matter of procuring the equipment. Just as well since my detailed discussions with officers of the Directorate General of Medical Services (Army) including Maj Gen Mandeep Singh who deals with the subject had revealed that the Army Medical Corps (AMC) was not inclined to approve the induction of the kits on technical and medical grounds. Since the casualties were to be evacuated to AMC hospitals this would’ve led to unnecessary controversies leading to a failure in our objective i.e. troops’ welfare.

I therefore took up the case with the Jat Regt in the changed scenario. It was specified that the money donated with such generosity by BRF members in a spirit of patriotism was to be used by the Jat Regimental Centre for any kind of welfare measure for the troops in any way they liked. If that meant procurement of life-saving kits all the better. But they were to be the final arbiters of how the money was to be used. To avoid any controversy the JRC sought due permission from their higher formation, HQ Uttar Bharat (UB) Area. The Colonel of the Jat Regiment, Lt Gen BS Nagal, CinC, Strategic Forces Command sought the views of the highest dealing authority on the subject in the Army, the Adjutant General (AG) at AHQ.
Meanwhile upon my posting the matter in this thread, it was agreed by BRF that the donation should take place during the 4-yearly Reunion of the Jat Regiment which was to be held at the Centre at Bareilly between 17th and 21st November 2009. This involved a further delay but also meant that a large number of serving soldiers and ex-servicemen would be able to witness the event. On BRF this was perceived as the realisation of our primary objective, the upliftment of soldiers’ morale.
The AG had ruled that the donation should be routed through a regimental officer so as to avoid any controversy, since this was to be a test case as much for them as it was for us. In pursuance of the objectives of the project I agreed. This was done to circumvent any problem arising because of the fact that the donators were NRIs, some of them being PIOs. Sensibilities of the Army on this account had to be taken into account. The stage was now set for the culmination of the project.

The presentation was done on Thu, 19th Nov 2009 at the Regimental Special Sainik Sammelan held at the Bakshi Parade Ground (named after Lt Gen Bakshi Joginder Singh, ex-Colonel of the Jat Regiment who was awarded the MVC while in command of 340 Mountain Brigade in the capture of Bogra during the 1971 Bangladesh Campaign – he was also present) on Thursday, 19th November. In line with the AG’s decision and the traditions of Sainik Sammelans (earlier called Durbars) the cheque along with its poster was presented by my father, Maj Gen KS Bajwa, an ex-officer of the 3rd Battalion, on behalf of BRF. The audience consisted of around 3,000 serving soldiers, recruits and ex-servicemen. In addition to the Jat Regiment there were officers and men from affiliated regiments/corps like INS Trishul (affiliated to the Regt earlier this year), 65 and 98 Field Regiments, (the only two 100% Jat composition units in the Regiment of Artillery), 42 Armoured Regiment, affiliated units of the Rashtriya Rifles (RR), TA and the Grenadiers (affiliated to the Regt since the 20s and 30s when both regiments shared a common Training Battalion). There was loud applause by all.

I was subsequently approached by many officers, JCOs and ORs, both serving and retired at later functions like the Barakhana, band concert and the Regimental Dinner Night to express their gratitude over the donation. My reply was, ‘I’m merely the facilitator, and you really need to thank the dozens of patriotic Indians who have donated money out of sheer nationalism and a desire to express their affection for the Armed Forces in general and the Jat Regiment in particular.’
That brings down the curtain on the project. My recommendation to all of you is to keep the programme going and thereby contribute to the strengthening of national security. More importantly I would strongly recommend that a case be taken up at the highest level in the Army to allow BRF to fully participate in such endeavours on its own. For the present this was an ad hoc arrangement undertaken because frankly neither we nor the Army was quite sure about how to go about the whole business, this being a novel effort. Such a permanent arrangement would allow BRF members and other patriotic Indians to participate fully in such projects.

Your effort has gone down very well with the Army and the Jat Regt. My commendations to all who contributed to the project. My sincere thanks to the coordinators and all those who contributed to the success of the programme by giving of their valuable time and money. It was a privilege to be associated with this very noble effort and I feel honoured to have been able to do something for the Indian Jawan and this great Regiment which has given so much to the nation.
My apologies for the time delay in posting this report. The inordinate delay experienced in receiving the pictures of the presentation ceremony is to blame. I received them on Saturday and will post them here tomorrow.

