China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Re: China Military Watch - Jan 11, 2011

Post by VinodTK »

Shun US 'tiger' and Japanese 'wolf', Chinese colonel warns
BEIJING: A Chinese military officer has raised the spectre of nuclear weapons and warned Australia not to side with the United States and Japan as a territorial dispute in the East China Sea continues to escalate.

America is the global tiger and Japan is Asia's wolf, and both are now madly biting China.

Senior Colonel Liu Mingfu, of the National Defence University, blamed America’s ‘‘orchestration’’ and Japan’s ‘‘militarism’’ for rising tensions over disputed islands known as the Senkaku in Japan and the Diaoyu in China.
:
:
‘‘If this Japanese wolf again attacks America’s Pearl Harbour or Australia’s Darwin, how do you know it wouldn’t receive another nuclear bomb?’’ Colonel Liu said. ‘‘The world would hail if Japan receives such a blow.

‘‘I don’t want to mention China here, as it is sensitive,’’ he added.
:
:
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

First of all it's OT and secondly the article is dumb.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

ashi
BRFite

Post by ashi »

Y-20 made her maiden flight

Last edited by ashi on 26 Jan 2013 20:53, edited 1 time in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the leaves and tree in foreground...signature touch that.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Congratulations to China.

But what is with the photographers. They sure have a fetish with trees and bushes.

P.S. Singha sir, you beat me to it :-)
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

the next signature move will be photos of increasing clarity and clearness in the next few days until finally we see the full "vera of the seven veils" show's finale.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

so China has flow in the span of 3 years two 5th gen fighters and a heavy transport aircraft not considering other Helo's , UAV's etc. Irrespective of the competency of these aircraft which can be judged only in a war at least there propaganda machinery can use them to have some psychological effect on others . At lately China has been very good in the latter
songfeihong
BRFite -Trainee

Post by songfeihong »

eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

dhiraj wrote:so China has flow in the span of 3 years two 5th gen fighters
What is 5th generation about them? Since nobody has ever provided any data on their specs and performance, to call them 5th generation is wrong.
dhiraj wrote: Irrespective of the competency of these aircraft which can be judged only in a war
Thats wrong, it can be and has to be judged in peacetime. But to judge you need data, and if the Chinese are not giving data, it means that their product stinks.
dhiraj wrote: at least there propaganda machinery can use them to have some psychological effect on others . At lately China has been very good in the latter
It only has a psychological effect on Pakis and Cheenis who are used to living and breathing lies. Nobody else cares two hoots for their trash.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

dhiraj wrote:so China has flow in the span of 3 years two 5th gen fighters and a heavy transport aircraft not considering other Helo's , UAV's etc. Irrespective of the competency of these aircraft which can be judged only in a war at least there propaganda machinery can use them to have some psychological effect on others . At lately China has been very good in the latter
Take your dhimmi rants to "China Positive News Threads".

@ eklavya

Stop feeding the troll.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

Sagar G wrote:Take your dhimmi rants to "China Positive News Threads".

@ eklavya

Stop feeding the troll.
who decides what is a trash and what is good. why are we not able to fly such 5th gen lookers ( i told i don;t know about there competency) yet. everyone is making trash and we will come out one day with most cutting edge fighter ever right.
What is so positive about this news for us that it should be posted in "China Positive News Threads".
We need to keep a watch on the Chinese military development (good or bad) and so posted on this thread. If ignoring things on the other side of border makes one comfortable then fine but please don;t prevent others to make an opinion. If you don;t like feel free to ignore.

I am not good at making sarcastic comments or suggesting others to ignore someone;s post, but my humble request that if you think that my understanding about something based on my post is incorrect then please correct it or ignore it.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

dhiraj wrote: at least there propaganda machinery can use them
by this i meant things like "The first test flight coincided with a visit of United States Secretary of Defense ...".
Now was it a coincidence or did they wanted to send some message out.

now should we also ignore the below as trash . What if there was some truth in the below ?
courtesy : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-20
"Information used by subcontractors of Lockheed Martin for the F-35 project have been significantly compromised during development of the J-20.[29] As a result, there are accusations that the J-20 design may have been based on cyber-espionage of the Lockheed Martin FB-22 and F-35 projects.[2][30]
A United States federal prosecutor has suggested that China may have used technology supplied by Noshir Gowadia from the Northrop Grumman B-2 Spirit program for their stealth aircraft.[31]
Douglas Barrie has noted that the canard-delta configuration with canted vertical fins appears to resemble the MiG 1.42.[32] "
Last edited by member_23694 on 26 Jan 2013 18:23, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

songfeihong wrote:Image
No cargo door on the Jingle 172 pictured above, but the wings and flaps are certainly reminiscent of the C-17
C-17

