Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by Karan M »

rkhanna wrote:^^ See Images in SF thread. While SF was present dont think ALL pics with Tavor/M4s are SF. Could be combo of Ghatak QRF / RR units that came down from J&K.
No mention of other units.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-new ... 74459.aspx

Official sources said Western Army Commander Lt General KJ Singh too sent a Special Forces team to counter the fidayeen (suicide) team and support the police effort.

Also, IMO Post 26/11 and all the 'Photops's of Punjab SWAT etc the first responders performed subpar. Do we need to keep calling in SF units to deal with Incidents like these? What are Local SWAT being raised for?

However, after discussing the matter with National Security Adviser (NSA) Ajit Doval, Saini, a veteran of Punjab militancy, politely declined any outside help to tackle the three terrorists holed up inside the police station.

Officials said Gurdaspur SSP Gurpreet Singh Toor, SP Balijit Singh and local policemen engaged the gunmen, sending out the message that Punjab Police was capable of handling the operation.

On reaching the spot, Saini immediately asked for a security cordon from nearby Amritsar and Batala to prevent any chances of the terrorists escaping.

With the gunmen firing explosive ammunition from AK-47 rifles, Saini sent for a dozen medium and light machine guns along with 200 grenades from the Punjab Armed Police (PAP) ordnance depot in Jalandhar, and made preparations for floodlights and night vision devices in case the operation extended beyond dusk.

Sources said every effort was made to capture at least one of the three terrorists, with superintendent of police Baljit Singh losing his life in the attempt but, by around 3pm, Saini concluded that the attackers would rather kill themselves than be taken alive.

A quick consultation with Delhi by the DGP was followed by a dynamic response from police with personnel lobbing grenades and firing continuously into the rooms where the gunmen were hiding. The operation was over by 5pm with all three Punjabi-speaking terrorists gunned down.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

IndraDhanush 2015 photos by Jeff Head

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

https://twitter.com/livefist/status/629 ... 64/photo/1

Where is the #Indradhanush dhaaga?

these are great pics to preserve!!!!

Ramba flaunting way too close to Deeps

q: on ramba's left I see the refueling pod. what is that peeping on the right near the LERX?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

mmm.. interesting.. too much of LCA viewing perhaps. :)
---
arrey kyon delete kiya bhai?
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

from the same tweet link
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

Yaa what is that thing under the right air intake hain ji?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SaiK wrote: q: on ramba's left I see the refueling pod. what is that peeping on the right near the LERX?
30 mm cannon
Gagan
BRF Oldie

Post by Gagan »

That is the bandook on the left side of the picture above the LREX.

But what is that globular thing peeping from below the air intake ji?
chiru
BRFite

Post by chiru »

^^ it's part of the landing gear. The gear extends and locks onto the globular thing below the intake. You can find a similar bulge below the opposite intake. It's just an aerodynamic cover for the landing gear lock.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

one of the well known captain who wants to become a colonel!
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Please visit Aircraft Recognition thread to answer a question about Vishal Jolapara's photo of Gajraj above. Vishal Jolapara is barred from answering the q. :mrgreen:
Link
http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... 2#p1883902
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

click

name him.
Last edited by Indranil on 30 Sep 2015 03:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed large inline image.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Dhoni
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

kvraghav wrote:Dhoni

Dhoni could have done this with any private player, In US its couple of thousand bucks. I am sure Indian government is paying for this useless tricks for a guy who would not fight a war
pushkar.bhat
BRFite

Post by pushkar.bhat »

Well Dhoni does hold a Hon. Lt. Col. Rank with the 106 Para TA Bn. He is therefore entitled to do his jumps and get his badge. From what I heard he is doing the full course and doing all the mandatory jumps including the night jump.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

If its a ta battalion then is the rank hony.? Or is he embodied as Lt col?
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

I think it is okay to let Dhoni fly, and I am not a Dhoni fan. It is an advertisement of the armed forces.
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Its good PR for the forces especially among the 17-20 youth who would be prime targets for joining IA.
tushar_m

Post by tushar_m »

PR & Image building is an important aspect in today's world.

if among the crores of youngsters who like Dhoni even a few thousands gets motivated to join our armed forces then this is a fruitful exercise.
shyamm
BRFite -Trainee

Post by shyamm »

NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

I was about to ask since when did India adopt the kind of agri that one can see on the right side of the picture - the three discs.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

NRao wrote:I was about to ask since when did India adopt the kind of agri that one can see on the right side of the picture - the three discs.
That is just one for of drip irrigation. Newer methods of water saving irrigation merely require some dedicated piping and maybe a pump and these are now freely available in all garden/agri related outlets. A friend of mine - a keen gardener installed one type for his garden and I was tempted to copy.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

shiv wrote:
NRao wrote:I was about to ask since when did India adopt the kind of agri that one can see on the right side of the picture - the three discs.
That is just one for of drip irrigation. Newer methods of water saving irrigation merely require some dedicated piping and maybe a pump and these are now freely available in all garden/agri related outlets. A friend of mine - a keen gardener installed one type for his garden and I was tempted to copy.
each of those disks are about 1/3 mile in dia. They are circular because they are watered by a radial system - a spray that rotates around the center!!

