Indian Army : News and Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
Rony
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Army : News and Discussion

Post by Rony »

Gen Bikram Singh's appointment raises many uncomfortable questions. The manner in which dirty tricks were played from the beginning to favour this person, how the plan to have him as COAS was hatched way back in JJ Singh's time (whose appointment itself saw SPJC openly playing the communal card in support of him) with careful planned elimination of potential contenders, how the current chief became a victim of this plan, how babus and the PMO are trying to make an example out of the current army chief, all these things needs to be be exposed.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

Ah, this is one case where I will agree with Sanku saar about BRF being "ahead of the curve". This is exactly what was being predicted here ages ago when this whole business started. It was dismissed as a conspiracy theory by several people back then.

I'm hoping against hope that the new chief gives the master manipulators in the govt. a nasty shock on this issue.
kunalverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kunalverma »

Colonel Rathee (not sure of the spelling) has filed an RTI application yesterday on the methodology adopted in the announcing of the new chief.
I have the unsigned copy of the RTI, which makes for interesting reading. I don't know how to initiate contact with the Colonel since the copy of the application came to me fromm someone else. If there are no legal implications (which shouldn't be) I'll post it here.
arnab
BRFite

Post by arnab »

nachiket wrote:Ah, this is one case where I will agree with Sanku saar about BRF being "ahead of the curve". This is exactly what was being predicted here ages ago when this whole business started. It was dismissed as a conspiracy theory by several people back then.

I'm hoping against hope that the new chief gives the master manipulators in the govt. a nasty shock on this issue.
I'm pretty sure this was never discussed. What was being suggested was that the new Chief would withdraw from Siachen and allow quotas in the armed forces.

I think VKS has been consistent in his message that the decision for withdrawl of AFSPA from J&K would have to be a political one (the Act has to be repealed by Parliament) and then the politicians should not expect the army to come and save their bacon if things go pear shaped. I believe they even made a presentation to the political parties where they showed that the average kashmiris cared about - electricity, employment opportunities etc...while the withdrawl of AFSPA was being pushed by the ISI, terrorists and secessionists.

So I don't see how the new chief can acquisce to (or prevent) a withdrawal of AFSPA. He can only give his views forcefully.
Last edited by arnab on 06 Mar 2012 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

The CYA mode in which the UPA and CON-gress party works means that they need the COAS to say that all is a OK.....GOI could not dare itself be seen as going against the professional advise of COAS/IA on such a matter or the opposition would have gone to town with the story....and god forbid, if the yellow matter hits the fan, then the mafia raj would not have had a place to hide. So, while technically they can take unilateral decision, the GOI would like to use the shoulder of COAS to fire the repeal-AFSPA gun.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Signed the petition. Mods please make the petition a stickie to get some visibility.
arnab
BRFite

Post by arnab »

rohitvats wrote:The CYA mode in which the UPA and CON-gress party works means that they need the COAS to say that all is a OK.....GOI could not dare itself be seen as going against the professional advise of COAS/IA on such a matter or the opposition would have gone to town with the story....and god forbid, if the yellow matter hits the fan, then the mafia raj would not have had a place to hide. So, while technically they can take unilateral decision, the GOI would like to use the shoulder of COAS to fire the repeal-AFSPA gun.
I agree and one hopes that the new Chief who was injured in the line of duty in J&K would be forceful enough not to let himself be used in that way. OTOH I have always been of the view that institutional malaise cannot be solved by depending on a few honest individuals.
Last edited by arnab on 06 Mar 2012 07:31, edited 2 times in total.
NRao
BRF Oldie

Post by NRao »

Apologies if this is the wrong thread and if it has been posted earlier, but here is another piece of a weird puzzle:

India Blacklists 6 Defence Firms
MoD Statement: The Ministry of Defence today decided to debar six firms- M/s Singapore Technologies Kinetics Ltd. (STK), M/s Israel Military Industries Ltd. (IMI), M/s Rheinmetall Air Defence (RAD), Zurich, M/s Corporation Defence, Russia (CDR), M/s TS Kisan & Co. Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi and M/s RK Machine Tools Ltd., Ludhiana – from further business dealings with the Ordnance Factory Board, Department of Defence Production, MoD, for a period of ten years.

The firms were recommended for blacklisting by the CBI on the basis of evidence collected against them. These firms were issued notice to show cause as to why action against them should not be taken consequent to the filing of the chargesheet in the case related to illegal gratification against former Director General of Ordnance Factories Shri Sudipto Ghosh and others. The decision to debar was taken today after taking into consideration their replies.
That one company (in bold) ....................................................

