Indian Army : News and Discussion

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Army : News and Discussion

Post by chaanakya »

Why the Saint was keeping quite all this while?
He did not deny that VKS informed him as expected.
VKS had reportedly cancelled Tatra contract with BEML. So he did take action where required. The question is why higher ups did not act immediately on his complains. What were their motives?
Murugan
BRF Oldie

Post by Murugan »

Murugan wrote:Army Chief's full interview on TimesNow within 5 mins
Times Now flashed a marquee that a full interview will be broadcast, made chu of audience and abruptly ended it.
Muppalla
BRF Oldie

Post by Muppalla »

Army Chief may be shown the door faster than anticipated. I love the guts of VKS though in all probability he will lose the battle no matter what. The system and its establisment is powerful enough. Everyone else including the mighty SC is a spectator.
SureshP
BRFite

Post by SureshP »

Instead of indulging in endless conspiracy theories surely the simplest question are

Who offered the bribe ? This idiot does not name him

When was it offered ? It appears quite some time ago, then surely anyones first job is to inform the ministry IMMEDIATELY. For a the head of the army not to do so is not just a criminal offence but an offence for which he should be court-martialed.

Not to report this offence is to encourage bribers into committing further crimes. In fact to be actually a party to criminal activity.

This is my first ever post on General V K Singh but it appears to me that the army head is a self serving, self indulgent brat. India's promotion system within all services is arcane, arthritic, and just plain corrupt.

This General says he was "too shocked" by the bribe offer to "react" or even to report it later. Did he have enough wits about him to react if there were a raid across the LOC or would he waited after his retirement to complain about Paki perfidy.
Last edited by SureshP on 26 Mar 2012 23:40, edited 1 time in total.
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

^Wish you hadn't posted your first post on General V K Singh.

Army Chief’s allegations pit military brass against Ministry of Defence

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... epage=true
SureshP
BRFite

Post by SureshP »

nelson wrote:^Wish you hadn't posted your first post on General V K Singh.
I am just livid and find the whole incident INCOMPREHENSIBLE. Explain to me how,when you are doing one of the biggest, most sensitive goverment jobs ( previously mired in corruption allegations that have derailed the country and the armed forces for decades ) and in strolls a guy offering you over $2 million bribe to buy shoddy gear and your reaction ???????

Mine would be to have the man arrested at the GHQ where he had turned up and immediately inform the Ministry of Defence. I wouldn't have to think about this, or to juggle some deep moral or ethical dilemma BECAUSE there is no other course of action for anyone who is even just half decent and honest.

What this General confirms is that the head of the army has no moral or ethical compass. How deep within the army does this go ??
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Video Govt cornered over General VK Singh's allegations

Ajai Shukla lays it all out

1. 26 years into the so called indigenization and absorption of technology, the truck till today remains a left hand drive. :rotfl:

2. BEML's agreement is with a contractor company, which has subcontracted to the original manufacturer.

3. The truck costs 40 lakhs in Czechoslovakia and 110 lakhs in India.

4. BEML is a MoD company.

5. After the Chief comes, he cancels the contract and goes for Ashok Leyland/Tata vehicles. Ajai asks a pertinent question here, which company is the most affected one? If somebody offers a bribe to the chief, on whose behalf is he offering? Spot on Ajai!
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

SureshP wrote:I am just livid and find the whole incident INCOMPREHENSIBLE.
Perhaps if you actually read something before you turned purple? Or maybe it's reading comprehension that's at stake here? The Chief informed the Minister as was required of him. I mean a sentence like "The General said he went straight to Mr. Antony and reported the matter. " is just soooo complex. Then there is a question of what exactly you arrest people for. That too is stated in any article you choose to read. Me personally I'm glad to know people in big, sensitive government jobs have the sense to think before fuming.

Contemptible.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

SureshP wrote:Instead of indulging in endless conspiracy theories surely the simplest question are
There is a simplest way to answer simpleton question which any person must know before belching filth all over the forum -- that is to read the basics of the case before speaking. You obviously are not familiar with the 1,2,3 of the situation, kindly appraise yourself of the basics, and then post.