The lake to the left is West Medical Lake - about 1.5 miles long.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

NRao wrote:
each of those disks are about 1/3 mile in dia. They are circular because they are watered by a radial system - a spray that rotates around the center!!

The lake to the left is West Medical Lake - about 1.5 miles long.
Raoji - you remind me of my US relatives educating the uninformed desi about the "real world out there". "This is called a car. This is a remote control. This is a bottle of Coke. We drink this instead of coconut water and out here everything is big" etc. These people saw Mysore bus stand, Bangalore train station, Bombay airport and US after that and know nothing else of India. You need to cut that out. Such circles have been visible in the US for 30 years at least, probably longer. The technology for that is not so deadly that it cannot be applied elsewhere.

OT but here you go. The one in the link goes up to 5 acres that is a 500 foot or 1/3 mile diameter circle. All you need is power and water and some money.
http://www.brightstarindia.com/center-p ... ation.html
Rampy
BRFite

Post by Rampy »

I am not against Doni (BTW I know him from childhood days - same school and colony). Look at the pics, I bet Dhoni is more worried about his 50 Cr /year, may do some camera stunts but not actual stuff and break his legs ( and i understand that). I will not join army because Dhoni did a hand waving to army folks. Doni is getting as much publicity as Army or even more. Oh look at Dhoni he is so dedicated to Indian Army :roll: We should charge them money and use that for Army welfare
Do we have any data to support that because of Amir, Karina, Doni etc. stunts made more people join Army against people watching PVC serial? PVC serial change my view not some stunt by these dudes

sorry for the rant
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

Rampy wrote:
kvraghav wrote:Dhoni

Dhoni could have done this with any private player, In US its couple of thousand bucks. I am sure Indian government is paying for this useless tricks for a guy who would not fight a war
Huh, couple thousand dollars? You can sky diving for around ~AUD 200. I doubt it cost army much. For attracting youngsters, its pretty good value for money.

In comparison, private players charge a couple thousand dollars to fly a fighter. A hour of MKI flying time prob costs over $10,000.
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

Guys this thread is not for discussion...
deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

Rampy wrote:
I am not against Doni (BTW I know him from childhood days - same school and colony). Look at the pics, I bet Dhoni is more worried about his 50 Cr /year, may do some camera stunts but not actual stuff and break his legs ( and i understand that). I will not join army because Dhoni did a hand waving to army folks. Doni is getting as much publicity as Army or even more. Oh look at Dhoni he is so dedicated to Indian Army :roll: We should charge them money and use that for Army welfare
Do we have any data to support that because of Amir, Karina, Doni etc. stunts made more people join Army against people watching PVC serial? PVC serial change my view not some stunt by these dudes

sorry for the rant

I know JEM has cautioned on this discussion but I wish to post this little clarification:

Dhoni or Amir Khan or Aishwarya are more for the serving folks morale boost. Any recruitment benefits are side effects. The course which Dhoni seems to have a done is a standard para course which would include many others and nothing specially organised just for Dhoni. Plus, unless I am mistaken or things have changed a lot, no free fall in the ab initio courses.

Actually, its good to see Dhoni take his Honorary role seriously and take the trouble to mix with the TA folks. Kind of doing justice to the priviledge given to him by TA.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

deejay
Forum Moderator

Post by deejay »

^^^ Shiv Sir, thanx. That top photo is Base Camp 3, Siachen.
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

Nice pics!! LCH looks like a million bucks!! :shock: :shock: :twisted: :twisted:
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Rambha warming-up Cashmere

shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Rambha warming-up Cashmere

mmmmm.. delicious..
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

NauSainik Sea Dragon leaving Ramenskoye 2 weeks ago after getting pimped-up

VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Rajdoot arriving in Cashmere

Dennis
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Dennis »

Interesting photo of the MKI - this one appears to sport a newer evolution/variant of RWR, with additional antennae on the tail fins pointing forward and outward.
These antennae don't appear on the MKIs that were present at AeroIndia or the ones that went to England.
Vishal Jolapara wrote:Rambha warming-up Cashmere

Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

Good find! If this becomes standard, we'll know this is the final eagle eye pgm variant
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:NauSainik Sea Dragon leaving Ramenskoye 2 weeks ago after getting pimped-up

Love the teal camo :)