Follow Bharat-Rakshak on Twitter and Facebook

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
mithil
BRFite -Trainee

Re: Follow Bharat-Rakshak on Twitter and Facebook

Post by mithil »

andy ji

Just sent a request on facebook for BR, with profile: Mithilesh Mayreddy. I''ll be the guy lazing in a couch in the profile pic.

TIA,
mithil
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Andy, please add me as well
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

You should consider using a couple of hashtags every 2-3 tweets or so - increases visibility
what is this hashing thing and its utility ?

please explain to the resident dinosaur.
Rishi
Forum Moderator

Post by Rishi »

Rahul M wrote:
You should consider using a couple of hashtags every 2-3 tweets or so - increases visibility
what is this hashing thing and its utility ?

please explain to the resident dinosaur.
Though now it is obsolete, by putting a # in front of keyword, effectively tags these keywords and highlights these tweets in any twitter search.

If I write "INS Viraat refurbished #India #IndianNavy" then I effectively say the tweet concerns these topics. Anyone searching for "#india" will throw up these tweets. Anyonce searching for "india" will also get these results, but with a lot worse noise to signal ratio.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Rishi wrote:Andy, please add me as well

Done saar think I have got the right Rishi, Mithil added ya as well.
rsingh
BRF Oldie

Post by rsingh »

Please consider this humble ex LMUite.salam
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Folks consider spreadng the word about BRF on twitter among your followers. We need to build a good follower base.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Hi, I have forwarded my request to join on facebook but now how to send you guys a email giving my name as it is very different from my handle here?
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Raj Malhotra wrote:Hi, I have forwarded my request to join on facebook but now how to send you guys a email giving my name as it is very different from my handle here?
Check my BRF profile for mail ID and mail me. 8)
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

As there are quite a few requests pending for the FB BR we need to let people know that we need their BRF handles before adding them to the group.

Please ensure that you send us yar handle as we dont know who's who right now.

The aim behind this is to build up the group with propa BR populace first before we throw the group out for general entry this will ensure that we indeed are the main population and should help us avoid idiots!
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

pgbhat wrote:
Raj Malhotra wrote:Hi, I have forwarded my request to join on facebook but now how to send you guys a email giving my name as it is very different from my handle here?
pls check your email ID, Rediff is showing it as invalid
Atish
BRFite

Post by Atish »

Have sent a request to join on FB, Name Atish Bagrodia
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Just sent a Request to join on BR Facebook page. My name is Nachiket Jawle
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

pgbhat wrote:
My mail id is pgb(dat)inek(dat) at gmale(dat)kaam ;).
I am not approving any new members into FB-BRF as of now without consulting Dmurphy and andy B. :) .... it might take while... sorry for the inconvenience.
Raj Malhotra
BRFite

Post by Raj Malhotra »

Sent mail
Ameet
BRFite

Post by Ameet »

Hi, sent a request on facebook. My name is Ameet Desai. Thanks.
SRay
BRFite -Trainee

Post by SRay »

Hey, I sent a request on facebook: Soumya Ray

The FB join request did not permit me to send a msg with my BR handle, so I sent it in an email to pgbhat as well.

Thanks all!
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

SRay, Ameet, Nachiket and Atish are in.

I still have a large number of pending applications. Pending applicants, please do the following:

1) Post a message on this thread confirming that you've applied.
2) Send me a message on facebook telling me your BRF handle (username) to confirm that it is indeed you on BRF.

The same goes for prospective applicants as well, apply to the group and then carry out the above 2 steps.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

^^^ Murphynullah u have me cell no. in the FB msg, send me a txt msg and I will give you a call to discuss.

Cheers,
Anand.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Hello everyone is it wise to join these networks with your real name especially when they allow your BR names for registration?
negi
BRF Oldie

Post by negi »

Fwiw..makes sense to use BRF handle if twitter feed is indeed an extension of the main website.Rest I would leave to the fertile minds and nawa mujahids.
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

ramana wrote:Hello everyone is it wise to join these networks with your real name especially when they allow your BR names for registration?
Ramanji, its perfectly OK if one wants to use the BRF handles as their usernames there as well. But the problem is, most people already had their twitter/FB accounts even before we came up with the idea of FB and Twitter pages for BRF. So its like an added hassle to create a special id for each of the social networking sites - especially FB where one can gauge the genuineness of the user by seeing the number of friends he has in his original id.

It's like Sophie's choice on FB, if one wants to prove that he's not a pig, he has to reveal his true identity. In doing so, he's unmasking himself!