And oh delete that piece of nonsense you have put down their before you embarrass yourself any further.
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

SureshP wrote:Instead of indulging in endless conspiracy theories surely the simplest question are

The only idiot here is you who is suffering from foot in mouth disease of the worst kind. What right do you have to call him an idiot? All you do is post a half baked post w/o researching the facts or figures and yet, you blame the serving COAS?
When was it offered ? It appears quite some time ago, then surely anyones first job is to inform the ministry IMMEDIATELY. For a the head of the army not to do so is not just a criminal offence but an offence for which he should be court-martialed.
Seriously, how old are you? or did you bang your head against the wall? You are using the word Court-Martial as if you're ordering tea from the stall next door - do you even comprehend what you're saying? Arrest someone because he "offered" to give bribe? go back to reading Archie's and save the torture of reading your posts.
Not to report this offence is to encourage bribers into committing further crimes. In fact to be actually a party to criminal activity.
This takes the cake....only one party to anything is you and that too to the loony toons!!!
This is my first ever post on General V K Singh but it appears to me that the army head is a self serving, self indulgent brat. India's promotion system within all services is arcane, arthritic, and just plain corrupt.
Oh yes!!! the prophet has spoken...all hail the mahdi!!!
This General says he was "too shocked" by the bribe offer to "react" or even to report it later. Did he have enough wits about him to react if there were a raid across the LOC or would he waited after his retirement to complain about Paki perfidy
Aye aye... Herr Generalfeldmarschal Manstein.....we will forward your credential to army war college and ensure that all future cheifs personally take lessons in the higher art of warfare from you.....
Sumair
BRFite

Post by Sumair »

This General says he was "too shocked" by the bribe offer to "react" or even to report it later. Did he have enough wits about him to react if there were a raid across the LOC or would he waited after his retirement to complain about Paki perfidy.
If only “the IDIOT you” had read the previous posts before posting your nonsensical drivels… but alas
GopiD
BRFite

Post by GopiD »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxx3GtGT ... r_embedded

Just watched GENERAL'S COURT MARTIAL II...

An absolute treat to watch a straight, honest and a clear-headed chief with an analytical mind.

If ever a war is thrust on us, I would like it to be now.....coz I have my utmost trust in our chief and his capabilities (just my preference)..... I am assured we would be safe until at least May 2012....

I am particularly worried that he hasn't been given his due.....Long live this honest patriot.....
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

ToI: 'Gen V K Singh did not seriously pursue bribe matter'
NEW DELHI: Army chief General V K Singh will not fade away as an old soldier. He has fired another damaging salvo at the government by disclosing he was offered Rs 14 crore bribe by a lobbyist barely six months after he took over as the Army chief in 2010.

His disclosure prompted a rattled government to order a "comprehensive" CBI inquiry into the matter. Defence minister A K Antony, on the back-foot after opposition MPs forced adjournment of both houses of Parliament on Monday, said, "The allegations are serious. We have to handle it...I have taken action (by ordering the inquiry)."

Although Gen Singh did not name the lobbyist, an Army HQ press statement on March 5 had directly accused Lt-General Tejinder Singh, who retired as the chief of the Defence Intelligence Agency in July 2010, of spreading "salacious and mala fide stories".

The CBI quickly constituted a team to probe the matter and lodge a case, marking yet another twist in the continuing saga of unseemly controversies dogging the 1.13-million strong Army, from Gen Singh's bitter tussle with the defence ministry over his actual age to the force being accused of clandestinely tapping phones of senior ministry officials, all of which seem to be intertwined.

His most recent allegations are sure to mark Gen Singh's tenure as one of the most controversy ridden in the Army's history. It left the government squirming and saw Opposition stalling Parliament and demanding that explanation about what has been done on the army chief's complaint.

Gen Singh's penchant to repeatedly embarrass the government has further reduced his popularity in the higher echelons of UPA-II, while also sharpening the civil-military divide like never before.

Sources reveal that a powerful group, in the cabinet and top bureaucracy, had pressed the government to sack Gen Singh after he decided to move the Supreme Court in January - an action that was the first of its kind display of dissent by a serving military chief. But Antony protected Gen Singh against such a drastic action.

