Aero India 2013

chiru
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by chiru »

^^^ aapke muh me ghee shakkar, its gonna be the bestest AI till date :D
would they be flying only on the 6th or on all the days of the show ?
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

Hi guys -will be there on 7th whole day -hope to meet all of you there .Is there a BR stall this time also .
atreya
BRFite

Post by atreya »

Oooh, I'll be missing out AI AGAIN!! :evil:
BTW, doesn't Sagar Pawan perform in AI? I mean, why not them along with the Russian Knights and the Swifts, since SKAT isn't available?
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Holy Cow! This AI is gonna rock :) Awesome news Vishal...thx for posting it here. 6th is the opening day...so will the performance by Swifts is for VIPs onlee? Hope they keep us silent jingoes in mind and perform other days as well.

Vishal, is it possible for you to confirm about their performance days?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

atreya wrote:BTW, doesn't Sagar Pawan perform in AI? I mean, why not them along with the Russian Knights and the Swifts, since SKAT isn't available?
Hi Atreya,

Russian Knights = Su27 | Strizhi (Swifts) = MiG 29

Aero India has almost always been SKAT's domain (until now). Good question about Sagar Pawan, even i'd love to see them performing more.
I only know of two of their performances in the last 5~6 years:

1. One was in Jan 2007 off Marine Drive, South Bombay - photos
2. India Aviation 2010 Airshow at Hyderabad - where unfortunately one of their a/c crashed

Zynda wrote:Vishal, is it possible for you to confirm about their performance days?
chiru wrote:would they be flying only on the 6th or on all the days of the show ?
While its not Officially mentioned anywhere, you can take VJ's word that they WILL BE be here (and performing) for the entire length of the airshow Image

More intel just in:

Also to be expected:

- Airbus A330MRTT (confirmed) ~UAE AF
- Weaponized HAL Rudra (confirmed)
- Pilatus PC-7 MkII (confirmed)
- EADS CASA C-295
- Alenia C-27J Spartan ('usually' performs Aerobatic Flight Displays)
~ Boeing P8i
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Aah. So its the turn of the small airlifters this AI with the C-295 and C-27J attending. That's the next major competition after the refuelers are done.
member_22868
BRFite -Trainee

Post by member_22868 »

News from tarmak007.....FGFA to take part in Aero India 2013!!!
http://tarmak007.blogspot.in/2013/01/ia ... etter.html
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

If the Pak-Fa makes it, then this show would probably be the best edition ever..
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

ptayal wrote:News from tarmak007.....FGFA to take part in Aero India 2013!!!
AMCA mockup / small scale model or the T 50 ?
Austin
BRF Oldie

Post by Austin »

ptayal wrote:News from tarmak007.....FGFA to take part in Aero India 2013!!!
http://tarmak007.blogspot.in/2013/01/ia ... etter.html
WoW , Never saw any thing from Sukhoi stating they are coming with T-50 to AeroIndia

It will be a PITA to disassemble it fly it in An-124 to bangalore , assemble it and make it fly when its in busy flight testing schedule which is already delayed.

I think it will be a mock up may be large scale wooden mock up....but keeping fingers crossed :)
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

With India also committed to the project and buying a large quantity I guess it makes sense for it come down here..
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

Nothing about UAV's, wish to see more coverage of these assets. The article on IAF modernization also didn't talk about UAVs. :((
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

In 2011 it was rumored that F 35 would show up. This year I am guessing this is a mere rumor.
Surya
BRF Oldie

Post by Surya »

it would make sense to come down here when production starts and the aircraft is fully certified

right now its a waste of time and money
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

I am going to be sitting outside the gate at 6am with a sleeping bag if pakfa will give a display here.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

take the best of your cameras, if allowed! and post it here. as close as you can get., especially the inner-spaces how much ever you can dig. ;).
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

but then if the T 50 participates in Moscow Air Show then it should also be in AI 2013.
This will be quite a reassuring feeling for us as major partner since India will be spending huge amount of money in this project
and we also have a look of what 5th gen is all about from close quarters :wink:
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Russkies are exhibition masters and when they take part they take your breath away - so my Re 1 bet is no PAKFA until it is ready to be displayed . Would be happy to be wrong though.
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

didnt the PAK-FA just accomplish a 8k mile long flight, if they could do that they could bring it here too, but they should do all their display far away from the crowd for safety reasons
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

