Indian Army: News and Discussions 15 Apr 2012

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
sum
BRF Oldie

Re: Indian Army: News and Discussions 15 Apr 2012

Post by sum »

My feeling is that the Sawan Patra post incident happened post this incident and not vice-versa.
Exactly my thought since yesterday!

Otherwise don't see IA going on a cross border raid for no reason, since no extraordinary event was reported atleast on DDM( and knowingly leaving behind a dagger in the raided bunker) for a cross LoC raid
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

sum wrote:
My feeling is that the Sawan Patra post incident happened post this incident and not vice-versa.
Exactly my thought since yesterday!

Otherwise don't see IA going on a cross border raid for no reason, since no extraordinary event was reported atleast on DDM( and knowingly leaving behind a dagger in the raided bunker) for a cross LoC raid
There are 3 data points. In order of news reports they are
1. Reports of Paki post attacked, Pakis whined, called Ambassador
2. US and China request India and Pakistan to be friends
3. India reports beheading

I am guessing we will never know the order of events. But we are a peaceful people and desire nothing other than friendship.
member_20453
BRFite

Post by member_20453 »

The idea of this being the 29 Baloch BAT team seems incorrect reporting, it is more likely the 19th SSG Baloch battalion with one of its BAT. I think a bit of patience is also required, an immediate response is silly. Guys from the same platoon will finally avenge their brothers. Time for this platoon to pay for its actions. A covert silent op is far better. Recover the head if possible and the pigs, return the bodies of the pigs the next day in public. killing the whole SSG platoon should a fitting response for now and leave the further escalation to them. I think the entire 13 men team + platoon needs to be taken out. Shoudn't be hard, a few UAV sweeps, we know which posts they came from, so track and trace, perhaps a sudden brazen attack against all the posts in the area + specifically target the particular group.

Its easy to have a mortar or artillery strike, however, I would rather they die in the hands of our professionals. However, we should arrange for their bodies to brought back. All the bodies with unfiroms to be paraded the next day.

There are about 3 or so posts over there we need to have precise intel on who those SSG pigs were shouldn't be hard since the injured can ID them using border survaillance techniques + equipment. Detroying them would take less than a few seconds :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO-A_Shmel

3 to 4 bumblebee shots would ensure all those posts are taken out in seconds, our units can move in, kill, snatch and grab, a well planned lightning fast attack. Have a company as back up in the area in case they want to escalate after the mission.
Khalsa
BRFite

Post by Khalsa »

The CO is gonna certainly earn his pay tonight.
No one gets away with this. No one gets away with this kind of crap.

In the Mess Hall Tonight, the Rotis will be hot, the dahl will have mirchi, chai will have extra ginger in it.
The Khukhris will be blackened, the DMS shoes will be exchanged for the softer Jungle soled shoes.
Officers weapons will be issued more than usual.

Tonight we need to get atleast Sava Lakh of them ******** in return for one of ours !!!!!
karan_mc
BRFite

Post by karan_mc »

It seems to be a Pre Planned attack with lot of backing from HO ,

1) First Blame Indian Army for crossing LOC and Killing a Pak soldier .
2) Highlight it in International media , it was picked up by all major news agencies with minutes , with clear details , while attack on Indian post took two days to get all the details .
3) Attack Indian post and make it look like a Revenge attack in International media .
4) Deny doing it and blame local militants or Freedom fighters .

Rest assured , let Congress mantris do the talking :evil:
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

@ Khalsa, no point risking men, would much prefer a major bomb crossing the LOC and hitting a target killing lots of wannabe Jihadis.
Prabu
BRFite

Post by Prabu »

This act of killing and beheading Indian jawan's is un acceptable. Why are we NOT giving a BLOW to paki's ? I feel still our response is NOT enough !! :roll:

The response should be in such a way that paki's should think 100 times before crossing the LOC !!
Sid
BRFite

Post by Sid »

What is more worrying here is the discipline/training/mindset of Porki soldiers. What can you even expect for a POW?

Time and again they have shown such behavior, and we can only imagine their actions during full-fledged war.

This Jihadi mentality and code of conduct during a war is the real danger.
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

Times Now is carrying an interview with Brig JK Tiwari Dy GOC 25 DIV. I am not able to get the link for the online video. This is how Brig Tiwari describes the chain of events. I think this is the first clear report of what has happened.

1. The incident happened between two posts approximately 7 kms from Mendhar town

2. A squad of 8 men left on a area domination patrol from one post to another.

3. The early morning fog had not dissipated. Visibility was very poor. (Handheld thermal imagers suffer severe degradation when there is so much water vapour in the air.)