10 years? What happens to the deals already in the pipeline? Tavour, etc?

:(

Sad day for the Indian armed forces. Some yoyo in a govt organization does something and CBI make the ARMED FORCES pay for it?

Do not know what to say.

I guess Tin Cans will make a run now.
kunalverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kunalverma »

Was in Hyderabad yesterday with RRM Pallam Raju, VKS, Southern Army Commander and Dipti for the launch of our Northeast Trilogy.

http://m.timesofindia.com/city/hyderaba ... 153749.cms.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

nachiket wrote:
Ah, this is one case where I will agree with Sanku saar about BRF being "ahead of the curve". This is exactly what was being predicted here ages ago when this whole business started. It was dismissed as a conspiracy theory by several people back then.

Sadly, I don't enjoy such hope. Judging by how certain people are appointed to top post, exemplified by Thomas, CVC case, I see, it is already a closed case. 'They' select compromised people so they can shoot from these people's shoulder. Being compromised they will acquiesce and may actively take part. And I believe the appointee is a compromised one.
arnab wrote:I'm pretty sure this was never discussed. What was being suggested was that the new Chief would withdraw from Siachen and allow quotas in the armed forces.

I think VKS has been consistent in his message that the decision for withdrawl of AFSPA from J&K would have to be a political one (the Act has to be repealed by Parliament) and then the politicians should not expect the army to come and save their bacon if things go pear shaped. I believe they even made a presentation to the political parties where they showed that the average kashmiris cared about - electricity, employment opportunities etc...while the withdrawl of AFSPA was being pushed by the ISI, terrorists and secessionists.

So I don't see how the new chief can acquise to (or prevent) a withdrawal of AFSPA. He can only give his views forcefully.
No, they won't be re-approaching Army for the repeal in the same context. They will create a new circumstance or they will wait for such circumstance to happen and this will be forced upon Army and any decision taken will be seen as "blowing with the wind" as SCJ replied and it won't appear as compromised Chief bending to the diktat of this Govt.

So that we odd bunch of people congregate here splitting hair on what is right and wrong and media can sell news to their profit.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

nachiket wrote:Ah, this is one case where I will agree with Sanku saar about BRF being "ahead of the curve". This is exactly what was being predicted here ages ago when this whole business started. It was dismissed as a conspiracy theory by several people back then.
On the "ahead of the curve" thing, members here as well as outsiders too pointed out how these events are eerily similar to events leading to '62. I believe that too. In their looting spree, they failed to put this nation on proper growth path which pinches on the economy which further has direct bearing on modernization plan and acquisition while China leaping ahead on this front.
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

The govt of India has issued notification for the Limited Competitve Exam for entry to IPS from officer cadre of the Army among others. A truly welcome step. The provisions may require fine tuning, but it is a nice opening for the officers in the steep pyramidical structure of the army.

The UPSC has called for applications starting today 06 Mar 2012.
arnab
BRFite

Post by arnab »

^^

Hmm so a la 1962 are you asserting that Lt Gen Bikram Singh is unfit to be COAS?
kunalverma
BRFite -Trainee

Post by kunalverma »

Gives me great pleasure to share this with all you guys on BR

http://www.newswala.com/Hyderabad-News/ ... -9662.html
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Kanson wrote: On the "ahead of the curve" thing, members here as well as outsiders too pointed out how these events are eerily similar to events leading to '62. I believe that too. In their looting spree, they failed to put this nation on proper growth path which pinches on the economy which further has direct bearing on modernization plan and acquisition while China leaping ahead on this front.
You first have to restore democracy. Stop pretending that EVMs are anything other than a farce.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

<del>
Last edited by Rahul M on 08 Mar 2012 09:40, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: opinion like this is not welcome on BR.
Jaybhatt
BRFite

Background of Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh

Post by Jaybhatt »

Friends :

The Army's statement (in today's newspapers) directly charges Lt. Gen. Tejinder Singh (Retd.) with complicity in the plot against the COAS.

Any info. on this chap ? He seems to have been a beneficiary in the Adarsh rip-off, along with Deepak Kapoor et al.

He must be having many more skeletons in his cupboard. Contributors on this topic are requested to share their data banks.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

arnab wrote:^^

Hmm so a la 1962 are you asserting that Lt Gen Bikram Singh is unfit to be COAS?
I don't have very high opinion of top brass from kargil and days after and saying that for a longtime here. I may not be the right person to answer this Q but I'll give a try. Lately VKS seems to be the odd man out.

