Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Armed Forces

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
VishalJ
BRFite

Re: Miscellaneous Pictures - Indian Military

Post by VishalJ »

Pls get-up & do a SuryaNamaskar, They're Back!!

Photos by Angad from today afternoon

IAF day is on Oct 8th @ Hindon where SKAT will perform again after AI 2011, you can all go to catch the action.

Here's his photo of the static, the A-50 वायु चेतावनी एवं नियंत्रण प्रणाली विमान :mrgreen: will be on प्रदर्शन along with ALH Dhruv Mk3 & the rest which can be seen in the image
eklavya
BRF Oldie

Post by eklavya »

^^^^
Looking forward to watching the 8 Oct video, especially the new Surya Kiran team.
andy B
BRFite

Post by andy B »

Is it just me or does the awesome SKAT colours have a remarkable resemblance to Nippon and the rising sun!
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

पृथ्वीराज cometh to Kashmir 8)

VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

More on the thumbnail:

nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

The fifth edition of the joint exercise between Indian and China, codenamed ‘Hand-in-Hand 2015

Source - Rediff

nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Some comments \ Queries on pics above:-

Impressive building in Pic # 4
In PIc # 8 at right end why we have indian soldier pointing gun towards other direction and not towards firing range; or he is having a Camera and not a Gun
Pic 11 - Every chinese solider has different hand leg angles \ co-ordination
Pic 12 - Thats a superb kick display
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

The one that needs no introduction trumpeting into the valley with glory 8)

tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

Received the IFR 2016 theme song on email couple of days back. Posting incase it hasn't been posted earlier https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T8zWrC1zFQg
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Very interesting of IA to send Naga Regiment contingent for exercise with Chinese.
Rahul M
Forum Moderator

Post by Rahul M »

still cant come to terms with the new-old IN jack.
tsarkar
BRF Oldie

Post by tsarkar »

^^ Pakistanis too have Sanskrit named bases http://www.paknavy.gov.pk/himalaya.html They've kept the name because of the history. Alma Mater of generations of sailors, gunners & divers.

Chatrapati Shivaji's father Shahaji was named after a Muslim Saint, Hazrat Shah who blessed childless Maloji. Maloji was a sardar in Abyssinian Malik Ambar's Army, who harassed Jehangir with his guerilla warfare.
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Para drop from C-17

Supposedly SFF, but not confirmed
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

rohitvats wrote:Very interesting of IA to send Naga Regiment contingent for exercise with Chinese.

is it because the the Naga Regts in the east are mainly oriented north
:-)
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

IAF Mi-17 in SAR exercises with ICG.

VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Group Captain Suneet Krishna releasing chute & slowing down KH2013 http://www.airliners.net/photo/2726734/L/
Abhay_S
BRFite

Post by Abhay_S »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:Group Captain Suneet Krishna releasing chute & slowing down KH2013 http://www.airliners.net/photo/2726734/L/
looking TFTA. Vishal ji Thank you for the awesome pic.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Abhay_S wrote:
Vishal Jolapara wrote:Group Captain Suneet Krishna releasing chute & slowing down KH2013 http://www.airliners.net/photo/2726734/L/
looking TFTA. Vishal ji Thank you for the awesome pic.

Appreciate your compliment Abhay. Whats, TFTA btw? :oops:
Raja Bose
BRF Oldie

Post by Raja Bose »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:
Abhay_S wrote: looking TFTA. Vishal ji Thank you for the awesome pic.

Appreciate your compliment Abhay. Whats, TFTA btw? :oops:
TFTA
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo:

Jurman Raksha Mantri Ursulaben von der Leyen departing Mumbai after visiting Western Naval Command in this Beautiful Luftwaffe A340 ✈ http://www.airliners.net/photo/2729931/L/
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo

Wg Cdr Anirudh Karulkar & Flt Lt Navjot Singh complete their pre-flight checklist & start engines ✈ http://www.airliners.net/photo/2732197/L/

Gives u a scale of the sheer size of our Rambha! link to comment on the photo
srai
BRF Oldie

Post by srai »

It would be nice to see relative size differences between LCA and Su-30MKI. Photos of them side-by-side from top view. Same with MiG-21 and LCA.
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

Read this news on IDRW... not sure how authetic it is. But if it is - Respected Def Minister should take care of it going ahead - Link

As per article... Def Min was casually walking \ strolling during Guard of Honor with hand in its pocket which is disrespect to our forces

Same post is in India Army Thread - use that for any discussion
nits
BRFite

Post by nits »

The joint Indo-Russian military exercise codenamed INDRA-2015 From Rediff

SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

they should use white monkey caps white frames on the glasses, head bands, white INSAS, white gloves and shoes.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

