Post Nuclear Strike on New Delhi [Fictional Analysis]

The Military Issues & History Forum is a venue to discuss issues relating to the military aspects of the Indian Armed Forces, whether the past, present or future. We request members to kindly stay within the mandate of this forum and keep their exchanges of views, on a civilised level, however vehemently any disagreement may be felt. All feedback regarding forum usage may be sent to the moderators using the Feedback Form or by clicking the Report Post Icon in any objectionable post for proper action. Please note that the views expressed by the Members and Moderators on these discussion boards are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the Bharat-Rakshak.com Website. Copyright Violation is strictly prohibited and may result in revocation of your posting rights - please read the FAQ for full details. Users must also abide by the Forum Guidelines at all times.
deepan gill
BRFite -Trainee

Post Nuclear Strike on New Delhi [Fictional Analysis]

Post by deepan gill »

I was watching a program on History Channel2 about the NEST team of US and its plans of evacuation if a low-yield dirty bomb is exploded in Washington DC. It showed how the US Govt is ready for (hope it never happens)nuclear detonation and to tackle the situation post-detonation.

Now if same was to happen in New Delhi India, what are Govt's plans? I am sure GOI has its own plans, but with past experiences of secrecy and using secrecy as an excuse, do they indeed have plans, or there are no plans? I have never seen, heard, anything about this. Amazingly, I don't think even people in India care.

But I am indeed interested to know what plans do GOI have for such eventuality or are we leaving everything in god's hands?

An input by fellow members is very much welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks
Gill
Singha
BRF Oldie

Re: Post Nuclear Strike on New Delhi [Fictional Analysis]

Post by Singha »

We know tsp has plans for tactical nuke attacks on india via jihadis. Only some random saner elements of pa must be holding this in check. Fact is if a jdam takes out nyc, pakistan not escape usa wrath, but if they hit us, chances are there is no real plan and focus will shift to relief, restraint, sikularism, tsp promising all help....with cheen looking on wisely.

The only Agency with a nbc plan who practice every year is army, but thats for fighting formations not static megacities.
anand_sankar
BRFite

Post by anand_sankar »

@Deepan, a little confused here... are you talking about India's retaliation plans or civil defence and rescue efforts post an attack.

If it is civil defence and rescue, then there are very solid plans stored at the office of every district collector and superintendent of police to deal with natural, war and nuclear disasters. These plans are updated once in five or ten years. The plans are listed here:

http://dgcd.nic.in/publication.htm

These are public documents and can be viewed by all at the offices where they are stored.

One of the first tasks when the NDMA (National Disaster Management Agency) was created was to go over these plans. They published a review paper on it:

http://nidm.gov.in/PDF/guidelines/civil_defence.pdf

But the fact is that though plans exist, in India everything goes haywire in implementation, so in essence it is all in god's hands :rotfl:

Every DC and SP on taking charge of a new district has to submit a report on CD preparedness. But babooos being babooos usually sign last years report and just change the date. The only places where I have personally seen this taken seriously is in the border towns where there are days when blackouts are practiced and air raid sirens are checked for functioning.

I live in Bangalore and studied in Army School, where used to have a CD preparedness mock drill when we were very young. The last time I heard an air raid siren tested in Bangalore, was in 1989 or 1990 I guess.
chaanakya
BRF Oldie

Post by chaanakya »

You can merge the thread with already existing thread and post your thoughts.

http://forums.bharat-rakshak.com/viewto ... f=3&t=4554
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

And yet another thread on the topic
Surviving a 50 to 100 bomb nuclear attack on India
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

Am locking this thread as there are already exisiting threads for this topic.
Thanks, ramana