So ultimately its a matter of convenience. If one is prepared to run 2 each handles for Twitter and FB just for the sake of concealing one's identity, then he/she should be allowed to do so. But how does one confirm if he IS indeed the same guy?
Anabhaya
BRFite

Post by Anabhaya »

My request is in. Look for Amar Govindarajan.

pgbhat has mail.
atma
BRFite

Post by atma »

ramana wrote:Hello everyone is it wise to join these networks with your real name especially when they allow your BR names for registration?

No one can know anything about you unless you are accepted as a friend on FB at least. I do not twitter.
Karmasura
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karmasura »

Phew.. first post and could have started a new topic..

Well.. have been lurking for a few years by now.. I've sent a request to the facebook group. Account name is Kumpal Madrasi..
Please add..
Dmurphy
BRFite

Post by Dmurphy »

^^^
Dear Karmasura and all applicants,

We Facebook admins, as an added security measure to keep suspicious people out, have decided to include only BRFites who fulfill the following criteria:

1) He/She has more than 100 posts on BRF.
2) He/She has more than 30 friends in their Facebook list.

Please be patient, once you fulfill the above criterion, you'll be let in. Don't want to see BRFites waiting outside in queue but this is a necessary evil. So please please co-operate with the FB admins, after all its all for our own safety :)
Karmasura
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Karmasura »

No problem Dmurphy saar.. but 100 posts is a lot of hard work for naya mujahids like me..
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

Dmurphy wrote:^^^
Dear Karmasura and all applicants,

We Facebook admins, as an added security measure to keep suspicious people out, have decided to include only BRFites who fulfill the following criteria:

1) He/She has more than 100 posts on BRF.
2) He/She has more than 30 friends in their Facebook list.

Please be patient, once you fulfill the above criterion, you'll be let in. Don't want to see BRFites waiting outside in queue but this is a necessary evil. So please please co-operate with the FB admins, after all its all for our own safety :)
DM, just an advice.

make condition
1) 50 posts and/or at least 1 yr on BR. since many senior and respected posters of yesteryear haven't touched 100, jaspreet for example.
BUT, retain a veto function to disallow anyone you guys feel is a shady character, based on your own discretion.

abolish 2) altogether. some people have genuine privacy concerns, some are too shy to make 30 friends ( :mrgreen: ) and some sign up on FB just for BR (like me)

====
this is just mufat ka advice on my part, you are free to accept all/any/none of it.
regards.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Also if you folks have blogs that discuss BRF type matters please link them. Eventually we should have BRF world out there in all the new media.
chakkunny
BRFite -Trainee

Post by chakkunny »

Well, I just sent a request to join the FB grp before coming upon this thread. Since my post count needs a little improvement...please place me in BRF purgatory until then.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Rahul ul ebil mullah danke' for the advice definetely makes mucho sense saar.

Murphy ji bliss be upon you to send me an email with yar cell no. and I will give thou a call as I havent been able to recieve yar sms :-?

To all Mullahs: We have recieved a fair few requests from a lot of people on FB there seem to be quite a few people who want to join in the last couple of days itself there have been 8 or 10 requests more. As advised right now we just want to build up BRF populace but I think in the future it might be good to open it up for general FB populace.

Cheers,
Anand.
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

:eek: there seems to be a lot of lurkers queued up petitioning for entry.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

^^^ Joo are right bhatmullah. There are quite a few people lining up for ze BRF page on FB which is great :D

However as ze old ronin once said we must be careful. Murphynullah sent me an email on FB that I am sure went to you as well about a concern that was raised about posting stuff on FB and getting people to reveal their identities from BRF (you never know who's watching :twisted: )

I hope once we have enough people to open this group up as it would be great publicity for BR. :D
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

Dmurphy's email made me feel special. 8) :mrgreen:
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

^^^ I know doode I was like WTF yo...this is really grabbing a bit of ze old attention hey! :twisted:
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Try to discover new adherents to Pingrezi and BENIS thread on those sites. You maybe in for some out of the ordinary.
AdityaM
BRF Oldie

Post by AdityaM »

FB join request sent

~Aditya Mahajan
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

AdityaM wrote:FB join request sent

~Aditya Mahajan
Done. 8)
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Gents,

Please consider spreading the FB BRF page to other members of BR. We are getting on an average atleast 4/5 requests every day, so it is getting popular with each passing day.

Bhatmullah and Murphynullah:

I think in the next stage, once we get a decent slice of BR members on ze FB BR, we should consider deleting the intro thread and creating a few others where we can have some more discussions and as Ramana saar said spread the word about Benis or for that matter some other threads like ze India-China thread that will be an attention grabber I reckon...
pgbhat
BRF Oldie

Post by pgbhat »

We can go ahead and delete the intro topic. ;)