China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
adityadange
BRFite

Re: China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

Post by adityadange »

kish wrote: Do you have problem comprehending English. I asked for S-P-E-C-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S. (Note: its plural). All you could muster up was vague statement "it weighs the same as your T-90"

Since your intelligence is below par, Let me make it simple for you.

1) Which engines were used? China was contemplating using these engines.

Germans MTU-396 diesel engine
British Perkins condor diesel engine
Ukraine KMDB 6TD-2 diesel engine
Germans MTU-871 diesel engine

:rotfl:

2) Who provided the main gun?
3) Who provided the Fire control system?
4) Who provided the Auto-Loader?

Now, Do you understand what is S-P-E-C-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S?

First get the specifications and then compare it to what ever tank you want. Later you can say it is a supel doopel tank. :wink:
Kish,
Liked your post. I recalled "Kaun Banega Crorepati". Lets give Mr. Don few lifelines
1. Phone a fliend (Xi Jinpig maybe)
2. 50-50
3. Audience poll

However my suggestion to Mr. Don is - withdraw the game. :)
Sorry for OT.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Don wrote:
kish wrote: Do you have problem comprehending English. I asked for S-P-E-C-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S. (Note: its plural). All you could muster up was vague statement "it weighs the same as your T-90"

First get the specifications and then compare it to what ever tank you want. Later you can say it is a supel doopel tank. :wink:
I don't want to tell you. :wink: :rotfl:
Are you shy of acknowledging its foreign origin? :lol: or you don't even know what military S-P-E-C-I-F-I-C-A-T-I-O-N-S are? :mrgreen: Joke is on you mate. :rotfl:
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

shiv wrote:
If more powerful engines are planned, then the wing structure too must be made stronger to transmit that power to carry the extra weight. That means that the wings are already too heavy/overdesigned for weight, given that they are designed for a future more powerful engine. Or else the wings are designed for the existing engines, but will have to be strengthened (changing the weights) for a future lengthened fuselage requiring re testing of wing performance under different conditions.

Same issues go for the undercarriage.

A flat configured rear loading ramp is not visible, but the photo is too blurry.
What you said is true, but those are relatively minor considerations IMO. Planes get up-engined all the time, I don't think it's a huge issue. While it's hard to tell from the blurry "strip-tease" photos for now, I'm pretty sure it'll have a flat rear loading ramp. Engines are and will for the foreseeable future remain by far the biggest issue. Considering the difficulties the WS-10 has faced up to now, a high bypass engine based on the same core(CFM-56) probably will be some time away.

With that said, the development of high bypass engines might face a smoother road due to its dual-use quality, as the PLA will most certainly try to glean whatever it can from China's experiences working with Western companies on the C919 medium passenger plane and engines developed for it.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

There's another interesting piece of news, the project manager for the J-31(misnomer BTW, the 31001 serial for the "J-31" prototype came from project 310, prototype 01, not a J-xx designation) recently passed away, and that's following right on the heels of the death of the J-15 chief engineer and one of the top guys of the C919 team. All died pretty young. May they rest in peace, but I'm sure there are some conspiracy theories flying around right now.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

deleted
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Don wrote: http://my.news.yahoo.com/japans-incomin ... 00981.html
:
Japan's incoming PM pledges to mend ties with China

By Kyoko Hasegawa | AFP News – 4 hours ago

Japan's incoming premier on Saturday pledged to seek a thaw in ties with China after a report said he will send a special envoy on a fence-mending mission to Beijing.

Ties between Japan and China have become increasingly strained over a disputed island chain -- the Tokyo-controlled Senkakus, which Beijing calls the Diaoyus -- with neither side willing to budge after months of bitter wrangling.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-20842840 (Dec 26, 2011):
The grandson of a former prime minister and son of an ex-foreign minister, Mr Abe, 58, has pledged to take a tough line in a territorial row with China.

China has urged the new government to take "practical steps" to deal with the dispute over islands in the East China Sea.

Mr Abe has also called for Japan's pacifist constitution to be revised and patriotic sentiment nurtured.