4. At 11.30 am the patrol came under fire and returned fire.

5. Only when the firing subsided, and the squad leader was taking stock of the men, he noticed the two point men (scouts) missing.

6. The bodies of the two dead men were found. Both were mutilated, one soldier's head was missing. Two more soldiers were wounded.

The chain of events indicates a very well planned ambush. The other side probably had very good intelligence about the patrol's composition, exact route and timing. Either they have been observing the unit's routine for a long time to establish patterns or they had a source. The weather is a leveller for both sides, without this hard intelligence, it would have been very hard to pull off something like this. Also it appears the two point men were the first to go down silently, which might indicate they were taken down by hand. Such close combat skills are not the repertoire of normal infantry troops. This clearly smacks of SSG or highly trained veteran mujaheddin.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Congoon ministers have pulled up TSP and demanded explanation. SK MEA says such behaviour is unacceptable. MEA has called DHC in Delhi and lodged a strongly worded protest. Now what more is needed. Perhaps AK from MOD or SK from MEAa has to learn how to serve heavy dossa to TSP and wait for answer until cows come home.

Keep kool IA is not stupid.

btw where are our usual Siachin sellers piss crowd and what are they chirping now including some here. Dont we need their goatdroppings Tamasha ?
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

They will keep quiet for some time before coming back to peddle their snake oil.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Its interesting that all the track 2 crowd and the Pukis are using the same language

we should grow up blah blah

from rediff where the pak FM arrogantly said
You know an incident of the same nature, which is a bit ironical, that which is being claimed today took place 3 days back where one of our soldiers was murdered. I say that we need to grow up and allow me to say this that it is not Pakistan's policy to do tit for tat. We think we are a responsible country and India is a responsible country."
I absolutely despise shukla for his comments alongside the puki rats

its a shame that he was in uniform
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

Too bad , we need them now, badly. Aman is Asha.

Who in India ??
India on Wednesday strongly protested to Pakistan, warning that the "unacceptable" incident will have adverse impact on the ties.
The usual bluster from MEA.
External affairs minister Salman Khurshid said the Pakistan envoy was "spoken to in very strong terms" and the deepest concern and protest over the incident was conveyed. He called the incident "completely unacceptable".
Pakistan was also asked to immediately investigate these actions that are in contravention of all norms of international conduct and ensure that these do not recur.
Thank God we warned them and asked them to ensure that this does not happen again. Lets play cticket. IPL.

Meanwhile
MOD was hot. He got evidence.
"I already condemned the incident before leaving Delhi. There is ample evidence of how they treated the two Indian Army soldiers. The act was inhuman and we have already taken up the matter with the Pakistani government. The government of India is taking up the issue with all stakeholders. The Director General (Military Operations) is keeping close watch on the developments and has also taken up the issue with his counterpart in Pakistan," the defence minister said in Kolkata before leaving for Delhi.
He has now left to make some dossa to serve his counterpart.

All from TOIlet.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

^^ Honestly, really surprised by Col.Ajai Shukla's performance on TV yesterday.

Guess the Lahore trips sponsored by ISI/Track-2/3/4 really seem to be paying off
manjgu
BRF Oldie

Post by manjgu »

unfortunately it looks very silly for indians to whine abt this incident ! a country which is 7/8 times the size of its adversary and maybe much more in terms of resources is reduced to this abject situation. The indian statecraft has allowed a puny adversary to box much above its weight. Now maybe GOI will provide a dossier / evidence of paki army involvement which will be promptly labelled as documents and not evidence by the pakis and soon it will be again forgotten till the next incident. Dont we know abt paki / islamic fetish for beheading, mutilation. I would advise all to read the book "the soldier sahebs" By Charles Allen to understand this fetish. bodies were beheaded, genitials cut and stuffed in the mouth, dead bodies arranged as though they are holding a conference !! amazing thing is we dont ever learn from history...
Sanku
BRF Oldie

Post by Sanku »

sum wrote:^^ Honestly, really surprised by Col.Ajai Shukla's performance on TV yesterday.
You really have not been listening to us have you!!
srin
BRF Oldie

Post by srin »

rohitvats wrote:
peter wrote:<SNIP>The first part of this broadcast has the reporter saying that the army commander Parmanaik is trying to calm the tempers of soldiers in Raj Rif. Why should'nt the soldiers take the matter in their own hands and wipe out any of the pakis they see on the other side?

Unless this is done the Pakis will never develop a fear that their actions have a brutal repercussion.

Pussies leading us.
The retaliation will come but at the time and place of our choosing...the PA would be expecting a retaliation and will be ready and waiting for us. This needs to be planned carefully - 13 Rajputana Rifles will have their revenge.
Yup - this seems to have been designed exactly to provoke an emotional reaction to blindly hit out. Something really funny seems to be going on along LoC. These seem to be the tip of the iceberg.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Rashid Alvi, Congress: "..Pakistan should not try our patience. We have lost our patience now,"
If we have already lost our patience and only made squeaky noises as a result, why should pakis not continue to play football with our patience, not just our jawans' heads. Such things bring much joy in pakistan and very little pain. It is a profitable activity.

Manish Tewari, Congress: "..How can we tolerate mutilation of our braves. Redlines must be drawn,"

Minister ji, can't you see that we do and can tolerate--again and again and again and again?? And yes, yes, we can draw pretty red lines up and down our drawing board but ji, didn't we do that many, many times before?

A part of my youth was spent watching Raj Rif jawans training behind our house in Delhi and this incident hits home more than ever. The frustration of watching helplessly is unbearable. I hope the army drives the bodies in an open truck all the way by road from the airport to Raj Rif center, Dhaula Kuan, for all to see. This must arouse intense anger among the ordinary person on the street. I don't know what will come of it but there needs to be anger on every face. The pakis may have done us a big favor. I hope.
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

rohitvats wrote:
peter wrote:<SNIP>The first part of this broadcast has the reporter saying that the army commander Parmanaik is trying to calm the tempers of soldiers in Raj Rif. Why should'nt the soldiers take the matter in their own hands and wipe out any of the pakis they see on the other side?

Unless this is done the Pakis will never develop a fear that their actions have a brutal repercussion.

Pussies leading us.
Peter - who do you think you're dealing with here? Some local hooligans and ruffians hell bent on revenge against opposite camp? You can do better than to call someone like Northern Army Commander as a 'pussy'.

Remember, this is an Infantry Battalion of a senior Infantry Regiment we are talking here - professional soldiers. Even with tempers running high, you cannot let sentiments dominate military matters - lest you end up with more egg on your face. If the soldiers have their way, they would simply do a frontal assault on the Pakistan Army post - consequences be damned.

As I said earlier - this incident is an affront to the IZZAT of the Paltan and it will not go w/o payback. If the payback does not come, the Commanding Officer (and every other officer) of the Regiment would have lost his MORAL authority to command the men. And the Paltan will carry this as a cross across their neck for generations. Such things are not forgotten in the IA. You can very well fathom the mood in the Paltan by the fact that Northern Army Commander went to the Paltan to assuage the feelings.

Just to get a feeling of what a Paltan will do for honor, please read on the account of 1 Bihar and Battle for Jubar...they wanted to avenge Major Sarvanan and bring back his body - they won't let anyone else assault that feature.

The retaliation will come but at the time and place of our choosing...the PA would be expecting a retaliation and will be ready and waiting for us. This needs to be planned carefully - 13 Rajputana Rifles will have their revenge.
Kanwal Sibal brought up some good points on tv yesterday. The pakistanis have already anticipated our next move. This event was meant to keep us on the back foot during talks and give a morale boost to PA and non-PA mujahids and jihadis which haven't been eliminated in the valley. The PA is already in bhangra mode after forcing the US withdrawl and the hurriyat have already promised to set the valley on fire. We must be ready for the next phase in the proxy war that pakistan has been waging against us. Very unlikely that will get our revenge. GoI and army higher ups have gone into overdrive to prevent any cross border raids from our side. Sad state of affairs.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Roy

any links?
which channel?

the only hope is this keeps the return Siachen crowd from bleating their pet theory for a little while
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

Allow me to take a bit of a contrarian view here. Lt. Gen Shankar Prasad's reference to a 1.3 million strong army, the military option also being a possibility, and not giving in to the nuclear bogey, could be construed as a call for all-out war (or at least a major military response) against Pakistan. Could it be that Shukla interpreted it that way and called it nonsensical? Maybe. I can't read minds; his or Lt. Gen Prasad's. He doesn't have to sell his soul to the Track 2 gang to make that argument.

And if that indeed is the argument, I don't disagree with Shukla at all. Give eet ka jawab with a slightly bigger patthar onlee. A disproportionate response, but not one ridiculously so. Put lead in their boots; don't precipitate an all-out war. If the talks are really going our way, as Shukla claims, why jeopardise them by "unleashing the Army" on Pakistan?

Also, let's not get too worked up about the beheading... we do it too. I've heard first hand accounts from the 1971 war as well as the Kargil war about diminutive little Gurkhas lopping heads off Pakistani soldiers towering above them with practiced ease. A Pakistani POW was so terrified when they brought a Gurkha in to watch over him in 1999, that he apparently started bawling like a baby. But then again, when Indian troops did it, it was wartime and all. And they didn't mutilate or behead dead bodies at least. So there's that as well...
Last edited by Mihir on 10 Jan 2013 02:46, edited 7 times in total.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

hypocrite arun jaitley last seen wearing a karakul cap to enjoy indo-pak cricket as a board member of bCCI is all over channels today asking to "name and shame" pakistan whatever that means.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

Mihir
If that indeed is the argument, I don't disagree with Shukla at all.
but that was not what Shukla said - he said lets sit together and talk like grown ups

Note even after the general clarified shukla still kept on this

chopping the head and taking it away is an entirely different signal than just chopping it in battle
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Surya wrote:Roy

any links?
which channel?

the only hope is this keeps the return Siachen crowd from bleating their pet theory for a little while
Same video with that closet paki shukla.

Never seen KC Singh leave a debate in that fashion in the clip below. Either he was pissed or left b/c he knew the pakistanis were getting ready to bring up balochistan and the SeS fiasco. MMS and Sonia have completely destroyed our military and diplomatic options. We are completely on the backfoot. The pakistanis are even talking down to us on our own channels. Raza is right when he asks what we gain by giving them so much air time. Cant imagine what the head of that brave jawan is being used for and what the families must be going through. Very frustrating. :x

http://www.timesnow.tv/Debate-Paks-open ... 418455.cms
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

I was waiting for someone to bring the khukri argument....when you are at it, let us also mention bayonets.

The use of Khukri in close quarter combat is similar to use of sword in earlier times...and chopping of head in CQB (if you can) is not same as killing someone and than cutting his head off as a trophy. Gurkhas don't chop of heads of dead enemies. Death is accepted as part of soldiering...but not this head chopping business. There is a dignity attached to this noble profession of arms-both during lifetime and in death. But then, an army which disowned its dead in 1999 cannot be expected to understand this.
Amitabh
BRFite

Post by Amitabh »

Calling for a manly, heroic, national level military response to this attack is, how should I put it, really stupid. The 2008 Mumbai attack and this strike were obviously aimed at provoking Indian retaliation. The DG ISI himself pretty much said so right after the Mumbai attack when he termed the Indians "clever" (the sort of thing Muslim communalists have long said about Hindus in a disparaging manner) for not attacking.

The answer is obviously at the covert level and IMO it is no coincidence that Pakistan has been less stable since 2008. However this is not provable one way or the other and therefore not relevant to the media-manipulated mass whose instinct is to demand televisable spectacles as policymaking, whether it is the execution of rapists or open cross-border hostilities.

The reaction of Raj Rif is another matter -- regimental honour will no doubt be maintained by a suitable tactical response at some point.
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

Surya, he did say that dialogue should continue, but my reading was that he said so because in his opinion, the talks are going our way. Also, I don't think Lt. Gen. Prasad clarified his point well. All he said was that Shukla didn't deserve a response and a strong army acts as a deterrent against such incidents. To which Shukla said that he was mixing two points. Which, again, I agree with.

Either way, my point is this: let's not go overboard calling him a sellout or a closet Paki. Last I saw, his views on Siachen are very much in line with those of BRF jingos. He has also done some good work highlighting the efforts of the indigenous defence industry in supplying home-grown products to the armed forces and pushing for greater support to these entities. We regularly quote this stuff on BRF. He is, of course, arrogant as hell and loves going against the grain at times (F-35, anyone?). But that hardly justifies some of the labels that he's been given here.
Last edited by Mihir on 09 Jan 2013 22:54, edited 2 times in total.
Mihir
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by Mihir »

rohitvats wrote:The use of Khukri in close quarter combat is similar to use of sword in earlier times...and chopping of head in CQB (if you can) is not same as killing someone and than cutting his head off as a trophy. Gurkhas don't chop of heads of dead enemies.
In case this was directed at me, let me just state that I completely agree, and have said pretty much the same thing in my post.
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

karan_mc wrote:It seems to be a Pre Planned attack with lot of backing from HO ,

1) First Blame Indian Army for crossing LOC and Killing a Pak soldier .
2) Highlight it in International media , it was picked up by all major news agencies with minutes , with clear details , while attack on Indian post took two days to get all the details .
3) Attack Indian post and make it look like a Revenge attack in International media .
4) Deny doing it and blame local militants or Freedom fighters .