Was Army 'fit' during mumbai 26/11 to give a military response? Who should take the blame and who should be called out as unfit? Definitely COAS should take part of the blame. It is not only that COAS, those previously occupied that post should collectively take the blame.

Fit and unfit are perceptions. As long as there is no issues everyone appears fit. We are going to see, no?
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Marten wrote:
Kanson wrote:^ I think we need to have benevolent dictator of stipulated term before thinking about democracy to clean up the mess.
I'm aghast at your statement. Are you truly suggesting what you are? Hope that was in jest.
:D Then you need be aghast towards many people including many celebrities. If you missed noticing it, i like to stress the benevolent part of the dictator and limited term.
arnab
BRFite

Post by arnab »

Kanson wrote:

Fit and unfit are perceptions. As long as there is no issues everyone appears fit. We are going to see, no?
Fair enough. So your perception about the current scenario being similar to 1962 is also just that isn't it? - a perception. It can stem from various things: For e.g you might be a war hero and consider that Lt Gen Bikram Singh has done nothing to attain this exalted position except play politics. Or you may be post facto justifying to yourself as to why you had to become an NRI - because this country is so far gone down the drain it needs a 'benevolent' dictator to fix it (benevolent is also a perception; Zia thought he was a benevolent dictator; others didn't).

I think Stan had a very pithy comment about being 'ahead of the curve'. Sometimes we get so far ahead of the curve that we end up with our head in our ass :)
Yayavar
BRF Oldie

Post by Yayavar »

You are getting it - NAC :). Very benevolent, and always thinking of the common man. Very dictatorial as in not taking any input from anyone outside the group and not responsible to the people (unelected). Stipulated term is as long as the current government is in power. There you go.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

TOI (Times View) on the snooping issue.If the accused are guilty of the alleagtions against them,why were they not prosecuted by the IA thus far during Gen.VKS's term? If they are innocent,it is a slur oon their reputation.Either way it is "unacceptable".

PL.Chanakya,let me clarify matters.I am not malinging Gen.VKS. As I have maintained earlier I believe his version of his DOB.Unfortunately,in one early application,at the early stage of his career,which I have been very reliably informed,a DOB error (1950) in his own handwriitng,identical to two others where he entered his DOB as 1951,was made.This error has dogged his records in the IA.Why it was not corrected within the maze of IA babudom all along is open to speculation,especially so at the time of his promotion,when he was allegedly "coerced" into accepting his DOB as 1950.

It is at this point that Q's arise as to why he agreed.Obeying orders for the larger sake of the IA ? Whatever.This in my opinion was his first mistake.He should've got in wiriting from his superiors a letter saying that they would resolve the issue in due course.The oral assurance should've been rejected. This laid the way open for his term as COAS to be shortened if his DOB was not rectified.On attaining command,if the matter was so important to his honour,he should've immediately dscussed the same with the Def. Min.,as the length of his term would definitely affect the promotion of the next chief.

I also feel that he was wrong to have given an interview to a TV channel before going to the SC and "discretion would've been the better part of valour".He had his chance at the SC too.Why did he agree with the court then?a To now say that the court was wrong in a magazine interview,while still in office to me reflects v.poor judgement and a "grapes are sour" attitude.He now gives the impression of hitting out at those who allegedly "conspired" aganst him before he demits office.He may indeed be right all along.That "there is something rotten in the state of the IA" is very evident,but to me the etiquette and manner in which he has conducted his campaign leaves a lot to be desired. His strategy and tactics were at fault,not his mission.It is most unfoirtunate that he will be remembered more for the DOB controversy than his achievements while chief.
ShauryaT
BRF Oldie

Post by ShauryaT »

Kanson wrote:^ I think we need to have benevolent dictator of stipulated term before thinking about democracy to clean up the mess.
In trying regimes, such as that of the UPA, where democracy only means a loot of the nation and nepotism and corruption is the order of the day, such sentiments are bound to occur. Another way to deal with this situation is a constitution 2.0 for India, where there is indeed more democracy, especially at the grass roots, with adequate accountabilities and checks and balances, sorely lacking in our system.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

arnab wrote:^^

If selection , ab initio , is tainted then the question of fitness does not arise. He was appointed on the basis of a so called ultra vires succession plan and not based on his merits. Who has judged his merit?? It was decided 6 years ago and a lot of waters flow down the Ganges.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Philip wrote:TOI (Times View) on the snooping issue.If the accused are guilty of the alleagtions against them,why were they not prosecuted by the IA thus far during Gen.VKS's term? If they are innocent,it is a slur oon their reputation.Either way it is "unacceptable".