I sleep well.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Mr Abe has also called for Japan's pacifist constitution to be revised and patriotic sentiment nurtured.
Gleat Leap Forward for China indeed :rotfl:
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

adityadange wrote:

Kish,
Liked your post. I recalled "Kaun Banega Crorepati". Lets give Mr. Don few lifelines
1. Phone a fliend (Xi Jinpig maybe)
2. 50-50
3. Audience poll

However my suggestion to Mr. Don is - withdraw the game. :)
Sorry for OT.
Aditya,

Their supel doopel tank design is a stolen one, its a T-54 vintage design. It first appeared in 1945. :lol: They managed to reinvent a Vintage Tank.

They tried 4 prototype of the same tank with different engines :mrgreen: After Tienanmen Square massacre, Britan and German refused to give chinese their 1200 Horse power diesel engine. :D

The more you know about the tank, the more funny it is. :wink: That is the reason why that guy petered out without discussing the specification. :P
Selamat Pagi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Selamat Pagi »

Sagar G wrote:
Wouldn't that just push N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer to China ?
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

Selamat Pagi wrote:Wouldn't that just push N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer to China ?
Looks like these chinese posters have been told by PBUH that they are the true ghazis and only martial race left on this planet. Though pakis may give space to these chinese for a while before they lay their claim. :D
Ok , salamat paki , tell us what did you smoke . we are all good neighbours only. You can honestly tell us , what did the CCP smoke and give it to you , or did you find it on your own , BTW , what is that ? :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Selamat Pagi wrote:
Sagar G wrote:Mr Abe has also called for Japan's pacifist constitution to be revised and patriotic sentiment nurtured.

Wouldn't that just push N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer to China ?
Did you miss this part?
The grandson of a former prime minister and son of an ex-foreign minister, Mr Abe, 58, has pledged to take a tough line in a territorial row with China.
Why would China's territorial dispute with Japan bother those countries? :wink:
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

Don wrote:Anyways the new buzz on the military forum could be the first pictures of the Y-20

This thing looks like the amalgamation of the C-17 design with parts from the IL-76. I can see design influence taken directly from the IL-76 on the wing and engine sections and the C-17 tail copied exactly ( :!: ). The engines look very distinctly underpowered, by the way. Not sure if they are prototype engines only and meant to be replaced or something else. You can forget about short-field capability (with useful payload) on this thing if those engines are taken into production. The Chinese aerospace industry is certainly turning out interesting looking airplanes but without the right propulsion, all of them are doomed from the operational standpoint.

I see dozens of papers from "Beijing University" type institutes in China at aerospace conferences (where half the presenters only submit abstracts and do not turn up for the actual conference; But this is a whole other story about how an internal screening process had to be started for papers from China) where the presenters who turn up can't communicate at all about their work. But their slides look readable and their work tries (and looks anyway) to be at the fundamental level. Going by that and being very generous about it, I don't get why not a single one of their designs reflects the slightest bit of new-build approach to anything. Every, single, design is filled to the fore with design ideas copied from all over the place. So what happens to the "fundamental research" being done at "Beijing University" etc. With one billion people out there in a rising "superpower" this is all you have to offer?

Seriously?
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Add the fuselage of Antonov to that khichri.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Selamat Pagi wrote:Wouldn't that just push N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer to China ?
SoKo and Taiwan are American pet states and Russia getting closer with China !!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

The Chinese aerospace industry is certainly turning out interesting looking airplanes but without the right propulsion, all of them are doomed from the operational standpoint.
Photoshop and cut-n-paste country can only do so much.

They will make a lot of noise. Their bark is greater than their bite.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

vivek_ahuja wrote:
Don wrote:Anyways the new buzz on the military forum could be the first pictures of the Y-20

This thing looks like the amalgamation of the C-17 design with parts from the IL-76. I can see design influence taken directly from the IL-76 on the wing and engine sections and the C-17 tail copied exactly ( :!: ). The engines look very distinctly underpowered, by the way. Not sure if they are prototype engines only and meant to be replaced or something else. You can forget about short-field capability (with useful payload) on this thing if those engines are taken into production. The Chinese aerospace industry is certainly turning out interesting looking airplanes but without the right propulsion, all of them are doomed from the operational standpoint.

I see dozens of papers from "Beijing University" type institutes in China at aerospace conferences (where half the presenters only submit abstracts and do not turn up for the actual conference; But this is a whole other story about how an internal screening process had to be started for papers from China) where the presenters who turn up can't communicate at all about their work. But their slides look readable and their work tries (and looks anyway) to be at the fundamental level. Going by that and being very generous about it, I don't get why not a single one of their designs reflects the slightest bit of new-build approach to anything. Every, single, design is filled to the fore with design ideas copied from all over the place. So what happens to the "fundamental research" being done at "Beijing University" etc. With one billion people out there in a rising "superpower" this is all you have to offer?

