China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
kish
BRFite

Re: China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

Post by kish »

manjgu wrote:@harshad...

1) ur example abt widget ( one grade at lowest possible price ..as u dont know where it will be sold bla bla...) shows a total lack of understanding how manufacturing/distribution happens in general and specifically in china )! I am sure indian papad and Nilon's pickle is well appreciated in Africa.
Atleast it doesn't have melamine (Heard about it). Export fake indian pickles to pakis and kill them slowly.
2) abt learning happening by mistakes is true but industrial espionage is a fact of life. many critical technologies / info etc are ferreted out in this way and this is done by all countries including India. industrial espionage helps u cut down time on product development. nothing wrong abt it. Chinese have perfected that art, is another point. But lets not act holier than cow !
Absolutely, you have perfected the art of stealing.
3) are politicians making a cut out of defence deal is wild theory??
Google isn't banned in India, try Hu Jintao and wealth.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Don wrote:
shiv wrote:
Wassamatter mate? Why the paranoia and lamentation? Sounds like a Pakistani sweeter than honey lover boy's reaction. Where is the insult in calling someone a moulana? That is high praise. Of course it is a different matter if you think being a moulana is an insult - but then that is your choice. Choice is available in India. Don't know about China.
As I said I have never been to China, don't speak Chinese, don't even know how to use a chopstick.

what choice ? worse malnourishment than Sub Saharan Africa for your children ?

Insha Allah someday you will get politicians that cares about the well being of the people in India instead of their own pocket.
I just pointed out how Allah has been soo ineffective in your country. Congratulations for effectively crushing ardents of Allah.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

Don wrote: Insha Allah someday you will get politicians that cares about the well being of the people in India instead of their own pocket.
These days pakis cant even accept they are pakis. Usually its some western slave owner that they masquerade as, but now they are diversifying their pretenses. But, once a paki always a paki. No matter what guise a paki takes, pakiness shines through. His name seems to be from his fav movie. Shameless pakis should name themselves Haseena or atim bum or something. But, like their friends the Chinese, pakis prefer to steal.
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

India should have made this strategic investment when it had the chance now the door is closed.

http://news.yahoo.com/canada-oks-cnoocs ... UAdczQtDMD
Canada OKs CNOOC's takeover bid for Nexen

By By ROB GILLIES | Associated Press – 11 hrs ago

TORONTO (AP) — Canada approved China's biggest overseas energy acquisition, a $15.1 billion takeover by state-owned CNOOC of Canadian oil and gas producer Nexen, but vowed Friday to reject any future foreign takeovers in the oil sands sector by state-owned companies.

Prime Minister Stephen Harper said the government would only consider future takeover deals in the oil sands by state-owned companies in exceptional circumstances.

"To be blunt, Canadians have not spent years reducing ownership of sectors of the economy by our own governments only to see them bought and controlled by foreign governments instead," Harper said.

Harper's Conservative government has been studying whether CNOOC's deal and a smaller foreign takeover, Malaysian state-owned oil firm Petronas' $5.2 billion bid for Progress Energy, represent a "net benefit" to the country. The Harper government also approved the Petronas deal on Friday.

Concerns had been raised that approvals could lead to a flood of deals that put control of Canada's vast energy resources in Chinese hands, but Harper said the approvals should be seen as the end of a trend and not the beginning. He said no other industrialized country would allow a major sector of its economy to be taken over by state-owned companies from another country.

The prime minister noted that 15 companies dominate production in the Alberta oil sands and said the sector represents 60 percent of all the oil production around the world that is not already in state hands. He feared a few larger purchases by foreign state-owned companies could rapidly transform the industry from one that is essentially a free market industry to one that is effectively under the control of a foreign government.

Canada's new position may not go over well in China where they are eager for an even greater share of Canada's oil. Alberta has the world's third-largest oil reserves after Saudi Arabia and Venezuela: more than 170 billion barrels. Daily production of 1.5 million barrels from the oil sands is expected to increase to 3.7 million in 2025.

