General Indian Armed Forces Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
chackojoseph
BRF Oldie

General Indian Armed Forces Discussion

Post by chackojoseph »

This thread used to be there. I cannot find it. Where else can we discuss on subjects like Budget etc. If Bradmins want to merge this with something else, please do.

Beyond Indian Defence Budget

By Air Cmde Raghubir Singh (Retd)
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Re: General Indian Armed Forces Discussion

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Overall a nice article... Completely agree with the author on conscription and making NCC mandatory, bringing back the glory that one had a few years back about being in the Forces...
Nihat
BRFite

Post by Nihat »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Overall a nice article... Completely agree with the author on conscription and making NCC mandatory, bringing back the glory that one had a few years back about being in the Forces...
that won't serve much purpose.
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

Over all I am not against women in combat role.

But can we expect ethical behavior from barbarian side-kicks of porki-land pure army, i.e. taa-lee-bunnies, if ever we have a women POW scenario?
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Women being women, are not able to grasp this point... Don't mean to be a sexist here, but i can't help but make such a statement.
In my college debate, this very same topic was discussed and no matter how rationally we showed them that in current circumstances its not prudent for us to do so, they just didn't seem to understand it, even off stage.
Gaur
Forum Moderator

Post by Gaur »

While I am dead against Women in IA combat roles, I would really like to see IAF induct female fighter pilots. The physical demands for a fighter pilot, while considerable, are not something that fit women cannot handle. I know the old POW argument but the shortage of pilots in IAF has to be dealt with somehow.