JAT BALWAN ! JAI BHAGWAN !!
JA HIND !!
Thank you Mandeep.

Good to have spoken to you telephonically for such a long time yesterday.

Good that you have given this report as suggested.

If I may recommend, if the JAT Regt has a magazine, they could publish the photo and it could also be posted.

I had an earlier long telephonic with a senior JAT Regt officer yesterday and he did emphasise that none could take donation from foreign shores and so it had to be done through a serviceman/ ex serviceman. I presume that is the route that was taken.

There were I believe three donations, including that of BRF through Mandeep's father.

I am sure this clears the fog.

It is heart warming to see NRIs so patriotic. However, the GOI being the GOI, one has to be sensitive to their sensitivity. I would recommend that if you wish to contribute anything to the Indian Armed Forces, send a letter explaining your desire and the route you wish to take and give a copy to the RM, the Chief, the AG so that all are in the loop and can advise accordingly.

I am afraid, you cannot help avoiding the CYA attitude of the IA since everything and anything is looked by the media and others are not quite above board and so they avoid controversies even at the cost of their own health and preparedness.

God Bless you patriots!
Sharma
BRFite

Post by Sharma »

Dear Mandeep and all,

It is really good to see you all investing so much time in helping the Jawans. Collecting money is not a problem. More important is to make sure it reaches the right place. And you people did it. Congratulations.

Recently I was interacting with Raj Rif troops. During a discussion about defense as career and one of them said "Zinda Fauji Khaak Ka...Mara sawa lakh ka". How true he was in all senses. A serving fauji hardly gets due respect and enough money while he is alive. But the moment he falls his family starts getting lakhs from various sources (GoI, IA ex gratia, state Govt, Panchayats, DCs, Media, local businessmen, NGOs etc etc) and some cosmetic measures to pay respect. Respect evaporates even before his last rites finishes and lakhs finish soon thereafter. It is more prevalent where next of kins are uneducated and poor (Jawans and JCOs). Though grants given as FDs help them a quite but not for life time. Further on that conversation with those brave Rajputs I felt that they wanted some security for their families after them especially insurance of their child's education.

One way I could think was adopting and sponsoring their children's education. Infact I have sponsored a child of LS’s one martyred JCO studying in Army School, Leh. And I could make out from her sister’s remarks how critical my sponsorship was for this child’s education. Also I felt a sense of “Big Thank You” to me from other Jawans for this small gesture.

But my heart went out when I saw many similar children facing trouble in getting sponsorship to continue their education. That means end of the school for them and a better life thereafter.

I request you guys if we could jointly do something about it also. You all know that a soldier’s biggest worry is always his family and he will be delighted to know that somebody is there to take care of his children after him. I can help in this if somebody wants to contribute. And there is no problem of via medium. Any human being can do this.

You may write to me at amit21mech (at) gmail (dot) com.
Sharma
BRFite

Re: Quick Clot Kits For Jawans - 1st Round Donations Deliver

Post by Sharma »

Hi all, Thanks for writting to me and showing your nobel intention to help. Though I have written you back individually but just thought to bring more light on the drive I am proposing here.

I do not know what happened with earlier collection drive but I could make out that it created some doubts somewhere.

But here, I or nobody else will be collecting any thing from anyone. Everybody has to contribute individually to the "Adopted Children Account, LSRC, Leh" or if possible adopt a child and sponsor his yearly education related expenses. In turn they will send you a periodical progress report of the child. Also you can meet the child if you go there and have contact with him.

For further inquires one can contact Principal or Secretary (Centre's Education Offr, Ladkah Scouts Regimental Centre) directly. I will provide you the contact details if anybody needs.

This way you can be sure that your money is reaching to the cause directly and not through some aggregated fund.

Regards,

Amit Sharma
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Admins: Can we have this thread as a sticky for 2 weeks? Thanks.