Antony, however, found himself searching for words on Monday with the Army Chief's fresh claim that seemed to suggest inaction or a weak response from the minister in 2010, when Gen Singh apprised him of the alleged attempt to bribe him.

"Meri baat sunkar Raksha Mantri ne apna matha peet liye tha (Antony held his head in his hands in sheer dismay when I told him). He said such people should be kept out," said Gen Singh.

Top MoD sources, while admitting Gen Singh had indeed verbally reported the bribe attempt to Antony, said the Army chief did not submit a written complaint or "seriously pursue the matter" thereafter.

"As a public servant, Gen Singh could have got the person offering the bribe arrested or lodged an FIR. He has been writing letters to the minister, right, left and center, on his age and other issues. Why did he not do the same for this?" said a source.

Gen Singh says the lobbyist's bribe offer, on behalf of a foreign military vehicle supplier that has a tie-up with a defence PSU, was made in "an indirect way" and left him completely stumped.

The statement on retired Lt Gen Tejinder Singh is not the only evidence of divisions in the Army. Indicative of the raging factional feud within the force, the Army has even accused some other "disgruntled" serving and retired military intelligence officers of "fabricating the fiction" that a covert Army unit had spied on MoD officials during the prolonged stand-off over Gen Singh's age. A serving major-general and a colonel are already facing the heat in the case.

Lt-Gen Singh (retired) on being contacted, said, "I have not worked for anybody or on anyone's behalf since the day I retired. The allegations against me are totally false. Based on the Army's earlier press statement, I have issued legal notices to all concerned, including the chief. We will take follow-up legal action, sooner than latter."

With a marked "trust deficit" emerging between Antony and Gen Singh, the government had last month announced that Eastern Army commander Lt-Gen Bikram Singh would take over as the next chief when Gen Singh retires on May 31, three months in advance instead of normal two-month norm as a measure of abundant precaution.

Many within the government, who had been extremely unsympathetic towards Gen Singh's fight over age issue, are now feeling vindicated, as the Army chief continues to embarrass the government in unexpected ways.

After the Supreme Court gave no relief to Gen Singh on his age issue, the government was expecting him to quietly bide time till retirement. Indications are that Gen Singh's fresh claims, when Parliament is in session and embarrassing one of the senior-most Congress leaders known for his personal integrity, hasn't gone down well with the Congress party.

While many had been comparing the relations of Gen Singh and the government to the stand-off between Admiral Vishnu Bhagwat and the then NDA government in 1998, the noticeable difference has been Antony's support of his Army chief. However, this previously unconditional support may not last much longer, given the unwanted controversy into which the defence minister has now been dragged in by Gen Singh.

Can some of the senior posters please throw light on whether a written complaint is required ? Some one in ToI comments wrote that verbal communication is enough in Army Laws - but my understanding is that Army Law wouldn't apply to the RM. Of course, this doesn't absolve St Antony of his tacit inaction in the matter, but just want to know whether the General did enough. TIA.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

...."indirect" approach.What does this mean? Did someone come up to him and directly say,"look,this is your cut.14cr.",or more subtly put,"you know general,I'm told that this deal may be worth perhaps 14cr. ",etc.,etc. How exactly did Gen.VKS convey this alleged bribe to his Def.Min.,orally ,or in writing?

Secondly,the vast amount of purchases and acquisitions by the MOD for the services would mind-boggle any minister.He would surely come across many rumours about dealers and heir agents and alleged offers from serving officers and administrators.As we see in this case,it is a simple deal involving a non-lethal "boring" acquisition where the moolah is alleged to have been made.Jacking up the price of spares and components,uniforms,boots,coffins,ammo,etc.,etc., is perhaps less detectable and more lucrative than 'big-ticket" The Def. Min. has to delegate "policing" tasks to other members of his ministry.The fact that there have been a number of firms blacklisted by the MOD indicates that there has been some sort of propriety and transparency that "St.Anthony" has tried to bring into the system.However.the knee-jerk action to now bring the CBI into the picture smacks of panic!