CNOOC and other big state-owned Asian energy companies have increased purchases of oil and gas assets in the Americas as part of a global strategy to gain access to resources needed to fuel their economies. Chinese companies have moved more carefully since CNOOC tried seven years ago to buy Unocal but was rejected by U.S. lawmakers who cited national security fears.

Harper's government originally turned down Petronas' bid for Progress Energy in October. The government did not publicly explain the decision to block the deal but said a new policy framework for foreign takeovers would be released soon. Petronas was allowed to reapply.

The decision to turn it down in October raised doubts about whether Canada is open to foreign investment.

Harper's Conservative government also rejected Anglo-Australian BHP Billiton's hostile takeover bid for Potash Corp. in 2010 and the sale of Vancouver-based MacDonald, Dettwiler and Associates' space-technology division to an American company in 2008.

But Harper has lobbied the Chinese to invest in Canada's energy sector and has said billions in foreign investment is needed to develop Canada's vast oil and gas deposits. Turning down CNOOC's bid would have harmed relations with China.

Harper said the Nexen transaction by itself did not raise fears. Most analysts believed the deal would be approved because more than 70 percent of Nexen's assets are outside Canada. Analysts say a company like Suncor, Canada's largest oil company, would have been off limits.

Nexen, a mid-tier energy company in Canada, operates in western Canada, the Gulf of Mexico, North Sea, Africa and the Middle East, with its biggest reserves in the Canadian oil sands. It produced an average of 213,000 barrels of oil a day in the second quarter of this year. The acquisition vastly expands CNOOC's holdings in Canada, where the company has already invested about $2.8 billion. Chinese state-owned company has invested billions in Canadian energy in recent years.

Nexen's board approved the takeover in July after CNOOC offered a 62 percent premium on the stock price. Shareholders voted overwhelmingly to support the deal in September. The deal still needs approval in Britain and the U.S. where Nexen also has assets.

The stock has long traded at 10 percent discount to the offer on fears Canada would not approve the takeover. The stock jumped 15 percent, or $3.43 to $26.95, in afterhours trading in New York after closing down 6.5 percent in the regular session after the government said an announcement would be made after the close. Progress also traded down 5.4 percent in the regular session on fears Canada wouldn't approve that deal.

In an apparent show of commitment to Canada's interests, CNOOC is pledging to set up a regional headquarters in Calgary, Alberta, where Nexen is based. It also says it will keep the Canadian company's management and projects in place and list shares on the Canadian bourse in Toronto.

Petronas has also made a series of promises in the proposed takeover of Progress.

John Manley, president of the Canadian Council of Chief Executives, applauded the decisions to approve the deals, noting Canada needs foreign capital.

"The decision to approve the acquisitions of Nexen Inc. and Progress Energy Resources Corp. sends a positive signal to investors in Canada and around the world," Manley said.

First Asset Investment Management Analyst John Stephenson said foreign state-owned companies will continue to grab minority stakes in Canada's oil sector.
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

The good admiral is dhoti shivering blaming the media. :rotfl:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/m ... 164760.ece
Media needs to ‘more accurately reflect’ ties, says Menon after Navy Chief’s comments
Ananth Krishnan

National Security Adviser Shivshankar Menon has said the media needed to more “accurately reflect” the reality of India-China relations rather than “manufacture” stories, a day after Navy Chief Admiral D.K. Joshi said the Indian Navy was prepared to go to the South China Sea to protect India’s economic interests.

Mr. Menon, who on Tuesday wrapped up a two-day visit to China for wide-ranging talks on the boundary and strategic issues, said the media needed to introspect on its credibility and ask “whether you are accurately reflecting the reality or whether you are just generating another story and another story and another story.”

In a response to questions at a briefing on Monday, Admiral Joshi said the Indian Navy was “prepared” to go to the South China Sea to protect Indian interests. ONGC Videsh is now involved in three oil exploration blocks in the South China Sea, whose waters and islands are claimed by China and several other countries.