PL.Chanakya,let me clarify matters.I am not malinging Gen.VKS. As I have maintained earlier I believe his version of his DOB.Unfortunately,in one early application,at the early stage of his career,which I have been very reliably informed,a DOB error (1950) in his own handwriitng,identical to two others where he entered his DOB as 1951,was made.This error has dogged his records in the IA.Why it was not corrected within the maze of IA babudom all along is open to speculation,especially so at the time of his promotion,when he was allegedly "coerced" into accepting his DOB as 1950.

It is at this point that Q's arise as to why he agreed.Obeying orders for the larger sake of the IA ? Whatever.This in my opinion was his first mistake.He should've got in wiriting from his superiors a letter saying that they would resolve the issue in due course.The oral assurance should've been rejected. This laid the way open for his term as COAS to be shortened if his DOB was not rectified.On attaining command,if the matter was so important to his honour,he should've immediately dscussed the same with the Def. Min.,as the length of his term would definitely affect the promotion of the next chief.

I also feel that he was wrong to have given an interview to a TV channel before going to the SC and "discretion would've been the better part of valour".He had his chance at the SC too.Why did he agree with the court then?a To now say that the court was wrong in a magazine interview,while still in office to me reflects v.poor judgement and a "grapes are sour" attitude.He now gives the impression of hitting out at those who allegedly "conspired" aganst him before he demits office.He may indeed be right all along.That "there is something rotten in the state of the IA" is very evident,but to me the etiquette and manner in which he has conducted his campaign leaves a lot to be desired. His strategy and tactics were at fault,not his mission.It is most unfoirtunate that he will be remembered more for the DOB controversy than his achievements while chief.
Thanks , I can understand that you don't mean to malign him.
However, the other points are not correct. If Govt promoted me on the basis of DOB that I claimed till 2006 as Lt Gen then for me there was no controversy notwithstanding any entries made by Me in UPSC ( unproved with document) or any other documents. Also when AG Branch maintained 1951 as official DOB then where was the reason to stroke the controversy unless there is malafide. Such mistakes happen in many cases and resolved. I belived it was resolved and that is why Govt gave promotions to me on the basis of 1951, Why would anybody ask me to accept 1850 as DOB when it was unsupported by Documents. Generally I would be asked to give documents in proof od DOB and not to accept a certain DOB. So I maintain that a controversy was created by vested interest to suit a certain line of succession. All the crooked beneficiaries are also involved in Adharsh scam or Sukhna or disability pension or enjoying Gov'ship.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

This in my opinion was his first mistake.He should've got in wiriting from his superiors a letter saying that they would resolve the issue in due course.
Have you worked in real world??

At these sort of positions no one gives these in writing

Hell in my miserable world, it takes me a few days to get my boss to give me in writing that I am owed some comp days so that if he goes away i am not left stranded.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

An entertaining read from a blog that I follow sometimes (a ghost story) - http://thebutterflydiaries.wordpress.co ... t-story-2/

Don't know where else to post it. Makes a refreshing break from all the murky GoI dealings in the age issue.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

pandyan wrote:
With power comes greed, corruption, desire to cling on to it forever. There is nobody called a benevolent dictator. Atleast now, people have an option to rotate parties that does the deeds.

What we need is a wake-up-call from people. What we need is a team of able political leaders who put country before self and are able to take the people and the country forward.
This topic doesn't belong to this thread. Though, I like to clarify my point so this one last post on this topic and also becoz I sometimes thought whether Army could play such Benevolent Dictator role.

Benevolent Dictator: By being named as dictator it is not unusual to meander our thoughts on the lines of dictator. But, here benevolent being stress word, it is merely means anyone who enforces and leads us in the good path even when we collectively are not in a position to bring upon such good things by the existing setup. Throughout our lives, we see such examples. Parents, Teachers, Masters, Spiritual Gurus, Judges can be termed as Benevolent Dictators. Hope everyone see my point.