Rest assured , let Congress mantris do the talking :evil:
My thoughts exactly...........
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

ok Mihir

let me go back to the video

Still I would never say a statement like "i am int he position of agreeing with the pakistani' - paraphrasing

that puts the others in an awkward position
you either have to tear up one of your own or you have to keep quiet

that at the end of the day gets on my nerves

amitabh

not all are arguing for a full fledged war. eg. but a robust artillery barrage like the one we did sometime back bringing down bunkers left right and center would be a nice reply.

the freedom for tactical response needs to be there rather than go and up down the chain like we do everytime
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

I am impressed with the INC for improvements in Indo Pak relationship. After nearly 10 years of quite on the LoC. The LoC gets heated up.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Perhaps it is time for new Al Queda head replacing OBL, and Khan-Pakies are engaged so much to think about other peaceful world. If we can't destroy them, we must engage them. If we can't engage them, then it is time for the sole super power (world cop) to engage them..cause we have failed in bilateral relationship - focus: stay away from crimes and wars. Pakistan trying to get J&K is not even possible in any dream, and the fact that pakistan itself might lose itself on the map is more plausible than j&k be part of pakistan.

Idiots have to be treated differently.. they can't treated like any other country. This TSP nation must either seize to operate or be engaged in activities that makes them not think about evil matters. We are dealing with an evil culture here.
Ghatotkacha
BRFite -Trainee

Post by Ghatotkacha »

To give some respect to those died in so gruesome way and give some kind of closure to families, I think the Pak post LP1 and LP2 from where the intruders came in should be wiped out of existence by any means necessary. Only after that we should start doing all the Aman ki aasha and lodge strong protest etc. etc. and like Pak keep denying officially that we ourselves leveled Lp1 and Lp2.
Advait
BRFite

Post by Advait »

Another jahpad to India by Pukis. When will this humiliation end? Even IA's reaction seems more and more like that of our gutless netas, psec media and useless babus. And no, we don't need to be told "Chanakiyan" stories of reacting secretly/ not falling in trap etc.

The whole world should see our retaliation.
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

The predictable news bytes and headlines abroad: India, Pakistan Trade Accusations Over Border Killings
The contested Himalayan region of Kashmir has been the scene of small skirmishes over the years
There are conflicting reports regarding this.
Pakistan's army rejected India's allegations of an incursion calling them "baseless and unfounded."
Pakistani army has carried out a "ground verification" and "found nothing of this sort happened."
Pakistan added that it remained committed to the ceasefire agreement of 2003.
India is useless in PR compared to the pakis and we must completely stop this whiney bleating in the press if we don't want to be treated as a tantrum-throwing adolescent in a sibling brawl. It is enormously entertaining for foreigners and does us a lot of harm, not the least because we can't follow up with anything of substance. It erodes the idea and standing of "India" and Hindustan.

I'm sure we are doing much to hurt pakistan behind the scenes but we need to focus now on what will finish it off. Their jugular is Kashmir and we must rip the whole of it out brutally once and for all. If China can claim Tibet, Arunachal, Aksai Chin and the South China Sea based on flimsy historical "evidence", then Kashmir--which got its name from Rishi Kashyap and was under Hindu influence for thousands of years before the Muslims came for a few hundred years and were in turn ejected by the Sikhs--is very much part of Hindustan. We have this and more "evidence", international laws and UN resolutions that can be used to force the issue. Any fuggin "Cashmereis" who don't like it can haul their dirty asses to pakiland with out blessings. All we need is balls and these we can't get from the weasels in Delhi today.
Anurag
BRFite

Post by Anurag »

Deploy the Gurkha regiments along the LOC and then display some action. You know what the Gurkha's take away for their victory trophies!
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

did the usual suspects from bollywood and humanrights gasbags make any statements?
RoyG
BRF Oldie

Post by RoyG »

Surya wrote:did the usual suspects from bollywood and humanrights gasbags make any statements?
Why would they? Closet Pakis also.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

Surya wrote:did the usual suspects from bollywood and humanrights gasbags make any statements?
I think they know there limits.
member_23360
BRFite

Post by member_23360 »

Hina Rabbani Khar said: "We have enquired into this and we are saying that an incident like this did not take place. But if our enquiry is not good enough, we can ask the UN to do the enquiry."

she is a B**h