SaiK wrote:take the best of your cameras, if allowed!
Dude! "if allowed" ? Its an airshow! :idea:

Thank God they allow you to click photos at your own homes & weddings because quite frankly, us being THE ONLY NATION ON EARTH which has a 'Security Risk' :roll: for everything we totally need to have these signs at ever possible nook & corner of India

"if allowed" Image
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Was on the phone with Shiv (Aroor) the other day discussing this, finally the confirmation:

3 kadak Katrinas coming to AeroIndia 2013
http://livefist.blogspot.in/2013/01/3-r ... -2013.html

I can now confirm that 3 Dassault Rafale fighters will fly in for Aero India 2013, kicking off on February 6 at the IAF's Yelahanka base.
Two will be on air display duties and the third, a special static display.

This year's show, unlike the last two in 2009 and 2011, is expected to be a decidedly fighter-less one, with the MMRCA competition now down to contract negotiations with France.
You know you're in for a pretty flat show when one of the highlights is a Pilatus PC-7 Mk.2 prop trainer.
There's no word yet on what else exhibitors will be bringing to fly, though I'm hearing the USAF may fly in a C-17 like they did last year.
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:This year's show, unlike the last two in 2009 and 2011, is expected to be a decidedly fighter-less one, with the MMRCA competition now down to contract negotiations with France.
You know you're in for a pretty flat show when one of the highlights is a Pilatus PC-7 Mk.2 prop trainer.
So this basically should help us realize the fact that the Aero India show is relevant only upto the point for products which
India would or may buy unlike many other air shows where companies show products as a window for the future in aerospace tech.
This needs to be changed. Would have been great to see F 35 or the UCAVs of USA live or a SU 35 / Nueron and many more such products.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Vishal Jolapara wrote:
sombhat wrote:The Flying Bulls are coming. Its been updated on their website now.
That i see but i don't get what they mean by exhibition :-?
http://www.flyingbulls.cz/start_e.html
AIRSHOWS 2013

6.-10.2.2013 >> Aero India Bangalore (exhibition) :?:
25.5.2013 >> Pila Airshow (Poland)
18.-19.5.2013 >> Ostrow Wielkopolski Michalkow (Poland)
1.-2.6.2013 >> Airshow Pardubice (CZ)
May 2013 >> Airshow Jaroměř (CZ)
My friend was just tipped-off by Team Leader Radka Machova herself, The Flying Bulls ARE PERFORMING! Image
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Again, Ghee shakar for the time being and a drink when you are here for this info, Vishalji.. Would love a similar confirmation on the Swifts and Knights..
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

Bala Vignesh wrote:Again, Ghee shakar for the time being and a drink when you are here for this info, Vishalji.. Would love a similar confirmation on the Swifts and Knights..
Swifts ► X
Knights ►
Last edited by VishalJ on 21 Jan 2013 18:37, edited 2 times in total.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Vishal Jolapara wrote: "if allowed" Image
3.23 Photography
General still photography by the exhibitors/ visitors during the Exhibition is permitted. However, video/aerial photography over Indian Aerospace or photography in the operational area of the Air Force Station Yelahanka, without permission of Ministry of Defence, Government of India shall not be permitted.

https://www.aeroindia.in/images/Rules%2 ... bitors.pdf

It depends how much permission you have and for what.
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

There was a press conference today in Delhi by MoD/FICCI/DefExpo where they gave the press contingent handouts on Aero India.

It says, "Russian Knights" (Su27) - one of my shooter/journo friend actually showed them Strizhi's (MiG 29) website on his Tablet which says they're coming - the official drew a blank :-?

Anyways, Eurocopter will be displaying its AS565 Panther, Kamov bringing Ka-226T, USAF F-16 Demo Team + some other stuff coming-in as well which no one cares abt

Edit/Update:

I had Shiv check this & he just confirmed:
https://twitter.com/livefist/status/293344514637185025

@MumbaiAirport:
Shiv @SaurabhJoshi ji says Russian Knights Su27s #Confused > @Livefist: Russia's MiG-29 display team confirmed for #AeroIndia @zone5aviation

@Livefist:
@MumbaiAirport Yep, @SaurabhJoshi is right. The Russian Knights Su-27 team is coming, not the MiG-29 team. My mistake.

@zone5aviation:
@MumbaiAirport apparently it's deffo the Knights. Just confirmed for the third time from a third person. @SaurabhJoshi @Livefist
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Vishal Jolapara wrote: Anyways, Eurocopter will be displaying its AS565 Panther, Kamov bringing Ka-226T, USAF F-16 Demo Team + some other stuff coming-in as well which no one cares abt
So, its Knights & not Swifts? Knights are good but Swifts do a dogfight as part of their performance IIRC!

Is USAF F-16 Demo Team same as Thunderbirds? :) Any chance of AH-64 or even Chinook being present at AI? Any news about LCA Mk.2 full scale mock up being displayed?

Edit: Kinda answered my own question. Apparently there exists a F-16 Demo team (Link).
Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Anthony to inaugurate Aero India 2013.

Union minister of Defence, AK Anthony, will inaugurate the ninth edition of the Aero India, on February 6, in Bangalore.

The biennial event organised by Department of Defence Production, which will be held at the Air Force Station Yelahanka, is will see the participation of 600 companies and 78 overseas delegations from countries like Israel, Russia, USA, France, UK, Germany and Belgium, Bulgaria, Italy, Ukraine, Australia, Belarus, Czech Republic, Japan, Norway, South Africa, Spain, Switzerland, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Netherlands, Romania, Sweden, UAE and Singapore.

One of the main attractions of the show will be events by participating teams aerobatic teams - Flying Bulls from Czech Republic, Russian Knights-Russian Air Force Aerobatic Team and IAF's Sarang Aerobatic Team.

According to defence ministry officials, the five day show will promote products and services offered by Indian Defence Industry in the International Market and provide exposure to the Armed Forces, R & D personnel to the latest Aviation and Aerospace Industry.
chiru
BRFite

Post by chiru »

@ VJ russian knights are also good but i cant expect them to perform the flying display with generous use of FLARES, for which they are famous for, dhimmi indian rulez will not allow them :(( and moreover the area around the airbase has a considerable human population :cry:

Vipul
BRF Oldie

Post by Vipul »

Aero India to miss its chief attraction combat aircraft?

Three aerobatic display teams are expected to be the main attraction for the biennial Aero India show starting February 6, which appears to be a scaled down affair with many a combat aircraft giving it a miss following finalisation of a multi-billion dollar IAF deal.

Addressing a press conference on the Aero India show, Secretary (Defence Production) R K Mathur claimed the ninth edition of the show in Banglaore was expected to be "bigger and better" than the previous ones.

Howver, ministry officials said the number of aircraft who have confirmed participation in the show is 52 this year so far while 63 aircraft had come in 2011. The number of companies who have booked space at the show is 607 while 675 took part in the last edition.

Asked which of the six medium multirole combat aircraft (MMCA) aircraft, which have been main attractions of the aero show, are coming in this edition, Mathur said only the French Rafale and American F-16 have confirmed their participation till now.

The six aircraft including American F/A-18 and F-16, Russian MiG 35, Swede Saab Gripen, French Rafale and the European Eurofighter were regular at the last three editions of the show in view of the the then multi-billion dollar tender for 126 aircraft by the IAF.

However, after the contract was bagged by Rafale, other aircraft were not expected to be at the show in this edition.

Mathur maintained the show is "not MMRCA centric". "The highlights of the show would include the participation of three aerobatic display teams including the Czech Red Bulls team, the Russian 'Russian Knight' team comprising the Su-27 combat aircraft and IAF's ALH DhruvBSE 4.55 % Sarang helicopter display team," he said.

The largest contingent at the show would be from the US with 67 of its companies participating followed by France, Russia and Israel.

Asked if China has confirmed its participation, Mathru said, "China has been invited for the show as a formal letter has been sent to them and we are awaiting their confirmation from them about their participation."

A total of 78 countries would be sending their representatives at the aero show of which 27 would be showcasing their products at the mega event.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

Only the Rafale fighter aircraft from Dasault Aviation and the F-16s from Lockheed Martin will fly at the ninth edition of Aero India, which will begin at the Yelahanka base in Bangalore on February 6

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/306 ... y-hit.html
Gurneesh
BRFite

Post by Gurneesh »

From Tarmak blog

http://tarmak007.blogspot.com/2013/01/t ... ht-at.html
He said the visitors will have an opportunity to get up-close with the full-fledged updated cockpit of Tejas, loaded with all possible weapons. On the menu are an R-73 missile, laser-guided bombs, 1000 lb bombs, practice bombs and the beyond-visual range missiles Derby and Astra.
So to all the jingos attending the airshow, getting good images of the tejas cockpit should be your top most priority.
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

LCA Tejas should go for multiple missile ejector rack hard points for derby/python-5, adding more teeth.
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

cant come to this show

Was hoping to get the 2000 Rs tickets ...but cant. 2000 Rs for spicejet and indigo. But they turned out to have riders like 30 day in advance booking and stuff.

Cant get leave to do karnataka express to and fro delhi...and will not shell out 18000 Rs return ticket.

So no aero India for me this year !
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Gurneesh wrote:From Tarmak blog

http://tarmak007.blogspot.com/2013/01/t ... ht-at.html
He said the visitors will have an opportunity to get up-close with the full-fledged updated cockpit of Tejas, loaded with all possible weapons. On the menu are an R-73 missile, laser-guided bombs, 1000 lb bombs, practice bombs and the beyond-visual range missiles Derby and Astra.
So to all the jingos attending the airshow, getting good images of the tejas cockpit should be your top most priority.
During last air show we had a formation flight of 5 Tejas. This time, we are informed that there won't be any formation flights at all. However two Tejas aircraft will demonstrate various manouvering capabilities such as vertical loops, barrel rolls, low-speed flying, high-speed low-altitude flying and inverted flying
Isnt the low speed flying a difficult maneouver, looks like the FCS and testing has matured ??
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

mahadevbhu wrote:cant come to this show

Was hoping to get the 2000 Rs tickets ...but cant. 2000 Rs for spicejet and indigo. But they turned out to have riders like 30 day in advance booking and stuff.
The rider was travel time from time of booking (mid-Jan) till next 2 months - which fit perfectly with Aero India, All the BOM & DEL Spotters got the discounted 2k tickets for 1.8k by using the ClearTrip discount code 'CTPLAY' off a mobile device!!

My procrastination led me to miss part of the offer that is - BOM-BLR but, i got the BLR-BOM for 1.8k

I then had to use a SpiceJet discount code (which is still valid) - 'FLYSBI13' to get 50% off on BOM-BLR base fare (rider for this is it needs to be booked off an SBI card only)

Pls go here for airline/travel website discount codes:

http://www.retailmenot.com/view/spicejet.com
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/cleartrip.com

If you're smart, you can use your ingenuity :idea: to figure stuff out & get an even cheaper ticket - i will now shut-up :wink:
member_20292
BRF Oldie

Post by member_20292 »

^^^^ base fare discounts only.

So , none of that 2000 Rs go and back.

Is there a website like slickdeals.net , in India, where one can check for deals?
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

Aero India 2013: HAL to Fly Dhruv, Rudra and LCH Scale Models of LUH, LCA and Su-30 Will be on Display

Bangalore, January 25, 2013 : HAL’s strength in design, development and production will be showcased through its products during the up-coming Aero-India 2013. The major attractions of the HAL’s pavilion include in-house designs such as Light Combat Helicopter (LCH), “Rudra” the weaponised Advance Light Helicopter (ALH) and Intermediate Jet Trainer (IJT). “For the first time, we will present to the world glimpses of prospective multirole fighter (PMF) also known as Fifth Generation Fighter Aircraft (FGFA). This is under co-development with the Russians”, says Dr. R.K. Tyagi, Chairman, HAL.

ALH- Dhruv, LCH and Rudra (Mk 4 WSI) will be on flying display. Scale Models of Light Utility Helicopter, Hawk, Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) and Su-30 will also be on display.

In addition, Pilotless Target Aircraft (Lakshya), Shakti engine, state-of-the-art accessories and avionics from various Divisions of HAL are being showcased.

The other specialities of the HAL pavilion include 3D video mapping of HTT-40, Dornier Glass cockpit, scale models of aerospace structures of GSLV MkII, GSLV Mk III and PSLV. The Rotary Wing Corner will provide the visitors through simulation & visual display, a helicopter view of the technologies, the capabilities and competencies built in the Company. There will also be a holographic projection depicting capabilities of LCA, Hawk, LCH and LUH