It is also clear that Gen.VKS is shafting his enemies who have deprived him of a full term as COAS.Like Samson of yore,he is now trying to pull down the house of the Phillistines and couldn't care less about the collateral damage he is causing to the service and the forces in general.He has just a few weeks in which he can do maximum damage to his detractors and exercise his authority as COAS.With a scandal plagued govt. whose core has rotted, been hollowed out by corrupt "termites",Gen.VKS's timing is perfect,coming as it does on the heels of the grimy coal scandal ,said to be even greater than the 2-G rape of the nation.We do not need latter day nadir Shah's and Babur's to invade the country and loot it by force anymore. The Rajas,Kalmadis and their tribes are doing an even better job working within the govt. and system!
peter
BRFite

Post by peter »

Philip wrote:...."indirect" approach.What does this mean? Did someone come up to him and directly say,"look,this is your cut.14cr.",or more subtly put,"you know general,I'm told that this deal may be worth perhaps 14cr. ",etc.,etc. How exactly did Gen.VKS convey this alleged bribe to his Def.Min.,orally ,or in writing?
Well I think it is obvious enough! Anthony ordering a CBI probe does indicate that the General had "proof" of telling Anthony about this matter. Someone should ask Anthony why he sat on the complaint.
Philip wrote: It is also clear that Gen.VKS is shafting his enemies who have deprived him of a full term as COAS.Like Samson of yore,he is now trying to pull down the house of the Phillistines and couldn't care less about the collateral damage he is causing to the service and the forces in general.
Are you kidding me? VKS is absolute steel and I hope the new COAS is even better then him on all these matters. The inept politicians and babus cannot be made to ruin India's army. General VKS is cleaning up the rot. He deserves everyone's praise for his efforts.

I fail to understand your logic in criticizing General VKS.
peter
BRFite

Post by peter »

peter wrote:Happening already! Congress is slamming General Singh:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 416599.cms
"It is really unfortunate. Being a government official and head of the Indian Army, he should have registered an FIR if someone came to him and offered a bribe," said Congress spokesperson Manish Tewari.
chackojoseph wrote: Manish Tiwari and Digvijay Singh are the residuals left from Anna Hazare campaign. These both along with P Chidambaram and Kapil Sibal will bury any honest man alive.
True. Though someone should ask (are there any journalists on the forum?) Tiwari etc that why did Anthony not order a probe when General VKS told him?
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Philip wrote:It is also clear that Gen.VKS is shafting his enemies who have deprived him of a full term as COAS.Like Samson of yore,he is now trying to pull down the house of the Phillistines and couldn't care less about the collateral damage he is causing to the service and the forces in general.He has just a few weeks in which he can do maximum damage to his detractors and exercise his authority as COAS.With a scandal plagued govt. whose core has rotted, been hollowed out by corrupt "termites",Gen.VKS's timing is perfect,coming as it does on the heels of the grimy coal scandal ,said to be even greater than the 2-G rape of the nation.We do not need latter day nadir Shah's and Babur's to invade the country and loot it by force anymore. The Rajas,Kalmadis and their tribes are doing an even better job working within the govt. and system!
So you believe the whole system is rotten but don't want anyone to do anything about it? How else can anyone prosecute this fight? The system is rotten. Working within the system has clearly allowed things to fester. Someone has to speak up. He's clearly hoping the people still can discern something of the truth through the haze of insinuations and muck the govt. throws up. He's one of the few senior officers in the Army that people still look upto. He's putting all that on the line to do what he believes is right.

Personally I'd rather have the rot cleared in the Army. Damage to the Army's reputation be damned. Bad corrupt leadership ends in a lot of dead young men.
krisna
BRF Oldie

Post by krisna »

Saw in kitab e chehera-
closed minds should also have closed mouths. :(( :((
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

johneeG wrote: The thinking behind the distorted proverb is: politicians are obviously bad, you can't expect anything better from them. It is the people who vote for these people who should know better.