@Pandyan: By such thinking are we not subconsciously or consciously willing to accept those coming to power are going to be corrupt and anything good we can enjoy is only by pitching party B against party A? Of course I see what you are trying to say. I can quote other examples, since it is the current trend, let's contemplate Anna Hazare as BD for 6 months as incharge for electoral reforms as well as for Lokpal bill. 40 years is too much time not to pass Lokpal. Depending upon the condition, I have seen doctors prescribing injection for fast recovery instead of tablets. If we see, taking injection as non democratic as it punctures the body and there is blood, so it is violence and we belong to the nation of nonviolence, not acceptable blah blah, it is going to take long time to see the benefits. Judgement delayed is Justice denied.

@SharuyaT: Yes, probably Const 2.0 could be the way. To change that, we need a suitable environment. I don't know how the current setup, the usurpers of power(I mean all the parties) going to allow that. Where is the guarantee the next Gov doesn't behave as the current one. And what should be the benchmark?

Thanks everyone.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

From my enquiries, he was hardline on AFSPA when he was Corps commander in Kashmir.
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

shyamd wrote:From my enquiries, he was hardline on AFSPA when he was Corps commander in Kashmir.
Who? The new Chief or the old Chief?

If it's the new Chief and he suddenly gets a soft compromising attitude on the issue after becoming COAS, we'll know who to thank.
shyamd
BRF Oldie

Post by shyamd »

New. Let's see what he does and says on the subject, in the past he was against it. I know entire northern command is still against it.
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

HT headline:

CBI arrests own counsel in Adarsh scam
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Curiouser and curiouser! The stench of "rotting" flesh in the CBI needs to be taken care of first.The number of cases where the CBI is being ticked of for stalling,blocking investigations,etc.,indicates that unless the investigating agency is totally free to operate,like the CEC,the battle against the corrupt will be a long arduous uphill struggle,where there will be many setbacks.

Gen BKS will start off with a negative figure in his goodwill "bank balance".Given the huge allegations of conspiracies to place him in the hot seat he is going to find it very difficult to turn a blind eye to any misdemeanours of his predecessors who may have been his sponsors.It is going to be a tough task for him to remove the mud that has been thrown at him by some supporters of Gen.VKS.In the present political scenario after the recent state elections and the trouncing of the Congress,with the UPA-2 looking for salvation,the mendicant of snake-oil looking for rescue by SS Rashtrapathi Bhavan-as predicted well over a year ago,it is going to be "every man for himself and the devil take the hindmost".It will be scenes from the "Titanic" shortly,helter-skelter political chaotic hunting for a seat in the overcrowded lifeboats.No one is going to bother about the fortunes of the new incumbent of the IA.He will have to head for the bunker.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

If we assume that Gen JJ Singh is guilty of getting his appointee in place for COAS why is everyone making allegations about Bikram Singh? Have I missed the reports showing that India's new COAS is a corrupt, non upright man or are people going idiotically apeshit here?

Has anyone ever been a teacher's (or boss's) pet or blue eyed boy in the past? Has that made you corrupt? If JJ Singh was wrong, why are insinuations being made about Bikram Singh?

I think I will report the next unsupported allegation I see against the new COAS for admin action. A lot of people on this forum hate the current ruling party and believe al of them and their supporters to be traitors. JJ Singh is said to be a corrupt, manipulative man. By being connected with these people, how does Bikram Singh become corrupt?

Would it be possible to post some information about what is wrong with Gen Bikram Singh, or would people please lay off. the man has to head our army for 2 years.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Did I miss something? I didnt see any post making allegations of corruptions against BKS. Members are discussing selection process, line of succession and the whole episode leading to his nomination as COAS. The point, which I believe , is being made that despite his merits he would have to carry this huge burden as Philip pointed out. Unfair it may be but his actions would be critically judged each and every time. The questions are being raised about people involved in it and not about BKS par se. But just because he has been nominated as COAS does not mean others who fell prey to line of succession were any less meritorious unless we believe that everything was fair and either merit or seniority played its part Lastly , if you are seen in the company of crooked, nothing is to be assumed but always watched.

Like it or not, BKS would head IA for more than two years i.e. beyond 2014 and hopefully his authority as COAS ( though not as a person) would stand firm .

Shiv, Your missive is unnecessary and perhaps you are reading beyond what is intended by members here.
BijuShet
BRFite

Post by BijuShet »

shiv wrote:....
Has anyone ever been a teacher's (or boss's) pet or blue eyed boy in the past? Has that made you corrupt? If JJ Singh was wrong, why are insinuations being made about Bikram Singh?
Many are apprehensive of the next COAS because of the manner in which he was chosen by the current govt in power and also in your words his association with a previous COAS. The principal of "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion" (or "Sita's Agni pariksha" if you are a hindu fundamentalist) is being applied here. We have seen the damage done by a previous COAS and it is natural for folks to be watching out for signs that the next COAS may be following in the footsteps of his Teacher. We do not know the conditions he may have agreed to as quid pro quo to get the job.