UPDATE: JAT REGIMENTAL CENTER BAREILLY HAS DEPOSITED THE DONATION AND ISSUED A RECEIPT FOR THE DONATION

Finally after more than a year of struggle, countless phone calls, e-mails and inter-continental snail mail, the donation amount has been received and deposited by the Jat Regimental Center of the Indian Army for use towards welfare of troops, veteran PBORs and Veer Naaris (widows of servicemen who died in the line of duty). The amount of deposit is Rs. 3,03,474.60. The scan of receipt and accompanying cover letter which we received from the Jat Regimental Center is given below.

Thank you to all the Bharat-Rakshak donors for making this effort successful both through your donations and your trust! It is interesting to note that most of the people who donated so readily in 2009 at a time when we were in the middle of a grave economic crisis, are the ones who lurk on B-R - They put their money (instead of vociferous patriotic posts on the forum), where their mouth is.

The biggest round of applause must go to Rajiv Makkar who selflessly and tirelessly worked throughout the entire year to ensure that the funds reach the Indian Army in a verifiable and rightful manner (despite typical GoI hurdles and babudom) - what he did was above and beyond any call of duty.

A Very Big Thank You must also go to George Joseph for handling the donation part of the effort and liaising with Mandeep, to RayC for getting me in touch with his colleagues who are at JRC and last but not the least, to Mandeep Bajwa, who personally went all the way to the JRC, Bareilly to present the donation at a venue where it was witnessed and appreciated by 1000s of serving and veteran officers and men of the Indian Army.

PS: I will also be doing a writeup on the QuikClot thread in a week or so which will include the chronology of events (fit for a Hindi movie script!) and lessons learnt so that we do not have a repeat of the incidents which plagued this effort on B-R in the future.

Donation Cover Letter from JRC: http://img153.imageshack.us/i/receiptco ... redac.jpg/

Donation Receipt from JRC: http://img13.imageshack.us/i/receiptdon ... acted.jpg/

Sriman
BRFite
Location: Committee for the Promotion of Vice and the Prevention of Virtue

Post by Sriman »

Thanks much Raja,Rajiv,GJ,RayC and Mandeep. Your efforts are much appreciated.
yvijay
BRFite

Post by yvijay »

Thanks Raja, Rajeev, GJ and Mandeep Singh ji for all the efforts you have taken to get the donatins delivered. Hats off to you guys !
Raja Bose wrote:UPDATE: I spoke to Mandeep today and he said that he has received the picture CD from JRC and is going to post the pictures in the next 24 hours. So keep watching this thread.
Raja Bose ji, any chance we can see the above said pics posted here. Thanks.
neilmurali
BRFite -Trainee

Post by neilmurali »

can anybody tell when will be the second round of collection,I live in mumbai,how do i give money?
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

^^^No more donations are accepted for this effort. If you want to donate please donated directly to the Indian Army Martyr's Fund or IA Welfare Fund.
Thanks.

Dunno about pics - Mandeep had promised that he would post them here.
sunilUpa
BRFite

Post by sunilUpa »

Great job guys. Thanks to all.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Congrats to all the people involved, someday RB can give the gory details of the collection process
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Gentlemen Congratulations to all involved on the success of the first round of donations for the Quick clot kits...

I want to know if the donations are still accepted for the same and whom to deliver it too... Could someone here send me the details to my email at djvignesh@gmail.com..
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Gentlemen Congratulations to all involved on the success of the first round of donations for the Quick clot kits...

I want to know if the donations are still accepted for the same and whom to deliver it too... Could someone here send me the details to my email at djvignesh@gmail.com..
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 51#p880851
No more donations are accepted for this effort. If you want to donate please donated directly to the Indian Army Martyr's Fund or IA Welfare Fund.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Jagan wrote: http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 51#p880851
No more donations are accepted for this effort. If you want to donate please donated directly to the Indian Army Martyr's Fund or IA Welfare Fund.
Thanks Jagan sir, My bad as i should have seen the last few posts...
Jagan
Webmaster BR

Post by Jagan »

EVERYONE FOLLOWING THIS THREAD PLEASE READ http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=3&t=5563