But, what is ignored in this thinking is that most of the time people have hardly better viable choices.
The beauty of EVMs is that you can push aside any good candidates and then blame the people for making bad choices!
anjan
BRFite

Post by anjan »

Arun Roperia wrote:Video Govt cornered over General VK Singh's allegations

Ajai Shukla lays it all out
Particularly interesting was MP Madhu Goud's comments. He was primarily in the business on trying to fling mud to see what stuck. Someone should have asked him if an MP is assume to have close personal contact with everyone he/she meets over a given day. This is the problem with the govt. and the Congress. Their first and last instinct is to throw mud.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

... the vehicle deal was first signed between BEML and Tatra Sipox (UK) and it was only later that Vectra and its owner, an NRI called Ravinder Kumar Rishi, came into the picture with BEML signing a collaboration with Tatra Vectra Motors, a joint venture between Tatra a.s. and the Vectra Group.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/army- ... s/928855/2
What is the data available on the shell company Tatra Sipox (UK) and the NRI Ravinder Kumar Rishi?
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

In 1987, BEML had signed an agreement with Omnipol Foreign Trade Corporation, then part of the erstwhile Czechoslovakia. Under that agreement, the licensor, Omnipol, was to furnish all assembly and production drawings of Tatra for Rs3 crore by March 1997. But 25 years later, BEML has not been able to buy the trucks on its own.

The defence procurement guidelines clearly say all purchases should be made from the original equipment manufacturer. But BEML has been dealing with Tatra Sipox (UK) Ltd, which is neither the OEM nor a subsidiary of the OEM.

http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_ge ... on_1667857
Jaybhatt
BRFite

Post by Jaybhatt »

Abominable Posts by SureshP

This fellow's posts were two of the most perverse and pernicious pieces that I have had the misfortune of reading on this forum.

My confrères Nelson, Anjan, Sanku, Rohitvats and Sumair have given fitting ripostes to the offender. More power to their elbows.

However, deeper concerns remain. These concern the credentials and bonafides of the transgressor. Clearly, he is not kosher. His despicable agenda to demean the Chief is certainly a deliberate and conscious attempt to do a hatchet job at the bidding of some interested parties, as the scumbags in THE TIMES OF INDIA are doing.

If this not so, then SureshP is a stand-alone virus - degenerate to the core. No moral fibre and framework, at all.

BR Administrators and Moderators must step in to stop further transgressions like this. I am not in favour of intellectual policing but there is a limit to profanity. :(
d_berwal
BRFite

Post by d_berwal »

Some links of TATRA controversy in news in previous years: (simply Google)

BEML CMD Natarajan faces defamation suit
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_be ... it_1618293

Exposed! The Rs750 crore Tatra scam
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_dn ... am_1568123

http://www.consumercourt.in/product-ser ... s-ltd.html

BEML boss routes Tatra truck commission through family-owned company
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_b ... ny_1568786

REPORT: Indian-built Tatra Trucks Bring $170m Kickbacks
http://livefist.blogspot.in/2011/07/rep ... bring.html

Indian Army’s dignity in danger
http://www.eng.chauthiduniya.com/2012/0 ... -in-danger

BEML secret: Keep it Czech made, rake in kickbacks
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_be ... ks_1568544

Defence procurement scam: BEML, defence ministry denial far from truth
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_de ... th_1568152

DNA investigation: How military non-indigenisation helps vested interests
http://www.dnaindia.com/india/report_dn ... ts_1568492

Defence equipment system props bribery: Retired general
http://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_d ... al_1569478
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

RM A. K. Antony speaking (live) in Rajya Sabha on this topic (emotional). Rstv Live

-> He says how throughtout his public life he laid emphasis on probity.

-> I was reluctant to take up the Def Min.

-> I've blacklisted many companies which indulged in corruption.

-> I told services that I'm for modernization but I won't allow corruption and will cancel contracts if any irregularities were found.

-> He says that Gen VKS told him that he doesn't want to pursue this complaint. (I've my doubts regarding this).

-> I've directed a comprehensive CBI inquiry.

Arun Jaitley says

-> Something seems be going wrong with statecraft. Why are the things being settled in the open with the armed forces?

-> Nobody doubts the integrity of Def Min, but why did he not act on Gen's complaint?

-> Def Procurement/modernization should not suffer because of these controversies.

