Clear Blue Skies ;) 9%  9%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 56
 Post subject: Aero India 2015
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 12:49 
BRFite

Online Registration for General Visitors | Business Visitors

Pls hash-tag your Social Media posts about the event ⇒ #AeroIndia
And also pls tag your Flickr photos with "Aero India" ⇒ Aero India

I hope there's enough to entertain people in this 10th Edition of the show as so far there's really not much chatter on whats gonna display this year, lets wish no news = good news Image

Jai Hind Image

Last edited by Vishal Jolapara on 16 Nov 2014 17:21, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Aero India 2015
PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 13:01 
BRFite

Two amazing photos, Vishal ji. Couldn't ask for a better kickoff. Cheers.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 15:39 
BRFite

Folks, I plan to be there in Bangalore this Feb - as I understand, the air show will be there every day and open for general public but the stalls will be open only on the last day (Sunday) for the aam junta - is that a fair understanding?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 18:33 
BRFite

I hope we get to see the F-35 this time.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 18:48 
BRFite

In 2011 , i was General Visitor but i could see every one wondering around and was able to check out all stalls other then Aircraft display area , but was surprised that another guy who i came in contact in Aero India managed to sneak in when a VVIP was heading to aircraft display area and was able to click some images .

So Guys is the situation same still ? I am planning for it but i am confused should i pay 2500 and be disappointed seeing people paying 600 given access to Stalls ? i Know i was given access in 2011 , what was the situation in 2013 ?

Any one from Goa planning ?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 18:57 
BRFite

abhik wrote:
I hope we get to see the F-35 this time.

Not going to happen unless something really radical happens between now and then. F-35's international debut will most likely be @ FIA2016

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 18:57 
BRFite

Those attending, please find out as much as possible on the FOC status of the LCA.

Here is a very basic list:
  • What has been completed vs what remains? (Guns, BVR, AAR, Supersonic tanks, AoA/STR/ITR, +/-g, Spin/Wake)
  • What are all the qualified weapons? Why no Russian bombs/PGMs so far?
  • What is the production status? Is there a possibility of more Mk.1 orders? How many more, or why not? How many trainers on order?
  • How long before the first LCA squadron fully operational?
  • When will STOBAR NLCA tests in Goa begin?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 20:14 
BRF Oldie

brar_w wrote:
Not going to happen unless something really radical happens between now and then. F-35's international debut will most likely be @ FIA2016

I think he was referring to a static display a la Singapore.

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 20:16 
BRFite

Viv S wrote:
brar_w wrote:

I think he was referring to a static display a la Singapore.

That would be a mockup. If they do decide to go to that length, they'll probably also send the cockpit demonstrator

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 21:19 
BRF Oldie

Possibly C-17, C-130. Maybe Shin Maywa. Chinook? LCH with any luck. Hawk. Would love to see Saras again but not much hope. Rustom 1 at least? Navy MiG 29?

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 21:37 
BRFite

Hello folks,

This is going to be my first AI and I am very excited. Can the members who have been before guide on when is the best time to go (weekend/weekday?)?? I think weekday will see less rush, but I am afraid, the main displays might be kept on weekend. Confused.. :?:

Also, can the general visitors see the aircrafts from close?? Oe do we need some special pass or something??

PostPosted: 16 Nov 2014 21:59 
BRF Oldie

Location: Call me ACM Marten. That's Air Chair Marshal "Sir" to you!
Nileshjr:
Weekends are super-crush periods. Even water is not easily available (it runs out very quickly)!
If you wish to visit the stalls and actually spend time looking at exhibits, choose a weekday (NOT Friday!).
You cannot see the aircrafts from up close in any case. All a/c are on display in the general area, but there is a barrier to keep folks from getting close. All of these are available through the week, on all days!
Go on a weekday and plan to use the whole day (esp. if you take a bus visitor pass). It is great fun. Some of us go thrice that week. :-)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 15:15 
BRFite

PratikDas wrote:
Two amazing photos, Vishal ji. Couldn't ask for a better kickoff. Cheers.

Thank You Pratik Image

saumitra_j wrote:
as I understand, the air show will be there every day and open for general public but the stalls will be open only on the last day (Sunday) for the aam junta - is that a fair understanding?

There are 2 Daily Air Display routines:

1. Morning Display 10am - 12:30pm (1 hour break for lunch)
2. Afternoon Display 1:30pm ish - 3:30pm ish

What's the difference between the two? Nothing! The same a/c that did the same display in the morning will do the same display yet again in the afternoon.
So if you didn't get a kadak top-side banking shot of Katrina in the morning display, don't worry - you'll know exactly where & at what angle she's gonna be in the sky 3~4 hours later :wink:

Image Image

Only thing, the sun-angle is a little awkward as the day keep progressing towards afternoon so for better photos, morning is halal.