Seriously?
You gotta walk before you can run. China has exactly 0 decent sized transporter that's designed by itself, it's not gonna churn out a Dreamliner on the first try.

BTW, does this look "very distinctly underpowered"? The Y-20 actually weighs a bit less despite carrying a bit more.

http://rixcharters.com/wp-content/uploa ... _front.jpg
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

BTW, does this look "very distinctly underpowered"? The Y-20 only carries slightly more:
Yes. With the DF-26 engines in the picture,it is underpowered, and has less range as well than with the more modern PS-90 engines.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Interesting piece in today's FT:
Asian jitters drive race for strategic ties

Both India and Asean, wary of China’s growing economic and military power, are eager to reconstruct a relationship with deep historical roots but only tenuous links in modern times. The US and Japan, equally concerned by China’s rise and its expansive claims to much of the South China Sea, are applauding from the sidelines.

But it is the strategic and especially the maritime aspect of the India-Asean relationship that has taken on a new urgency since China began pressing its contested claims to the South China Sea – an issue that provoked a public row between China and the Philippines at the East Asia Summit in November.

Less than three weeks earlier, Admiral D.K. Joshi, the Indian navy chief, had said India was prepared to send ships to defend its interests in the South China Sea, where India’s Oil and Natural Gas Corporation is engaged in exploration off Vietnam.

A few days later, Vice-Admiral Su Zhiqian, a Chinese naval commander, was quoted as saying in Sri Lanka that his navy would “actively maintain the peace and stability of the Indian Ocean”.

Asean is a disparate group, and usually only Vietnam or the Philippines will speak openly of what they see as the threat from China. India, meanwhile, is careful not to offend its giant neighbour, with which it fought – and lost – a short border war in 1962.

But when Mr Singh speaks of “unsettled questions and unresolved issues in our region”, and when Asean and India establish a “strategic partnership” and jointly call for “unfettered movement of trade in accordance with international law” – as they did last week – it is a safe bet that China is on their minds.
Selamat Pagi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Selamat Pagi »

Sagar G wrote:Mr Abe has also called for Japan's pacifist constitution to be revised and patriotic sentiment nurtured.
If Japan revise its constitution, yes it would drive China, N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer. All have territorial dispute with Japan.
shiv wrote:Why would China's territorial dispute with Japan bother those countries? :wink:
See above.
Now even Chinese plane patroling Diaoyu dao. 3rd time already. Even after Abe elected. What is Japan tough respond ? What is US respond after repeating like a 100X that Diaoyu Dao is under US protection.

And Chinese Marine surveillance boat already partroling the seas around Diaoyu dao.
Diaoyu Dao already under Chinese control ?
asprinzl
BRFite

Post by asprinzl »

Amazing that a Chinese sitting pretty in Malaysia cheering for China. Japan changing her constituiton is NOT going to drive the assorted nations you mentioned closer for they all know the bigger danger China posts. Real-politik. China has territorial dispute with all of them too.
Japan is many times more powerful than Philipines and a few years ago the Philipines air force blasted away Chinese instalations in the spartly sector with not a whimper from China because China could not do diddly squat. All the aircraft carrying flat tops that China can muster would not make a dent in the Spartly because one small mistake and they will end up on a coral reef or shallow ground. Just saying.
Avram
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

it seems fairly certain the Y20 will need the PS90A engines , and I dont see a problem for Cheen in getting them as presumably the revived order of IL76-400 (around 30 airframes) will by default be with the PS90A as well.

with the engine issue solved, there should be no big problems that would prevent Cheen from finally putting this in production and phasing out all their older mix of types like the An12ski and so on.

would probably take another 5-7 yrs to be production ready but it will happen.
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

China is slowly but surely becoming a master of concurrent ordering :mrgreen: - something they accuse India of all the time. They are heavily reliant on Russia and are basically lobbying to have the EU ban lifted. this is of course something the chicom posters here won't care to admit.

While on one side China flies examples of its 'latest products,' it orders equivalents (Mi-17 , IL-476 etc) from Russia and of course the fact is none of their indigenous stuff can operate without foreign propulsion units and that includes the J-10A.