(ending updates)
Last edited by Roperia on 27 Mar 2012 12:17, edited 5 times in total.
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

No wonder Gen VKS has made so many enemies, trying to hit at the roots of some very entrenched vested interests. The tremendous amount of vitriol against him here and elsewhere, by some folks, is a testimony to how hard he has kicked the corrupt in their very b$lls

More power to Gen VK Singh -- what a man.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Arun Roperia wrote:RM A. K. Antony speaking (live) in Rajya Sabha on this topic (emotional). Rstv Live
another link - http://rajyasabha.nic.in/rsnew/webcast/rstvlive.html

It's somewhat difficult to understand Antony's speech.

It seems he is trying to blame VK Singh, he claims that he asked VKS to action, but that VKS refused to pursue the matter.

Given the links unearthed by Berwal, it is plain that the bribery was widely known. Ridiculous that Antony is claiming to be paragon of virtue.
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

nelson wrote:IMHO, this will snowball in to something unpleasant, that we have not heard or seen before.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/a ... epage=true
i see VKS quitting or being asked to quit in imminent future.
Jaybhatt
BRFite

Post by Jaybhatt »

The Congress Government Reacts to the Chief's Bombshell

Just saw the replay of an NDTV programme telecast yesterday.

The Congress spokesperson was a certain Madhu Goud Yakshi, an MP. The buffoon persisted (throughout the programme)
in referring to Lt. General (Retd.) Tejinder Singh as a Colonel. Thank heavens for small mercies - Yakshi didn't demote the bribe-offeror to the rank of Lieutenant.

The refrain of the Yakshi fellow was : "How dare a Colonel go the Chief's office ? What was the proximity between the two etc. etc ? This gibberish was proffered in order to suggest that the Chief might have been in cahoots with the offender. Evidently, the Govt.'s dirty-tricks department is so desperate these days that they are ready to try any gimmick.

The low-lives of the Congress - UPA regime now realise that their regime is facing an inglorious end. Read "The Last Days of Hitler" by Hugh Trevor-Roper to get an idea of the ambience in the Berlin bunkers as the Red Army closed in on the Reich capital in early May 1945. 10 Janpath must be in the same twilight.

But to employ complete write-offs like Madhu Goud Yakshi and Manish Tewari to save their bacons ?
Roperia
BRFite

Post by Roperia »

Pranav wrote: It seems he is trying to blame VK Singh, he claims that he asked VKS to action, but that VKS refused to pursue the matter.

Given the links unearthed by Berwal, it is plain that the bribery was widely known. Ridiculous that Antony is claiming to be paragon of virtue.

Yes, disappointed how he lay the entire blame on Gen VKS by claiming that when the Gen complained, I asked him to pursue the case but Gen said I don't want to pursue this. (Is RM trying to say - Gen came to report the bribe offered but he wanted to save the skin of the alleged briber. Ridiculous!)
Last edited by Roperia on 27 Mar 2012 12:28, edited 2 times in total.
Nikhil T
BRFite

Post by Nikhil T »

Jaybhatt wrote:The Congress Government Reacts to the Chief's Bombshell

Just saw the replay of an NDTV programme telecast yesterday.

The Congress spokesperson was a certain Madhu Goud Yakshi, an MP. The buffoon persisted (throughout the programme)
in referring to Lt. General (Retd.) Tejinder Singh as a Colonel. Thank heavens for small mercies - Yakshi didn't demote the bribe-offeror to the rank of Lieutenant.

The refrain of the Yakshi fellow was : "How dare a Colonel go the Chief's office ? What was the proximity between the two etc. etc ? This gibberish was proffered in order to suggest that the Chief might have been in cahoots with the offender. Evidently, the Govt.'s dirty-tricks department is so desperate these days that they are ready to try any gimmick.

The low-lives of the Congress - UPA regime now realise that their regime is facing an inglorious end. Read "The Last Days of Hitler" by Hugh Trevor-Roper to get an idea of the ambience in the Berlin bunkers as the Red Army closed in on the Reich capital in early May 1945. 10 Janpath must be in the same twilight.