Asked about the comment, Mr. Menon said: “First, you [the media] ask [the Navy Chief] if you can operate anywhere, and he says wherever. Where ever Indian interests are? Yes, wherever Indian interests are. So that means South China Sea also? Yes. So the end result is, you write a story saying the Navy Chief says he will operate in the South China Sea.”

“Now that is stretching the truth… That is not what he started out saying,” Mr. Menon said.

“When you look at the range of India-China engagement… the fact at how peaceful that border is… the fact that we have made progress even on the boundary settlement discussions… the kind of congruence we have on several international issues and the way we work together on it, then you get a more balanced picture of the relationship, of its potential, for us and, for them, for the region, for the world, that it can actually do good together,” Mr. Menon said.

Mr. Menon said the Chinese side did not raise the issue in Tuesday’s talks. “The Chinese also know how these things happen. They recognise the media plays a role. In the past they have complained about the role that the media has played,” he said.

The recent spat between both countries on passports also did not figure in the discussions. China had angered several of its neighbours after including a map in the newly-issued passports, displaying Aksai Chin, Arunachal Pradesh and the South China Sea as Chinese territory. India responded by issuing new visas in its Embassy here that displayed an Indian map with the borders as seen by India. That China had appeared to quietly accept the visas had suggested the row had blown over, Indian officials said.

“There were no discussions on the passport issue,” Mr. Menon said. “They have always published their maps on their documents, we have always published our map on our documents.”
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

The good admiral is dhoti shivering.
I said this a few years ago, China had (has) a window to attack or cause trouble for India. That window is slowly closing. Both the Admiral's and now the NSA's comments are an indication of that.

The good China has always recognized the value of peace. The PLA is a different story. The PLA has lost the China Sea battle and perhaps the war too if they are not careful.

I can see China regrouping as we type. No other option exists.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Don wrote:[
Insha Allah someday you will get politicians that cares about the well being of the people in India instead of their own pocket.
:rotfl: so saaad no? Talk about Chinese junk mate - don't downhill ski in this manner. There are separate threads for lamentation.

Let's hear about J-20, J-31, Z-10 and their weapons.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Talking of the J-31, did I hear that it was built for Pakistan?

For Jarnail and family joy rides?
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Don wrote:The good admiral is dhoti shivering blaming the media. :rotfl:
:lol: It shows that you don't comprehend English. This happens if you eat pork and have friendship with pakis/porkis. :rotfl:

I'll give you a second chance, Read the article word by word and point out where the ADMIRAL is blaming the media.

If you are angry at me, go kill some muslims like you did to few hundredmuslims or bring down a mosque
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

kish wrote:
:lol: It shows that you don't comprehend English. This happens if you eat pork and have friendship with pakis/porkis. :rotfl:

I'll give you a second chance, Read the article word by word and point out where the ADMIRAL is blaming the media.

If you are angry at me, go kill some muslims like you did to few hundredmuslims or bring down a mosque
I don't eat pork but I do eat beef. THey are so delicious...mmmmm so mouth watering. Sorry I eat them cows I don't worship them. :rotfl:

Last edited by SSridhar on 09 Dec 2012 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: User warned for derailing thread
D Roy
BRFite

Post by D Roy »

-
Last edited by D Roy on 08 Dec 2012 23:56, edited 2 times in total.
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

shiv wrote:
Don wrote:[
:rotfl: so saaad no? Talk about Chinese junk mate - don't downhill ski in this manner. There are separate threads for lamentation.
HOw about Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Don wrote:
kish wrote: :lol: It shows that you don't comprehend English. This happens if you eat pork and have friendship with pakis/porkis. :rotfl:

I don't eat pork but I do eat beef. THey are so delicious...mmmmm so mouth watering. Sorry I eat them cows I don't worship them. :rotfl:
I am happy iam exposing your true colour. I never thought dead muslims offend you soo much. :lol:

Do you also harvest organs before killing muslims?
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^^I guess I got it right. He is a paki indeed. Only paki calls someone dad depending on how much he can get out of it. This guy's slavish admiration of Chinese junk was suspicious, but now his mask has finally slipped. As they say, once a paki, always a paki.
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

