Preparing for Defeat by the Dragon

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Re: Preparing for Defeat by the Dragon

Post by shiv »

Some great news for jingos.

Without any announcement or fanfare, guess what has been tested in the last two weeks?
Anurag
BRFite

Post by Anurag »

What???
Victor
BRF Oldie

Post by Victor »

Agni VI?
SLBM?
Air launched Brahmos?
Bullet proof dhotis?

Seriously, this is the only way to test important things--without any announcement and fanfare.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

shiv wrote:Some great news for jingos.

Without any announcement or fanfare, guess what has been tested in the last two weeks?
Instant monkey brain noodles? :shock:
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

Double-speed reverse on Chinese tanks?
Anand K
BRFite

Post by Anand K »

Adobe Photoshop CS6?
Jaeger
BRFite

Post by Jaeger »

Nirbhay.
kapilrdave
BRFite

Post by kapilrdave »

Chinese posters' ability to talk about their own junk?

Or tighten dhotis of SDREs on this thread? i.e. there is no shivering post on this thread in last two weeks.
Last edited by kapilrdave on 26 Dec 2012 14:14, edited 1 time in total.
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

kapilrdave wrote:Chinese posters' inability to talk about their own junk?
Now it's correct.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Anurag wrote:What???
I don't want to tell you

nayahahahaha! If that answer's good for the Chinese it must be good for us too! :oops: :((
Sagar G
BRF Oldie

Post by Sagar G »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
member_20317
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20317 »

Shivji kahin pe nigahen kahin pe nishana. :rotfl: indeed.
vsunder
BRFite

Post by vsunder »

The Arjun fires only paint balls and the Indian tank crew is like this onlee
All is lost:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IatwoA00E0

Pentaiah saab how come with your encyclopaedic knawlidj
of movies you missed this one.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

dhiraj wrote:China Buys Tu-22MB Bomber Production Line from Russia
http://idrw.org/?p=16838#more-16838

Don't we think in these directions or we don't need such capabilities ?
At $1.5 billion it was feasible. Not aware of the unit cost but assuming that we could
have had around 20-25 of them at around $5 billion all armed with Brahmos / Nirbhay (and longer range version )etc it
could have been useful.
US is still flying B 52 and Russia Tu 22 so these platforms still have relevance.
Basically I want to understand why don;t we a fleet of heavy bombers :-o
We don't think in these directions. We are a loser nation.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

dhiraj wrote:
who decides what is a trash and what is good. why are we not able to fly such 5th gen lookers ( i told i don;t know about there competency) yet. everyone is making trash and we will come out one day with most cutting edge fighter ever right.
What is so positive about this news for us that it should be posted in "China Positive News Threads".
We need to keep a watch on the Chinese military development (good or bad) and so posted on this thread. If ignoring things on the other side of border makes one comfortable then fine but please don;t prevent others to make an opinion. If you don;t like feel free to ignore.

I am not good at making sarcastic comments or suggesting others to ignore someone;s post, but my humble request that if you think that my understanding about something based on my post is incorrect then please correct it or ignore it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Don wrote:T-99

The Chinese have been taking trouble to create an artistic picture out of military hardware for years. Creating an image of strength/power from a picture is an art that Indians have not learned yet - I can list reasons. There has to be cooperation between the armed forces and the photographer to create the illusion and the photographer too has to be skilled in this job. I have seen dhoti-shivering causing Chinese pics from the 1990s and I am thrilled to see one more of that genre here. Someone commented on pink flangs but it is a very artistic way of depicting the approach of a long line of tanks rising up from a low hillock. Long time no see this type of pic - most recent ones have been of the fence/grass spy type pics.

The Americans are also great at putting out fantastic propaganda pics. Russians put out some really great videos - it is as much of an art as movie making.

India is actually nowhere in this game. there is not even a realization among Indians that there is a game to be played here in creating awesome images. Every published image should make someone say "badass" or else the image should not be published.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Another beautifully composed image
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

super pic. brings out the huge length of the ship, the neat paint and welding quite well...with the strong square jawed sailors to lend scale to image.

note the long wave "doordarshan" type radar on the 2nd mast.
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

*Yawn* wake me up when they defeat us.

Rip Van Winkle aka Rajanb :rotfl:

"What me worry?" With credit to MAD Magazine
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

that is a super duper stealth ship.

they have landed at gwadar! :twisted:
rajanb
BRFite

Post by rajanb »

^^^ Closer targets for the anti chinese militants being grown in the crucible called Bakistan.

Gwad ar help them! :mrgreen:
vishvak
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by vishvak »

There is much more to big Chinese ships especially Aircraft Carriers.