My Latest Photo

VayuSena's endangered Bison ✈ http://www.airliners.net/photo/2736246/L/
Aditya G
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya G »

Does the army allow glasses for officers in the field?
nits wrote:....
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

nits wrote:Read this news on IDRW... not sure how authetic it is. But if it is - Respected Def Minister should take care of it going ahead - Link

As per article... Def Min was casually walking \ strolling during Guard of Honor with hand in its pocket which is disrespect to our forces

Same post is in India Army Thread - use that for any discussion

http://bharat-rakshak.com/cms/index.php ... le&id=5169

I agree with Jagan, but DM should naat naarmally wear sandals and hands in pocket (no matter what 1/nth of second) when it was snapped.

Now, it is a whole different TFTA matter to consider really why he is not well dressed? again naarmal naarmal dress code is wear a shoe if you are wearing a pant. chappal+dhoti is fine. did AK set a precedent for receiving a guard of honor on dhoti? anyone has pics?
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SaiK wrote:
I agree with Jagan, but DM should naat naarmally wear sandals and hands in pocket (no matter what 1/nth of second) when it was snapped.

Now, it is a whole different TFTA matter to consider really why he is not well dressed? again naarmal naarmal dress code is wear a shoe if you are wearing a pant. chappal+dhoti is fine. did AK set a precedent for receiving a guard of honor on dhoti? anyone has pics?
No Saik. That belief is only outside India. In India propriety demands taking off one's footwear in a whole lot of places - so shoes are a pain. I admit I do wear shoes to work, but slippers, floaters and sandals are the norm for most Indians because you cannot wear them into homes or even into many shops. At least 50% of patients take off their footwear before entering my room even when I tell them it is OK. They would expect the same of me entering their homes. But 100% must take off their shoes to get on a couch - which was not the case in the west. Not wearing shoes means nothing. Soldiers need protective footwear of course, but you might recall the ignominy of Indira Gandhi's operation Blue Star where all the soldiers went barefoot because it is just not on to wear shoes.

In fact I vowed never ever to wear a suit again in my life after I returned from the UK and I have managed perfectly well for more than 2 decades. Unfortunately I have been forced to wear a suit on about 4-5 occasions in 20 years. Our dress code is simply different. Our values are different
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

agreed and point taken. just wondering why we copied -as is- from brits many of the mil.values. sometimes values and applicability can change the course of mil standards and practices. don't we want different set of values there? just asking onlee. the mindset we have established that all that is brit/western dress code is TFTA and our civilian is SDRE. but our mil is mostly TFTA from dress code angle.

we can definitely make SDRE dress code much more advanced than copied TFTA dress code. we have to start engineering a new force suits where it fights with the them for the nation. amir-khans are doing so many things like this, and their ww2 wears are junk now.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

SaiK wrote:agreed and point taken. just wondering why we copied -as is- from brits many of the mil.values.
Inspections of guards by leaders existed long before the Brits. Shoes are hardly a British introduction, nor are guns. Trousers are not a British speciality. And when it comes to men on the ground there are a lot of things that are hardly British or western in terms of practice or diet. One needs to go even further back in history to look at where military displays and discipline come from and all of it predates the Brits. Some practices continue because they are rituals and rituals become an important part of group bonding and loyalty.
BharadwajV
BRFite

Post by BharadwajV »

Hopefully, not posted here before:

The Bada** quotient in this picture is too much (60 Tons of 'Thar is my bit**' towed by an 8by8 Tatra)

O.T Comparison-From Turkey, Scanias transporting Sabras(?):
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

courtesy: livefist
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

member_22539
BRF Oldie

Post by member_22539 »

^Truly a beauty, what lines!!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

marro marro line marro! :D
JE Menon
Forum Moderator

Post by JE Menon »

proud mallu ... I remember how awestruck I was when I first saw the modest entrance to the southern naval command (and my uncle told me what it was), maybe grander now I don't know, and then the navy vessels docked ... Had a similar feeling recently when by chance I saw a couple of our vessels docked on the coast of an East African seaboard state. All Indian states should get powerful naval vessels in their names, and in the names of freedom fighters of the last millennium.

Added later: guys, Shyte, this is supposed to be a no discussion thread.... Apologies and please desist. :oops:
sudhan
BRFite

Post by sudhan »

A freeze frame showing the cold launch of b-mos

vikassh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vikassh »

SaiK wrote:Image
courtesy: livefist
This one looks from Mission Udaan program telecasted on National Geographic channel a few years back.
kancha
BRFite

Post by kancha »

^^ You are right