LCA News and Discussions

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Vipin_Upadhyay
BRFite

Re: LCA News and Discussions

Post by Vipin_Upadhyay »

^^ woww I am already in love with this beauty, strong undercarriage, cockpit..a perfect start.
Kudos, NLCA team.

She is daughter of LCA...I name her Sonakshi Sinha :twisted:
pralay
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by pralay »

great snaps,
jingo khush hua :D

Cheers NLCA team!

PS: where is video I am waiting for? :wink:
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

The parachute would be removed ???
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

The landing gear is unique(i see triangle shapes), any other fighter planes have similar designs
SidSom
BRFite

Post by SidSom »

merlin wrote:Actually IIRC LSP-7 on its first flight did retract its landing gear - so confidence on the landing gear of the AF variant is high. Not so for the Navy variant.
Judging by the "No retraction of Landing Gear" rule on the Naval, it appears to me that the ADA/HAL/NFTC folks are almost looking at this as a whole new plane and not just another variant/Production item of the LCA program. They seem to have taken the same precautions they would have taken for the TD-1. I agree better safe than sorry. What I am sorry about is the PR and Media management by HAL but I guess I have to eat my pinch of salt... :)

She does look Fantastic.. My new Wall paper for sometime to come :)

[added later] WOW that is some serious bulking up of the UC the Difference is stark....
sooraj
BRFite

Post by sooraj »

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

The pics posted by shiv'ji clearly shows the hydraulic play when complete NLCA weight is on the landing gears, and the first one shows all the wheels, and get a comparision with second and third one very clear.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

I was really worried today for the first flight because of the large amount of attention accorded to it here in BRF, thanks to god and the LCA team he made everything went well.

So the NLCA is the start of the 3K series(KHN-T 3001). The NLCA is like Katrina wearing a hawaii chappal. I guess this was a very wonderful experience for our folks to learn about landing gear design. Now the wait for videos and photos, raghuk sir anyone uploading it to youtube ?

Koti sir today's updates over 1835->1837(bad nazar by all BRFites only 2 flights over 5 days)
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

so what is -T in the KHN-T?
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

trainer, just like pv5 was numberplated KH-t 2009
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Any guess as to how many t/r moduled radar panel it can house, and any size comparision between NLCA and LCA?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

The bulking up of the under carriage is to handle the faster approach speeds of carrier operation and not the weight, IIRC..
Any news on when the NP-2 will roll out???
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Commodore Maolankar seems to have put on some weight :) Two navy pilots apart from Commodore Maolankar at NFTC is a good sign.
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Quick question, Why wasn't the tail hook installed on the NP-1?? In none of the pictures, is the hook visible..
Per the long winding statement published by Shiv Aroor, the landing test facility is not ready and wont be until end of 2012. The take off areas are ready though.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

>> The NLCA is like Katrina wearing a hawaii chappal

:lol:
Suraj
Forum Moderator

Post by Suraj »

Fantastic achievement, and that's a really photogenic aircraft - even more so than the LCA!

It's been an amazing 10 days for Indian science and technology - the Agni-V, yet another flawless PSLV with a cutting edge satellite, and now only the 5th nation (avoiding the 6th nation syndrome) to build its modern ship-based aircraft.

The fact that we've come so much further can be seen in how the world accommodates our rise now - the responses to the Agni-V proved it.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

merlin wrote:Actually IIRC LSP-7 on its first flight did retract its landing gear - so confidence on the landing gear of the AF variant is high. Not so for the Navy variant. All in good time.
Well the LSP-7 landing gear had worked well for almost 1800 flights prior to the LSP-7's first flight. A good comparison would be TD-1's first flight where the LG wasn't retracted either IIRC.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

>> A good comparison would be TD-1's first flight where the LG wasn't retracted either IIRC.

yup.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Beautiful bird - far more balanced visually than the LCA. Excellent times, fullspeed ahead for LCA FOC!
anishns
BRFite

Post by anishns »

For that matter so was the PAK-FA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZM1y8rcyE
Rahul M wrote:>> A good comparison would be TD-1's first flight where the LG wasn't retracted either IIRC.

yup.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

any video of take off?
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

anishns wrote:For that matter so was the PAK-FA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mZM1y8rcyE
Rahul M wrote:>> A good comparison would be TD-1's first flight where the LG wasn't retracted either IIRC.

yup.
What are you speaking of sirjee ... This is TD-1s second flight ... AT 1:14 you can see the MLG being extracted!

This is the footage as released by Sukhoi of TD-1s maiden flight ... The landing gears are in retracted position between 0:49 to 0:55.
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

indranilroy wrote:

yup.
What are you speaking of sirjee ... This is TD-1s second flight ... AT 1:14 you can see the MLG being extracted!