There should be priority to evolve doctrines in dealing with Aircraft Carriers the moment one is near Indian shores. An effective encirclement with (4-10)ships carrying even 1/2 anti-ship missiles each at a distance would be great. Also real time tracking of ships (especially during threat of war) along with quickest and initial attacks would be still better since carrier ships do project power. Lining up long range anti-ship missiles on the shores where needed must be considered as it would increase firepower against carrier ships, complete annihilation of support vessels as well as any submarines. Such a doctrine could also consider use of Indian submarines lurking at a distance that could use nuclear attack on aircraft carrier(which is not the capital of country) as a preventive option to reduce further damage to peace and eventual restoration of normal shipping.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

Yet again, you strike fear into our running dogs' hearts Comrade Shi Wu !!
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

there is no necessity to go nukes on a.carriers.. there are various ways to sink it from torpedoes to brahmos. actually, identifying large ships with shape pattern and RCS and IFF signatures is possible.. but, we might need a super duper advanced satellite based radar tracking system or floating installations all around.
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

one of the focus areas for investment is OTH radars. the aussies-americans run a joint system that is apparently able to track ships 1000s of km north of aus in the pacific..(not sure if it can sort out which is a merchant and which is a warship)

the indian ocean and arabian sea is a vast open area - good place to run OTH radar.
TSJones
BRF Oldie

Post by TSJones »

We in the US hide our faces in shame at the photo of the Chinese dreadnaught that will crush our puny carrier task forces. First, the Chinese satellites will fix our position in the Pacific Ocean and then send down a mighty dragon missle to blast our helpless carrier force. But what can we do? I wonder if we cede Texas to Bejing if that will save us? I vote for California instead. No offense meant to the Californyos.
Karan M
Forum Moderator

Post by Karan M »

This thread is misnamed. It should be Dlagon not Dragon. :whine:
Lilo
BRF Oldie

Post by Lilo »

shiv wrote: .......
The Americans are also great at putting out fantastic propaganda pics. Russians put out some really great videos - it is as much of an art as movie making.

India is actually nowhere in this game. there is not even a realization among Indians that there is a game to be played here in creating awesome images. Every published image should make someone say "badass" or else the image should not be published.

Hakimullah, it seems we are beginning to get there.
Here is an Indian(?) offering from the Tatas ...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

:((
http://www.bharat-rakshak.com/NEWS/news ... wsid=19941
India may fancy itself as a regional superpower but does not have an aircraft carrier prowling on the high seas. Its solitary carrier, the 54-year-old INS Viraat, is out of action for several months once again for a major refit to ensure it can soldier on for another three to four years.

Despite the Indian Ocean having emerged as the new strategic theatre between India and China, the Indian politico-military establishment's lack of long-term planning and timely decision-making has all but dashed the Navy's long-standing ambition to deploy two potent carrier battle groups (CBGs).

China, in contrast, is taking huge strides in the arena. After last year's commissioning of its first carrier, the 65,000-tonne Liaoning, Beijing is furiously engaged in building more to further expand its "blue-water operations''.
Pisko footnote: See - once again a reference to mythical Indian desire to be superpower is used by Rajt Pandit just to make a derogatory point. "You (Indians) think you are great, but you are actually useless"

As I pointed out elsewhere this is the exact insulting context in which 'India" and "superpower" are used together. Most often by Indians who are trying to point out how incompetent their compatriots are. A fit post for the youknowwhat thread under hijab
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

Hope i am the right thread :wink:

Irrespective of quality and propaganda concern etc, i have one query.
Suppose we have the below two options which one should we pick :

1. steal or get technology/design covertly and then make many such copies with an attempt to make the country secure
2. maintain the high moral ground and purchase from outside followed by corruption allegation , resulting in delaying
projects , blacklisting firms leaving the forces wanting

How does it matter if design for any helo / fighter / sub is stolen. What matters to me is what is there capability and
what kind of destruction it could cause to us.
Now they are getting Su 35 and new Subs, and we would not like to afford the possibility that they start churning out
multiple xerox copy of them
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Indian media lead Indians in speaking the language of fear. We do not like it when people are calm and possessed of their wits
1. China’s ‘String of Pearls’ is closer than you think, red intrusion in Indian waters sends jitters
2. China’s submarines in Indian Ocean worry Indian Navy

On the other hand a news item like the following one leads to anger and complaints.

Sino-Indian border is calm, says army chief

As a nation we want to be scared, worried. Not bold and composed. Each of us seems to believe that "Only I" am conscious of the dangers and each of us outdoes the next person in pointing out how we are about to get GUBOed unless our anxious warning is heeded. People who say bold things are mocked, and news that calls for anxiety and worry are quoted as the reasons mocking the bold.

Why are we like this? Is it wrong to say things boldly and face the world with confidence and make other people confident by attitude? Why are we calling for dhoti shivering? Why do we always take comfort in lamenting, as we are ready to say "I told you so" when the worst happens? Is this what colonization of the Indian mind has done: "Expect defeat" Understand the incompetence and somnolence of your compatriots (but not you). And lament.
Lalmohan
BRF Oldie

Post by Lalmohan »

when we are worried, jittered, too close... we buy more newspapers than we normally do
Pratyush
BRF Oldie

Post by Pratyush »

:rotfl: Considering what passes for news these days.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

RoyG wrote:Yawn, many BRFites including myself knew GoI wouldn't do anything. Now the Chinese troops are being resupplied by trucks. Nothing will change. There will be an inquiry and we will force the Chinese to sit through useless border talks and then eventually manage to push them only halfway back after stopping infra work on our side.