The point is they'll show a Y-20 flying around while ordering IL-476s but pretend as if the Y-20 will become their mainstay tomorrow itself. Far from it.

there is now a big industrial lobby in china that pushes products in the name of 'sluperpower race' only to have their military order analogues from Russia. These industrial lobbies are also trying to convince the CPC that stuff like J-31 constitutes a 'disruptive development' which they can export to some semi-dictatorial regimes that would create troubles for western planners and also shore up the 'prestige' of these regimes with China making some money as also tying them in a classic arms source-client state nexus. But even these very shaky regimes don't always buy this chicom soup.

The chief reason the Pakis are courting the Russians is because they don't want to become totally reliant on chicom once the americans stop supplying platforms. they know that an all chicom supplied junk force will mean that the fizzle ya will drop out of the sky more rapidly than it already does.

China itself is negotiating the Su-35 hoping to get the IRBIS-E as part of that package.

They are also looking at new Amurs now. One would have thought everything was hunky dory with their indigenous diesel-electric SSKs like the Yuan. But it probably isn't.

Now that the Chicom military is being told to get ready for short and intense wars, it is telling the CPC that they should also be allowed to have different grades of equipment. Either way, the 'business end' for the Chinese military is turning out to be Russian stuff, which is why these orders.

BTW the T-99A3 may be 62 tons but remember the Arjun Mk II is 67. So if the chicom posters here are trying to make suggestions about the grade of armour, the Arjun Mk II is ahead.

The real focus of Chicom's power projection is their Second artillery corps. They are bringing in new short range missiles like the DF-16 and a new IRBM.

They are also investing in very long range cruise missiles that have supersonic terminal stages,.

India is countering this with a superb missile program of its own that will keep reaching new heights.

Chicom planners know this.
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Not sure what powerplant Y-20 uses but if its a PS-90 series then they have the option of either using the military PS-90A76 or Civil PS-90A/A1 model to get higher thrust.

The Y-20 to be apparently does not look beautiful looks like over grown of some mix type but would like to see better pictures of it.
Leonard
BRFite

Post by Leonard »

Interesting information about the number of SU30 Aircraft that the Chinese have lost since 2002 .. Since they never release crash info or pics ..

http://www.ejection-history.org.uk/Coun ... ina_PR.htm

2002, 2004, 2005, 2007, at least 3 more destroyed in Flooding/typhoon -- 2007 -2010 (Aus military article) ..
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

They are bringing in new short range missiles like the DF-16 and a new IRBM.
They are also investing in very long range cruise missiles that have supersonic terminal stages,.

I would be most interested to know about these. I thought the CJ-10 long sword atleast in initial iteration was a typical subsonic LR-GLCM/ALCM going by its photo hanging under a H-6

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-d ... CJ-10K.jpg
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

they are moving beyond AS-15 derivatives. In any case CJ-10 numbers may be in the 300-500 range already.

On the BM front,
check out the DF-16 here
http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx? ... 024a73d061

The new IRBM may or may not be designated DF-25 but it supposedly has a range of 4000 kms.
DavidD
BRFite

Post by DavidD »

Austin wrote:Not sure what powerplant Y-20 uses but if its a PS-90 series then they have the option of either using the military PS-90A76 or Civil PS-90A/A1 model to get higher thrust.

The Y-20 to be apparently does not look beautiful looks like over grown of some mix type but would like to see better pictures of it.
Hah, beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Its nick name in China is the "fat bird" :lol:

Now, I think some of you have overly high expectations, designing an Il-76 level bird is a pretty good start especially given the extreme need of large transports. In fact, I think most people in China would be happy with something even less than the vintage Il-76 right now as long as it's mostly indigenous(asking for indigenous engines right now seems to be impossible). It'll probably take at least 5-7 years for the Y-20 to enter service, and a decade before it enters full scale production, so in the meantime purchases of Il-76's will continue and orders for Il-476's will likely happen in the future.
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Selamat Pagi wrote: If Japan revise its constitution, yes it would drive China, N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer. All have territorial dispute with Japan.
S Korea and Taiwan are under the protection of the US. They will never help China in a military dispute with Japan. For the same reason, Japan cannot and will not ever get into a military stand-off with S Korea and Taiwan. On the other hand, Uncle Sam is encouraging Japan to get tough with China. China is fooling itself if it thinks S Korea and Taiwan will save its face.

Japan is mending fences with S Korea and Russia.

S Korea:
Japan's Abe offers olive branch to Seoul

In its election campaign, Mr Abe’s party said an LDP government would hold events on Feb 22 to commemorate “Takeshima Day”, which marks the day in 1905 that Japan incorporated into its territory a group of barren islets located between Japan and the Korean peninsula.
South Korea took control of the islets, which it calls Dokdo, in the 1950s, and Takeshima Day is in part a protest intended to get them back.
Lee Myung-bak, South Korea’s outgoing president, angered many in Japan by landing on the islands for a pointed visit this summer. Japan recalled its ambassador in response.
On Friday, Mr Abe said the Takeshima Day plan would have to be “reconsidered in light of the overall diplomatic situation”. Natsuo Yamaguchi, leader of Komeito, the LDP’s coalition partner, had earlier urged him to “think cautiously” and “avoid things that might prevent improvement of Japan-Korea relations”.
Russia:
Leader of Japan's new ruling party wants to settle territorial dispute with Russia
TOKYO, December 16 (Itar-Tass) — The leader of Japan’s new ruling Liberal Democratic Party which scored a convincing victory in Sunday’s general election in Japan hopes to settle the problem of Southern Kuril Islands with Russia.
Shinzo Abe, the leader of the Liberal Democratic Party, told a news conference on Sunday that he wished to settle the territorial dispute with Russia and sign a peace treaty. He expressed the hope for improvement of Russian-Japanese bilateral relations and said he was ready for dialogue with Russian leaders.
US position:
U.S. Senate passes Senkaku backing
The U.S. Senate on Thursday unanimously approved an amendment to the 2013 National Defense Authorization Act that is designed to counter attempts by China to challenge Japan's administration of the Senkaku Islands but sidesteps the question of who has ultimate sovereignty over the disputed territory.

"While the United States takes no position on the ultimate sovereignty of the Senkaku Islands, the United States acknowledges the administration of Japan over the Senkaku Islands. The unilateral actions of a third party will not affect United States acknowledgement of the administration of Japan over the Senkaku Islands," it adds.
Selamat Pagi wrote: Diaoyu Dao already under Chinese control ?

You know you sound like a deluded loser when you say stuff like that. But I understand Chinese education is to blame for making you feel like losers:
Patriotic education distorts China world view

After 21-year-old Cai Yang was arrested in September for beating a Toyota-driving Chinese compatriot with a bicycle lock during an anti-Japanese protest, his mother tried to explain his actions.
“The education at school always instils the idea that Japanese are evil people and if you turn on the television most of the programmes are about the anti-Japanese war,” Yang Shuilan said. “How can we possibly not resent the Japanese?”

Apart from the fact that Cai’s 50-year-old victim was Chinese not Japanese, Ms Yang makes a valid point. :lol:

In the wake of the 1989 Tiananmen Square massacre and the fall of the Soviet Union, China’s leaders concluded that the Communist party needed to improve its “thought work”. So they launched a new “patriotic education” campaign that continues to this day.

The selective teaching of history – emphasising the brutality of foreign invaders and ignoring atrocities or mistakes by China’s leaders – is intended to boost the party’s legitimacy by cultivating a nationalistic, anti-western victim mentality among young Chinese.

This campaign replaced the historical narrative of class struggle eventually won by the Communist party with a strong focus on China’s struggles with foreigners. It transformed China from a glorious victor into a weak and persecuted victim.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Selamat Pagi wrote:If Japan revise its constitution, yes it would drive China, N Korea, S Korea, Taiwan and Russia closer. All have territorial dispute with Japan.
SoKo and Taiwan give a damn about what China thinks and they have shown it many times with there actions, thinking that Russia would somehow move closer to China because it has territorial disputes with Japan is daydreaming. China needs Russia more than the opposite. If China has so much courage why doesn't it take a unilateral military action and take over the disputed island ??? All you can muster up is some farewellesqu flybys and some photographs taken far away from the island. You don't even have the guts to take over Japan and you talk about standing up to US :lol:
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/china-sat ... BgAVTPwFAx.
China satellite navigation starts services to Asia

China satellite navigation system starts offering services to Asia-Pacific users

BEIJING (AP) -- A Chinese satellite navigation network created to eventually compete with America's Global Positioning System has started offering services to Asian users outside the country.