This is the footage as released by Sukhoi of TD-1s maiden flight ... The landing gears are in retracted position between 0:49 to 0:55.
He is talking about the TD-1 (LCA)
Moreover, the Pak-FA being so similar to the Su-30 family they need not worry about landing gear design which in all probablilty is a slightly modified carryover.
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Raveen wrote:Moreover, the Pak-FA being so similar to the Su-30 family they need not worry about landing gear design which in all probablilty is a slightly modified carryover.
You have to be kidding - the Pakfa is an entirely new design, I could understand the above statement for say a Su-35, but the Pakfa?
Raveen
BRFite

Post by Raveen »

Cain Marko wrote:
Raveen wrote:Moreover, the Pak-FA being so similar to the Su-30 family they need not worry about landing gear design which in all probablilty is a slightly modified carryover.
You have to be kidding - the Pakfa is an entirely new design, I could understand the above statement for say a Su-35, but the Pakfa?
So your claim is that it is a clean sheet design?
Cain Marko
BRF Oldie

Post by Cain Marko »

Certainly. Of course this does not prevent the use of lessons learnt and gyan gathered from previous designs, and certain elements (such as the massive space between engines as well as huge internal fuel volume + massive stinger) are indicative of such intrusions. But overall, a totally new design combining lerx with delta design and novel control surfaces including levcons and movable tails. A natural follow on to the flanker design perhaps, but totally new.
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

IMO, NLCA/LCA Mk.1 version w/ F404 will eventually find its way to Lead-In Fighter Trainer (LIFT) and Operational Conversion roles after trainees graduate from the Hawk AJT stage. Total: 60-100 aircrafts.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

Raveen wrote: He is talking about the TD-1 (LCA)
Moreover, the Pak-FA being so similar to the Su-30 family they need not worry about landing gear design which in all probablilty is a slightly modified carryover.
I know what Rahul M was saying ... I did not get what Anish ji is saying :-)
Asit P
BRFite

Post by Asit P »

Sushil Kumar also joins the list of qualifiers for London Olympics

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/spor ... 903572.cms
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

so, what is the status of F414 production setup? Have we started making them in blur?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Asit P wrote:Sushil Kumar also joins the list of qualifiers for London Olympics

:eek: And this is related to the LCA?
kmc_chacko
BRFite

Post by kmc_chacko »

shiv wrote:
Asit P wrote:Sushil Kumar also joins the list of qualifiers for London Olympics

:eek: And this is related to the LCA?
he thinks so :lol: :rotfl: :D
Dhanush
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dhanush »

Great news. Dream comes true with NLCA flying.

Time for indigenous dhoti dance.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

LCA Navy prototype completes maiden flight
The naval prototype (NP-1) of Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) completed a glitch-free 21-minute maiden flight here on Friday, after almost two years since its roll out on July 6, 2010.

The flight test was carried out at the HAL Airport with Commodore J A Maolankar at the controls and Wing Commander M Prabhu co-piloting the aircraft within the designated flight envelope and successfully carrying out the planned tests.
The aircraft which was scheduled to take off at 10 am was delayed by two hours and ten minutes with bad weather preventing the sortie. At 12.08 pm the LCA Tejas (IAF version) screamed past the runway, taking off into the skies amid whistles and cheers but that was only the chase aircraft.

The real moment came two minutes later, at 12:10 pm, when the LCA-NP 1, the naval prototype of the aircraft became air-borne.
:D :D A hawk aircraft also did the sortie as a stand-by.
The aircraft became airborne and reached an elevation of 10,000 feet above the sea level at 450 kmph and flew about 30-km from the base before returning for the landing.
Maolankar said that they carried out various checks and observations during the sortie and that a lot of data has been collected, which will now be analysed.

Deputy Chief of Naval Staff Vice Admiral Satish Sonim who was also present on the occasion said that Team LCA should put their heads down and get to the initial operational clearance (IOC) stage by 2014 so that the process of induction could be expedited.

The LCA Navy programme, initiated in 2003, envisages building two prototypes.
Sree
BRFite

Post by Sree »

suryag wrote:Commodore Maolankar seems to have put on some weight :) Two navy pilots apart from Commodore Maolankar at NFTC is a good sign.
SuryaG Saar, two nitpicks:

- I don't think the naval officer in whites, around the middle of the line-up (who I assume prompted your comment about Commodore Maolankar's weight) is in fact Commodore Maolankar - his shoulder boards seem to me an Admiral's, rather than a Commodore's; and

- The naval officer on the extreme right of the line-up is, I think, not a pilot - his aircrew badge looks to me like Observers' wings, not pilot's wings.

But, in the context of all the congratulations, who cares!!
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Brilliant work on naval lca congrats to all involved one thing though are both pilots wearing dash helmets...?
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

We must take more interest and congratulate in all earnest all the good looking & hardworking ladies and gentlemen who put their hands & minds together for this beautiful moment.

Ok... who is this good looking young lady in red saree having such naughtier look & who is she looking at & what was happening at the other end & why the camera person is focusing on some old man with gloomy apron ? :lol: All I read from my maneetar is the word DAILY from the magazine she holds..see we are taking much interest in all the success of our nLCA maiden flight :rotfl:

Make no mistake BRF is always ahead of the curve, we always see things where others fail to see.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

normally tarmak gives us good reports including video clips.. this time nothing.. just wondering if he lost cont(r)act with the forces.