Aero India 2013

Zynda
BRF Oldie

Re: Aero India 2013

Post by Zynda »

Hope Su-30MKI will be part of air display and not just scale models! AI business visitor ticket price is 2K INR! Thats a jump of 25% compared to last year!

Edit: I am a little confused here. A business visitor will have access to both ADVA and Exhibition section on days Feb 6-8, correct? A general visitor can purchase ticket for 400INR and attend on Feb 6-8, but will not be allowed inside exhibition section. Is my understanding correct? I have a couple of friends who are interested in attending AI but do not want to shell out 2K INR. General visitor ticket is best for them since they are not interested in exhibition.
member_22605
BRFite

Post by member_22605 »

any plans for an AI BR meet?
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

Going first time in Aero India.

As per official site, we need following things to get entry :

Unique Registration ID(I have the copy of mail which have this and payment detail) and Govt. ID (PANCARD)

Is any other thing required apart from these?
Last edited by nash on 27 Jan 2013 20:24, edited 1 time in total.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Zynda wrote: Edit: I am a little confused here. A business visitor will have access to both ADVA and Exhibition section on days Feb 6-8, correct?
No. Business visitor does not get access to ADVA as far as I can tell. In any case ADVA entrance is 5 km and 30 minutes away from the business entrance - they are are opposite ends of the runway and accessed from separate roads.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

Do you need any help in Bangalore during Aero India? Email Tarmak007
Indranil
Forum Moderator

Post by Indranil »

krishnan wrote:
Do you need any help in Bangalore during Aero India? Email Tarmak007
Are you AK?
VishalJ
BRFite

Post by VishalJ »

merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:
Zynda wrote: Edit: I am a little confused here. A business visitor will have access to both ADVA and Exhibition section on days Feb 6-8, correct?
No. Business visitor does not get access to ADVA as far as I can tell. In any case ADVA entrance is 5 km and 30 minutes away from the business entrance - they are are opposite ends of the runway and accessed from separate roads.
But a business visitor does not need access to ADVA since he can view the aerial display from the static aircraft viewing area. The only issue is that the aerial displays are optimised for the ADVA area and not for the static aircraft viewing area.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

merlin wrote:
But a business visitor does not need access to ADVA since he can view the aerial display from the static aircraft viewing area. The only issue is that the aerial displays are optimised for the ADVA area and not for the static aircraft viewing area.
Yes absolutely. I just remembered that a business visitor can, if he wants, go to ADVA. I used to attend 2 days with a business ticket and go to ADVA on the third day using the same pass.

This year I paid online. Let me see if it works.
varunalh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varunalh »

5 Dhruvs of the Sarang Team arriving just now.....Still in air while this post was being written....
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

shiv wrote:
merlin wrote:
Yes absolutely. I just remembered that a business visitor can, if he wants, go to ADVA. I used to attend 2 days with a business ticket and go to ADVA on the third day using the same pass.

Wondering if I should do the same online since where the tickets will be available has not been announced yet. There will be the usual last minute fight to go to various SBI branches only to be told that some other branch has the tickets.
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

The branch list is out.. Only thing is I am not sure on when the distribution starts..
Here is the branch list and this time around is Axis Bank..
jamwal
BR Mainsite Crew

Post by jamwal »

Bala , use your cameras well. I hope that your expertise in civilian plane spotting will be useful here. We're counting on you for our fix :D
Bala Vignesh
BRF Oldie

Post by Bala Vignesh »

Jamwal mian, will try my best.. But its tough to compete with the likes of Vishal, rahul_devnath, pyogi... These guys are full on TFTA who come with niche equipment...
merlin
BRF Oldie

Post by merlin »

Bala Vignesh wrote:The branch list is out.. Only thing is I am not sure on when the distribution starts..
Here is the branch list and this time around is Axis Bank..
Cool. Thanks. Will check out the branch soon.
krishnan
BRF Oldie

Post by krishnan »

chiru
BRFite

Post by chiru »

@bala the distribution of tickets has started 3-4 days back, tickets will be available till 5 feb.

@shiv saar booking the tickets online is a PITA as u have to physically get the tickets at the airbase entrance showing the print out from the online booking.
pyogi
BRFite -Trainee

Post by pyogi »

Nice to see this thread alive and kicking :-)
Am surely looking forward to the display by the Russian Knights.
Hey @Vishal, 113-1F, 113-1K, 104-GF does it ring a bell ? Cheers mate .. lets catch up at the show!
Cheers!
Praveen
Nick_S
BRFite

Post by Nick_S »

Vishal, plz get more good pics like this one.

http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7319880

:)
Shrinivasan
BRF Oldie

Post by Shrinivasan »

Nick_S wrote:Vishal, plz get more good pics like this one.
http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=7319880
:)
the Rafale is spoiling the picture... we need tome pics of the terrestrial beauties too... Have a great time in AI2013 guys...
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

chiru wrote: @shiv saar booking the tickets online is a PITA as u have to physically get the tickets at the airbase entrance showing the print out from the online booking.
Yes I saw some guys suffering last time. But buying at banks has not been pleasant either so I am prepared to be treated like dirt
SaiK
BRF Oldie

Post by SaiK »

krishnan, I can't see the flatter belly of katrina! ;)
vina
BRF Oldie
Location: Doing Nijikaran, Udharikaran and Baazarikaran to Commies and Assorted Leftists

Post by vina »

Ok. The AI website is not too helpful. It says the schedule is from 10:00 to 17:00 for air display. I am sort contemplating going for the ADVA on a weekeday. But is there a schedule for a flying display ? . How many displays, which gets slotted first etc ? I sort of prefer getting in by 10:00 and out by lunch.

Usually, BMTC has Volvos arranged for the trip. I rather take that than drive the car all the way there. In any case, I suspect SHQ would have taken the car to work (chauffeured of course) and I will have to manage with the BMTC Volvo.
Zynda
BRF Oldie

Post by Zynda »

vina wrote:Ok. The AI website is not too helpful. It says the schedule is from 10:00 to 17:00 for air display. I am sort contemplating going for the ADVA on a weekeday. But is there a schedule for a flying display ? . How many displays, which gets slotted first etc ? I sort of prefer getting in by 10:00 and out by lunch.

Usually, BMTC has Volvos arranged for the trip. I rather take that than drive the car all the way there. In any case, I suspect SHQ would have taken the car to work (chauffeured of course) and I will have to manage with the BMTC Volvo.
Vina saar, the air display starts around 10 am and lasts for 3hrs. And the same routine gets repeated once more in the afternoon with curtains down at around 5 pm.

I dunno if Volvo goes all the way to ADVA area. Its been a while but as far as I can remember, a deviation has to be taken before Yelehanka AFB and it is quite some distance to ADVA parking lot/viewing area. If the path depicted in this map is correct, then it will give you an idea of the distance involved.

Gmap clicky

Saar, some one of your caliber should be asking kick a$$ questions about Kaveri, LCA etc to DRDO folks and not just limit yourself to air display :P

Hope the above helps
varunalh
BRFite -Trainee

Post by varunalh »

Folks...some amateur shots from today's flying display practice clicky
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

In my general visitor ticket (Air display only), it is written that no electronic device allowed , is that means camera is not allowed for general visitor? :(
Shankar
BRFite

Post by Shankar »

some one help -me have got online receipt for7th - do i go straight to airbase and collect ticket showing the reciept or have to collect it before
nash
BRFite

Post by nash »

Shankar wrote:some one help -me have got online receipt for7th - do i go straight to airbase and collect ticket showing the reciept or have to collect it before
you can go to airbase to collect it or go to selected axis bank branch, show your receipt and get the ticket.
Philip
BRF Oldie

Post by Philip »

Shiv meet you as usual on the 7th at the show.Pl. call me when you can today or tomorrow.
Cheers.
shiv
BRF Oldie

Post by shiv »

Philip wrote:Shiv meet you as usual on the 7th at the show.Pl. call me when you can today or tomorrow.
Cheers.
will do - prob tomorrow.
A Sharma
BRFite

Post by A Sharma »

Aero India 2013:
Elbit Systems to Present Unique Next-Generation Systems and Solutions Highly Suitable for the Indian Market

The C-MUSIC™ DIRCM System will be presented in a 1:1 scale:
This unique system recently performed a series of successful flight tests onboard a Boeing 707 aircraft

The Company will focus on helicopter solutions, from platform upgrades and pilot helmet display system to helicopter protection systems such as DIRCM systems, unified self protection suites, integrated EW suites and more

Introduction of the Hermes® 900 Unmanned Aircraft System in a new configuration adapted to maritime missions

Elbit Systems will feature variety of its next-generation systems at the Aero India exhibition, set to take place in Bangalore, India from February 6-10, 2011. Visitors to the Company booth (Israel Pavilion, Hall A, Booth A2.4.2) can view a wide range of cutting edge integrated solutions and technologies that have established Elbit Systems as an industry leader in every one of its fields of operation. A variety of product presentations and capabilities highly suitable for the Indian market will highlight the Company's comprehensive, leading edge defence and security technologies.

The following will be highlighted in Elbit Systems' stand, Hall A (Booth A2.4.2):

Avionic Products and Systems
Elbit Systems, with its comprehensive airborne systems capabilities, can provide a single sensor or an entire cockpit avionic suite. The following will be displayed in the Company’s booth:
Helicopter Solutions Elbit Systems' main helicopter modernization activities include conversions of utility and assault helicopters into multi-role platforms, upgrading existing utility and attack platforms, supplying cutting edge systems for latest generation aircraft and providing full maintenance and support packages. Elbit Systems has the flexibility to serve as prime contractor, systems integrator, component supplier or service contractor in order to meet the needs of the specific customer.
New Generation ANVIS/HUD®24T is a Pilot and Co-Pilot Day/Night Helmet Display System for head-out flight. The new generation ANVIS/HUD®24T (including tracking capabilities) combines innovative line of sight (LOS) technology and HUD capabilities, thus enhancing flight safety and crew coordination while facilitating the operation of the helicopter’s systems.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS):
Elbit Systems is a leading provider of high performance turnkey UAS solutions, including advanced air vehicles, ground control stations and intelligence management centers. The Company's UAS have earned international recognition and play vital roles in the global war on terrorism and are the backbone of the Israel Defense Forces and other world leading armed forces.

The following will be presented in 1:1 size:
Skylark® I-LE (Long Endurance) is a derivative of the legacy Skylark® I UAS, operational with several armed forces worldwide. In addition to other improvements, Skylark® I-LE has been upgraded to offer longer endurance of up to three hours and enhanced robustness.
Hermes® 90 – Tactical Close-range Long Endurance UAS is Elbit Systems' new, next generation, expeditionary, close range long endurance tactical UAS, highly suited for maneuvering forces and featuring performance-proven, highly autonomous capabilities of the Skylark® and Hermes® UAS families. It has a Micro-CoMPASS payload and a unique carrying capacity for payloads in its class, and a small logistic footprint.
The following UAS will be displayed by Multimedia: At Aero-India 2013 Elbit Systems is introducing its newest and largest UAS, the Hermes® 900, in a new configuration adapted for maritime missions. Hermes® 900 can carry payloads of up to 350 kg. In the maritime configuration, the payloads' suite includes maritime surveillance radar, AIS, electro-optical multi-sensor payload and electronic surveillance systems. It has the endurance to cover vast ocean areas, and has redundant LOS and satellite communications links and radio relay, enabling the operator to ‘talk through’ to vessels at sea. The aerodynamic efficiency of the Hermes® 900 enables frequent changes in flight profiles, enabling visual identification of vessels at sea in addition to the ISAR capability provided by the radar. Satellite communication enables it to fly to mission areas at extended ranges as far as 1000 nautical miles from shore.
Recently awarded an additional contract for supply to the Israel Defense Forces, and with and multiple international customers, Hermes® 900 provides a unique, expeditionary, long endurance and cost/effective solution for a variety of Air Force, Navy, Army and para-military applications.

Electro-Optic Systems:
Elbit Systems Electro-optics Elop, a recognized world leader in electro-optic systems, will showcase the following:

MUSIC® is a DIRCM system for the protection of helicopters and small to medium fixed-wing turboprop aircraft. This system has been selected by the Italian Air Force and is planned to be installed (in a dual turret configuration) on the C-130J, C-27J and AW101 CSAR helicopters. The system has already been supplied and installed on VIP helicopters.

C-MUSIC™ DIRCM system, a unique solution against the threats of MANPADs recently performed a series of successful flight tests onboard a Boeing 707 aircraft. The system was proven effective, successfully performing all of the needed functions. This cutting edge self protection solution is installed in an aerodynamic pod and especially designed for the protection of civil and VIP large jets. The system was selected by the Israeli government for the protection of its entire commercial airlines fleet and was designed to meet the requirements of both commercial certification and protection of large aircraft. This is the first program in the world to provide a complete protection solution for commercial aviation. The system is being offered on the international market, and there is considerable interest by many potential customers operating commercial, VIP and military aircraft.

Elbit Systems EW and SIGINT – Elisra:
As a leader in sophisticated solutions for electronic warfare (EW), Elbit Systems EW and SIGINT - Elisra is a primary source of EW suites for the Israeli Air Force and for many other Air Forces around the world. The Company's EW systems are installed in over 30 types of fixed and rotary-wing aircraft of both Western and Eastern origin. Elbit Systems EW and SIGINT - Elisra will present the following:
Unified Self Protection Suite for Helicopters & Transport Aircraft:
Elisra’s first-of-its-kind unified suite for helicopters and transport aircraft includes comprehensive, advanced, passive and active EW capabilities. The lightweight, modular suite integrates and fully optimizes, with total interoperability.

ALL-in-SMALL™ is an integrated EW Suite, offering for the first time the most advanced multi-spectral DAS and ESM capabilities packed into a single LRU, delivering superior accuracy identification and location. Extremely compact in size and lightweight, the system's modular design and open architecture offer multiple interface possibilities.

Unified Self-Protection Suite for Fighter Aircraft includes the most advanced multi-spectral DAS and ESM capabilities in a single LRU, delivering the highest DF accuracy, identification, and location of received signals, very high probability of intercept (POI), and enabling swift response. The suite is operational and deployed onboard fighter aircraft in the Israeli Air Force and modern Air Forces around the globe.

Airborne COMINT/DF System - detects and intercepts voice and data radio emissions, determining their direction of arrival (DOA) and location.

COMJAM for Airborne Platforms is specially designed for installation on-board mission aircraft. SKYJAM is a modular, flexible, future-ready configured system for UAS.

SIGINT Payloads for UAS include ELINT system (Emerald AES-210V) and COMINT systems (SkyFix), meeting the full range of SIGINT mission requirements.

SIGINT for Mission Aircraft combines advanced COMINT and ESM/ELINT systems into a unified system, presenting a new level of capabilities that provide a fast, complete and accurate intelligence picture for mission aircraft.

Data Links include advanced wireless communications systems for manned and unmanned aircraft, guided weapons, and space platforms - as well as unique SAR (Search and Rescue) systems for combat and non-combat applications.

About Elbit Systems
Elbit Systems Ltd. is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS"), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, airborne warning systems, ELINT systems, data links and military communications systems and radios. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services.
For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems.com.

Dalia Rosen, Head of Corporate Communications
Tel: 972-4-831-6784
Fax: 972-4-831-5420
E-mail: dalia.rosen@elbitsystems.com

Dana Tal, Corporate Communications
Tel: 972-4-831-8809
Cell: 972-54-9998809
E-Mail: dana.tal@elbitsystems.com
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

to all the lucky people going to watch AI 2013, please try to get some concrete info
on ISRO plans/timelines for GSLV Mk.3 / Mk.2 , Semi-Cryo, SRE-2 and C-25.
TIA
vivek_v
BRFite -Trainee

Post by vivek_v »

shiv wrote:

One query. Is the Business Visitor ticket valid only for one day (or) is it valid for the entire 3 days (Wed-Fri) ? (i.e) Is it only single/exit only valid ticket (or) for the entire 3 days can one use the ticket ? Thanks.
rahuldevnath
BRFite -Trainee

Post by rahuldevnath »

Few shots from the FDR

Kapil
Webmaster BR

Post by Kapil »

Whee!

Operated with The Rahul!
the Tiger Moth is flown by Wing Cdr Kulshrestha and Wing Cdr Dangi
the Su 30 by Wing Cdr Parag Lal

suryag
Forum Moderator

Post by suryag »

Kapil/Rahul ji where are you getting the photos from, i thought visitors are not allowed yet
sum
BRF Oldie

Post by sum »

IIRC, Full dress rehearsal?
member_23694
BRFite

Post by member_23694 »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I am loving it :D , bring it on