But to employ complete write-offs like Madhu Goud Yakshi and Manish Tewari to save their bacons ?
It was quite shocking to say the least. I noticed the same thing. He was being a typical politician, fumbling for words but ready to pass judgement on people who've trained professionally for the positions that they hold today.
Jaybhatt
BRFite

Post by Jaybhatt »

Pranav : "The beauty of EVMs is that you can push aside any good candidates and then blame the people for making bad choices!"

May I bring to the attention of my fellow BR commentators the wonderful observation of Bertholt Brecht, the great German playwright and philosopher ?

"After reviewing the results of the last elections, the government has decided to elect a new people".

Can you imagine Manish Tewari trying to pinpoint the source of this epic observation ?
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

nelson wrote:Congress puts onus on Army Chief. Lt Gen retd Tejinder Singh also had done so. VKS will pass the onus on to AKA, who in all probability will raise his hands and say to VKS, 'man you are on your own'. If VKS can get the FIRs he pointed to in his interview, fine. Else, he is going to be sacked in quick time.
Part of it has played out quickly, the remaining shall take place in a week.

Will General V K Singh complete two years in office???
Last edited by nelson on 27 Mar 2012 12:38, edited 1 time in total.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

VKS should issue a denial of the allegation that he refused to pursue the matter.

By the way, Jaitley's performance was not so strong. From the BJP it was Balbir Punj who hammered the relevant point.
Pranav
BRF Oldie

Post by Pranav »

Jaitley: the govt and VKS should not have put blinkers on their eyes.

One does not appreciate Jaitley's efforts to do an == between VKS and the govt.
nelson
BRFite

Post by nelson »

As far as established norms are concerned, once the junior reports an issue to his senior, the junior's culpability in not taking action on the issue vanishes. Mr Antony's statement in RS lacks logic in that he does not deny that VKS reported the matter to him but says that he had asked VKS to take action which was declined by VKS.

Question 1: Was there an option with VKS to decline?
Even if there was one,
Question 2: With Mr Antony's preamble to the statement he issued in Rajya Sabha today, bringing out his probity in long public life, why did he leave the option with VKS?
chetak
BRF Oldie

Post by chetak »

nelson wrote:As far as established norms are concerned, once the junior reports an issue to his senior, the junior's culpability in not taking action on the issue vanishes. Mr Antony's statement in RS lacks logic in that he does not deny that VKS reported the matter to him but says that he had asked VKS to take action which was declined by VKS.

Question 1: Was there an option with VKS to decline?
Even if there was one,
Question 2: With Mr Antony's preamble to the statement he issued in Rajya Sabha today, bringing out his probity in long public life, why did he leave the option with VKS?

There is a reason why saint antony's mundu is always spotless.

Extremely well evolved Risk avoidance process and a robust CYA syndrome.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Arun Roperia wrote:RM A. K. Antony speaking (live) in Rajya Sabha on this topic (emotional). Rstv Live

-> He says that Gen VKS told him that he doesn't want to pursue this complaint. (I've my doubts regarding this).
Arun Roperia wrote:
Pranav wrote: It seems he is trying to blame VK Singh, he claims that he asked VKS to action, but that VKS refused to pursue the matter.

Yes, disappointed how he lay the entire blame on Gen VKS by claiming that when the Gen complained, I asked him to pursue the case but Gen said I don't want to pursue this. (Is RM trying to say - Gen came to report the bribe offered but he wanted to save the skin of the alleged briber. Ridiculous!)
Gents, Gen VKS discussion with St. Antony in this incident is neither smooth nor cordial.
If VKS has to utter such wordings, it is plain and clear that it must be a heated discussion and possible that St. Antony could have cast aspersions. It is possible that it is only when St. Antony doesn't believe or agree with VKS that VKS could have said he don't want to pursue the matter and these wordings, “I told him, if you think I'm a misfit, I will walk out.” .

Perhaps time has come with open declaration to drop the prefix 'Saint' from the name Antony.
Kanson
BRF Oldie

Post by Kanson »

Pranav wrote:Jaitley: the govt and VKS should not have put blinkers on their eyes.

One does not appreciate Jaitley's efforts to do an == between VKS and the govt.

Not a surprise. Birds of same feather flocks together.