Chinese should be deeply worried that pakis are talking for China as pakis carry with them anti-cultural and genocidal traits. Not to mention utter shame on being pakis in the first place.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

Arun Menon wrote:^^I guess I got it right. He is a paki indeed. Only paki calls someone dad depending on how much he can get out of it. This guy's slavish admiration of Chinese junk was suspicious, but now his mask has finally slipped. As they say, once a paki, always a paki.
^^^. No no, don't do that. Lets pretend he is a chinese. The fun can go on a little longer. People visiting the forum will understand why pakis are banned entry world wide, including some muslim countries.

Plus it will also expose their perfidy on muslim oppression in china. Even an ignorant paki will know muslim genocide and oppression happens in china, but their leaders hide the truth from paki populace and lick chinese boots for moolah.
kish
BRFite

Post by kish »

vishvak wrote:Chinese should be deeply worried that pakis are talking for China as pakis carry with them anti-cultural and genocidal traits. Not to mention utter shame on being pakis in the first place.
IMHO Chinese are aware of this. Chinese are perception conscious. They have huge army of 50-cent party to influence Communist party image world-over. It will not destroy the Communist party image after spending soo much. They are enduring these nonsense because they need attack dogs just out their territory to protect their borders. One such dog is pakistan and are more loyal to their masters than other dogs.
Harshad
BRFite

Post by Harshad »

Don wrote:
shiv wrote:
Wassamatter mate? Why the paranoia and lamentation? Sounds like a Pakistani sweeter than honey lover boy's reaction. Where is the insult in calling someone a moulana? That is high praise. Of course it is a different matter if you think being a moulana is an insult - but then that is your choice. Choice is available in India. Don't know about China.
As I said I have never been to China, don't speak Chinese, don't even know how to use a chopstick.

what choice ? worse malnourishment than Sub Saharan Africa for your children ?

Deaths due to Malnutrition per 100,000
India: 5.9
Indonesia:13.5

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/caus ... y-country/

Check for lice in your pubic hair before looking inside our dhotis. :rotfl:
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Don wrote:India should have made this strategic investment when it had the chance now the door is closed.
ONGC too busy drilling in the unstrategic South China Sea :lol:
Eric Leiderman
BRFite

Post by Eric Leiderman »

maybe it is time to re-name tis as chinese troll thread
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

Don wrote:Sorry I eat them cows I don't worship them
That actually explains your behaviour quite well:
Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease

The first symptom of CJD is rapidly progressive dementia, leading to memory loss, personality changes and hallucinations. This is accompanied by physical problems such as speech impairment, jerky movements (myoclonus), balance and coordination dysfunction (ataxia), changes in gait, rigid posture, and seizures.
:lol:
RamaY
BRF Oldie

Post by RamaY »

Harshad wrote:
Deaths due to Malnutrition per 100,000
India: 5.9
Indonesia:13.5

http://www.worldlifeexpectancy.com/caus ... y-country/

Check for lice in your pubic hair before looking inside our dhotis. :rotfl:
You must be using WIN95. Google gives different search results for OS/version :P
member_23657
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_23657 »

Don wrote: HOw about Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:
Yo Mr. Don.. when your al-khalid tanks fight against out ARJUNS, not only the men inside al-khalid will start pissing in their pants, your tanks themselves will start pissing.. wanna try?? :evil: :evil:

All you can do in your f******g country is to host a fake AK47 bazzar to fuel terrorism in af-pak, baloch region.. which are now being used against your own citizens.. peep through your window, maybe some of your home grown kuttha is pointing a fake AK-47 at you... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Common, you know and everyone in this world know that our Tejas is ages ahead of your bhandar whose avionics is not even close to our upgraded Mig21 bisons..and the materials.. forget it.. you know the fact that bhandars will hop for their life when they hear the sound of roaring tejas... the reason i said hop is they are chinese made and will not fly when required just like your hatf missiles.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

avinashpeter wrote:
Don wrote: HOw about Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:
Yo Mr. Don.. when your al-khalid tanks fight against out ARJUNS, not only the men inside al-khalid will start pissing in their pants, your tanks themselves will start pissing.. wanna try?? :evil: :evil:

All you can do in your f******g country is to host a fake AK47 bazzar to fuel terrorism in af-pak, baloch region.. which are now being used against your own citizens.. peep through your window, maybe some of your home grown kuttha is pointing a fake AK-47 at you... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Common, you know and everyone in this world know that our Tejas is ages ahead of your bhandar whose avionics is not even close to our upgraded Mig21 bisons..and the materials.. forget it.. you know the fact that bhandars will hop for their life when they hear the sound of roaring tejas... the reason i said hop is they are chinese made and will not fly when required just like your hatf missiles.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Why do you even bother?
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

Don wrote:HOw about Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:
I wonder why are you ashamed of identifying yourself as a Paksitani (perhaps because it is a disgrace to be identified with that terrorist land)!

Anyway, the last time I checked internet your ex prime minister Nawaz Sharif admitted publicly that LCA is much more advanced than JF17! Didn't he? So are you now trying to suggest that Pakistan doesn't even have a plane which is equivalent to a 'junk'! Ya Allah ....Peace be upon Pakistan now :rotfl:
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

Look who is speaking! The man whose super brave General admitted in his book that he had to support Uncle Sam because he got 'scared' by the phone of Colin Powell!

By the way, how does it feel to be from the country which made a world record of surrenders in 71 :wink: .
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Don wrote:
shiv wrote: :rotfl: so saaad no? Talk about Chinese junk mate - don't downhill ski in this manner. There are separate threads for lamentation.
HOw about Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:
Thanks for not denying that Chinese stuff is junk. There are separate threads for Indian junk. This thread is for Chinese junks and rust buckets and shiny cheap plastic.

Which reminds me that I have discovered that the People's Liberation army has tanks.

Here is the relevant Wiki page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanks_in_t ... .2F85.2F88

Why do they need tanks? To drive across the sea to Taiwan? Or to drive across the Himalayas from Chinese occupied North Arunachal to South Arunachal? To deliver Kerosene to selfd immolators in Lhasa?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Don wrote: I don't eat pork but I do eat beef. THey are so delicious...mmmmm so mouth watering. Sorry I eat them cows I don't worship them. :rotfl:

I don't worship cows. I worship bullshit, moulanas and the Chinese military equally. I am a polytheist.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

kish wrote:
Arun Menon wrote:^^I guess I got it right. He is a paki indeed. Only paki calls someone dad depending on how much he can get out of it. This guy's slavish admiration of Chinese junk was suspicious, but now his mask has finally slipped. As they say, once a paki, always a paki.
^^^. No no, don't do that. Lets pretend he is a chinese. The fun can go on a little longer. People visiting the forum will understand why pakis are banned entry world wide, including some muslim countries.
The guy is Chinese alright. He is pretending to be Paki bcause he is unable to defend Chinese rust buckets and wants to save face. Don't be fooled by his inshallahs and "I eat beef " bullshit. He is proving that he is Chinese by trying to wriggle free. This is the time to nail him the little pipsqueak.

First he changes the topic to Indian stuff. Then he pretends to be an Indonesian Muslim.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Asit P wrote:
Don wrote:HOw about Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:
I wonder why are you ashamed of identifying yourself as a Paksitani (perhaps because it is a disgrace to be identified with that terrorist land)!

Anyway, the last time I checked internet your ex prime minister Nawaz Sharif admitted publicly that LCA is much more advanced than JF17! Didn't he? So are you now trying to suggest that Pakistan doesn't even have a plane which is equivalent to a 'junk'! Ya Allah ....Peace be upon Pakistan now :rotfl:
Don't be fooled by this guy. He is no Paki. He is a Chinese pretending to be Paki/Muslim. He is trying to provoke and change the subject from China manufactured crap.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

Shiv
Howabout Indian Junks ? You know Arjunks, LCA junks, INSAS junks. etc :rotfl:

Don't be fooled by this guy. He is no Paki. He is a Chinese pretending to be Paki/Muslim. He is trying to provoke and change the subject from China manufactured crap.
:(( Good grief. And I thought the guy was a decent indonesian. So much for trust.