The Stalls (Business visitors Exhibition Area) will be open from Day 1 of the Show till Day 5 but, you need the Biz Pass to get in there.

ADVA is the closest spot there is to the taxiway & runway Site Map

nileshjr wrote:
Q1. This is going to be my first AI and I am very excited. Can the members who have been before guide on when is the best time to go (weekend/weekday?)??
I think weekday will see less rush,
Q2. but I am afraid, the main displays might be kept on weekend. Confused.. :?:

Q3. Also, can the general visitors see the aircrafts from close?? Oe do we need some special pass or something??

1. Take 2 days off work :wink: Enjoy the show on Thursday & Friday (best days to visit the show), spend the weekend with your family, win-win 8) :D
Refer this, viewtopic.php?p=1384364#p1384364

2. Pls refer my ans to saumitra_j above ^

3. You can see the static display a/c from the Static Viewing Area access to this part IMO is only for the Biz Pass holders (don't sweat about it, the static display isn't all that great):
Sample Photo
Image Image

This is the ADVA:

Here are the kinda shots you can get from there: Pls ismail for the Pilot's camera ▼ :wink:

Image Image

*WARNING* here you will encounter a lot of Rajnikanths & feisty Mamta Bannerjees jostling for the best positions, heck 2 ammas in saris (with their gajras swinging around like wind sock) will be balancing themselves on 1 flimsy plastic chair so you better be there early, grab your spot & Mind It :mrgreen: If at this time you felt thirsty or wanted to take a leak - you're screwed :lol:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 15:36 
BRFite

Superb Shots Vishal.

Will a 18-200mm Lens be sufficient to capture some decent flight Shots?

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 19:20 
BRFite

Flight Shots = ? You mean ground to air?
I have a 100-400 & due to our Hindustani display regulations the a/c are quite high-up.
It'll be a little difficult to get proper shots of aerial displays with 200mm.
You may wanna rent a 100-400 if you shoot Canon or a 80-400 if you shoot Nikon, you'll enjoy hunting.

200mm will perfectly suffice for almost all ground stuff @ AI however as the Sun keeps ascending thereby causing the ground temperature to increase you may not get any decent shots at even 70mm onwards due to Heat Haze :oops:

So, best time to shoot is early, by 10:30ish & then by about 5pm'ish in the evening.
If not anything else, you may want to stick around for THE Gajraj which gives daily darshan to the faithful bhakts who stay till 6pm.
It'll come in hot, go to the end of the runway & turnoff, Engines-On while VayuSainiks do some upload & downloads from its belly. And in a matter of about ~15mins you'll hear the Solovievs sangeet billowing 8) a minute or two later you will see that King Elephant taxing past you to gallop back Swargwards.
I can say that's worth waiting for ;)

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 21:59 
BRFite

Marten, Vishal..

Thanks for the info. Its my first AI. Chhutti to banata hi he...I will take leave in weekdays. Planning to visit at least twice..full day, morning to evening.. :mrgreen:

Last time I saw an air show, it was 2005ish in Pune on IAF day. I hope my company puts up some stall oe something and give some passes to us. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 22:02 
BRF Oldie

Location: Call me ACM Marten. That's Air Chair Marshal "Sir" to you!
If you get passes, share them!!!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2014 22:48 
BRF Oldie

Why the heck is that fence so tall? Also, agree on the time to shoot. Earlier the better. Sideways sun is better than direct above. And if youre really mental, carry two bodies, one with a looong lens and one with a shorter lens (<100mm) with a wide one in the bag for static displays. Carry a hat and sunscreen too.

Excellent again vishal. How did you get past the fence nonsense? :)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2014 00:54 
BRFite -Trainee

Prasad wrote:
Why the heck is that fence so tall?

Excellent again vishal. How did you get past the fence nonsense? :)

I think you are talking about the two gates painted in blue. If you look carefully beside them, the fence itself is not too tall.

Vishal, Thanks for the excellent information on AI. Also, how does one get access to the ADVA. Is it through the regular pass or is there some kind of a different pass for this section?

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2014 14:05 
BRFite

@ Prasad: Image :wink:

rudradeep wrote:
Vishal, Thanks for the excellent information on AI. Also, how does one get access to the ADVA. Is it through the regular pass or is there some kind of a different pass for this section?

AVDA = General Visitors

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2014 12:49 
BRFite -Trainee

When i am trying to register as business / general visitor i am getting the link for the payment for one day only i.e Rs-2500 or Rs-600. How we can register for all 5 days of the event. or i have to make payment for 4 to 5 times separately. Also there is no option for the day of visit.