The network's spokesman, Ran Chengqi, said in a press briefing that the Beidou system is offering from Thursday services including positioning, navigation, time and text messaging to users in the Asia-Pacific region.

China expects Beidou to generate a 400 billion yuan ($63 billion) annual market for services to the transport, meteorology and telecommunications sectors.

China, and especially its military, have long been wary of relying on the United States' dominant GPS network, fearing that Washington might take the system offline in a conflict or an emergency.
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

D Roy wrote:they are moving beyond AS-15 derivatives. In any case CJ-10 numbers may be in the 300-500 range already.

On the BM front,
check out the DF-16 here
http://www.aviationweek.com/Blogs.aspx? ... 024a73d061

The new IRBM may or may not be designated DF-25 but it supposedly has a range of 4000 kms.
DF-25 IRBM are nothing but Scud clones and CJ-10 are no good. India has nothing to worry about. :wink:
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

Selamat Pagi wrote:

Another article which also pointed out 5 of the same weapon systems.
http://www.popsci.com/technology/galler ... al?image=0
To selamat Pagi I find this one is really interesting.
The Shenlong Space Plane

Nick Kaloterakis

With a space station under construction and plans for a manned moon mission, China aims to alter the balance of power in orbit. In 2007, the nation showed off its antisatellite missiles by shooting down a decommissioned weather satellite, creating 40,000 shards of space junk in the process. Now it’s testing an unmanned orbital vehicle known as Shenlong, or Divine Dragon. Comparable to the U.S. Air Force’s X-37B space plane, the Shenlong could rapidly place satellites in orbit—and potentially carry weapons that could disable the communications, navigation, and surveillance satellites of adversaries.

Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

kish wrote:
Their supel doopel tank design is a stolen one, its a T-54 vintage design. It first appeared in 1945. :lol:
You are right all Chinese tanks are nothing more than vintage T-54. India has nothing to worry about just like before 1962. :wink:
Every Indian should be encourage to think this way. :wink:
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Don wrote:
kish wrote:
Their supel doopel tank design is a stolen one, its a T-54 vintage design. It first appeared in 1945. :lol:
You are right all Chinese tanks are nothing more than vintage T-54. India has nothing to worry about just like before 1962. :wink:
Every Indian should be encourage to think this way. :wink:
why this confused statement? Be specific, is it not a T-54 design? Doesn't the tank have a foreign engine? Prove that it isn't?

Prove that you are intelligent enough to have a military discussion. :P
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^^He will be back with an answer (just not your answer) as soon as he fishes out the next debating tactic from the "Psychology for Dummies" book.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Thats fine with me.
just prove you are intelligent enough to have a military discussion
I have posted this often enough. And Guess what does he prove?
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

Indian folks. This thread is sure for criticizing Chinese military development. Where do we compare our work and our development to China...which thread is that coming from ?

Prepare for defeat by the dragon? If so, then it is poorly named.

Anyways. The chinese know how to copy. They make shoddy workmanship yes. But, there is nothing to say, that India can do an Israel to the Chinese Arabia when it comes to fighting a real war.....as we are fond of saying that we have better tactics, technology and training than the chinese.

So yes, in a war, we might even think of the possibility of getting defeated.
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

Don wrote:
Selamat Pagi wrote:

Another article which also pointed out 5 of the same weapon systems.
http://www.popsci.com/technology/galler ... al?image=0
To selamat Pagi I find this one is really interesting.
The Shenlong Space Plane

Nick Kaloterakis

With a space station under construction and plans for a manned moon mission, China aims to alter the balance of power in orbit. In 2007, the nation showed off its antisatellite missiles by shooting down a decommissioned weather satellite, creating 40,000 shards of space junk in the process. Now it’s testing an unmanned orbital vehicle known as Shenlong, or Divine Dragon. Comparable to the U.S. Air Force’s X-37B space plane, the Shenlong could rapidly place satellites in orbit—and potentially carry weapons that could disable the communications, navigation, and surveillance satellites of adversaries.

I also find the UAV advances very intriguing, Thanks for the link.
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

Is the short form for Shenlong- Shlong?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

A BRF spy has been in China recently. BR is unavailable to mango Chinese. So too YouTube. So the people we get here are in Khanland or other countries.