The C-17 gets its slow speed flying and short field characteristics from the fact that the exhaust is blown onto the fully deployed flaps and generates lift at low speed. But the C-17 like the C-130 is fly by wire and can be programmed to plan out some phases of flight. No details about the Jingle.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

dhiraj wrote:if you think that my understanding about something based on my post is incorrect then please correct it or ignore it.
This is "China Military Watch" thread not the "I am in awe of Chinese Military" thread, the thing you posted which you are now trying to pass off as some highly educative post about Chinese military status doesn't show the characteristics of being one since it is neither educative nor informative keeping in mind the purpose of this thread. You are free to be in constant awe of anything China does but please spare us your projection of that awe. You can go to the China Positive News Preparing for Defeat by the Dragon thread and do the same it was made for that purpose only so that dhimmi people can vent out there rants their, if you want to discuss about "Chinese Military" or want to share some info about the same you are welcome to do that but rants aren't going to be ignored just because you feel the need to post one.

Added later :- Sorry dhiraj for pointing out the wrong thread but have corrected it now and Thank you shiv garu for correcting me.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

Sagar G wrote: "I am in awe of Chinese Military"
ok then you got me wrong. there is another set of people who rather than being ignorant and living happily in there own dream world , gets agitated and wanting to beat the competition and would not rest until we have the best.
Sagar G wrote:dhimmi people

I don;t know what it means . But I don;t like when i see them sending man to space or fly the so called 5th gen fighter and we keep thrashing each other to make one believe that the other side are very inferior to us.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

dhiraj wrote:I don;t know what it means .
Politically correct word for "chootiya people".

dhiraj wrote:But I don;t like when i see them sending man to space or fly the so called 5th gen fighter and we keep thrashing each other to make one believe that the other side are very inferior to us.
Seeing through the Chinese propagandu isn't == "thrashing each other to make one believe that the other side are very inferior to us" and I loved the way you have changed your stance from " so China has flow in the span of 3 years two 5th gen fighters " to now saying " so called 5th gen fighter ".

Enough of this OT here.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Dhiraj if you want to discuss the chinee military this is the thread for it.

If you want to talk about why we Indians cannot, or will not do what the Chinese are doing, this is not the thread for it. There are many other threads, but if you specifically want to curse Indians while comparing India with China and ask why India cannot match China, the correct thread is "Preparing for Defeat by the dragon"

I cross posted your post in that thread because over there we can discuss without interference from jingos about why India is so pathetic compared with China and Why China will beat us hands down.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

Sagar G wrote: dhiraj wrote:
I don;t know what it means .

Politically correct word for "chootiya people".
Please remove it. This is unacceptable. If you know much i don;t have any problem but you can't use such words for me. I have not posted something for which someone can use such words even if it is not in the correct thread.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

dhiraj wrote:Please remove it. This is unacceptable. If you know much i don;t have any problem but you can't use such words for me. I have not posted something for which someone can use such words even if it is not in the correct thread.
I didn't use that word for you I only gave you the meaning (as I think of it) if you see yourself as dhimmi then it's your choice I am not forcing anything on you. You have already said a few post ago that " ok then you got me wrong " and now you are getting angry on me and alleging me of something which I didn't do. I leave it on the mods to decide.
songfeihong
BRFite -Trainee

Post by songfeihong »

It is said that its max take off weight is around 200t with max load of 50-60t.
ashi
BRFite

Post by ashi »

Official video

Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

When the aircraft touches down the entire tail seems to be wobbling is that normal ???
manum
BRFite

Post by manum »

^^ ya, to an extent...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Sagar G wrote:When the aircraft touches down the entire tail seems to be wobbling is that normal ???
:shock: Good catch! I have never seen a tailplane wobble like that. Looks like it needs some work. Aviation grade light and strong materials would do the trick I'm guessing.

Well this C-17 wobbles a bit but much less noticeably
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... BqwY#t=18s

Almost no wobble in this 1l 76
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... fwlU#t=25s
disha
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by disha »

It is said that its max take off weight is around 200t with max load of 50-60t.
This is the second time I am seeing this from the cheenis, copy masters they are., they copy everything ...

First of all, what is this fetish of "20001" with extra zero added on the plane? Tejas flew with KH-2001 and this is the second time I am seeing. I remember seeing it on the fatbox as well.

Second, how is the cargo to be loaded? Do not tell me that a door will be cut later and will be installed in the tail. That is balderdash, it modifies the aero-dynamics of the plane considerably. If cargo planes were so easy to make, Brazil would have made several now. Flying empty cargo planes without doors is easy. One can fly an egg with wings attached as well.

Third how can you deduce that it can take a load of 50 tonnes. That is 50,000 Kg. What are the aerodynamic loads when it is fully loaded, half loaded, quarter loaded, full max weight in front, in back, during unloading, dropping supplies etc. This is a long way to go and of course we will not be hearing of crashes ...