But now he has proved something: Whether Cheen or Porki, he is ashamed to admit he is one of them. Just mentally challenged is my verdict.
pran
BRFite

Post by pran »

I don't worship cows. I worship bullshit
Doc may you live longer for this dump. :rotfl:
Prem
BRF Oldie

Post by Prem »

pran wrote:
I don't worship cows. I worship bullshit
Doc may you live longer for this dump. :rotfl:
How Many for authentic Chinese food specially served to Paki?.
Society's mental make up is known by its food.

http://factsanddetails.com/china.php?itemid=146

Sparrows are a common street and snack food. They are skewered, roasted and fried and served on sticks. They are often eaten bones and all between sips of beer in streetside stalls. In Beijing, you can get silkworms, grasshoppers, seahorses, and scorpions—with their stingers intact.
Banquet specialties include cow’s lung soaked in chili sauce, goose stomachs, fish lips with celery, goat’s feet tendons in wheat noodles, shark’s stomach soup, chicken-feet soup, monkey’s head, ox forehead, turtle casserole, pigeon brain, deer ligament and snake venom, lily bulbs and deer’s penis.A typical menu offers things like “goat genitals soup,” “pig hoof gruel,” “old vinegar jelly fish,” “fried goose intestines,” “know taste pork meat pie,” “chicken without sexual life,” “pockmarked old-lady’s tofu.” “fish smell like pork.” “spicy ducks heads” and “lover’s lung.” Some restaurant serve donkey and the entree “Explodes the Stomach, Slides the Tendon and Fires the Sheep’s Internal Organs.”he Chinese considered many foods eaten by non-Chinese to be strange. They consider eating a plain cooked steak as primitive and unappetizing. Many regard eating cheese or butter as disgusting and find the French custom of eating snails to be strange.
member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^^This is what happens when pakis try to defend Chinese honor, they end up humiliating the Chinese as they usually do for themselves. But have to say, DISGUSTING.
SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

PLAAF tests fighting skills in a major drill - Ananth krishnan, The Hindu
The People’s Liberation Army (PLA) northwestern Lanzhou Military Command, whose charge includes the disputed Aksai Chin region, completed a large-scale, 12-day military drill involving more than a dozen air force units in the Gobi desert on Friday.

The exercise was described by state media as the biggest “air-to-air strike assessment” drills conducted by the PLA Air Force (PLAAF) in recent years, involving “simulated air combat” to measure the fighting capability in modern warfare scenarios.

It was, also, the first major exercise following last month’s leadership transition that saw Xi Jinping take charge both as General Secretary of the Communist Party of China (CPC) and Chairman of the Central Military Commission (CMC). Mr. Xi will take over as PLA President when Hu Jintao steps down in March.

The state-run Xinhua news agency said the exercise was held in the Gobi desert close to the border with Mongolia, near the base of the Lanzhou Military Command.

It involved 14 air force units and at least 100 pilots flying Jian-10 and Jian-11 fighters.

Yang Yongfei, an air force brigade commander, was quoted as saying by the Hong Kong-based South China Morning Post ( SCMP ) that the drill was “a response to political tasks set out at the Communist Party’s National Congress last month and reflected the army’s achievements in information warfare modernisation”.

At the Party Congress, the Work Report delivered by outgoing General Secretary Hu Jintao — the policy blueprint for the next five years — said the military would “enhance the capability to accomplish a wide range of military tasks, the most important of which is to win local war in an information age”.

Xu Guangyu, a researcher at the China Arms Control and Disarmament Association, told the SCMP that the PLA had to carry out simulations to improve its combat capabilities as it “was not in the business of declaring war on other countries”.