Funny to see some who still believe that this government is capable of growing a pair and actually doing something. Meanwhile, additional salt is being rubbed into a now festering wound by the pakistanis who beat an indian prisoner to death. We couldn't even get the Pakistanis to take action on that case and some believe that the army is going to be handed orders to be "aggressive" against the Chinese.

Even our news channels want to turn this incursion into a "debate" when there is none. It's our land and the *deleted* are squatting on it.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

skganji wrote:I sometimes feel it is being very unfortunate to be an Indian .
Every other country in the world has got some guts and shame . GOI has no guts and no shame.
Is there an emoticon for hack thoo?

You could always emigrate and show patriotism for some other country.

The defining feature of Indians is to remain Indian and imagine that everyone else is a coward and inefficient and that one is oneself the most patriotic, smart and concerned person, in a fit position to pass judgement on other Indians versus rest of the world, knowledge about whom you claim to possess. What utter nonsense.

You are no different sir in blaming GOI and putting up this shameful wail of the exact type that invites the "dhoti shivering" mockery from Pakis. You are fundamentally scared that the Chinese will kick Indian ass. You don't want to say that directly - instead you sing this laughable dirge. Collect yourself together sir.

In my view the character of a nation shows up in the behaviour of its people under adversity. Here this is not even adversity, it is the mere anticipation of conflict with China that makes you dissolve into a weepy person ready to jump ship. In speaking for India you are displaying Indian behaviour I guess. Shame on you. I am sorry to have read your mournful caterwaul. I hope I never have to see this kind of worthless nonsense from several hundred million young and hopeful, if not very wealthy Indians who have no hope of jumping ship and going abroad.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

skganji wrote:I have read both Shiv's comment and chanakyaa's comments. Whatever is your opinion you have spoken ?. I don't think that china will kick India's ass. It is the Indian politicians who are doing nothing and letting china kick its ass. In 1962 it happened way before I was even born. Now in 2013, I am a grown up adult and I can see how the same attitude like in 1962 is still continuing in our political establishment. What kind of confidence are these politicians giving to ordinary citizens like us ?. The politicians who are running the current government are acting like Ostriches when it comes to recent chinese incursion and in the matter of corruption and accountability they are doing everything in their hands to cover their dirty acts and their dirty deeds. Whatever I can do at an Individual level I am doing . Sorry I am not claiming I am the most intelligent . I am just concerned for India as a India born human being.
aditya.agd
BRFite

Post by aditya.agd »

All exercises must be stopped and military action must be launched by Indian armed forces. Whatever it takes we must take our land back.....

I am doubtful that Indian govt will ever show any spine whatsoever.
PrithviRajChauhan
BRFite -Trainee

Post by PrithviRajChauhan »

shiv wrote:
skganji wrote:I sometimes feel it is being very unfortunate to be an Indian .
Every other country in the world has got some guts and shame . GOI has no guts and no shame.
Is there an emoticon for hack thoo?

You could always emigrate and show patriotism for some other country.

The defining feature of Indians is to remain Indian and imagine that everyone else is a coward and inefficient and that one is oneself the most patriotic, smart and concerned person, in a fit position to pass judgement on other Indians versus rest of the world, knowledge about whom you claim to possess. What utter nonsense.

You are no different sir in blaming GOI and putting up this shameful wail of the exact type that invites the "dhoti shivering" mockery from Pakis. You are fundamentally scared that the Chinese will kick Indian ass. You don't want to say that directly - instead you sing this laughable dirge. Collect yourself together sir.

In my view the character of a nation shows up in the behaviour of its people under adversity. Here this is not even adversity, it is the mere anticipation of conflict with China that makes you dissolve into a weepy person ready to jump ship. In speaking for India you are displaying Indian behaviour I guess. Shame on you. I am sorry to have read your mournful caterwaul. I hope I never have to see this kind of worthless nonsense from several hundred million young and hopeful, if not very wealthy Indians who have no hope of jumping ship and going abroad.
Yeah Yeah, this is no adversity, its just the anticipation. Keep convincing yourself with that pathetic logic of yours. A trespasser a robber ransack your house n you instead of evicting him, proposes negotiation. That sounds real macho ! The act of the present Govt. embarrasses every Indian and your suggestion of Emigration might become reality, for every Indian in someway if we continue to loose our land. The country with the second largest Armed forces and is nuclear armed is reacting by negotiating with the aggressors.
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

some people here seriously resembles MMS
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

PrithviRajChauhan wrote: Yeah Yeah, this is no adversity, its just the anticipation. Keep convincing yourself with that pathetic logic of yours. A trespasser a robber ransack your house n you instead of evicting him, proposes negotiation. That sounds real macho ! The act of the present Govt. embarrasses every Indian and your suggestion of Emigration might become reality, for every Indian in someway if we continue to loose our land. The country with the second largest Armed forces and is nuclear armed is reacting by negotiating with the aggressors.
:D Thanks for showing the good sense to post in a thread appropriate for your valuable inputs.

Your wisdom has added one more gem to a roll of honour which I am going to update after many months