And the tail plane is already wobbly. Do not compare it with C-17 landing on a dirt track in afghanistan with cross winds clearly blowing over, the wobbling in the C-17 is during touchdown since the plane smacks hard to the ground. Here the plane is wobbling after touch down.

And lastly, I name this plane FatEgg.

First we have the F-22 look alike called FatBox and now C-17 look alike called FatEgg.
Boreas
BRFite

Post by Boreas »

shiv wrote:
Sagar G wrote:When the aircraft touches down the entire tail seems to be wobbling is that normal ???
:shock: Good catch! I have never seen a tailplane wobble like that. Looks like it needs some work. Aviation grade light and strong materials would do the trick I'm guessing.
looks like as if it is saying i don't want to fly again :mrgreen:

A lot of work have to be done before it can see any thing go up its musharraf. Man carbon paper must have been invented by the chinese!!
ashi
BRFite

Post by ashi »

disha wrote:
This is the second time I am seeing this from the cheenis, copy masters they are., they copy everything ...

First of all, what is this fetish of "20001" with extra zero added on the plane? Tejas flew with KH-2001 and this is the second time I am seeing. I remember seeing it on the fatbox as well.

Second, how is the cargo to be loaded? Do not tell me that a door will be cut later and will be installed in the tail. That is balderdash, it modifies the aero-dynamics of the plane considerably. If cargo planes were so easy to make, Brazil would have made several now. Flying empty cargo planes without doors is easy. One can fly an egg with wings attached as well.

Third how can you deduce that it can take a load of 50 tonnes. That is 50,000 Kg. What are the aerodynamic loads when it is fully loaded, half loaded, quarter loaded, full max weight in front, in back, during unloading, dropping supplies etc. This is a long way to go and of course we will not be hearing of crashes ...

And the tail plane is already wobbly. Do not compare it with C-17 landing on a dirt track in afghanistan with cross winds clearly blowing over, the wobbling in the C-17 is during touchdown since the plane smacks hard to the ground. Here the plane is wobbling after touch down.

And lastly, I name this plane FatEgg.

First we have the F-22 look alike called FatBox and now C-17 look alike called FatEgg.
I think it is pretty obvious there is a back door close to the tail just like any cargo plane and there are side doors. I think 55 to 60 tonnes payload figure is reasonable. The requirement of this plane is to carry PLA's main battle tank T-99.
member_23360
BRFite

Post by member_23360 »

did chinese developed engines for Y 20 or they are imported from russia ??
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

What is that Sign on the aircraft. The Yellow and Black Alternate chequer thingy in a circle.
They were present on the a/c that landed on the Varyaag.
Selamat Pagi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Selamat Pagi »

akshat.kashyap wrote:did chinese developed engines for Y 20 or they are imported from russia ??
Future Chinese Engine to be use for Yun 20.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Selamat Pagi wrote:
akshat.kashyap wrote:did chinese developed engines for Y 20 or they are imported from russia ??
Future Chinese Engine to be use for Yun 20.
Ah so! I see now. So China is going to import the CFM-56? Or clone it maybe
ashi
BRFite

Post by ashi »

China flies Xian Y-20 transport for the first time
A production variant of the Y-20 could (and probably should) use a higher bypass ratio engine. Potential candidates include China's developmental WS-18 and WS-20 engines and possibly a military variant of the CJ-1000A. The CJ-1000A is an indigenous power plant for the Comac C919 airliner that's being developed by AVIC Commercial Aircraft Engines.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

They are using same D-30KP turbofan engines which are on IL-76, not even then new PS-90 which Indian AWACS have.

Same thing as their J20, which is flying on AL-31 but painted to look like something else.

Also, wings design is an exact copy of IL-76.

Below is an IAF IL-76
Notice the same reverse thrusters as IL-76 and same wing configuration.
Last edited by Sid on 27 Jan 2013 06:57, edited 2 times in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

ashi wrote:
I think it is pretty obvious there is a back door close to the tail just like any cargo plane and there are side doors. I think 55 to 60 tonnes payload figure is reasonable. The requirement of this plane is to carry PLA's main battle tank T-99.
There is no door on the prototype pictured on this thread. Not only is there no door, even the fuselage where the door might be placed is rounded and not flat. I am not saying that there will never be a door - but there is no door now.

The door makes a huge difference and the reason I comment on it is that it indicates how much more development is needed and approximately how far down the line an operational aircraft might be given the realities of aircraft testing.

60 tonne payload? Remains to be seen. The IAF knows that when the Il 76 was delivered, it was alleged to be capable of transporting the T-72. Only it had never been done and the IAF did it first IIRC - and how that was done makes good reading.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Here are Y20's mysterious doors. They will function more like C-17 cargo bay, rather then IL-76.

Source link
http://i.imgur.com/IZ5W3sI.jpg
Last edited by Sid on 27 Jan 2013 07:18, edited 1 time in total.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »