Aero India 2013

member_20067
BRFite

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by member_20067 »

nits wrote:
Blame it on my poor knowledge but never heard on this guy above... what is it
I think it is the target drone Lakshya... used primarily for Akash testing... may be that is why it is called Abhyaash...
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

SaiK wrote:don't tell me the chota hathi vehicle is "designed" for its purpose. :).....
What happened to Garud and their Gypsey..?
member_20067
BRFite

Post by member_20067 »

Prithwiraj wrote:
SaiK wrote:don't tell me the chota hathi vehicle is "designed" for its purpose. :).....
What happened to Garud and their Gypsey..?
Ok... here we go..

maz
Webmaster BR

Post by maz »

ABHYAS is a High Speed Expendable AirTarget ( for missil es) conceptfromADE . Uses Lakshya elements.
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

Mem-Saab! :oops:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

The Garuds seem to have graduated from Ak-47s to Tavors...seems to have become the weapon of choice for all our SF units ( and few RR Cdo units in J&K)?
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Doctor (Shiv)Garu looks at internal beauty no external beauty of Rambha

(could be extended mamory under armpit for oomph factor)
pentaiah
BRFite

Post by pentaiah »

Mem sahib is right next to three crowns(of Sweden) which she deserves but she could be as meancing as the girl with the dragon Tatoo
nikhil_p
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by nikhil_p »

rahuldevnath wrote:Bala that was one amazing shot. Very Sharp! Today sarkari people (and family) were allowed.

Few more shots to conclude the day: :)

Is it just me or does the TATA vehicle look extremely TFTA Maal. Has that no nonsense look to it. This is one vehicle which I would love to own on Indian Roads! :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil:
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

putnanja
BRF Oldie

Post by putnanja »

Prithwiraj wrote: I think it is the target drone Lakshya... used primarily for Akash testing... may be that is why it is called Abhyaash...
There was a post by IndranilRoy where he gleaned info from ADE tender ...

Abhyas fuselage consists of five sections namely Nose cone, Equipment bay, Fuel tank bay, Air intake bay and Tail cone. The material for nose cone and tail cone are made up of composite material (GFRP). The material of equipment bay, air intake bay and fuel tank are made up of aluminum alloy and alloy steel. Provisions are provided on fuselage for mounting of wing, vertical tail, horizontal tail, air intake and boosters. It also has the provision for providing ballast for weight and C.G. management.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

rahuldevnath wrote: Image
Ooh! this is a delight to watch.

1. fairing for the turret gun.
2. most interestingly the boom roots are not the same on TD1 and TD2. The one on TD2 is much more voluminous. Is it housing something?
ramana
Forum Moderator

Post by ramana »

suryaG, Kind of slow today. Who is Mr PS?
PratikDas
BRFite

Post by PratikDas »

indranilroy wrote: 2. most interestingly the boom roots are not the same on TD1 and TD2. The one on TD2 is much more voluminous. Is it housing something?
Please note rakall's post from AeroIndia Seminar 2011.
rakall wrote:Modifications based on TD1 flight tests:(for drag reduction, flight performance)
Optimization of cowling scopps
MLG fairing
modified armament boom --> new design more of a wing (boom with an airfoil shape). Booms are removable.
TLG fairing
Tail end plates removed (were giving more horizontal stability than required.. so removed to reduce drag)
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

PratikDas wrote: Please note rakall's post from AeroIndia Seminar 2011.
I know that. 8) What I was saying is roots of the boom are not the same. The root on TD2 is attached higher than on TD1. Also, I feel that the fairing at the root is bigger on TD2.
TD1
TD2
vivek_ahuja
BRF Oldie

Post by vivek_ahuja »

^ Don't miss out the airfoil fairing designed for the undercarriage in the second pic. Need to think about it some more but almost all of these changes have to do with drag reduction. And yes, the root fairing is bigger than the first model.
vasu raya
BRFite

Post by vasu raya »

The LCH landing gear seems too tough? much like the LCA Navy prototype's heavy landing gear which is now being weight improved.
kvraghav
BRFite

Post by kvraghav »

Bigger boom root, higher boom placement might actually indicate heavier and larger payload options wich might need more distance for the inner pylons from the ground.
krishna_j
BRFite -Trainee

Post by krishna_j »

AI - special edition - Take-off magazine - editor Andrei Fomin - interesting stuff on PAK-FA PMP

http://en.take-off.ru/pdf_to/to25.pdf

Shiv - when u visiting AI ?
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

Prithwiraj wrote: What happened to Garud and their Gypsey..?

DRDO should have brought in an Arjun Mk.2 instead. :twisted:
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

like the neat 'stealth' housing for the nexter cannon. most other gunships have a exposed chin cannon. will protect it from dust and water.

what are the two L shaped prongs at the cheeks? some kind of plasma stealth generator ? :lol:
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Singha wrote:like the neat 'stealth' housing for the nexter cannon. most other gunships have a exposed chin cannon. will protect it from dust and water.

what are the two L shaped prongs at the cheeks? some kind of plasma stealth generator ? :lol:
I guess those L shape house the pitot tubes, which have been moved out to prevent ingestion when the nexter is firing. The black lch has those close to the body.

LCH with those heavy wings and the protrusions, now looks like a child born after a love session between mi-24 and eurocopter tiger.
Last edited by Arunkumar on 06 Feb 2013 11:00, edited 1 time in total.
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

hari nair had cleared that those pitot tubes were moved outwards for better readings during flight trials. On TD-3 and production variants they will be on the chin.
vivek_v
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek_v »

Hi Guys, One query on the tickets. I have registered on-line and got the unique ID number (as Business Visitor). To collect the tickets , can i come directly to AeroIndia and collect the same showing the original ID proof used to Register along with the printout ? Any idea on how long it takes ?

Can anyone who is attending proceedings today clarify on the same. Thanks.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Axis bank seriously screwed the pooch this time on the tickets front. Need to first fill in the challan and then stand in line for the tickets (minimum 1 hour wait). And they have stopped taking money and issuing the challan. Online tickets needs at least one day for payment to reach FICCI and then they give a link. So screwed!
suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

ramana wrote:suryaG, Kind of slow today. Who is Mr PS?
Ramana garu PS Subrahmanyam
vivek_v
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek_v »

merlin wrote:Axis bank seriously screwed the pooch this time on the tickets front. Need to first fill in the challan and then stand in line for the tickets (minimum 1 hour wait). And they have stopped taking money and issuing the challan. Online tickets needs at least one day for payment to reach FICCI and then they give a link. So screwed!
For Online tickets the Unique Reg number/Transaction number came within a few minutes of registration and it did not mention any other link. Am i missing something ?
Singha
BRF Oldie

Post by Singha »

AI persists in this sarkari peculiarity of making it as hard to obtain a ticket as a passport...fill in challan...photo id...dodgy web interfaces and links. miles of queues.

does any airshow around the world have such process? paris, moscow, farnborough?

they should decide what they want to be - a small scale thing for defence scientists and industry reps only or a mass market airshow. atleast for the mass market part, it should be as easy as going there, parking, showing a photo id, buying ticket for cash and going through a security check.

its not as if the passes being sold in axis bank involve a police verification at back end to ensure no ISI agents are sneaking in!

what they will do with all the challan details? offer a job in GTRE to promising profiles ? :lol:
Arunkumar
BRFite

Post by Arunkumar »

Online booking also involves paying Rs 26 extra for 1000 rs ticket, as conveinence charges. Exactly the same as IRCTC charging rs 10 extra for tickets on its own parent company network. Exactly like bangalore autowallah charges 20 rs extra for a 4 km ride...
Last edited by Arunkumar on 06 Feb 2013 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

This is MoD organ raising this. Screw ups are expected and par for the course.

Hopefully vivek_v you are not missing anything. Does the unique reg number/transaction number appear in the page with other details?
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

I somehow never could get my arms around this "Challan Fetish" that is so prevalent in India. WTF ! Wanna go to an air show, just show up, park your vehicle, buy the tix and go in!

This Challan thing is ridiculous.
vivek_v
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek_v »

merlin wrote:This is MoD organ raising this. Screw ups are expected and par for the course.

Hopefully vivek_v you are not missing anything. Does the unique reg number/transaction number appear in the page with other details?
Nope, All i got is a mail confirming a that i have booked as a Business Visitor and to quote this number below to get tickets (number is changed to XXXX) , the below is the mail contents,
"Thank you for registering as Business Visitor at Aero India 2013
Your Unique Registration ID is : - XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Your Transaction No is XXXXXXXX
Amount is XXXXXXXX
Payment mode is XXXXXXXX
For any further query contact badges@aeroindia.in

Please Note :-

1)********************
6. Please carry your registration id and / or proof of online payment to facilitate issue of ticket.
7)*********************

"
They have asked to bring some proof of payment (optional i think). God only knows what that means.Anyways I am bringing the Card used to make the payment. I don't understand what proof of payment is needed for someone who paid by Credit Card.

This is the Fourth AeroIndia which i am attending and every-time there is the same issue of tickets. Why can't a simple thing like tickets made more streamlined (or) organizers charge another 100Rs more and outsource it to some provider with Call Centers for clarification. Anyways if someone who is attending today can clarify , it would be most helpful. If things are still murky then i will postpone to visit Friday (instead of Thursday) and hope for the best :rotfl:

Edit: If someone from Bangalore who went/will be going today can clarify it would really be helpful.
manum
BRFite

Post by manum »

Everytime you make an online transaction....you get a transaction id after you make a payment....the same page which says payment successful...

all you need is to print that page....
Hiten
BRFite

Post by Hiten »

lectures from the 'Helicopter' session

challenges faced in operation helis from warships
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLm33auDAbU

Akash SAM. Towards the end, while the Akash is seen in action, the music has been removed. Bound to fall foul with YT'. The only thing uttered there, other than a few seconds of countdown, is that they had to place the camera at a long distance to capture both Akash being fired sequentially
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBRwAguOlmU
one of the footage shows interesting depressed trajectory of launch. 1st time seeing. Some gyaan please?

BRFite on the ALH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3klS_YR-xGs
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

Went to axis bank Jayanagar branch to collect tickets with online registration number confirmation receipt. "Due to technical reasons, we are unable to issue tickets for "DRDO show" :rotfl: . Please proceed to Yelehanka branch for tickets" LOL

Will collect tickets at the gate. Pooch about payment confirmation...

point 3 on email states as follows:
Entry will be given against valid photo ID only.
(A) Show your Unique registration ID number
(B) Bring your ID (Passport, Voter ID, Driving License, Govt ID).
(C) Collect your entry pass.
Assuming printout of email along with id proof is enough to collect entry pass/ticket? Also will carry CC used to make payment like Vivek ji mentioned.
chiru
BRFite

Post by chiru »

@ shiv saar how can i contact you? please post the benne dose address.
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Booked online and took the printout. Hope for the best tomorrow.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Merlin, still on the same number or have changed??? Looks like there is a fairly decent crowd getting in tomorrow.. Hope to catch fellow BRFites in action at the stalls.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Dont forget the camera's like Dileep ji did last time :mrgreen:
vivek_v
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek_v »

manum wrote:Everytime you make an online transaction....you get a transaction id after you make a payment....the same page which says payment successful...

all you need is to print that page....
There was no Transaction ID given. All that was given was the unique registration number which also got e-mailed after i made payment. I did get alerts in the Credit Card as transaction but it is labelled "Federation of Indian" which i am not sure on how it would be taken as proof.

At any rate all i can do at this stage is to carry the Credit Card which was used to make the Transaction and drive down to Bangalore. Did anyone else get any Transaction ID ?
merlin wrote: Booked online and took the printout. Hope for the best tomorrow.
If possible, please do update tomorrow evening on the actual process followed and how difficult/easy it was to get the Tickets from the On-Line printout. Thanks.
Dileep
BRF Oldie

Post by Dileep »

Based on my last time experience, expect a very long queue and slow processing for online reg, and a cash counter that will sell tickets which is practically empty.

Oh, wait. That was for public visit day. Maybe bijnejj day is different.

(Anyway, I am not coming)