PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014 09:45 
BRF Oldie

New Brahmos Chief Sudhir Kumar Mishra two part interview
Part-1 Part-2

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014 10:44 
BRFite -Trainee

On the "BASMATI" patent fraud, please read below-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basmati#Patent_battle

Although Ricetec was initially awarded a patent, India took a very aggressive stance against it with the US and this was later revoked. I was in the US for close to 7 years and had been following this very closely. Right now, the only patent Ricetec holds is for the 3 strains developed by it.

Another personal observation here that India is perceived as a "soft nation" in various posts here. I think not. If you see the recent international incidents-Devyani Khobragade, Augusta Westland bank guarantees encashment, Italian marines and WTO stand recently, we DO KICK ASS. This is more apparent if you travel abroad and see our stand as viewed by Western point of view.

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2014 16:36 
BRF Oldie

Can you please explain in a bit of detail in Off Topic thread ?

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2014 21:28 
BRF Oldie

Flight of the Flanker: Ultimate jet fighter turns 30

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014 22:19 
BRFite

See the following article in The Pioneer newspaper:

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/oped/real-problem-lies-elsewhere.html

Quote:
The fact today is our IAF have yet to get the Su-30 working properly. It has an abysmal availability rate of less than 50 per cent. Its radar keeps failing, its expensive Israeli jamming pods have failed to integrate with the aircraft.

One defense analyst told me that while India has spent huge amount of money in 'MKIsing', IAF is not able to get 'MKI' to perform what it was intended for. He said Chinese have taken the base Sukhoi model and developed on it and it is a working aircraft for Chinese. He went on to say that one of the reason behind IAF's decision for MMRCA is because of the SU-30 unavailability.

What is the opinion of the experts of BRF on availability, integration, radar etc?

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014 22:31 
BRFite

Bharath.Subramanyam wrote:
See the following article in The Pioneer newspaper:

http://www.dailypioneer.com/columnists/oped/real-problem-lies-elsewhere.html

Quote:
The fact today is our IAF have yet to get the Su-30 working properly. It has an abysmal availability rate of less than 50 per cent. Its radar keeps failing, its expensive Israeli jamming pods have failed to integrate with the aircraft.

One defense analyst told me that while India has spent huge amount of money in 'MKIsing', IAF is not able to get 'MKI' to perform what it was intended for. He said Chinese have taken the base Sukhoi model and developed on it and it is a working aircraft for Chinese. He went on to say that one of the reason behind IAF's decision for MMRCA is because of the SU-30 unavailability.

What is the opinion of the experts of BRF on availability, integration, radar etc?

The writer of this article, has a long history of writing nonsense which has been documented repeatedly on the forum. He belongs to the "think tank" Observer Research Foundation of Ambani.
Other gems from this individual in the past from New York Times:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/12/opini ... .html?_r=0

Forum members should do basic research before posting the opinions of all and sundry, think for yourself not what others are saying, doing etc., better still no need to post at all. This fellow is everywhere, Sandia, Los Alamos, etc etc.
He also thinks the Nuclear posture of India is bad. He does not want India to raise conventional forces as it hardens the nuclear posture of TSP. On the other hand he does not say it but leaves to the reader to guess that he wants India to openly declare withdrawal of NFU. The decision is already foregone no, with Arihant soon to go on operational patrol. Will they keep things de-mated now and ask a DRDO team to be on board all SSBN's to do the mating? This NFU is just a red herring nonsense, means diddly squat. Sorry OT but I wanted to just point out what drivel this Abhijit Iyer-Mitra writes.

Last edited by vsunder on 26 Aug 2014 23:03, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2014 22:32 
BRFite -Trainee

With all the respect to the defense analyst (unless he was Zaid Hamid - mods my apologies), can you ask him whom did we impress in Red Flag exercises with Training (wonly) Mode radar ON with 80-90%+ mission availability ? :roll: Please also ask him when first MKI was introduced in IAF and when did IAF projected the MMRCA requirements?

Quote:

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014 01:59 
BRFite -Trainee

" It has an abysmal availability rate of less than 50 per cent. "

I dont vouch for this person... But I did see a recent conversation posted by Stratpost in youtube in which a retired IAF chief's claimed something similar... Saurabh Joshi (Stratpost Blogger) also claimed in the same video that as per Govt. of France rafale availability was around 45% in front of all the retired chiefs \ vice chief's.. to which one replied it was shocking ... I do know that Saurabh is inclined towards (or probably lobbying) for Gripen..

Just struck me after seeing the availability figures...

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014 06:18 
BRFite -Trainee

Engine Upgrades for Su30
IAF had some problems with the engines. As per this link, these are being fixed with an upgrade which should improve the avialability greatly

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014 09:19 
BRF Oldie

Location: Jambudveepe Bharatvarshe, Bharatkhande, Sakabde, Mero Dakshine Parsve
Bhaskar_T wrote:
With all the respect to the defense analyst (unless he was Zaid Hamid - mods my apologies), can you ask him whom did we impress in Red Flag exercises with Training (wonly) Mode radar ON with 80-90%+ mission availability ? :roll: Please also ask him when first MKI was introduced in IAF and when did IAF projected the MMRCA requirements?

Quote:

With no replacement engines. Which nation had the highest availability?

Most of this enlightened questioning is only to muddy the waters for MKIs and Rafales. Usage of pet peeves and personal difficulties of ex-honchos, general funding anemia and simple accumulated karma of indigenous incapabilities, to malign everything and by inference the targeted systems too.

PostPosted: 27 Aug 2014 09:56 
BRFite -Trainee

Not related to the ongoing discussion, but found this interesting article on the different variations of SU 30s and what India and the other countries got. Apologies if this was already posted, and pls. delete if not relevant

http://theweek.com/article/index/266870/russias-new-air-force-is-a-mystery