From this article from "Legal Era" by Tarun Dhaka , Advocate, Ex Secretary Meerut Bar Association : Is Our Country Secure: When The Chair Of Chief Of Army Staff Is Not Secure
Why is the Government taking this hasty decision of rejecting the plea of Gen VK Singh? There is something more to it than meets the eye. If Gen VK Singh retires in 2012 then Lt Gen Bikram Singh would be his successor. It is learnt that a parliamentarian of UPA coalition, has written a letter to the Prime Minister on 07 Jul 2011 raising serious allegations against Lt Gen Bikram Singh. He has asked clarification regarding the nationality of daughter- in-law of Lt Gen Bikram Singh. It is alleged that the daughter-in-law of Lt Gen Bikram Singh is a citizen of Pakistan and is residing in Dubai. The Army Rules clearly lay down that if any close relative of defence personnel is a citizen/national of some other country then he has to inform regarding the same in writing since it can have serious security related implications. The parliamentarian has also raised allegations of bribery against Lt Gen Bikram Singh in allotment of shops while he was Corps Commander of 15 Corps. Lt Gen Bikram Singh’s image is tarnished with series of serious allegations. The media has reported that he has allegations of fake encounter of a 65 year old person in J and K and also in the killing of five persons in Pathribal after the incident in Chattisinghpura during Bill Clinton’s visit to India in which 36 Sikhs were killed. It is reported that the CBI filed the report after three years and Army HQ vide its Letter Number A/38240/MO/3A dt 30 Dec 2004 took protection under the garb of AFSPA. Further while Lt Gen Bikram Singh was the Commander of the Indian contingent of UN peace keeping mission to Congo in 2008, serious allegations were made against 51 personnel of a coy of Sikh Light Regiment for rape and molestation. The inquiry is still under progress and if the allegations are found true then it will be a serious blot on the image of Lt Gen Bikram Singh.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

chaanakya wrote: Unfair it may be but his actions would be critically judged each and every time.
<snip>
Shiv, Your missive is unnecessary and perhaps you are reading beyond what is intended by members here.
No my missive is not unnecessary and I am not reading more than I should.

Judgement of actions should come after such actions. Character assassination is the expectation of a certain action in future with the anticipated judgement that such an action would be indicative of corruption on the part of Bikram singh

The previous page has discussions where it is said that IF the AFSPA is repealed in Kashmir, it would be because Bikram Singh is a part of the GoI's plan to have a pliable COAS and that the GoI would achieve that through him. A hypothetical future act is already being attributed in anticipation to Bikram Singh's likely complicity. If it happens, it will be because of Bikram Singh and the corrupt GoI.
Last edited by shiv on 07 Mar 2012 10:43, edited 1 time in total.
SagarAg
BRFite

Post by SagarAg »

Breaking News: (Star News)
A territorial army jawan starting firing from top of a roof in Pooch district resulting in death of 2 women. He has been overpowered now.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

BijuShet wrote: Many are apprehensive of the next COAS because of the manner in which he was chosen by the current govt in power and also in your words his association with a previous COAS. The principal of "Caesar's wife must be above suspicion" (or "Sita's Agni pariksha" if you are a hindu fundamentalist) is being applied here. We have seen the damage done by a previous COAS and it is natural for folks to be watching out for signs that the next COAS may be following in the footsteps of his Teacher. We do not know the conditions he may have agreed to as quid pro quo to get the job.
Unfortunately the "damage" done by a previous COAS remains in the realms of speculation because the entire government, supreme courts and corrupt senior Army officers are alleged to be hand in glove. Having implicated a whole lot of people, it is convenient to implicate anyone else if it fits in with the overall story.

For me it is simple enough to challenge the story and see who says what. I don't even have to care about the actual truth or outcome. The truth is clearly different to different people.

I mean if you have a huge conspiracy story going, nothing is more fun than challenging those who subscribe to the conspiracy to reveal their inputs and make it more credible. It will be for the future good of the nation no? But even if it is not, why should anyone really care, once it is a given that the entire government and senior army officers are traitors anyway?