Pakistan arms sales, ops, doctrine, etc

All threads that are locked or marked for deletion will be moved to this forum. The topics will be cleared from this archive on the 1st and 16th of each month.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Pakistan arms sales, ops, doctrine, etc

Post by shiv »

People. This is the pak arms thread. I wanted to report the post that started the series of OT posts but someone has already done that.

I think a strong admin butt kick is needed to clean up this thread. The China mil thread too is OT.
Whats the point of having different forums if we put our food, crap and vomit all in one thread?
bhavani
BRFite

Post by bhavani »

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/indi ... 864460.cms

Pakistani soldier handed back to Pakistan army by Indian army.

Septimus,

You might have your own opinions, but that is no reason to ask somebody to die. Chaanakya, tried to convince you of something, if you want to present opposite opinion, that is fine, but to ask him to jump to his death and calling other by names makes you look extreme and sound fanatical.
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

Tejas ji

The trooper has been returned and in all likelihood will be dead soon.

To pretend to know world history and claiming to understand religion is a tall order. What needs to be looked at, the for the purposes of this thread is what is apt and what is not.

Someone on another thread had the word I had in mind when I posted the above article.

India should offer santuary to every enemy soldier who has decided to remove himself from battle. This part of the craft is not something new. It is as old as Chanakya.
archan
Forum Moderator

Post by archan »

With all due respect gentlemen, whatever be your ideas, if you don't want to maintain thread discipline then BRF is not for you. I deleted 4-5 posts only to find many more on the next page. Now either you delete them yourselves or I will revisit the thread again..
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

ManuT boss, I think your heart is in the right place. It's just that the soldier was from Quetta and has no business in Kashmir. Also I think civilized behavior should be reserved for human beings capable of appreciation and reciprocation and not the brain dead drones across our western border. Cheers.
Last edited by tejas on 14 Jul 2012 10:28, edited 1 time in total.
ManuT
BRFite

Post by ManuT »

^Quetta. Balochistan? Dang!
tejas
BRFite

Post by tejas »

http://www.business-standard.com/genera ... ted/31818/
Ali, who is part of Pakistani Army's 25 Frontier Force (FF), and is posted at Saifullah along the LoC in PoK, was arrested in Kerni forward area in Poonch district by Indian troops yesterday. He is a resident of Quetta.
K Mehta
BRFite

Post by K Mehta »

Army Promotion Board: 19 brigadiers promoted as majors general - pak express tribune
RAWALPINDI:The Pakistan Army Promotion Board approved on Friday promotion of 19 brigadiers to the rank of major general, according to an official announcement
The decision was made at a promotion board meeting, chaired by Chief of Army Staff General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, at the General Headquarters in Rawalpindi.
All corps commanders, principal staff officers and senior army officials were also present in the meeting.
According to a statement issued by the ISPR, the names of brigadiers promoted to the rank of major general are Umar Farooq Barki, Shafiq, Musarrat Nawaz, Naseer Ali Khan, M Irshad, Samrez Salik, Akhtar Jamal Rao, Sanaullah, Hafiz Masroor, Nasir Dilawar Shah, Arshad Mehmood, Tariq Haleem Suri, Omar Mahmood Hayat, Rehan Abdul Baqi, Khalid Mehmood, Asif Mumtaz Sukera, Mqabool Ahmed, M Ayyub and Syed M Imran Majeed.
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

How many Major Generals, Lt Generals does Pakistani army have? And they also have Brig Generals too, dont they? Looks like its a General heavy army.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

saip wrote:How many Major Generals, Lt Generals does Pakistani army have? And they also have Brig Generals too, dont they? Looks like its a General heavy army.
Which is a good point:

a) The excess of such high ranking officers will milk the mango abduls dry.
b) They will have the wherewithal to get Amerikhan, canadian, londonistan, Somalian etc. vijas to run away to at the slighest indication of danger to themselves. :)
nachiket
Forum Moderator

Post by nachiket »

saip wrote:How many Major Generals, Lt Generals does Pakistani army have? And they also have Brig Generals too, dont they? Looks like its a General heavy army.
If they have the Brig. General rank, how did the brigadiers in the news report above get promoted directly to Maj. Generals? :-?
saip
BRF Oldie

Post by saip »

I think they follow US rank terminology. In other words the Brigadiers are Brig General (also called one star general)
joygoswami
BRFite

Post by joygoswami »

Bullet-proof cars became death traps in May 2012 operation
It has now been confirmed that the May 2012 Lyari Operation had to be suspended with an unnecessary loss of police blood, exposing a mega fraud which was hushed up at the highest level. This fraud relates to the substandard armoured and tracking cars, the tyre-mounted and chain-mounted APCs that were provided to the police to enter the troubled areas with confidence and guaranteed protection and safety. But these APCs proved to be death traps for those inside.
http://www.thenews.com.pk/Todays-News-1 ... -operation
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

Back in 2001 the Islamic Republic of Pakistan via military dictator and chief of army staff General Pervez Musharraf was lecturing the world on the need to stop the bombing campaign in Afghanistan during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan as it would have “an adverse effect in Muslim countries” and "a negative fallout in the entire Muslim world." ( Musharraf: Ramadan bombing will have bad fallout).

So how does it now become halal for the uniformed Jihadi’s of the military of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to bomb co-religionists during the Mohammadden holy month of Ramadan / Ramazan / Ramzan ?

Airstrikes kill 15 militants in Orakzai Agency: Officials
adityadange
BRFite

Post by adityadange »

this is something interesting.
2 injured in blast outside China consulate in Pakistan

who and why?
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

arun wrote:Back in 2001 the Islamic Republic of Pakistan via military dictator and chief of army staff General Pervez Musharraf was lecturing the world on the need to stop the bombing campaign in Afghanistan during the Muslim holy month of Ramadan as it would have “an adverse effect in Muslim countries” and "a negative fallout in the entire Muslim world." ( Musharraf: Ramadan bombing will have bad fallout).

So how does it now become halal for the uniformed Jihadi’s of the military of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan to bomb co-religionists during the Mohammadden holy month of Ramadan / Ramazan / Ramzan ?

Airstrikes kill 15 militants in Orakzai Agency: Officials
After bombing their own population during the month of Ramadan, the Islamic Republic of Pakistan for an encore shells their Mohammadden co-religionists across the border in Afghanistan .

Is this brotherly?

Kabul Accuses Islamabad Of Fresh Shelling
member_23658
BRFite

Post by member_23658 »

Hi!
my first post after lurking for a record 13+ years. An interesting coversation I noticed in a talk show with Slimy Sheik Rashid Ahmed : http://www.zemtv.com/2012/07/06/to-the- ... july-2012/

At arround 9 minutes when the anchor is throwing wet towels all over the place, the Slimy Sheik's H&D cannot stand it anymore and he lets loose a small nugget : I cannot tell a lot of things in Pakistani interest but we are not so bhola-bhala as we seem. Those cruise missiles that were sent to hit Osama ... <wink wink>.
The anchor doesnt get it and misses the point where Shk Rashid clarifies a bit more clearly that what was left over from those missile (i take it to mean the ones that landed in paki land) ended up with the pakis.

I think its common knowledge here that Babur was modelled after the Tommahawk missiles fell in paki hands, correct me if I am wrong, but its interesting to hear it being corroborated by someone who very close to the paki army.
Mihaylo
BRFite

Post by Mihaylo »

adityadange wrote:this is something interesting.
2 injured in blast outside China consulate in Pakistan

who and why?
Who:
'Green on Cheen' violence

Why:
Cause Cheen is not Green enough...duh !! :)

-M
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

SSridhar
Forum Moderator

Post by SSridhar »

Amol.D wrote:Hi!
my first post after lurking for a record 13+ years.
Amol, congratulations on the first post. Please take some time off to post more regularly now that the ice is broken after seemingly a long time.
Shk Rashid clarifies a bit more clearly that what was left over from those missile (i take it to mean the ones that landed in paki land) ended up with the pakis.

I think its common knowledge here that Babur was modelled after the Tommahawk missiles fell in paki hands, correct me if I am wrong, but its interesting to hear it being corroborated by someone who very close to the paki army.
Pakistan does not have any technical, scientific and engineering capability to build a CM. A downed Tomahawk is as good to them as a shot down crow. They could not reverse engineer anything. It is likely to be a different matter in the hands of the Chinese. We know that the wreckages were passed on to the Chinese. Even earlier, when Cold War was at its peak, American aircraft engine(s) were sent to China by TSP. They threatened to do the same to the re-jigged Apache that went down at Abbottabad.

Have you seen TSP-designed Sitara ? If not, see here.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

it was Blackhawk not Apache
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

But the point is this Babur reengineering is propoganda is pure BS, same was claimed after Israeli Built Indian UAV crashed near Lahore in 2001, they said now they have UAV technology then in Dec 2001 but today they are begging the US for it. It is just meant to deter such strikes and increase the moral of the Mango Abdul about how enemy actions have benefitted them.

Truth if China supplies them they have a CM, China stops sending spare parts Babur is out of action. China got a lot of tech regarding CM's from Ukraine. Reverse Enginering can help only if you have reality mastered tech and know what you are looking for, it will not start an industry
nirav
BRF Oldie

Post by nirav »

SSridhar wrote:
Amol, congratulations on the first post. Please take some time off to post more regularly now that the ice is broken after seemingly a long time.
Shk Rashid clarifies a bit more clearly that what was left over from those missile (i take it to mean the ones that landed in paki land) ended up with the pakis.

Pakistan does not have any technical, scientific and engineering capability to build a CM. A downed Tomahawk is as good to them as a shot down crow. They could not reverse engineer anything. It is likely to be a different matter in the hands of the Chinese. We know that the wreckages were passed on to the Chinese. Even earlier, when Cold War was at its peak, American aircraft engine(s) were sent to China by TSP. They threatened to do the same to the re-jigged Apache that went down at Abbottabad.

Another Pakistani Engineering Marvel. Their ROFLCopter, err .. "Helicopter" :mrgreen:

They had planned to hawk their Gyro copter "state of the art" ware to Pak Police.
These Guys ->

Think the best place to "discuss" Pakistani engineering or "Reverse" engineering for that matter, would be the Comedy Thread. :mrgreen:
svinayak
BRF Oldie

Post by svinayak »

THey have created an image of a capable country.

Country without capability
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

X Posted from the TSP thread.

“The Pakistan Army-run Canteen Stores Department (CSD) witnessed an unprecedented protest Tuesday when its top management including Managing Director Maj. General (r) Anwar Saeed was locked inside the headquarters after they served termination letters to around 130 contractual and regular employees, and that too in the month of Ramazan.”:

Revolt in army-run CSD after summary dismissals : Major general locked in, gates shut, discrimination alleged
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

SSridhar wrote:

its what I call a no-go-kart. :rotfl:

Unless, ofcourse, it runs on water. :mrgreen:
VinodTK
BRF Oldie

Post by VinodTK »

Pakistan swelling nuclear arsenal to counter India, says US Congressional report
WASHINGTON: Primarily aimed at India, Pakistan is making qualitative and quantitative improvements to its nuclear arsenal and "could increase the number of circumstances under which it would be willing to use nuclear weapons," a Congressional report has said.

"Pakistan appears to be increasing its fissile production capability and improving its delivery vehicles in order to hedge against possible increases in India's nuclear arsenal.

"Islamabad may also accelerate its current nuclear weapons efforts," the independent Congressional Research Service (CRS) said in a report.

In addition to making qualitative and quantitative improvements to its nuclear arsenal, Pakistan could increase the number of circumstances under which it would be willing to use nuclear weapons, the report said.
:
:
arun
BRF Oldie

Post by arun »

rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

VinodTK wrote:Pakistan swelling nuclear arsenal to counter India, says US Congressional report
WASHINGTON: Primarily aimed at India, Pakistan is making qualitative and quantitative improvements to its nuclear arsenal and "could increase the number of circumstances under which it would be willing to use nuclear weapons," a Congressional report has said.

"Pakistan appears to be increasing its fissile production capability and improving its delivery vehicles in order to hedge against possible increases in India's nuclear arsenal.

"Islamabad may also accelerate its current nuclear weapons efforts," the independent Congressional Research Service (CRS) said in a report.

In addition to making qualitative and quantitative improvements to its nuclear arsenal, Pakistan could increase the number of circumstances under which it would be willing to use nuclear weapons, the report said.
:
:
And we the great Khan Souper Power will continue to give them assistance and look the other way. After all, India is a natural ally. :x
Aditya_V
BRF Oldie

Post by Aditya_V »

WHat uncle does not seem to grasp is 8-10 Nukes and they will be only India focussed, 90-100 global ambitions come, controls required over 90-100 are required and it is likely that a few move from India specific threat to the global Jihadi cause. In thier hatred for India, they are forgeting this very real threat to them.

A nation with funny PhD's and thesis where most of them belived they have invented automobiles that run on water will probably have a few who in important positions who will think the material cannot be traced to Paki or Chinese plants.

It is in Uncle Interest that Pakis keep thier aresenal to 8-10. The only reason for the Paki has the 3rd largest fastest expanding aresenal is to propogate that India's ABM is responsible for this and nip our ABM programme in the bud. A trick we should not fall for.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

@Aditya_V

I agree. With all the unrest in the recent past, in majority muslim nations, the Bakis, with their grandiose schizophrenia about their past, their love for all things strategic, may become the center of proliferation of nukes in the arab/muslim region. Add to that, the greater cause of 72 houris and Janaat.
Avinandan
BRFite

Post by Avinandan »

Couple of news :--
CHARSADDA: A Pakistan Air Force (PAF) aircraft made an emergency landing near a graveyard in the Turangzai area on Monday. The two-seater MFi-17 Mushshak took off from PAF’s Risalpur base and had to make an emergency landing at around 12:25 pm due to a technical fault in the plane
link:http://tribune.com.pk/story/418557/trou ... y-landing/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ISLAMABAD: President Asif Ali Zardari today conferred Nishan-e-Imtiaz (Military) upon Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt during a special investiture ceremony held at Aiwan-e-Sadr.
The citation read on the occasion said that the award was being conferred in recognition of his long meritorious services.
It may be mentioned that Air Chief Marshal Tahir Rafique Butt has also been decorated with the awards of Hilal-i-Imtiaz (Military), Sitara-i-Imtiaz (Military) and Tamgha-i-Basalat for his meritorious and dedicated services.
link:http://www.onlinenews.com.pk/details.php?newsid=199188
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

Not sure how many of those swelling Nuke number are Made For Saudi , After all the fund the Sunni bomb.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

^^^ Why only the Saudis?

What about the dreams of the "great Caliphate"?
rohitvats
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by rohitvats »

Gentlemen, our friend Nelson's repeated reference to 10M canal defenses on Pakistan side got me reading about the subject. I intend to write about the development of such canals with defensive purpose from an area starting from Fort Abbas to the sector opposite our Barmer sector.

Here is the Part 1 of the series that I've posted on my blog -
http://vatsrohit.blogspot.in/2012/08/pa ... south.html

MODS - how can I put the entire thing at one go on BRF? Thanks.
neeraj
BRFite

Post by neeraj »

PAF Mirage Fighter aircraft crashes
A Mirage fighter aircraft of the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) crashed near Thal in Punjab during a routine operational training mission.
Bishwa
BRFite

Post by Bishwa »

BBC reports a major attack on Kamra Air Force Base in Pakistan.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19278302

Similar report in Dawn

http://dawn.com/2012/08/16/militants-at ... -at-kamra/
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Man two back to back good news close to Independence day.. cant help the cheer coming out..
member_23370
BRFite

Post by member_23370 »

Looks like one commodore and one aircraft were taken out. Awaiting more news.
alexis
BRFite

Post by alexis »