“We are not the U.S. army, which has had many opportunities to engage in wars to maintain its fighting skill” he said. “The PLA is a defensive force that can only rely on military drills to improve its capabilities”.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

*Deleted*
Last edited by SSridhar on 09 Dec 2012 17:58, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Irrelevant to the thread
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Is this a military thread?

:shock:
adityadange
BRFite

Post by adityadange »

NRao wrote:Is this a military thread?

:shock:
indeed. we are finding out what a chinese soldier eat when deployed in beijing (read tiananmen square) :twisted:
Don
BRFite

Post by Don »

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/ ... -ties-grow

Chinese Defence Minister Liang Guanglie (right) meets with Sri Lankan Secretary of Defence and Urban Development Ministry Gotabaya Rajapaksa in Beijing on November 11. Photo: Xinhua

China launches Sri Lanka's first satellite as India watches ties grow

COLOMBO | Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:25am EST

COLOMBO (Reuters) - Sri Lanka launched its first communications satellite on Tuesday in partnership with a Chinese state-owned space technology firm, the Sri Lanka partner said, adding to unease in neighboring India about Beijing's growing ties with the island nation.

The Sri Lankan government has emphasized the launch was a private effort, carried out by SupremeSAT (Pvt) Ltd and the China Great Wall Industry Corp. But Sri Lanka President Mahinda Rajapaksa's youngest son, Rohitha, has been credited in domestic media as the creator of the satellite.

Vijith Peiris, chief executive of SupremeSAT, told Reuters in Colombo that the launch from the Xichang Satellite Launch Centre in western China was successful.

The joint launch marked the latest in a series of economic and military ties between the two countries, a relationship that is being closely watched by India.

"It reinforces the impression that Sri Lanka is getting slowly but surely closer to China," said Brahma Chellaney, an analyst at the Centre for Policy Research in New Delhi.

"From a larger geopolitical perspective, it sends a message to India that a country in its own backyard is cozying up with China."

Economic and strategic rivals China and India fought a brief, high-altitude border war in 1962 and still have contested regions, though the defense relationship has improved.

Rhetoric flared anew recently after China issued a new passport with a map that shows two disputed border areas as Chinese territory. India responded by stamping its own map on visas it issues to holders of the Chinese passports.

China has been the largest lender to Sri Lanka, a $59 billion economy, since the end of a three-decade civil war ended in May 2009. China had provided military equipment to the Sri Lankan government to defeat ethnic Tamil rebels.

Since then, Sri Lanka has sought stronger defense ties with China, a fact that has irked India and the United States.

"NOT A CONCERN"

Chinese Defense Minister Liang Guanglie visited Sri Lanka in September, offering grants to modernize Sri Lanka's military training. Liang said the ties were aimed at maintaining regional stability and were not targeted at any third party.

During a visit to China early this month, Sri Lanka Defense Secretary Gotabaya Rajapaksa, younger brother of the president, met Liang and agreed to consolidate bilateral cooperation.

China has also become involved in construction of a strategic sea and air port in Sri Lanka's southern district of Hambantota, also Rajapaksa's constituency.

It is also involved in a coal-fired power plant, expressways, railways and irrigation works.

India has not officially protested the increasing Chinese influence in Sri Lanka and has even said the latest corporation on space technology was not a concern.

"It's a commercial communication satellite. It's going to be in a Chinese (orbit) slot and not in a Sri Lankan slot. At that far, you can't do anything and it's not a concern for us," said an Indian diplomat based in Sri Lanka, speaking on condition of anonymity.

China, like other nations with the technical capability, has launched numerous satellites on a commercial basis for other countries.

(Reporting by Ranga Sirilal and Shihar Aneez in COLOMBO, Arup Roychoudhury in NEW DELHI, and Michael Martina in BEIJING; Editing by Ken Wills)
Chinmayanand
BRF Oldie

Post by Chinmayanand »

China launching a satellite for Sri Lanka is a military thong for Chinese , :roll: